[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential Doctor Who catch up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: head_docwho_ess.jpg (56 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
head_docwho_ess.jpg
56 KB, 640x460
Can you point me towards a good and up-to date list of essential Doctor Who (2005-on)?

I've done some Googling, but would appreciate your opinion greatly...
>>
>>63088219
Season 1, 3 and 4 are ok. 2 is pure shit. The Christmas specials usually suck so skip them. Everything since Matt Smith appears (season 5 and onwards) is the worst garbage on Earth, so stop with season 4.
>>
>>63088219
All of it you fag its not that much.
>>
>>63088258
gr8 b8 m9
>>
>>63088258
> watch none of them

>>63088306
> watch all of them

Great suggestions both, but I was rather hoping to find a desirable middle point between the two extremes.
>>
>>63089158
just watch eccleston smith and capaldi
dont bother with tennant
>>
Start with the very beginning of the reboot, Rose.

Don't watch anything that makes you excessively cringe, move to the next story. Either you will fall in love with style and premise and start tolerating worst excesses of it, you it's not a show for you.
>>
>>63089158
I told you to watch season 1, 3 and 4, that's not "none of them".
Season 2 has all the worst episodes in the show, there is maybe 1 or 2 decent ones for all the fucking season, might as well just skip all this shit.
The showrunner changed after season 4 so it became shit, and the Doctors (Matt Smith and Capaldi), are garbage. If you're not happy with that, your loss.
All, there is a fucking containment thread for that shitty show >>63077692 but you'll have better luck on tumblr or reddit.
>>
>>63089234
>capaldi
>garbage
no
>>
I'm a fan who's seen all the Whos. I'm trying to compile a "best of" for my girlfriend, but hoped there was a ready-made one out there.
>>
File: livingthedream.jpg (221 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
livingthedream.jpg
221 KB, 1024x687
>>63089382
>my girlfriend
>>
File: 1446936769714.png (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446936769714.png
13 KB, 400x400
>>63089382
>my girlfriend
>>
Ninth Doctor

Rose
Dalek
The Empty Child / Doctor Dances

Tenth Doctor

Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen / Age of Steel (YMMV)
Impossible Planet / Satan Pit
Human Nature / Family of Blood
Blink
Utopia (Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords if you want resolution)
Fires of Pompeii
Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead
Midnight
Next Doctor
Waters of Mars
End of Time (if you enjoyed S3 finale)

Eleventh Doctor

The Eleventh Hour
Amy's Choice
Vincent and the Doctor
The Lodger
A Christmas Carol
Rebel Flesh / The Almost People
Closing Time
The Snowmen
Crimson Horror
Day of the Doctor
Time of the Doctor

Twelfth Doctor

Deep Breath
Listen
Time Hurst
Mummy on the Orient Express
Dark Water / Death in Heaven

Get at me, /who/.
>>
>>63089510
not too bad but some episodes should be replacedf with others
>>
>>63089510
Thank you
>>
>>63088219
Start at S01 E01, Rose. Just enjoy the campy ride.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.