[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Stannis thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: One-True-King.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
One-True-King.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
Get in here Stannisbros & share stories/anecdotes/appreciations of King Robert's rightful heir.
>>
>>62917340
/got/ trash should stay out

Good fucking riddance, I hope your feces-ridden show gets cancelled mid season and then you'll be back at reddit for good
>>
>>62917340
I was disappointed with how the show portrayed him. He was one of my favorite characters in the books so I was eager to see hims faithfully adapted for the TV show. Sadly they took inspiration from the book character but then made him a pure villain.
>>
>>62917379
I love Stannis, but the story needs to contract in order to end. In that sense it makes sense for Stannis to go down to set up a Ramsay vs. Rezzed Jon showdown. Rest easy Stan & thx for the memories :^) senpai
>>
>>62917418

While I do think that he is headed for tragedy in the books, too, it bothers me is that they left out or diminished all his positive accomplishments - such as bringing over the Wildlings being his idea, him taking all the dragonglass he had to the Wall and leaving Roland Storm to mine for more, uniting a good chunk of the North into an organized anti-Bolton resistance...

Also, I'll always be pissed that they left out his "Davos is a man of humble birth but he reminded me of my duties when all I could think of were my rights" speech.

That is the defining quote for the character.
>>
lol how can anyone like this daughter-killing loser?

Jon is way better and the true chosen one.
>>
>>62917543
Why is that? There is no reason to keep Ramsay alive. I'm really sick of him as a character on the show. They should have killed off both him and Stannis.
>>
>>62917822
>Also, I'll always be pissed that they left out his "Davos is a man of humble birth but he reminded me of my duties when all I could think of were my rights" speech.

God, that they really made him into an asshole in the scene where Davos reads him the letter too. They completely changed the context and Stanni's motivations for the show version.
>>
>>62917923
pleb
>>
>>62917340
One thing i always wondered about Stannis was why he adopted R'hollor. Sure, Melly had some valuable abilities, but at the same time, and would he ever conquer King's Landing, he would face some conflict potential with the Faith of the Seven and their followers.

Would he attempt to establish the red god, or was it just a tool till his conquest was finished?
>>
>>62917923
>Jon is
>is

anon please, let it go.
>>
>>62918149

They fucked up Davos' and Stannis' relationship in general from season 3 onwards where Stannis essentially acts as Davos' abusive boyfriend.

Stannis nearly always comes across as Melisandre's pathetic slave on the show, whereas he is a lot more sceptical and critical of her in the books ("Is there no other way? Swear it on your life for you shall die screaming by the inches if you lie.").
>>
>>62918699
in the books, Stannis only sees R'hollr worship as a means to an end because he believes in Melisandre's powers. He never burns anyone out of zealotry, only when they're cannibals, or rapists, or conspiring with the Lannisters because if he's going to execute someone, why not do it in a way that will be advantageous?

In the show, he's a maniac who makes infidels pay the iron price via burning for not destroying their idols of the Seven.
>>
Books:
>That one Florent is burned because he was conspiring with the Lannisters to give them Shireen without Stannis's consent or knowledge, also to make the wind blow in their favour so they reach the Wall faster

Show:
>He'd been unfailingly loyal to Stannis, and Stannis burns him for being an "infidel"
>>
>>62919663

Books:
> leaves Shireen and Selyse with a guard at Eastwatch where they could immediately flee via ship if shit goes south
> tells Justin Massey to protect and continue fighting for Shireen if he dies

Show:
> takes his family to war against a house notorious for their love of raping and skinning women alive
> sets Shireen on fire
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.