[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you concisely (here meaning under 200 words) explain why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Prequel Trilogy.jpg (60 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Prequel Trilogy.jpg
60 KB, 600x300
How do you concisely (here meaning under 200 words) explain why these movies suck?
>>
I like them. What now, faggot?
>>
>>63854958
Obviously if you don't think that they suck, you need not apply. It's a commonly held viewpoint.
>>
A glib facsimile.
>>
>>63854919

Pottery.
>>
Everything about them is complete irredeemable trash except for the atmosphere and comfiness.
>>
>god-awful use of CGI for absolutely everything makes it all look fake and badly dated
>convoluted nonsensical politics plot
>story is about the main character's fall to the dark side but he is a 100% happy go lucky kid in the first movie and then suddenly an angsty teen in the next two who gets tricked by the most obvious manipulator in cinema history
>things that were once mysterious and cool like yoda and lightsabers and force lighting are now just other CGI elements to be spammed onto the screen in generic action scenes
>>
They're directed poorly. The characters have no spark or emotion, and when there is it's completely un-relateable (Anakin). Most scenes feel like filler set pieces and don't contribute much to the plot or any kind of meaningful message.
>>
>>63854919
I'll take the b8. I don't hate them all the way through, but there are a few things that really hurt them. Poor writing is the biggest problem. The dialogue is much worse/more cringeworthy than anything in the OT, it leads to a lot of moments that take you out of the film. The characters are very flat, everybody delivers their lines with the same cadence, they lack personality. Those are the biggest reasons for me. Less important is the heavy reliance on CGI that just hasn't held up a decade later, the environments look kinda shitty now.

And I suppose Jar-Jar and young Anakin were misfires as well. They make Episode I annoying to watch.
>>
They don't even work as movies, much less as Star Wars movies. No character has any motivation that makes sense, plot inconsistencies are either left blatantly unexplained or explained in a way that makes the characters look retarded, and the dialogue is just boring hackneyed garbage. It's fucking amateur hour: the trilogy. Only 3 is even moderately decent, but it's still way too obsessed with flashy visuals and never takes any time to make the audience give a shit.
>>
Worst on-screen romance, I mean holy shit the chemistry was nonexistent.
>>
>>63854919

They managed to make Academy Award winners and nominees look like they've never acted a day in their lives.

Ewan McGregor is the only redeeming factor in any of those films.
>>
>>63854919
I like 3 and dont care to much for 1 and 2 equally
>>
>>63855288
I dont like sand. Its course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
>>
It was a glib facsimile
>>
The Phantom Menace wasn't that bad. A little cheesy, but quaint, with a memorable character and final fight scene and some fun parts.

The Attack of the Clones, Christensen's acting is concrete, the script is bad and disjointed, no chemistry, there are some plot holes, but the battle scenes are fantastic. I just re-watched this one for the first time today since I was a kid and never realized quite how bad the dialogue was but it was clear now.

I haven't rewatched the 3rd yet but if I remember correctly the acting is better and the drama is intense so it's the best of the 3 and a solid film. Watching it again tomorrow. I had a boy crush on Natalie Portman and hated life when Anakin force choked her in RotS since I also saw a bit of my edgy self in Anakin.
>>
>>63855430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
>>
>>63856060
>expecting a someone with no sexual experience and probably never had a real friendship with a girl (due to Jedi commitments) to immediately effortlessly be Cassanova

Anikan in AotC was basically like the average 4chan user - romantically inexperienced and dropped his spaghetti around attractive women who he liked.
>>
>>63854919
It's actually the funniest trilogy. Every joke ewan makes is priceless. Hayden could have acted better, his delivery was cringy at times.
The bar scene in Episode II had great visuals and atmosphere pretty much one of the highlights in the trilogy

Pros:
Qui-gonn
Obi wan
C3PO
R2D2
Podracing
Jango
Prime Hershlag
Prime Keira
Space Battles
Lightsaber Fights
Mace
Palpatine

Cons:
Everything else
>>
>>63856569
John Williams' score was also top-notch
>>
i can't they're actually pretty good with the exception of clones however i could give you a fucking essay on how bad TFA sucks
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.