[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13
File: image:45683.jpg (8 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
image:45683.jpg
8 KB, 184x274
I find it disturbing that this is a television and movie thread, yet not a single person is talking about this movie? Clearly a top 3 movie of this year.

>Scene where he telling them he'll take anyone on and gets dropped
>finding out Apollo won the third match
>Single shot boxing match
>view of Philly
>that acting scene with Rocky in the locker room talking about cancer.

Here you guys posting blacked, what did he mean, why is she happy, what happen to this person, JUST, DC or Marvel BTFO, when will manlets learn, comfy, Big guy, CIA, and 24/7 tired out shifty Stars Wars threads. Let's talk about movies for once.
>>
Could you rank this against previous Rocky films to see if i should see it or not?
>>
You do know that nobody here actually leaves their house right? Wait until we can pirate it if you want to discuss the movie.
>>
I will take my wife to watch. I want her to get used to strong young black men.
>>
You'll need to wait for a pirated version to come out before you get real discussion on it.

Seriously.
>>
>>63250077
It follows the same formula in the first one and does it well. Rocky 1 & 2 are top tier, but it does hold its own to those. One thing that could have been fixed a bit was the relationship between Creed and his girlfriend. Could have been a little better but it is kept to a minimum which is good. So yeah if I had to compare it to the others I would say it's more similar to the first two Rocky films where they make you think it could really happen and not be goofy with the others Rocky films that followed.
>>
File: image:43361.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
image:43361.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>63250167
Go back to 9gag with this worn out joke or at least make up your own.
>>
When this music started... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGANPsZSEGE
>>
>>63250323
Let it all out, Jamal. My shoulder is here for you.
>>
>that scene where Rocky preps Adonis to fuck the corpse of Adrian
Anyone else feel this scene was unnecessary?
>>
>>63250167
>not saying your wife's son saw it and liked it because he identified with the main character because he is also black
>>
>>63250273
Sounds pretty good. Stallone is basically Micky then?
>>
I took my wife's daughter and her bull to it and they loved it.
>>
>>63250063
It is a legit crowd pleaser. I'm Canadian and we rarely make noise in theaters but when the THEME came on people were clapping and cheering.

Fun movie
>>
>>63250323
Hey reddit, do you have a creed sub yet?
>>
>>63250494
Yeah basically. There are a few sad part with Rocky getting up there in age. Just like I said relationship between Creed and his girlfriend could have been good. Some scenes felt a little force. You can tell the two actors probably didn't get time to work with each other more. Chemistry wasn't quiet strong between them like it was with Rocky and Adrian. For them to make up with that they just kept it to a minimum.
>>
>>63250532
You mean you're American?
>>
>>63250063
>Here you guys posting blacked, what did he mean, why is she happy, what happen to this person, JUST, DC or Marvel BTFO, when will manlets learn, comfy, Big guy, CIA, and 24/7 tired out shifty Stars Wars threads. Let's talk about movies for once.

I feel you OP. this board sucks cause of this
>>
>>63250063
Where would you rank it in the Rocky series?
>>
>>63250063
Because it'll just turn into kek posting.
>>
Maybe you should get some fucking taste instead kid
>>
rocky is a big guy
>>
>>63250908
Behind Rocky 1 & 2.
>>
>>63250334
this was easily the best moment of the entire movie

i did not think they were gonna use any rocky music but saving it for the end made it that much better
>>
It's a chick-flick for weepy men
>>
>>63250063
That's because the movie doesn't come out till JANUARY here..
>>
Definitely way better than expected. I have never seen a movie where the theater was so into it. Cried a few times, lots of feels.
>>
>>63250334
My favorite was this in the training scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWFfr1t5mgQ
>>
I cannot understand why /tv/, /pol/'s backyard, likes this movie about a nigro. It's because he lose in the end? That's the only explanation.
>>
>>63252630
Despite what reddit says we aren't really racist. We have no problems with black characters when they make sense and if the race of the character doesn't matter if the best actor gets the part.
>>
It's probably the last really good movie of 2015. The story is far from fresh, but the acting and direction are superb.
>>
>>63253035
>superb.

let's not get hysterical, they're competent
>>
>>63253154
Stallone was superb.
>>
It's being released on 21 January over here.

Can't wait to see it. I mean come on, Wallace and Avon in the same movie? That's something I gots to check out most def.
>>
>>63252865
>if the best actor gets the part.
To be honest I'd say Michael B. Jordan was the second weakest part of the movie with the love interest being the worst.
>>
>>63253902
I guess we're grading on a curve
>>
>black people clap and talk during films
>I will never watch a black movie in the theater

Gotta wait for that torrent.
>>
>>63250063
>blacked
/sp/ meme
>what did he mean
/v/ meme

rest are mix of /v/ and /sp/ memes

reminder /sp/ and /v/ killed this board, the former starting in 2013 with bane, the latter in 2014 with gg, and facebookers from fappening

rip tv
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 562x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 562x458
Not out until January in the UK.
>>
>>63250063
>finding out Apollo won the third match

not happy with that, not happy with that at all, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AMBIGUOUS YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>63250063
>not a single person is talking about this movie?

It's not even out in my country. The rips will probably be available before the release, but I'm interested in seeing this movie.
>>
Always been a big fan of the Rocky movies and this was a very pleasant surprise. Good to know Rocky V remains the only in the series I actively disliked.
>>
we are waiting for the pirate version, you fuckin normie
>>
>>63252865
>we have no problems with black characters when they make sense and if the race of the character doesnt matter

oh my god so much this. I don't give a shit if it makes sense, if the character works, if the actor fits, if the race doesn't matter. It's when they start shoving shit in needlessly just to fill out the PoC quota and the character is just black or yellow or red just because they have to be. In a "whoa check out how black this dude is isn't it rad and unique that he's black!?" sense, if that makes any sense at all.
>>
>>63254492
It was ambiguous for thirty odd years, who cares, I think it's cool that it was able to be used as a sort of easter egg/throwback reference now, instead of hamfisting some other shit in there instead.
>>
>>63250063
THIS! i've had enough of people making fucking jokes and memes about this great film. don't judge until you've seen it, i was shocked by how good it was, me and my wifes son loved it
>>
File: White Creed.jpg (10 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
White Creed.jpg
10 KB, 189x267
Didn't they already release this movie once this year?

Pic related
>>
>>63255033
Did he cry? Fatherless males always cry during movies like this.
>>
Who the fuck cares about boxing, or Rocky, anymore anyways?

Rocky came out like 40 fucking years ago, and NOBODY gives a fuck about boxing today, as it's all about MMA.

This film is probably just another attempt by Stallone to stay relevant, but I don't think it'll work, and I have zero desire to see this flick.
>>
>>63255541
Its hard to make a good mma movie when most matches end with two dudes dry humping on the ground.

The end of Bruno was the most accurate mma movie
>>
File: Hugs.jpg (127 KB, 265x238) Image search: [Google]
Hugs.jpg
127 KB, 265x238
>>63255751
>two dudes dry humping on the ground.

As opposed to two dudes dry humping on their feet?

Pic related.
>>
>>63255418
yes they sound like shill posts. Feel weird and a little bit out of place here.
>>
>>63255033
THIS. I go to a movie place in India where everyone never watches the movies. They just stand around and talk loudly and dance.

for the first time in my life the audience sat still. My 4 wives, by 20 kids, my 30 aunts and 40 mothers were all captured completely by the movie.

At the end everybody started dancing in appreciation and celebration.

Seriously, fellow redditors, go watch CREED right now!
>>
>>63255418

I'm not telling you to commit suicide or anything, but the world really would be a better place without you.
>>
File: DqIJ5Ex.jpg (33 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
DqIJ5Ex.jpg
33 KB, 494x358
>>63256097
Anything to make your job harder, faggot.
>>
>>63256097
It would be a lot better off without shills, not without the people exposing and berating shills.
>>
My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this movie. I will definatley tent or on demand to watch with the guys and I will buy the blu-ray when it comes out.
>>
>>63257491
Rent*
>>
>>63255418
gr8 b8
>>
>>63257522
Just give up.

>>63257619
You're not fitting in m8.
>>
>>63257801
>>63257491
>>
Way better than I expected it to be. The one take fight scene was really cool. Some people thought it was random person in the back row when Rocky was yelling.
>>
Easily in my top ten for the year that's for sure

and the fact that I worked on it has nothing to do with it
>>
stallone is still a monster. i can't wait till i'm 60 so i can fill my head with fuckloads of HGH.
>>
>>63256294
>>63256422
Paranoid retards like you are the reason why we can't report posts for commercial spam anymore.

Fuck off.
>>
It seriously does not interest me in the least.
>>
Amazing film, on par with Balboa.
>>
File: e45.png (521 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
521 KB, 720x528
>>63260355
>paranoid
How is this not an obvious shill thread?
>>
>>63258651
>Some people thought it was random person in the back row when Rocky was yelling.

I thought the same for a second, I immediately looked around since it sounded like it was someone two rows away from me. The sound editing in that scene was great.
>>
>>63260615
Ur dads ded bitch
>>
>>63260609

>there are 45 shills in this thread
>>
>>63260701
You're literally retarded.
>>
Its a boxing movie - theyre the definition of "paint by numbers" movies - all the same ie: boring.
>>
>>63260772

you are
>>
>>63250063
ive been avoiding threads about this movie, because I dont want to be spoiled, and its the first movie of the year I will go see at the theaters.
>>
>suspect confirmed nigger

Oh boy, what a surprise
>>
>>63260794
spic
>>
>>63260820
Fuck off.
>>
>>63260792
There has never been a bad boxing movie. You sound like a nerd.
>>
File: 20151202_151558.jpg (85 KB, 717x1274) Image search: [Google]
20151202_151558.jpg
85 KB, 717x1274
Just got home from it.

First of, the Regal Cinema in Palos Verdes is the nicest theater I've ever been to in my life. You pick your seat when you pay for your ticket, and every seat is a leather recliner. I'm never going back to the Del Amo AMC.

Ok as for the movie. Solid 7. I love Rocky. It's one of my favorite films and I've seen all of them. I thought Rocky Balboa was good.

What I liked about the movie:
The intro. The scene where his mom comes and meets him and he says "What was his name" and the title card comes up gave my goosebumps. That's how you start a movie.
Michael B Jordan. I'm a Wire fan and therefore I love every actor that was on The Wire. This dude is no exception. I thought he was outstanding in Chronicle. You can tell he put in a lot of work in the gym to get in shape and learn how to box. Dude was solid.
The second act fight scene. Holy shit. Probably the best combat sport scene ever. The first round, and maybe the entire fight, is one solid take, no cuts. Remember the crazy shootout scene in True Detective? It was like that.
Real world boxing shit. I liked that they talked about head trauma. I liked that Rocky needed to be reminded there was a W at the end of 'shadow'. I like that they had Stitch Duran, Andre Ward, and other IRL boxing people.
Rocky. He's just so lovable. I like how he portrayed his age. He talks like an old timer. I like that he still has his chair stashed in the tree by Adrian's grave.

cont...
>>
Friend had a spare ticket because his bitch didn't want to see BLACKED: the flick so I went.
Generic trash, don't even know why they bothered making a new movie.
>>
File: 20151202_122358.jpg (474 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151202_122358.jpg
474 KB, 2048x1152
>>63260920

What I didn't like:
Bianca. Cliche and I didnt like the nignogspeak she and Adonis used. She was forced. On the other hand, at least they didnt try to force a white girl as the love interest.

Rocky having cancer. So forced. Why not have it be Parkinson's or Alzeimers? So they could do the "you fight and I'll fight" line? Cornball as fuck. It just opens up more plotholes like why didnt they address if Rocky called his son and told him, or why Rocky would make a critical life decision just cause of some kid he met last week.

The unbelievability of a guy with one pro fight in the US getting a title shot against a WBC champ. It just doesnt happen.

Overall, good movie. Glad I paid to see it in the theaters. I made me teary eyed at a couple points, and I felt happen when the theme hit towards the end.

BTW, this is a pic of my feet up on the footrest of the recliner I mentioned before.
>>
>>63250063
Film got me hyped!!! I actually thought you fags were bullshitting about it being good turns out was the best $15 I spent in ages
>>
>>63260920
>living in LA

you trying to "make it," bro?
>>
>>63260920
>Just got home from it.
Seems to be happening a lot in these Creed threads.

>First of, the Regal Cinema in Palos Verdes is the nicest theater I've ever been to in my life. You pick your seat when you pay for your ticket, and every seat is a leather recliner. I'm never going back to the Del Amo AMC
What the fuck?
Who talks like that?

>Ok as for the movie. Solid 7. I love Rocky. It's one of my favorite films and I've seen all of them. I thought Rocky Balboa was good.
Lots of 7s nowadays, too!
Why is that last sentence even there?

>What I liked about the movie:
The intro. The scene where his mom comes and meets him and he says "What was his name" and the title card comes up gave my goosebumps. That's how you start a movie.
Michael B Jordan. I'm a Wire fan and therefore I love every actor that was on The Wire. This dude is no exception. I thought he was outstanding in Chronicle. You can tell he put in a lot of work in the gym to get in shape and learn how to box. Dude was solid.
The second act fight scene. Holy shit. Probably the best combat sport scene ever. The first round, and maybe the entire fight, is one solid take, no cuts. Remember the crazy shootout scene in True Detective? It was like that.
Real world boxing shit. I liked that they talked about head trauma. I liked that Rocky needed to be reminded there was a W at the end of 'shadow'. I like that they had Stitch Duran, Andre Ward, and other IRL boxing people.
Rocky. He's just so lovable. I like how he portrayed his age. He talks like an old timer. I like that he still has his chair stashed in the tree by Adrian's grave.
TL;DR
Oh... there's that word 'SOLID' once again...

>cont...
Pls
>>
>>63261120
I was born here. I'm aint no transplant.
>>
>>63250077
>muh 9gag tier charts

kill yourself
>>
>>63261024
>What I didn't like:Bianca. Cliche and I didnt like the nignogspeak she and Adonis used. She was forced. On the other hand, at least they didnt try to force a white girl as the love interest.Rocky having cancer. So forced. Why not have it be Parkinson's or Alzeimers? So they could do the "you fight and I'll fight" line? Cornball as fuck. It just opens up more plotholes like why didnt they address if Rocky called his son and told him, or why Rocky would make a critical life decision just cause of some kid he met last week.The unbelievability of a guy with one pro fight in the US getting a title shot against a WBC champ. It just doesnt happen. Overall, good movie. Glad I paid to see it in the theaters. I made me teary eyed at a couple points, and I felt happen when the theme hit towards the end. BTW, this is a pic of my feet up on the footrest of the recliner I mentioned before.
TL; DR
Lots of tears in these threads.
Trying too hard with the stupid recliner nonsense.
I smell a shill.
>>
>>63260920
shill
>>
File: buy fight pass ya goof.gif (960 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
buy fight pass ya goof.gif
960 KB, 320x180
>>63260920
shill
>>
>>63260920
shill
>>
Shill
>>
HEEM SHILLY
>>
>>63260920
>>63261024
>implying you weren't paid extra to take those pics
>>
>>63254492
The way it's played in the film, Rocky might be lying.
>>
>IV Musical > I > II > Balboa = Creed > III > V > IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHdpyvayAcw
>>
File: 1446723309418.jpg (65 KB, 535x434) Image search: [Google]
1446723309418.jpg
65 KB, 535x434
>>63250063
>tfw "Going the Distance" kicks in at the final fight
Also, the objective ranking is now-
Rocky > IV > Creed > Balboa > II = III > V
>>
>>63255298
this one is actually good, m8y
>>
That single shot boxing match in the middle actually was amazing
>>
>>63261683
Creed 2 : Creed vs. Drago Jr.
Creed 3 : Creed vs. Paulie's Robot
>>
>>63262165
Yeah that was really impressive.
>>
>>63250063
I heard its so good theater viewers cheered at the final fight
>>
>>63255541
MMA is the gayest sport there is
>>
>>63250063
My wife's son said it's his favourite movie of the year
>>
>>63255922
mad MMAfag detected
>>
>>63264425
kek
>>
>>63261024
>The unbelievability of a guy with one pro fight in the US getting a title shot against a WBC champ. It just doesnt happen.

Are you fucking serious? We're talking about the Rocky movies, its literally the plot of the first film and less crazy than Rocky 4 or 6.
>>
>>63266008
Rocky had way more than 1 pro fight you idiot.
>>
I figured this would be completely retarded but now I'm interested
>>
This movie could have gone so wrong in SO many ways, and yet it ends up being one of the best movies of the year. Basically everyone loves it even though it's technically a "black movie" sequel to a white movie franchise
>>
File: CREED.jpg (452 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
CREED.jpg
452 KB, 620x877
I can't believe a black guy only two years older than me directed this
>>
>>63250063
I'd watch it if Creeds girlfriend is a white girl
>>
It did the Rocky franchise justice.

Michael B Jordan wasn't some thug hood.

His youth was straightforward and clear: troubled kid who didn't have a dad

It was also a fresh look and I actually loved the cinematics.

8/10
>>
File: 1376454370176.gif (2 MB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
1376454370176.gif
2 MB, 320x230
>mfw the iCloud scene
>>
>>63266008
Not to mention how they explained that no other reputable ranked boxer wanted to fight the British champ, since he was going to go to prison anyway, so he asked Creed to be his opponent in his last fight because Creed was a new and buzzed-about up-and-comer and because he knew he wouldn't lose his belt to an amateur such as him
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.