[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Boondocks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
What does /tv/ think of Boondocks?
>>
2dark4me
>>
First, what did YOU think of it?
>>
>>63079290
Not my cup of tea, maybe I'd enjoy it more if I were black.
>>
i like how it has the nerve to occasionally criticize nig nogs but it's still anti-white at heart
>>
>>63079337
Mixed feels.

I'm white but the funniest parts of the show is when it's being really racist toward black people, and that's mostly involving scenes like Ruckus.

So I feel kind of uncomfortable watching the show because I really think it isn't meant for me, if that makes sense.
>>
>>63079375
Americans are weird people.
>>
>>63079290
Amazing show with a great style. There are boring episodes that are pretty much 1-time watches or are skippable, but the early season episodes have great stuff.

The exorcism episode is probably my favorite.
>>
good shit
>>
Its as close to Richard Pryor and Chappelles show as anybody has come.

Fucking hilarious.
>>
It was one of [as]'s stand out original programs until Aaron left. After that point the show lost its creative direction and resorted to hamhanded pop culture critique.
>>
File: 1439509498363.jpg (65 KB, 661x661) Image search: [Google]
1439509498363.jpg
65 KB, 661x661
>watch half the episodes of season 4
>"wtf this is shit what's going on
>find out Aaron had no involvement in season 4
> see a once great series go out with a whimper in its final season
>mfw
>>
File: 1436080541178.jpg (42 KB, 436x365) Image search: [Google]
1436080541178.jpg
42 KB, 436x365
my ex refused to watch this show because she said it was racist and i was like, yeah, that's the point. it's okay though, the creator is black and it's pretty hilarious
>mfw she's probably getting plowed by some black dude right now
>>
>>63080957
Same reaction I had man, damn shame. The animation really took a turn in season 4 too, it's like family guy or any other seemingly "high budget" animate program where the only animation that goes on in any given scene is just either the hands or the mouth.

the story of gangstalischious was my fav episode
>>
that actual WISDOM in season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E
>>
>>63081032
should have got a qt brown gf instead.
>>
>>63081032
its not racist humor, its racial humor

thats what people fail to grasp, especially nowdays
>>
>>63081111
QUADS SPEAKE THE TRUTH!!!!!!
>>
>>63080957
>final season
fml
>>
>>63081088
>leaving out the fall out of the speech

How do you miss the point that hard?
>>
File: WernerHerzog.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WernerHerzog.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63081032

> The boondocks is racist

Was she a white supremacist? Because that's legit the only answer that makes sense following that statement.
>>
>>63079290
Season 1 was fine, the rest is shit
>>
>>63079342
It's incredibly anti black, dude. The Obama election episode is GODLY now on retrospect.
>>
>>63081423

Fuck off, season 3 is great.
>>
>>63079497

WHAT'S GOOD, NYUKKUH??
>>
File: 1260015162381.jpg (66 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1260015162381.jpg
66 KB, 300x360
>>63081452
>It's incredibly anti black, dude
>>
>>63081452
Suburban sheltered teen detected. It's racial comedy/satire. Huey was more defined by conspiracy, anti-corporate views than black shit. Riley was into black culture cause he thought it was cool, same with the white 'thugs'. The MLK episode was the epitome of the series: popular black culture has superseded any other considerations for black people, and in so doing hilarity has replaced beong concrete.

The obama episode was an example of this, like how all blacks thought life would be great because they thought the culture would come along for the ride and in so doing get them elevated or some shit. Nothing happened, and they were pissed/disappointed because of that. They have little substance and those who don't rely on the culture are looked down upon, like the lawyer and Uncle Ruckus. It also shows the negative aspects of the culture, like how Thugnificent's life was not stable and BET would fuck with your intelligence, or how being a playa is not so glamorous.

George Lopez does the same shit. His material pokes fun at the culture to make a point. Hell, many stand-up comedians do the same shit.
>>
I think I call everyone nigga too much when I watch it. It's going to get me in trouble someday. Also, it's like South Park, every view point is stupid and taken to the extreme. Nigga.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.