[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FLASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
I don't buy that Jay Garrick was Zoom all along, feels a lot like a last minute change because something didn't work out.

Also I don't know why I'd expect a cohesive resolution for a CW show.
>>
>>70080933
^^^^^ agreed

Feels like a total last minute change, I think the season was extremely solid except the whole Zoom identity thing
>>
>>70080957
Or that they had some elaborate plot wherein Zoom is future Jay affected by velocity 9 and the man in the iron mask is even more future Jay who has recovered and was trying to stop his past self

They went to the effort showing that velocity 9 has the effect of driving someone insane and eventually turns their lightning blue

all I can imagine was they said that's way too complicated or we don't have enough time or money for that

also why does zooms suit look like the flashs suit if they've never interacted

what a mess
>>
>>70080933
Did you not watch the rest of the season or something? There was no jay garrick on earth 2. He just copied the identity of Jay garrick on earth 3 for Earth 2 to be part of his plan. Which wasn't a very smart plan to begin with. I'm just glad we got the whole Flashpoint ending because that means more reverse flash and changes are coming which means the show will be good again.
>>
>>70081731
Did no one question that the flash of earth 2 looks identical to a widely publicized serial killer that was recently put in prison
>>
>>70082900
No, because Hunter lied about being Earth-2 Flash, he was always only Zoom and appeared masked.
>>
>>70080933
Same with Laurel's death? Barry had his powers back in Arrow before he even got them back in Flash, made no sense, also seemed rushed, whe fuck happened this season with both shows?
>>
>>70080933
>>70080957
If you believe the interview that Zoom gave to Kevin Smith on his little youtube channel, it was the plan from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqXZWZDnbEo
>>
>>70083155
mmm no? Wells recognizes Jay Garrick as a hero, and in the last episode Zoom tells Barry that he tried to be a hero but got bored
>>
>>70083155
>>70083268
when wells was demonstrating the meta detection watch earth 2 flash appears and gives him a telling off, everyone knows and enjoys flash on earth 2
>>
Hunter pretended to be earth 2's flash to inspire hope in people so he could take it away as Zoom.
>>
>>70084254
whenwillthismemeend.png

you do realise everyone on reddit is creaming themselves over how good the last half of the season was. Complaining about it is not very reddit to be honest family.

also fuck off newfag
>>
File: the-black-flash-600x317.png (190 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
the-black-flash-600x317.png
190 KB, 600x317
>obtain good life
>acquire friends who would do anything to save your life and get your powers back
>have qt science gf
>fucks them all over anyway and gets one of the worst ends possible for a built speester chad
What the FUCK was his problem
>>
>>70084382
he's insane
>>
>>70084382

>muh daddy
>muh mommy
>>
>>70084382
exactly, I feel like that Jay Garrick was meant to be genuine but his quest to get his powers back via velocity 9 would eventually turn him evil, then some time travel fuckery
>>
File: jq-crime.jpg (46 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
jq-crime.jpg
46 KB, 419x600
>>70084382
Was this supposed to be an homage to Johnny Quick?
>>
>>70084520

>filename literally says black flash

Hmmmmm
>>
>>70084596
but thats not wally west?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x320
>>70084520
Nah, probably more of a reference to the Black Flash
>>
>>70084636

Ayyyyyyyy...speaking of, he improved a lot as the series went on.
>>
>>70084686
He was insufferable as the rebellious brat, I thought possibly his earth 2 doppelganger might have been Zoom - doing the whole my mommy and daddy are dead but with no foster family to raise him instead of jay garrick
>>
>>70084780
Wonder when he'll be the Kid Flash officially.
Been waiting long as fuck. Kinda hoped they'd hint at it in the finale but they never did
>>
So what the fuck, is the next series gonna be Flashpoint? The implication seems to be that it's gonna be flashpoint. How the fuck is that gonna work without Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or Aquaman?
>>
>>70085407

it will be just like when he changed the past to go see Eobard Wells, there will not so subtle changes to the timeline like how Pied Piper was a good guy.
>>
>>70085407
they'll have arrow and firestorm, that's the best you can hope for
>>
File: 1464150947509.png (56 KB, 742x770) Image search: [Google]
1464150947509.png
56 KB, 742x770
>>70085465
>pied piper comes back as a friend to the star labs crew.
>never shows up again
>Only mentioned by name

Also, did anybody else notice that the time wraiths all wear cowls like the flash?
>>
>>70084596
>>70084663
I know that, I really meant that about how his mask is opened up. It kind of looks like E3 Johnny.
>>
File: Flash s02e22 shut up laurel.webm (3 MB, 900x502) Image search: [Google]
Flash s02e22 shut up laurel.webm
3 MB, 900x502
>>70085324

I hope they give him John Fox's outfit cuz fuck John Fox
>>
File: image.jpg (242 KB, 575x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242 KB, 575x873
>>70086539
He'll probably get his silver costume that the black wally gets in the comics
>>
File: oliver-queen-and-barry-allen.jpg (139 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
oliver-queen-and-barry-allen.jpg
139 KB, 620x420
>Barry rushes to Oliver's side after one of the most important people in his life was murdered

>Oliver doesn't even bother showing up to give support to Barry after his father was just murdered.
>>
>>70086734
Tbf, Barry kinda knew Black Canary, but Oliver didn't know Barry's dad
>>
>>70086734

I bet Guggenheim would've sent Felicity anyway.
>>
>>70083268
>Zoom tells Barry that he tried to be a hero but got bored

That's not really accurate. He wanted to be a hero to give Earth 2 hope before taking it away.
>>
As much as it's fun to think the ending will change the status quo...maybe not. Season 1's finale, of Flash going into the breach felt similarly, like holy shit, where even is he, what's gonna happen!? Then 2 opened and- oh, yea, well Firestorm died in there Barry's fine nbd.

I'd like it to have enormous ramifications, that'd be fun, but i'm worried they'll just set everything back to normal too soon.
>>
>>70086654

That's from some alt future, but yeah that'd be nice, if it happens.

I think at this point they've looked over at Arrow and all these samey types fighting together and realized the Flash works better when he's the only speedster, might be an episode where he gets to sub in obviously.
>>
>>70086879
>Season 1's finale, of Flash going into the breach felt similarly, like holy shit, where even is he, what's gonna happen!?

More like FUCK YOU, A CLIFFHANGER?!?!
>>
File: 5121226-wally+west.jpg (30 KB, 305x472) Image search: [Google]
5121226-wally+west.jpg
30 KB, 305x472
>>70086654
I'd much prefer the Rebirth suit

So, speedster count
-Barry
-E3 Papa Flash
-Wally (likely)
-Jesse (likely)

At least one of them has to be on next season's LoT, right?
>>
>>70084382
Okay so seeing as Zoloman was taken by Time Wraiths (and seemingly became Black Flash) does that mean this still occurred outside the timeline Barry changed?
>>
>>70087092
Yes, I'd think so. Speed Force supersedes such trivialities as time travel.
>>
>>70086734
Probably for the better. Stephen Amell is a mediocre as fuck actor, the less of him the better. Especially his character post-S2.
>>
>>70086734
>Barry rushes to Oliver's side after one of the most important people in his life was murdered
>When he's powerless
Ok...how?
>>
>>70087354
its before
>>
>>70081731
To clarify...Zoom went to Earth-3 and took out Garrick-in-the-Iron-Mask, then went to Earth-2 saying he was Jay Garrick from Earth-3 at which point antics ensue?
>>
>>70087535
Essentially yeah
>>
>>70081127
they look like the same flash suits because Zoom is literally the Flash of Earth 2 and which was why Earth 3 Jay Garrick also had quite the similar suit as well
>>
>>70087821
No, the suit looks the same because Hunter (of earth 2) kidnapped Jay of earth 3 and 'stole' his persona. They mention it in the episode. He took his colour scheme and costume so he could pretend to be the flash
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.