[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 1443155244008.jpg (77 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1443155244008.jpg
77 KB, 600x900
Come Dec 18th, when The Force Awakens hits theaters, should admins here create a dedicated Star Wars board just to keep /tv/ and /co/ as pristine as possible?

Just throwing my idea out here. This board already seems flooded with SW threads, and when people go to see it it will likely get even worse.
>>
>>63249393

Can we get a bane board too?
>>
>>63249427

Nigga, you can just go to 8ch /bane/
>>
>>63249393
This is literally the only thing that will save this board come December.

Remember when the fucking TEASER came out? There were two, maybe three non-Star Wars threads. Every single thread in the catalog had Boyega's mug on it.

If we don't have some sort of containment sticky or new dedicated board, /tv/ will never survive.
>>
File: untitled.pngtreqwars.png (88 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
untitled.pngtreqwars.png
88 KB, 259x194
1-2-3 pt
5-4-6 ot

trek vs wars 2026

scenncap this
>>
>>63249393
yes
>>
/sw/ would be reasonable. /tv/ can't handle all the shitposting, it's going to be relentless.
>>
File: like tears in the rain scoob.jpg (23 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
like tears in the rain scoob.jpg
23 KB, 499x430
Sick of Star Wars already? Me too many, the movie isn't even out yet and I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. Ads, merchandise, plastered all over food at the grocery store, toys, video games, every fucking poser nerd's tshirt, on the radio, on the TV, on Youtube, and ever other social media outlet. It's maddening.

But it's only going to get worse.

The new film is set to be one of the biggest box office openings of all time. We're going to be getting another movie next year, and two the year after that, and two more the year after that. Maybe they'll ramp it up to three even after while, since they're going the Marvel route with the property anyway. Why not, this last year has clearly show that Star Wars now prints more money than ever before.

It'll never go away. Disney owns Star Wars. Lucas sold it to them, and it can never be undone. We're going to watch Star Wars get milked to death again and again, with new movies coming out every year for the rest of our lives.

This is the sad reality we live in now, and all we can do is deal with it.
>>
>>63249393
Although /tv/ is going to collapse when it comes out, I don't think there is a big enough userbase for a star wars board
>>
>>63249989
every retart on earth with an iphone will be here
>>
/tv/ survived during TDKR and both Avengers films
>>
Start spamming the spoilers instead
This will keep these retards in check if the moderators refuse to

They are confirmed as the guy that leaked attack and revenge is the one that leaked them
>>
>>63249572
>Who are you?
>I AM.... VAAAAADEEEEER
>>
File: 1445365980201.jpg (3 MB, 1920x4832) Image search: [Google]
1445365980201.jpg
3 MB, 1920x4832
>>63249393
Used to have a jpg of when the teaser came out and out of 50 threads one was none Star Wars. It was a /got/ thread. This is the closest thing I have.
>>
>>63249701
Went to the movies on Sunday and there was four fucking Star Wars related ads. Two of which were back to back.
>>
Of course not.

Roughly two months after The Force Awakens comes out is when Star Wars discussion will really die down. At that point, nobody on here will be clamoring for a Star Wars board because nobody will be discussing it anymore.

Star Wars is flavor-of-the-month material. This just happens to be a very long "month".

Have you been to /mlp/ lately? It's almost fucking dead, and that's because there didn't need to be a board for it. It was the current flavor-of-the-month and during that month the discussion got so overwhelming that Moot made a separate board for it. Just like any flavor-of-the-month, it eventually died down and thus the board became useless.

There is no point in making containment boards for flavor-of-the-month subjects like this.
>>
>>>/qa/
>>>/hirotwitter/

The latter is the best way to get at him
>>
>>63250326
>Have you been to /mlp/ lately?

No. Have you tasted my dick lately?
>>
That's just pushing /tv/'s shitposting somewhere else and forcing the Star Wars fans on the other boards to suffer.
>>
>>63250179
That image doesn't make it look very overwhelming at all.
>>
>>63250421
That's what they get for liking shit
>>
File: onlookers.jpg (31 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
onlookers.jpg
31 KB, 720x480
>>63249393
no. once the movie opens the only thing that will truly save /tv/ is to block all Red Letter Media IPs and proxies to keep the shilling down some more.
>>
>>63250326
Then lock the board for a few weeks until the next trailer/movie/book/video game/comic/toy comes out. They're going to be making this shit for the next 10 years.

>>63250421
They could post there video games and toys and shit there as well.
>>
>>63250421
Good
You've ruined this board in a way that even /b/ couldn't do
>>
>why don't people only discuss the things I want to be discussed: the thread
Get over it puccboi
>>
>>63250568
>Then lock the board for a few...
Or you could quit acting like a fucking child and just ignore threads that don't interest you.

You realize that by being so sensitive to seeing things on the internet you don't like, you're essentially just acting like the average SJW, right?
>>
>>63250653
Oh look its a tourist that wants /tv/ to keep being his sfw /b/!

Why is it always outsiders bros?
>>
>>63250667
I've been coming to this board for over 8 years. The only difference between me and you is that I didn't come here from tumblr.
>>
>>63250653
Are you suggesting that everyone stick there head in sand and never discuss anything?
>>
File: 1444005086801.jpg (124 KB, 420x596) Image search: [Google]
1444005086801.jpg
124 KB, 420x596
>>63249393
>dat jar-jar
>>
>>63250761
No, I'm suggesting that you discuss whatever you want as long as it's related to film and/or television and ignore any threads that don't interest you.

How are you not understanding this? There's literally no way I can make this any simpler for you.
>>
/film/ 2bh
we have /lit/ and /ic/ backing to make sure plebs are forced back to imdb
>>
>>63250798
Maybe this thread interests me. It clearly interests you.
>>
>>63250832
This thread does interest me. That's why I'm taking part in this discussion. If it didn't interest me then you wouldn't see me in this thread because I would be too busy ignoring it and discussing something else in a different thread.

What's your point?
>>
>>63250040
>retart
>not retard

Found the retard
>>
>>63250862
That sometimes when you ignore things they don't just go away.
>>
>tfw have tickets for the 23rd of December, will have to avoid /tv/ for a whole week
>will be the the best or worst week of my life

Save all the memes for me pls
>>
>>63249393
Nah, it's the same with the GoT season and the GoT eternal thread, just some mod doing his job will take care of it
>>
>>63250976
>just some mod doing his job will take care of i
Have you been here for the past 12 months? they even baby sit the /b/ tier threads that would be deleted if it was for any other movie. What makes you think they're going to change their minds in the next few months?
>>
>>63251044
IE >>63244873
6 fucking hours
>>
>>63250941
For one thing, Star Wars discussion is just flavor of the month shit that's going to mostly die out a couple months after Force Awakens comes out.

Second, it doesn't need to go away. Just because something doesn't interest you, it doesn't mean it needs to go away. It just means you have no reason to pay attention to it and thus are free to ignore it without consequence.
>>
>>63251117
A couple of months after TFA comes out there will be a trailer for the next one. Then we get >>63250179 again. Every year for at least the next 10 years. Hardly FotM.
>>
File: 1446916238759.jpg (2 MB, 2959x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446916238759.jpg
2 MB, 2959x1080
Not going to happen
Disney is paying for spam and not a board
>>
>>63251471
I don't realistically expect it to. Simply discussing hypothetical options.
>>
>>63251513
Get more people behind you and it can happen. Try the other boards that also have star shitter problems
>>
Join a Star Wars forum you faggot.
>>
Bump

Pls make it happen japanman
>>
File: 1411619695831.jpg (12 KB, 241x221) Image search: [Google]
1411619695831.jpg
12 KB, 241x221
>/tv/ is going to be 24/7 star wars shitposting for the next 4 months, bare minimum
>mfw we have not even begun to see the full power of fully operational jjposting
>>
>the bane posting will finally be put to rest

Bane is dead, long live Sheev!
>>
>>63251471
Do you think that all those shitposts are spam? I'm not sure myself, could be an autist doing it.

Anyway, a SW-board would kill the spammers. It's like looking up a bunch of retards in a room and leaving them alone.

Imagine a /tv/ free from Star wars! What an utopia.
>>
>>63250958
Why get tickets for such a late showing?
>>
>>63250653
I agree with you in priciple, BUT there's currently 14 Star wars threads on /tv/.
Usually there are far more, I count them sometimes, and once there were 27 active SW-threads.
That's not acceptable.
>>
>>63252612
Its meme marketing
>>
>>63252650
because IMAX was sold out in a day in a half here, only on the 23rd were three acceptable seats left.

And I live in fucking Croatia, to put the hype in perspective
>>
>>63249393
By that logic there would've been a dedicated bane board between 2012 and 2014
>>
>>63253562
interesting mental gymnastics
>>
>>63249427
you have /b/
>>
Yes + make it include ccapeshit too. I feel like hiro would rather do that than make /film/ anyway
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.