[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PROS: >Finn is great >BB8 is more likeable than R2D2 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: star_wars_wallpaper_4.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_wallpaper_4.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
PROS:
>Finn is great
>BB8 is more likeable than R2D2 and C3P0 combined
>Chewbacca going beast mode
>They had the balls to kill Han Solo
>Great effects and visual design philosophy
>Lightsaber combat struck a good balance between the styles of the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy
>Quips are amusing enough to not be irritating
>'That's not how the force works!'
>Well shot and well acted for the most part
>Pilot guy is pretty cool, has potential

CONS:
>Kylo Ren is a pathetic whiny faggot, but everyone still thinks he's hot shit for some reason
>Rey is the mother of all mary sues and isn't charismatic enough for that to be acceptable
>Movie was an almost beat-for-beat rip off of A New Hope
>New Death Star because original ideas are hard
>The rebels still being rebels even though they won the war, invalidating the entire struggle of the original trilogy
>Luke's dopey ass three minute stare at the end
>Played too safe
>Snoke is an absolutely retarded name for a big bad guy
>Rey more concerned about someone holding her hand than her imminent death
>Jakko is indistinguishable from Tattooine
>Rey closes her eyes for a solid 30 seconds during a lightsaber duel, Kylo Ren makes no attempt to capitalize on this and just stands there like a fucking pleb
>Distractingly formulaic

Overall, 7/10.
Bumped up to an 8 if Episodes VIII and IX are original stories that don't just retread the originals, bumped down to a 6 if not.

Agreed?
>>
i didn't really like Driver's performance either but i kinda enjoy the idea of an angsty teen sith in training over a generic evil supervillain
>>
Why would I agree with someone that doesn't even have his own opinion?
>>
Dixie Ripley was my favorite character.
>>
>>63785673

>rebels still being rebels even though they won the war

they only won the battle of endor and destroyed the death star..even though the emperor died, there's still a chain of command so the empire just reformed under snoke's leadership
>>
>>63785673
Furiosa is the true mother of all mary sues but aside from that I agree on all points.
>>
>>63785945
Furiosa got her shit beat in at least a couple of times. Rey is untouchable.
>>
I thought Kylo Ren being a little bitch showed just how desperate the sith are to regain their power. It seems like Snoke just said "that guys related to Vader let's try and get him" solely because he has the force and not because he's supposed to be some big scary villain.
>>
>>63785966
She'd have gotten assblasted if Kylo Ren wasn't so overconfident in his skills. Hux even says this when they comment about Kylo not leaving with BB-8 when they had the chance.
>>
>>63785673

One of the cons for me was the fact that the studio and media went way out of their way to hype up Brigitte Nielsen v2.0 from GoT being in the movie. She MAYBE had five minutes of total screen time if that and never did anything truly memorable other than get caught by Han and Finn. During the entire lead up to this movie, I swear I saw at least one article a day about "Gwendoline Christie is in Star Wars!" to the point that I thought she was going to end up being like the new Boba Fett or something. I FUCKING HATE STUDIO PSUEDO-HYPE
>>
>>63786374
>I thought she was going to end up being like the new Boba Fett or something.
I'm 99% sure she's gonna end up being exactly like Boba Fett in Episode VIII. The story may have been stretched too thin to give her any meaningful actions this time, but now that everyone's established, I think we'll get a scene with her fighting Finn later on, which should be cool.
>>
The movie is a 0/5. Awful editing/action scenes, zero gravitas. no attempts at emotional resonance ring true, because they feel like they popped off an assembly line in a nerd's basement. kylo ren is a cartoon, and has zero of the imposing nature of his idol. like a failed pilot episode of a star wars spinoff, this is a joke.
>>
>>63785673
I like how kylo is a fucking obsessive fucked up guy.
>>
>>63785673
>even though they won the war,
clearly they hadn't.
>>
>>63786077
she could have, but she didnt. She's still a massive mary sue because that didnt happen.
>>
>they had the balls to kill han solo
Killing a well liked side character is Hollywood standard procedure for drama value.
Hardly a ballsy move.
>>
Why the hell is Rey such a gigantic Mary Sue tough?

>Skinny orphan who lived her entire life on some backwater desert planet
>Formidable fighter who easily dispatches several muscular crooks trying to steal BB-8
>Master pilot even tough she's never flied and manages to outmaneovuer the much more advanced Tie Fighters in the Millenium Falcon (which should be extremely outdated by now)
>Expert mechanic, manages to fix some shit in the Millenium Falcon that even Han didn't know even tough he's had it for several decades
>Manages to use the force to mindcontrol the Stormtrooper right away without any training whatsoever
>Manages to beat Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel even tough Kylo's got training from Luke and Rey's never touched a lightsabre

Did I miss anything?
>>
>balls to kill han solo
Well it's pretty easy when the actor refuses to do another movie
>>
>>63786834
There's no reason, she's just a shit character.
Although to her credit, the muscular crooks were unarmed and she had a staff.
>>
Found the 16 year old capeshitter 2bh
>>
>>63786834
her milichlorian levels are off the charts senpai
>>
>They had the balls to kill Han Solo
That's not really a positive on the movie's part. Harrison Ford didn't want to play Han Solo anymore. He wanted to be killed off so that he wouldn't have to be involved in any more Star Wars shit.

It's a shame because this was probably his best acting in a long time, but whatever, nigga just wants to live off royalties.
>>
What if Rey keep growing in power, and ultimately is consumed by it and in the end she's the main bad guy in Episode 9 and the now good Kylo has to stop her?

Oh who am I kidding Disney would never have the balls to do something like that
>>
>>63787024

;^)

I like this tbhwyf
>>
>>63787014
Harrison Ford wanted Han to die for good after being frozen in the originals. I'm pretty sure he thinks a climactic death is what's best for the Han Solo character, rather than just not wanting to be in the movies anymore because he's lazy or something.
>>
>>63787024
That would sound interesting and different so no way disney would do that.
>>
Harrison Ford has wanted Han to be killed off since fucking Empire. He probably wouldn't have done Awakens if Han wasn't killed off in the movie or was written to have died of old age.
>>
>>63787024
If Rey ever became evil the good guys would be fucked since she's the best in the galaxy at everything.
>>
>>63786834
I don't find it very hard to accept it. Barely any Jedi left in the universe. Presumably shit loads of Sith or whatever they are called now. The Force is about balance and all that crap. She is restoring balance. Same way Anakin brought down the Jedi who were dominating.
>>
>Luke trains Rey and Kylo
>Kylo becomes evil
>Luke fears Rey will do the same because apparently Skywalkers are inherently drawn to the dark side or something
>wipes her memory using Force Memory Wipe and sends her off to Not Tatooine
>Luke fucks off to become the new Yoda

bravo, you fucking hacks
>>
>>63787189
>Presumably shit loads of Sith or whatever they are called now
rule of two
>Same way Anakin brought down the Jedi who were dominating.
Anakin fought one Jedi and lost. The clone troopers killed the rest of them.
>>
File: vict.jpg (2 MB, 900x1305) Image search: [Google]
vict.jpg
2 MB, 900x1305
>>63786834
Pretty much this.

Also the amount of people spouting
>OH WE DONT KNOW HER PAST
>OH WE DONT KNOW ADSFASDFFASD

Thats really fucking bad storytelling. There is nothing WRONG with Mystery in a story but when almost EVERYTHING is left unexplained because
>OH IT WILL BE EXPLAINED LATER
They just fucking ensured you'll pay for the next movie.

This movie was -fun-, but story wise it sucked ass.

>Who the FUCK is snoke.
>Why is Han's son so fucking angsty
>Luke trains a bunch of new jedi, it fails, one of them goes on to murder BILLIONS and he just sits back
>Rey being utterly god-tier at fucking EVERYTHING.

What surprised me the most is how FINN seemed to the best damn character out of everyone with progression and arcs. Certainly not what I was expecting.

I wouldn't have any qualms with all this if it was at least explained.

Did 'A New Hope' leave people with so many questions after its first showing?
>>
>>63785673
You have to be a special kind of retard to not understand why Kylo Ren is a pathetic whiny faggot and why it makes him such a great character.
>>
>>63787116
I'm sure he was bitching about it all the way to the bank.

What IS it with people who play iconic characters? Just accept the world loves you.
>>
>>63785673
My problem with Finn boils down to 2 things:

-His sole purpose is to be the foil to Rey; be a more inexperienced Han Solo to the inexperienced gender-swap Skywalker. I can tell he's gonna be the smuggler character. That isn't much of a bugbear if not for the second thing...

-Boyega's acting is a lot to be desired. The reason Han works is because Ford has enough charisma to make a sweet-talking rouge believable and in some respects admirable. Boyega's only lines that weren't delivered stammering and him screaming were in the cantina and when he was giving the plans for the deathstar.
>>
>>63786834
You forgot:

Implied to be a Skywalker. Them midiclorians.
>>
>>63786834
I agree with you on everything except beating Kylo Ren. Kylo is a total bratty faggot who thinks he's way better than he really is, so he let his ass get beat because he wasn't expecting this girl to actually be able to do anything. You're so fucking right about all the mechanics shit though, like how the hell does she know all that shit? They better fucking explain it in a later movie.
>>
>>63787024
In the last fight it seemed like she was using her anger to fight kylo with the way she swung her saber and the way she walked around him while he was down. Or it could have just been bad acting...
>>
>>63787253
Having rabid fans is never a good thing.
>>
>>63787244
No one wanted JJ's take on how to do Anakin Skywalker.

No one wanted to see old asthma-mask again. And now we get another one probably.
>>
>>63786792

>Han Solo
>Side character

Are you this retarded? You can have more than one main character. Star Wars is just as much about Han aiding the rebellion as it is Luke training and confronting Vader.
>>
File: 800.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
800.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>63785673
>>BB8 is more likeable than R2D2 and C3P0 combined
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>63787311
SHE SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM THEN

CHRIST ITS THIS SCENE ALL OVER AGAIN.
>>
>>63786834
Doesn't the force make your very quick to adapt and learn?

I mean it is a very "it,'s the force I ain't gotta explain shit" but considering all you can do with the force it would make some sense that someone with raw force power could be this good even without experience.

I mean anakin won a pod race and destroyed a major battle shipnat like 8 years old
And Luke was a pretty impressive pilot (especially considering his aunt and uncle prolly tried to prevent him from doing anything that would develop his force skills since how anakin turned out)
>>
>>63786374
She's literally Boba Fett

>kickass armour
>almost no lines
>helps further the plot and then gets tossed down a pit
>has a badass vibe probably because chrome armour
>cool armour
>action figures on the way
>has armour and it is cool
>armour

You've got to have one of these characters, it's tradition.
>>
>>63787256
the phrase is "leaves a lot to be desired". good points though. finn reminds me of the sort of characters you see on nickelodeon: the bumbling, awkward idiot who nonetheless gets his way via luck or some hidden area of expertise. think drake from drake and josh. there's probably a well-defined name for this sort of role but I'm a movie casual.
>>
>>63787421
You can make up all sorts of bullshit on why she's so great.

The fact that she's so fucking great is why the character is flawed, where's the struggle?
>>
>>63787210
>rule of two
Except when Rey Touched the Lightsaber she sees a battlefield scene where there are a hudle of sith the only ones left standing. Group of six maybe, thats more then two. They explicitly never call themselves sith maybe the First Order got rid of the rule of two.

Anakin went to the Jedi Temple and killed the Jedi there, younglings and Jedi Masters. That is bringing down the Jedi and restoring balance if you ask me.
>>
Did anyone else really love the Stormtroopers in these?

They were much cooler than in the OT and had tons of personality. Highlights being the guy with the riotgear and the two guys talking about a spaceship or blaster or something

>The new model doesn't live up to the expectations
>Not one bit
>>
>>63787314
They've shown before that the more powerful someone is, the more easy it is to be super Force bipolar and give in to the dark side, since you can feel how powerful it makes you. She was mad as fuck and started going ham on gothboy and I think it was clear that she was channeling some dark side rage without understanding what that was. I assume that when she trains with Luke on Dagobah they'll go over this,
>>
>>63787500
troopers also talked about mundane shit in the OT, mainly in a new hope.
The trooper baton thing was way overdone.
>>
>>63786792
Harrison Ford has said for the last 20 years that he would only come back if they killed off his character.
>>
>>63786374
She is exactly like Bobba. Insignificant character with a cool armor design.
>>
File: a-young-Boba-Fett.jpg (10 KB, 294x357) Image search: [Google]
a-young-Boba-Fett.jpg
10 KB, 294x357
>>63787433
I have a feeling that eventually

We'll see Finn's heritage and discover he was a kidnapped mandalorian child. I thought it was weird they gave him the 3-claw logo of the mandalorians his first battle. He obviously has the skin tone.
>>
>Chewbacca going beast mode
>Well shot and well acted for the most part

Did we watch the same movie?
Wookies can tear limbs appart effortlessly, Han has been his friend for more than 30 years and the only things he does is shooting his blaster, which he already did before (but while screaming!). That's hardly beast mode.
And it was pretty badly acted overall, even from the senior actors like Han or Leia. Don't get me started on shots, all those short cuts to characters reacting to current action became pretty annoying quickly. Or that helicopter shot during the last thing, what the hell.

It was ok and fun, but I can't help myself feeling disappointed in the end
>>
>>63787500
I love that the:

SJW captain chrome got literally dumpster'ed
>>
File: 0pUImcL.jpg (250 KB, 1280x998) Image search: [Google]
0pUImcL.jpg
250 KB, 1280x998
>>63787500
>Two troops turn down a corridor where Ren is having a hissy fit and chucking stuff around
>Look at eachother then swiftly turn back around
Riot Guy was a fucking Saint too.
>>
>>63786374
If you ever saw any of the original trilogy, you'd know she was just like Boba Fett, she had like ten lines and maybe 2 minutes of screen time.
>>
>>63787311
Why didn't Ren just freeze both of them and chop their heads off without a fight?
>>
>>63787417
It's against the Jedi code.
>>
Harrison Ford wanted to have Han dead in Jedi, but Lucas is a tard who avoids anything hardcore.
>>
>>63786834
She lives alone, so she learned how to fight.

She was a raider, collecting junk and fixing them.

New about a recent modification done on the millenium falcon, because her boss did it and not Han.

They outdid the jedi stuff, though
>>
CON:
Chewie didn't get to say goodbye to Han.
:(
>>
>>63787226
>Did 'A New Hope' leave people with so many questions after its first showing?

Yes. Yes it did.
>>
>>63787417
Did you even see the movie? The ground split before she had the chance.
>>
>>63787715
Like what
>>
>>63785673

The movie was exactly episode 4s story. "hey guys its a death star but just bigger lol.

Leia even managed to joke that they should just blow it up like they do every single time
>>
>>63787592
I agree with you on the helicopter shot at the end that felt out of place and a bit wank, coupled with Luke not saying anything before hand really left a sour note in my mouth.

Also I feel as if Chewbacca dealt with it all pretty calmly considering how he reacted to Finn trying to help his arm earlier. He roared a bit shot his blaster and that was it. I was honestly expecting him to start going ape on the storm troopers making his way to Kylo Ren and run along the gantry only to be slowly brought down by concentrated storm trooper fire (just so they could hit something) and be finished off nonchalantly by Kylo Ren. But then I guess they wouldn't have had anyone to fly the Falcon at the end to pick those guys up.
>>
>>63787433
you can't mass produce a boba fett.
>>
Why the FUCK is no one mentioning how fucking god awful Carrie Fisher was in the movie?

She was the only really bad thing about it. She's ugly as fuck, talks like she had a stroke and has the range of a fucking robot.

I mean shit at least try, Harrison Ford was great. And even Hamill was a better actor without speaking any lines.

Fucking drug addict bitch
>>
>>63787024
Wouldn't that just be the prequels all over?
Would've been more interesting if Luke went to the darkside.
>>
Even though it has been established that she knew how to fight before, she still should have lose against Kylo.
He already lost a lot of his character when he took off the mask, but now he just look pathetic.
Since Snoke is hardly a good vilain and Plasma Trooper is a fucking joke, we have nobody serious against them now.
>>
Liked Finn and Poe; watched the German translation, maybe they just had the right voices - in contrast to Kylo.
Sounds worse than Anakin. WTF.
Rey is cute, but cuter is BB8. Very kawaii movie desu~
>>
The Good
-Return of Han and Chewie. I could tell that Lawrence Kasden wrote the bulk of the dialogue in the freighter sequence re-introducing Han and Chewbacca. This was the best part of the entire movie by far. It was playful and fun with smugglers and monsters, scum and villainy.

-Maz Kanata's castle. The scene started out great, a worthy successor to Mos Eisley cantina and Jabba's Palace. I don't recall a scene like this in the prequels with a bunch of aliens hanging out in a bar-type setting, but it's a highlight of Star Wars and while this is not quite on their level it's still good.

-Seeing the broken down AT-AT Rey called home.

The Bad
-Whiny Kylo Ren. Clearly he inherited his temper tantrums from his granddaddy. God it was stupid watching him slam his lightsaber down like an angry child with a baseball bat destroying things because he didn't get a cookie. And they did the scene not once, but twice. He is not an interesting villain. The setup for his character is poor (but I'll get to that later) and his motivation is preposterous. Why did he turn to the Dark Side? Unexplained. I'm guessing Luke told him about Anakin's fall and that's who the kid decided he wanted to emulate even though his living family (Uncle Luke, Mommy Leia, and Poppa Han) triumphed over Vader and the Emperor and thus you'd think they provide a better example, but hey, this trilogy apparently needed to copy the original by having a father-son, light/dark divide and it would have really killed them to create a new character for that to happen.

>cont
>>
File: 275px-Darkempirei.jpg (30 KB, 275x413) Image search: [Google]
275px-Darkempirei.jpg
30 KB, 275x413
>>63787825
Cant have that. Deathstar'ed the EU.
>>
>>63787800
lol, she looked like a Jim Henson muppet. They tried their best to doll her up and make her look human-esque but you can tell she was gone off those Xans.
Both Ford and Fisher were looking flabby and sick in this movie, though.

Shouts out to the niggas from the Raid being in this movie for all but 20 seconds.
>>
>>63787867
-Starkiller Base. I have a lot of gripes about this wretchedly inane plot point but I will put them all here under a single bullet. First, I get that if you're going to make a new Death Star it has to be more powerful than the original (of course there is always the question of why you need a new Death Star, but I digress…), but how does it make any sense that instead of blowing up planets it blows up entire solar systems? The whole point of these weapons, as explained by Tarkin, is to elicit fear to keep systems in line. Why is that any scarier if it can blow up several planets instead of one planet? It's killing you either way. Second, the Starkiller apparently uses a hyperspace weapon so it can destroy planets from across the galaxy, which should be idiotic enough, but when it is used to destroy the Republic capital world(s?) (and shouldn't that have been Coruscant?), Han et al. see the laser beam from whatever planet Maz's castle is located on. If the laser beam was travelling through hyperspace, wouldn't it not be visible in regular space? But more importantly, why in the name of the Force would they see a laser beam on the other side of the galaxy from the surface of a distant planet with their naked eyes? And why did they know what it was? Finally, as I mentioned above, the attack on Starkiller Base is really boring and just replicates exactly what we have seen in previous Star Wars films. Additionally, I would add that there never felt to me a sense of danger for our heroes during the battle and I thought the sequence was poorly edited together with no good balance between the dogfights above and Han and Chewie attempting to set the detonators below.

>cont a fucking again and again since 2000 only
>>
>>63787800
>And even Hamill was a better actor without speaking any lines.

I laughed because it's true. Old girl did too much drugs.
>>
>>63787892
-Rey's quick grasp of the Force. So despite having had no training and not even believing Jedi were real, Rey not only knows how to do a Jedi mind trick, but she can do it to a Stormtrooper ten feet away and not facing her? And she can fight and defeat a trained dark side acolyte in lightsaber combat (it has been argued to me that she clearly knew how to use that staff at the beginning, but I still don't buy that she can take on someone who is supposedly a powerful dark side user). Oh, and the little matter of her stealing the lightsaber in the snow from Ren really angered me. In Empire, Luke had had a little bit of Force training from Obi-Wan but when he attempted to free his lightsaber from the snowpack in the Wampa's cave, he did so with great difficulty, but here a character who has no knowledge of how to control the Force, easily swipes it and then keeps it from a powerful Force wielder. I don't buy it for a second. This leads me to my next point.

-I don't think JJ Abrams understands how the Force works. Mostly this pertains to Kylo Ren. Early on when Poe shoots at Ren, the latter holds the laser blast in the air for the remainder of the scene while he interrogates Poe. It's kind of neat until you realize that using the Force requires great concentration and Ren's focus switches to his prisoner almost immediately. My impression of the Force is that you're reaching out as if with an extra hand to move things or hold them, whatever the case may be, but you can't just hold it there forever because you're not creating a forcefield or something and using the Force is work; even Yoda has a little trouble lifting up that X-Wing and he sure doesn't hold it up for very long. When Darth Vader deflects laser bolts, he does just that, he doesn't hold the plasma in midair. Later when Ren holds Rey in the woods, I had a similar impression that he was simply doing more than the Force really allows. I don't buy this interpretation of the Force.
>>
>>63786077
>>63786650
Nigga get shot by a bowcaster stabbed a couple times and be pretty much anakin Ep. 3 crazy and see how good you do in a fight. Once he got made he threw all the skill he had out the window also he didn't even complete training so it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>63785673
>7/10.
for such amount of CONS i would rate it 6/10
>>
>>63787930
-Snoke. So wait, he's a hologram but still has to be giant? Why? Because they wanted to mimic the scene between Vader and Sidious from Empire? Or because he's over-compensating for something? My guess is that when we meet the real Snoke he will actually be tiny, like 3 inches tall or something. That would be sort of interesting, so it probably won't happen. I was also disappointed by his look. I had heard that he was going to be someone with interesting facial features, but he was basically a person with a scar, a tiny mouth, and no nose. You have all the CGI in the world at your disposal and that's the "interesting" character you devise? *yawn*

-BB-8. I known others were charmed by him, but count me among those who didn't like him at all. First of all that design makes no sense. If he's rolling around, how does he make sure the right hatch is facing where he needs it to be? Answer: he doesn't. Second, that name is awful. And third, hearing Oscar Isaac say things like "Hey BB, buddy, come here" made me sick.
>>
>>63787062
He actually has a really hard time with anxiety and can't deal with the stress of doing big promo tours, if you've watched any of his interviews in the last 10 years he's clearly high or drunk off his ass in every one of them.
>>
>>63785850
It would've been "possibly" acceptable if they somehow explained what happened in the last 30 years since the last Star Wars, which they didn't.
>>
>>63787965
-The death of Han Solo. I always knew this was going to happen, but one of my friends convinced me that maybe they'd go a different way because after all, if Disney wants to get people excited for this new series, killing off a beloved character at the end is probably not the way to do it. But they did. Of course the second he gave Chewie the detonator, you knew that was it for him. It was almost as if the writers knew the scene's conclusion wouldn't work if that didn't happen. I'm angry about this scene because Han goes out like a chump, killed by his own brat kid. Is having Han Solo for a dad really such a bad thing? He has the fastest space ship in the galaxy and a dog that you can talk to! He's like the best dad ever! Not good enough for this little brat though! And Han's speech to try to get Ren back is so bad. I feel pretty confident this was Abrams writing for Solo, not Kasden. I cannot see Kasden having the fast-talking Solo say something as self-defeating as "Snoke is using you for your power and once he has what he wants he is going to crush you." How exactly is insulting both your son's intelligence and his strength going to convince him to give up the dark side? This was an infuriating scene. Finally, I did not feel that Chewbacca properly mourned Han's death. These two have been inseparable for decades so I would have expected Chewie to be despondent late in the film, bu nope, he just flies away with Rey.
>>
File: 1422901155090.jpg (21 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1422901155090.jpg
21 KB, 210x230
Kylo Ren was not trying to kill Rey in their duel. That is the only reason she wasn't dead. He knew she had potential and imagine what it would do for his ego if he gained a student. Deep down he knows Snoke is going to fuck him over. He is a Sith fanboy and probably believes in the rule of 2. Maybe he thinks he can gain an ally and overthrow Snoke.
>>
>>63787994
-"Bring our son home." Closely related to the last point is Leia's admonition to Han that if he sees their boy to bring him home. I'm sorry, but Kylo Ren is a war criminal and a murderer. It's not as if he dropped out of college to join a rock band. He has been killing people, lots of people. I know that Luke redeemed Darth Vader from the dark side so it's not as if this isn't a recurring theme, but Darth Vader also had to die to pay the price for the crimes he had committed. The idea that Han would bring Ben home to his mother and then go back to being a regular guy is so stupid as to be laughable if it wasn't ruining this once-proud franchise.

-The map. I get it, it's a MacGuffin, but shouldn't even a MacGuffin make sense? (Not in a JJ Abrams movie! See Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.) So Luke went off into hiding, but he left a map? Why would he do that? And why did the Empire have part of the map? And if R2-D2 was so depressed that Luke had left that he couldn't get out of bed, why didn't he share the map he had with his pals? I understand that it wasn't complete, but I have to think that if they searched just that empty space, Leia probably could have used her Force magic to hone in on him.

-The final shot. Star Wars movies end with group shots of the surviving cast, not helicopter shots of Luke standing on a cliff like a moron.
>>
>>63787464
Her struggle was not wanting to accept her destiny.

She is like a reverse Luke.
He was so eager for adventure and action and bigger things.
While all she wanted was to stay and wait for her parents and live her simple junkyard life.
>>
>>63788034
-Luke Skywalker's Fate. Well, I get now why he wasn't in any trailers or on the poster. JJ Abrams took my favorite character in Star Wars and turned him into this movie's worst character, a giant pussy who fucked over the entire galaxy and then washed his hands of the affair. So basically as Han tells us, Luke was training Ben Solo and the kid turned to the Dark Side, so Luke blamed himself and went into exile. What JJ Abrams has done is turn Luke into an even more pathetic version of Obi-Wan. He has taken the greatest hero of the Rebel Alliance and turned him into a miserable failure. Except Obi-Wan at least tried to clean up his mistake before going into hiding to wait for the new hope who would restore balance. After Anakin's fall to the Dark, Obi-Wan and Yoda made a last-ditch effort to defeat Sidious and Vader. They failed, but like R. P. MacMurphy, at least they tried. Goddammit, at least they tried. The only Jedi left, Luke knowingly left the galaxy on its own to deal with a half-trained dark side user and the Snoke guy who had seduced him to the Dark Side. What a hero. This goes completely against the Luke Skywalker we met as a young man. Luke was someone who took responsibility and sought to help others. --
>>
>>63787965
Snoke is Anakin Skywalker's body
>>
>>63788071
--When Darth Vader captured his friends he went to save them even though he knew it was a trap because they'd been captured on account of him. When Vader and the Emperor learned that he was on Endor, he could have run but he faced down and distracted two Sith Lords rather than abandon his friends, turning the tide of the battle as the Imperial army, without its leadership, fell into disarray. Luke Skywalker is a heroic character who would not run and hide while leaving his friends to face powerful enemies who would undoubtedly cause great harm to millions of innocent people. It cheapens the entirety of the Original Trilogy to portray Luke as someone who failed in his mission to resurrect the Jedi Order, instead choosing to quit upon the first sign of trouble

In sum, this was very much a JJ Abrams movie, and that's about the worst thing I could say about any movie.

I would never have thought that the old Expanded Universe would prove to be so much better than the first sequel film. In all seriousness, right now I have no desire to watch another new Star Wars film theatrically. (He says, knowing full well that he will go see this piece of shit once more just to be sure.)

The more I've thought about this movie since watching it, the more I hate it.

1/5
>>
>>63787879
I don't know what that means but I'm disappointed regardless. Why do people like these dumbass movies, on the real?
This movie literally cut and pastes the plot points of a New Hope and just gender/color swaps the the central leads. Finn was interesting - up until you find out the pilot survived, making Finn's voyage to self-discovery bland as shit, so he's regulated to being (annoying) comic relief.

It doesn't even make sense on a thematical sense:
Pilot dies; Finn dons his personality because he never had one.<---This makes sense.
Pilot's alive, Finn still keeps his jacket because we need outfit recognition.<--Lazy, doesn't really make sense.

Really don't understand why they cut Finn's arc so short. The ugg-wearing jedi bitch could've found out FInn was a stormtrooper 2-3 movies later. What's there left for Finn to do now as a character - other than being on the prowl for that yakub vagina?
>>
Who has Anakin's Lightsaber that fell in cloud city?
>>
>>63786012
This! Kylo was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>63788135
I loved him, he's a very interesting villain with conflict, I loved his aspie rage when he smashed shit with his lightsabre like a kid or when he pounded his wound to get more power from his anger/pain during the final fight
>>
>>63788002
>>63788002
Are you joking?

He wasn't, Snoke wanted her.
>>
>>63788034
>And if R2-D2 was so depressed that Luke had left t

R2 awoke because Luke wanted him to, retard.
>>
>>63785673
The storm troopers were the highlight of the film. They might still be faceless goons, but we see a lot more of their personality and even their sense of humor.

>Those two stormtroopers that make a 180 when they hear Kylo nerd raging
>That one badass stormtrooper who duels Finn and beats his ass for being a traitor
>The one trooper that dies like an actual soldier and starts shell-shocking Finn
>That Storm Trooper that Rey jedi mind tricks that initially was tired of her bullshit.
>The storm troopers overall might still be goons, but they are goons with personality that feel more competent than the Empire's troopers ever were.
>>
>>63788071
Kylo was already going to the dark side, before Luke started to train him.

Luke went to an old jedi temple for reasons that aren't yet explained. It wasn't just a tactical retreat.
>>
>>63785673
Your point about Kylo Ren was a plus point. That's his character, a spoiled brat Vader wannabe who is dangerous it has no self control.
>>
>>63788067
And all that was thrown out when we had this scene again.

Suddenly she force grips the thing because DESITINY and beside never holding one in her life beats the shit out of the whiny faggot bad guy.

I know there is alway for be people who are "so great" to have reasons explaining why they're "so great". But my point is that the struggle fails to challenge, limits, nor influence how the character acts in any way. At any point she could have won the battle simply by flying into space and zapping the deathstar III with laser eyes.

I want to like Rey, but I could have watched the movie with my eyes shut and knew what the fuck she was doing. I went to the bathroom during that scene in the Catina and I already knew she wouldn't take the lightsaber.
>>
What about the ending basically being a mishmash of all of the OT and RotS ending
jumping the shark with the "its the death star but 20 times more bigerer" shit
republic getting completely destroyed by super fuck you death planet laser in a lazy ass shot with all the planets just happening to be right next to each other
>>
>>63787831
He was already angsty and in turmoil. He told his dad the he was torn apart inside.
THEN Chewie fucking mortally wounded him
and THEN he fought and rekt Finn but got stabbed in the process
By the time he fought Rey he was a fucking mess
>>
>>63788098
This very much. They fucking ruined Luke, no amount of reasons can redeem this.
>>
>>63788113
Just know that someone did the story where Luke Skywalker turned to the darkside. And for a while it was accepted to be how the story progressed after the movies.
>>
>>63787708

>New about a recent modification done on the millenium falcon, because her boss did it and not Han.

kind of a stretch. all she know was that the ship was "garbage"
>>
File: Hux.jpg (42 KB, 890x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hux.jpg
42 KB, 890x1000
>>63788314
He's less menacing and less of an overall threat than this guy and he isn't even a sith lord.

I did laugh at him too for that Nazi rally he put on.
>>
>>63787930
Kylo is really powerful tho like Anakin prime powerful if he never got fucked up.
That and he's even a bigger showoff
>>
>>63785673
Thanks for the spoiler asshole. I've been lurking 4chan for days and haven't seen any spoilers what so ever. And on the same day as I get to see the movie you spoiled it for me. I hate you so fucking much. I hope you die.
>>
>>63788482
are you a retard? The entire post was spoiler texted. You didn't have to read any of that and there was a barrier preventing you from doing so and warning you it was a spoiler post. DUmbass.
>>
>>63788448
>looking good will forever be associated with fascism
>>
>>63788396
It's not a stretch, it's said in the movie retard.
>>
File: 1447613100465.webm (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1447613100465.webm
2 MB, 1280x800
>>63788319
forgot pic.
>>
>>63788482
nice meme.
>>
>>63788482
If you couldn't guess any of the twists in this movie you're probably kinda dumb.
>>63788530
He looked like a nerd that always had an excuse for not going to gym class.
>>
File: Fg5zhku.webm (431 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Fg5zhku.webm
431 KB, 720x404
>>63788319
fucking hell wrong fucking webm
>>
>>63785673
My only cons would be

They blew their load too early on the Kylo/Solo relationship

Mega death star was dumb but to be fair they made fun of it themselves, "so its bigger!?"

Weird that they make it like the rebels are still the underdogs, they won so it should be like the first order are the "rebels".

Snoke's design is kinda dumb IMO.

Overall I enjoyed it though. Good movie.
>>
> its like a death star excpet BIGGER!
> pew pew pew
> explodes into pieces

How fucking lame
>>
File: QkFPqYt.png (42 KB, 169x198) Image search: [Google]
QkFPqYt.png
42 KB, 169x198
>>63788587
Vader's a real nigga for that. He didn't even hesitate swinging on Obi Wan in that shit, lmao.
Straight savage.
>>
There's something off with the unanswered questions in TFA. They feel like something you'd put in a series to keep the viewers hooked. A good unanswered question is where Ridley Scott's alien came from, or if Leonardo DiCaprio's token at the end of Inception fell. TFA's questions are 'What are Snoke's motivations? What happened to the Empire? What will Luke say to Rey? Tune in next year to Star Wars Episode 8 for the answers!'
>>
>>63788643
It didn't explode.

It literally became a star.
>>
The one thing that stood out to my, the worst scene was the fucking chase scene in Han Solo with the CGI tentacle monster

I mean the CGI looked like shit, the entire thing felt like something out of a original syfy movie
>>
>>63788690
The whole reason Mark Hamil appeared is the question you are looking for.

And if you want cliffhangers, just look at JJ's work when he was making episodes of LOST.
They're not very good.
>>
>>63788713
>this was part of their plan
>in the next movie the death star is literally a star without weakness.
>>
>>63788690
lt's a business. They don't give a fuck about mystique; they care about that $$$.
Disney appears to be treating their newly obtained properties(Marvel studios/Star Wars) with a modicum of decency but it's still fucking Disney.
You know, the corporation that owns just about everything fucking thing.
>>
>>63788690
Made by the retard behind Lost.
>>
>>63785673
Pretty much, except I think Kylo was good and disagree about "well acted", especially regarding Rey.
>>
>>63785673
>Finn is great
His character development is too rushed. He goes from "I can't kill these people!" to "let's mow down my fellow troopers in order to escape! WOOOOO" in five minutes, after which he just flows with what the script needs him to do or be. Not that he's the only character this happens to.
He's neat, but way too expressive and silly. C3P0's personality and behavior was more peculiar, and while R2D2 was a bit dull he wasn't constantly getting shoved in our faces.
>Quips are amusing enough to not be irritating
FEH
>>
>>63785673

7 is too much...i give it a 6 and only because the girl was hot
>>
>>63788530
I feel exactly the same. Nazi's were bad, but damn did they know how to dress
>>
>>63785945
>>63785673
You're both wrong. The mother of all Mary Sues is Danerys Targaryen. She has no discernible skills, abilities, or knowledge about anything, but manages to luck into an ever growing group of loyal followers who do all the heavy lifting for her, and she then claims all the credit for. This has somehow also earned her a massive irl fanbase. Her Mary Sue-ness has actually managed to transcend the boundaries of fiction.
>>
Is the empire forever going to just be space Nazi?

I wish we could get a decent relatable imperial. This is why legend of galactic heroes will always be superior to starwars. Shit and good characters on both sides.

Hell even the super anti fascist Tomino gets this right in Gundam.
>>
File: 1441757341772.jpg (89 KB, 505x726) Image search: [Google]
1441757341772.jpg
89 KB, 505x726
I'm fine with rei being able to work with parts and shit, that's fine, but why the fuck can she understand BB8? That's so fucking retarded considering there are no other droids on jakku that are even close to an R2 or BB unit. She also just generally feels way too "in control" for her backstory as an orphan scavenger on a desert planet to be believable. This is also a problem I had with a new hope, where Luke just was completely okay, but I think it's less of a problem then when he had obi-wan guiding him and was learning from him.

I'm also fine with the fact that the rebels are still the rebels, an intergalactic empire isn't going to be easily replaced in a couple years, especially since in return they just killed the emperor and his death spaceship.

Lightsaber fights were really fucking good. The movie was a little too goofy at times. It was mostly shot amazingly but holy fuck there were some first order dialogue scenes that looked right out of a fan movie what the fuck.

Also another nitpick. The stupid "Dubstep' sound they played whenever someone was using the force on someone else was fucking stupid holy shit.

>Rey closes her eyes for a solid 30 seconds during a lightsaber duel, Kylo Ren makes no attempt to capitalize on this and just stands there like a fucking pleb
I'm fine with this because I think Ren doesn't want to kill her because he thinks she's considering her offer of becoming his apprentice.

Overall 8/10 now, compared to the original movies 7/10
>>
>>63787226
>>63786834
>>63785673

>Luke Skywalker is able to deflect blasts with his eyes closed after listening to an old man talk for a few seconds.

>Manages to successfully pass off as an Imperial Stormtrooper, despite having never been off-world.

Infiltrates, then exfiltrates an impregnable Imperial Fortress.

>Blows up the Death Star despite having never flown an X-Wing before.

How is this any different?

>Literally "girls are dumb and have cooties" - the Argument.
>>
>the only person that can understand chewbacca is dead

I'm going to be so mad if rey suddenly is able to speak wookie
>>
I liked whiny Kylo Ren

it reminds me of the original film a little because nobody really feared or respects Vader in ANH. He's just some asshole who intimidates Rebels and tortures princesses to get information.

Kylo was never going to be as cool as Vader even if they tried. So instead they turned him into a whiny fanboy who likes to dress up like Vader and gets angry when things don't go his way. Hux and even the storm troopers don't respect him at all but let him do things because he's Snoke's special snowflake and he'd probably go trash a console with his lightsaber or something. He's a complete joke so it's even more insulting and hateable when he kills his own father.

also an ironic joke about at how whiny a main character Anakin Skywalker's was in the prequels. hopefully the next two films will develop his arc so that he becomes more ruthless and cool
>>
>>63787942
Personality-wise, Kylo Ren is end of Ep. III Anakin, but skill-wise, he's probably somewhere between Ep. V and VI Luke.
>>
>>63786478
Did they not kill her in the garbage compactor.
>>
>>63787293
you forgot that they share the same grandfather....
>>
>>63788962
the rebels actually have a government of several solar systems
the resistance is noted as a "extreme faction" because a giant space station made by the incredibly facist group of people who rate to conquer the galaxy by destroying YOUR said solar systems with a intergalactic death weapon which happens to be moving ever closer to your capital planets.

Gee wizz the Republic so smart!!! biggest navy in the fucking galaxy and they don't think the people with a solar-system destroying death weapon is a threat.
>>
File: lolwut_by_emperorrus-d47jtwi.jpg (147 KB, 900x587) Image search: [Google]
lolwut_by_emperorrus-d47jtwi.jpg
147 KB, 900x587
>>63788957
The EU certainly tried, but it wouldn't work.

The movies would not work without a credibly evil threat. One easy way to make an organization evil is essentially make them nazis.
>>
>>63787421
so what's the point of a jedi accademy if jedi gain knowledge out of nowhere?
>>
>>63788194

He was alright, but I really hated the part when he was crying over his grandfather's helmet because he was "feeling the pull to the light ;_;." But Darth Vader turned good and destroyed the Emperor, and he still lives on as the force hologram so why doesn't he tell Ren to stop being such a faggot. Fucking garbage family.
>>
>>63788962
>Overall 8/10 now, compared to the original movies 7/10
Kill yourself
>>
>>63789011
She did understood him anon.
>>
>>63788991
When you grow up your entire life being denied pussy for being a gigantic, neckbearded autist, you tend to become a bit resentful.
>>
>>63789029
>ironic joke

Kill yourself. Your generation has no idea what irony means.
>>
>>63788991
>>Manages to successfully pass off as an Imperial Stormtrooper, despite having never been off-world.
Han was helping him and he also had Stormtroopers on Tatooine and was also planing to going to the Academy to be one.
>>Blows up the Death Star despite having never flown an X-Wing before.
That's arguable but unsure he also had Obi-wan guiding him.
>>Luke Skywalker is able to deflect blasts with his eyes closed after listening to an old man talk for a few seconds.
I don't ever remember this happening
>>
File: 1449432930883.png (29 KB, 710x652) Image search: [Google]
1449432930883.png
29 KB, 710x652
>>63789119
>>
>>63787484
How do you know the others were siths? Only Ren had his signature lightsaber out during that entire scene.
>>
>>63786834
My main problems with her are:

- She looks too much like a pretty girl for having lived by herself scavenging garbage in a desert planet
- Her backstory and her pretty valid personal motivation to refuse the "call to adventure" are kind of shoved aside for plot convenience
- The way she uses the force feels like she has read the specific ways people used it in the previous movies and tried to replicate it, and somehow she manages to make it work. It would have been fine if she had used her Force in more primitive and imprecise ways rather than going with the Official Jedi Moveset.
>>
>>63787708
she didn't fix anything...she was just collecting stuff and selling it
now you think that her boss was tlling her everything he did? they had such a great relationship....
she pilot an old shit without any training and outmanuver elite soldiers on brand new spaceships...
>>
>>63788641
I could agree with you but I like the kylo Han thing being used here it adds gravitas to the episode and to the episodes in general and that's what it should do. And it does so perfectly to continue the story actually imho. I'm sure they had more planned/ in mind
>>
File: AndySoS24_large[1].jpg (30 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
AndySoS24_large[1].jpg
30 KB, 600x341
>>63789148
>Han was helping him
If by helping, you mean saying "This isn't gonna work" and completely botching any sort of deception, then yeah. I guess he "helped him."
>Planning on going to the Academy to be one
Uh, no. He was planning on going to the academy to become a space pilot.
>I don't ever remember this happening.

Confirmed for casual.
>>
>>63788071
I really think his reasoning should have been "Now that balance in the force has been achieved, the galaxy would be better off without force users". Then, he leaves, not knowing Plagueis/Snoke is around to spread the influence of the Dark Side.
>>
>>63787986
You'll just have to buy the new novels, comic books, and video games for that info ;)
>>
>>63786525
Underrated post.
>>
>>63789148
At least he was a good pilot before going into the X-wing.
>>
>>63788228
yes they had to focus more on them rather than on a fucking death star 3.0
>>
>>63788991
It's not, some people just like to be negative. The movie was a great addition to the series.
>>
>>63789242
Yeah, they didn't even do that in those.
>>
>>63789254
So was Rey, before getting into the Falcon, so...
>>
>>63786525
Is this movie gonna be shit bombed like the prequels in 5+ years?
>>
>>63788991
>Luke Skywalker is able to deflect blasts with his eyes closed after listening to an old man talk for a few seconds.

As Han said: Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living is something else. Luke doesn't just jump blindfolded into combat.
>>
I saw this movie today, but what I have to talk about isn't the movie itself...

I have been to many movies since I was as young as I can remember. The amount of movies I've seen in theaters is in the triple fucking digits. But what the fuck, this is the first fucking time I've ever... EVER had people fucking CLAP AT A MOVIE.

And not just fucking once either. It happened several times. What the actual fuck, I seriously thought that this was just a funny meme that EU niggers thought up as a joke. BUT IT ACTUALLY FUCKING HAPPENED I'M SO GODDAMNED CONFUSED
>>
>>63789330
Well, he seemed to do all right, considering the moisture farmer wasn't mowed down by trained Imperial troops.
>>
>>63787433

Her voice is actually bad ass, too. I was surprised at that.
>>
>>63789316
When did she ever fly? She was left as a child on that sandplanat and has been working as a "slave" there waiting for her family to return? Or did I miss something
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (314 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
314 KB, 1024x680
>Finn was great

when will this meme die?

>has to have a shitty quip literally every 20 fucking seconds
>keeps trying to rape rey, audience quietly complies or laughs so they aren't arrested for hate crimes
>literally avengers tier humour
>ugliest face in cinematic history, my gf was revolted
>character arc that goes from serious to comic relief at random
>>
>>63787825
Can we appreciate that they hid the movie's plot from us so well that one of the most popular theories is that Luke was a SIth? When I read "Luke is missing!" in the opening crawl I was so happy.

Also the Finn and Rey bait and switch was well done GG JJ

Also BB a cute, I love that he's more mobile so he cant be around for action scenes. I do still hope we have enough of R2D2 and C3PO in the movies
>>
>>63789385
>Finn: "We need a pilot!"
>Rey: "I AM a pilot!"

When did Luke ever fly in ANH before the X-Wing?

Never. People just TALKED about him being a pilot.
>>
>>63789197
We saw her fixing stuff just before selling it

>now you think that her boss was tlling her everything he did?

She told Han this, idiot. She disagreed with some of the modifications her boss did.

Watch the movie before complaining, you autistic manchild.
>>
>>63789318
It'll be just that once Rogue One comes out or even sooner. Even retards that like trash like Avengers 2 are rating it low outside of here
>>
>>63789223
You're talking about that scene?
You know that's just a training ball?
>Known as a Skywalker which happen to be some of the most Powerful force users in the Galaxy
>He was guided by obi-wan to abandon all his senses and just feel through the force
>Obi-wan was also Powerful enough to come back as a ghost and talk to him after death in his mind.
>>
>>63789398
Only normie retards like you believed that.
>>
>>63786525
^underrated post

FN's character is the primary source of comedic relief and the most relatable character, yet we're supposed to believe he was raised a child soldier.

Kylo Ren fucking annihilated many, many Jedi apprentices, but he's still acting like a whiny teen who can't decide between right and wrong? 0/5
>>
Rey was the most interesting character
>>
>>63789423
I loved Avengers 2 btw
>>
>>63789431
I think you're missing the point. My point is, I am willing to accept all of that. I don't have an issue with it.

It's all the spergs that can't extend the same to Rey because "Ew, it's a girl!"
>>
>>63789386
>keeps trying to rape rey

What the hell are you talking about?
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 267x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 267x220
FN-2187
Fucking nigger to murder

Thanks for making that so easy to remember, JJ!
>>
>>63789467
forced romance subplot. was annoying as fuck, not as bad as all the throwbacks at least.
>>
File: 1450238571655.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1450238571655.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>63789413
Dude Biggs and Luke talk about how the fighters the rebels are using are almost the same as the T-16s they used back home. Luke even says he checked one out to be sure he could handle it or something along those lines.
>>
>>63789195
>pretty girl
what are you talking about? she looks like a troll the whole movie, she wasnt pretty even once.
>>
>>63789466
No it's because she's perfect at everything she does.

Luke tries to fight Vader after training with Yoda?
gets his hand chopped off
Rey tries to fight Kylo first time picking up saber?
Slices his face in two.
>>
>>63789504
You're talking about a deleted scene/stuff from the novel and whatnot.

I'm talking about the actual movie, in and of itself, you massive retard.
>>
>>63789415
She literally just cleaned shit with some old hag...
>>
>>63789499
I really didn't get that vibe at all. They refer to each other as friends throughout the movie, and she even kisses his forehead at the end.
>>
>>63789466
the problem is that Ren is a fucking sith that was trained for like 20 years fist by luke (the strongest jedi in history) and then by the sith.
on top of that he's grandfather was anakid.
he was supposed to obliterate her even without both legs and 1 arm...
>>
>>63789545
>Implying Kylo Ren is anywhere close to Vader in terms of power.
>Also, hi, he was gut-shot by a bowcaster.
>>
File: 2015-12-19.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>63787500
>the two guys talking about a spaceship or blaster or something
they did it too in ANH
>>
>>63789549
It's in the movie faget.

>that's not too hard, I used to blast womp rats back in my T16 and they're not much more than two meters

Or
>you sure you can handle this ship Skywalker?
>captain, Luke is the best bush pilot in the Outer Rim territories
>>
It just didn't seem interesting at all to me. It was like a Marvel movie with all the silly one-liners.
>>
>>63788957
uh ive always though empire was cooler than the rebels. vader > luke
>>
>>63789586
>Ren is a fucking sith
Oh, that's cool. When did they ever say that in the movie?

Cause I seem to recall Snoke only saying that his training was incomplete.
>>
Finn a bes
>Child soldier janitor
>Virgin
>Suddenly thrust on a quest for vagina that runs straight through the timeless conflict of good versus evil
Him and BB are an action capable R2 and C3PO duo
>>
>>63789559
don't bother. he's just a memester
>>
>>63789467
he mentions to Rey "have you got a boyfriend?"
Legit he says that to her in one of the scenes.
>>
>>63789610
Please cite the scene for me.

I'll wait.

Also, wow, Luke's best friend describes him as a good pilot? Say it ain't so!
>>
File: HAN_FINAL_ILoveYou.gif (498 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
HAN_FINAL_ILoveYou.gif
498 KB, 500x403
>>63789559
That was a total mistake.

Any sort of intentions by the scriptwriters or the director is utterly insignificant to the power of shippers.

Fuck, even Lucas had to change the pairing of leia and luke because he caved in to shippers.
>>
>>63789413

She only piloted a land speeder. It was implied that she pretty much had no idea what she was doing during the entire she was piloting the Falcon and that it was basically the force.
>>
>>63789634
ok smart ass Ren is a Jedi that went to the dark side after going rampage in a jedi accademy
>>
>>63789587
>Also, hi, he was gut-shot by a bowcaster.

This. They made it a point to show that it was really fucking with him. Upon further consideration, I'd say he took that shot like a champ, considering it was sending Stormtroopers flying.
>>
>>63785673
I like Rey and Kylo but it is pretty accurate. I liked all the characters and acting but thought the story was a bit shit. So its like a reverse trilogy this time around.
>>
Why did the Death Star 3.0 destruction feel so lackluster?
>>
>>63789646
kek
>>
>>63785673
>liking finn

fuck off niggerlover
>>
>>63789671
Just admit Rey is a bad character.
>>
>>63789741
same happened with you mom vagina last night
>>
>>63789752
Oh, what's that? You can't back up your argument?
>>
>>63788646
he's still angry over the high ground incident
>>
>>63789671
You are a massive faggot. You know that Disney wont ever allow movie clips to exist on the web and we dont have webms with sound.

http://movie-sounds.org/sci-fi-movie-samples/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-1977/no-its-not-i-used-to-bullseye-womp-rats-in-my-t16-back-home

http://movie-sounds.org/sci-fi-movie-samples/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-1977/are-you-sure-you-can-handle-this-ship
>>
>>63789552
She's a scavenger that looks for good selling parts, we see her cleaning one, fixing BB8 antenna, and talking about modifications done to the mf.
>>
>>63789591
They should have had one of the new storm troopers talking/bragging that he owns an original empire blaster with matching serial numbers.
Everyone into history and weapons would have had a giggle.
>>
>>63788991
>Literally "everyone who disagrees with me is a misogynist" the argument
>>
>>63789789
>show me a scene where they say that the T-16 is similar to an X-Wing

>does neither

Let the hate flow through you...give in to your butthurt.
>>
There was no way it was better than 5/10 guys
>>
>>63789351
its always obnoxious women in the back row who do that because they are desperate for social acceptance
>>
>>63789830
lol, there's a big difference between being a feminist and not automatically hating something because it's a girl.

Try harder.
>>
>>63789843
>waaaaahhh some star wars nerds are picking on me
>>
Anyone else unironically like Adam Driver? He and Oscar Isaac were the shit.
>>
>>63787417
just saw the movie she tried to kill him
>>
>>63789879
fuck off cuck
>>
>italian voice actor of kylo ren has a literal teenager voice
>wanted to hear his actual voice
>it's manly as fuck
So exactly what is wrong with him?
>>
>>63789776
What's that? Can't remember ANH mister Reddit?
>>
File: 1294098602691.jpg (37 KB, 314x385) Image search: [Google]
1294098602691.jpg
37 KB, 314x385
>>63785673
>>
>>63789895
Kylo Ren is the least likable and probably best written new character as of Episode 7 IMO
>>
>>63789892
>>63789915
>>63789926

You really have no leg to stand on, here...do you?

Never change, /tv/. Never change.
>>
>>63789949
>MUH GIRL POWER
>>
>>63785847
But, she's nobody?
>>
>>63787226
A New Hope was pretty much the same, we had no idea how this universe works, and our imaginations went crazy. I was maybe 5 back then and remember speculating about star wars literally all the time. We tried to calculate when did all this happen, or guessed how old is Vader (for some reason I always assumed he's hundreds of years old). That's also a part of the reason why prequels were so disappointing, they didn't really match what we all imagined.

I believe the way JJ just put us in this galaxy again without explaining shit is actually a brilliant move.
>>
Movie would have been 3x better with the following:

1. Extra 45 mins at beginning of movie showing Kylo Ren's beginnings with younger actors. Kylo Ren eventually killing Jedi apprentices with his fellow Knights.

2. Some bits of information that let us know that Kylo and Rey are both the children of Han and Leia, and both trained by Luke. Rey was always the better of the two, and Kylo hated it. After Kylo attempts to kill Rey in her sleep, Luke feels like he failed at their training and mind washes Rey, but Kylo gets away before he can deal with him.

4. Cut to Poe Cutie getting the coordinates.

3. Movie ends with Kylo killing Haan. Rey fights Kylo. Kylo tells Rey: "You don't remember, do you, sister?"

Rey gets pissed and tries to kill Kylo, but Kylo kills her too. Fucking-Nigger-2187 gets pissed but can't do shit about it because Chewie is holding him back.

5. Best movie ever.
>>
>>63785673
How can other films affect the score?

i liked the first Hobbit movie. The other two don't make that one lose points in my books.
>>
>>63789776

You're wrong on the Rey being a pilot shit. You won't admit it. It's backed up that Luke is a pilot (womp rat scene is when they're analysing death star plans and going over attack strategy with all the pilots). Rey SAYS she's a pilot, but then she's just talking about the speeder, and after they destroy the Tie Fighters she's like "holy fuck how did I do that it just happened lol" because "muh force". Luke uses the force to blow up the death star, but its after you know he's a good pilot and after he gets guidance from Obiwan.
>>
>The rebels still being rebels even though they won the war, invalidating the entire struggle of the original trilogy

You would know the reason for this if you weren't too busy staring at your bellybutton

The Republic is still an established entity that was in standoff with the First Order. They weren't willing to do anything themselves and risk provocation to get nuked, so they funded a rebel group made up of the remnants of the Rebel Alliance to lead a war against them. They literally said this at least three times.

>>63787226

Oh, sorry they didn't wrap it up in a nice little bow for you so you didn't have to see the next movie in a stated trilogy. If people were shitposting in 1980, they would be shitposting about how ESB left so many unanswered questions like you are right now.

It's a trilogy for a reason - they're trying to tell a bigger story over three movies so they don't rush the entire thing in just one. We have two entire fucking movies left, give it a rest.
>>
>>63789998
rey is luke daugther
>>
>>63787769

Who is Vader? What happened to him at the end?

Did the rebels just win the war?

Who trained Obi-Wan? Why did he go poof when killed? What is his backstory? How did he know Anakin Skywalker?

Will Luke train to become a Jedi? How? With whom?

Will Han stay for good?

What can the Force do?

J.J.'s going in a good direction with the lightsabers; skill with one doesn't necessarily arise from practice, but strength in the Force. Rey is shown to be extremely Force Sensitive, and was getting her ass kicked until she felt the Force and channeled it.
>>
>>63789963
...I... I should have known better than to disagree with you, anon.

You truly are...legion...
>>
>>63789998
Rey is Luke's daughter you fucking moron.
>>
>>63789807
>fixing antenna
>straightens a bent antenna
>>
>>63789741
Just a guess, but I'd say a part of it was that it was a lot more drawn out than the ones in Ep. IV and VI. In those, it was a quick explosion that served as the exclamation point at the end of a really tense moment, accompanied by the John Williams fanfare. There's also the fact that we've already seen something like this play out twice already (three times, if you count the droid control ship in TPM), so we kind of already know how it's going to play out. That's about as close as I can get to putting my finger on it.
>>
Finn and Poe were the best pair, I hope they get more screen time in the next one while the blatant Mary Sue jacks off with Luke
>>
>>63789091
Learned is permanent, The Force is really damn variable.
>>
>>63790032
So, one character talking himself up as a good pilot is more credible than another?

Literally shoot yourself. Preferably in the face.
>>
>>63790052
whatever whore lover. go be pussywhipped somewhere else
>>
What the fuck were they thinking with Kylo Ren's character?

The movie crowd I was with were laughing during his temper tantrums.
>>
They did a terrible job in the beginning with Finn's character motivation. He becomes disillusioned with the First Order because of wanton bloodshed, and then as they're escaping the hangar, he proceeds to fire randomly killing untold numbers of previous comrades.
>>
>>63789895
I like how they strategically styled his hair to cover up them dumbo ears, and even that could barely contain them.
>>
>>63790109
You really aren't doing much to dispell the fact that you only dislike Rey because she gurl.

By all means, play in your fort with your friends. It's not gay if you make your weiners touch. It's just something guys do, bro.
>>
>>63789843
Stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>63788119
Rey
>>
>>63790137
Killing civilians and killing soldiers are two different things m8
>>
File: Chomp chomp.png (186 KB, 244x327) Image search: [Google]
Chomp chomp.png
186 KB, 244x327
>>63785673
You don't like large calved Mary Sues?

Honestly, I'll agree that the movie was a 7/10 or 7.5/10.

It was fun, but a little bit too vague about the direction of the trilogy. I have no clue what Snoke's underlying motivation will be. Is he a "one sith" type of fellow who follows the philosophy that the sith should be one family controlled by the most powerful? Is he a "bane" sith that believes in only one master and one apprentice?

Kylo doesn't appear to be powerful enough to have destroyed all the other Jedi children whether it be through the force or pure saber combat. So, I must wonder, what actually happened to Luke's Jedi academy?

How much power does the Republic and the First Order wield respectively?

The lack of politics (I cannot even believe I'm saying this) actually caused more problems than it did solutions. Why is the First Order so powerful? Where are they getting funds? Why is the Republic so weak? What happened after the original Trilogy other than both the Empire and Rebels stepping down in ability and manpower?

Why did Luke exile himself to some backwater planet when he should be muscling through the loss of the first class and training more Jedi?

Who left Rey on the Jakku?

Will Finn and Poe be bros?
>>
>>63790090
Jesus Christ thanks for reminding me of that. How the fuck did she get it that straight
>>
>>63789998
If Rey and Kylo were siblings, Leia would have fucking recognized her. They're cousins at best, otherwise completely unrelated.
>>
>>63789933

hes actually right, i like him because he is clever constructed and actually the animatronics acting works better, almost feels like the old yoda handpuppet in movement and slapstick.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.