[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleeping in Airports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 14sleep-600.jpg (59 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
14sleep-600.jpg
59 KB, 600x373
I'm sure I'm not the only one here to try this. I'm taking a train to Chicago which arrives at 4pm. I will do a few hours of sightseeing and then around midnight head up to O'Hare and sleep there until my flight at around 7am. First is it possible to go through security at around midnight or 1am at O'Hare? And will they give me shit for sleeping there for a few hours? Also I hear the L is fairly unsafe to ride during the night in Chicago. Is riding the ohare branch of the blue line unsafe during this time as well? Thanks.
>>
>>1093694
>First is it possible to go through security at around midnight or 1am at O'Hare? And will they give me shit for sleeping there for a few hours?
Certainly possible to go through security at that time of night in general, but airlines don't always let you check in for flights that far in advance. If you've already got a boarding pass, I don't think it would be a problem. But your gate probably won't have been assigned yet, etc. Worst case scenario, you have to camp somewhere outside the security area.

As for the sleeping a few hours, I've never done it in O'Hare, but have done it elsewhere with no problems. Hardest part is usually finding someplace to sleep that doesn't hurt. Check out the sleeping in airports website for advice.

Can't help with the L questions; I've been on the L pretty late at night and nothing bad happened to me. But I don't know Chicago all that well.
>>
>>1093696
If I get a mobile boarding pass emailed to me do I have to check in?
>>
>>1093702
If you have a boarding pass, you are checked in. But I have been in airports that don't let passengers in to the secured area before gates have been assigned--most recently, I showed up at LaGuardia with a boarding pass at 2AM or so for a flight that was supposed to leave at 6 something. They made me wait outside of security until four.
>>
Watch out OP, the Security check IS closed sometime in the night until 4am in the morning.
I don't recall when they close, but better check it before you're sitting in front of closed doors.

At least in the summer the O'Hare is super cold at night because they don't properly regulate the AC
>>
the blue line will be fine
>>
>>1093793
You would imagine the second busiest airport in the U.S. would have 24hr security. How is Baltimore/Washington Int (BWI)?
>>
>>1093810
Fuck looks like terminal 3 security doesn't start till around 4am. Can I wait it out in the pre-security area?
>>
Try to find a carpeted area and sleep under your jacket. Fucking difficult task, especially if its during the day. Try and bring some valium or something if possible. Did this a few weeks ago in KLIA2, its not that bad desu
>>
>>1093694
The Northwest of Chicago is generally safe and that end of the L is safe all the way into the loop. Now if you said Midway, thats a different story. Theres a hostel in Wicker Park, by Damen Station I used a few weeks ago called Urban Holiday Lofts. About a 20 minute (safe) ride on the L from OHare.

Only airport I've slept in was Flughafen Munchen after I totally screwed my timetable during Oktoberfest, so finding a place to stay at midnight that was affordable was impossible (I had just returned a rental car late and missed my train, thats why I was at the airport). It sucked, but there were other people doing it. Was just worried about my shit getting stolen. One of the cleaning guys made me move once too.
>>
>>1093826
KLIA2 always has people sleeping fucking everywhere
>>
>>1093887
Doesn't matter how many Prada shops you jam in an airport, your third world nature will be displayed as long as you import your labour force from Bangladesh
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.