[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people behave in your local cinemas? I live in a tiny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 800x1201
How do people behave in your local cinemas?

I live in a tiny village in East Anglia and at our local cinema people form natural queues, as is the british way, sit respectfully far apart and watch the film in silence, barring the occasional child. The etiquette is very important and people talking or texting are the talk of the town, so when I read all your stories about people laughing and shouting out in a cinema I am baffled. Why the bloody hell would someone do that?
>>
File: dollar.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dollar.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
That's usually the way it works in the places I've lived around the US. Although I remember watching Dancing with Wolves as a kid, and at the part where the army officer puts the gun to his head, somebody shouted "Pull it!"
>>
Does the adhaan come through the theater speakers or does an usher interrupt the movie and tells you? What if you forgot to bring your prayer mat?
>>
>>62679468
>laughing is illegal in yurop
Lmao
>>
>>62679552
in america do they show you comercials mid movie before or after you get your brains blown out by a 17 year old edgelord that found daddies gun?
>>
>>62679602
>implying I'm American
It was an honest question, Muhammad.
>>
>>62679590

Don't call me european, and etiquette is law in any respectable and civilised community. Why is that bad?
>>
>>62679602
#rekt
>>
>>62679618
I was honestly trying to ask how much freedom you have to watch commercials and be shot but it seems you took it personally?
>be american
>go to shitpost on 4chan
>get shot
>ask him to stop shooting so you can make a muslim joke
>he shoots you again as you desperately try to solve captcha, your last thought being 'hahaha that will show those europoors'
>>
>>62679468
Why are you bongs so hideous?
Why can't you handle your liquor?
Why are your dentists so awful?
>>
File: shithole.png (101 KB, 649x685) Image search: [Google]
shithole.png
101 KB, 649x685
East Anglia is literally full of subhuman immigrants. Not even trying to be racist here.
>>
>>62679767
I'm not American, Ahmed.
Why are you so mad at Americans? Is it because you can't have any fun in your local Sharia controlled zone?
>>
>>62679857

Yeah places like Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes are really bad but you get a fair few really isolated villages and I can honestly say I have never spoken to a black or eastern european, one half Chinese guy
>>
>>62679968
Stop lying m8.
>>
>>62680036

You'd be surprised how toxic small communities are to outsiders, immigrants just don't come here because they're not welcome.
>>
>>62679794
i'm moderately lucky, i'm a mutt of french sweedish and english and somehow turned out 6'1 blonde hair blue eyes high cheekbones, any person I know that claims to be 'full english' is pretty ugly. also nobody really cares about teeth over here, and our dentists are awful. example, I had a root canal of a front bottom tooth and it's all black and shit, I always asked my dentist it I could get a crown or something she said no, soon as I turn 18 next appointment she says 'oh you should have said when you where younger you could have had it free, now it's gonna cost you a bomb'. as soon as I get my fucking trust fund through im buying perfect teeth, I do not give a fuck
>>
File: 1434098214827.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1434098214827.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>62680083
>literally inbred
>boasting about it
>>
>>62679468
Growing up as a kid and teenager here the theaters used to be great. No one ever talked. Then as our black population rose (I live in a pretty small town so it very easy to tell) and cell phones became a common item I noticed the theaters would be noisy and flooded with cell phone lights. I usually won't go see a movie until two weeks or so after release. Its usually quiet then. I'll never understand why someone would pay $15 for a ticket to sit in a dark room staring at their phone or yell at the person next to them
>>
US Fag here.
Depends when you go and what you see. Go see some Fast & Furious shit on a Friday nite, and yeah, the crowd will be noisy and obnoxious as fuck.
I tend to go on weekday nights when it is quieter. Maybe a dozen people in the audience tops. Quiet as hell, except for maybe the occasional chuckle.

And yeah, sometimes people applaud at the end of a good movie. Or when something awesome happens. Its embarrassing as fuck.
>>
>>62679468
Girl behind me constantly laughed all awkwardly during LUCY.
>>
>>62679666
>it's illegal to show emotions in your country
literally c.ucked by your own government
>>
>>62679468
>tiny village
human society tends to function smoother with lower populations, around 100. It has to do with the subconscious perception of trust. In a community of 100 or less you're much less likely get away with something and you'll meet the same people over a long period of time - encouraging you not to antagonize them.
>>
>>62680307
Why is applause embarassing?
>>
>>62680636

senpai...
>>
>>62679468
>The etiquette is very important and people talking or texting are the talk of the town

wow. pathetic town
>>
like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
>>
>>62680683
I think you're the one who's not getting it senpai
>>
>>62679468
Amerifag here, I usually just go to matinees on my day off, so there's only like 2 or 3 elderly couples in the theatre with me. Occasionally someone will clap after the movie, but they stop abruptly when they realize they are the only one
>>
>>62680636
Applauding a live show makes sense. The performers can hear and appreciate your feedback. Applauding a movie is like having a conversation with your TV. Unless the filmmakers are in the audience.
>>
>>62679468
Britain, where every day is like Monday.
Every day, so silent and gray.
>>
>>62680829

>gray
>a

You will never understand the pain that brought me
>>
>Live in London, Chelsea (parents are wealthy, I live off their allowance, still in higher education since I don't want to work yet)
>go to the curzon cinema on king's road to watch my movies
>opening night for TDKR
>huge queue of well-heeled chads and tracies that extends outside onto the street
>I'm alone, I didn't get to bring any friends (none of my friends are rich enough to afford the cinema, let alone at curzon)
>join the queue
>everyone seem to know each other, I feel uncomfortable by myself
>some blonde chad in front of me reminds me of the kid who bullied me in boarding school
>10min in, finally reach the counter
>"for the tickets and the popcorn and champagne, that'll be £35"
>mfw
>fortunately I stole my mum's credit card
>pay and get to my seat
>people still drinking and chatting at the bar, even when ads are playing
(Seriously though, there's a bar right outside the rooms, which are fucking tiny. They serve all manners of aperitifs, cocktail and have a full menu)
>get stressed out, don't want my film interrupted by late tards
>plane sequence begins
>by the time cia is introduced, people still coming inside nonchalantly
>clinking of glasses and champagne flutes and smell of amuse-bouches and prawn cocktail
>ruining the tense atmosphere of cia scene
>chads and tracys blocking my view as they laugh their way to their seats
>chad in front of me has his polo collar popped up, I can't see shit as a result
>tracy asks him to translate bane everytime he speaks
>"Archie, I simply cannot decipher the big man's voice!"
>my TDKR experience ruined
>go home and wank
>>
>>62680824
The only time applauding a movie isn't stupid is when it's like a premiere showing with all the actors, screenwriters, director etc there.
>>
>>62680824
You're not applauding for the filmmakers, you're doing it to have the shared experience of all enjoying a good movie together. It's similar to people quoting jokes in youtube comments. It's nice to see that other people enjoyed the same things as you.
>>
>>62680925
I'm glad you noticed.
>>
>>62680928
Kek
>>
>be bong
>be at cinema
>call to prayer, starts playing
>>
File: Cambridge.jpg (218 KB, 1025x768) Image search: [Google]
Cambridge.jpg
218 KB, 1025x768
The only part of east anglia that isnt complete and utter shit
>>
>>62681514

But is there any part north of the watford gap that's not utter shit? No
>>
>>62681514
>full of inbred yokels
>not shit
>>
>being britbong but living anywhere but london

For what purpose
>>
>>62679896
So what irrelevant non-country are you from then, you're obviously obsessed with the UK since we can't go a thread without you being salty.
>>
>>62681830

Not wanting to pay 500 quid a month to rent a cupboard under the stairs?
>>
>>62681514
Cambridge as a town is vastly overrated. Other than the lovely historic centre and colleges, the outskirts are shabby as fuck. Hell, when I studied there, it took a twenty minute walk from my college to Mill Rd, which was (and probably still is) full of tramps, drug addicts and arabs
>>
>>62681880
>full of tramps, drug addicts and arabs
Basicaly all of bongland tbf.
>>
>>62680083
So you hate
1) laughter
2) people

Sounds like quite a place anon
>>
>>62679468

Rowdy during the credits and previews, quiet during the movie except for laughter or gasping.

Maybe one out of three movies you'll get someone who shouts something during the film, which is either met with laughter or dead silence. I've never heard somebody shout-out more than once, and I've never heard a crying baby.

I give theatres in my area a solid enhances-the-experience/10
>>
File: 1310671390981.jpg (5 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1310671390981.jpg
5 KB, 251x240
>>62680928
>chad in front of me has his polo collar popped up, I can't see shit as a result

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.