[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prequel love/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: aotc.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
aotc.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>TFA is such a great movie so much better than the prequels
How does it feel to have such a shit taste ?
>>
>>63958534
>tfw star wars is over
>tfw no more genuine vision

damn..
>>
File: Intense_Disgust.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
Intense_Disgust.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>63958534
>tfw retards actually enjoy attack of the clones and try to defend Lucas' weak as fuck story telling and shit cg
>>
>>63958534

please come back george

I miss your cheesy soap operas about sand.
>>
>>63958534
RoTS was decent and way better than the new movie but the first two prequels sucked ass.
>>
>>63958534
>I watch kiddie flicks literally made for children
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
7 felt like a remake. wheres the magic? new ideas? its pretty depressing actually. I miss watching star wars and actually seeing stuff worth having a reaction to. This new one reminds me of that total recall remake, just remaking a classic source material.

the prequels built from their own ideas. Its really shitty for Disney to buy a character like Han Solo and then kill him off just to build their Vader clone. At least George had film-making skills to make a character that sucked to watch die.
>>
>>63959173
children can't stand the prequels

that's why they gravitate towards TFA, a meme marvel-tier capeshit trash flick
>>
File: Naboo_theed.jpg (37 KB, 620x276) Image search: [Google]
Naboo_theed.jpg
37 KB, 620x276
Prequels were shit too,of course, but at least they were more risky. And the locations in Phantom Menace were even a bit more well exposed than in that Marvel fanfiction where everything is rushed.
>>
>>63959442
>children can't stand the prequels

That isn't true at all.
>>
>>63959442
this 2bh faam

its literally reddit tier people who bitch about the prequels
>>
>>63959442
what you mean by children? all the people i know 20+ hated TFA
>>
>>63958648
Why? Is it because it was so dark? And gritty?
>>
>>63959571
children, manchildren

what's the difference? the people who don't like them and instead prefer TFA are mentally ill video game players that support upvote groupthink mentality and laud meme dialog and are generally against any form of artistry, originality or sincerity

if you don't like star wars at all that's obviously prefferable and fine too in the large sense, but if you pretend to like star wars and claim you just enjoy the OT, you're a drone with no cinematic understanding
>>
>>63959745
that's a lot of buzzwords to essentially say nothing.
>>
ROTS is a pretty decent SW movie. It's probably the best after EBS. The intro alone completely blows The Capeshit Awakens away.
>>
Offical power ratings
Episode II: truly the greatest piece of cinema ever made (thank you george) 10/10
Episode I: Not as good as II but still a cinematic masterpiece 9/10
Episode III: Great movie but too much edgy gritty emo shit 8/10
now for the bad part
Episode IV: Boring kid flick 4/10
Episode VI: Not as bad as IV but still really boring 5/10
Episode V: One of the worst movies ever made overrated shit praised by manchildrens 1/10
Episode VII: Disney cashgrab literally NEW HOPE 2.0, literally 0 soul...George would be ashamed 3/10
>>
>>63959862
whatever you say, pro-entertainment low-iq man child star wars tourist orbiter pleb
>>
File: HIGH GROUND.jpg (55 KB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
HIGH GROUND.jpg
55 KB, 1600x681
He's the GOAT part of prequels

Original Trilogy quality worthy

Who /obi/ here?
>>
>>63960021
but the OT is really shit
And the prequel trilogy is truly a pinnacle of cinema
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
>>63960021
pls
>>
File: padme.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
So this is how Star Wars dies, to the sound of Redditor capeshit.
>>
>>63960063
this /palpatine/ is GOAT
>>
>>63959964
my personal rankings

1. episode IV
2. episode II
3. episode III
4. episode V
5. episode I = episode VI (tie)

non-factors:

-The Force Awakens
-childrens cartoons
>>
File: 1444571585786.jpg (35 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1444571585786.jpg
35 KB, 387x461
>>63958534

Hey look! More shitty forced memes about the prequels.

Why are you even trying?

What is it in your autistic filled little brain is making you spurge all over the place like this?

I know!

It's the fat that TFA is doing so well and a month ago you were shitposting all over /tv/ that it would suck.

Now your trying to get some self inflicted vengeance...
>>
>>63958534
SaganFan1983 is that you?
>>
>look mommy I'm being contrarian
>>
>>63959901
That intro is a mess
>>
>>63960135
>>63960160
>>63960163
reddit exposed
>>
>>63960135
>you were shitposting all over /tv/ that it would suck.
I was hoping it would be good actually

I liked some of the rey parts in the desert. That almost felt right in terms of camera work, atmosphere etc but then they start throwing around the millennium falcon like a weightless toy, fire embarassing capeshit-tier quips one after another and all of it just goes out of the window to the trash

to J.J.'s credit, Kylo Ren is one of the most well dressed-sith in the movies. It's too bad they went overboard with his mental illness to the point where he resembled a capeshit bad guy.
>>
>>63960187
How does it make you feel that TFA only had two scenes between Poe and Finn yet managed to create a more believeable friendship between the two than George could for Obi and Anakin in three movies?
>>
File: 1449606953082.jpg (21 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1449606953082.jpg
21 KB, 248x189
>>63960187

>Being paranoid about Redditâ„¢ on 4chan

Impressive meme skills you got there, Gloria.
>>
>>63960287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm854yq38jY
stop lying reddit
this scene is alone better than anything in the original trilogy or in the reddit awakens
>>
File: 1450466960190.jpg (25 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
1450466960190.jpg
25 KB, 476x353
>>63960286

I can't take you seriously anymore.
>>
>>63960187
bro they expose themselves, you dont have to quote all of them
>>
>>63960287
Obi and Anakin are stoic jedi masters in their prime just like the other poker-faced individuals such as Windu and Yoda. They aren't regular people. From our real-world perspective, you could say they appear almost autistic. They don't act naturally. They're shut-in Jedi. Even in the star wars universe, most people feel awkward around them.
>>
>>63960354
>Obi-Wan in the light, Anakin in the dark
>tfw this was the last time they spoke as friends
Fucking genius. Bravo George
>>
Everybody ITT needs to commit suicide immediately.
>>
>>63958534

I love the prequels... however, I'm blinded by nostalgia. I was 9 when Episode I came out... so I had tons of friends into it, I had tons of toys, played the video games, went to Star Wars themed birthday parties, etc... an experience I never had with the originals. But I can say that there's probably a reason why everyone loves the originals (I do, but not with the same fondness) and hates the prequels. I acknowledge there's some really bad stuff involved, but the music is god-tier, the planets and atmosphere of the environments was awesome, the Saber fights were good, and Ewan McGregor total killed it.
>>
>>63960419
Obi-Wan, Yoda weren't autistic and stoic in the OT.
>>
>>63960354
damn that cgi is fucking good holy shit. looks realer than real life, not even being ironic

how the fuck did lucas and his crew do it bros? is it just the way he placed the cameras?
>>
>>63960534
I thought Liam Neeson nailed it, too. He was exactly the Jedi I imagined when Kenobi was talking about past generations of Jedi Knights in Episode IV.
>>
>>63960567

One could argue that they've mellowed out in all their years of exile, but holy shit, are you saying Yoda didn't have any stoic moments in the OT?

Also, Ewan McGregor nailed Alec Guiness' charm and friendly yet calm and collected Ben Kenobi throughout the prequels.
>>
>>63960354
its like they are standing inside a PS3 game

are you guys all being ironic or you are just actually this pleb?
>>
Prequels actually had alot of interesting thing's in it but Jar jar was such a lightning rod to focus everyone's anger and distaste that it derailed everything else.

TFA is just forgettable.

Not even rage inducing, just forgettable.
>>
>>63960647
McGregor will be back for episode 8

they even had him come in and record a line for TFA
>>
>>63960658
This is called being patrician
And not being a redditor pleb
>>
>>63960691
seriously?

now I'm excited for Star Wars again
>>
>>63960534
So? I was even younger than you when episode I came out, that doesn't mean I didn't watch the OT. In fact I watched those on VHS much more than I did PTM. And while the prequels have gotten worse and it's flaws become more obvious as I've gotten older, the OT is still as good as ever.
>the music is god-tier
Sure
>the planets and atmosphere of the environments was awesome
Boring CGI Windows backgrounds
>the Saber fights were good
Over choreographed and without tension or emotion.
>Ewan McGregor total killed it
He was good, but couldn't save the lousy script
>>
>>63960567
just like in real life, people often loosen up and become a little more childish and senile during their elder years

this is really magnified with yoda, whereas with obi-wan it's a more subtle transition and is actually slightly the opposite of what he used to be. Even though he has some of his old sense of humor, you can see he is far more reserved and worn-out from his tragic loss. Even Yoda quickly from an immature hermit to his old self when he returns back to jedi training business.
>>
>>63958648
I agree. The new movie needed a 45 minute, emotionless fight scene filled with ass cg.

Also, not enough children died in TFA imo.
>>
Kek

People called this shit months ago that /tv/ would clamber back onto loving the prequels post TFA

You fucking fake contrarian cunts

Next youll be saying the Clone Wars movie was good
>>
>>63960658
you're supposed to take it at face value

to me that doesn't look like a ps3 game

if that looks like a ps3 game, then coruscant would look like a ps3 game if it existed in real life
>>
>>63960785
if you browsed 4chinz for more than a week you would already know /tv/s general opinion of the prequels you reddit faggot
>>
>>63960775
hello reddit
>>
>>63958534
>episode II
are you actually this much of a contrarian?
>>
>>63960828
>probing prequel critics when they 'muh cgi'
they dont know what the fuck theyre talking about , they just meanlessly bitch. dont waste your time
>>
>>63960732
>Over choreographed and without tension or emotion.
you're just dense and can't pick off the subtle internal vibes from the speed of the movement and the constantly shifting energy

you require over emphasized garbage like kylo rens angry tantrums and slow careful movements so you can see whats going on
>>
>>63960867
I'm not a contrarian
It's called having a good taste
>>
>>63960856
what a neat argument!
now the fight scene makes perfect sense, and the tone of the movie isn't completely retarded!
>>
Can you increase the resolution of CGI like you can with film?
>>
File: ms.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
kill me
>>
Your bait is weak, old man.
>>
>>63961008
yet you still reply
>>
Look, everything from ROTJ to TFA has embarrassingly recycled material made to pander the audience. The big picture is there was never enough story to tell beyond the first film, to be compelling. ESB may as well be a nice epilogue to SW.
>>
>>63960934
mike is rolling in his grave
>>
>>63960913
I'm not even sure what you are asking

Fun fact though, Episode 2 was shot digitally in 1080p(and these plebs will defend this)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvnwLLXHabg
TFA duel is so shit comapred to this masterpiece
>>
File: attackofthepoetry.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
attackofthepoetry.webm
2 MB, 320x240
>>63961447

>masterpiece
>>
>>63961447
i know you are baiting, but it scares me that there are actually people retarded enough to believe this.
>>
>>63961527
>I know you are baiting
I'm not fuck off rlmdrone
>>
>>63961488
>>63961527

Not that anon. But I remember the few times I saw AOTC in the theaters when it came out, literally everyone in the theater was hype at the Yoda/Tyrannus fight.
>>
>>63961582

I remember people laughing their heads off, hardly hype and the reaction Lucas wanted for the scene.
>>
Who /likestheentireseries/ masterrace here.
>>
>>63961564
The fight lacked any tension because doku is a shit villain with literally no personality, nothing of consequence happened in that fight, except that gayboy got his arm cut off, cgi yoda looked like shit and i can't think of a worse location for any fight, ever.
>>
>>63961641

Pretty sure Lucas wanted people to have fun
>>
look at this shit and laugh
hahaha
why are the originals praised so much
who /prequelmasterrace/ here ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4
>>
THERE'S THE BLOCKADE
>>
>>63961733

all these movies are laughable anon. that's why they're fun.
>>
>>63961733
You know what this fight scene makes infinitly better than any of the prequel fight scenes? something of consequence happens in it.
>>
The prequels generated by far the best memes
>>
>>63961853

memes=quality

we all should know this already
>>
>>63961814
oh you mean like in ep III when anakin is deafeated and burns or when yoda is defeated and go into exile ?
>>
File: itsdlcthen.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
itsdlcthen.webm
2 MB, 854x480
This scene is fucking hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh3PNe9cNYA
>>
>>63960439
> sun is absorbed, taking away the light that han was standing in as kylo kills Han, ushering in complete darkness
Bravo JJ
>>
>>63961907
Yoda vs emperor is the only half decent fight scene in the movies.

I'd watch the anakin/obi-wan fight again, but i don't want to sit through 45 minutes of liquified shit, just so i can see what i knew would happen 5 movies ago.
>>
Ok can a prequel fan tell me what's good about the prequels? Because I can't find a single outstanding or even good quallity
>>
>>63962015
3 is the bestest movie ever, because it had lava in it.
>>
>>63962035
You're right it did have lava in it
>>
>>63962015
If you approach it from a meta point of view and say to yourself: These movies are so terrible they should be considered a parody of Star Wars. And then laugh your ass off as Jar Jar gives comic relief or the love dialogue then its a 8/10 comedy.
>>
>>63962015
Obi Wan
>>
>>63962015
Lots of political talk about trade federations and trade blockades. The senate scenes are 10/10, everything i ever wanted in a star wars movie.
>>
>>63962089
> These movies are so terrible they should be considered a parody of Star Wars. And then laugh your ass off as Jar Jar gives comic relie
What if I approach it as Jar Jar manipulating everyone around him to make the galaxy burn because he is the strongest Sith Lord?
>>
>>63961488
Damn. He was pretty fucking agile for his age.
>>
>>63962015
OT and prequels rhyme.
TFA doesn't rhyme, it simply repeats the words.
>>
>>63962164
another top tier meme from prequels.

Original series ain't got shit on it.
>>
>>63962015

>good worldbuilding
>is pretty good with the political junk with what little time it has to devote to the subject within the time span of the movies. The transition of the Republic to the Empire is fairly believable.
>Ewan McGregor
>Ian McDiarmid
>the tragedy of Anakin's fall ending with him losing the thing(s) he wanted to protect.
>was good at showing just why Darth Vader was not so evil that he'd choose Sheev over the son of Padme
>Qui Gon Jinn
>action sequences are pretty fun

There's a lot wrong with the prequels as far as dialogue and pacing goes, and some regretful plot holes which only someone who gives a shit enough to read EU stuff would know the full answer to. But each one is at least a 7/10 film and more rewatchable than many other films better in their execution but not nearly as entertaining to watch.
>>
>>63962015
Top class acting, look at everyone just pretenting to be an emotionless robot.
>>
File: latest.png (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2 MB, 1920x816
>This is Star Wars
>>
>People are actually saying the prequels are good
>They are defending it unironically
How the fuck did this happen?
>>
>>63962405
Its called having a not plebian good taste
>>
>>63962405
Contrarians. They love being different by circlejerking. Irony, huh?
>>
>>63962405

didn't you hear? the new one has a woman and a nigger in it unlike any star wars movie before
>>
>>63962275
>good worldbuilding
Not really. We never see anything useful or intriguing
>is pretty good with the political junk with what little time it has to devote to the subject within the time span of the movies. The transition of the Republic to the Empire is fairly believable.
Yeah Jar Jar causing the fall of the Senate was both believable and thematically appropriate
>the tragedy of Anakin's fall ending with him losing the thing(s) he wanted to protect.
>was good at showing just why Darth Vader was not so evil that he'd choose Sheev over the son of Padme
It's written so awkwardly that it doesn't come through
>>
>>63962405
There were always actual unironic fans of the prequels (most of them still prefer the OT), just the new epic maymay shitpost extravaganza brought on by TFA has given them an environment where they don't stand out enough to get verbally flogged by the usual rabid fanboys who are distracted by all the sarcasm that they cannot detect due to their autism.
>>
File: 37345234441.jpg (32 KB, 409x421) Image search: [Google]
37345234441.jpg
32 KB, 409x421
>>63962435
oh /pol/ I mean /tv/ you so silly
>>
File: 3425423523.jpg (815 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
3425423523.jpg
815 KB, 900x1200
>>63962435
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sdpH5N1c0

>people nitpick the shit out of the prequels while they completely ignore all the shit going on in the OT

hating on the prequels became a meme long ago
>>
>Over choreographed shit

I can only think of one duel in Revenge that had too much choreography and that was the Obi Wan vs Anakin duel. All the spinning and shit made sense because they both were essentially the same in the way they used a lightsaber, so they knew every move before they did it.

The Anakin vs Count Dooku duel on the Invisible hand wasn't too spectacular, but was just to show how much stronger Anakin is since they had their last show down
The Obi Wan vs Grievous fight took Obi Wan by surprise because he's never gone up against an enemy that can use 4 lightsabers at a time in a pretty much unknown fighting style, but he was quick to exploit him not being force sensitive

The whole "Muh Original trilogy duels with substance" argument is fucking stupid. I'm sure back then Lucas wanted to do the same shit but was limited by technology. The only duels without substance in the prequels are:

>Obi Wan and Anakin vs Count Dooku
>Qui gon and Obi Wan vs Darth Maul (When Qui gon is killed it becomes more than a dance)
>Grievous vs Obi Wan.

The original trilogy duels aren't exciting. Best one is the Obi Wan and Vader duel. But best duel is Anakin vs Obi Wan from prequels.
>>
>>63962630
Ok you described how the OT is flawed. Now explain how the Prequel trilogy is good
>>
File: 1450300234839.jpg (916 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
1450300234839.jpg
916 KB, 1333x2000
yes... yes I do.
He is a man of ideas and has the talent to carry them out.
Jar. Jar. Abrams has no vision, and uses the most simple cinematic techniques (Using practical effects takes literally no effort/imagination).
>>
>>63962449
>We never see anything useful or intriguing

Except that's wrong.

>gladiator bug world that is the first site of the Clone Wars
>water world of perpetual rain that is inhabited by slender alien cloners who breed the clones from which the clone wars gets its name and which also form the foundation of the future Imperial military
>Tatooine retroactively becomes more than just a ball of dirt nobody cares about as it serves an important part in the story of the Skywalker clan
>the emperor's homeworld is the site of the first conflict which eventually starts the end of the Old Republic and the rise of its senator as the future dark emperor
>the historic seat of the Republic for thousands of years which later becomes the center of the Empire
>lava planet where Vader is scarred (which is how he gets his iconic suit) after his fight with his former mentor which of course gives Obi-Wan Luke's first lightsaber which he later gives him in New Hope

Even the less important world's which are only featured briefly are visually stunning. Almost nobody has ever denied that.

>Yeah Jar Jar causing the fall of the Senate was both believable and thematically appropriate

Jar Jar isn't who he was in Phantom Menace though. In a way it's meant to show character growth from his more bumbling joke of a self in TPM to his more competent role as a Republican representative. Also, Jar Jar only took it upon himself to propose emergency powers. The Senate as a whole chose to give them.

>It's written so awkwardly that it doesn't come through

It's written awkwardly, but it does come through.
>>
>>63962690
the prequels are good because they're fun, I'm not an autistic neckbeard nitpicking the shit out of things I just sit back and enjoy the show and the prequels deliver

same reason I enjoy the OT, it's fun despite being shit, the problem is people take the OT too seriously unironically
>>
>>63962397
That rock wow.
Actually everything looks so bad.

HD really hasn't been kind to the prequels.
>>
>>63962771
>fun
I too enjoy political disputes about trade negotiations.
>>
>>63962774

I don't get the gaga over HD. Especially with movies in the early 2000's, it often ruins the immersion by making the flaws hidden by picture quality and format more apparent

I only watch the OT on VHS.
>>
>>63962679
>I'm sure back then Lucas wanted to do the same shit but was limited by technology.
Irrelevant. It means he was always retarded then
>The whole "Muh Original trilogy duels with substance" argument is fucking stupid.
Ok look back at the video in >>63961447 and notice how casual and bored their body language is during the fight. Look at their faces and see how there's no real emotion or tension. Look at the context and how these 2 characters barely know or care about each other. This is the template for how fights in the Prequels go and why people say they lack substance
>>
>>63962810
>I'm an ADHD kid who only cares about pew pew and lightsabers
>wheres muh explosions
>omg is this a movie of the fucking bible zzzzzzzz
>i dont understand what these men say just get on with it omg

and the funniest part is the political bits are finished pretty fast
>>
>>63958534
how does it feel it won't pass furious 7 you piece of shit ?
>>
>>63962887
>>I'm an ADHD kid who only cares about pew pew and lightsabers

What's funnier is that the same people will say the same about anyone who likes the prequels even they admit they aren't as good of films as the OT.

>Minute 1: Oh, I hate all this boring political shit in my campy Flash Gordon tribute about space monks fighting evil guys in black?
>Minute 2: Why don't these movies have more depth than just generic good vs evil?
>>
Sheev and Count Dooku were god tier desu. Is there anyone in Star Wars Reddit edition that even compares?
>>
>>63962863

I think you missed how I said that was one of the fights without substance. Pretty damn sure Lucas always has been retarded.
>>
>>63962774
What about it?
It's not CG.
Actually a fuckload of things that look like CG in TPM are actually real, like the chrome ship.
People should watch the making of TPM to understand why it's not as bad as Redditors pretend it is.
>>
>>63962999
Aside from Anakin vs Obi Wan and Obi Wan vs Maul this is every single fight. Lightsaber or not. Even in Obi Wan vs Maul although Obi wan's face sometimes looks angry his moves are still choreographed calm and poised so it's still pretty shit
>>
>>63962434
Thanks for the insight reddit
>>
>>63958534
After the original trilogy ended, the Clone Wars cartoon was literally the only good Star Wars thing that came out.

Why can't you dorks just let this shit die? Take Old Yeller to the back of the shed instead of watching him shit himself, hoping he'll one day be as good as new.
>>
>>63963088
>his moves are still choreographed

Well, yeah, cause it's a fucking movie. Do you honestly think that any of the actors in the Original Trilogy were actually to beat each other to death for the sake of realism? All the choreography and confrontations in the Star Wars movies, including the Original Trilogy, are designed to make you forget for a moment that the actors aren't actually trying to hurt one another. Likewise, real sword duels, especially not ones featuring weapons that if you accidentally twirl them wrong you could lop off your own entire arm, wouldn't feature nothing but kill blows. Heck, when I was younger watching Return of the Jedi, I always thought it was kind of obvious that when Luke is beating down Vader on the Death Star II, you could tell he's just hitting the same one spot against Vader's sword over and over again,

The fact that the only defense of the Original trilogy's fights is "muh emotional tensions" is probably a testament to the fact that they're obviously not all that realistic. The prequels are good at making dazzling choreography that fits the fantasy setting of the movies and looks nice enough that you can kind of forget that the actors aren't really trying to kill one another and yet they're probably much more grounded in reality than the average kung fu flick's choreography. While some of them lack the emotional tension of the Original Trilogy because in the case of Dooku and Maul's fights it's more of a Jedi vs Sith than a father vs son thing, not every fight needs to have that kind of shit. It's not like wars are always deeply personal conflicts where all the soldiers are family members or best friends turned against one another.
>>
>>63963393
> the Clone Wars cartoon was literally the only good Star Wars thing that came out.

Kotor
Jedi Outcast
Rogue Squadron
The pod racing game
>>
>>63962960
Spotted on leddit earlier:

> The moral ambiguity introduced by stormtroopers being child soldiers in TFA is really good, as simplistic dualism doesn't make for good films.
> For some reason I am subscribed to a Star Wars fan forum as if Star Wars has ever not been strictly about simplistic dualism.

Sophist tier P&~P logical contradictions are everywhere in pleb TFA fanboys.

>>63963088

The dude learned martial arts at the fucking Buddhist space temple. You think he's not going to be all collected and poised physically when he's fighting? Even if he's raging out that's just muscle memory senpai.
>>
>>63963449
>"muh emotional tensions"
Haha yeah who needs to have characters give a shit about each other when they get into a duel to the death as long as it has spins and flips it's cool right?
>is probably a testament to the fact that they're obviously not all that realistic
In a movie about space wizards and laser swords? Surely you jest
>The prequels are good at making dazzling choreography that fits the fantasy setting of the movies and looks nice enough that you can kind of forget that the actors aren't really trying to kill one another
Yeah the best fights are devoid of tension because nobody looks like they're trying to kill.
>While some of them lack the emotional tension of the Original Trilogy because in the case of Dooku and Maul's fights it's more of a Jedi vs Sith than a father vs son thing, not every fight needs to have that kind of shit. It's not like wars are always deeply personal conflicts where all the soldiers are family members or best friends turned against one another.
Yeah but fucking Star Wars does. Star Wars has always been personal stories about emotions, redemptions, hate, control etc. In the course of three movies there have been have been two fights that mattered personally to the people fighting. Honestly I'm not sure I'm talking to a real person at this point and not a autistic robot or a le epic contrarian troll
>>
>>63963655
>The dude learned martial arts at the fucking Buddhist space temple. You think he's not going to be all collected and poised physically when he's fighting? Even if he's raging out that's just muscle memory senpai.
When his beloved mentor dies and his murderer is standing in front of him, no. He's a human being not a actual alien. But in the prequel everyone is a emotionless sexless space monk. Except Sheev who is always tons of fun
>>
>>63963734
Ignoring all your extremely well-practiced lightsaber drills by consciously breaking muscle memory is a great way to not avenge your master because you died.
>>
>>63963491
I was only talking about the movies and such. It's true that Star Wars has produced some nice vidya, but that's more due to good programming than actual expansion on the Star Wars lore (except maybe KOTOR).

Remove all Star Wars references and they're still solid games.
>>
>>63963886
He was getting his shit kicked in anyway until Maul decided to daydream for a minute and got killed. Either way it's an excuse for watching another nearly identical lightsaber scene
>>
>>63958534
Everyone who considers any star wars movie great is literally an autist or underage
>>
>Stormtroopers are raised from kids to be soldiers
>There were probably child training facilities on the "Starkiller"
>The rebels murdered children
>>
File: 15415417.jpg (216 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
15415417.jpg
216 KB, 1280x960
>>63963890
I heard this was pretty alright
>>
>>63963655
>Even if he's raging out that's just muscle memory senpai.
Horribly inefficient muscle memory with entirely useless jumps and twists and turns that would actually make you more vulnerable in combat.

Face it, the combat in the OT wasn't great but at least it resembled combat. The "combat" in the prequels is overchoreographed ballet. Lucas didn't lack a budget whatsoever and saved a bundle on sets by just doing everything with CGI, so the least he could've done was hire some HEMA faggots to explain how actual swordsplay works. Hell, if he wants to go full weeaboo he could hire some kendofags instead.

>Inb4 "b-but lightsabers aren't real swords"
That doesn't mean the same principles don't apply. Whether your blade is metal or some all-destroying laser, you don't fucking turn your back on your enemy.
>>
>>63960913

it could probably be re-rendered, but the non-CGI portions of the image can not
>>
>>63963675
>Haha yeah who needs to have characters give a shit about each other when they get into a duel to the death as long as it has spins and flips it's cool right?

Not every fight has to be between people who have personal vendettas against the other person. It is enough that people have clashing ideals that drive them to fight against one another. I don't hear you complaining about "why should I care about all these faceless stormtroopers getting blasted? where is the emotional tension between them and Han or the random rebel troopers." The emotional tensions argument is retarded because it presumes that a lightsaber fight needs a lot of emotional tension to begin with, as if Jedi never fought darksiders simply for the sake of the light side. And if Luke and Vader in ESB or ROTJ were fighting with blasters, ducking behind pillars in a gunslinger duel for their lives, the same "emotional tension" you love would still be there between them, perhaps moreso, because the tension is not in the lightsaber but in the characters. So, praising the emotional tension has nothing to do with the overall quality of the fight sequence as much as it is a merit of the writing and storytelling. To say that a lightsaber duel has to be something deeply personal between two deeply connected individuals, racked with such emotional tensions, is to suggest that the lightsaber's presence itself is essential to creating that tension when it has fuck all to do with that.
>>
>>63958534
just leave it alone George
>>
>>63963675
>In a movie about space wizards and laser swords? Surely you jest

You know very well what I mean.

>Yeah the best fights are devoid of tension because nobody looks like they're trying to kill.

Nobody looks like they're trying to kill anyone in these movies because it's acting and real sword-fights don't look like this. Jesus Christ, even storywise, Vader is purposely not trying to kill Luke in ESB and Luke & Vader are not trying to kill each other in ROTJ either until the last like twenty seconds of their fight when Luke gets mad at Vader for threatening Leia. In TPM, the only person trying to kill anyone is probably Darth Maul as Jedi do not fight with the intention to kill unless they seriously have to (most of the time Obi-Wan and Qui Gon are aiming for Maul's limbs to incapitacitate him). And Ben is not really trying to kill Vader in ANH. Most of the fights where characters try to actually kill one another with lightsabers take place in ROTS and AOTC, and in AOTC Dooku purposely aimed for the limbs to incapacitate Obi-Wan/Anakin first.
>>
>>63958534
If you enjoy Attack of the Clones then you should seriously consider suicide.
>>
File: 1238378165687.jpg (3 KB, 97x126) Image search: [Google]
1238378165687.jpg
3 KB, 97x126
>This thread is still going
So many underage prequelover was baited today
>>
>>63964717

more like so many redditors were triggered by people liking what they don't like
>>
>>63964591
> It is enough that people have clashing ideals that drive them to fight against one another.
No it's not. That's why nobody gives a shit about garbage like the gungan war or trade politics
>I don't hear you complaining about "why should I care about all these faceless stormtroopers getting blasted? where is the emotional tension between them and Han or the random rebel troopers.
The emotional tension is that Hans Falcon is usually at risk which means a lot to him and the fact that him a woman he loves and one of his best friends might die.
>And if Luke and Vader in ESB or ROTJ were fighting with blasters, ducking behind pillars in a gunslinger duel for their lives, the same "emotional tension" you love would still be there between them, perhaps moreso, because the tension is not in the lightsaber but in the characters.
So you spend paragraphs arguing "lol emotions are for retards" only to say that they are important for a fight to have any meaning
>To say that a lightsaber duel has to be something deeply personal between two deeply connected individuals, racked with such emotional tensions, is to suggest that the lightsaber's presence itself is essential to creating that tension when it has fuck all to do with that.
It does when we're talking about Jedi when the force is about controlling emotions or emotions making you evil
>>
>>63964633
>Nobody looks like they're trying to kill anyone in these movies
Luke when he fights Vader looks and fights like he's angry. Vader fights like he's toying with Luke and that he can crush him pretty handily. You can read that shit just by watching them fight. Compare this to the prequels which is just flip spin flip spin flip spin flip spin flip spin. The Prequel trilogy is garbage at conveying things through a fight and at making the fight intself interesting
>>
>>63964946
>flip spin flip spin flip spin flip spin flip spin

When was the last time you even watched those fights? Compared to most martial arts stuff it's grounded as fuck. Minimal wirework. You whine like they're on trampolines or pogo sticks. And lets not pretend Luke did no flips in OT. It was just filmed differently cause of the limitations of the time.
And even fucking Alec Guinness does a couple of spins in ANH. The only guy to stay bolted to the floor is Vader. Probably cause he's got enough problems with peripheral vision as it is.
But, I guess since it's Lucas you're contractually obligated to point out that it's all dance-dance all the time anytime someone mentions it.
>>
>>63960856
shit, YOU CLEARLY HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
even though that didn't make a difference in the half-an-hour lightsaber duel directly preceding this line apparently at that moment 10 feet over a mild incline make two legs and an arm of difference.
Also the fact that after 5+ hours of shit we still have to hear that from anakin's point of view the jedi are evil.
These aren't just memes. They're the absolute low points of Lucas's shitty writing. When it became so shit that there was no way a particular plot hole couldn't be addressed but couldn't be saved either. RoTS is a mediocre end to a shit trilogy. kys my man
>>
>>63964845
>No it's not. That's why nobody gives a shit about garbage like the gungan war or trade politics

But they care about the war against the Empire whose ideals are made far less obvious in the OT besides the fact that they have disintegrated the Old Republic which was a more democratic or representative form of government and hurt people who don't obey them? The whole fight against the Empire was one of ideals you fucking moron

>The emotional tension is that Hans Falcon is usually at risk which means a lot to him and the fact that him a woman he loves and one of his best friends might die.

But again, there's no personal connection between Han and the stormtroopers he shoots. The things you listed are not "emotional tension" at all but fucking SUSPENSE. Emotional tension would be like two brothers who find they have opposing ideals and the audience feels the push and pull of their love for one another and their committments to their ideals or two best friends loving the same woman.

People have no problem watching Chewie, Han and Leia blast stormtroopers for no other reason than "they're fighting on the bad side," and never complain about the lack of emotional tension between the stormtroopers and the heroes. But for some some reason the battle between the Jedi and the Sith, ancient arch enemies who represent the light and dark sides of the force respectively, whose fights even without personal connections possess a greater cosmic meaning, is not allowed unless Darth Maul is Obi-Wan's father/brother/best friend.
>>
>>63964845

>So you spend paragraphs arguing "lol emotions are for retards" only to say that they are important for a fight to have any meaning

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the emotional tensions that add weight to duels of the OT nor am I arguing that the PT fights are necessarily better in spite or because they lack emotional tension (I agree the OT ones are better). The point I was making was that the Retard Letter Media reddit parrots who keep repeating this emotional tension argument are woefully confused. If you took out the lightsabers from the OT duels and gave them guns and the right setting, the emotional tensions would still be there if the characters are essentially the same (and the fights might even be a bit more suspenseful). Yes, the OT fights have more emotional tension, but that's a just a testament to the way the characters are written, it doesn't have anything special to do with the lightsabers in the scenes or even the choreography, since if you took those same lightsabers and the same choreography out of the context of those characters, it'd be less interesting than the prequels own choreography. The lightsabers are there for in-universe reasons, not because lightsaber duel=more emotional tensions.
>>
File: inaba kill.jpg (30 KB, 430x241) Image search: [Google]
inaba kill.jpg
30 KB, 430x241
>>63959964
>>
>>63964845
>>63964946

>It does when we're talking about Jedi when the force is about controlling emotions or emotions making you evil

No it doesn't. Because the Jedi and the Sith are no more or less emotional than the average person is, it's just that they are able to tap more directly into a supernatural force. Sure you could argue that the fight between them has more cosmic signficance than the average battle because they represent religious and spiritual ideals as opposed to simply clashing worldly interests, but that's more a matter of the meaning not a matter of "emotional tension" and Phantom Menace managed to do a lightsaber duel that conveyed a sense of greater meaning quite well.

>Luke when he fights Vader looks and fights like he's angry. Vader fights like he's toying with Luke and that he can crush him pretty handily. You can read that shit just by watching them fight.

This is wrong. In ESB, Vader is trying to capture Luke or tempt him to the darkside, not kill him. And in ROTJ, Vader is only half-heartedly trying to kill Luke because of the "good in him" and Luke is avoiding fighting Vader until Vader threatens Leia, but even here it's quite obvious that Mark Hamill is not trying to hurt David Prowse.
>>
>>63964061
Alright, so we're going to do this, then, I guess. We're going to have a retarded internet fight about lightsaber choreography. Fine.

> Horribly inefficient muscle memory

This is so far from relevant it's in another galaxy far, far away.

Other Anon said Obi-Wan should've been more emotional. I said he trained to fight without getting emotional, so he's going to be less emotional than you think he should be.

He said that he would want to be emotional anyway, since he wants to avenge the death of his master. But any good fighter knows that sticking to what you have practiced is always the smart play. It's not like he and Maul weren't both playing by the same stupid Beyblade combat rules anyway.

> the combat in the OT wasn't great but at least it resembled combat.

Neither of them particularly resembled real combat, and neither of them particularly resembled what seems reasonable for lightsaber combat, either. PT lightsaber combat would probably resemble modern sport fencing (very light sword, kills at slightest touch). OT lightsaber combat would probably resemble old movies about king Arthur where their sword props weighed 15 pounds with huge thick edges to prevent damaged props from their unrealistic choreography.

> The same principles apply to fighting with lightsabers as they do to fighting with steel swords. Also, let's ignore the Force, too.

Sure, let's discuss the realism of some rapier choreography, too. We can ignore the sharpened points and pretend they're foiled, of course, because the same principles apply right? Hey actor! You can't stab someone with a foiled rapier! What lousy choreography, so unrealistic to try to stab someone with that rapier.

Is this some kind of a joke?

> the least he could've done was hire some HEMA faggots

I am one, does that make me an expert opinion now?

> he could hire some kendofags instead.
> Hiring sport fencers to do realistic eastern swordplay.

I think we're done here.
>>
>>63964061
>Hell, if he wants to go full weeaboo he could hire some kendofags instead.

The guy doing Dooku's stunts was a kendo guy. Which is besides the point cause it neither medieval swordfighting, nor kendo. It's space wizards doing space wizards things.
>>
>>63961733
this is fucking bad , jesus christ.
>>
File: 1347913668504.jpg (29 KB, 382x400) Image search: [Google]
1347913668504.jpg
29 KB, 382x400
>>63958534
>TFA is such a great movie so much better than the prequels
>implying its not better than the old triology.

Maybe you should take off you nostalgia goggles. TFA is the best star wars, deal with it.
>>
re-watched them a few days ago and they really aren't that bad, just really dumb
>>
>>63961733

A New Hope is one of my favorite films ever and I like it much more than the prequels, but even I can admit that the lightsaber fight between Obi-Wan and Vader is nothing that special and is one of the elements of the film that testifies to its age. Even compared to the other fights in the Original Trilogy, it's emotional impact is pretty weak.
>>
File: 1411167213616.gif (2 MB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1411167213616.gif
2 MB, 400x310
>>63963675

>have been have been
>>
Hated Attack of the Clones when I first saw it but it's pretty good outside of the romance stuff.

Kamino and the arena clone battle was based.
>>
>>63968661
Coruscant undercity was nice too.
>>
can we make this a thing please?

i really enjoy phantom and sith for the most part, and even clone wars has some good scenes

they're not superb but they're at least unique and they encourage me to read up on the wider universe

at least they were made by a guy who cared about creativity and originality, even if he was past the stage where he could direct well
>>
Hux's speech
>WILL REMEMBER THIS AS THE LAST DAY OF THE REPUBLIC

I'm pretty sure that this is JJ retconing the entire prequel saga. There will be literally no more reference to anything that happened in them.
>>
>>63968847
I agree, they're Cheetos: the trilogy.

Dangerously Cheesy.
>>
>>63968887

I would be loyal to the prequels first over any rehash Disneyshit

this is the actual story of the Skywalker lineage
>>
>>63968889
there's merit to this even though what you said was a little bit funny

people mock the prequels' dialogue, but at least it wasnt nigger ghetto trashtalk, at worst it was a poor attempt at shakesperian speech

the intent was there even if the skill was lost in earlier years, TFA is just annoying marvel banter
>>
>>63959442
nailed it

the prequels actually had good characters with redeeming qualities about them. they were interesting. the people in TFA were fucking meh. seriously what a load of shit

the prequels were really good and actually had a structure, revenge of the sith was the best
>>
Am I the only one who enjoyed the byzantine space politics of the prequels? It added life and depth to the universe.
>>
>>63969012
The old canon was pretty lulzy.

Palpatine gets Plageius fucked on wine while rehearsing his Chancellor speech and zaps his ass with Unlimited Power.
>>
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
>>63969012
it actually gave the films structure and an identity. TFA is just explosions and fancy effects. that is literally it. it had no essence or identity

i wish directors would get it into their fucking heads that fancy effects do not make a movie good
>>
>>63961152
Lucasfilm will CGI more detail in the 4K release
>>
>>63969467
wow my post is being used as pasta. I AM HONOURED
>>
File: Mace Windu.jpg (26 KB, 512x818) Image search: [Google]
Mace Windu.jpg
26 KB, 512x818
>>63969012
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I'VE HAD WITH IT THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' SITH IN THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' REPUBLIC!
>>
The prequels really were a product of their time. By that I mean people were not ready for a new Star Wars trilogy, not ready to accept it. Now however, people are starting to see the true gems they are. Sure, they are not perfect, but they are no where near as bad as people claim.

Honestly, in a lot ways they are better than the original trilogy.
>>
File: dt.jpg (36 KB, 484x360) Image search: [Google]
dt.jpg
36 KB, 484x360
>>63969917
>that Straight Shota in Episode 1
>>
>>63958534
TFA is far greater than the prequels. It even supersedes the vision of Lucas's original trilogy with dazzling bravado. The vision is staggering, the performance are first rate, and brings back the glorydays of 70's new Hollywood for a brand new generation. And if anyone thinks I'm a shill I assure everyone in this thread that no one at 20th Century Fox paid me to post this.
>>
so i just re-watched the prequels and i have to say these actually get a lot of undeserved hate. you can tell there was love and craft put into these worlds. varied creatures, some of the most alien and beautiful worldbuilding i've ever seen. yeah the script is bad but holy shit these settings and designs are beautiful. these are a work of a man who cares deeply for star wars.

>phantom menace
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

>clone
character design - 9/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 5/10

>sith
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

i would rank them above TFA, below the OT
>>
>>63970052
Straight Shota is the purest form of affection there is.
>>
>>63970141
the characters and world concepts were perfect in the prequels i agree. now that TFA has come out and people are starting to realise its a fucking heap of shit, people will realise the prequels arent actually that bad, but really quite good all round
>>
I honestly like The Phantom Menace and believe Jar Jar Binks is a useful comic relief AND a good character overall.
>>
>>63970363

I agree, he's a character that really works within the movie.
>>
Reminder that people say that Disney is 100% ignoring the prequels when Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan had more lines in TFA than Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>63970363
I like TPM but I dislike JJ. However JJ would have been less annoying if he had become an actual character in later films, and if minor changes in TPM were made. Just cut back a bit in Tatooine and the battle, don't make him accidentally kill so many droids and don't make him get stuck in the podracer.
>>
File: 1421026675885.jpg (48 KB, 335x202) Image search: [Google]
1421026675885.jpg
48 KB, 335x202
>yfw Anakin would've been alright he was raised by Qui-Gon
The little nigga latches on instantly and looks up to Qui-Gon.
>>
>>63958534

What were your favorite moments from the prequels, /tv/?

I love the scene where Padme confronts Anakin. So powerful and emotional.
>>
>>63968887
TFA referenced a lot of stuff from the prequels, just in a more subtle way so it doesn't anger the illogical rabid prequel haters.
>>
>hating the prequels

Found the redditor.
>>
File: vader_thumbs_up.jpg (17 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
vader_thumbs_up.jpg
17 KB, 300x355
>>63970363
>>
File: 1364924536018.jpg (91 KB, 259x276) Image search: [Google]
1364924536018.jpg
91 KB, 259x276
>>63958534
>not loving both
>>
>>63968887
Nah that's him saying the New Republic was about to get blown to hell. Which it did.
>>
>>63970469

The scene where Anakin is standing in the center of the council as he's been appointed to it by Sheev, and they are all looking at him like an outsider and refusing to give him Masterhood (even after he beat Dooku), really marks the rift between him and the Council that no one would be able to mend afterward

If they would have let him be a Master and accepted him warmly the entire tangent of the movie would have changed
>>
>>63970469
I like the bubble comedy scene, where Palpatine all but reveals to Anakin that he's a Sith. Most people feel that Anakin was stupid for not realising there, but I personally feel that a part of him did realise, but he was so tempted by the dark side and liked Palpatine so much that he buried that side until Palpatine came out and said it later and he could ignore it no longer.
>>
>>63970469
Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul.

>Obi-Wan pissed as fuck
>has to step up to the plate
>Darth Maul's arrogant swagger
>those lightsaber sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-L2K2f2YWM

3:30.
>>
>>63970549

Jedi Council were pricks, they shit talk Anakin at every turn and literally do nothing else throughout 3 movies. Would have murdered them too imo desu
>>
>>63970539
The original trilogy is boring kiddie shit
The prequel trilogy is the true pinnacle of patrician cinema
>>
>>63958534

George was ahead of his time, I'm so glad people are finally waking up to his genius. What a shame it came so late and he has already been crucified for our sins.
>>
>>63970584
>Darth Maul's arrogant swagger
For a character with no lines and no backstory and no development, Maul's actor did a good job implying all of those things with mere movement.
>>
>>63970623
They were all scared shitless of him and let Palpatine become his new gramps.

This shit wouldn't have happened if they had taken Qui-Gon seriously.
>>
>>63958534
prequels were flawed and had a lot of cringeworthy crap in them, but they had depth and lore that the new star wars never will. SW7 is just mindless entertainment.
>>
>>63958534
Go fuck yourself. Only one of the prequels was worth remembering.
>>
>>63970658
It helps that Ray Park is a trained martial artist and knows how to use a staff.
>>
>>63970658
He has a line
>>
>>63958587
I did like Obi-Wan's mystery plot though. Even if the trail of clues were contrived and ridiculous. As was the whole thing about the Clone Army (really, they should've been the villains).

The prequels do have their upsides (and ROTS may even pass for a good movie, if you ignore what flaws it does have), but I don't think they really save them.

>>63959541
>that Marvel fanfiction where everything is rushed.
You read my Avengers racing/caper fanfiction "The Fast and the Spurious"?
>>
File: 3435636.jpg (316 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
3435636.jpg
316 KB, 1920x824
I just rewatched TPM and it was just as bad as I remembered
>awful CGI
>actors having trouble with CGI, pic related
>terrible acting, it's like lucas told everyone to act as emotionless as possible
>inconsistent tone, part kids movie, part shitty political drama
>multiple poop jokes
>anakin takes down an entire ship by accident
>bland visuals, everything is grey and colourless
>no likeable characters
>awkward dialogue
>shitty lightsaber choreography that doesn't even look like fighting
you guys got me good
>>
>>63970764
Two actually, though they were short and consecutive so I'd see why you'd forget.

>>63970763
Yeah he looked sweet swinging that thing around.
>>
>>63970623
>>63970676

bunch of fuckboys desu

the only thing keeping it together was Obi Wan being nice to him and once he left Coruscant and Anakin alone it all went to hell
>>
>>63970436
He didn't do anything accidentally, he's a master of the drunken fist fighting style.
>>
Speaking of prequels, why does the inside of the Jedi temple look so fucking awful? Such shit CGI. It didn't need to be so jarring, they showed they could do good CGI as well, but chose not to.
>>
>>63970839
>awful CGI
very little cgi in modern standards, you picked the wrong prequel to complain about cgi. jar jar was practical effects you nimbat

>terrible acting, it's like lucas told everyone to act as emotionless as possible
the jedi don't have emotions m8 keep up

>inconsistent tone, part kids movie, part shitty political drama
the politics were kept brief and only mentioned as necessary as the film was for families

>>bland visuals, everything is grey and colourless
again wrong film m8, naboo is pretty as shit

>no likeable characters
dw m8 nat port's tummy is in the next film

>shitty lightsaber choreography that doesn't even look like fighting
best one in the entire star wars saga actually
>>
I love the "prequels were good" revisionism meme. It's one of /tv/'s best.
>>
>>63970839
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63970839
>anakin takes down an entire ship by accident
kek I forgot about this one
>>
>>63970892
What could've been if Qui-Gon was his master and they went back for Shmi.
>>
>>63970623
Watch out guys, we have Kylo Ren right here.
>>
The best thing about TFA is when I own it on DVD I can finally marathon episodes 1 through 6 and then watch a remake of Episode 4 with old people. Thank you JJ.
>>
>>63971034

I'm way better looking than him.
>>
>>63959985
>using pro-entertainment as an insult

Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>63971034
What other Masters besides Obi-Wan did Anakin fight?
>>
File: 989.jpg (458 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
989.jpg
458 KB, 1920x824
>>63970934
naboo looks stunning
>jar jar wasn't cgi
at least do some research before shitposting
>>
>>63971137

Master Windu. It was a short fight.
>>
>>63971216
3u
>>
Why do OT fags hate medichlorians so much? It's literally the only thing that can explain why she was so OP. Maybe reveal she has a medichlorian count of 40,000 thousand. It's stupid to think that anyone could use the force just because they believe.
And if retards payed attention in Phantom, you'd know medichlorians aren't the force itself. They are more like a conduit for the force to move through you.
>>
>>63971165
i could cherrypick a screenshot from lotr and say it was ugly but that wouldn't make it true, naboo was pretty

jar jar was practical effects m8 he had an actor and everything
>>
>>63971165
>LITERALLY windows xp
>>
>>63971216
That wasn't even close to a fair fight.
>>
File: 3532.jpg (492 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
3532.jpg
492 KB, 1920x824
>>63971267
there isn't really many wide shots of naboo
please post a nice one, I couldn't find a single one
>>
Can someone explain why Anakin murdered children in Episode 3? I understand why it needed to be done but where did Anakin get all this conviction and strength to do it? It feels like we're missing an entire movie between the massacre at the Jedi temple and Sheev's office.
>>
>>63971319
there's one in the first ten posts of this thread
>>
>>63971319
beautiful....>>63971319
>>
>>63971341

He was in an utter haze and shock. He was essentially in too deep and couldn't turn back from what was ahead. Getting rid of the Jedi's power meant eradicating every Jedi left and their potential threats.
>>
>>63971341
yeah anakin pledging allegiance to the graveyard smash was a bit sudden especially considering his first act as monster mash's protege was to slaughter innocent children
>>
/tv/ is fucking hilariously predictable.

Contrarian retards.
>>
>>63971341
That's because it was rushed.

>that very day he threatened to have Sheev arrested
>even turned him in to the Jedi Council
>Jedi Council says that if he's not lying then they will trust him and likely grant him the rank of Master
>a few hours later he's wiping out all the Jedi
>eyes are already yellow
>he's gone full power trip
>>
>>63971341
He's an ICE COLD KILLA.

Fucking Kylo wishes he was half as ruthless as his gramps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs2CfPrbKcU
>>
>>63971429
>Episode VII comes out
>Suddenly /tv/ loves the prequels
>>
>>63971498
Oh and

>Sheev tells him that he has the power to save his wife
>later on he's screaming he has the power to save her because Windu is killing him
>Anakin steps in and saves Sheev
>Sheev tells him he doesn't even know the power
>I PLEDGE MYSELF TO YOUR TEACHINGS
>>
>>63971618
>>63971429
Found the redditor.
>>
>>63971341
When he kills Windu he cracks and realizes he fucked up hard.
>>
>>63971498
It wasn't rushed on that part. He's complacent in the death of the most important Jedi Master and 2nd highest ranking Jedi in the entire Order. The other top masters like Fisto, Tinn, and Kolar are also dead.

Do you think Yoda or Obi-Wan and the rest of the Jedi Order would've accepted his apologies that he struck off Windu's arm to prevent him from murdering the Supreme Chancellor who he was equally tricked by when Sidious was playing a lie to catch Windu offguard to kill him?

They wouldn't.

At that point Anakin was forced to make a choice: leave the Jedi and run away from all of it while hoping for the best to protect Padme and his unborn child or swear loyalty to the Sith and wipe out the Jedi who in either scenario were going to kill him.
>>
>>63971401
Still don't see it happening. He was ready to turn Sheev in tot he Jedi Order not a few hours ago and daze and shock just doesn't explain the 360 of his character.

>>63971695
All the more reason why he wouldn't do it.
>>
>>63971782

He doesn't even care about Padme. He goes on about his new Empire and how great of a society he is creating. Where did all of it come from?
>>
>>63971782
Yeah but they didn't show any inner turmoil at all. Like the choice is tough and most people probably would have just given in to self-pity or simple shock, but Anakin doesn't even get a reflection scene or anything.

though
>dat shot of anakin entering the jedi temple
>>
>>63971618

It's just a coincidence.
>>
>>63971841
>>63971893
He was warped by the Dark Side.
>>
>>63971893
He already said he wanted to make his own empire and shit on episode II.
>>
>Originals
Good memes
>Prequels
Top tier memes
>TFA
Shit tier memes

Thus prequels > OT > TFA
This isn't even up for debate btw
>>
>>63971893
>doesn't even care about Padme
"We don't have to run away anymore. I'm more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him! And together you and I can rule the galaxy!"

"Where is Padme? Is she alright? Is she safe?"

>>63971906
What about when he cries on Mustafar after killing the Japanese aliens?
>>
>>63961733
>old man who has been living in a desert shithole for 20 years fights a cripple who can't breathe properly
looks about right familia
>>
>>63961152
>Episode 2 was shot digitally in 1080p
what's wrong with that you fucking pleb?
>>
>>63971981

That's the best explanation under the circumstances. I wish The Force is explored more in the movies. I hold some hope that JJ comes up with new actual new material on the subject in Episode 8.
>>
>>63972121
>What about when he cries on Mustafar after killing the Japanese aliens?
bit late by then isn't it, he's already slaughtered his children and choked his bitch wife
>>
>>63972121
>Let's rule the galaxy Padme!
>no
>'force choking intensifies'

Such love
>>
>>63961733

It looks fine, does everything need to be flashy and dancy?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.