[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Master of None Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16
File: masterofnone.jpg (74 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
masterofnone.jpg
74 KB, 620x372
Started watching this wonderful show the day it came out actually, which I think was a few days ago. The show's called "Master of None" and it's honestly a pretty refreshing show to watch nowadays. It's pretty easy to watch, you can pirate it, or if you have Netflix you can watch it on there, but I've come to put this on my Top 10 shows of all time and have a huge appreciation for the stylistic choices that give the show one big general plot and not some main goal the character's trying to make. The shows are all individually crafted and written, and each one could possibly be made into their own short films. The writing is some weird kind of natural, it's something I've been waiting for in a tv show. When characters talk in a movie I want to imagine what it'd be like if someone was actually saying that to me and this is one of the first shows that I can really say that everything just feels natural, but different because what everyone else does in television and movies, at least right now, seems somewhat unnatural. The directing style is like Wes Anderson if that interests anyone, but I digress. This is now one of my current favorite TV-shows, and no spoilers but I really do hope it comes back with a second season.

ITT: Post thoughts and or hopes you have toward the show.
>>
>>62686944
DESIGNATED
>>
>>62686944
DESIGNATED
>>
>>62686959
>>62687062
OP what does this mean lmao
>>
>>62686944
I agree that it's definitely easy to watch. I'm almost finished with the season and I've really liked it a lot, no major complaints. I can see how some people, especially on /tv/, might not like how silly it gets at some parts (Eric Wareheim's character) but I like that the show runners are just having fun with it.
>>
>>62687217
Ah shit I forgot to mention that there's a beautifully shot 2 minute long scene with no cuts in episode 6. I got a minute into the scene when I noticed what was happening so I rewinded it.
>>
>>62687217
I feel like at some parts in the last two episodes it gets more serious, but the Parents episode really got to me. I do agree though, Eric Wareheim's character's a bit off and kind of unnatural but I think he's actually telling true stories. If you watch his comedy specials you'll recognize some of the stories he's telling in the show are stuff he's talking about in the specials as well. (Ex: Girl talking about how she waited 30 mins in a pet store for a stalker to go away. / His mother saying the first day she got to America she sat on her couch and cried / etc.)
>>
>>62687148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>62686959
>>62687062
>>62687297
I get it, le ebin pol joek about Indians shitting in the street.

But why would you bitch about immigrants coming to America, working hard as fuck, becoming doctors/successful business owners and whatnot because of what the less ambitious, backwards people in their previous countries do? It's called the American dream, you fucking commies.
>>
>>62687273
Yes I know the one you're talking about Anon!!! It reminded me of Birdman mostly because of the whole one shot thing. They're walking on the street and walk in to the shop have a conversation then walk out and the whole thing takes place in one take, no cuts. It's really amazing and I was impressed. There's a new movie that premiered at Toronto International Film Festival called "Victoria" where the entire movie takes place in one take. It sounds like it would be bad, but they even manage to squeeze in a scene where she plays the piano! Although they did a pretty piss poor job in post production with the musical cheating for the piano, I don't think most will notice it if it wasn't pointed out. Either way it's impressive, so if you're into that watch Birdman and that.
>>
>>62687346
Ah yeah couldn't find much of it on the internet, but still you guys are fucked up, everyone deserves to live in America, not just Caucasians.
>>
The way this show rapped up left me unsure about how good the rest of the show was.

The theme in the ending of the show was centered on his lack of commitment. If that was supposed to be a meta reference back to all of the rest of the episodes then the shows an 6/10.

I thought many of the jokes and plots fell flat when they were unwilling to commit to a joke. It happens many times in the series. In the SJW episode for instance they set it up to do the turn of 'men and women have it shitty'. But he never committed to the turn. Too offensive? Who knows.

If this wasn't done on purpose the shows a 4/10 reddit tier show like 'the new girl'. It was at least an interesting look at Aziz's character flaws. His indecisive and beta nature truely shined.
>>
>>62686944
hello, Aziz!
>>
>>62687701
I'll agree about the Men Women episode. It did leave me feeling kind of unfulfilled, but not a lot of the episodes did that for me. I still think the show's at least a solid 8-8 1/2 out of 10 for me. It maybe only aesthetically pleasing to me but judging from the metacritic score, I'd say I'm not the only one enjoying the hell out of this show.

Also, although I loved the show, the ending was god awful. Now that's a personal opinion, I think it's good not to always have a happy ending in a movie, and I think this show just did it weird. Like what the fuck were they thinking, I mean obviously they wrote it to fuck with viewer's heads, but I just didn't see it coming.
>>
>>62687380
> everyone deserves to live in america

Man that's some depressing outlook on life.
>>
>>62687807
I'm not gonna say I'm a better person than you for hating specific people for being something or doing something they can't control, because I do it to.

Call me a "fag" and a "nigger-lover" all you want, but the people I hate, are racists, it's pointless.
>>
>>62686944

Motherfuckers are shilling HARD for this dot-nigger.
>>
>>62687905
>but the people I hate, are racists

And what's wrong with defending your people?

The native Americans failed, and they're gone.

Why would you not defend your culture?

You've been brainwashed, anon.
>>
>>62687905

shit bait mate
>>
File: 1438115087612.jpg (4 MB, 6192x3416) Image search: [Google]
1438115087612.jpg
4 MB, 6192x3416
>>62687346
>le ebin pol joek about Indians shitting in the street.
it's an /int/ meme you retard
>>
>>62687905
>DUDE I'M A KUCK LMAO
>>
>>62687967
Surprised it took this many posts before someone cried shilling. What's the point of this board if we can't even talk about tv shows?

>>62687284
I actually really like Eric's character, I just meant some people here will probably won't like some of his more silly moments
>>
File: 1353278185762.jpg (26 KB, 455x523) Image search: [Google]
1353278185762.jpg
26 KB, 455x523
>>62688128
>>
>>62687905
faggot nigger-lover
>>
Watched the hole season. It's a fucking chick-flick TV show if I've ever seen one. It's basically a rom-com.

Every episode is is "Guys i need a date, but im a brown beta manlet"
>>
>>62688014
It's not my fault my forefathers decided it'd be a nice idea to say "Fuck You!" to Native Americans. Do you know how fucking sick it is to try to assimilate a culture? It's completely ridiculous, it's like asking Americans not to eat meat anymore, because it's not what's allowed in whatever culture you're in.

I'm white myself, but could care less about white people, more single handed murders happen each year from African Americans, I understand that, but to be quite honest, white people are just as fucked up.

Like let's talk about the fucking crazy white boys and how it's a stereotype and even kind of a fucking meme that white kids reach into their backpacks and everybody fucking runs. It's because white people are just as fucking crazy as every other race. America's culture is fucked up, and then there's the fact that everyone treats Asians like they all come from one place. Complete bullshit, there's Cambodia. Taiwan. Thailand. China. Japan. etc. Everybody is so fucking racist in America. Even if you say "Oh I have a lot of ethnic friends, I'd never be racist to anyone of color." You're fucking lying to yourself.

Close your eyes. A middle-aged man walks by your car and you immediately lock your car door in fear this person might go ape shit and try to attack you or some shit by the look of him. Now open your fucking eyes, what was the color of the guy?

WHAT DOES IT FUCKING MATTER I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR HE IS. If he's white I. DO. NOT. GIVE. A. FUCK. If you're a man who looks menacing in the slightest, at least to me it won't be your fucking skin tone, it'll be your body language, what you're wearing, your mannerisms, not YOUR FUCKING SKIN TONE.

Everyone's a little racist towards some race in their minds. Nobody is that perfect. But at least I'm not some sociopath who comes on 4chan boards finding pictures or threads discussing African American men and then call them "nigger lover"

You're a sick, twisted bastard anon.
>>
>>62688625
>acknowledging reality and statistics is sick and twisted
Go back to reddit already.
>>
I'm not saying Reddit's better, I'll never go to Reddit, haven't even tried it, but jesus christ, is it that hard to ask that people who enjoy the show or dislike the show can just voice their fucking opinions about the show and why they love/like/dislike/hate a show or movie and not have it turn into a fucking race issue? You guys are ridiculous.
>>
He's not funny.

You could have cut his whole character from Parks and Rec and nothing would have changed. His new show is probably even worse because he's the main character.
>>
>>62688733
If you didn't like his character on Parks and Rec, then you're sure as hell not gonna like his character on this show. They're both kind of representations for Aziz is in real life.

Although Tom is kind of an asshole in Parks and Rec sometimes, and I like Dev from Master of None a lot better.
>>
>>62688783
I mean Aziz isn't funny. His stand up isn't funny, he isn't funny, his jokes are all about how cool and how with it he is. His shallow and his humor is shallow.
>>
>>62688625
Your wife lets you bring the computer into the kuck shed?
>>
>>62688827
Pretty sure it was a bait faggot go back to reddit ples
>>
File: 1046 - myVA4xy.gif (1 MB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1046 - myVA4xy.gif
1 MB, 828x828
>>62688822
His character is also painfully unrelatable to me.

>LOOK AT ME I'M SUCH A HUGE AWKWARD MANCHILD YET I CAN HAVE CASUAL SEX LIKE IT'S NO BIG DEAL LOOK AT ME JUGGLE THREE WOMAN AT ONCE JUST LIKE YOU
>>
>>62688822
I personally find him to be pretty funny, but I'll honor your opinion :D
>>
>>62687380
Hopefully we can deport the Caucasians soon, they won't be the majority for much longer.
>>
>>62688943
That's probably it too. He's a huge manchild but expects people to treat him like an adult.

What an unlikable fuck.
>>
>Live from the designaged shitting streets, it's Aziz Ansari

CLEAN WESTERN TOILETS

>BOOOOO
>GET OUT OF TOWN

INDIAN SHITTING FIELDS

>applause

KILL THE WHITE MAN AND TAKE HIS DAUGHTERS TO THE DESIGNATED SHITTING STREET

>crowd goes wild

So I was at wal mart and I needed ro release

>crowd giggles with anticipation

So I went to the back where I saw the restrooms. Needless to say, I was greeted to a clean western toilet.

Of course they don't expect me to release THERE.

>laughter gets heaver and heaver over time

So, I went to the truck loading zone and poped a squat and shat all over the place

>crowd erupts with laughter which makes Yankee Stadium sound like a whisper

I was in India and saw a women using a clean western toilet. Me and my buddies Kayne West and Drake raped her with a rebar and threw her body in the ganges

>crown starts laughing and shitting in the isle
>>
Nice shilling OP
>>
>>62688625
>this garbage post

/tv/ is truly dead
>>
>>62689026
>>62689168
Oh I'm sorry, would you rather we talk about Star Wars, Bane, celebrity feet, cunnys, It Ain't Me, or Brendan Fraser?
>>
>>62689527
Yes
>>
POO
>>
>>62687351
High quality troll right here. This is the stuff /tv/'s dreams are made of.
>>
>>62689527
Yes because we need more fucking star wars in /tv/
>notices the sarcasm in my post
>>
>>62688719
>is it that hard to ask that people who enjoy the show or dislike the show can just voice their fucking opinions about the show and why they love/like/dislike/hate a show or movie and not have it turn into a fucking race issue?
The better question is why should /tv/ tolerate shows made by subhumans.?
>>
>>62689630
I was trying to legitimately tell anon that I knew what he was talking about and recommended two films I find decent to him that he should go and watch if he enjoyed the scene he was talking about.
>y u so rood anon
>>
>>62689657
Cause not everyone's such a gigantic reddit fag like you are I'm afraid
>>
>>62689678
>hurr no you're reddit
Just leave already. Subhumans and kucks belong on reddit
>>
File: lmao.png (138 KB, 570x483) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
138 KB, 570x483
>>62689698
>uses term "subhuman"
>uses term "kuck"
>says he belongs on Reddit
>mfw he's a fucking retard
>>
>>62689772
>subhuman mad no one likes The Designated Shitting Streets Show
If you're triggered that much you should probably go cry to reddit about it.
>>
Wait, is Netlix really only 8.99 a month? And I can watch Master of None as many times as I want?

COUNT ME IN. #netflixandchill #Masterofnone

Who's your favorite character? I like Aziz!
>>
File: b.png (404 KB, 436x441) Image search: [Google]
b.png
404 KB, 436x441
>>62689805
>again uses term "subhuman"
>says I'm triggered when he's again telling me to go back to reddit
>>
i really enjoy how netflix shills their shows on /tv/
>>
>>62689856
Yes, you're clearly triggered by all of your retarded reaction image posts. Just go back to reddit where you belong.
>>
>>62689868
>yeah cause netflix execs' main concern is getting their shitty shows to you retards
>>
File: jj.jpg (7 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
7 KB, 234x250
>>62689905
>says I'm triggered
>uses term "retarded" and acts like I'm the triggered one
>tells me for the third time to go back to reddit
You done yet bud?
>>
>>62689951
Yes keeping posting those reaction meme images, subhuman. You clearly aren't triggered at all. I'm embarrassed for you tbqh pham. It's like it's your first day here.
>>
>>62688625
>close your eyes
This is where I stopped reading
>>
>>62689951
>>62689856
>>62689772
>>62689678
Literally reddit: The Posts
>>
File: omfg.gif (298 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
omfg.gif
298 KB, 300x199
>>62689971
>uses term "subhuman" again
>passive aggressive autist attitude
>TBQH PHAM
>>
>>62690016
>>62689971
>>62690018
Jesus fucking christ you're all retards this shit's hilarious
>>
>>62690018
Yes that's it, keep on with those meme images and epic green texts. You're definitely not mad that you're a subhuman redditor who doesn't belong here.
>>
File: LMAO.gif (1014 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.gif
1014 KB, 290x189
>>62690047
Keep going. No seriously, shit's hilarious

Think you might burst from being such a butthurt faggot
>>
>>62690018
>tumblr gif

Step up senpai.
>>
>>62688625
The brainwashing's trying to cope with new information by over-reacting
>>
>>62690127
Go home already Reddit
>>
>>62690127
Lurk more retard.
>>
>>62690142
Another one takes the bait.

I cri evertim desu
>>
>>62687346
>working hard as fuck
Don't give a shit. I don't like their culture. I don't like their shitty food. I don't like their ugly faces. I don't like how they smell. I hate their arrogance. These are a people who watch Bollywood, FFS. The only thing we have in common is they work hard and I work hard.
>>
>>62690162
>What is this? Like the fifth time?
Jesus christ I think you're projecting anon
>>
> Indian
> Can't even learn webdev or ms stack
> Have to resort to shitty shows for a living

Why should I watch this again?
>>
>>62686944
Stop shilling aziz
>>
>>62690194
Food is fine, culture is far better than what west has to offer, the other points are true though.
>>
>>62690196
>>What is this? Like the fifth time?
Go cry to reddit about it if it hurts your feelings so much,
>>
File: ohjesuslord.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
ohjesuslord.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>>62690218
>Quotes my quote

Jesus fuck you make it too easy anon

That's six now btw
>>
>>62690196
Reddit please go
>>
>>62690242
Cry more redditor.
>>
If the number of posters is less than half of the replies

ABANDON THREAD IMMEDIATELY
>>
First two episodes were good. I hate starting shows with my girlfriend because I need to to wait to continue anything
>>
>>62690194
So you hate minorities when they don't work hard but you also hate them if they don't work hard. I'm glad white people are getting keked and phased out.
>>
>>62690250
>>62690243
>>62690218
>Still projecting
>Still posting in this shitty thread
>>
>>62690272
topell kekell
>>
File: 1447136044561.jpg (92 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447136044561.jpg
92 KB, 633x758
reddit wins again
>>
>>62690275
m8 you're the one triggered by calling Aziz a subhuman. Go somewhere else to cry
>>
>>62690275
Dumb redditor
>>
>>62690335
Hey anon
>still projecting
>>62690334
>faggot redditor using a faggot term like subhuman
>>
File: 1445798410220.jpg (5 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1445798410220.jpg
5 KB, 240x180
What the fuck, are you people actually discussing a television show?
>>
>>62690272
White people on the net don't do anything but hating on other people man, whites who worth any shit won't be spending their time on the net, at least those are my observations.
>>
>>62690382
Cry more subhuman redditor. /tv/ is for whites only.
>>
>>62690439
no don't you see the thread?
>>
>>62690527
Scaredy-cat NEET detected.
>>
>>62690382
Are you from /v/eddit? Why do you think subhuman is reddit like a whiny baby? Is this your first day here?
>>
>>62690546
No one is scared of tiny dicked curry shits
>>
>>62690592
you scared of blacks then? white people ain't thinkin about anything but dicks damn
>>
टट्टी के लिए नियुक्त सड़कें
>>
>>62690272
Nice strawman dumbass. I don't hate them personally, I just don't want them in my country because they just shit up the country. What is so fucking hard to understand about that?

Do you hate homeless people? If you say you don't, don't lie and tell me you like how they smell and you like their culture.
>>
>>62690502
White people built the internet you fucking faggot. You minorities shit up everything we build, even our fucking internet.
>>
>>62689989
Ayyyyy
>>
>>62690818
Kek, so aggressively defensive it hurts to watch. I'm not even a minority you sperglord, I have yet to shit on anything, just used a few niggerwords to pass as one, and you are already on your fucking toes. Chill the fuck out, racist.
>>
Watched through the Nashville episode and then had to turn it off because my forever alone feels were kicking in
>>
>>62690216
>culture is far better
Don't care if it's "better", it's incompatible. The only Indians I want to come here are the ones who love America. Most of them still think India is the greatest country on earth.
>>
>>62690920
>The only Indians I want to come here are the ones who love America.
Most of them do. When was the last time you heard about an Indian plotting to destroy America?
>>
>>62689660
Not that guy, but you are behaving too much like a kekold little faggot for 4chan. This is the big leagues of Internet posting, kid
>>
File: trolld.png (282 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
trolld.png
282 KB, 500x380
>>62690872
>>
>>62690920
America proposes cultural and racial diversity, so indians you talking about are more compatible with it than, well, you. Also I've never seen an indian who actually loves india and hates murrika, why would they even move then? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>62691003
>America proposes cultural and racial diversity
You mean the grade school you're still in says that's what America is about.
>>
>>62690784
Yeah, Indians and Asians sure are shitting up our country working as doctors and lawyers, professional white-collar jobs and the like.

And yeah, they shouldn't even come here. Who cares if they work super hard, scrounge and save as much money as they can so they can immigrate here legally and strive for the same American dream as your predecessors.

You make a lot of good points.

You're a faggot, kill your contrarian self.
>>
Indian Americans make more money per capita than anyone else in America. The fact this manlet makes everything racial is hilarious in all the wrong ways.
>>
POO TO THE LOO
>>
>>62690997
Oh yeah, it's time for ancient meme pics, sure proves your point. Man I was on the net since dial-up times, it's whites who make internet into what it is today, that is a marketing-filled shithole with stupid humor and pointless new-iphone-review sites with endless ads and abusive javascript, no one but rich white kids pour any money into supporting that kind of net, african americans tend to keep to themselves in their little communities and don't shit on anything, same goes for many other minorities, don't know about indiands in particular though, haven't seen them on the net much.

>>62691028
I'm not in grad school, I'm not even in america, most good thing that modern america has come from multiculti though. Also saying that grad school proposes those thing kinda proves my point.
>>
I had heard about this show and wasn't interested in it but I figured I better give it at least one episode before dismissing it. Watching the first episode right now and it's at the part where they just left the drug store after getting the anti-pregnancy kit or whatever and what floored me was when he asked her if she wanted a Martinelli - it's funny to me because I'd never heard of it before (it's fucking apple juice for those that don't know) and my wife absolutely craves that stuff like it's going out of style.

I paused the episode at the point where they're in the cab and the girl starts reading the packaging of the anti-pregnancy whatever kit and he cracks open a Martinelli - I'm still laughing even as I'm typing this.

So yeah, so far so good. It's typical Aziz material so no real surprises but that shit is hilarious.

First episode of "Blunt Talk" had a similar reaction where the main character is in a car with a transgender and they're discussing "her" having a penis. The transgender says "Just think of it like I have a 9 inch clitoris. Does that offend you?"

Blunt aka Sir Patrick Stewart looks squarely at "her" and says:

"No, no, of course not, I'm British..."

Had me on the fucking floor hurting I was laughing so hard.

Pic relative.
>>
>>62691094
>Indians and Asians sure are shitting up our country working as doctors and lawyers, professional white-collar jobs and the like.
I like how you slipped asians in there, Pahjeet. Asians are bros.
>>
>>62691335
You really should educate yourself about a world a bit and stop viewing nationalities based on stereotypes that various people force on yourself. Indians are literally asians. Sure you think that "asians" are some funny cute geeks and japanese have 2d waifus while koreans have 3d waifus, and indians are nothing but the reeking scum of earth, but that's just the modern media image of those which has no basis on reality whatsoever when we are talking about immigrants. There are tons of "asians" who do nothing but crime and cheap labor for a living and tons of hard-working indians who even pick up hygiene after some time outside of a country where people shit on the streets because there was never no money to build toilets and showers en masse. It really just depends on a person and situation he is in.
>>
>>62690878
Same
>>
File: 1424490579489.jpg (90 KB, 572x640) Image search: [Google]
1424490579489.jpg
90 KB, 572x640
>>62691253
jesus christ, please leave this board and never come back
>>
Are you guys memeing me with this? I just watched it and it was terrible. The acting is unbearable. Even based Eric can't save this shit.
>>
File: 1431884087695.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1431884087695.gif
481 KB, 499x315
> take any character in any episode
> make the show about them instead
> is it an improvement?
>>
>>62692088
>Aziz's parents
Literally a better show.
>>
>>62692182
> his mums acting
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.