[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you guys like Dune?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: dune-poster.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dune-poster.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why don't you guys like Dune?
>>
I like it.

But then again, it's probably just cause I like Sting a whole lot.
>>
File: LITTLE ATREIDES DICKS.jpg (297 KB, 990x1183) Image search: [Google]
LITTLE ATREIDES DICKS.jpg
297 KB, 990x1183
>>63405418
Louis C.K. rolls on stage, his worm body hanging over his Ixian cart, crushing a stool with five-ton body. His face is somber.

>Fremen... I wanna be serious for a moment. I've got something I need to say.
*Crowd murmurs, the audience is worried*
>My Hwi... my Hwi just gave birth to a healthy Harkonnen baby boy!
*Crowd erupts in cheers and applause, cries of "Congratulations!"*
>Nine months ago my wife was bred by a strong Harkonnen bull, and today I held the product of his virile seed in my indestructible arms. I couldn't have been more proud.
>But you know, when I was in the nursery, I looked around at the other babies too. And when I looked at the Atreides babies...
Crowd begins to hiss and boo
>I know how you feel, everyone. But when I looked at the Atreides babies, and more specifically the, uh, diaper area. I noticed that they all had...
*Crowd shouts in unison "LITTLE ATREIDES SANDWORMS!"
>I couldn't believe how tiny those things were! I felt SORRY for the women who have had to put up with THAT for the past three millennia!
*Laughter*
>But when I looked down at the baby in my arms, I could see from one glance that he had a...
*Crowd shouts in unison "BIG HARKONNEN SANDWORM!"*
>I was like "Damn, this thing is bigger than me, and he's just a baby!" So much for "the golden path", huh?
*More laughter*
>I know one day he's gonna please a LOT of Atreides women unhappy with their husbands' tiny sandworms, just like me!
*Cheers mix into the laughter, one Bene Gesserit shouts, "Me first, me first!"
>Sorry, but there's already a hundred Face Dancers ahead of you on the list.
*Crowd "aw"s*
>Hey, you MIGHT be able to get to the top of the list... if you ride the worm of every Tleilaxu here, right now!
*Crowd explodes with excitement, chants of "SIAYNOQ!" and "Ride that Shai-Hulud!" erupt. The woman's husband cheers her on as she gets on her knees in front of the first Tleilaxu. The show ends as everyone watches the woman service Tleilaxu after Tleilaxu.*
>>
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 173x291) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 173x291
>>63405418
redux is ten times better
>hurr durr fan edit
it adds in scenes that were never released for dvd
It's more like a restoration
>>
It has young Sean Young in it what's not to like
>>
the only dune i like, is jodorowskys dune.
>>
the thinking outloud bits were not done so well
>>
File: smiling-elephant-seal.jpg (169 KB, 1200x945) Image search: [Google]
smiling-elephant-seal.jpg
169 KB, 1200x945
>>63405445
>So much for "the golden path", huh?
>>
i wish this was a board in which i could learn things instead of becoming increasingly confused
>>
I read the book before watching the movie but seeing the whole thing visually just makes me embarrassed over everything. I don't even know what the fuck that brain thing was at the beginning.
>>
>>63405618
I think he must have had some influence

the guy who speaks through the microphone is very jodorowsky with the sound oh his natural voice which very reminicient of minor characters in the holy mountain. also in that same scene some of the characters standing around the throne seem very jodorowsky. I bet he had something to do with at least one scene and this was it.
>>
>>63405639
Those were the best parts you pleb.
>>
>>63405418
too offensive without enough reward

unless the offense is the reward, hence its fan base.
>>
>>63405445
you're not funny
>>
>>63405729
and you're an idiot
>>
>>63405790
are you saying this movie isnt offensive?

are you saying there's otherwise a big reward?

this movie infamously failed and I'm simply answering the thread question
>>
>>63405729
whats offensive about it?
>>63405418
I liked both the book and the movie (it was still fun in its own way)
>>
>>63405675
what are you confused by?
>>
>>63405418
cos it's a bag of shit compared to the book.
>>
>>63405833
>whats offensive about it?
guess

I'm thinking of two things. Can you think of three?
>>
>>63405880
sand,jihad and eugenics? its not offensive if you think about it
>>
File: 1449322461586s.jpg (8 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1449322461586s.jpg
8 KB, 250x201
>>63405880
The fact that one of the bad guys is gay?
>>
File: dune.jpg (65 KB, 400x655) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
65 KB, 400x655
>>63405445
Fuck that cover is awful, Leto looks like a pharao's head on a giant dong.

Check that french one
>>
>>63406109
>>63406136
well I wasnt thinking that deep

more like super duper disgusting guy and then this guy rapes to death some twink

thats gonna put some people off
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.