[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poe Dameron beaten up and tortured Finn got his ass kicked by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 14
File: rey-han.jpg (330 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
rey-han.jpg
330 KB, 900x470
Poe Dameron beaten up and tortured
Finn got his ass kicked by TR-8R, Kylo and tentacle monster almost ate him
Chewie got shot
Han Solo got impaled and died
BB-8 almost sold for parts
TR-8R died as a hero
Kylo Ren shot, cut, almost died
Captain Phasma got her ass kicked and trash compactored
Billions of people on Republic planets murdered

Rey not a scratch
>>
It's because they are protecting her smile
>>
>>63865266
She got kidnapped by Kylo Ren, was almost kidnapped by sand people, and started off poor, alone, and starving. Admit it, you just don't like female leads.
>>
Gets attacked by goons
Gets scared shitless by her mysterious visions when touching the lightsaber
Gets "frozen" by Kylo and gets knocked out
Gets mind raped
Gets force flung against a tree and knocked out
>>
>>63865453

Not.A.Scratch
>>
>>63865266
She got wrecked by Kylo twice. Had to be rescued by Finn and Han.
>>
>>63865480

>Gets attacked by goons
and kick their asses like a pro

>Gets scared shitless by her mysterious visions when touching the lightsaber
ooh spooky

>Gets "frozen" by Kylo and gets knocked out
not a scratch

>Gets mind raped
no really, Kylo tried, but she beat him without any training, thanks for reminding me

>Gets force flung against a tree and knocked out
yet still not a scratch
>>
>>63865517
Nope. Go watch the movie
>>
>>63865562
She did though.
>>
>>63865562
I did. Kylo paralyzed her with the Force and captured her. Then before the final fight he knocked her into a tree and had to be saved by Finn.

Watch the movie before making dumb threads, OP.
>>
>>63865266
VAGINA POWER
>>
>>63865266
Phasma is fine.
Otherwise she wouldn't be in the sequel.
>>
>>63865540
>and kick their asses like a pro
Because she has had to fend for herself for most of her life, she has learned self-defense and it took her a while to get rid of the two.

>ooh spooky
Mental/psychological anguish is pretty serious

>no really, Kylo tried, but she beat him without any training, thanks for reminding me
Way to infer about her backstory man, everyone and their grandmother knows she has had some sort of jedi training that she is unaware of. She was tapping into her abilities she didn't know sh had.

>yet still not a scratch
Ah yes, because blood and scars are the only signs of pain. Let's ignore the broken ribs and concussion she probably suffered from being flung into the tree.
>>
>>63865626
Showing a that scavenger knows self defence doesn't imply anything, all the main characters had anguish worse or as bad as her and also suffered worse consequences, there is nothing showing that she was trained, I wouldn't mind if she had beaten Ren purely with undirected force but I didn't like the sudden lightsaber proficiency. Most problems Rey faces she overcomes quickly and efficiently, and even if she does make mistakes, the consequences are no where are severe as for other characters.
>>
>>63865576
>Kylo paralyzed her with the Force and captured her.
But never got hurt her and never life was in danger there

>Then before the final fight he knocked her into a tree.
Which didnt hurt her in any way, after a minute she was healthy and kicking

>and had to be saved by Finn.
Not at all. Finn was fighting, because he wanted to fight and because Kylo basically challenged him there. This is not what "saving someone" looks like.
>>
>>63865752
So you want visible wounds? Blood and bones and shit? Because Luke didn't get any of that in ANH either. None of the cast did.
>>
She will inevitably lose her hand in Ep8.
>>
>>63865626
Let's ignore the broken ribs and concussion she probably suffered from being flung into the tree.

She was fighting, jumping and doing rolls with broken ribs? Now she sounds even more impossible. Thanks
>>
>>63865795
Every other character who seen some action in TFA had some though
>>
File: Daisy laughing at virgins.png (1 MB, 634x872) Image search: [Google]
Daisy laughing at virgins.png
1 MB, 634x872
>>63865266
>>
>>63865626
>she has learned self-defense

Probably also learned all by herself in 30 seconds right ?
>>
>>63865842
I'm sure she got a few ribs broken and a concussion after Kylo slammed her into that tree. Masturbate to that.
>>
>>63865869
why are you so mad /tv/ anon ?
>>
>>63865880
No, probably in the 10-15 years she was stuck alone on a hostile planet, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63865266

What an odd criticism to have of a movie.
>>
>>63865913
You realize he was being sarcastic?
>>
>>63865913
I guess these other scavengers who tried to take her must have lived in comford and fought first time in their lifes then.
>>
>>63865950
Doubt it. There are people on this board who legit can't understand how Rey can fight with a sword even though we saw she's skilled with melee weapons in the first 15 minutes of the movie.
>>
>>63865971
Those other scavengers didn't have the Force to draw on.
>>
>>63865991
>Being skilled with quarterstaff means you are master in using every single melee weapon
>>
>>63866019
How do you know ?
>>
>>63865991
It stretches the boundary of what is possible. And the complain isn't so much that she can use a sword that she was able to gain sufficient proficiency to overwhelm Ren. This just adds to the already long list of abilities that Rey has access to. The fact that Rey can quickly overcome her problems without consequences as severe as other characters just makes her character seem too perfect and thus boring. If this keeps up, any scene where Rey is in seeming danger will lack tension.
>>
>>63865991
>she's skilled with melee weapons

prove it.
>>
>>63866094
Luke got his fucking hand cut off in episode V, not to mention the whole force lightning torture deal.
Yet I wouldn't be surprised if Rey finished out the trilogy without suffering any kind of serious injury or physical pain, because it's bad business to hurt a woman on the big screen, especially a Strong Female Protagonistâ„¢.
>>
File: 1424530091756.jpg (20 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1424530091756.jpg
20 KB, 251x242
>disney crap spammed all day
>>
>>63865266
I love her expression conveying "please do you think a girl has a need for a phallic male object like a blaster? Being a woman gives me all the power that I need, you pathetic inferior male"
>>
>>63865887
>I'm sure she got a few ribs broken and a concussion after Kylo slammed her into that tree. Masturbate to that.

Again, if was fighting, jumping and doing rolls like that with broken ribs, it makes her even more unbelievable
>>
She got knocked against that tree pretty bad.
>>
>>63866146
Uh, the scene at the beginning where two dudes were trying to nab BB8, and she defeated them with a melee weapon?
>>
>>63866386
>She got knocked against that tree pretty bad.

Pretty bad ? Why do you think so? Of course if it was any other character they could have their spine in pieces. She was perfectly ok in seconds so I wouldnt say "pretty bad" qualifies
>>
>>63866451
Mild concussions can still have long term health effects even if victims don't suffer immediate symptoms.
>>
>>63866285
This.

While Star Wars as a series has some sort of raging hard-on for lobbing off hands, she's not going to get anything more than maybe a scar to show that she's "seen some shit". And it won't be anything more than maybe a 2" dash on her cheek that she's ashamed of.
>>
>>63866146
did you watch the fucking movie
>>
>>63866552

Possibly. I bet you all my money she wont have any effects and nowhere in future they will reference her being knocked agaisnt a tree though. She never even seemed like she has any concussion in the first place anyway.
>>
>>63866360
Not really, that's just typical action movie stuff.

>>63866061
>implying anyone ever said she was a master
>>
>>63866622
>typical action movie
Im glad we agree SW lived through another downgrade

>implying anyone ever said she was a master
If you seriously believe her being able to fight off two guys using her quarterstaff justifies her being skilled with a lightsaber she never held before enough to beat an experienced lightsaber fighter then yes, thats exactly what you are saying.
>>
my theory on why she beat up Kylo
>she's Luke's daughter
>she was trained by him along with Ben and younglings
>Ben went berserk and killed younglings, Luke managed to save only her, obviously no one kne she's his daughter
>hid her on Jakku
>exiled himself so Order wouldn't find out about her in case he would be captured and interrogated
>she beat up Ben because she was actually practicing as a kid + she's a midichlorian goddess
>>
>>63866765
If that was the case then why wouldn't Kylo Ben recognise her or comment at all?
>>
>>63866765
That doesnt add up. If Kylo and Rey knew each other they would have definetly say something and made it clear in the movie.
>>
File: 1438491456193.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1438491456193.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>63866765
I don't know what is worse. That this garbage is the best fans can come up with to explain a lazy script, or that it might actually be what's going to happen.
>>
>>63865453
>kidnapped
then got a power boost and rescued herself
>almost kidnapped by sand people
there are no sand people in the movie
>started off, poor, alone, starving
look at her, that's not what poor, starving people look like, pic related
>not like female leads
as long as they aren't a mary sue idc
>>
>>63866765

PLUS HE WAS SHOT IN THE GODDAMN CHEST WITH A BOWCASTER AND BLEEDING THE FUCK OUT

The answer to every "why did she beat Kylo?" post
>>
>>63866765
so, they're going to deus ex-machina a fan-fiction character into being even more over-powered by giving her super secret training and a lineage of "chosen ones"?

Next, you'll tell me the bad-guy is a mixed clone of Han, Luke, and Vader and wields a light-buster sword.
>>
>>63866851
Like how Luke and Leia knew they were siblings from the start as said in RotJ, but that didn't stop them from tongue-fucking in New Hope?
>>
>>63865619
Looks like the trash compactor of Death Stars and Starkillers aren't any good in destroying important stuff
>>
>>63866928

Why was he beating her before she had her little stupid zen moment then ?

Almost as if Kylo being injured was not a factor in the fight at all.
>>
>>63866987
kek

finally some decent answers
>>
>>63866839
>>63866851
Kylo is in his 30s, Rey is in her early 20s. There's no way he'd recognize her.
>>
Rey is chased down and subdued by Kylo.
>>
>>63867072
Thats interesting. The other day I met a guy I knew from kindergarten and had no problems recognizing him after 15years
>>
>>63866019
Wow, I guess Luke Must have drawn on the force his whole life, only though he didn't and that's not how the force is shown to work. At the very least you could use the force albeit unknowingly to not crash into a wall when you're moving at more than a hundred miles an hour but even in Anakin case it took years of pod racing and several wrecks before he was even able to do that. Rey is never shown or its never said she had to do any of that and yet, she dog fights the falcon flawless, gets captured only so she could Mary Sue her way out of it and takes Down an active force user who just earlier put a novice on his ass.

>>63866285
don't stress yourself. they're just in denial that Rey is Disney's knew Power Princess who can do no wrong and needs no one other than her tiara of might. what a shitty character she is.
>>
>>63867101
>Rey is chased down and subdued by Kylo.

That was hilarious, you can tell writers and JJ did everything in their power so Kylo can subdue her without ever touching her, so they are not accused of rape and other bullshit by SJWs
>>
>>63866765

Or maybe it's because Chewie shot the cunt in the gut?
>>
>>63866765
No, she beat up Ren because Jar jar and the rat wanted and OP power princess and tha's what they got. they're full of shit, all of them and her character comes across as unbelievable, to say the least. She has more plot armor than Craig's Bond and Liam Neeson CIA operative from taken 3.
>>
File: 1447342222271.gif (3 MB, 297x348) Image search: [Google]
1447342222271.gif
3 MB, 297x348
>>63867225
>rape
THAT'S ONE OF MY TRIGGER WORDS
>>
>>63867243
already debunked
>>
>>63867257
Shit Im so sorry, I didnt mean it. Are you going to be ok?
>>
>>63867263

Debunked how?
>>
File: 1449973413885.gif (980 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1449973413885.gif
980 KB, 245x245
>>63867291
as long as you don't say rape aga... I TRIGGERED MYSELF

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>63867020

He keeps hitting the wound to get angry, I guess like how fighters slap their faces to get riled up. But that only works for so long.
>>
>>63867263

>Debunked

Yeah he wasn't bleeding or anything. You're full of shit mate
>>
File: 1409409104534.jpg (936 KB, 1280x1853) Image search: [Google]
1409409104534.jpg
936 KB, 1280x1853
>>63867257
>>
>>63866731
>Kylo
>experience lightsaber fighter

lol
>>
>>63867206
>Wow, I guess Luke Must have drawn on the force his whole life

He did, you imbecile. That's how the Force works. The only reason Luke was such a good pilot was because he was unconsciously using the Force. Same with Anakin, he was so good as a racer because he had superhuman reflexes. Qui-Gon explains this.

I swear, you gypsies don't even watch the movies you talk about.
>>
>>63865266
She's the Adam Sandler of this movie.
>>
>>63867455
And in the case of Anakin he wrecked several pods before becoming good at it. so even then his force awareness training that he subconsciously did was met with a trial and error growth.

Not REY though. movie never indicates any of this and she's suddenly Ms Mary Sue for no good reason other than the rat wanted another Power Princess.
>>
>>63867336
>>63867360
Easy. He was beating Rey easily before she went into "feel the force" mode. Which means her immense power was the reason why she won, not his injury.

You dont have anything to disprove this.
>>
>>63867385
He was tought by Luke for years, calm your autism.
>>
File: Episode IX.jpg (126 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
Episode IX.jpg
126 KB, 500x416
>>
>>63867496
Yeah, no reason. Except, you know, the whole mysterious past thing.

Also, Anakin was 9 when he did something no human had ever done before. He also flew better than the Naboo veteran pilots, again only because of his insane connection to the Force.
>>
>>63867541
That doesn't mean he was good. We never see him defeat anyone, or fight against another Jedi. Plus his training was incomplete.
>>
>>63867589

Still means he was experienced which is was the point of the post so ..you gotta try harder.
>>
>>63867564
No, Anakin was subjected to extraordinary circumstances out of necessity and GREW into becoming a great pod racer. he wasn't immediately a pod racer, but grew into becoming one.

You can't latch on Rey's mysterious anything because the movie implys Ren was an active force user, so Rey's myserious training or lack there of which isn't even implied properly at all isn't real at all. You're not allowed to say she must have had some kind of training that aided her in out forcing an active force user. that's bullshit. only what's shown can be used and from what we've seen, Ren was active with the force whereas Power Princess Rey wasn't.
>>
>>63867589
Also the fact he ruined the academy and killed another students implies he was at least pretty decent fighter.
>>
>>63865266

>upset the girl didn't get visibly wounded in this movie
>even though she gets attacked, captured, tossed around, slammed against shit, threatened and mind tortured
>and she starts the movie abandoned and starving, living in squalor desperately waiting for something that will never happen

Boo fucking hoo. I wasn't aware it was mandatory for a character to literally bleed to be valid. I know you're enjoying disliking the movie and complaining about it, but do you really have to argue such pathetic points to do so? She experiences a great deal of anguish in this film, including dealing with the truth that no one is trying to find her, and the visible desperation she displays when asking Luke to train her to fight all the evil in the galaxy that she has seen which is clearly affecting her.
>>
>>63867589
he was trained by Luke and active with the force. he used the force to interrogate which means he probably did it often enough to become good enough to interrogate some one with it.

Rey comes out of left field having none of the above and is suddenly proficient for no good reason, at all.

>>63867680
my problem with her is that she's a mary sue. ren captures her but during the interrogation she's able to out force his telepathy? she's able to fly the Falcon in an active dog fight in the innards of the Falcon. it's never implied she'd flew dangerously with ships before so why the sudden mary sue ability?
>>
>>63867680
I think you missed the point of the post which was I believe the plottest of plot armors

>starving

and this meme needs to end. She was perfectly healthy and obviously fed well enough.
>>
>>63866094

A character who has lived in the desert for over a decade and who has had to be self-sufficient and capable of self-defense, which we are shown multiple times in the beginning, is very easy to believe as more capable than someone who didn't finish fighting school and who we have no evidence of ever being in a fight.
>>
>>63867722
>it's never implied she'd flew dangerously with ships before so why the sudden mary sue ability?
How old was Anakin when he was the best pilot in the galaxy, 9?
>>
>>63865807
>Let's ignore the broken ribs and concussion she probably suffered from being flung into the tree.
This happens quite a lot in sport. Not that I think she was injured due to plot armour, but if you took a step outside of your bedroom, you'd know more about this type of thing.
>>
>>63867680
The main characters have as much if not worse anguish. I just don't like how she can come up with skills to solve any problem for any situation, that even when she makes mistakes she doesn't suffer consequences as severe as the other characters. She doesn't develop her abilities, she just has them handed to her. She has a internal conflict, but this doesn't translate to character defects in the same way Finn's desperation and Kylo's unhinged emotions do. I like her character development, but as a character in a story she is too perfect and seeing her constantly resolve her problems quickly and efficiently just deflates tension.
>>
>>63865266
Did Anakin get beat up a lot?
>>
>>63867455
anikin never finished a race before.
>>
>>63867808
it doesn't matter how old he was. it was shown and said that he suffered several crashes before her got good at it. so it is the growth of a hero on the hero's joureny. Rey was suddenly good at everything for no good reason.
>>
>>63867800
Not finishing fighting school when you have Luke and Snoke as tutors doesn't mean he can't be skilled. Its easier to believe a force user who has been training for years, who has fought and defeated Jedi, and whom the movie has presented as a menacing threat, and who has been fighting rebels would be more skilled then a scavenger. It stretches the boundaries of believability where a scavenger
has more combat experience then a trained force user actively involved in war.
>>
>>63867939
>the force
>>
>>63867589
he beat han solo and finn

the fact we don't see him fighting anyone competent other then Rey the master of all things is another issue with the movie.
>>
>>63867800
>is very easy to believe
for you

Lets travel to Africa and find one person that can do at least half of similar things Rey can do.

We are looking person who lives alone and searches through trash for a living. A fighter who will be skilled with any weapon from a get go. Lets give them a rapier for example.
Someone who will be able to drive and repair old model cars and at the same time operate all the newest technology without any problems at all. Also must speak fluent english depsite everybody around him/her speak native.

Go
>>
>>63867819
nice projecting m80
>>
>>63867895
Yes actually, some asshole cut off his legs and let him burn to death
>>
>>63867987
anakin and luke and obi wan and every fucking jedi had the force and still fucked up

Ren has the force too, btw.
>>
There are alternatives they could have taken to make her seem less of a pussy power mary sue.

Others that do canon mind tricks
Qui-Gon - Jedi Master
Obi-Wan - Jedi Master
Anakin Skywalker - Jedi Knight
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
Now
Rey - Untrained scavenger who tried it for shits and giggles

Instead of the mind trick actually working she could have unlocked the shackles episode 3 style while the guard was in front of her talking shit about her powers, and killed/incapacitated him. Why did she need to master a highly skilled force power within hours of learning about the force? JJ could have done a 'wiggle your big toe' moment or something, to demonstrate how she's setting her mind to something. Instead it's a fucking joke that went too far.
>>
>>63867987
But he did not out force circumstance and became a pod racing god for no good reason. His mother said he smashed several pods, and he himself admitted in the many races he participated in he wrecked every pod. so it was a gradual growth.

Rey became proficient at everything she did and she wasn't even a character type like in Hanna where an Agent of a spook agency trained her in every conceivable form of combat and discipline. She's a scavenger who repairs the falcon even though it's never implied she fixed a similar anything like that before, then she flies it and in a dog fight through and obstacle course out flying trained empire pilots. She even handles it better than Han who owned it for decades. Luke himself knew nothing about the Falcon, but not Plot armored Mary Sue Rey though; the Rat's knew Princess of Power can do anything by the power of her feminist I mean vagina I mean femininity, having self given independence from the patriarchy.
>>
>>63867644
>You're not allowed to say she must have had some kind of training that aided her in out forcing an active force user
Oh thanks, mind police. Is this the part where you cover your ears and tell everyone who answers your questions that they're breaking 'the rules', just in order to remain confused and upset?

How about you grow a brain and notice that every single complaint you've spent this thread cooking up is actually evidence and proof that she has received those skills?

>she's good at fighting, what the hell!
She probably learned how to fight some time in her life
>she uses the force, can you believe this crap?
She probably was either taught how to use the force, has always been attuned to the force, or has been chosen by the force.
>but Kylo's supposed to be so strong!
He's not as strong as you think. He wants people to think he's strong, and he wants to believe he's strong, but he's not

Will you quit asking stupid questions and then saying the answers that explain them 'don't count' or 'are not allowed', you contrarian fuck?
>>
rag clothes gives you +100 more armor than mesh bikini.
>>
>>63867808
also, he wasn't. they called him the best out of circumstance. he hit the auto-pilot, called it pod racing, ended up inside the trade federation ship, hit a couple buttons like a downs kid, and ended up blowing it up.

if anything, R2-D2 should've had the credit for nearly every victory because he was on board for some reason on every ship that won AND integral in every ground mission through the entire series.

Face it, Rey is the new Anakin, except now audiences are accepting the fan-fiction level character.
>>
>>63868123
the force is supposed to balance good and evil, right?
It's logical that Ren would get less force than the woman jedi
>>
>>63867834
>She doesn't develop her abilities, she just has them handed to her.
Yeah, by the Force
Also she clearly has an unexplained last that she doesn't fully remember.
>>
>>63868218
this makes sense
>>
>>63867834
we have two more episodes to see, friend
>>
>>63868145
The problem with Rey is that she has so many abilities and so many characteristics that you could take any one of them like stick fighting and extrapolate it to justify anything she does. And the force is such a vague, undefined thing that it can be used to justify countless other abilities.

Other then Rey beating Ren, nowhere else in the movie is Ren portrayed as weak.
>>
>>63868238
"Thats not how Force works" - Han Solo
>>
looks like TFA is going to need some special editions.
>>
>>63868129
>Why did she need to master a highly skilled force power within hours of learning about the force?
To show that she was with the force.
Also how do you know mind tricking is a high level skill? And even so, what's wrong with a scene that shows a character is highly skilled with the force?

Are you guys really this pissy that the main character wins in this movie?
>>
>>63868238
I don't care if you can justify it with the force, I just find it boring that the force endows her with all the right abilities needed for the plot. The force could have enabled her to beat Ren, Snoke and the whole empire in the first minutes, that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>63868280
the force isn't vague; they're midichlorians.
>>
>>63866765
>she's Luke's daughter

How come nobody recognizes her?

Why wouldn't Han say something? Or Leia? How many girls live alone on Jakku, the planet where Luke for some inconceivable reason dumped his daughter and forgot about her? It makes no sense. Then again, this is Abrams. Logic is the last thing on his mind. It's all about delight. Fucking delight.
>>
>>63868145
Firstly I want to thank you for participating in this discussion today. Enough with the pleasantries, now, onto the responses.

>Oh thanks, mind police. Is this the part where you cover your ears and tell everyone who answers your questions that they're breaking 'the rules', just in order to remain confused and upset?
>How about you grow a brain and notice that every single complaint you've spent this thread cooking up is actually evidence and proof that she has received those skills?

So according to your logic, because we didn't see her gain said abilities or not gain said abilities she has a 60-90% chance of having said abilities because we never saw her, NOT learn said abilities.

By your logic, Leia should have been proficient enough in the force to yank Vader's saber from him because we've never seen Leia not train in the force so for all we know she should have been using the Force albeit latently at some point in her life on Aldaraan.

I'd go on but I'm sure you're seeing my point. Cinema is not an implied medium but a shown one. For instance, You can say Rey at some point spent time at a Jedi Academy so by said reasoning she was there so she must be proficient in the force. But then at some point Leia must have spent time at the same Academy and Ren must have spent time at the same academy, so by your reasoning, all of them should be at the very least, as proficient as Rey is. But that's not what is shown, is it?

>She probably learned how to fight some time in her life

That's not how film works though. We've seen dark lords with apprentices they usually have trained or taught something about said discipline at some point and we've Seen Snoke, the knew dark lord, talking To Ren, so by your reasoning Ren should be Snoke's apprentice or at the very least, dark side adept. And only because we've seen him with Snoke therefore he PROBABLY is a proficient dark side user, if not only good at it. we've never seen luke with Rey.
>>
>>63867146

wtf
>>
>>63868312
If they have the main character defeat every opposition with ease just to show she was strong with the force, would u not find that boring?
>>
>>63868312
>Are you guys really this pissy that the main character wins in this movie?
Well downgrading bad guys right in the first movie makes sequels less exciting, isnt it. Eighter way I think its more of a problem how and why she won.
>>
File: ANH.jpg (124 KB, 1332x788) Image search: [Google]
ANH.jpg
124 KB, 1332x788
>>63865918
This.
Anakin had it way easier in The Phantom Menace and Gary Stued himself trough the plot, but that is suddenly a better film than the Force Awakens because he wasn't black or a woman.
Luke had it way easier in A New Hope, but he didn't have a vagina, so nobody is mad.
/stormfags/ really are just the other side of the SJW coin.
>>
>>63867722

she got injured way more than luke did in ANH, you are stretching really far to justify your hatred of women bro
>>
>>63866390
That may imply she knows how to use a quarterstaff, not that she is skilled with melee weapons. I'm waiting for proofs
>>
>>63868280
Kylo is falling apart the whole movie. He says he's having serious trouble staying blocking out the light, he almost goes with Han when he says he's torn apart, the dude's not whole and he's not going to be as successful as someone like Rey who is, who actually has something worth fighting instead of just feelings of loneliness.

Ren is not stable. His power and confidence is a facade. It falls the fuck apart exactly at the same rate as the First Order's plans fall apart. Shit is not working for him and he's in denial. He's not strong or capable, he's a brat who threw a fit and killed some kids one time. None of his people respect him and his lightsaber isn't even well made. He has a few magic tricks which don't always work and require great focus. This 'Ren is a badass but I don't understand why he fails' meme needs to die.
>>
>>63868452
I must have missed the scene where little Ani kicked Darth Mauls ass, same for Luke and Death Vader. Are they in new special edition ?
>>
>>63868145

>She probably was either taught how to use the force, has always been attuned to the force, or has been chosen by the force.

That's why it's either due to sloppy writing or Disney wanting to create a new Power Princess who needs no man, that Rey can into force without the slightest hint of her gaining proficiency and or experience in anything.

by your reasoning, she could force levitate, force storm, force regenerate, force communicate, force foresee, force lightning, force jump, force run, force never sleep at all, force create life, and all because we've never seen her not learn any of the above? my god man, where do we draw the line and say bullshit?

the force would attune and choose her and give her power overwhelming and not give it to Yoda when he was facing the thing that was unbalancing the force?

No, Jar Jar and the Rat simply fucked it up, and you know it.

>He's not as strong as you think. He wants people to think he's strong, and he wants to believe he's strong, but he's not

not sure where you're going with that bit of retarded logic because he pulls out the most fucking powerful force move i've ever seen, he stops a bolt in mid, fucking, air!

Rey did nothing at all force related and nothing is shown of her using said force abilities at all, and you can't say, SHE MUST HAVE, she PROBABLY HAS AT SOME POINT IN HER LIFE. By your reasoning, Anakin Must have did a fuck tonne of things during the time skip. But that's never shown. what is shown is he's a good pilot and a proficient sword master, who gets beat down by a better swordsman. In fact, it shows conflict and constant war made Anakin more proficient at sword play and to the degree that he disarmed and beheaded Dooku. That's the heroes journey. Sadly however, Anakin lived long enough to see his hero become the villain. Rey however is powerful for no reason. She's a Mary Sue, pure and simple.
>>
>>63868312
I am a little pissy about the main character, I just think it's a little ridiculous making the character OP in everything she tries to do, and getting it right on the first go.

If they had less instances of her doing everything right, people would feel like she's less of a mary sue.
>>
>>63868474
a quarterstaff is a melee weapon, you fucking mongoloid fuck
>>
>>63868473
Not him, but Rey didnt get injured anywhere in the movie. She is perfectly healthy all through out the story.
>>
>>63868517
Being emotionally unstable doesn't mean he isn't' skilled or dangerous. He's been presented as dangerous throughout the whole movie, his force powers are shot and presented in a threatening manner, nothing implies that he only killed kids, he defeated every main character besides Rey, his power is explicitly stated. He isn't a badass but the movie clearly presented Ren as a legitimate threat, he only seems like a loser because Rey somehow defeated him.
>>
>>63868218
>>63868264
That's fucking bullshit of the highest order. The force could not stop Sheev from drawing on the dark side. In fact the force knew the only way Sheev could have been stopped was if Sheev was doing exactly what he was doing, fucking Luke over while lowering his guard on Anakin.

Sheev knew Mace would out saber him but was okay with it because he FORE SAW, Anakin cuttting off Mace's hand. Sheev power was his foresight. he foresaw things. That's why he was so dangerous, he both foresaw things and never slept. he was strong enough to take on the strongest force user and over come him not in a saber duel but with force ability alone. Had Sheev used his force powers on Mace, Mace would have lost, but, he wouldn't be seen as hopeless to an undecided Anakin.

>>63868452
i must have missed the scene where Anakin killed darth Maul. Yeah, no. Anakin wrecked SEVERAL FUCKING PODS BEFORE HE GOT GOOD AT IT. Both he his mother and his boss said he wrecked several fucking pods, were it REY though.

She would have flew the first pod out, won the race, fought Maul, and whooped his ass.

you're reaching and that's bullshit.
Anakin is said to have gotten good at Pod Racing. Even Obi wan felt it was a bad idea to trust in a kid who never, ever in all the time he pod raced, finished a race. it shows growth, it shows growth of the hero on the hero's journey.
Rey is the Rat's knew power princess and that's why unlike Anakin she didn't suffer trial and error or isn't at all like LUKE who had to depend on the help of his friends time and time again to survive. Rey is so fucking powerful for no reason, and that's why she's so fucking Over Powered---she's a marketing ploy to get girls into buying into star wars because at the moment those girls account for less than 25% of the fan demographic. The Rat is a cold calculating business guru.
>>
>>63868517
and yet he KO's Finn. Were that the case then the trained soldier Finn should have taken him down. but that woudln't fit in with the Rat and Jar Jar's knew Power Princess line of toys and merchandise, now would it.
>>
>>63865266
>implying Rey didn't have her ass-hole and pussy stretched
>implying she wasn't bleeding from being BLACKED
>>
>>63868706
Are you kidding me ? How could you not realize these
>>63868218
>>63868264
are just a fucking sarcasm poking at SJW standarts
>>
>>63868520
they will be, to cover this mary sue shit, expect the Rat and Jar Jar to create something and say, "see, Luke and Ani did it first."
>>
>>63865540
By those examples, anyone that didn't die, didn't get a scratch.

Poe was absolutely fine after being kidnapped.

Chewie was absolutely fine after being shot

etc etc.

Why don't you like female leads? Are you a fag or something?
>>
File: 1431661469949.png (208 KB, 266x405) Image search: [Google]
1431661469949.png
208 KB, 266x405
>>63865266
>I hate women

Me too!
HA HA HA HA HA
NICE MEME FAGGOT
Upvoted :^)
>>
>>63865266
She got plenty of scratches during the movie. You need to pay more attention dumbass.
>>
>>63868747
You might be onto something, but is it also the reason for her new superpowers ?
>>
File: 1448852450705.gif (646 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1448852450705.gif
646 KB, 200x153
>>63865266
>woman

THIS TRIGGERS ME! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!
>>
>>63868768
Why dont you like female leads?
>>
>>63868754
bullshit. the force never once used any means to stop an active user than simply leading a person into the right circumstance to deal with said, problem maker. it lead Anakin to where he was in order to topple Sheev because the way Anakin toppled Sheev is the only way Sheev could have been toppled. Sheev may have not been as proficient with a saber, but his force mastery was second to none. Had he unleashes his force mastery on Mace, Mace would have lost, he did it to Yoda and Yoda decided to run knowing that he could not topple Sheev's raw power.

Rey being a girl means naught a fuck because that didn't matter at all in any of the previous film. Effort and time leads to mastery of the force, not Gender equality. I know you're trolling but still.
>>
>>63868392
>So according to your logic, because we didn't see her gain said abilities or not gain said abilities she has a 60-90% chance of having said abilities because we never saw her, NOT learn said abilities.
She has these abilities when she uses them, therefore she has them. It doesn't matter how she got them, when uses them she has them. I'm not saying every time something isn't shown then it must have happened, I'm saying that if something happens, then it's prerequisites, whatever they may be, must have happened. We haven't been shown that Rey hasn't been trained in the past, we haven't been shown that her life experience certainly doesn't equip her to use the force, and we also haven't been told the force is incapable of affecting people without formal Jedi or Sith training. And what's this about percents? Either it happened or it isn't and the fact that Rey can use the force well means certainly that whatever is required for a person to do so, she has done and is doing. You don't have to learn the force in a classroom, that's a big point here, and is a part of why the character is written this way.

>By your logic, Leia should have been proficient enough in the force to yank Vader's saber from him because we've never seen Leia not train in the force so for all we know she should have been using the Force albeit latently at some point in her life on Aldaraan.
What the hell is this? If Leia did that then we would know she had those abilities. If she uses that ability, then she has it. Simple. She doesn't so we don't have to know that she does. Just because one character uses the force without on-screen formal training does not mean every character can. But if Leia did use the force, then yes we would assume she had the ability to use the force.

Rey must have whatever it takes to use the force, because she uses the force. Comprende familia?
>>
>>63868768
>>63868813
samefagging doesnt help anyone, cmon
>>
>>63868417
They didn't defeat the opposition with ease, they struggle the whole movie to defeat the order and they still lost an entire solar system as well as Han
>>
>>63868763
And yet Rey was in the forefront of all the bad things just about and left unscathed. Both Luke and Anakin lost limbs. but whatever.

>>63868788
Against a proficient saber duelest, she should have got more than a few scratches: against a guy who on film, STOPPED A FUCKING BOLT IN MID AIR. she should have gotten more than a few scratches and suffered the same fate Finn did. But not Jar Jar and the rat's knew power princess, not their marketing ploy!
>>
>>63868907
>And yet Rey was in the forefront of all the bad things just about and left unscathed. Both Luke and Anakin lost limbs. but whatever.

Both in the 2nd episode they were in you fucking retard.

But whatever.
>>
>>63868706
>he both foresaw things and never slept
>never slept

What?
>>
>>63868883
>they still lost an entire solar system
to be fair movie kinda did a shitty job at making it significant

>as well as Han
this could have been done better aswell imo. Little scene during the attack on that scum den where Han and Ben meet and to each other, possibly Ben trying to kill his dad but loosing his inner fight to light and leaving him alive would have made the final scene more emotional.
>>
File: itsallogrenow.jpg (17 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
itsallogrenow.jpg
17 KB, 273x185
>>63868856
>She has these abilities when she uses them, therefore she has them. It doesn't matter how she got them, when uses them she has them.

>Rey must have whatever it takes to use the force, because she uses the force. Comprende familia?

My sides are in orbit! it's all ogre now!
>>
>>63868977
NO, LUKE and ANAKIN faced off against proficient sword users and got fucked over! it's not the movie they were in but the circumstance they underwent, of which was them versus active force users.

ALTHOUGH REN IS CONSIDERABLY BETTER AT THE FORCE THAN EITHER ANTAGONIST BECAUSE HE STOPPED A FUCKING BOLT IN MID, FUCKING, AIR.

Vader deflected one, but stopped one in mid air? No he didn't. so Ren was a bit better at it than Vader was, wouldn't you say? Of course you'd say no because you're hopped up on the Rat's and Jar Jar's cock at the moment.
>>
>>63868987
Sheev don't sleep plus he's blessed with foresight. he's really good at foresight too.

the novella that George wrote and a novelist placed in novel forms says as much but that's probably before your time. we're talking about the Prequel films where George said every novel he wrote and then hired some one to put in novel form.

In Sheev's inner monologue goes on about how he doesn't sleep and has mastery of foresight. he literally saw everything that happened before it did.
>>
>>63869123
Then why did he lose? Genuinely curious. Did they Deus ex it or is it a good reason
>>
Hey guys, OP here. I see you've been busy so thanks for your participation. Im leaving for now, so feel free to do so aswell and move your pointless arguements to some other SW shit thread. See you all loosers later.
>>
>>63869242
he lost because vader was a hopeless lap dog who he thought he'd broken. vader began to feel for his son and sheev couldn't either see it or understand what love was, especially one of a parent for a child. the force foresaw the only way to stop sheev was the way it was done.

Sheev literally let his guard down because he saw vader as a non issue.
>>
>>63869612
But I thought he saw everything before it happened. Seems lazy.
>>
>>63869635
you have a beaten old slave who does everything for you for years and years and years. it's rather easy to stop thinking of him as an actual threat because he's your beaten down slave.

Vader was really he lousy weak damaged henchman who obeyed Sheev for 20 plus years unquestioningly.
>>
>>63865804
How much do you wanna bet that she won't?
>>
You have a problem with the independent strong white woman, shitlord?
>>
>>63865869
She looks bizarre...nice facial structure, but she looks entitled as hell.
>>
File: milibanter.jpg (89 KB, 634x590) Image search: [Google]
milibanter.jpg
89 KB, 634x590
>can pilot the millennium falcon better than experienced pilots
>has better force abilities than kylo ren who has been trained since childhood by Luke Skywalker
>able to perform jedi mind tricks without even knowing if they really exist or not
>can easily withstand kylo rens mind torture despite it absolutely wrecking poe
>better than storm troopers with a blaster

>saves Finn multiple times
>saves BB8
>saves Han and Chewie (albeit by accident)
>saves HERSELF

IS
THERE
ANYTHING
SHE
CAN'T
DO?
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.