[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you expect from Spider-Man in Civil War? Marvel themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
What do you expect from Spider-Man in Civil War? Marvel themselves have been hyping his new costume. It led people to believe Iron Spider was going to happen, but then they said it was something he threw together himself, which then led people to speculate it's going to be some ugly as fuck suit.

Due to getting the rights back just as filming began people are expecting a very minor role, borderline cameo appearance. However Marvel has said they have a number of scripts/paths ready for the future should they ever get the rights to certain characters back.

There's a group of people who don't want to see any Spider-Man promo material and just want to wait until the movie to see him. While kind of neat it would be a terrible marketing decision by Disney who needs Spider-Man + The Avengers to compete against Batman v Superman. They have to promote the shit out of Spider-Man joining the MCU and fighting alongside Captain American and Iron Man.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2, considered a disappointment both critically and financially brought in 700 million worldwide. This will be the only movie Marvel gets to make money on Spider-Man until the next Avengers because according to their deal Marvel keeps all Spider-Man cross over money, but Sony keeps all stand-alone Spider-Man MCU money.
>>
We saw spidey already?

yes i live under a rock, fuck you
>>
File: holland-as-spider-man-haeder.jpg (43 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
holland-as-spider-man-haeder.jpg
43 KB, 640x347
>>63096030
No. We haven't seen the MCU Spider-Man yet. Pic related is the new Peter if you haven't heard.
>>
>>63095964
He will appear only in the end to reconcile the two parts desu
>>
Yeah, no.
Iron man is the flagship, he's more popular than spidey
>>
>>63095964
#BringBackToby
>>
>>63096188
Literally wrong.
>>
>>63096188
He's also getting canned pretty soon. The whole 'first era' avengers are going to be gone after Avengers 3: Thanos boogaloo
>>
File: 1439134159505.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
1439134159505.gif
691 KB, 255x209
>>63095964
looks fucking sick desu m8
>>
>>63095964
You're assuming he has a huge role, it's probably more than he's the largest side character.

Maybe similar to the kid in IM3's screen time, probably less.

I doubt he'll be as important as even Sharon Carter's small TWS role.
>>
>>63096222
"Muh toys"

That's before the failure of asm2

No one cares about Spiderman
Adding him to civil war makes no difference, even cap is more popular
>>
>>63095964
You will not see a spiderman in civil war like the spiderman in your pic op. In civil war they have already confirmed spiderman will be a young teen with a costume made by himself so the costume wont be great
>>
I wonder if Tony will use Peter as the poster boy for the Pro Reg side, like in the comics
>>
>>63096914
I'm not actually assuming anything. I just want to hear /tv/s thoughts. I'd love for him to have a large a role as possible, but really not sure what to expect, I'm expected to be disappointed.

>>63097119
I know that. I can separate the comics from the films just fine and in this case it's a good thing they're different because Civil War was shit. It just so happens Spider-Man's arch in it was the best thing to come out of it.
>>
>>63095964
I doubt he'll be in it much at all.
>>
>>63097209
Can't see it. Though it offers a fresh take on him that hasn;t been seen in the films I think it would add unnecessary baggage to his solo outing.
>>
Spiderman is just gonna have a cameo
>>
name one good costume that marvel has made that isn't iron-man
>>
File: 1408121182333.jpg (567 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1408121182333.jpg
567 KB, 800x1200
>>63101006
>>
>>63101006
Star-Lord
>>
I expect a wise-cracking jokester with the best quips in the movie
>>
>>63101006
Thor's The Dark World costume is pretty badass.
>>
>>63101470
Sounds like every marvel movie ever
>>
>>63095964

Spidey's literally the only thing that has me interested in this movie, and I'm already put off a bit by the fuck ugly kid they cast to play him. If it's just a tiny part they may as well have not bothered introducing him till his solo.
>>
>>63101006
Starlord
About half of Captain America's outfits
Thor
>>
Spidey's role in CW is mostly known, thanks to leaks.

He has a fight scene

He fights Captain America[/spolier]
>>
>>63095964
Is that an official poster?
They should've kept the eyes white but otherwise that's a solid Spidey outfit.
>>
>>63101006
I was kinda disappointed when he got the proper Daredevil suit
>>
>>63101719
No
>>
>>63101750
I hope they redesign it. It really wasn't that good.

Then again all his other outfit was was a black Iron Fist costume.
>>
File: 555a8172ce563_ryan_meinerding.jpg (47 KB, 582x850) Image search: [Google]
555a8172ce563_ryan_meinerding.jpg
47 KB, 582x850
>>63101852
I don't think I even have that much of an issue with the design (could use more red), it's just that it didn't look to me like it sat on his face right.
>>
>>63101945
Makes the gloves and boots red, and redesign the mask and it would be pretty great.
>>
>>63101945
Exactly. Like his cowl didn't quite fit. Made him seem a little more smug to boot, but that might have just been him.
>>
File: 1448673354369.jpg (179 KB, 582x850) Image search: [Google]
1448673354369.jpg
179 KB, 582x850
>>63101971
>>63102001
How's this look?
>>
>>63102221
Better. I do like the black, but it kind of dominated the suit. Making the boots and gloves red evens it out a bit.
>>
>>63101006
I think Ant-Man looks pretty swell.
>>
>>63097037
lel. Spiderman and Wolverine are easily Marvel's two most popular characters.
>>
>>63097037
>700 million
>failure

Only in the eyes of Sony. It was as much a "failure" as Superman Returns.
>>
>>63097037
Spiderman's popularity doesn't come from movies senpai.
>>
>>63102483
A sequel about one of the two most popular superheroes not getting a billion is a failure.
>>
>>63102625
But it still made a large profit, even with advertising. Sure, it didn't make a billion, but holy fuck, it wasn't a flop. Sony only made money from ASM 2.
>>
>>63095964
So... I've never actually seen any of the Captain America series, nor any of the Avengers movies. I do have a general idea of what's happening though.

I have seen GOTG and most of the Ironman stuff.

Would I be able to jump into Civil War straight away, or should I watch each & every Marvel movie?
>>
>>63102827
Just watch the first two Captain Americas. You could watch the Avengers movies, but I feel they could be optional. Civil War is very much a Cap sequel, though, with a focus on another character whose arc started with First Avenger.

Expect a campy Rocketeeresque movie with First Avenger. Joe Johnston directed it and it shows; you'll either love that or hate it.
Winter Soldier gets a lot of praise, and frankly it deserves it.
Both are worth a watch.
>>
>>63102221
Why block the ears?
>>
Captain America a shit Tbh lads
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.