[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of pic related. Rewatched it after about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: EYES_WIDE_SHUT.jpg (28 KB, 350x519) Image search: [Google]
EYES_WIDE_SHUT.jpg
28 KB, 350x519
What does /tv/ think of pic related.

Rewatched it after about ten years since my last viewing and liked it more than I did then, but still kind of felt like it wasn't very good. Kidman is kind of a cunt and Cruise just walks around NYC on Christmas eve with no real focus or destination.

Orgy scene is also much tamer than I remember but that entire cult scene was way better than I remember it being.
>>
>>64589283
She is supposed to be an annoying cunt. Cruise is ok with her being a cult fuck toy at the end, because they both want to cheat, and it's making them sassy. That's what I thought at least.
>>
>>64589398

Yeah I got that, felt like she was generally unlikeable. Tight fucking body though.

Do people consider this his weakest post Lolita?
>>
File: after_hours__-_poster_1__1985_.jpg (801 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
after_hours__-_poster_1__1985_.jpg
801 KB, 1000x1500
>>64589283
It reminded me a lot of After Hours, just worse. I still very much liked Eyes Wide Shut.
>>
>>64589496

Good comparison, I like After Hours more too
>>
I was pretty drunk and the first time I tried to watch it I decided to fuck off after 20 minutes, couldn't give a fuck. Then I tried it a second time and remembered "oh, secret societies, kidman and cruise are supposed to act like soulless mannequins, they're puppets." so it let me appreciate instead of condemn an entire critical aspect of the movie.

I just don't understand why a secret society would orchestrate this facade to convince a nobody to fuck off and not ask questions. At one end it illustrates how effortlessly an elite cabal could make myth imitate reality (like Kubrick) . Why wouldn't they just fucking fire his body into space after being being beaten to death with giant diamond dildos ? American doctors personify education and intelligence, a perfect opportunity for practicing deception; just a little drill to evaluate performance. However, the doctor is also clearly the most naive and unaware character in the whole movie. Maybe that demonstrates how much more substantially dumber (short of the elite) everyone is. I'm too drunk right now to continue but I could go on for hours about it, I loved it
>>
> examination of sex in marriage
> manchild of /tv/ fails to understand
le jacks surprised face
>>
under-appreciated and misunderstood masterpiece.
>>
strangelove is his best right?

I was skeptical at first but it is so damn funny
>>
>>64591618
I understood it fine, there are better films about sexuality and marriage and this definitely leans on a weaker Kubrick movie
>>
>>64589496
No way, EWS is muuuuuch better than After Hours
>>
>>64592637
4u
>>
>Kindman is kind of a cunt
Says nothing about the worth of the movie.
>Cruise just walks around NYC
>Orgy scene is also much tamer than I remember
>>
Kubricks most underrated film
>>
>>64592743

> complains about OP's post not discussing the movie

> doesn't discuss the movie

Pls
>>
I was born in 1997, and this movie sucked to me. But to be honest I watched it right after Age of Ultron, so that might have had something to do with it.
>>
>>64593456

I'm OP born in 1987 and thought it was somewhat underwhelming.
>>
>>64589283
Kubrick's worst movie.
He was senile and dying while making it.
Its a damn shame.
>>
File: rothschild.jpg (79 KB, 395x549) Image search: [Google]
rothschild.jpg
79 KB, 395x549
>>64591198
The film is trying to say something about Rothschild...one of the richest famlies in the world (or at least used to be, dont know what they are up to nowadays) and they used to host sumptuous and super - private parties for the top tier elite and high society.

Pic related a picture from the hosts in a real Rothschild party...obvious inspiration for EWS.
>>
>>64593976

Thats pretty interesting. Is it just speculation or are there some more than striking similarities between the movie and the Rothschild family?

Mind you I'm only vaguely familiar with the novella
>>
>>64594385
The film was shot in the Mentmore Towers, which was once one of the Rothschild's mansions.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.