[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched Breaking Bad for the first time. What does /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: BRBA.png (170 KB, 635x381) Image search: [Google]
BRBA.png
170 KB, 635x381
I just watched Breaking Bad for the first time.

What does /tv/ think of it?
>>
it's okay
>>
>>62989353

heisenberg is the best :^)
>>
Very good series but ridiculously overrated. Maybe in 10 years we'll have more objectivity and less of this "Breaking Bad GREATEST SHOW EVAR!!!" bullshit
>>
Really good. The Fly is my favorite episode.
>>
>>62989353
>What does /tv/ think of it?
Nigger form your own opinion, you shouldn't come here so you can compile the responses into a shitpile of what you'll regurgitate.

What did you think of it OP?
>>
>>62989441
Did people not like The Fly? I thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>62989477
One of my roommates didn't like it. "Nothing happens."
>>
>>62989456
Opinions don't exist in a vacuum, what you've heard and read is always a factor. Also, sometimes you just don't know what to make of a film/show you've just seen, and hearing the thoughts of others helps you to form a complete opinion.
>>
>>62989477
I thought it tried too hard to be artsy.
It was an ok episode.
>>
10/10 fight me

Lol select all images of trees im way too drunk for that
>>
>>62989559
>sometimes you just don't know what to make of a film/show you've just seen, and hearing the thoughts of others helps you to form a complete opinion
See I agree with that, but OP offered no insight on what he thought of the show and only wanted to hear the opinions of others, to allow discussion and not spoonfeed, he has to say something first-hand
>>
>>62989353
My nigga, just finished season 5 yesterday
Feels weird watching it on 2015 though, even if I'm usually late for the party
>>
Season 5 pissed me off. still hurts now everytime i think about it. jesse a best
>>
>>62989456
>What did you think of it OP?
I thought it was a really gripping show with very relatable characters. The action scenes were intense but the dialogue is where the show really shines. I guess I'll start with main characters and let the conversation branch off from there.

The slow buildup of Walt was very different from his quick demise in the fifth season due to leaving behind the book that I thought, of all the cautious people in the show, he would have hidden or burned.

Jesse's change from a jokester drug user to sidekick of Walt then a somewhat antagonist in the end was very clever. His internal conflict of whether he was loyal to Walt or Chicken Guy was probably my favorite section of his parts of the show. I really liked him. He had one of the hardest times of any character in the show, I'd argue.

Hank was a lovable jackass cop in the beginning, but then after El Paso he struggles to retain his demeanor. When he's recovering from his attempted-assassination reminded me of how I was when I had surgery. And then he gets back on his Heisenberg case and it revives him. I was sad to see the final confrontation between him and the Neo-Nazis, but he did crack the case and get his bad guy. In the end I'm not sure whether he forgave Walt or not.

Skyler was not the super bitch I was told she was by my friend who watched the show long before me. She was understandably upset at all of what was going on and felt like she had no control of the situation, so she handled it as best she could. Yea she was a cunt sometimes but more often than not she was looking out for her family, sometimes in a better way than Walt was doing.

>>62989556
Hm. I found it funny because I've been in situations like that before, where there's a super annoying object of focus that you can't seem to get rid of and you have friends try to help you out.

>>62989601
Only the beginning and end were very artsy to me. I mostly liked how it was a bonding between Jesse and Walt.
>>
>>62989353
It's a great show but it's totally overrated by normies who binge watched it.
And because normies like it, /tv/ doesn't despite that during it's entire run, everyone liked it until the the 5th season. Around the same time Netflix acquired it.
>>
>>62989776
*I guess I could expound on Walt a bit,

All throughout the show it felt like he was making excuses for being forced into this or that. But the end is when it really struck me, when he tells Skyler that he did it because it was something he was good at. Something that made him feel alive.

All along he wanted to succeed at something in life. And he did it, regardless of his means of getting there.

It's pretty sharply contrasted by Grey Matter Tech which was a future he could have been a part of.
>>
We loved it, and then it got popular, and we liked it less, and then the writing got worse but we still kinda liked it.
>>
>>62989776
>the dialogue is where the show really shines
>I am the one who knocks
>dammit marie they're minerals
>YEAH SCIENCE BITCH
>I fucked ted
C'mon now

Jessie is objectively worst character in the entire show, literally most of the shows problems are caused by him, should've died in season 1

Hank remained 2 dimensional to barely 3 dimensional until he dies, the neo Nazis were obviously forced in by the end, they needed another antagonist.

Skyler isn't all that bad but her fucking ted and then giving away all of Walt's money to ted(I think she gave it to him, I haven't seen the show in 2 years) was unforgivable.

You should've wrote this in the first place.
>>
>>62990172
The dialogue is where all of the drama happens though.

>Jessie is objectively worst character in the entire show, literally most of the shows problems are caused by him,
That's true, but he also had his reasons. He really works well as a side-protaganist with Walt.
>should've died in season 1
I don't think the show would have been nearly as good without him
>Hank remained 2 dimensional to barely 3 dimensional until he dies,
True, but that's exactly what I expected. He's a cop with a mission.
>the neo Nazis were obviously forced in by the end, they needed another antagonist.
Agreed. The Nazis were like a dark horse antagonist.
>Skyler isn't all that bad but her fucking ted and then giving away all of Walt's money to ted(I think she gave it to him, I haven't seen the show in 2 years) was unforgivable.
Yea that really pissed me off. She shouldn't have gone behind Walt's back like that. But then again Walt was going behind her back all the time.

Fucking Ted was her only way of getting back at Walt. She felt pretty shitty about it after she left Ted though.
>>
I am rewatching the show on Netflix for the first time since watching when it aired originally, and I have no idea if this was intentional or not but 90% of the characters in the show are totally fucking unlikable and irrational and unrelateable.

The only likable characters in the entire series are Mike and Patrick. I find myself literally rolling my eyes at how annoying the rest of the characters are.
>>
File: 1438655458382.jpg (147 KB, 594x425) Image search: [Google]
1438655458382.jpg
147 KB, 594x425
I loved it until season 5 that last season was just bad, too bad it didn't get canceled one season earlier.
>>
>>62990627
Season 5 felt so different from the rest. Everything was so contrived.
>>
>>62990676
Totally agree.
>>
On a similar note, how is Better Call Saul?
>>
>>62990676
>>62990627

Yeah season 5 felt like it was written based on the theory of what new viewers thought the show might be like, rather than the wroter's own idea of what the show was. S5e1 struck me as real mythbusters-y with the magnets science bitch stuff.
>>
>>62990859
Not only that, but S5 tried to cut off so many loose ends at once and then unraveled the entire thread of the show's plot. I mean what the fuck.

Trying to tie off everything in the "second half" of S5 was just bad. Forcing a bunch of neo-Nazis to become the bad guys? After Gus? Fucking please.
>>
>>62990746
sucks
>>
>>62989353
It's good. Not the best.
>>
>>62989353
Why don't you form your own opinion?
>>
>>62990746
Comfy
>>
>>62991228
see>>62989776
>>62989862
>>62990330
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.