[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Henry Fonda's career took a dive after Once Upon a Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: OUATITW_03.jpg (61 KB, 800x343) Image search: [Google]
OUATITW_03.jpg
61 KB, 800x343
Henry Fonda's career took a dive after Once Upon a Time in the West due to his villainous role (and killing a child). Are there any other examples of actors/actresses whose career was affected by a certain role they took on? Why are people unable to comprehend that they are, in fact, just characters?
>>
The Scorpio killer from Dirty Harry got real life death threats
>>
Jim Caviezel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8FpwKPmcc
>>
http://nerdist.com/linda-blair-on-the-exorcists-continued-impact/

>Then other factors; a lot of the Southern Baptists, a lot of; the South wanted to pretty much hang me; put me up on the cross and burn me because they thought that I was that, not realizing I was just a child and it was job and I really didn’t take it to heart as far as what the whole subject matter was, so it was very, very difficult.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/41504/exclusive-linda-blair-reflects-on-40-years-with-the-exorcist-for-fearnet-s-february-17th-five-film-marathon/

>Especially all the pressure the press put on me- they thought I had all the answers about faith and Catholicism.

>To me The Exorcist was a work of fiction; I didn’t realize then that it dealt with anything in reality, and so when the press kept asking me about all the devil stuff, it just kept adding to the pressure I was under, and it was just an awful thing to go through as a teenager.

>american education
>>
File: Gul_Dukat.jpg (14 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Gul_Dukat.jpg
14 KB, 576x432
>>63193167
GOOD
>>
Ellen Page after Hard Candy. Don't even see the same person anymore.
>>
>>63193132
There's that guy whose character killed John Wayne's character in The Cowboys. He was supposed to be the new up and coming superstar but that one scene destroyed his career
>>
>>63193272
Lol. They just left this dude crucified all day when filming? Was it method acting, or what?
>>
>>63193272

Funny story, I actually saw Jim Caviezel speak at a Catholic Men's Conference in Boston a few months after the Passion came out. He was talking about, you know, faith this, jesus that, blah blah, but he specifically said Mel warned him his career would be over if he did the movie. And he said he considered it his vocation, his god-chosen opportunity to do something that he felt was divinely inspired, and he would be denying the will of God if he turned down the role. To Thunderous Applause of course.
>>
File: bane.jpg (29 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
29 KB, 425x640
>>63193132
Tom Hardy life will be defined by his role as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. He could be winning several Oscars in the future that people in a century will still remember him as the greatest Big Guy ever filmed.
>>
>>63193407
Underrated
>>
>>63193132
>Henry Fonda
>due to his villainous role (and killing a child).
>(and killing a child).
Could you care to elaborate anon. I'm old enough there's google but this may be something interesting for all of us to discuss.
>>
>>63193463
That's pretty fucked up for the young dude but really speaks volumes on how beloved John Wayne must've been at the time, must've felt good
>>
>>63194175
He's not saying that Fonda actually killed a child, but the picture in the OP is from the scene where he's introduced. The scene in which he kills an entire family and then shoots a young boy and smirks afterwords. That stuck with audiences in the late 60's and sort of ruined his image.
>>
>>63194279
lol based Sergio hired him specifically because of his image
>>
>>63193800
but he didn't have a career before that, f to the am
>>
>>63193132
It wasn't just that, but also rumors of his heavy drinking and abuse at home, and also just a general shift in tastes concerning leading man. He was hardly the hot young stallion by then.
>>
>>63194279
Oh ok, yeah reading the sentence I thought it could be that, but just wanted to make sure.

Also like in >>63194244 pretty good for Sergio for achieving such an impact, shitty for Henry
>>
>>63193132
That guy that got raped in Deliverance
>>
>>63193132

http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/442859/Bruce-Dern-Shooting-John-Wayne-killed-my-career
>>
>>63193132

He got hired again by Leone as a good guy for My Name is Nobody and Fonda said that was his favorite movie he ever did.
>>
>>63193132

>Why are people unable to comprehend that they are, in fact, just characters?

Normal people can, but we're talking about Americans here. The majority of that tribe believes the earth was created in 7 days.
>>
>>63195115
6 days motherfucker 7th day was rest day
>>
File: 1443314824071.jpg (55 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
1443314824071.jpg
55 KB, 458x390
>>63193575
Based Mel being based as always.
>>
>>63194244
>implying howdy pilgrims didn't deliberately sabotage that kid's career like the megalomaniac he was
also, the guy that played the serial killer in silence of the lambs (not anthony hopkins obviously) really struggled a while in hollywood until he got the part of the lieutenant in monk
>>
>>63194279
He also killed a guy, then sort-of raped his widow, while taunting her about her husband.
>>
>>63193379
They're getting angry at a movie in which the central theme is the power of Christ is stronger than Satan.
Then again, Southern Baptists are pretty much sub-humans.
>>
What's with this America hating shit? Is this a /tv/ thing?
>>
>>63196565
He raped her, but being a former hooker she had thick skin enough not to give him the satisfaction of a fight or even cold indifference.
>>
File: falconetti.jpg (33 KB, 599x396) Image search: [Google]
falconetti.jpg
33 KB, 599x396
>>
>>63196445
>the guy that played the serial killer in silence of the lambs (not anthony hopkins obviously) really struggled a while in hollywood until he got the part of the lieutenant in monk
Why did he struggle? He was amazing in The Silence of the Lambs.
>>
>>63196785
It's probably an usual case of butthurt against Catholics.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.