[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stranger things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: stranger-things.jpg (30 KB, 892x466) Image search: [Google]
stranger-things.jpg
30 KB, 892x466
>Super 8 meets Half Life and meets Powerpuff Girls
Had a few problems but overall i think it was pretty good.
I wasn't ready for the pregnant boy finale
>>
>>72076868
On episode 7 right now

Holy shit Netflix really is the next HBO. If Netflix renews this show and orders more similar to it, we could definitely see a drama/mystery renaissance in the next two years.

Because for once, content doesn't simply make money by being watch-baiting anymore with endless commercials about it being driven into the eyes of the absentminded. Content now has to stand on its own two feet to even gain a footing in this day and age of television. I fucking love it

>inb4 shill for netflix

Nigger nigger nigger allah ackbar
>>
>>72076868
I just finished.

Like half the time my asshole was fucking sealed shut I was so tense. Fuck, this really was some fucking kino right here.

Also, this is how you do an 80's throwback right here. Shit felt straight-up Spielberg at times.
>>
Desperately praying for a season 2 in hopes of more of my shaved headed waifu.
>>
>>72076999
Netflix has been good for a while now. Anyone that disagrees is just a faggot. Even their pure entertainment stuff like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Bojack and the new Voltron are all pretty damned good compared to what you would see on tv.
>>
more like Super 8 and Half-life are derivative of the same stuff that Stranger Things is
>>
>>72076868
This show is fucking mediocre. Can you enjoy it if you're not murrican?
>>
>>72079392
Have you not finished it yet?
>>
>>72079408
episode 6. So far it seems a show based on super 8 which I hated. Do the final 2 episodes really save it for me? I dont get it, I really think this must be something that appeals to Murrican culture.
>>
I liked it a lot. I was shocked to learn it wasn't based on a Stephen King book lmao
>>
Watched the first 3 episodes and so far it's been nothing but cliches from 80s movies.
>>
>>72079508
The good cliches, or the bad cliches?
>>
>>72079435
You've never watched a Spielberg movie? Or a John Carpenter movie? Or read a Stephen King novel?

How could you think this was JUST based on Super 8 (which btw is a pale imitation of Spielberg)?
>>
>>Super 8 meets Half Life and meets Powerpuff Girls

Wow none of these are good. Thanks for the warning.
>>
>>72079542
Like some of the Spielberg movies. Though close encounters was moderately interesting. Hated ET.

Some Carpenter movies are amazing.

Stephen King for the most part has written trash. Some of his books are good, but if you write enough you'll accidentally write something good.

Either way this feels like a kids show. Its not too smart. Not much happens. The dialogue is cringeworthy. Its seems to be mostly 80s style with little substance. I just dont get this show and usually Im all about scifi/horror.
>>
>>72079574
OP's fucking retarded, ignore him. I don't know where in the fuck he got PPG from.

The early part of the season is extremely Spielberg-esque, to the point where it's basically E.T. Once shit gets moving though, it turns into something more akin to The Thing or a Stephen King novel.

There's shades of every 80's film under the sun though, including Ferris Bueller and Stand By Me.
>>
>>72079774
>Spielberg-esque

Kill yourself already
>>
>>72079683
Well, last two eps might grab you, I dunno. It gets more violent and creepy, if that's your bag.
>>
File: 1404934637490.jpg (56 KB, 505x388) Image search: [Google]
1404934637490.jpg
56 KB, 505x388
>>72079683
>Its seems to be mostly 80s style with little substance.
I liked the show myself, but I kinda got this feeling as well. Like the setting was mostly about not having to work around the "cellphone problem" and pandering to nostalgia fags. People keep praising the soundtrack in particular, but to me it sounded so disjointed and like it was picked out by someone rifling through old best of the 80's shit. I looked up the Duffer Brothers because of this and sure enough those fuckers are only 32.
>>
>>72079840
>I looked up the Duffer Brothers because of this and sure enough those fuckers are only 32.

Lol wtf.
>>
>>72076868
>Super 8 meets Half Life and meets Powerpuff Girls
What the fuck? These are the comparisons you came up with? Are you autistic?
>>
I liked it and I generally hate 80s shit, and I also hate modern shit trying to look 80s. It was in some weird middle ground where it actually gave me a solid erection the entire time I was watching it.

Camera at the end felt like I was betrayed by the show though.
>>
File: corrigan.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
corrigan.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
it's kind of shit, but since i pay for netflix, i'm going to bloody well get my sixpence out of it, despite the wasted time and general self-loathing.
>>
>>72076868
was I the only one who thought the paranormal stuff was the least interesting part of the series? If it were just a mystery about a missing kid in small town america that eventually came to paranomal conclusions i'd have been more invested but the way it immediately reveals ayylmaos i'm like, nah. Set dressing and atmosphere are 10's though.
>>
>>72079930
What, Discount Dane DeHaan getting the camera? I thought that was a solid way to wrap up that arc, and I think it was implied that Discount Andrew Garfield was the one that gave him the gift.

Was surprised they went that route though, with Nancy choosing Chad's dick.
>>
>>72079882
Seriously. Starting now, I'm going to start auto-dropping any 80's shit that has the balls to play Africa.
>>
Based Steve was best character
>>
>>72079791

Yeah the correct terminology is Spielbergian!

Also the entire thing where the mom starts dressing up the house in christmas lights and stuff is almost straight out of Third Encounters.
>>
>>72079683
>fan of scifi/horror
>wants substance

Who are you?
>>
>>72079840
This
I really wanted to like this, but this is on par with turbo kid and kung fury. At least super 8 was directed by someone that lived through the 80s. Even Everybody Wants some was a better "muh 80s" than this.
>>
Why is /tv/ praising this? This show is shit
>>
>>72080135
Probably someone who reads a book once in a while, like Hyperion and excepts the genre to have substance on tv too.

Then again stuff like The Expanse goes beyond generic trash. But I guess you didnt like that show. Too much "smart" talk
>>
>>72080171
>this is on par with turbo kid and kung fury.
I mean you don't have to like the show but you're taking it a little far there buddy.
>>
>>72080196

It's a netflix show, tons of people just watch it and praise it for simply not being on TV.
>>
>>72080209
He's right though. Didnt get the hype for Turbo Kid either. The movie tried too hard
>>
>>72080076
Yeah I'm talking more about the implied discount Andrew Garfield buying the camera. Like the whole last half of the season made it seem like she was going for the weird guy, then at the last minute they drop the hammer on your dick and put her back with the guy who scribbled "this girls a slut" in the middle of town. I get they wanted to play with my emotions I just don't know why.
>>
>>72080196
Explain why you think it's shit. Your negativity brings nothing to this thread other than bad vibes.
>>
>>72080198
I didn't watch it.
>>
>>72080266
Bad writing, bad acting, awful leading child actors, weird pacing, and the soundtrack is completely off
>>
>>72080266
Hes right this show is shit.

>>72080281
Watch it, its a bit slow but incredible. Far better than anything you would expect for a SyFy show
>>
>>72080232
I thought Turbo Kid was good for what it was, it was an over-the-top nostalgia-pandering 80's/90's love letter. I had no problem with that.

Honestly though Stranger Things rises way above that bullshit imo. I'd say it's more on par with The Guest in terms of 80's stylings: doesn't go over the top, doesn't toss it in your facez, but is clearly designed to feel like an 80's movie.
>>
File: 1401052040581.jpg (24 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1401052040581.jpg
24 KB, 259x383
>>72080263
You got your feelings hurt by a tv show? Jesus Christ, man, you really need to rethink your life.
>>
>>72080285
>awful leading child actors

Compared to what? My anus bleeds with hate upon watching any and all child actors but I could tolerate these ones.
>>
File: Violet.jpg (23 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
Violet.jpg
23 KB, 309x309
>>72080318
all child actors?

you dunnit now m8
>>
>>72080198
>hur dur l read a books

whats with the influx of people on /tv/ thinking they're super special and superior because they know how to read?
>>
>>72080310
>wanted to
>>
>>72080318
Compared to Max in Krampus, this lead was god awful. Not as bad as babadook, but worse than the girl in Jurassic Park
>>
>>72080198

The amount of horror films and tv shows with substance can basically be counted on one hand. It's the same with action. These are style genres where the most memorable scenes are crazy death scenes, neat scores and so on. Maybe once in a blue moon you get something that isn't entirely stupid but that's really about it.
>>
>>72080263
Them fighting off Faceless at the end (and Steve talking with Nancy through the door beforehand) made Steve seem like he was legit apologetic and was there for her.

I dunno. The fight made it seem ambiguous, she could have chosen either one.
>>
>>72080196
>>72080230
i agree. some people are shilling it so hard, which makes me wonder if they're getting paid to do so, or they just don't know any better. it's on par with Hemlock Grove, which was fucking awful. at least with Hemlock Grove, however, i got a sense that some of it was tongue in cheek. stranger things just comes off like a try hard 80s wanna be movie made by people that weren't even alive then, and produced by old, out of touch people.
>>
I've never heard of this and my netflix seems to have expired
>>
>>72080285

The child actors were pretty decent if you ask me. Only problem is that they're not written very well.
>>
>>72080339
Because the average /tvirgin doesnt read or have the attention span for it. So they dont understand how there is a wealth of superior stories out there in book form over tv, which tends to use the same formula over and over with slight twist.

Anon claimed that scifi/horror cam't have substance, thats because scifi/horror on tv has no substance. I needed to enlighten my fellow anon on how wrong he is and that the problem is contained to the mediocre format that is tv. Did that answer your question faggot? Well.. Well did it?!
>>
If you want to watch a somewhat decent "muh 80s," house of devil is much better than this show.
>>
>>72080347
they chose the weirdest looking bunch of kids. The black kid was the only normal one
>>
>>72080416
It's almost like they were bullied nerdy kids or something
>>
>>72080285
I agree with you on the soundtrack. For an 80s tryhard nostalgia fest, the soundtrack doesn't match it at all. More orchestral themes than overused synth
>>
>>72080367
Not who you're arguing with, but I thought the show had plenty of substance. There was enough story and motivation for every character that appeared on screen that I never once felt like I wanted to skip past any of it. That's fucking amazing to me, especially considering that there's a bit of teenage love triangle subplot.
>>
The score was overdone
>>
>>72080375

>makes me wonder if they're getting paid to do so

No, it's more that they are young and are easily impressed by stuff. Just think about how some teenagers get excited over their favorite bands and stuff. The same applies to TV shows and stuff.
>>
>>72080545
>stuff stuff and stuff
>>
>>72080375
>it's on par with hemlock grove

You had me until here, dirty memester.
>>
>>72080455
u can look normal and be nerdy. These kids just look like orcs and goblins
>>
>>72080579

I see you get my point. Kids like stuff.
>>
>>72080461
I have a massive hard-on for synth/electronic-style John Carpenter shit, but yeah to really sell it here they should have made an actual orchestral score.

Fuck it, get John Williams in there. Might as well go the Full Monty.
>>
>>72080389
>criticizes something
>literally has nothin more than
>"its not smart enough for a reader like me"
>"books are superior medium silly /tv/irgin"
>"pacing, soundtrack, acting all bad"
>"plot is also bad bad not good"
>"muh substance"

just not liking something is fine, but you don't have to pretend to be smarter than you are to justify it.
>>
Shit, super 8? I completely forgot that existed.
I saw it in the cheap-o movie theatre when it came out, don't even remember who I went with.

Was it any good? I can't remember.
>>
>>72080608
Yeah let's get some normal looking kids and give them pocket protectors and call them nerds. It'll fit right in with the rest of the ABC family lineup.
>>
>>72080608
You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're picking on kids for being ugly.
>>
>>72080636
The kids in super 8 didn't look extremely strange. And they were believable as dorks
>>
>>72080614
Don't get me wrong, I like slow burning synth, as long as it matches the movie/show
>>
>>72080633
I liked it when I saw it.

It could have been better in retrospect, but I still think of that one kid shouting "Production value! Production value!"
when I'm getting ready to shoot a short.
>>
>>72080689
Like, if it were a futuristic style movie like EFNY or Blade Runner that score would be fucking hype.
>>
can someone post pics of the short girl, shes A CUTE
>>
>>72080723
Yeah, but they were aiming for a Spielbergian, Joe Dante, Landis type shit. Honestly, if the score was better it would make the movie more memorable. Super 8 had a great score
>>
>>72080662
They fucking sucked and that's that.
>>
>>72080632
Are you mentally retarded

I was criticizing >>72080135

But you took the comment out of context and went on a mentally ill rant. Kill yourself already.
>>
Why have I literally never heard of this, but now everyone's talking about it?
>>
>>72080285
I really liked the soundtrack. To me the show felt like it was using enough 80s shit to not be superficial while also avoiding trying to make a perfect 80s clone and the soundtrack reflected that 1:1.
>>
I didn't know elfen lied got a live action adaption.
>>
>>72080733
THIS. POST MORE TOMBOY
>>
>>72080892
It just felt overused, like it is in every muh 80s movie. Synth wasn't that huge in 82
>>
>>72080882
Netflix, it got dumped in one go
>>
>>72080882
Just came out two days ago.
>>
>>72080942
That's what I'm saying though. I liked it because it fit the show, which was also not trying to fool anyone into thinking it was actually made in the 80s. It's completely modern it just tastes like an older era.
>>
>>72081060
>just tastes like an older era.
How old are you?
>>
>>72081060
no, it really doesn't, summer child
>>
>>72081113
>>72081164
You guys want to fuck or what's the deal here?
>>
Hope the second season is set in the 2000s with mike and eleven living together :3
>>
>>72080608
>u can look normal and be nerdy
No you can't. Kill yourself you fucking normie.
>>
>>72081235
she's fucking dead
>>
>>72081227
t. Reddit
>>
>>72076868
That sounds fucking amazing. Can't watch without the fiancee though, waiting on him that bastard!
>>
>>72081235
>Not eleven and Nancy

The fuck is wrong with you fag?
>>
This shit was so fucking good. The soundtrack is fucking top tier. The spoopy alternate dimension was sweet as fuck, all the organic cancer shit, hell yeah. OP as fuck psychic powers with drawbacks. X-Files tier men in black. Alien monster thing looked awful, and I wish they kept with the Ep.1 wierd slenderman type shit.
The absolute best child actors ever, bar none, I fucking LOVE these kids. Whoever directed their acting deserves a raise and directing capabilities of every child actor from now on.
>>
I feel like this show should have been more violent and more intense.
>>
>>72079574
it's better described as: stephen king meets 80s john carpenter meets x-men

>>72081235
2000s horror sucked, i'd rather have it set in the 70s
>>
File: Anna Kendrick.jpg (157 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Anna Kendrick.jpg
157 KB, 720x960
It reminded me a lot of Saya no Uta in terms of the alternative world's design as well the as the monster design.

Not sure what everyone is bitching over in terms of "Style over substance," It's a visual fucking medium.
>>
>>72081478
It has nothing to do with X-Men despite the characters referencing it a couple of times.

It's literally a Stephen King story told like E.T./Close Encounters with a John Carpenter score.
>>
>>72081478
No it's better described as elfen lied meets hellraiser.
>>
>>72081273
>actually believing she's dead

how gullible are you
>>
>watch trailer
>spooky mystery show set in the 80s
>hype
>it's about some gay kid with magic powers
dropped it half way through the trailer
>>
>>72081502
hello rato!
>>
>>72081636
That's clearly Anna Kendrick, it says so in the filename.

Show some respect.
>>
>>72081607
it's not though. that's what I thought at first. it's way cooler.
>>
>>72076868
>>Super 8 meets Half Life and meets Powerpuff Girls

It was more like Stephen King's It meets Stephen King's Carrie.
The whole show was a mashup of many King's books, they even name drop him a once or twice.
>>
>>72081778
Explain
>>
>>72082007
watch the first minute of the first episode and you'll see there's more at play
>>
>>72081974
Exactly what I thought as well. Was still enjoyable though, but kinda made me wish they'd do a whole series for the the It remake instead of cramming the whole 1100 page novel into one 2hr movie...
>>
DUDE TRAPPER KEEPER LMAO
>>
>>72079774
this
>>
>>72080171
super 8 was trash
>>
>tfw I know the people that dont like this are neckbearded cucks voting for crooked hillary. Get out of your basement anon, you might even get a tomboy for yourself!
>>
>everyone just forgets about barbara aka thicc red.

You think the least they could do is show the funeral for her or something.
>>
>>72079392
>>72079435
you're trying way too much to sound "not a dumb murican"
check your edge
>>
>>72079991
Hello Mark
>>
>>72079574
Old school PPG was fucking cartoon network kino you underaged faggot
>>
>>72083145
I think she might appear in the next season. They left him in the upside down world. In the last scene, Will ends up coughing a slug and the upside down world appears again for a quick second. My theory is that the slug is some kind of parasite that takes control of your body. Like in the Thing, that is referenced several time in the show.
>>
>>72083490
bars dead body was seen on the ground though in the dark world.
>>
absolutely loved this show, it captured the essence of everything that it was an homage and love letter to: king novels carpenter and spielberg movies and this show was way more authentically 80s than super 8, actually it's the most authentic portrayal of the 80s i can think of aside from one or two instances (hop's blazer is a 91-96 model, but that can be easily overlooked)
>>
File: Nancy is cute!.png (619 KB, 1012x569) Image search: [Google]
Nancy is cute!.png
619 KB, 1012x569
>>
>>72083490
The whole slug scene was creepy
>>
File: Cute!.png (628 KB, 1012x569) Image search: [Google]
Cute!.png
628 KB, 1012x569
>>
>>72083795
>>72083490
was it a new slug or was it the tail of the old slug? It seemed kind of severed to me.
>>
>>72083769
>>72083798
the girl from tomorrowland sure grew up fast
>>
File: Slug.png (181 KB, 703x340) Image search: [Google]
Slug.png
181 KB, 703x340
>>72083812
Look like a new one to me
>>
>>72083812
probably got a bunch of slug eggs in his stomach
>>
>>72083845
>>72083862
spooky desu

also didn't anyone else notice the hatched egg, i mean it wasn't sublte, it was right there. but that means the creature was breeding or something right?

he ate half is pray and the other half he fed to the slugs who must cocoon in eggs then emerge or something. very alien-esque with slugs down peoples throats and eggs.
>>
anyone else get annoyed by how they used a moby song in the finale while having only used time appropriate music before?
>>
Pretentious crap that Jay from RLM would enjoy
>>
>Meet science teacher
>Man, they're gonna make this guy a pedophile arent they
>Nope, he's handled awesomely, great teacher

>Meet Based Hop
>What is he the drug taking yokel cop?
>Nope, he's a real human bean and a real hero

>Meet Lucas
>Oh they're gonna treat the black kid with kid gloves and righteous tokenism
>Nope, he's actually his own character and allowed to be flawed

>Here we go, Nancy obviously falls for Jonathan, ditching her asshole chad bf
>Nope, her bf steps up and they stay together

Pleasantly surprised they eschewed so many easily, fashionable cliches
>>
Oddly enough, Drive (which some say helped usher in the whole retro movement) doesn't rely on 80s pandering.
>>
>no spoiler alerts

FUCK YOU NIGGERS. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>72084044
why would you go into a thread and expect that? this is /tv/ dude
>>
>>72084021
too bad they kept the most annoying one

>the strange qt girl sacrifices has to die so the others can live

reeee im so sick of the love interest having to die, it's so over done.
>>
>>72084044
You should never enter a thread like this without seeing the show first, dumbass.
>>
>>72084044
>>no spoiler alerts
>FUCK YOU NIGGERS. FUCK YOU.

I found a failsafe method. I watched all 8 episodes before coming to these threads in which the show is discussed. It's great. See, i've seen em all, so there's nothing to spoil.
>>
>>72083894
When 11 was looking for the redhead, you could see a much larger slug crawling out of the mouth of her corpse. Definitely very Alien-y.
>>
>>72084044
>>72084129

Oh i forgot this board is now full blown reddit and all those new people have no idea spoilers exist.

You ruined the fucking show for me, thanks.
>>
>>72084086
She doesn't die bro.
>>
>>72084196
this troll is so cliche

>lol i'll pretend to be angry to get (you)s

just stop
>>
>>72084086
Yeah, it was kinda funny how they constantly sorta glanced over Barb being missing. "Barb's still out there and--" "But, Willll!"

Although it could be chalked up embracing that trope.
>>
>>72084208
i hope you're right bro, i hope you're right
>>
>>72084196
Let's not shit up comfy Stranger Things threads.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.png (1 MB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.png
1 MB, 1280x640
>>
>>72084217
I'm not trolling. I'm on the episode 3 right now, and saw the thread in the catalog.
I was just curious what /tv/ thinks about the show but instead i got retards talking about the ending without fucking spoiler tags.
>>
>>72084265
11 dies
>>
Where can I buy some eggos?
>>
>Stranger.Things.S01E01.Chapter.One.The.Vanishing.Of.Will.Byers.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb
>Stranger.Things.S01E01.Chapter.One.The.Vanishing.Of.Will.Byers.2160p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb

4K RIPS ARE BEING POSTED NOW
>>
>>72084293
So does your dog. Tonight.
>>
>>72084265
i learned early on that /tv/ is not the board to go to for discussion of a show until after you've caught up or finished watching it. i've been spoiled for several series... breaking bad, game of thrones, mr. robot... you just gotta have some personal responsibility now when you go into these things
>>
>>72084258
Really is the ultimate childhood wish fulfillment. Qt mutant girl to call your own and hide from your parents. :_;

>>72084318
literally everywhere
>>
>>72084324
Why even download those when you can watch it on Netflix in 4K?
>>
>>72084241
Pay attention to what the Sheriff does with the food after the credits man.
>>
>>72084331
Thanks, navigating this place can be confusing but it seems like you're getting the hang of it. ill try to wait it out. Just don't think its a lot to ask oh well.
>>
>>72084349
because pirates and poorfags don't wanna pay $10/mo or share an account with friends or family lol
>>
>>72084356
Lets talk logistics or scenarios here. Regarding what that meant.

1. El is in another dimension but is able to come back to get them

2. Obviously following their powwow, the governments involved and El is back in their control. They pick up the food for her.

3. It's symbolic, he's grieving for his daughter through her

4. The lil pantry box itself is a portal

5. ?

Which is it bros
>>
>>72084349
Because paying for Netflix is fucking stupid.

Here's some 4K screenshots.

https://i1.someimage.com/6drLihD.png
https://i1.someimage.com/JkhRa8Z.png
https://i1.someimage.com/jraZ5BU.png
>>
>>72084457
Ok, you don't pay for Netflix that's awesome. Do we have to do this in every thread?
>>
File: comfy.png (40 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
40 KB, 362x362
Image being 12 and secretly logging into your big brothers netflix account and watching this show with your best friends from school on a friday evening.
>>
>>72084491
Since you faggots keep asking... Yes...
>>
>>72084327
dont have one lmao
>>
>>72084632
Awesome, you're a true freedom fighter and rebel. /tv/ is your battlefield. Dismantle the corporate oligarchy my Anonymous pirate comrade, godspeed.
>>
>>72084667
No some faggots always asks, why, and we answer as to why. Stop acting like a retard on the lowest IQ board... nvm....

you belong here
>>
>>72084434
a tribute bro

like leaving flowers/possessions at a grave but she has no grave so they leave it where they found her
>>
File: image02.jpg (3 MB, 3840x1920) Image search: [Google]
image02.jpg
3 MB, 3840x1920
>>72084491
Tell that to the retards who say I should pay for something I can get for free.

Downloading the 4K rips as we speak for my 4K TV.

Here's a 4K screenshot of Nancy I had to compress with JPG to get it to post here.
>>
>>72084738
stop posting that slut
>>
>>72084711
That makes sense, and very well may be true, but then what was the limo chat about? At least, they wanted to make sure he'd keep his word and not talk about any of the events, but likely something more?
>>
File: SCP_Logo_1.1_preview_featured.jpg (36 KB, 628x472) Image search: [Google]
SCP_Logo_1.1_preview_featured.jpg
36 KB, 628x472
Show about SCP never ever.
>>
>>72084897
likely yeah, stick to the deal or you go away
>>
Derivative, cliche, trite. I knew what every character was going to say before they said it. 8 50 minute episodes with about 5 mins of horror in each and 45 mins of Winona Ryder over-acting. The problem was, all the mystery had gone out of the show by episode 2, so after that point you were waiting got the characters to catch up to the audience and re-state what they already figured out. There's as zero-threat from the monster and there was little point teasing a creature on show you can pause, rewind and study. The kids were well acted and the teenage relationship drama was decent- actually, all the youth characters and their conflicts were well-done. Deadbeat dad and all the other interpersonal drama was really weak. Overall, 6/10. Even this eight episode run sufferd from netflix's massive padding issues. They might not be beholden to commercials but they still have to create content that fits their model, and that means keeping people watching...and wactching...and watching, which really just means a lot of wasted time and scenes to keep people subbed. Given all the padding, he lack of any compelling character development was particularly egregious. The music was great and it looked good though.
>>
why did the cop put waffles in the box in the snow and where did the men in black take him in the last episode when he got in their car as he was leaving the hospital?
>>
>>72085004
it was still the best netfucks show yet.
>>
season 2 opens with how eleven escaped the facility. it serves to parallel with her escape back from the shadow world that will be a plot point of season 2. calling it now.
>>
>>72085025
We talk about this in this very thread.

>>72084711
>>72084897
>>72084434

What's your take anon?
>>
File: 1465405145610.jpg (39 KB, 462x682) Image search: [Google]
1465405145610.jpg
39 KB, 462x682
There are really some 10/10 Top-Tier milfs on this show. Thanks for recommending it /tv/.
>>
>>72084457
>Because paying for Netflix is fucking stupid.

How do you think they got the money to make this show?
>>
>>72080691
>but I still think of that one kid shouting "Production value! Production value!" when I'm getting ready to shoot a short.
so i'm not the same
>>
>>72083798
>>72083769
>guy who is semi-experienced hunter
>can't hit a stationary target 10 feet away

>girl who has never held a gun before in her life
>picks up gun and hits on first try
fuck you
>>
>>72086852
he said he didn't like hunting and cried for days after killing an animal. he likely developed a flinch pretty quickly that can take practice to unlearn.

she had never used a gun before but was in the perfect state of mind to want to kill her enemy. she may not flinch.

the guys hand did seems steady however so w/e.
>>
>>72086995
look, i'm perfectly fine with her hitting the target but they could have at least made her miss on the first try to make it seem a little bit realistic
>>
>>72083769
>>72083798
cute
>>
>>72087041
>make it seem a little bit realistic

fuck off autist
>>
>>72087041
if you want to complain about realism. complain about the cop firing his revolver in a concrete corridor and not going immediately deaf
>>
File: run from monster.webm (3 MB, 840x416) Image search: [Google]
run from monster.webm
3 MB, 840x416
>>
>>72087324
good one. I keked.
>>
>>72087249
what if he's already deaf?
>>
>>72087324
nice
>>
>>72087474
then how does he hear people approaching from behind?
>>
>>72080919

That's what I kept thinking, too. It's like ET meets Elfen Lied with a dash of IT, Firestarter, and Stand By Me thrown in. The teenage characters are straight out of a Stephen King novel (poor, troubled artsy kid solving the mystery with the friendly pretty girl -- literally Stephen King's speciality)

It's a decent show, not groundbreaking or particularly stimulating intellectually, but the homage/pastiche is well executed for the most part. Pacing is weird, though, and a lot of it is very obvious and predictable. Also the scenes when Eleven is forced to undergo sensory deprivation completely ripped off Under the Skin with the whole "glossy pitch black abyss" thing.

Now that I think about it, there's pretty much nothing original about it. That sucks.
>>
>>72087509
vibrations in the wind?
>>
>>72087536
can't hear vibrations in the wind if ur ears are all fucked up
>>
>>72087552
i meant that he feels them
>>
>>72087518
at least 11 is hotter than scarjew
>>
so what was the fucking mushroom monster's deal anyway
was he just autistic or can he only eat stuff if it's in the upside down
>>
>>72087651
why are there portals in trees and shit if he can just jump between worlds as he sees fit?
>>
Solid, not great. Well-worth a watch if you like "those" 80's movies.
>>
The ripoff of Beyond Two Souls is beyond blatant. David Cage should sue.
>>
I'm at episode 6 and so far this has been a total waste of Matthew "Hothead" Modine.
>>
>>72088202
what is beyond two souls?
>>
>that scene le sneaky police chief sneaks up on and knocks out 4 armed federal agents

jesus christ
>>
>>72088272
you might as well watch the last two episode at that point
>>
File: maximum comfy.jpg (29 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
maximum comfy.jpg
29 KB, 333x500
>suddenly fucking Elegia
I lost my mind during the funeral scene from laughing thanks to the MGS5 trailer.

I'm about to hit Episode 6 and forcing myself to stop until nighttime because shits getting spooky. I really like it however. It really feels something King would write, mixed with some Spielberg elements like the kids dynamic and one upping the bully infront of everyone, and just in general.

The Nancy/Steve/Jonathan element so far has been kind of neat and a bit odd. Not really bad, just sort of detracts from what I want to see with Jonathan and the kids storyline. Cop portion is pretty dank as well, just because he's an adult who isn't incompetent and is shown figuring shit out, which is refreshing.

>those kids going on an adventure with a paranormal element on those bikes
That is super maximum King comfy that hasn't been seen in a long time
>>
>>72088875
Yeah Hop's the man
>>
>>72088912
i miss River..
>>
>>72088912
>I WAS BORN IN A SMALL TOWN, I WAS STILL A CHILD WHEN I WAS CAPTURED BY MONSTERS. FOREIGN MONSTERS. TORN FROM MY FRIENDS, I WAS MADE TO SPEAK THROUGH THEIR WALLS. WITH EACH NEW WALL, MY MONSTERS CHANGED. ALONG WITH THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS THEY MADE ME SPEAK.

LIGHTS. CAN. KILL
>>
Why does Netflix make shit in 2:1 if it's for 1.78:1 screens?
>>
how did raffey get so tall for this movie?
>>
>>72079840
lol you're a moron, the guys that made the soundtrack are pretty damn talented at synths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ET9WGutOes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrVc3pd9PS8
>>
Now that the dust has finally had time to settle I think we can all agree that Lucas was jealous that Mike got a Superherofu and he didnt. I don't blame him.
>>
>>72089095
what
>>
>>72079840
>I looked up the Duffer Brothers because of this and sure enough those fuckers are only 32.

This, I hate shit like that. I dropped Citizen Kane when I learned Welles was in his 20s wtf
>>
>>72079840
>me it sounded so disjointed and like it was picked out by someone rifling through old best of the 80's shit
it's called neo-80s, or synthwave which is the proper name of the genre
>>
>>72089222
trips confirm

I just call it "comfy"

https://soundcloud.com/johnnyjewel/symmetry-themes-for-an
>>
>>72089216
why do you care so much about how old people are, aren't they allowed to make good music?
>>
>>72089171
why didn't they just get John Carpenter to do the soundtrack, he's making music now
>>
REEE WHY COULDNT THE MONSTER BE PRACTICAL EFFECTS

it would have literally been kino

instead we got some fucking video game flower head generic monster shit
>>
>>72076868
On Episode 4, this is actually my favorite thing from Netflix so far.
>>
>>72089298
i agree, the ending scene with eleven dying would've been a great scene if it had been done with practical effects
but sadly practical effects is a lot more expensive than cgi
>>
is there a reason bullets dont kill the creatue?
>>
File: 1460200598917.png (396 KB, 603x604) Image search: [Google]
1460200598917.png
396 KB, 603x604
>>72087324
I fucking died
>>
>Feverishly marathon all 8 episodes
>Swept up in the story, living vicariously, eyes hurt
>It ends and fucking now what, my day feels empty

Anyone else know this feel right now?
>>
>>72089441
im feeling it with you brother

>itt prayer circle for season 2 and el's resurrection
>>
>>72089415
It's not bound by our dimensions laws?
Bullets don't have enough force?
It was pretty cool when El supercharged Lucas' slingshot rock
>>
>tfw barbara died because nancy was being a fucking whore
>>
>>72089471
>It's not bound by our dimensions laws?

when it's in our dimension it should be

>Bullets don't have enough force?

they seemed to be penetrating and flechets of blood/flesh coming off it with each hit but maybe

>It was pretty cool when El supercharged Lucas' slingshot rock

was fully expecting the rock to lodge in it's throat and for the creatue to choke to death
>>
File: 1452215008938.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452215008938.png
129 KB, 300x300
>it's a winona "acting" scene
>>
While the score was good, it was really, noticeably sparse. This likely helped add the dread or tension
>>
>>72089504
this. bitch, keep your pants on, you aren't even dating you anorexic bitch
>>
#BarbDeservedBetter
#JusticeForBarbara
>>
I liked how kids weren't annoying because they acted like fucking kids not like some pretentious faggots
>>
>>72089552
She was good. Wonder where/why this meme comes from. It's not easy to have to emote so intensely over an interdimensional creature stealing your child who is now speaking to you through lights.
>>
File: mfw perfect hair even in death.png (2 MB, 1678x837) Image search: [Google]
mfw perfect hair even in death.png
2 MB, 1678x837
>>
File: paper girls.jpg (403 KB, 2118x1200) Image search: [Google]
paper girls.jpg
403 KB, 2118x1200
>>72089441
>>72089462

I recommend Brian K Vaughn's current Paper Girls while you wait. Similar vibe and set up. First issue was reprinted for a dollar this week, the first trade is only ten bucks or, of course torrents.
>>
>>72089569
Barb reeked of tumblrwhale.
>>
>it's a 50 year old winona ryder continues to get type casted as a 30 something mother episode
>>
>>72089744
She's 40 something in the show and I love crazy mommy Winona.
>>
>>72089541
>was fully expecting the rock to lodge in it's throat and for the creatue to choke to death
This. Would have loved that and it would have fit perfectly with the sort of 80's horror thing.
>>
>>72089744
>>it's a 50 year old winona ryder continues to get type casted as a 30 something mother episode

Not sure how this is supposed to make sense. She's not typecast in that role. She's age appropriate.
>>
>>72089637
>THICC girl gets killed
>faggot boy gets to live
there is no justice in the world
>>
>>72089672
thanks for the tip
>>
>>72079930
Tbqh this show doesn't try to look 80s, it succeeds.

If it wasn't for image and effects quality, you could probably pass this as some forgotten mini-series from the time.
>>
whoa
>>
>>72090029
this. you could probably tell someone who didn't know any better that this was an old stephen king miniseries and they'd probably believe it.
>>
>>72090166
>>
>>72089672
yes yes well done brian well done brian
HOWEVER

does it have a qt tomboy pschic girl?
>>
>>72089603
>>72089876
The way she runs is brilliant.
>>
>>72090189
>looking watching
>>
>>72090189

Nice fake tweet you illiterate goober.
>>
>>72090274
You're doing great

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/754699429047836672
>>
>>72089672
>4 girls

so they are doing a ghosbusters of stranger things already?
>>
>>72090308

Whelp, time for him to join Terry Pratchett in the old folk's home.
>>
File: Mac from Paper Girls.png (713 KB, 719x800) Image search: [Google]
Mac from Paper Girls.png
713 KB, 719x800
>>72090192
qt tomboy yes, not psychic as of yet though

Just captures the Amblin-like suburban 80s kids faced with the alien/extraordinary/supernatural similarly well
>>
>>72090345
Terry Pratcher is dead you fucking jackass.
>>
>>72084571
aw man
I want to be a kid again
>>
Eleven is cute

>Mouth Breather
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.