[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like it? It was kinda boring imo desu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 12
File: the-revenant-fn01.jpg (123 KB, 850x477) Image search: [Google]
the-revenant-fn01.jpg
123 KB, 850x477
Did you like it?

It was kinda boring imo desu
>>
>>63996820
>boring

hello reddit
>>
>>63996820

A critic described it best:

>"An hour and a half of Leo grunting and groaning desperately"

Leo has jumped the shark, his desperateness for an Oscar is now as visible as his giant forehead, and this is a turn off for the people who award said trophies
>>
>>63996820
8, maybe 9/10. Would be 10/10 if they cut all the retarded mysticism. Man against nature, man against animals of which the most dangerous is another man, that's what makes the movie cool. But every now and then it goes all NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRITUALITY LMAO, which really undermines the whole theme.
>>
Terrible movie with nothing but grunts and moans, also the bear scene was one of the worst effects I've seen in a long time, in fact the entire scene was just awful.
>>
Alejandro González Iñárritu is a pretentious fraud, but it’s taken some time to understand the precise nature of his fraudulence. For a while, it seemed like much of the blame could be shifted to his former screenwriting partner, Guillermo Arriaga, with whom he made a triptych of everything-is-connected dramas that used violence as an organizing theme. Their collaboration, which started with the exhilarating Amores Perros, diminished into didactic shtick by the time they got through 21 Grams and Babel, but Arriaga went to the well a fourth time on his own with The Burning Plain, his laughable debut feature, so perhaps it was Iñárritu’s screenwriter who was holding him back. Then Iñárritu made Biutiful, a 150-minute pile-up of tragedy and transcendence that straightened out the chronology, but was no less oppressive and self-serious. It helped clarify why Iñárritu, for all his technical bravado, is such a terrible filmmaker: He’s incapable of modulation. He deals in intensity, in conflict, in grand poetic flourishes. He’s a goddamn artist!
>>
>>63996820
cityboi detected

imo there was never a dull moment in this movie
>>
>>63997065
this right here man.
The, "they'll never hear the words coming out of your mouth, only the color of your face :^(" line was fucking horrible as well.

It had potential to be truly fantastic, but I don't think people are going to remember this one in 5 years.
>>
>>63997200
youre awful you asshole
>>
>>63997538
k
>>
>have amazing story about survival
>shoehorn in shit about muh dead son and muh poor Injuns
>>
>>63996820

Dicaprio makes the entire thing unwatchable imo
>>
>>63996820
I loved it.
The long takes felt far more organic compared to Birdman.
My only problem was the floating ghost wife and that they removed the scene where he makes maggots eat his rotting flesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 190x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 190x318
>>63996820
Does this guy appear?
>>
Tom Hardy phenomenal as always. The guy is a hack
>>
>>63996820
Was it rape?
>>
>>63997522
>>63997065
/thread, pack it up
>>
native americans dindu nuffin
>>
8/10 movie and one of this year's best. Like other fags have pointed out, the indians subplots were a little weak and the dream sequences with his wife just didn't fit in at all. Opening sequence was fucking intense, bear attack was pretty gruesome and had me cringing at some points, and final stand off though extremely short was really fucking satisfying and pleasant. The acting as has also been said already was mediocre from Leo but exceptional from Hardy who is easily the most interesting and endearing character who isn't a one dimensional villain either.
>>
>>63997522
>only the color of your face :^(" line was fucking horrible as well.

unfortunately this is literally what race relations at the time were like.

plus all the trappers were being chased by Indians who to them looked like Leo's kid, so their prejudice was being inflamed by their current circumstances in a realistic way.

I get that some on /tv/ are triggered by any allusions to identity politics but this was pretty well-justified by the writing IMHO.
>>
>>63998872
It's not about race relations, the line itself sounds weird. Maybe it's something about natives' language I don't get, but in english it sounds like something you'd hear at a feminist slam poetry contest, not a conversation between two closely tied men in a stressful situation.
>>
>>63999030
There's literally nothing wrong with the line. He's telling his kid no one there cares what he says because he's native. It's simple and straightforward because he's arguing with a kid.
>>
It was good. Nature is a fucking bitch and the cold a whore.
>>
>>63999188
Nah, a simple and straightforward line would be "they ain't hearin' you cause you're red". "Words coming out of your mouth" and "the color of your skin" are either unnecessarily poetic, or too literal translation.
>>
>>63996820
Loved it. Grand, visceral and a true journey from start to finish with some of the most beautiful cinematography in a while.

Dicaprio was fucking horrendous and ill-fitted for the role though, and almost ruined the film. Tom Hardy gave him an acting lesson here.
>>
>>63999422
Thanks parrot but that is wrong. It was one of Leos best roles in a while since he didn't have to talk much.
>>
>>63999457
grunting and moaning is good acting in a different field
go back to reddit
>>
>>63999488
You are retarded and show it.
What did you want him to do talk with himself?
Would your big guy grunt better?
It was a really smart move to take that role. Almost as smart as when Arnold played the Terminator and only had a few lines of dialogue you shiting aids fag.
>>
>>63999375
Okay I see your point now. And seeing as they both know and speak english as well, it does seem like too literal a translation.
>>
File: instant snow.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
instant snow.webm
3 MB, 720x304
I liked it. Or at least the nature will kill you part.
No idea why they felt the need to add an indian son instead of just showing how hard it is to survive in the cold especially without gear.

And what the fuck is up with this shot?
>>
>>63999591
Except he sucks shit at it and has a horribly inexpressive face, miscast
>>
>>63999615
he didn't load the gun, or no properly
>>
>>63999596
>>63999375
/tv/ where people come together
>>
>>63999657
why was ginger full of now suddenly
>>
File: 1397144919569.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1397144919569.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>63999661
>>
You guys think Leo will finally get his pity Oscar next year?
>>
>>63999615

From what I read about the real Glass they just left him to die and he came back several years after for his revenge which he ended up forgiving both men. I guess in the movie they wanted to add both a sense of urgency and a bigger thirst for revenge.
>>
>>63996820
Way better than star wars and the ending fight scene was 10/10
>>
>>63996959
It wasn't though. Leo was doing shit the entire time rather getting fucked up by a bear, crawling out of a grave, looking for a way back or getting fucked up by indians. Shit did go down.
>>
>>63998569
Lol hardy has played shit roles, but he was pretty good in this. I could see him getting an oscar before Leo does.
>>
What was up with Hardy's accent? Sounded like he was trying to do something Cajun-like but he couldn't quite hold it and kept falling into this kinda Texan-drawl. Got distracting a few times.
>>
>>63999852
Sounded like southern to some other fucking shit. Like how does he come up with all these accents that are heavy and hard to place?
>>
>>63999739
doubt it. the whole "they see the color of your face thing" was just too much pandering.
>>
>>63999852
>>63999887

I thought the accent was good and it's slight ambiguity good too. After watching the Hateful 8 where some of the accents and dialgue is cliched and cartoony, it really puts into perspective how much better an actor Hardy is.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (101 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
101 KB, 600x803
>>63999887
>Like how does he come up with all these accents that are heavy and hard to place?
The man is just a genius.
>>
>>63999999
Sexts confirm /tv/'s Adonis

>>64000000
>>
>>63999807
name a movie where hardy was shit

ayy Hardy getting an oscar for this I think Leo will attack him right there
>>
>>63999999
Fug.
>>
>>63999999
sexts confirm Hardy is a hack
>>
>>63999999
That's a big get
>>
Adding a kid to the story was dumb and didn't happen in the historical account.
>>
>>64000129
Didn't add much to the movie either. Being left for dead in a cold forest out of petty spite is motivation enough
>>
>>63999999
He's a big guy
>>
>§ 506. Criminal offenses6

>(a) Criminal Infringement. —

>(1) In general. — Any person who willfully infringes a copyright shall be punished as provided under section 2319 of title 18, if the infringement was committed —

>(C) by the distribution of a work being prepared for commercial distribution, by making it available on a computer network accessible to members of the public, if such person knew or should have known that the work was intended for commercial distribution.

>(b) Civil Actions. — No civil action shall be maintained under the provisions of this title unless it is commenced within three years after the claim accrued.
>three years
you guys are cucked lol
>>
>>63997621
Why? I think you could have gotten a better actor, but why?
>>
>>63999741
He came back 2 months, took 3 months to heal and then searched for them. Since Fitz was 19 he forgave him and since the other guy enlisted in the army he forgave him too.
>>
>>64000062
Inception Lawless TDKR
>>
>>63999974
I hope hateful 8 gets shit on by critics its one of tarantinos worst films yet.
>>
Was the rape good?
>>
File: faf.png (1 MB, 1401x722) Image search: [Google]
faf.png
1 MB, 1401x722
What is this
>>
How did they do camera angles in knife scene. Am I only one who thought that was the best part of the film outside of the bear attack?
>>
>>63999852
He does a fucking accent for practically every movie he's ever been in and none of them are convincing.
>>
>>64000402
she seemed kind of indifferent about it
>>
>>64000443
Until she cut his dick off.
>>
>>63996820
It could have been an amazing 90 minute movie.
>>
>>64000547
You are an idiot please leave.
>>
>>64000571
Rude desu.
>>
It's a really great movie overall IMO.

Didn't care much for the hallucination/dream scenes but other than that it was good stuff.
>>
>>64000600
this
>>
>>63997242
Straight fucking up. Wish those words had come out of my mouth. I loved the fuck out of amores peros and always wondered what went wrong.... the answer is that his pseudo-artistry was indulged.
>>
>>64000547
could be said of a lot movies of late imo
>>
It was really good at showing how shit life was in those days.
>>
>>63996820
I really loved the movie. Do you guys think it will get Leo an oscar?
>>
>>64000776
Probably not, no.
I say he will get one in about 10 years for a mediocre one as atonement.
>>
>>64000776
imo the pandering to indians is too overdone. The whole "my son" and saving the rape doll had no part in the movie
>>
>>64000726
120min is the norm now. I quickly went through all the DVD Screeners I got and I don't see a single one that's below 120min. Feels kind of forced.
>>
>>64000835
she let him live at the end, or were you too stupid to notice
>>
the final battle though
why no just walk 5m back to the rifle
why
>>
>>64000879
Maybe it was empty
>>64000857
Because it's digital now and film prints were too expensive.
>>64000835
I thought the rape was fine because it happened a lot back in those days
>>64000866
The rape was ok but that part was retarded as dick
>>
>>64000879
What and then take a minute to reload?
>>
Did you guys like this or the hateful 8 more?
>>
>>64000985
Revenant
>>
>>64000958
the rifle was loaded, he shot with the pistol before I think. Besides the guy didn't seem to be in a hurry
>>
>>64001059
nah man, right before they tumbled down that snow bank leo fired his rifle.
>>
>>64000985
Hateful Eight was awful.
>>
>>64001115
You didn't like the forced dick sucking scene? Really though why didn't you like it?
>>
>>64000985
Neither. I quite liked Concussion though. Also watched the first 30min of Legend and thought it was pretty interesting, I'll finish it today.
>>
>>63999974
H8ful 8 was better senpai
>>
>>63998569
weird. critics say he's awful
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 720x720
>100+ million dollar budget
>extremely slow paced movie with minimal dialogue and pretentious overtones
>advertising entirely on the fact that the director got best director and film at the oscars and it has Leonardo DiCaprio
>competes with motherfucking Starwars and Hateful 8 of all movies during its run
>gets leaked before its wide release
I wonder what the face of the producers are right now.
Even if it had no competition its too niche for people to watch. There is no way it will even make as much money as the shit they spent to make it
>>
>>63997242
Dam son, you should become a film critic
>>
>>63999422
i dont get the hate /tv/ has for leo. i guess it's cool to say he's not a good actor when he is, in fact, a good actor. i agree that sometimes he overacts but overacting is not bad when done by someone who can do it well
>>
>>63996820
Abysmal. No sense of continuity in the editing of landscape shots. The most ludicrously extraneous score ever slapped onto a film. Far too much grunting. Horrible lens flares. Hyperactive camera movements contributing nothing. The photography makes nature look like Shutterstock.
>>
>>63999615
>No idea why they felt the need to add an indian son instead of just showing how hard it is to survive in the cold especially without gear.

to add emotional angst
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 512x287
>>64000985
Hateful 8 had
>better costumes
>non meme and flashy cinematography
>at no point was I ever bored
>good dialogue
>characters you actually care about
>characters that actually died when killed and don't recover from massive injuries
>to deal with limitations of only one small setting yet managed to make 3 hours breeze by
>no pretentiousness
>is a comedy so its already an underdog for the oscars
>is a movie that I will go back to several months from now
>will be remembered as a classic
I don't even like Kill bill and inglorious basterds but hateful 8 was great stuff.
>>
>>63996820
>Tree Niggers
And they said there was no comedy
>>
>>63996820
It was terrible

Imagine what a true auteur like Terrence Malick could have done with the subject matter
>>
File: 1448261660173.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448261660173.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>63999999
Big guy strikes again
>>
>>64003363
Even more pretentious shit with more voice overs.
Not to mention shitty fight scenes
>>
>watching screeners

For why
>>
File: revenant.jpg (66 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
66 KB, 400x533
>superior revenant coming through
>>
>>64003502
Not out till Jan.8
>>
>>63996820

I didn't find it boring, but it takes a lot of concentration to watch.

It was a 7.8-kinda movie. Somewhat similar to Valhalla Rising and any Malick vehicle.
>>
>>64003502

The screener version is pretty high quality.
>>
>Leo grunting for 2 hours
>Good
>>
>>64004265
except that's not the movie
did you "watch" using a TV for the blind
>>
>>64003481

There aren't any voice overs. You're an imbecile. The fight scenes are realistic. Go back to your superior Marvel movies you sperg.
>>
>>64002094
>at no point was I ever bored

>at no time in yours life were you not autistic
>>
>>64002041

The continuity was in the plot development. Did it violate your sense of static landscaping ethics? The score was okay. As for grunting, you're retarded and listen more than you think. Lens flares? Get a better monitor. Hyperactive camera movements? Check for autism.
>>
Turned it off about halfway through. Honestly boring fucking garbage.
A literal meme film, if you will.
>>
Yet another "White men are bad" movie.
This is similar to Avatar in that the main role is played by a white person who doesnt want to be white.
It seemed for a while that the end will be leo trying to kill all of them but no. The ending ruined the film, alongside Tom Hardy and the white guilt preaching.
>>
>>63996820
It was excellent.
>>
>>63999615

the son has to be Indian, otherwise Fitzgerald wouldn't kill him so easily and there wouldnt be an underlying tension from the start about one of the party being an indian

if fitzgerald just murders a white in cold blood then he is pretty much a sociopath from that point on, whereas he is shown to actually have a conscience
>>
>>64004692
You liked the ending? It was very unoriginal and uninteresting compared to the rest of the film. It stuck out, in a bad way.
I dont understand why they redid glass as someone who joined the indians...
Why was that necessary?
The movie was kind of in your face about bad and good.
The good being the "race mixer" and the bad being the guy who hates Indians.
The officer was the state trying to facilitate some sort of laws between the different factions.
Leo was the SJW who had as his life's mission to destroy the racist white and the indians of course were justly killing white devils who were portrayed as child stealing, raping honor-less raiders, compared to the noble and just indians.
>>
>>63999937
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>64004635
>Yet another "White men are bad" movie.

Is this accurate?
>>
>>64002094
I guess you just love seeing black dingus
>>
>>64001857
Financed by Dyke Ellison. She doesn't give a shit about making money from the movies. She does it for.. no idea, but making money back isn't an objective when she's involved.
>>
>>64005292

not remotely, the indians are all portrayed as blood thirsty savages, the only exception being the one with white blood
>>
>>64005474
This is not true at all.
>>
>>63999999
>sexts
>tom hardy sexting someone
Wew
>>
>>64005292
This is how it is. Leo's character married an indian and moved into an indian village.
White men came and killed them all except Leo and his half indian son. in that massacre by the white devils Leo kills the officer that killed his wife.
His is later asked if this killing was the reason he stays away from central white areas even though when the massacre in the Indian village happened he was already living there, with the Indians...

Anyway, the main antagonist is a white hill billy who was partially scalped by indians.
He hates them and thus hates leo and his half indian son (Leo is the party's guide on their trip to collect pelts).

They lose their pelts and most of their men to a raid by indiands who are not evil greedy indiands but are just trying to find their chief's daughter who was stolen by the white devils.

Leo gets mauled by bear and left with his son, the evil antagonist tom hardy, and another kid.
Tom hardy wants to kill Leo and join the rest but Leo's son wont let him so Tom kills him and then leaves with the other kid leaving Leo to die.

Leo after a long journey comes back and kills the evil Tom Hardy who is the epitome of evil at this stage.
The indians find their stolen daughter who was taken by the evil whites who have been trading with them all this time.
Yeah these white dummies stole the chief's daughter for some unexplained reason(its not shown or explained).
Leo finds this group by accident(yeah they all keep bumping into each other in this huge tundra) and helps the girls escape and cut the balls of the french guy who was raping her.

Eventually Tom hardy, after being wounded by a close combat fight with Leo is given by Leo to the indiands to sculp him a second and final time.

The movie is beautifully shot and has great looking scenes but my god is the plot retarded.
>>
>>64005474
You must be an idiot.
>>
>>64005292
Not really.

The whole point of the film is to show that they're all bad. The Pawnee are savage, the French colonialists are savage, the Americans are savage and the nature itself is savage.

In all groups there are the good and the bad, just like in reality. The one thing that is common among them all is their desire to survive.

It's all about survival. Man vs nature, man vs savage / primitives and man vs himself.
>>
>>64005641
The only positive honorable characters are the indiands and Leo who wants to be an indian, Lee's half indian son and the kid who stays to guard leo till he dies with hardy and leos son.
Even the white officer who helps leo at the end is a pragmatic racist who leaves leo to be guarded by the men who everyone knows hates leo.
We even get a dialogue with the indian chief saying how whites stole EVERYTHING from them. And we are indirectly told that whites are solely responsible for the extinction of the buffaloes or something(as if Indians didnt hunt the shit out of them anyway).
After finishing the movie I almost felt like going out and killing me a whitey.
>>
OK NOW ITS TIME FOR THE ULTIMATE BATTLE BETWEEN HISPANIC LONG TAKE DIRECTORS:

Alejandro González Iñárritu VS Alfonso Cuarón

Who is the better director?
>>
>>64005979
Cuaron for CoM
>>
>>64005662
>>64005603

being this mad that your agenda got sunk

almost everyone in the film is a savage, thats the whole point
>>
>>64005843
WTF?
Indiands are shown as just. Yes its a savage world but the indiands have a casius belli so to speak.
They kill cause the white men took everything from them and stole the chief's daughter.
During the dialogue between the french (who secretly had the chief's daughter) and the indiands the chief states that because of all the egregious crimes whites commited its ok for them indiands to take what they want from these frenchies.
Its a direct reference to contemporary notions of reparations and white privilage and guilt that extands through generations.
In this case that specific french group was game for stealing from because "whites took everything from us".
The chief specifically points to the fact that its not dihonourable to take the horses from these french despite that not being part of the agreement because of all the things whites did to Indians.

I dont know how the movie could have been any more obvious about this.
>>
>>64005979
Cuaron for Y Tu Mam Tambien or whatever
>>
>>64002094
>Hateful 8 had
>better costumes
Stop reading right there. You're retarded. Hatefull 8 had terrible costumes. Like they raided the wardrobe of some broadway play.
Everything was way too clean and cliché. Not even gonna go through the rest of your list because your either a troll or the biggest pleb on this board.
>>
>>64005979
This >>64005989 + Gravity.
>>
>>64002094
easily the weakest dialogues in Tarantino's repertoire, that is unless you loved that big black dick sucking story(which you probably did you cuck).
I swear Tarantino's two biggest fetishes are feet and black cocks.
>>
Didn't care about dead pawnee wife

Didn't really care about Leo actually getting his revent

Didn't even really care about Leo

His son was the emotional core, and I actually liked whoever portrayed him. Too bad he dies 40 minutes in.
>>
>>64004893
It felt like a very bleak ending, on one hand, as Fitz said, "Enjoy your revenge, it ain't bringing your boy back." It was perfectly in-line with the movie. On the other hand you could view the revenge as attributed to his dead wife and son, what will all the visions of them, an act more perpetrated by his love of them than his hate of Fitz.

The final confrontation between Fitz and Glass was also very appropriate, they were rolling around in the muck, trying to hack off fingers.

I was also left feeling somewhat sympathetic towards Fitz, because he actually wanted to try and create something constructive, as opposed to Glass who's just a dead man walking.

I didn't feel like it glorified the Injins, the first scene in particular was brutal.
>>
>>64006200
??
just read my other posts a bit up. Indiands were definitely the "good guys".
Compare them to the indiands in John Ford's movies...
They had their suffering shown. They were after something just, retrieving the chief's daughter and the movie was completely honest about showing whites as being fair game because of all their crimes against he noble indiands who were the true onwers of american land yada yada..
>>
File: revenant_logo.jpg (7 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
revenant_logo.jpg
7 KB, 300x175
>>63998282
or this?
>>
>>64006200
Oh and by the way. The ending was silly and why the fuck was Hardy's character so obviously evil?
Cause it was racist.
Since he was racist he couldnt have any redeeming qualities now could he, he was simply evil incarnate.
He had no honour and was a murderer and a thief.
>>
I think the original legend is better anyway

He meets and spares booker and fitzgerald seperately

Fitzgerald is just an average guy, and all he does wrong is abandon Glass before he dies and take his stuff

If the movie was done by the original legend it would present Glass as irrationally seeking vengeance. And lives up to the concept of a "Revenant" as he has returned from the dead to attack the living for little good reason.
>>
>>64006062
Yes, the natives felt justified in their actions, including stealing the horses from the French because of 'honor.' It doesn't necessarily make them right or upstanding. The same principal can be applied to the French and Americans in the film. The whole point of the film is to show the viewer that in this environment, no one is really justified in their actions, but must tell themselves that what they do is due to the need to survive.

You're not made to feel guilty or agreeable to the Natives. In fact, the Pawnee that goes out of his way to help Glass, mentions how his family were killed by the Sioux. He's later hanged due to being a 'savage,' by the French.

The film in my viewing did not show some kind of biased agenda to portray the natives as innocent people.

If they were, you would've seen a scenario where Leo is rescued by the natives, who agree to help him because his son was half-caste. Then Leo would lead them to help destroy the American fort. Not too dissimilar to films such as The Last Samurai or Lawrence of Arabia, where someone from a civilized society goes native and helps them achieve greatness.

Historically speaking, this film got many things right. Not including the twisting of Glass' quest for retribution.
>>
>>64006445
Na na na. we gotta tackle and hint at contemporary racial matters.
Honestly having Leo spare and forgive everyone would have made way more sense.
If revenge was on his mind why didnt he kill the fucking officer who thought it was a good idea to leave leo with hardy who he knew hated leo with a passion?
I mean come on..
>>
>>64006445
>If the movie was done by the original legend it would present Glass as irrationally seeking vengeance.

To be honest, I would've much preferred a film that dealt with this theme, instead of one based on unrelenting vengeance. To see a character being fueled by nothing but hate end up forgiving Booker and Fitz would've been a fantastic character arc.

It would've been much harder to pull of though, especially for a director such as Inarritu.
>>
>>64006459
Are you for real?
The natives are portrayed as completely just in their actions.
There isnt a single evil Indian character.
Notice that they specifically changes Glass to be married to an indian wife and having an indian son...
Why was that conscious decision made? because Leo has to be on the indian side.
Yes the movie unconsciously includes within it the hypocrisy where whites dominating is evil while indiands dominatin and using force is just fine.
Throught all of it white actions steaming from a self interest are denounced while indian self interest is elevated and justified.
Leo is a white that denounced his "tribe" and joined the indians. Notice, he could have been married to a white woman and had her be killed by indians...
There are some obvious script choices in this movie that dont leave much room for ambiguity.
>>
>>64006459
good review
>>
>>64006713
That's a good point.

The film didn't however shy away from showing Injin savagery. Fitz was notably semi scalped, a wound which somewhat explains is jittery demeanor. The officer and the boy who stays with glass are the two most friendly characters in the film.

The attack and killing of the thirty men at the start of the film did not feel justified in the slightest, and twice Glass is attacked by the Injins without any cause or inquiry, even though Glass himself is an Injin sympathiser.

I didn't think Fitz was evil. He was a man who wanted something to take home, something to show. He didn't want to stay in the cold with Injins at his heels, at one point he even speaks better of the Texas injins, as he remarks that they just rob from you, they don't scalp ya.
>>
>>64006713

>MUH AGENDA

fuck man the opening shot of the film is the indians brutally slaughtering dozens of whites, the only times an indian doesnt kill a white are when they steal from the french and when they dont kill leo because he saved that woman (but they still dont help him even though he might be dying)

leo doesn't 'join the indians' he kills half a dozen of them without giving a fuck
>>
as a finnish guy this movie made me want to go to a forrest for a week and eat squirrels. fucking amazing movie.
>>
did a bear really make love to him?
or is it just a big maymay
>>
It was nice enough to look at for 2.5 hours. I liked the setting and whatnot. The plot was bland.
>>
>>64007372
It royally fucks him up, but doesn't legitimately try to bang Leo.
>>
>>64007482
ayy thanks
>>
>>63998569
For you
>>
>Tom Hardy still using his stupid bane voice.
>>
>Walking Through The Forest : The Movie

It'll be fun to watch Leo lose at the Oscars again at least.
>>
>>64007372

female bear and its trying to crush him

no spoilers
>>
>>64007920
who else is up for best actor
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.