[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/ features/star-wars-strik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: DayOneSlate_horiz.jpg (289 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DayOneSlate_horiz.jpg
289 KB, 1024x768
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-strikes-back-behind-the-scenes-of-the-biggest-movie-of-the-year-20151202?page=7
>We had scenes that, in all honesty, needed to get figured out sometimes while we were shooting. Sometimes they needed to be rewritten, reshot.

does this happen often in filming movies? i know with the last hobbit movie they were filming battle scenes before they even had a script.
also i feel like this maybe this star wars movie might just fall flat? i like star trek 09 and always thought that it felt like a star wars movie. kasdan and all the ralph mcquarrie stuff gives me hope it wont feel like fan fiction, but ive not been impressed by daisy ridley so far. i just hate movies that almost get there (like godzilla, which had bryan cranston) but ultimately fall short
>>
>>63255809

>also i feel like this maybe this star wars movie might just fall flat?

This is what I'm hoping for along with all the planned Star Wars Cinematic Universe they've got ready. It's going to make some serious money though even if the film turns out to be incredibly shitty but will it be horrible enough to the point Disney will shelve the ideas and forget about them?
>>
>>63255809
>does this happen often in filming movies?

Very common. Why are you posting on /tv/ when you know jack shit about film.

>>63255859

And you're just an idiot.
>>
Yes this happens all of the time and indicates absolutely nothing as far as the quality.

They're talking about rewriting scenes on set which is pretty much the norm with productions of this size today. Calling it a day and going home for rewrites and coming back the next day involves completely fucking the schedules of like 300 people now that movies switch locations so much and have 20 or 30 MASSIVE sets instead of just two or three. During the Hobbit they were coming to the set with absolutely nothing and PJ was essentially making it up as he went along.
>>
>>63255809
Sidney Lumet wrote in his book about film making that a director need to plan his movies very well but also needs to have a talent to improvise on set.
>>
>>63255809
>does this happen often in filming movies?
No. Only rushed, focus grouped messes like this and the Hobbit.
>>
>>63255956
I was thinking "figuring out" meant writing the scene as your were filming it
>>
>>63256074

Hitchcock had every scene intricately storyboarded long before even building the sets and shooting for him was just putting the actors where he wanted them like dolls.

Altman just put his entire cast in a room and ran the camera and edited the hours of footage later and often threw out like 90% of the script.

There are no rules, all that matters is finding your voice and honing your craft.
>>
>>63256187
Yeah you are right.
>>
Was talking with a dude who worked on the make up for the movie, said that filming officially ended like four days before thanksgiving because of reshoots. Movie had a lot of problems and bad luck during production apparently (most notably harrison ford breaking his leg first day and then almost dying in a plane crash)
>>
>>63256259
>Was talking with a dude who worked on the make up for the movie, said that filming officially ended like four days before thanksgiving because of reshoots. Movie had a lot of problems and bad luck during production apparently (most notably harrison ford breaking his leg first day and then almost dying in a plane crash)

at least theyre accepting flaws and working to improve them
>>
>>63255977
>During the Hobbit they were coming to the set with absolutely nothing and PJ was essentially making it up as he went along.

uuuh this is your example of a movie not turning out bad from shitty writing and rewriting?
>>
>>63256259
I think it's a good sign. Many great movies have a troubled production history because bad luck and they tried to make it better by extending the shots.
>>
>>63256344

No shit head. The point was that was a completely different situation. JJ is making script alterations on script which everyone does, PJ might as well have not even had a script.
>>
>>63256344
To be fair it was only that bad in Battle of the Five Armies not during the production of The Hobbit in general. And after he got 2 extra months he was prepared.
>>
>>63256344
i think hes talking about battlle of the five armies
>>
>>63256409
>>63256403

hobbitheads please go. they were all bad
>>
>>63256506
Yeah whatever, I enjoyed them- You know, there are not so many big budget fantasy epics so I enjoy whatever I get.
>>
>>63255809
this article confirms the return of admiarl ackbar
>>
>>63256667

The puppeteer that voices him and operates him confirmed this months ago. Plus he's in one of the tv spots.
>>
>>63255809
>>We had scenes that, in all honesty, needed to get figured out sometimes while we were shooting. Sometimes they needed to be rewritten, reshot.
>does this happen often in filming movies

Happened all the time on LOTR so nothing to worry about
>>
>>63256667

Literally the meme movie.
>>
>>63256506
>>>
> Anonymous 12/02/15(Wed)15:03:22 No.63256506▶>>63256612
>>>63256409 (You)
>>>63256403
>hobbitheads please go. they were all bad

yeah theyre are definitely objectively bad, but people can enjoy them for what they are
>>
>>63257033
you could probably make a dragon ball kai version of them where you just remove all the scenes with stronk womyn elf, legolas, scenes that dont matter like beorn, wormtongue 2.0, etc and it would be a pretty cozy movie
>>
>>63256344
Casablanca is an example
>>
>>63255809
>rolling stone
Why isn't this an archive link? Nobody should be giving them clicks since the UVA frat story
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.