[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Billy Mitchell such an asshole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: billy-mitchell-pac.jpg (19 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
billy-mitchell-pac.jpg
19 KB, 300x298
Why was Billy Mitchell such an asshole?
>>
He's just autistic and has delusions of grandeur

>he didn't even greet Steve to try and psych him out
>>
I heard that the documentary pictures him a lot more of a cunt then he really is. I've read that he's actually a good guy.
>>
>>64230853
He's really not. People have come forward and pointed out that the movie King of Kong was heavily edited to put Billy Mitchell in as negative a light as possible for the purposes of being the villain of the film.

In reality, he's not that bad of a guy. If you read things about him, especially before King of Kong portrayed him as a douchebag, everyone who ever interviewed him really liked him. He's also given a lot to charities.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1560691/ex-donkey-kong-champ-finally-speaks-after-getting-bruised-by-new-doc/
>>
>>64231202
>>64231276
He's a total asshole. Listen to any interview with him. Arrogant, pretentious, and stupid. Not that you should need that explained to you. Just look at the guy for fuck's sake.
>>
>>64230853
He wasn't an asshole. The movies just set him up for the conflict. In reality he's just trying to be a winner too. I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone that was trying to take away my Donkey Kong high score or bug me all the time. Look at it from his perspective. He hasn't done anything wrong. Lots of gamers are jerks.
>>
>>64231395
I've seen interviews with him. He comes off as a really nice guy. Yeah, he trash talks his opponents and acts all arrogant when it comes to games, but it's clearly an act.
>>
autism
>>
>>>/vr/
>>
>>64230853

the movie didn;t even portray him to be even half the asshole he is. funny that a tale of good vs evil with him as the evil wasn't able to make it clear how scumbaggy he was/is
>>
manufactured drama about personality less autists that play donkey kong all day.
>>
>It looks like a maze, but...
>It's actually sauce
>>
Hot sauce got to his head
>>
>>64231395
>being confident and proud is bad

hello reddit! hows life outside of the cuckshed?
>>
>>64231659
The thread is about a movie.
>>
>>64232140
No it's not, it's about a real person, a real person that is famous from playing retro video games. There is an entire board here on 4chan dedicated to retro video games. Guess what the name of the board is, Retro Games!
>>
He has an alpha personality, and that intimidates people. Videogames are just one of many things he's successful at. Even if all his high scores are topped, he still has his many franchises and businesses to fall back on. He doesn't even play modern video games.Meanwhile, Steve Wiebe's only real notability is through video games.that's absolutely pathetic, but the movie attempts to make that as some sort of underdog story when in truth it's just a miserable existence.
>>
>>64231524

Hi Billy.
>>
>>64232271
Howdy Bill
>>
Donkey Kong killscreen coming up guys
>>
>>64232261
Most the talk in this thread has been about King of Kong, a movie, and the accuracy of its portrayal of a single character/real person.

Sorry this isn't yet another Star Wars thread.
>>
>>64231202
Its the oposite, the documentary is notorious for painting in a better light than he really is. The man is an actual cunt.
>>
File: billy.jpg (30 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
30 KB, 306x423
yer avvin a larf incha?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.