[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meant to be the new Darth Vader >Beaten by a girl in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 640x379
>Meant to be the new Darth Vader
>Beaten by a girl in the first movie

Is the age of genuinely menacing villains over?
>>
>>63708678
yeah it was disappoiting. Even Snoke seemed weak
>>
>>63708678
>a good villain
>in 2015

He's white, that's enough to get the blood boiling, no?
>>
>>63708678
J.Js movies are shit
>>
>>63708678
Is he kill?
Does he also kill Finn?
Do Daisy and Finn kiss?
>>
>>63708678

You should see Disney XD rebels. The children and women in that wreck stormtroopers dozens at a time and they do it over and over again.
>>
>>63708678
Well he did take couple injuries before taking on Rey.

As for Snoke - Serkis said that Snoke is in fact weak and that underpins his true agenda, which is a mystery.
>>
>>63708678

Fuck you

You willi critisize anything.

He's a perfect villain.

There was a time where bad guys where hated instead of rooted for.

Kylo Ren is a beta faggot and a chickenshit that kill shis father. You can't make any more efforts to make the audience hate him like a GOOD villain.

He's not supposed to be menacing or liked, he's supposed to be despicable
>>
Kylo Ren is supposed to be a representation of neckbeard fanboys. He worships Star Wars iconography (Vader Helmet). He hides behind a mask (like anonymous) but when revealed he's actually a whiny beta who collapses around women.
>>
>>63708757
google Anklebiter Brigade. star wars has gone full retard
>>
>>63708819

P O T T E R Y
>>
File: james earl jones thulsa doom.jpg (134 KB, 418x347) Image search: [Google]
james earl jones thulsa doom.jpg
134 KB, 418x347
>>63708678
>>63708721
Vader was an alpha black male not some pasty white kid.
Of course he was more menacing.
>>
yeah it's dumb, mary sue rey seems to be magically competent and can beat him without being trained at all, even though it took luke 3 movies to beat vader

isn't the reason why luke went into exile because Ren killed all the jedi? the jedi must've been pansies
>>
>>63708742
He is alive
Finn is nearly killed but survives
They do not kiss
>>
>>63708878
Even the younglings?
>>
He got shot in the abdomen by Chewbacca literally a minute before the fight. He was weakened. Did you even pay attention to the fucking movie, he was bleeding all over the place
>>
Mama from Dredd was a good, menacing, villain.

Sex isn't an issue. Writting and acting are.
>>
>>63708920
>movie
it was a flick at best kiddo
>>
>>63708920
Yeah, it takes blacks, women, and animal rights activists to bring down the white patriarchy, thats the message of the movie.
>>
>>63708973
It was a photoplay. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>63708989
Dont forget mexicans anon. I think Poe is mexican anyways
>>
>>63708793
It's not about Kylo Ren being likable, its about him not being menacing at all as soon as he started losing.
In comparison to Rei he has gone through extensive training on how to fight and how to use the force.
Even if Rei has gone through training and had her memory wiped as some are suggesting, it just ruins Kylo Ren's menacing reputation as a villain to all of a sudden lose to someone with no stated dueling, lightsaber or force experience.
The film would have ended on a much more ominous note of he had continued dominating the fight and then the fight being broken up due to the landscape falling apart, like it did anyway.
It would have made Rei searching for Luke for training seem necessary instead of redundant, considering she can already best what is built to be the second most intimidating figure of the opposition.
>>
File: 135632847632.png (9 KB, 444x450) Image search: [Google]
135632847632.png
9 KB, 444x450
Are you people joking me? He was the best written character in the movie. He wasn't a cliche all-powerful bad guy that the chosen one needs to overcome. He was a conflicted character, a rival. Still in training. He acts confident and tough but he gets emotional fits and isn't as strong as he pretends to be. He doubts himself under the mask. He's young and seduced by the dark side, he's LITERALLY what Anakin should've been in the prequels at some point

Snooker was the disappointing villain, he was bland and boring. What made Darth Vader so menacing was the fact that he didn't try to be, he just was. The mask wasn't angry, we wasn't big. He just was. Ren was purposely TRYING to be menacing because he's a young fool, it was his character. As a result he wasn't very menacing. Snooker on the other hard, with the huge size and badguy voice, seemed like a saturday cartoon villain that the creators actually legit tried to make menacing. But they failed, he's just boring and bland. Ren is a good character for the n.1 henchman and a rival

In a movie where the bromance between Poe and Finn was hamfisted shit, the main girl mary sue as fuck, the whole fucking script taken from The New Hope, Ren was the least of its problems
>>
>>63708678

>child of harrison ford and carrie fisher

>being this ugly

literally the least believable thing about the movie
>>
File: joker-full-2.gif (1 MB, 450x200) Image search: [Google]
joker-full-2.gif
1 MB, 450x200
>>63708678
No. He's coming.
>>
>>63709166
MOM'S GONNA FREAK OUT!
>>
>>63709040

Oscar Isaac is an honorary white senpai
>>
>>63709160

>That's one of his best pictures

Jesus. How does someone that ugly get this famous? He's not even Jewish.
>>
>>63709237
He's Cuban. So, yes, he's white.
>>
>>63709305
He's a good actor. He should've passed on this piece of shit. Now he's locked in for two more. at least he's getting paid.
>>
>>63709435
>Latin Americans
>White
they've got superior Roman genes and heritage instead
>>
>>63709160
I used to room with a guy who looked exactly like this. He thought he was a Sith Lord too. He's probably on Cloud 9 at the moment, trying to pick up girls at the bar with some "yeah bby I'm Kylo Ren, muh edgy darkness". Good god was that kid a faggot.
>>
>>63709505
AND he was a Marine who also donates to charity.

Good bloke IMO.
>>
>>63709091
Snoke seems like a guy who doesnt do shit besides sitting on his ass. The worst type of a villain.
>>
>>63708678
>Is the age of genuinely menacing villains over?
as long as the villain is white, yeah.
>>
>>63708678
That was the point, wasn't it? That he'll never live up to Vader and even got his ass beaten on by some random trooper with a lightsaber and zero force sensitivity. Kylo Ren is obviously meant to come across menacing right up until he takes the mask off figuratively and literally, so you can see the insecure teen beneath.

It was hinted at when he firsts throws that tantrum. Also when his hood is up his mask looks baller, but with the hood down it's obviously a shittier Vader helm
>>
It's the Age of Elect Hillary Clinton, goyim
>>
If he shows up at the next fight against a better villain and gets easily cut down, I'm happy.

JJ is a bad writer, hopefully the VIII/IX crews ignore his trash, even though Phasma and Luke are already contracted for VIII so who knows.
>>
>Anakin gets rekt by his superiors at first because, although he IS the chosen one, he is a trainee
>Luke gets his ass whooped by his father at first because, although he IS the chosen one, he still needs a lot of training
>Chick wins first time against darth vader 2 despite almost no training because how could we have proper character development of a female she has to win every single time and not even get her makeup ruined
>>
he was injured, plus his training wasnt even complete, I guess Rey just had more raw potential,
>>
>>63708678
It is PG 13 so its not like they can make him a raging cannibal or something, but I think its neat that they sort of invert Darth Vader as this ominous, infamous figure. Giving us a chance to see the rise of the bad guy alongside the heroes rounds out the experience for the fans on either side of the Jedi/Sith divide.
>>
>>63710424
this, it's obvious that he is insecure as fuck, he's just trying to be vader and failing hard
>>
Is the scene where Kylo Ren sits in the chair of the millennium falcon while silently pondering to himself still in movie, was that a scrapped scene?
>>
>>63711008
Seems to me they go one of two ways in the sequels. Either he gets a massive power up from completing his training and beats ass in the next movie or he gets outclassed by a better Dark Side user and pulls a Zuko. I'm not sure on the latter, as I don't think audiences will forgive him for Han
>>
>>63709160

It just fucking shocked me when he took off his mask and THAT was the face I was greeted with. Absolutely fucking abysmal casting from top to bottom, with the sole exception of Rey.
>>
File: 1450125820955.jpg (71 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450125820955.jpg
71 KB, 720x480
>>63708678
Darth Vader got fucked off by Han at the end of Episode 4 after barely doing anything, too. He couldn't even shoot down Luke. I guess it isn't a very fair comparison, but I can see what they're, sadly, trying to do with Ren.

It's going full on POTTERY to the point of making new characters shitty.
>>
>>63711242
They could probably do it if they have a scene where he breaks down and cries, and then Luke walks him through it. Then everyone awkwardly looks around pretending they didn't see this kid implode.
>>
>>63709160

Mom is a Cocfiend/alcoholic
Dad is a neurotic pothead who hates everything except his autistic hobbies

I'd say they got the perfect kid for this.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.