[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling across Georgia in two weeks. Anybody know of any good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (15 KB, 606x245) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 606x245
Traveling across Georgia in two weeks. Anybody know of any good destinations? Any hole in the wall restaurants that are noteworthy? Any beautiful views/trails/hikes etc?

Georgia Thread
>>
It really depends on where "across Georgia" takes you. but here are some good restaurants.
Dillard House in Dillard
Downda Earth in Helen
Lil Jakes BBQ in Wrens

Not hole in the wall places to eat that i like
Vortex in Atlanta(double or triple bypass burgers are great) They also started serving poutine but i haven't tried it yet.
Sushi Yoko/Tamato is a japanese resturant and grocery store on the north east side of atlanta.

as far as shit to do...well you can hit the southern side of the Appalachian trail for some good day hiking. Helen is beautiful too
>>
where in georgia are you going, exactly
>>
>>1062181
Tbsili mostly
>>
>>1062181
No real destination that's why I made the thread
>>
If you wind up in the Savannah area, the Crab Shack out just before you get to Tybee Island is a fun low-country boil seafood place.
>>
>>1062060
Georgia-country? If that's where your going post a follow up thread with pictures and stuff. I want to take a trip there some time.
>>
South Georgia is nice, if you are into penguins and seals, but it's a little hard to get to.
>>
>>1062191
I will for sure

>>1062188
>>1062085
Thanks a lot for these
>>
If it's still open, Racha in Tblisi had amazing local food at local prices. You can Google it..

I spent some time in the Tusheti region in the north east. Beautiful landscapes sprinkled with old watch towers and churches. Probably cold as tits now so I can't really recommend it.
>>
>>1062085
>>1062207
np. oh yeah also in Savannah, The Distilery. AMAZING hog hammers.
>>
>>1062188
>the Crab Shack
I came here to say this.

Also if you're in Atlanta on a Friday, go to the Plaza Theatre for their Rocky Horror Picture Show shadowcast.
http://plazaatlanta.com/
>>
>>1062188
As someone that just moved to Savannah, thanks for the rec.
>>
>>1062060

See
>>1061928
>>1061930
for a couple good Georgia places

>tfw people want to visit my state
Where are you from, OP?
>>
>>1062243
Nah man I'm from Georgia myself, grew up in Glynn county. I've just never really expired the state
>>
Make sure to visit Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, one of the prettiest churches in all Georgia
>>
>>1062250
Yeah I'm trying to explore more of GA as well. Growing up in Peachtree City is like growing up in a bubble.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.