[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why does everyone hate the Yuuzhan Vong, again? >hostile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: star_wars_yuuzhan'tar.jpg (899 KB, 1222x794) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_yuuzhan'tar.jpg
899 KB, 1222x794
So why does everyone hate the Yuuzhan Vong, again?

>hostile extragalactic race comes to the galaxy, on account of ruining their own
>came in "worldships" which they used kind of like arks to escape the destruction they caused
>Force-immune, mixes things up a bit
>reliant on biotechnology for scary "undead" vibe, don't give a fuck, want to genocide The Galaxy and claim it as theirs
>they're such a threat that the Imperial Remnant actually allies with the New Republic to take back Coruscant and drive the Vong out

This would've been so much more interesting than Not the Death Star and le space nazis
>>
Because they don't belong in Star Wars.
>>
>>64219154
Why, though?
>>
File: star_wars_worldship.jpg (48 KB, 532x299) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_worldship.jpg
48 KB, 532x299
>>64219154
I SAID WHY FAGGOT
>>
>>64219223
>>64219453

Because they're Warhammer shit and being force immune is a crock of shit.
>>
>>64219553
The nature of the Force is never explained to the extent that it applies to the entire universe... Most of what we see in Star Wars is restricted to the galaxy known to the characters, which itself isn't even entirely charted.

So how do we know the Force isn't something originating from the known Star Wars galaxy, something which doesn't necessarily apply beyond it?
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>64219093
Because they are the super special sowflakes from the imagination of a 10 year old that cannot stop godmoding when playing with their friends.

>My guys wear cool spiky armor! And it's lightsaber proof!!!
>My guys can't feel pain! They torture themselves until they cannot be hurt any more!
>There are enough of them to invade the whole galaxy and take over every planet at the same time!!!
>Oh yea well uhh....my guys are immune to the force!!
>Yea well uhh...my guys destroy galaxies!!!!
>My guys have cooler spaceships, they're Bio-technology! It's cooler than your stupid spaceships!
>>
patience
>>
>Galaxy has billions of planets,
>hundreds of thousands of them inhabited
>Hundreds to thousands have their own expanding empires
>Aliens come in all shapes sizes, types, and forms
>Pirates and mafias exist too
>Space monsters exist
>Droids constantly rebel too
>Cyborgs are common
>Space wizards exist in all flavors
>All of this has been going on for hundreds of thousands of years

>Ignore all of that to make mary sue 40K shit species that comes from somewhere else and follows none of the rules or history whatsoever
>>
>>64219093
They did not appear in the movies so moviefags are offended at superior creation
>>
>>64220449
This. Fucking this, so much
>>
>>64219553
But wasn't there a winged Jew in the prerequels uneffected by the Force?
>>
being immune to the mindtrick isnt new i think jabba was to.
>>
Not taking suggestion is a lot different from being totally immune from things like force push or force choke.
>>
>>64221324
i thought force choke was a suggestion.
>>
>>64221368
>telekinetic powers being anything but telekinetic

Why would you think that?
>>
>>64220310
this post...my word... the only thing its missing is ebin numbers of truth
>>
>>64220449
>>64220310

>I never read any books with the Vong in them so Imma post memes and hope I get reddit karma for it!
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>64220449
>billions of planets

Somebody missed the new, improved, retconned galaxy.
>>
>>64222942
>geonosis and tatooine that close

Are they in the same system or something?
>>
>>64222942
>characters bitch in Episode I about how the Republic can't effectively police the Outer Rim worlds like Tattooine, thus why slavery and piracy exists
>put Tattooine right near Naboo, a paradise planet
>>
>>64222982

they're both desert planets so they're right next to each other
>>
>>64223013
Naboo privilege.
GUNGAN LIVES MATTER
>>
>>64222942
Surely that doesn't imply that those are all of the systems. I mean, look at all of those fucking stars.
>>
>>64222942
Why have Rakata Prime and Mandalore if they're not going to use KOTOR stuff?

And why is Jakku so close to Rakata Prime? Wtf? Rakata Prime was originally far from civilization because the Rakata were obsessed with the dark side, crazy fuck and only managed to leave their planet on account of an advanced civilization accidentally finding them.
>>
you know what would be even cooler? a sonic the hedgehog movie starring cold steel the hedgehog.
>>
>>64222942
>Coruscant is not in the Hosnian system
I feel like it should have been established that Coruscant definitely wasn't blown up in the movie, seeing at the planet we saw looking awfully liked Coruscant.
>>
File: 1407637123054.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1407637123054.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>64220449
>Implying any empty habitable planet was reachable
>implying any habitable planet isn't claimed already

Is this a new plateau of retardedness?
>>
>implying Disney isn't already laying track to introduce the notVong movie by movie
>they've already started this with the Starkiller Base and the whole reason for the FO coming into being
>implying the notVong won't be the big bads of the next trilogy and Rey and Ren will have to join forces to beat them and learn that the true power of the Force lies in the unity of the light and the dark, or some bullshit halfassed crap like that
>>
>>64222942
Nowhere does it say that these are the only planets that exist
>>
>>64223671
yea, plenty of barren lifeless worlds. what's your point? oh you're BTFO'd? exactly.
>>
>>64219670
It's true. The introduction to the movies "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away" implies that the stories told happened in our universe. But we don't have the force in our galaxy and it doesn't apply or work here.
>>
>>64223586
Fuck off retard
>>
>>64222942
wouldn't a 'map' like this be useless since bodies in space are constantly in motion? This is like having a map for the bubbles in a child's glass of chocolate milk.
>>
>>64219093
>super special snowflakes immune to the Force

no thanks
>>
>>64222305
>he likes the vong
kill yourself EU shitter
>>
>>64219093
I though they were pretty BASED tbqh senpai
>>
ITT: faggots who want star wars to be about the republic blowing up imperial death stars for eternity.
>>
>force-immune

The fuck does that even mean?
Sounds like something you'd see in a video game or some shit.

Is that what the EU reduced villains to? Megaman Robot Masters? Take half damage from Force attacks, but double damage from Ice and Lightning? What kind of writing is that?
>>
>>64221154
Foce persuasion only ever works on the weak-minded. This is established from the first movie. Keep up
>>
Reminder that Sheev predicted their arrival so dominated the galaxy to provide a strong unified resistance against them.
The rebels fucked all that up so in fact were ultimately responsible for the deaths of trillions.
>>
95% of EU is objectively better than new canon
>>
Old EU was golden up until the vong

The amount of damage control they had to pull with Legacy as well to get people to try and forget that shit sandwich was hilarious
>>
>>64219093
the EU was overblown trash. but the Disney version is unsensical trash.

any way you look at it star wars lore is done for, it reached a point where the far prequel games have better writing and atmosphere than a AAA movie, revan and malak are a better character story than anything that could still come out of this steaming pile of shit
>>
File: 15132526.jpg (149 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
15132526.jpg
149 KB, 600x1024
Reminder that
>People justified trashing the EU because of Suncrusher
>TFA had a worse version

>People justified trashing the EU because of Jacen solo being a whiny Sith edgelord
>TFA had a worse version

>People justified trashing the EU because Jaina Solo was a mary sue strong womynz
>TFA had a worse version
>>
>>64226443
Star wars was never that good story wise it has always been a shitty kids story about good and evil.
>>
>>64226558
but at leat it had a comfy universe people were itching to explore

now it just shit, sometimes it's better to leave things untold.
>>
>>64226470

>kylo ren bad

nigga you is a pleb
>>
>>64223150

Afaik kotor is still canon
>>
>>64226655
No it isn't

>inb4 rey was created by the star forge and will become the villain
>>
>>64219553
>being force immune is a crock of shit.
the last book explained that the planet that essentially originates the Force, got sick and fucking tired of the vong's bullshit, exiled them off the planet, stripped them of all force affinity, then told them to GTFO the galaxy.
>>
>>64226399

t. Grand Moff Barbosa
>>
>>64219093
expanded universe is like the 157th season of a formerly good show
>>
File: 1310485591942.jpg (155 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1310485591942.jpg
155 KB, 400x505
>>64226470

>sun crusher better than star killer base
>emo faggot pilots a starfighter that can destroy entire solar systems
>kek

no, just no
>>
>>64223013
>the group travels from naboo to coruscant
>have to land on tatooine because it's on the way to coruscant

What no it isn't
>>
>>64226766
>emo faggot pilots a planet that can destroy entire solar systems
>>
>>64219093
>appear from literally nowhere
>changes character motivations, including turning sheev into a misunderstood hero
>immune to pain, lightsabers and the force for no reason

It's just shitty writing and ruined the pre established lore. Also

>using le unironically

go back to fucking reddit
>>
>>64226688

Still seems to be semi-canon if planets like Rakata Prime, Onderon and Taris are still in. Why else would they bother keeping them?
>>
>>64221368
>I suggest you close up your throat so you can't breathe
>>
>>64226732
nailed it
>>
>>64219093
Tone wise, it was too damned dark for Star Wars.

It also made the struggles of the movie characters, whom we'd come to love from watching the films, feel pointless.

Why did the movies show their war against the empire when the war against the Vong was so much bigger?

The books should at never point have overshadowed the films in terms of stakes and scope.

Plus it invalidated the heroes' struggle in the films in another way by making it into a tragic mistake. A large part of the reason the Vong were so successful was because of the Repulic's democratic and peaceful nature.

The Empire would have won the war decisively easily, and while oppressive and evil, would have saved trillions of lives.

One death star would send the Vong running.
>>
>>64226732
TFA is like the 2015 remake of a good older show
>>
>>64226713
whats this t. meme?
>>
Because Yuuzhan Vong is a gay name
>>
>>64223261
Jakku or whatever also looked identical to Tattooine.

My question is; if you are going to introduce a new planet that is EXACTLY the same visually as one already established, why not just use the old one?
>>
>>64226470
>>People justified trashing the EU because of Jacen solo being a whiny Sith edgelord
>>TFA had a worse version

Oh god, that.

As a kid I would read the Young Jedi Knights series, which Jacen Solo was a main character in. Sometimes I imagined fan-fics I would never write where like he turned evil and it made his waifu (and mine), Tenel Ka, admit for feelings for him.

I was like 14 or 15 at the time... and when I thought about it a short time later I realized how silly that was.

Then they went and did that.
>>
>>64223032
>>64222982
In Episode 2 they're on Tatooine and the emergency signal from Geonosis comes

Padme says "that's less than a parsec from here"

so they're right next to eachother yes
>>
>>64226979
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>64227088
It's already so similar to a new hope, might as well change it up a little bit.
>>
>>64227215
It just makes it feel fake and bizarre though.
>>
File: Clone_wars_factions.jpg (3 MB, 2125x2925) Image search: [Google]
Clone_wars_factions.jpg
3 MB, 2125x2925
>>64222942

Those are not all planets you fucking retard. It's the bare minimum for newfags.

Have another 100% canon Disney map.

And even this map shows just a tiny fraction of what's really there.
>>
>>64227088
it was probably Tattooine before the new screenwriters and the artists were already working on desert-themed stuff

also that map is fucking wookiepedia-tier shit, no one writing the movies gives a fuck about that and it was probably made up by some guy with no relation to the creative process. it's just called """official map""" because it's in a book officially licensed. that's like saying Luke is dead because I played as him in the new battlefront video game and got killed so that's canon now
>>
>>64222982

Do you people even realize how large galaxies are?
>>
>>64219093
theyre not what star wars is about. They fit better with Stargate desu
>>
>>64220310
>>64220449

This so much.
>>
>>64223432
>implying any habitable planet isn't claimed already

There are millions of planets with life but no civilization.

40% of the galaxy is unexplored. Yes, it's canon in Disney canon. That's where First Order operates from.
>>
>>64226691
What the fuck
>>
Because EU shit is fucking stupid.
>>
>>64227456
Is that map still canon?
>>
File: MainGalaxy.png (2 MB, 1471x1321) Image search: [Google]
MainGalaxy.png
2 MB, 1471x1321
>>64227567

TCW is canon so yes.

FFG stuff is also canon.

At least until they remake prequels or something.
>>
>>64226691
>the last book explained that the planet that essentially originates the Force, got sick and fucking tired of the vong's bullshit, exiled them off the planet, stripped them of all force affinity, then told them to GTFO the galaxy.

So the planet got sick of their bullshit and decided that the best way to punish them for said bullshit, was to make them super strong by making them immune to the force?
>>
>start watching TCW
>FIND MASTER YODA!
>droid: Uhh... what does he look like?
kek
>>
>>64227672

Literally everybody hates Vong shit. It's horrible. Just ignore that idiot.
>>
>>64226979
>t. newfag
>>
>>64226332
b-but muh OT
>>
>>64227672

>implying anyone would have been able to stop the Vong at all if they were all Force sensitive.
>>
>>64226845
>including turning sheev into a misunderstood hero
Wait, seriously? Please elaborate, is it some "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE SITH TO PRESERVE BALANCE" style bullshit?
>>
>>64226921

>The Empire would have won the war decisively easily, and while oppressive and evil, would have saved trillions of lives.

The only people who were saying this were some of the Imperials who were themselves very biased.

The Imperial Death Star was easily defeated by a rag tag group of Rebel fighter pilots. Anyone who thinks the result of a clash between the Empire and Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't have ended in even more mutual destruction is being stupid. Han even points this out himself and trashes the idea that the Empire would have been significantly more successful. The idea that the Empire under Palpatine would have been that much more successful was just tossed around because the characters in the story were all looking for some explanation or someone or something to blame, but there was really no one to blame but the Vong themselves. Even if the Empire in the OT could have held back some of the invasion, chances are all you'd get is a state of perpetual struggle Empire becoming more aggressive, more authoritarian, more willing to sacrifice anything for victory and the Vong consolidating their power on many worlds with the Empire having only the power to contain them, not actually defeat them for good.

The NJO explored this many times that the dark side was not with the answer to the Yuuzhan Vong threat and that mere survival was not worth the loss of one's soul. And the Vong were ultimately defeated through a much less violent and aggressive means.
>>
File: reddit_harrison_ford.jpg (220 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
reddit_harrison_ford.jpg
220 KB, 600x324
>>64220310
>>64227513
>>
>>64228735
He took over the republic, made it and empire and militarized the galaxy as a way to BTFO the outside threat with his Death Stars and other shit, then the Rebels fucked it up and thrillions were killed because of that

Sheev dindu nuffin, he a good boy
>>
>>64228735

No, anons are just idiots saying shit that never was said.

Sheev was not a hero, he didn't learn about the Yuuzhan Vong threat until later, and he only cared about it because he didn't want these guys coming in and messing up his plans to become the immortal god emperor of the galaxy.

In the Darth Plagueis novel, Sheev becomes a Sith long before he learns about the Yuuzhan Vong and is really messed up by his dad and his friendship to Plagueis, which turns him into a psychopath.
>>
>>64220449
>>64220449
>follows none of the rules or history whatsoever

Oh so that's unacceptable in the EU but it's perfectly fine in TFA

>hurr durr fractal shield we can just fly through in hyperspace
>hurr durr magical droid sleep mode that stops anyone from gaining access
>durr durr durf the force is a superpower that just manifests whenever you need it, you don't even need to know what it is in a vague sense
>>
File: z6UtMxA.png (189 KB, 778x789) Image search: [Google]
z6UtMxA.png
189 KB, 778x789
EU had KotOR 2, Thrawn, Abeloth, Centerpoint Station, and Killiks, which is why I will always like it more than any of the movies. It has more detailed characters and more varied worlds. The movies are still good, but they are very simple stories with simple characters.

It is simply beyond me how movie purists can hate something they barely understand and doesn't interfere with the movies they love. You have an entire galaxy, filled with tens of thousands of species and cultures, with even more worlds, near endless possibilities for characters and all on a timeline of hundreds of thousands of years, and all you want to see is the same handful of characters with the same 6-7 worlds in the same 70 year time frame.
>>
I guess you guys missed the last few books, where it turned out the scarheads were just misunderstood so they couldn't REALLY be blamed for starting an unprovoked, galaxy-wide, genocidal holy war because their own galaxy had been destroyed (yeah, they did that too, but that wasn't really their fault, either).
>>
>>64219093
don't worry, these movies will be out at some point in the next 20 years.
>>
>>64226817
kylo ren didnt pilot it
>>
>>64227456
This is the prime example of why Star wars fans are the most autistic people in the world
>>
The only thing that I liked about the vong was their dumbfuck assholery reunited the mandalorians into space Spartans again. A shame that their story was written by Travissty.
>>
>>64229348
>not this
Step it up senpai.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
>>
File: yuuzhan vong (2).jpg (256 KB, 696x778) Image search: [Google]
yuuzhan vong (2).jpg
256 KB, 696x778
>>64229202

I'm pretty sure it was the opposite: the scarheads realized what they were doing was wrong and they were being manipulated by their rulers and decided they had enough war to last a lifetime.

The Vong were mercilessly enslaved by two warring droid species who were fighting over dumb droid shit like MUH SYMMETRY. Their home planet, hearing their prayers for help, gave them the biotech they needed to fight the droid menace, but they became more warlike and more hellbent on a crusade to eliminate impurity that their home planet deafened them to the Force and just disappeared, leaving them homeless, transient and alienated.

The reason the Vong appeared force dead was because their home planet, which was conscious and had a strong connection to the Force, rejected them because they became twisted.

For people saying they don't seem to belong in Star Wars, that's kind of the point until they finally decide they need to change and settle on Zonama Sekot, which is the "offspring" of their homeworld that settled in the SW galaxy. But really, I think the Vong fit fairly well with some of the themes and ideas explored in Knights of the Old Republic 2.
>>
>>64226854
Fanservice

Doesn't mean the actual stories are still canon
>>
>>64227475
of course they don't, and even if George Lucas did when he was writing Star Wars he didn't care

>le 60 stars within 15 ly of Earth fais
>le basically one pixel
>>
>>64226845
>implying he wasn't using le ironically

hey upboater
>>
>>64229477
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>64228868
Thrawn would've won against the agony without resorting to extremist measures like Palpatine. Thrawn is a guy you can actually respect as leader because he recognizes talent and initiative.

Had he not died and rallied the Galaxy, the Vong would've been curb-stomped because. Thrawn would listen to any suggestion regardless of whom it's from.
>>
>>64219670
The Ssi Ruuk who live in the far reaches of the galaxy aren't Force immune, but are never Force sensitive so this seems plausible.
>>
>>64222942

>Episode 1
>"We'll go to Tattooine from Naboo because that's the nearest non-Trade Federation world"
>It's right next door to their fucking droid factory
>>
>>64223013
Well the Republic couldnt do much of anything during the blockade and invasion of naboo.
>>
>>64219670

The Force exists in the Yuuzhan Vong's galaxy tho, they're just a void in the Force not unlike the Exile. It is mentioned that over time the Yuuzhan Vong generally will reconnect to the Force in time as the spiritual wounds they carry begin to heal.
>>
File: le conspiring hands.jpg (739 KB, 625x850) Image search: [Google]
le conspiring hands.jpg
739 KB, 625x850
What pisses me off most about the new EU is what they did to the Galactic Civil War plotline.

Old canon
>Galactic Civil War continues for decades after Battle of Endor
>Empire still poses a threat years after Rebels seize Coruscant and form the New Republic
>loads of interesting Imperials left over for Rebels to fight, like Moffs, Grand Admirals, Warlords etc
>lots of relatively interesting political intrigue and faction conflicts within and outside the New Republic/Empire
>loads of memorable post-Endor battles throughout novels, comics and games (Rogue Squadron, anyone?)
>Palpatine's crazy inner circle fucking around and causing chaos
>Warlords splitting off and doing their own thing or fighting among each other for control
>Empire still possesses tens of thousands of heavy warships, including dozens of Super Star Destroyers and experimental super weapons
>Thrawn
>Pellaeon
>Baron Fel
>Empire's continued presence in the galaxy actually gives the New Republic something to do, allowing Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Wedge and Based Kyle Katarn to embark on many more adventures
>Even after the New Republic and the Empire declare ceasefire, several systems still follow the Imperial Remnant for the next century

New canon
>No interesting Imperial leaders left, somehow
>Within a couple of years since Endor, nearly every high ranking Imperial and majority of the entire Imperial fleet have been destroyed
>New Republic comes to power out of nowhere and changes the galaxy's capitol from Coruscant to some random world no one gives a fuck about before doing nothing of interest for thirty years
>remaining handful of Imperials just kind of fuck off to uncharted territory to found the First Order and do nothing of interest for thirty years
>nothing of interest happens for thirty
>fuckin
>years
>all because the Empire (and Rebellion?) disappear overnight

Also to the guy who originally posted this: you spelled Pellaeon wrong. Shameful.
>>
>>64231716
yep, sure there was some stupid stuff in the EU, but there was also some amazing action and storylines. it's what kept the series afloat all this time. and they just discard it all for a barely thought out rehash of ANH.
>>
>>64231716
Have you read the new EU books that set up Episode VII? Because I heard they're kinda 50/50 bad to decent.
>>
File: FelFuneral.jpg (74 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
FelFuneral.jpg
74 KB, 500x351
>>64231716

And if you look at Legacy as being more or less the ending to the timeline, what you basically end up with are four major factions coming out on top:

1. The reformed Empire under the dynasty of Fel who have rejected the Sith tradition of Palpatine but still value the sense of order and law under a supreme royal head of state, as long as he serves the light side of the Force. The leader of the Empire at the end is a descendant of both Baron Fel's son and Princess Leia's daughter.

2. The Jedi Order, who are now their own power, rather than one sworn to the Republic, which no longer exists. It is under the leadership of based K'Khruk

3. The Galactic Alliance, built from the remains of the Old and New Republic but is mostly a military order at this point with only some democratic elements.

It's funny cause it's like in the end of the old Star Wars canon, The Republic is done and the Galaxy is united under a much less democratic order called "The Galactic Federation Triumvirate" whose leading figures are an autocrat, a monk and a military dictator.

Then of course you have the One Sith, who after their defeat continue to work in the shadows as they always have.
>>
>>64232583

Didn't the author throw a bitch fit that anyone who was rating his books down on Amazon was a homophobe?
>>
They're bullshit. They're something a little kid comes up with when he plays Star Wars and doesn't want anybody to beat him.
>>
File: Aftermath-Cover.png (904 KB, 619x945) Image search: [Google]
Aftermath-Cover.png
904 KB, 619x945
>>64232655
because books are sjw garbage. lost stars is supposedly better, but I haven't read that one.
>>
>>64232655

It was brigaded by neo-/tv/ /pol/ posters so I'm sure they're at least partially right.
>>
Are there any great stories with the Yuuzhan Vong?

The lore this, the lore that. But it is a great story? I read relevant comics, they are very bland.
>>
>>64226691
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read and now I'm glad i only read the first one.
>>
>>64219093
>So why does everyone hate the Yuuzhan Vong, again?
Because of this.
>>64231716

The New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Forces book series were so impossible for Disney to reconcile with that it made them scrap the EU wholesale. Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Baron Fel, Kir Kanos, they're all fucking gone because of NJO.

Disney's replacement, 'Road to the Force Awakens' is basically meant to shove as much of the 'old' SW universe aside as possible so Disney can get as many Marvel-tier 'anthology' films out of it as possible.
>>
>>64232617
>there are 4 powers
>lists 3

/tv/ logic
>>
>>64229348
>official map is autistic

How butthurt are you? Can't deal with getting wrecked?
>>
we here on /tv/ don't like things that weren't created by the walt disney company
>>
>>64233090
>This is the dumbest shit I've ever read

Well it's not actually what happened. See >>64229477

The Vong had conquered most if not all of their native galaxy, and were pushed by their leaders to attack the main SW galaxy as part of a religious holy way in order to prevent the competing noble houses from fighting one another. They're loss of the Force was due to their deep connection with their home planet, which when it abandoned them, stripped them of their ability to tap into the Force.

When the Vong encounter the Jedi, many of them are confused over them because some started associating the Jedi with their gods since their use of the Force seemed similar to the powers their gods supposedly have.

>>64233169

Blaming the Yuuzhan Vong for Disney scrapping the EU seems more like an opinion than a fact. If that were the case, why did Disney scrap the whole entire EU, including the pre-TPM and TPM-AOTC materials? Why scrap Shadows of the Empire or all the stuff between ANH and ESB?

If Disney simply wanted room to make a post-ROTJ film, they could have just scrapped the post-ROTJ canon or just scrapped the NJO and Legacy era. They didn't need to toss everything, especially not stuff like KOTOR and the Old Republic which were fan favorites.

The only reason they got rid of the old EU, I think was because they just wanted to make their own new EU entirely and make money off that. I don't think it had anything special to do with the Yuuzhan Vong. Disney probably didn't even pay any of that any much attention before making their decision. They were probably just too lazy to go through the whole Holocron and just said "Eh, whatever, let's just toss all this shit out and get started on that movie. We're not gonna follow the old timeline that much anyway."
>>
>>64233403

Galactic Alliance
The Fel Empire
The Jedi Order
The One Sith

that's four
>>
>>64231716

After Sheev died a bunch of planets joined Rebellion. They fought for two more years. Then a really big battle of Jakku happened. Empire lost but both sides had horrendous loses. After month of a silent ceasefire they decided to talk with each other. They finally signed a treaty. Imperial officers mad at the treaty banded together and jumped into Unknown Regions becoming First Order.

It makes sense.

I'll take this over emperor clones and Vongs.
>>
>>64219093
>>Force-immune, mixes things up a bit

this is why i hate them to begin with

>>64219670
>The nature of the Force is never explained to the extent that it applies to the entire universe...

did you even watch empire? what Yoda says about the Force means it applies to everything that exists ever

also, star wars is a dualist universe where the Force is the transcendental element/deus ex machina, it's just fucking stupid to have someone immune

>>64226691
this is why EU is cancer and good riddance it's gone

>>64226854
>>64229564
>you have no face when ep 8 will have kylo ren talk to ancient sith spirits like Revan on Korriban
>>
File: 1449137662585.jpg (29 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
1449137662585.jpg
29 KB, 320x299
>>64233681

>there are people who don't like Sheev sheeving his way back to life
>>
>force immune
>>>/trash/

Anything that makes the force less than the most universal abstract spiritual energy is garbage. Why would the force not reside in a certain race or outside the galaxy?
>>
>>64233681
Oh this is much more interesting and far less boring than all the old stuff. It's clearly not a paper-thin excuse to push the Rebels/Empire out of the way ASAP so that they can be replaced with shiny new Disney versions. Thanks for opening my eyes.
>>
>>64233681
>After Sheev died a bunch of planets joined Rebellion. They fought for two more years. Then a really big battle of Jakku happened. Empire lost but both sides had horrendous loses. After month of a silent ceasefire they decided to talk with each other. They finally signed a treaty. Imperial officers mad at the treaty banded together and jumped into Unknown Regions becoming First Order.
It says a lot that the entirety of the
THIRTY
H
I
R
T
Y

YEARS
E
A
R
S
between ROTJ and TFA is so bland that it can be described in half a paragraph. Do you honestly think that's a good thing.
>>
File: Meetra.jpg (15 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
Meetra.jpg
15 KB, 200x283
>>64234058
>Why would the force not reside in a certain race or outside the galaxy?

The Vong aren't outside the Force, they have the ability to be Force sensitive and used to have this power, but they were stripped of it by the Force itself.

A similar thing happened with the Exile in KOTOR 2, whose pain and trauma at Malachor V caused her to become a void in the Force for a period of time before reconnecting with it.

The Vong's lack of force sensitivity is explained in such a way. Their planet was a conscious being that was itself force sensitive and the Vong shared a deep psychic connection with their homeworld. As long they had this connection, they were force sensitive, and presumably the Force sensitive Vong of the ancient past may have been combined with their legends of their gods. When their home planet abandoned them because of their warlike ways and out of grief for having given them the bio-weapons they needed to fight their droid oppressors, it severed their connection with the Force, making the entire race like an emptiness in The Force. The one exception was Onimi, whose unique force sensitivity is not quite explained, but used the power to become puppet master of the Vong despite being of low birth.
>>
>>64224836
To play Devil's Advocate, it could be say a super complex map for where all the planets are at any given point in time relative to your current day of the year on your planet.

The map could just be like an app, and change day to day automatically based off the computer's clock.
>>
>>64224836
You're aware that star systems don't just float around the galaxy aimlessly, right?

Because that's what the map is of. Stars, not planets.
>>
>>64227190
>that's less than a parsec from here
So adjacent systems, as a parsec is a little over 3 light years.
>>
>>64234410
I mean apart from the rise and the fall of a new jedi order sure inbetween ROTJ and TFA is bland...
>>
>>64227190

Geonosis is an Outer Rim world. The CIS set up their droid factories there because it's outside Republic space.
>>
>>64227456
How the fuck did they end up on Tatooine when they were on their way to Coruscant? The navicomputer must have been drunk as fuck.
>>
>>64234315
>>64234410

EU version is fucking worse. Retarded Sheev clones, Eclipse, Luuke, Sun Crusher and a ton of other dumb shit.
>>
>>64219093
i united the jedi and the sith temporarily its a refreshingly different concept but the way that the vong supreme leader was defeated was flat out retarded
>>
>>64235001
>implying Dark Empire and the sun crusher bullshit are enough to undermine everything good in the Rogue Squadron books and games, Thrawn Trilogy (and Hand of Thrawn duology), Jedi Knight/Academy, and Old Republic series
Just stop. You're embarrassing.

Even then, those things still aren't 'worse'. I'd rather take dumb bullshit than the thoughtless, heartless nothingness that is Disney's EU.
>>
File: gdgdg.jpg (11 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
gdgdg.jpg
11 KB, 237x213
>>64222305
>He read a Star Wars book
>And then he even insulted someone for not reading one
>>
File: yammosk02.jpg (53 KB, 556x888) Image search: [Google]
yammosk02.jpg
53 KB, 556x888
>>64220449
The reason why they were such a threat to everyone and anything was b/c they pulled out random shit out of their arsenal asshole
>gravity manipulating sea urchins that deflect lasers and pull out moons from orbit
>telepathic squid
>human skin suits for disguise
>terraforming biotech
>tentacles
>hordes of retarded reptillian slaves
>force cloaked
>giant 10 ft tall supreme leader big boss with a Force empowered Yuuzhan Vong court jester running everything.
Also, wasn't it implied that there were a lot of Vong? They could have won several individual conflicts through simply outnumbering their opponents
>>
40K ripped off basically everything from other sources of fiction, but Yuuzhan Vong were even more uncreative, they're basically Dark Eldar and Tyranids combined together.

Just dreadfully shitty and boring.
>>
>>64235582
Wow.

I never read NJO but man, that 'mary sue species' comment seemed pretty damn accurate because that is all stupid bullshit.
>>
>>64229421
>no appearance in TFA
kek
>>
>>64228868
>The only people who were saying this were some of the Imperials who were themselves very biased.

No, I'm saying it as a fucking person in the real world with a goddamn brain.

It's obvious that a Deathstar or Sun Crusher or even just the Imperial fleet would have utterly destroyed the Vong.

I understand the appeal of the NJO. I understand the thought process that brought it about.

However I think it was misguided.

If they were going to do it they should have set it long after the film era, after all those characters had died, ideally with the galaxy united and at peace for the last decades of their life.
>>
File: HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAAAACK.jpg (1 MB, 1446x931) Image search: [Google]
HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAAAACK.jpg
1 MB, 1446x931
The New Jedi Order series is the Star Wars equivalent of Independence Day.
>>
>>64235582
Not to mention that for some reason all their bio tech was just way stronger than anything the galaxy had.

Makes no sense to me. If biological systems were that powerful we'd see that kind of thing already in real life or elsewhere in the Star Wars EU. There's a fucking reason we never see trees evolve into rocket ships.

Don't get me wrong; biological systems are hardy and very prolific. Impossible to really contain or control even, but only on the micro scale, really. The bigger and more complex it is the more fragile life often becomes.
>>
>>64235865
No, Independence Day is actually good. The NJO was bad.

Like I said, it wasn't necessarily the story itself that was bad; but it was in the wrong series or at least happened at the wrong time in that series. It totally ruined the context of the original films.

That's why I hate it.
>>
>>64219093
I remember it being kind of interesting to read about the unorthodox tactics the remnant/republic had to use to beat them, and one particularly decent sequence where a star destroyer actually gets in some orbital bombardment action.

The force immune/super special can't be destroyed crab armour etc really put me off though, seemed like some retarded fan wank nonsense.

Also killing chewie with a moon.
>>
>>64235971
Agreed. If the Yuuzhan Vong had to exist (which they didn't) they should have been the antagonists in whatever that comic series with Luke Skywalker's great-grandson was called.
>>
File: 1380258286009.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1380258286009.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
Top 3 SW EU (legends)

1. Thrawn Trilogy

2. Outbound Flight

3. New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong)
>>
File: TenelKa.png (1 MB, 664x900) Image search: [Google]
TenelKa.png
1 MB, 664x900
>>64236072
Cade, I believe.

Yes, about that time is when it would have felt more appropriate.
>>
File: tenel_lost_ones.jpg (63 KB, 397x500) Image search: [Google]
tenel_lost_ones.jpg
63 KB, 397x500
>>64236181
I liked the Young Jedi Knights series... and especially the second series in that series; the Diversity Alliance.

>basically a lot of aliens get together and accuse the Republic of being human-only racists and try to unleash a plague on the galaxy.
>>
>>64227456
>>64227475
>>64227636

Everything that states Korriban is not canon
>>
File: XWRogueSquadron.jpg (413 KB, 910x1500) Image search: [Google]
XWRogueSquadron.jpg
413 KB, 910x1500
>>64236181
>3. New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong)
Nigger.
>>
>>64235831
>It's obvious that a Deathstar or Sun Crusher or even just the Imperial fleet would have utterly destroyed the Vong.

Like they destroyed the rebel alliance?

>>64235937
>Makes no sense to me. If biological systems were that powerful we'd see that kind of thing already in real life or elsewhere in the Star Wars EU.

Their planet was a conscious life form and created the bio-weapons so its inhabitants could protect themselves effectively against the droids. Their biotech has evolved specifically in order to combat the kind of technology people in the main galaxy rely on.

>>64235971
>It totally ruined the context of the original films.

Except it didn't. There's no proof the Empire would have been able to stop the Yuuzhan Vong. They were only defeated because of Jacen's deus ex, which vindicated the defeat of the Empire. Maybe Thrawn might have been able to beat them because he was not a Sith, but there's no way Sheev would have been able to stop the Vong and he wasn't intent on preparing the galaxy for the Vong because he had any altruistic motivations, but rather because he didn't want extra-galactic beings threatening his power to oppress others. Knowing Sheev, he would have probably done what Darth Maladi did and eventually combined Sith alchemy with Yuuzhan Vong biotech.
>>
>>64236395
Vong series was good, deal with it.
>>
>>64219093
>according to the same source that confirmed the plot of TFA, this is literally plot of the new trilogy
>before Clone Wars was axed, it was supposed to have a Yuuzhan Vong scout ship episode
haters B-T-F-O
>>
>>64236560
>thread has multiple posts explaining in detail why the NJO series is shit
>NU UH it's actually good I won't say why tho :^D deal w/ it xd
>>
>>64233691
>what Yoda says about the Force means it applies to everything that exists ever
As far as Yoda knows. The dude isn't all-knowing and all-powerful.

>it's just fucking stupid to have someone immune

Is that why Toydarians and Hutts are immune to Jedi mind tricks?
>>
>>64236627
>>thread has multiple posts explaining in detail why the NJO series is shit

most of which are just whining by people who barely even read it, if they read it at all, or who are completely misinterpreting the story.
>>
>>64219093
>So why does everyone hate the Yuuzhan Vong, again?
I don't understand this too, desu. Sure beats the perpetual Jedi being destroyed and reformed so they can destroy Sith who were also reformed for the 185246th time
>>
What I do like about the new EU is they could actually acknowledge it in the series or the movies. We were never given that from LucasFilms
>>
>>64236680

How many Jedi wipes were there in the EU? I only recall KotOR 2 and the events of that game weren't even much canon even back then when the EU was still in place
>>
>>64236627
Multiple posts without any arguments by people who did not bother reading it and go by wiki articles...

Plz, you know nothing.
>>
>>64236768
Luke's New Jedi Order was destroyed and reformed like 3 or 4 times
>>
>>64236181
>>64236560
>>64236776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>64236776
The Yuuzhan Vong were an uninteresting, flat, overpowered Warhammer 40k knockoff and an insult to Star Wars as a whole.
>>
File: Trips.png (122 KB, 1000x835) Image search: [Google]
Trips.png
122 KB, 1000x835
>>64236856
Fuck off
>>
TAE THAT TO SANSKRITSQUAD
>>
File: 1405314035291.png (167 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1405314035291.png
167 KB, 709x636
>>64236922
>sincerely posting a /v/ tripfag comic as argument
MUH GAYMES! MUH VIDYA!!!!! XD!!!! Just go.
>>
>>64236806

So even in the EU he was a shit teacher.
>>
>>64236603
>>according to the same source that confirmed the plot of TFA, this is literally plot of the new trilogy
What?
>before Clone Wars was axed, it was supposed to have a Yuuzhan Vong scout ship episode
Going to need a fucking source.
>>
>>64219093

The problem with the NJO was the same problem that the old EU had in general, consistency. The old EU was a terribly bloated, inconsistent, sometimes contradictory mess because there were too many authors each with their own vision of these shared characters and the quality level of these authors was all over the place.

Some old EU books are amazing and even the most anti-EU jaded asshole here would love them and would want a film adaptation. Some old EU books are so terrible that even the most devout old EU fans are quick to distance themselves from them and love to pretend that they don't exist. It's such a mixed bag that you could have two people that have read every piece of the old Legends EU come to completely different conclusions about if it's any good or not.

The NJO had all of these same issues, the great authors used the Vong in interesting fun ways and made their books really engaging and painted a wonderfully dark and thrilling conflict. The shit authors bumbled along making stupid decisions that later authors good and bad had to follow up on. When you're using shared characters and a shared universe you have to work with what the other creators have created even if it's dumb as hell. I wish Lucas had the vision to establish a canon storygroup for the expanded universe content like Disney did to keep things sane.
>>
>>64236958
YOU O US FIFTH-TEE FOULZAND
>>
>>64237008
http://screencrush.com/star-wars-clone-wars-unused-art-yuuzhan-vong-boba-fett/
>>
File: 1383573744373.gif (901 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
1383573744373.gif
901 KB, 500x228
>>64222942
>starkiler base can snipe things on literally the opposite side of the galaxy
>>
>>64237113
Damn. They'd probably have declared TCW non-canon if that had happened.
>>
>>64237023

The timeline of the old EU is not that hard to figure out, especially if you picked up an official guide from Lucasfilm

And I'll take the diversity and complexity bordering on ambiguity of the old EU over the straight-forward blandness, much of which will include watered down versions of old EU shit and retreads of its plots with character names changed, the new story group for the DU promises.

"Hey we're going to wipe Han and Leia's son who went to the darkside from canon so we can make a story about Han and Leia's son who turned the darkside, but without any of the depth and we'll just make him a permavirgin /r9k/ poster with no sense of honor."
>>
>>64226332
THIS
>faggots have massive anal hemorrhage because the plot doesn't move forward
>how about we introduce something completely new - like outer space invasive race
>FUUUUCK YOU MUH FORCE MUH ETERNAL JEDI VS SITH CONFLICT WHERE US MUH DEATH STAR
>>
>>64220310
Holy shit Reddit

Why do we allow this /tv/? Why?
>>
>>64220449

>Bullshit
>Pulled that from my ass
>hope no one actually knows something
>Look i'm smart!
>I really hope no one who read a single book refutes this at all

Wow anon, it's like you just found out what this new Star Wars thing was yesterday. Maybe you should read a book or watch a movie first then come back here and still shut the fucking fuck up because jesus you know shit about this series.
>>
>>64221106
>>64221629
Hi samefag, nice self congratulating there.
>>
>friendly reminder that the plot of Star Wars has LITERALLY nowhere to go
>they can't rehash old stuff forever
>Disney hesitates with canonization of Old Republic stuff
Sorry lads, they will do it.
>>
>>64223671
Except that it does.
>>
>>64226845
>I did not personally like it therefore I call it shitty writing.
>making one note characters into a real dynamic human being with thoughts and motivations is wrong!

Wow anon, must be nice to be the judge of all literature on Earth. How did you get into that position?
>>
>>64227475
Lucas and J.J don't.
The original clone army was 1 million men strong. For the whole galaxy. One million.
And in Star Trek there's a supernova that could destroy the galaxy. Yeah, the galaxy.
>>
File: charlie_murphy3.jpg (85 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
charlie_murphy3.jpg
85 KB, 399x600
>>64236856
That's cute considering I was one of the guys who wrote the text for it..
>>
File: enough.jpg (30 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
30 KB, 316x202
>>64237127
>it takes 2 minutes for the slow ass laser to travel trought the galaxy
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137 KB, 717x880
>>64227800
>>
>>64229477
>>64233581
Holy Shit THIS
>>
>>64235691
>It's new and different therefore I hate it!
>Because I don't like it Imma call them Mary Sue
>Everything I do not care for is a Mary Sue
>>
>>64235315
These are people who will eat up any old shit that gets spit out as long as it's safe and not "corny nerd shit"
>>
>>64223150

Mandalore was in Clone Wars. Lucas approved.
>>
>>64231285

Geonosis wasn't conscripted to the Separatists at that time.
>>
>>64223150
God damn it anon

New Rakata has nothing to do with the old canon one except the name

Why are you looking for logic and connection between two types of lore that are not linked at all
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x1136
>>64223150
Rakata being there doesn't make KOTOR canon.
>>
>>64239220

Legends: 1

NuEU: zip
>>
>>64238736
>It's new and different therefore I hate it!
The YV aren't new. They're cheap chinese knockoffs of more interesting races from entirely different series.
>>
>>64236440
Pulling weapons more powerful than anything anyone else had out of their ass is still pulling weapons more powerful than anything anyone else had out of their ass, even if you specify what exactly their ass looks like.
>>
File: GChart1.jpg (1 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
GChart1.jpg
1 MB, 4000x4000
>>64227475
Hurrrrrr.
>>
>>64228868
>Even if the Empire in the OT could have held back some of the invasion,

Empire in the OT would have effortlessly wiped the floor with the Vong. Death Stats are merely a topping on the cake looking like 25+ thousands of Star Destroyers and numerous capital ships on duty.

Even the Old Republic circa RotS would have BTFOed Vongs with little effort.

Vongs only got a chance in the time period when the Galaxy's military strength had degraded to the point that a single Star Destroyer was considered to be a major fleet asset, and the number of actual capital ships available for the anti-Vong effort could be counted on fingers of one hand.
>>
>>64229477
>sentient planet that answers prayers

The fuck? Are they descendants of The Second Foundation on Earth or some stupid shit?
>>
>>64219553

What does "force immune" even mean? Like they're resistant to telepathy / mindtricks? Or like if you force lightning / lightsaber / TK-throw them it literally doesn't hurt them?

Because I could sort of understand the former but the latter is on-its-face retarded

>>64219670

If the force only applies in its galaxy then it's lame boring shit, so it shouldn't
>>
>>64224157
>But we don't have the force in our galaxy and it doesn't apply or work here

how do you know? Maybe we just haven't worked out how to use it yet.
>>
>>64239973
Nothing with the Lightsaber has to do with the force, other than just creating it, so that doesn't count. "Immune to force" is shown with Jabba and Watto, where mind tricks and the like don't work on them or their species.
>>
>>64228868
>>64239723
It's been awhile since I read the novels, but wasn't there something about:

a) Palpatine taking over the Galaxy in order to prepare it for the Vong invasion

2) the Ving themselves shitting their pants in fear of the Empire and being extremely relieved that it had fallen by the time their main ships had arrived

Also, some argue that the Empire had millions of Star Destroyers
>>
File: empireendshot-1.jpg (271 KB, 1440x800) Image search: [Google]
empireendshot-1.jpg
271 KB, 1440x800
>Hey Leia, did you know that the galaxy over there, that's closest to ours, is currently being wiped clean of life and resources by a massive swarm of insectoid zombie goths that torture themselves for fun as they travel in giant chunks of coral which are superior to the advanced starships in our galaxy? And that they wear armor that's totally immune to blasters and lightsabers, and the Force, despite being the sole thing binding all life in the universe together, has no effect on them? And that they're being led by a Big Guy who's actually a puppet for his court jester? And that they turned one of our planets into a giant intelligent creature that can travel at lightspeed centuries ago? Anyways, they'll arrive shortly after our victory over the Empire and decimate 400 trillion people in our galaxy, causing irreversible damage to thousands of worlds and committing complete genocide on hundreds of sapient races, making us look like ineffectual idealist jerks and making Palpatine look like some sort of justified antihero whose malice and militarism were actually meant to drive these things out of the galaxy.
>And they were good friends.
>>
>>64240156
sheev should be behind this to but be controlling from sides for some other race to take over.
>>
>>64239768

They're planet was itself an actual intelligent being.

The Yuuzhan Vong were a relatively peaceful and primitive force sensitive species who were stuck in the middle of a war between the Great Heep's junk droid race and those star droids from the Lando books who were fighting cause one was symmetrical and the others weren't. Their home planet gave them the bio-weapons they would need which were perfectly suited to beat back both races, but the war with the droids transformed their culture in the process. They became more militaristic, more warrior like because they needed to in order to fight the droids. When they won against the droids and drove them out of the galaxy, they decided they needed to cleanse their entire galaxy of impurity in order to prevent anything like that from happening again. Their murderous rampage pretty much eliminated or enslaved most if not all of the races from their galaxy. Their home planet then disowned them, alienating them from the Force because it couldn't stand what they had become.

>>64239973

>Like they're resistant to telepathy / mindtricks? Or like if you force lightning / lightsaber / TK-throw them it literally doesn't hurt them?

The former.

>>64240140

>a) Palpatine taking over the Galaxy in order to prepare it for the Vong invasion

Palpatine became aware of the Yuuzhan Vong some time after he had become an apprentice to Darth Plagueis. He was already set on conquering the galaxy and destroying the Jedi.

>2) the Ving themselves shitting their pants in fear of the Empire and being extremely relieved that it had fallen by the time their main ships had arrived

The fall of the Empire hastened their invasion, which they would have held off until they had successfully infiltrated the Empire and weakened it from within. People forget that the Yuuzhan Vong were injecting themselves throughout the galaxy for awhile. There might have even been a few Imperial officers who were Vong in disguise.
>>
>>64240156
The whole Yuuzhan Vong plot was stupider than anything Lucas ever did.
>>
>>64219093
Because it doesn't match the tone of the star wars universe. As a fan of 40k, when I began reading the vong series, I double checked the cover to make sure I wasn't reading a black library book.
The vong are too grimdark and to over the top for the star wars universe. Disney was right to get rid of them.
>>
>>64240156
Haaaa. This is good.
>>
>>64240501
>Their home planet then disowned them, alienating them from the Force because it couldn't stand what they had become.
Anyone who says that anything other than this is the dumbest shit in the old EU needs their fucking head checked.

Also are you seriously telling me that the Great Heep- the bad guy from the fucking Droids kid cartoon from the 80s- is the reason the Yuuzhan Vong exist? What the fuck bro
>>
I just want Mara

pls god I just want Mara Jade to be Canon
>>
File: vdroidsheepuk1985front.jpg (71 KB, 326x550) Image search: [Google]
vdroidsheepuk1985front.jpg
71 KB, 326x550
>>64240629
forgot my pic.
>>
>>64240638
I hate to say it but the odds are that X-wing pilot woman in Rogue One is going to be Rey's mom.
>>
So after reading this thread, are the vong are just humaniod tyranids?
>>
>>64240722

humanoid tyranides on steroids
>>
>completely new ultra powerful villains that appear out of nowhere and were never implied to ever exist in any other star wars film

just no
>>
>>64240814
How is it even possible to be the nids of steroids? They've devoured multiple galaxies, and are for all intents in purposes infinite in number? How do the vong surpass that?
>>
>>64240953

They are immune to "normal" weapons
>>
File: Yuuzhan-vong-eu2_bg.jpg (18 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
Yuuzhan-vong-eu2_bg.jpg
18 KB, 200x283
>>64240156
>a massive swarm of insectoid zombie goths that torture themselves for fun

They do it as a sacrifice to their gods who they believed sacrificed themselves to create the universe (similar to the legend of Purunga in Hindu lore)

>and the Force, despite being the sole thing binding all life in the universe together, has no effect on them

The only thing Jedi can't do is sense them through the force. Meaning they can't read their minds, mind trick them or detect them as easily in a crowd. That is until the Jedi develop the "Vongsense" where they are able to focus on the void or silence that the Vong's presence creates in the Force in order to pinpoint where they are. All the offensive Force techniques work on them just like any other living creature, which is why many of Luke's students started to embrace more of the Dark Side

Again, KOTOR 2 explored the same shit and one thing everybody praise about that game is its treatment of the Force.

>And that they turned one of our planets into a giant intelligent creature that can travel at lightspeed centuries ago?

Not what happened. Zonama Sekot is the "offspring" of their home planet. Their home planet was a living creature capable of reproducing itself. One of its children settled in the SW galaxy and the Yuuzhan Vong were unaware for Zonama Sekot's connection to their home world until the very end. At the end, the Vong settle on Sekot and it's hoped that one day they will fully mend their rift with the Force

>and making Palpatine look like some sort of justified antihero whose malice and militarism were actually meant to drive these things out of the galaxy.

Palpatine's malice and militarism were meant for himself. He didn't give a fuck about people. He only cared about getting power and keeping it. He was continuing the same plan that Darth Plagueis and Darth Tenebrous had started in order for the Sith to get their revenge on the Jedi. It didn't have shit to do with the Vong until later.
>>
File: Supreme_Overlord.jpg (598 KB, 1800x1148) Image search: [Google]
Supreme_Overlord.jpg
598 KB, 1800x1148
The final battle was 10/10, pic related

Shimmra vs. Luke and the Slayers vs. Jasen/Jaina iirc

>mfw haters will never experience how awesome it was
>>
>>64241048
sounds like generic demons to me.
>>
>>64237113
The source they cite has nothing to do with vong. http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-the-clone-wars-tons-of-info-and-images-from-the-unfinished-episodes

The sketch they show was a discarded comparison sketch. http://www.starwars.com/news/swca-the-untold-clone-wars-panel-liveblog

Face vongboy, your EU goth bullshit sucks.
>>
>>64219670
The force flows through all life. Ergo force immune life is an artificial stupidity like kryptonite for Superman.

See also Mandalorians and saber-resistant armor.
>>
>>64219093
Oh please, like 50% of the eu wasn't not-death-star and 'le space nazis' over and over again.
>>
>>64240629
Yeah, the heep and the throwaway droid buddy of Lando's
>>
>>64240629
>Also are you seriously telling me that the Great Heep- the bad guy from the fucking Droids kid cartoon from the 80s- is the reason the Yuuzhan Vong exist? What the fuck bro

Not the Great Heep per se, but the Great Heep's race.

It was confirmed that the two droid species who fought each other and created the Vong's fear and hatred of Droids were the Great Heep's race and those star shaped robots in the Lando books.

The star shaped guys didn't like the junk droids because their lack of symmetry and clean precision offended them and so they started fighting.

>>64240831

The Yuuzhan Vong were referenced in KOTOR.

Talk to Canderous
>>
>>64241218
Well, they have that whole spikes and skulls and flayed skin aesthetic
>>
>>64241237
>The force flows through all life. Ergo force immune life is an artificial stupidity like kryptonite for Superman.

The Vong aren't force immune, they're just on the same level as droids as far as force sensitivity goes, which makes their hatred of droids funny cause as far as the Force is concerned, they're no more living than the droids they hated.
>>
I do like all the
> you didn't read all the books!

I got halfway through, realised the whole thing was dipshit escalation for escalation's sake and thematically broken so I stopped. Deal with it faggots.
>>
>>64241075
> KOTOR 2 explored the same shit and one thing everybody praise about that game is its treatment of the Force.

By that line of reasoning twilight is a good as dracula. Get fucked, because someone gave a better treatment than your vong bullshit.
>>
>>64241075
Three paragraphs of nobody cares because the whole concept is fucking retarded.
>>
File: Slayers.jpg (371 KB, 963x1200) Image search: [Google]
Slayers.jpg
371 KB, 963x1200
Thrawn, Pellaeon and the Vong are few of the good things form the old EU.

You might not like the Vong, but it was something original and a zillion times better than shit like Yaddle.
>>
>>64241225
Except it was literally confirmed by Clone Wars writers on Comic Con the year after CW was cancelled. They planned to go all out and canonize as much EU stuff as possible.
>>
File: 4055_3_large.jpg (40 KB, 550x324) Image search: [Google]
4055_3_large.jpg
40 KB, 550x324
Edgier, spikier versions of these guys. And they already sucked in their own shitty shitty movie.

They don't need to appear in anyone else's setting. Especially not after their stopoff at a Hot Topic for more spikes and studs.
>>
>>64241075
>They do it as a sacrifice to their gods who they believed sacrificed themselves to create the universe (similar to the legend of Purunga in Hindu lore)

So they don't even have fun in the process committing pointless atrocities? As if that makes the setup any better.

>The only thing Jedi can't do is sense them through the force.

Which should not be possible, period.

>Again, KOTOR 2 explored the same shit and one thing everybody praise about that game is its treatment of the Force.

Only edgy babbies with shit taste praise KotOR 2. Particularly for its treatment of the Force. By drawing this comparion you're only substantiating the claim that Vongs have no place in SWverse.

>Not what happened. Zonama Sekot is the "offspring" of their home planet. Their home planet was a living creature capable of reproducing itself. One of its children settled in the SW galaxy and the Yuuzhan Vong were unaware for Zonama Sekot's connection to their home world until the very end. At the end, the Vong settle on Sekot and it's hoped that one day they will fully mend their rift with the Force

Your attempts to explain stuff only makes it sound more and more retarded.

>Palpatine's malice and militarism were meant for himself.

Too bad that the writers made it appear as if it wasn't so!
>>
Boy I sure like new and exciting variations of Jedi vs. Sith conflict....it's not like the series has anywhere else to go...
>>
File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785 KB, 653x816) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785 KB, 653x816
>>64241917
yes do not ruin star wars with that sort of edgy bullshit
>>
>>64240156
>causing irreversible damage to thousands of worlds

Technically they did the opposite in many cases. Duro had been polluted beyond repair for millenia. The Vong terraforming process actually restored the Duros' homeplanet to its natural beauty which was thought for centuries to be impossible. And rather than destroying Coruscant, they terraformed it, turning it from a clusterfucked city planet into a garden.

In the books, some of the people in the Galaxy converted to the Vong's religion or felt inclined to side with the Vong if only because they thought Vong technology was a better alternative to conventional forms of technology, which played an important in SW: Legacy

>>64241717

Except all the arguments against the treatment of the Force in the NJO as far as the Vong are concerned can be levied against KOTOR 2. There is literally no difference in the treatment. Also, people forget Nomi Sunrider's ability to cut people off from the Force in Tales of Jedi, which she used against Ulic Qel Droma. The idea of becoming "dead" to the Force was something that had been explored before in the lore and fit perfectly with everything that was established about the Force even before the prequels. Most people's problems with the Vong have more to do with just how overpowered they were. Most complaints against how they were apparently dead to force are trivial and it's quite obvious nobody in this thread has any argument against the NJO and barely even
>>
I could bet you my testicles episode IX will end with some sort of reveal Snoke was trying to unite the galaxy and harness the dark side in order to stand a chance against "something from beyond". Cue Vong or Vong equivalent trilogy.
>>
>>64242074
The people making complaints in this thread do not and have never read any of the books or EU material in the first place. They are only complaining because they love to see themselves complain.

But bitching and moaning over something they never would have read in the first place is beyond stupid.
>>
>>64242171
This was already mentioned in TFA. The Starkiller was made because the First Order was building up an army because something was coming. Not because of the Resistance.
>>
There have been rumors about Disney picking stuff and adapting it to the new canon, Vong were among it. I do hope so.

People have problems with the shitty writing in the novels and shitty characters like the various offspring and sidekicks like Lowbacca... there is no legitimate reason why Vong should not be canon, they are different, interesting and unique. It would be nice to spice things up.

I do hope Disney changes their story somewhat.
>>
>>64219093
>talk about something that only appeared in books
>250 replies
Oh /tv/, you stupid whore.
>>
>>64242381
The only thing that disney could use about the vong without fucking it up is the whole "extragalactic threat" part. Everything else needs to be thrown out and/or scaled down, because the vong as they are belong in 40k, and anything that belongs in 40k doesn't belong in star wars.
>>
>>64242273
They literally don't say this.
>>
>>64241944
>So they don't even have fun in the process committing pointless atrocities? As if that makes the setup any better.

There are plenty of real world religions that practice forms of body mutilation and modification as a form of sacrifice to gods or believed their gods mutilated themselves to give birth to the universe. It's not something unusual in our world, why should it be unusual in the SW universe?

>Which should not be possible, period.

There is no reason it shouldn't be possible. Especially when droids already can't be sensed through the force.

>Only edgy babbies with shit taste praise KotOR 2

KOTOR 2 >>>>> KOTOR 1 famm

>Too bad that the writers made it appear as if it wasn't so!

They don't make it appear so. The only characters who said shit like "See, Palpatine was right" were the Imperials themselves and the Rebel characters shot them down like "You faggots couldn't even stop us." Heck, given the fact that it was established that the Vong were already spying on the galaxy for awhile, the Vong probably let the Rebellion destroy the Empire for them.
>>
>>64242381
>there is no legitimate reason why Vong should not be canon
but there is
>>64220310
>>64220449
>>
>>64242474
There is no legitimate reason to respond to a tripfag.
>>
>>64219093
Because literally remaking A New Hope with an overpowered and perfect qt girl protagonist is a much better than anything original.

My platonic female friends who saw all 6 movies for the first time last year in between big bang theory marathons told me so, and they also told me the prequels stunk XD
>>
>>64242462
Lets break it down

Positive
>extra-galactic threat
>warriors that can win against jedi 1v1 and are not Force users
>Force immunity (this has to be in)
>religious cult bent on wiping out everyone else

Negative
>bio space ships
>stupid acid based space weapons
>self-mutilation (kids movies remember)
>spiky armour
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.