[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guess the director
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Ayyydan.jpg (8 KB, 236x190) Image search: [Google]
Ayyydan.jpg
8 KB, 236x190
>Plot usually revolves around some minor misunderstanding
>often biblical or supernatural subtext
>>
>muh tight framing
>muh dearth of horizontal motion within frame
>muh front-back motion
>muh composition at the expense of continuity
>muh tatami
>>
this director was once a maoist who championed the murderous ideology of mao zedong and the khmer rouge. we condemn griffith and riefenstahl of their political sins, but griffith serioiusly tried to prove he was not a hater after 'birth of a nation'. and riefenstahl insisted she loathed nazism but had simply done as told. maybe they were full of shit but at least they tried to publicly distance themselves from extreme politics.

not this director who espoused the most extreme, murderous, and destructive form of leftism. film scholars, so outraged about long dead griffith and long irrelevant riefenstahl, never demanded of this director to face up to his past sins. unlike kurosawa and bergman who candidly confessed their cowardice in face or approval of, respectively, japanese militarism and nazism, this director has never ever apologized in general, or in specific to the countless victims of the tyrants he supported with all his heart.

this director celebrated and championed mao's total destruction of culture and intellectual life and the khmer rouge that transformed camodia overnight into a genocidal stone age marxist state. fuck that piece of shit.
>>
File: nuohmygod.jpg (13 KB, 310x311) Image search: [Google]
nuohmygod.jpg
13 KB, 310x311
>>64162399
hoooooo, I had forgotten about that
>>
>typically stars two female leads, one male
>film often starts outside, moving inside to the couch or bed
>known for extremely climactic endings, usually shared by the two female leads
>fade out
>>
>>64162332
Nolan
>>64162251
Kubrick
>>64162681
Tarantino
>>
>>64162681
>>64162332
>>64162251
>>64163698
I want those answers dammit
>>
>>64163853
I 'm the OP

I want the answer too, it was in last night's thread.
>>
>>64163902
Any chance it's still in the archive? do you remember any phrases from OP?
>>
>>64162681
Jeremy
>>
>>64162251
Coen Brothers
>>
>>64164007
there was no answer.
it was the archive from where I picked it up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.