[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
actual plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (110 KB, 574x272) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 574x272
Two major similarities to ESB are that it opens with a major ground battle and has extended jedi training in one act. And theres kind of a trap.

> Film takes place a few years after TFA. Lots of systems and fighters have joined the Resistance after Hosnian system and Han Solo were destroyed (all will be briefed in the crawl apparently)

> Opens with Resistance ships coming out of hyperspace above a First Order Outpost. Poe and Finn and BB8 lead an attack on the ground (like opposite of Hoth assualt). Kylo is not there although Hux commands his troops.

>Hux is wary and his confidence in Snoke is failing. He sees that the FO will not win this battle and prepares to escape, but is captured by Finn and Poe with a Resistance victory

>Cut to Luke's planet, where him and Rey are completing her training at the old abandoned First Jedi Temple where TFA ends. Luke purposely doesnt reveal any powers or his saber at this point. Mostly him giving wisdom and speaking about the Jedi and the force much like Yoda and Obi did with him.

>Rey concentrates while Luke's euphanisms play in her head. CUT to Kylo, in a dark cave concentrating like Rey, Luke's lines still playing. Kylo remembers Luke's voice and cant shake it when suddenly Snoke's voice snaps him out of it. Snoke is next to him training him, and asks him what he is feeling. He feels Luke and Rey's distant power strengthening, as if he is touched by their "light". Snoke seems legitimately worried about Luke, not seeing it as Kylos weakness at this point. He assures Kylo they will prevail
>>
> Cut to Chewie and R2, who are chilling on a planet waiting for a signal for something, when they get a message from the Resistance on the Falcon. They fly not too far back to Luke's refuge, where they pick up him and Rey. It seems the Resistance has a plan and all of it is coming together

> Luke and Rey finally reunite with Leia, Poe, and Finn. They had contact through Chewie and R2 via the falcon the whole time, but not directly

> Luke goes to the prison quarters and has a "conversation" with Hux. He gets into his mind and learns something that disturbs him, which we dont know. Hux seems mentally broken by this probe and his ego is shattered. His character starts to change drastically under Luke's interrogations. Hux is becomes a bit more realized when Luke assures him that no one is ever going to come for him.
>>
> Luke gives off a really intimidating vibe in this movie. Its really about the light side and dark side overlapping almost. We will see Snoke training Kylo, Luke training Rey. The Resistance becomes very militant like the Empire. Luke interrogating Hux will mirror Kylo.

> Luke reveals some things about Snoke. He was a trusted associate at one time. You get the picture that Luke, Snoke, Lor San Tekka, Kylo, Han and Leia were all in the same inner circle of the new Jedi before Snoke ripped them all apart. Some of the other people of the Jedi church or something (like Lor San) scattered after Kylos betrayal. But its implied that both Luke thinks they need to be found before Snoke finds them.

> Luke sees from Hux's mind that Snoke desires to have these force users join him or be killed on the spot. Snoke fears Luke will train more jedi if he knows about them. So Luke realizes this and after much deliberation is convinced by Rey to plan a mission to grab these Force sensitives.

> Thus the good old fashioned quest begins. Rey, Poe, Finn, Chewie, Luke, and Bb8 head out to find these people.

> They get there and find that they are all dead. Snoke and troops had beaten them there and killed them all when they refused to join him.

> Meanwhile, he had sent Kylo to infiltrate the Resistance base in their absence. Kylo basically kicks ass through the base and reaches Hux. Hux thinks he's there to save him but he just kills him instead. So basically Snoke sent Kylo to kill Hux before he could let out something big, meanwhile succeeding in killing Luke's new jedi hopefuls. Snoke and Kylo basically pulled a fast one on everyone

> Only catch is that the thing they really feared Hux spilling was already extracted by Luke. This is the kicker. Its a twist and also important info that's going to change the war.

My cousin is an animator who makes rough cgi renderings from concept art. He knows the basic plot and has put a lot of the details together based on concept art/charac
>>
>>64240879

How does Finn hold any possition of power or leadership?

How is the public supposed to know what is Hosnian Prime if it's not mentioned in TFA?

How is anyone supposed to remember a "San Tekka" when he's in for 60 seconds at the beginning of TFA?
>>
>Thread reveals the plot to Star Wars, true or not

>Thread is silently moved to the last pages and prepared for deletion

Good goys
>>
>>64240980
>Its a twist and also important info that's going to change the war.

so what is it?
>>
>>64242817
He doesn't know. Its the secret only a few know, but he says he doubts they will save it for the last movie because it would piss people off being another cliffhanger after Luke in VII
>>
>>64242311
I don't know this for a fact, but I assume its because he helped disable the shields/save BB-8. Like Han helping in IV, then being a captain in ESB. Apparently he'll be slightly seasoned and more brave going forward. It's a few year gap before VIII so you assume there have been some recon and base moving and shit.
>>
>>64240879
lmao this just reads like fanfiction there's no way it is real

:^)
>>
Sounds shit, could be real
>>
>>64242311
Also they'll just probably say after the destruction of the New Republic Senate from the First Order's Starkiller Base to make it clear to casuals who forgot what was going on. Also they made it clear through Rey and FInn that Han is quite famous so his death kind of brings to light that the Resistance is a solid cause and all for people who weren't ready to militarize.
>>
>>64243174

Maybe it may be real because of that.

Just see TFA as an example of bad fanfiction made reality.

It's so bad it may be real
>>
>>64243174
lmao did you see TFA??
>>
>>64243230

How is the death of a famous smuggler a believable reason for people to take arms?

What do people care?

Are they really using that as an excuse to write their shit film?
>>
>>64243237
your ability to divine the true subtext of my posts is exemplary, anon!
>>
>>64243359

Are there any new ship designs at least?

Is the new trilogy composed only of Xwing and TIE fighter clones?

Why didnt you mention Benicio del Toro?
>>
>>64243274
It's meant to establish that the main characters (especially Luke) are pissed and super committed now, not just randoms swept up into it all. Also, the "galaxy" is thrusted into it after the 5 planets blown up by First Order. I think the Han Solo part is in there because they want to remind the viewers who clearly give more shits about Han than 5 planets we saw for 5 seconds.
>>
>>64243451
>It's meant to establish that the main characters (especially Luke) are pissed and super committed now, not just randoms swept up into it all

you mean like in Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>64243424
Benicio is Hux replacement Tarkin guy. He is on Luke, Rey, BB8, FInn, and Poe's tail most of their quest. They have a brush in space but don't meet head on until the battle at the end. He doesn't know if he dies though, but I would assume no since Hux does.
>>
>>64243571

That's odd since I heard Benicio plays a third party not aligned with the Resistance or the First Order
>>
this IP is horrible
>>
File: 1451399565015.jpg (64 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1451399565015.jpg
64 KB, 540x960
Threadly and friendly reminder to trust the earliest leaks the most and to hold them as the highest shed of truth.

This happened with TFA, where the earliest leaks where in fact the most accurate, and the latest, closest to release date where the most warped and crazy.
>>
>>64243701
I like this artstyle
>>
>>64243274
he was a general and instrumental in taking down the empire
>>
>>64243571
That wasn't me (OP). Del Toro is hired by Kylo to track Luke and co., but he thinks the First Order is lame and poster-boy like. He's like a Boba Fett but with lines.
>>
>>64244168

So?

Do they really want people to think just because a general died people from all planets would unite in arms agains an enemy force ?

They must be aiming for the 12 year old audience
>>
>>64243966
no u dont
>>
>>64244298
to elaborate I think they hired him based on Sicario. He is a strange assassin type. He isn't there to fulfill the First Order's agenda, he has is own. But he definitely isn't a "good guy". He clashes with the shiny, orderly Nazism that someone like Phasma or Hux displays. He's more dirty and unpredictable.
>>
>>64244414

Does phasma do anything?

Are there any cool battles?

Are there any memorable scenes?

Will it be as bad as TFA?
>>
>>64244324
That and their capitol and 5 non-miliraty planets were blown up. How the fuck can't you see that? It's like if someone assassinated Winston churchill after WWII and London was blown up.

dumbass
>>
>>64244463

How the fuck can't you see no american (let alone a NATO country , let alone a whole planet, let alone a whole system, let alone a whole galaxy) would give a shit if general Petraeus was killed by the enemy and things would go on as usual?

How the fuck can't you see not the whole galaxy cares for what goes on in the OT and TFA?

Han Solo is a fucking smuggler, why would anyone unite agains the First Order for his death?

You must be really dumb or 12 years old
>>
>>64240980
>My cousin is an animator who makes rough cgi renderings from concept art. He knows the basic plot and has put a lot of the details together based on concept art/charac

If this is true you're a shit cousin. He probably had to sign an NDA and will get fired or sued because of you posting this.
>>
>>64244438
I haven't seen the movie, since it's not even filmed yet other than a few scenes on Luke's refuge.

Phasma seems to be part of the both big battles. The opening one is Resitance (Poe Finn BB8 and ground troops) fighting straight up First Order led by Hux and Phasma. She escapes along with the First Order when their transports evacuate. Again, Hoth reversed.

The final battle is Luke and Rey taking on the Knights of Ren. This is their final destination, where they believed would be a bunch of force sensitives banned together. Instead it's the Knights of Ren waiting for them with a troops of first order. Phasma fights Finn. You expect Kylo to show up there but he actually shows up at the resistance base, which is surprising.

You don't see Kylo in action until this scene, and it's clear he's gotten much more powerful. He basically rips through the base and makes it to Hux's cell. Hux looks relieved, but Kylo kills him and walks right on out of the base. I haven't heard what Leia is doing at that point but I really wonder if she will confront him or see him. I would assume she at least senses him.
>>
>>64244730
There's no way they would know it's him. There are dozens of guys doing the same type of digital work on this movie. What are they gonna do, fire them all if one doesn't speak up? He said not to tell anyone personally because that's how things get out. People like to brag about their six degrees and shit. I just think this movie sounds strange and wanted to see what /tv/ thinks. I'm sure they'll change/cut stuff out between now and 2017.
>>
>>64243701
LOL he looks like Marilyn Manson
>>
>>64244990

Tell us more.

Is there anything lore-wise?

Like who are the Knights of Ren or Snoke etc..
>>
>>64243701
Yeah I remember like a year and a half ago someone posted on here stuff from an early draft and was accurate. It was the only post that said the new weapon was an entire planet. No other 'leaks' after that mentioned that big plot point. We are a year and a half away from episode VIII so its possible
>>
File: 1346730111345.jpg (55 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
1346730111345.jpg
55 KB, 500x570
>>64244808
> Hux looks relieved, but Kylo kills him and walks right on out of the base
>>
File: 1436911146782.gif (989 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1436911146782.gif
989 KB, 500x269
>>64240879
>Luke's euphanisms play in her head
>euphanisms
>>
File: 1374862941325.gif (1 MB, 473x325) Image search: [Google]
1374862941325.gif
1 MB, 473x325
>>64240980
>> Only catch is that the thing they really feared Hux spilling was already extracted by Luke. This is the kicker. Its a twist and also important info that's going to change the war.

The kicker happens at the END of the movie?
>>
>>64240879
Any ideas on what's the title of the movie?
>>
>Wow, Poe, you are like the best fucking pilot ever.
>I know, right?
>Lead this attack with me on foot.
>Okay.
>>
>>64242817
a time machine
>>
>>64248719
Luke goes back in time and saves the younglings.
>>
>>64242817
Snoke is Plagueis
>>
Not sure if anybody cares, but Rey's real name is Sheeva.

Yes, it's true.
>>
File: 1405336609162.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1405336609162.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>64249989
watch this fucking happen
>>
>>64244324
>They must be aiming for the 12 year old audience
On Star Wars? Highly unlikely.
>>
fake shit

fuck off faggot
>>
>>64250234
Shut up, JJ.
>>
>>64250174
ceases to amaze me how people forgot how unbelievable and childish these movies are on paper until they see it then they're like "omg genius world come to life"
>>
>>64251009
as in it has finally ceased with that dumb ass post about how it sounds too much like a movie for 12 year olds
>>
>>64244808

To give this OP a bit more clout he is right that the only scenes filmed so far are Luke's refuge

Full production is next month
>>
>>64247519
Luke's polite way of saying "the dark side is way more powerful, we're clearly fucked this movie if it follows any of the other trilogies.
>>
>>64251113
OP here. To be fair, it really doesn't give me credibility since anyone can pretty much figure that out online.
>>
>>64251053
OP here. To be fair, it really doesn't give me credibility since anyone can pretty much figure that out online.
>>
>>64251284

Well just backs it up a little seeing as many wouldn't know the scenes were filmed in pick up shots at skeillig
>>
>>64247770
the kicker:

"here is the ironic, or surprise part of what someone is telling you".

Maybe its just an american thing but this is what it means. Like here's the catch, or the good part. Not kicker as in kicks things off.
>>
A female lead was cast in this movie. They had auditioned people like Tatiana Maslany and Olivia Cooke for it. It's apparently equivalent to Lando's role in ESB. So who is this character? BTW I know you're lying.
>>
Chewie and R2 have been holed up in the Millennium Falcon while Luke trains Rey for "a few years"?
>>
>>64251372
True. I definitely know a bit more by association, but I don't claim by any means to be part of this movie. I'm no one.
>>
>>64240879
Is Hayden Christensen returning in a flashback type scene as Anakin, as rumoured?
>>
>>64251514
No they've been chilling or something. Hear me out. I think it sounds retarded and I'll see it when I believe it. Chewie and R2 are just hanging out on some distant world (near Luke's refuge, possibly same system waiting for a signal). Chewie is apparently well known, and they're just like celebrities at a club. It's like how Lando and Chewie showed up at Jabbas in ROTJ and just hung around there playing the part until the time was right. (I guess?) It'll probably just serve some comedic purpose, like they look like they're having a blast and they're "pulled out of retirement" but obviously they were never retired, just waiting for the right moment.
>>
>>64251577
Absolutely fucking not. That was a trashed Ardnt concept for TFA back when the macguffin was Vader's helmet instead of the map to Luke. It's dead and buried.
>>
>>64251701
Kind of wanted to see that, if only to please the kid in me. Oh well
>>
>>64251502
> Apparent'y eqivalent to Lando?

lmao apparent to who? I'm sure they'll just be extras/cameos like Phasma in TFA. Resistance or First Order fighters with a line or two for the sake of plot. I don't know for sure, just speculated. I don't have any info related to new casting really. Del Toro is an exception because his part's been (slightly) important to the story.
>>
completely fake because it doesn't have the structure of any screenplay, doesn't have any goals, no urgency or tension and it's waaaay too short
>>
>>64251847
Where does this for into your made up plot, buddy?

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/02/star-wars-episode-viii-eyes-tatiana-maslany-gina-rodriguez-and-olivia-cooke-for-female-lead

This is a source more trustworthy than you, and I don't see any room for this female lead in your outline.
>>
>>64251938
I really only detailed the first and last acts. The urgency is the race to train the dark and light apprentices to full ability finding this group of people who could be Jedi before the other does. They're getting chased by Del Toro the whole time, and they think they're racing the First Order when in fact they're already there and waiting for them. I guess it's like ESB more than I realized with Han and Leia being chased around and getting to Bespin.
>>
>>64251976
Already answered that. And yeah just like our other "leads" cast in episode vii, gwendoline christie and lupita nyong'o. They likely won't be in it as much. There's a shit load of characters. I don't know the news on the recent casting and all, it was done separate from the story and concept crafting. Which to me sounds like they're not big characters. Probably one-liners or filler roles, unless they added stuff just for them. I honestly can't tell you because I don't know. They might not be in it at all for all I know.
>>
>>64240879
>>64240922
>>64240980

Try your awful fanfic at reddit. It might do better there.

Honestly, do you think it's not obvious that you just based some shit on bits of bobs of supposed leaks and other bull shit that have trickled down in the last few weeks/months?
>>
>>64252322
they said phasma is in VIII a lot and has a big rola

your "leak" has too many holes dude, should have thought it better
>>
>>64251938
BTW whats the plot, sense of urgency to Empire Strikes Back, the most acclaimed Star Wars film?

It's Luke going to get trained while his friends get chased around until he finally goes to save them and fails. If I had posted this in 1979 you guys would laugh your dicks off at me.
>>
>>64252065
>I guess it's like ESB more than I realized with Han and Leia being chased around and getting to Bespin.

Disney do it again! can't wait for the unanimous critical acclaim!
>>
>>64252382
Huh? Have you even seen TESB?

The first act establishes that the Empire is chasing them, literally on their tail. What's more urgent than that? They are escaping. The whole movie is a big chase scene.

ESB:
Act I - Empire is chasing our heroes, almost catches them
Act II - Empire is chasing our heroes, almost catches them
Act III - Empire is chasing our heroes, catches some of them

Your leak:
Act I - Heroes are victorious
Act II - People chill, train, eat, have fun
Act III - They find some dead jedis
>>
>>64252355
lmao "they said". Have fun waiting for your big Phasma rola
>>
>>64252506
Ok I will
>>
Sounds gay so probably true
>>
>>64252488
You didn't read it well enough.

Act 1 - Established Resistance is becoming the bigger power after large victory. Sends villians on the run. Urgency arrives when they realize there's an opportunity for Luke to train more jedi (before Snoke). It's clear Snoke has bigger plans than fucking stormtroopers galore.

Act 2 - Luke's back, they have new info (Hux), set out on a quest to find new "jedi". Are chased by Del Fett. Bad guys train and get stronger, questions answered.

Act 3 - Good guys arrive and fall into trap, giant ass fight. Meanwhile, villain uses advantage to make his move. Good guys come out alive, but not victorious (like Empire). But apparently they're not screwed because they have new info.
>>
>>64252322
Those actresses all did chemistry reads with John Boyega, so I doubt they have only a few lines
>>
>>64252629
Exactly. I just did this because it's funny to shit on people's dreams by telling them how mediocre their movie sounds on paper before they see it. The only people that get pissed because it sounds dumb will everytime. They expect their Star Wars to be some academy award masterpiece plot fantasy war spectacular every god damn time and then cry when it's just a mediocre action movie in space with random mystical plot devices.
>>
Is Rey Luke's daughter?
Why isn't Luke's saber revealed at the training? Is Luke a mix between Dark/Light or is he straight Light side with no conflict?
>>
>>64252828
Didn't know that. If true, they probably would be a Resistance person not in the action there for a love interest so people won't feel bad for Finn when Rey and Poe start charming each other hard in this one. Remember? They haven't met. Poe is going to hit on Rey big time in 8.
>>
>>64252894
Rey is a Skywalker. It just seems too obvious. I haven't heard it stated outright but again, probably in the dialogue intimate scenes, so only very few people would know. People forget that the action scenes are everywhere because they have so much F/X, extras, lightings, sound, etc. going into it. The intimate scenes may only be known by a few people, sometimes not even actors until the shoot. Anyway, I personally think she may be Luke's daughter and they explain Obi-Wan had a daughter that Luke banged somehow right after ROTJ. Sounds like a clusterfuck, but

"Hey, it's me!, Star Wars"

Luke is obviously good and never going to be bad. But I think he's meant to seem kind of wary and desperate, and mysterious since you really don't know what he's capable of doing. SO although he may do questionable things, it probably won't be hinting at any evilness.

A lot of people will argue that there's no way he'd have a big role like this, it's supposed to be the new generation in the front... But you have to remember the last movie was all about EVERYONE trying to find Luke. So they really had to give him some importance which couldn't come from anywhere else.

Which is clearly TRAINING REY and some NEW JEDI. Because obviously the LAST JEDI might have something important to do there.
>>
>>64253199
This entire thing is bullshit OP, your not even trying
>>
File: 1448869000272.jpg (97 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1448869000272.jpg
97 KB, 329x329
There are redditors on this board right now who think this thread contains anything more than shitty fanfic because they believe 4chan is the deepweb filled with insider information.
>>
>>64253253
2 billion dollar hunk of bullshit not trying coming your way, May 2017 ayy lmao
>>
>>64252865
it really does sound bland enough to be a real leak, very much in the vein of the Force Awakens leaks. no real buildup to a climax, and Kylo Ren doing Mary Sue duties this time instead of Rey. people will probably tolerate it just like they did the current movie.
>>
>>64253345
I love fucking with 12 year olds who think they are "hacking" by going on 4chan. And yeah, its me OP, I was lying, it was great. Anyone who asked me a question is a gullible retard
>>
>>64253374
This isn't even remotely close to real.
There are only 2 action scenes at the beginning and end, which screams fanfiction.
Even TFA had an idea of where to put action (excluding the cargo ship sequence)
Empire had more action
>>
>>64253374
Honestly my cousin said they fucked themselves with Force Awakens. I thought that is was a safe movie to bridge the old fans to the new characters and that the other 2 would be original.

He basically set it straight and said nope, they realized their golden rehash browns are critically and financially sound. The execs are going to tell them to do the same exact thing. He's right. I should have seen it.
>>
>>64253527
Stop lying, even if your cousin were doing concept art shit, they wouldn't be told shit about what the execs want. Hell, they would barely know shit about the story beside the stuff they have to render
>>
>>64240879
>>64240922
>>64240980
Sounds good, but too bad it's not real.
>>
>>64253460
>There are only 2 action scenes at the beginning and end

there's the whole vaguely defined "quest" in act 2, and Kylo Ren breaking into the Resistence base somehow.

plus don't pretend like Disney even care about whether action sequences happen at a time that is set up logically by the story. TFA literally had TIE fighters show up whenever there was a slightly overlong period of exposition, using the explanation that someone had tracked the Falcon.
>>
>>64253686
>Sounds good
The only remotely interesting part was with Hux, but that is giving to much credit
>>
>>64253647
his post didn't imply his cousin directly talked to execs, just that it's obvious where the movies are going from the outlines.

there were similar rumors around the time they started shooting TFA.
>>
>>64253724
>TFA literally had TIE fighters show up whenever there was a slightly overlong period of exposition, using the explanation that someone had tracked the Falcon
you have literally not seen the movie
>>64253772
>there were similar rumors around the time they started shooting TFA.
Thats what "leakers" do, they take already rumored things and add to them to make them seem more legit
>>
>Ignoring the fact that the entire new trilogy is going to follow the exact same plot as the original. Except all they'll do is swap around some characters to make it more PC

I just saw TFA and it was the shittiest thing I could possibly imagine. The whole fucking bit where she out of nowhere magically learns how to perform a jedi mind trick with no prior training AT ALL was the nail in the coffin for me. This movie is shit and if anyone disagrees it's just because you're stuck on the band wagon mentality.
>>
>>64253724
Did you miss the part in Maz's bar where the two tippers independently tell the FO/Resistance that their droid is there?
>>
>>64240879
so where is benicio del toro in this ?
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.