[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Repetitive threads you hate on /trv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Despair code.jpg (32 KB, 542x414) Image search: [Google]
Despair code.jpg
32 KB, 542x414
I'll start

>What's a job that will let me travel for free
>how can I get laid in SEA
>Toronto threads
>What are some non-touristy things I can do in Paris
>I have 6 weeks off for a USA road trip. Plan my route for me
>>
>>I have a budget of US$X, where should I go /trv/?
No interests, no country of origin, no time frame, no nothing
>>I have 1 month off, where should I go /trv/?
No interests, no country of origin, no budget, no nothing
>>I'm from X, where should I spend my vacation /trv/?
No interests, no budget, no time frame, no nothing
>>General language thread
>>What should I do in <random Japanese city>?
Go to the fucking Japan general!
And most obviously
>>I'm a girl and <loads of crap>
It's a troll but who cares?
>>
>>1135926
first time on trv and im just looking for a thread answering the Paris question, none found.

care to give me an answer?
>>
>>1135944
such a bad trolling attempt, it made me both weep and use the word weep.
>>
>>1135926
>Toronto vs Montreal shit flinging threads
>>
>I just want to drop everything and run away
>I'm going to write a book about my hobo journeys and sell a million copies
>Im an artist, writer, and photographer, basically doing this hobo thing because I'm better than you
>Where's a good place to run away to and be homeless?
>I think I'm little orphan Annie but really I'm just a selfish cunt
>>
>How do i get asian poon?
>I'm a tall handsome white male(trust me guys) how can I get laid in X?

I hate the guys that bitch about their ESL teaching lifestyle. They obviously didn't do any fucking research before pulling the trigger.

Also people with no interest in teaching that come for an escape route and ruin the view of westerners with their shit performance.

There's so many clear red flags to spot when selecting a job contract but people just blindly choose and the bitch later.
>Fuckkkk Japan/China/Korea sucks, my boss has me work extra for no money
Out of all the good jobs out there you choose the first one that you see and see the repercussions. It isn't a unique Asian situation, it's your own retardation.

Idk /trv/ i used ESL overseas to kickstart my teaching career and gain some independence. Maybe I'm too critical.
>>
File: 1426048179642.png (279 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1426048179642.png
279 KB, 900x900
>I'm in X/going to X, tell me what I should do
>>
>>1135944
Define what non-touristy means. You won't find many tourists in the local suburban supermarket but is that what you traveled to Paris for?
>>
>>1135980
How did you use ESL overseason to kickstart your teaching career? I want to do the same.
>>
>>1135985
Are you trying to teach at an international school? That's my goal.

They usually require 2 years overseas teaching exp, teaching licence, masters degree.

What I'd recommend is finding an ESL job that isn't just a babysitting service. I know China and Korea has a lot of the kindergarten jobs, those are usually the ones people bitch about. Find one where you're actually working with older students in a classroom.

Finding a boss that is a teacher and not just a director helped me. I work amd discuss with him how to improve, trying out new things, etc. I'm 23 so I'm no expert by any means.

I'm currently in Korea and I'm planning on using the money I saved to pay for a Masters in Education and then teach at a cushy international school.
>>
>I have no working experience and no money. Tell me how I can emigrate to first-world country X.
>I can't afford a plane ticket. Tell me how I can ride on a container ship for free.
>>
>>1136004
>Tell me how I can ride on a container ship for free.

Grrrr. This one really rustles my jimmies.

Similarly, threads about train hopping by 12 year olds who just discovered Steinbeck and Kerouac. This isn't 1930s Depression era America anymore. Hopping a box car drawn by a slow moving steam engine is a different beast to hopping a modern train.
>>
>Plan my trip for me
>how do I got laid

I'm not sure which I hate more.
>>
>toronto threads
I laughed, but it's true, what an irrelevant city.
>>
File: IMG_20160511_192042.jpg (230 KB, 1012x1012) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160511_192042.jpg
230 KB, 1012x1012
>Hi! I'm from the LA area or some boring flyover Midwest state and I'm thinking of moving to the PNW. What can I expect? :DD

Please for the love of god, we are full, we've been full. I'm done being polite. There always seem to be 3+ threads on the subject at any given time.
>>
>>1136130
The people that bitch the loudest about people moving to the pacfific northwest, which is really code for Seattle or Portland, are people who moved there within the past 10 years.
>>
>>1136134

It's not. I've been a lifelong resident of Portland. Everyone bitches about it, recently transplants and people who have lived there their whole lives. Rents are going to be San Francisco teir in a couple years.
>>
>>1136130
>PNW
Papua New Guinea?
>>
>>1135980
This very post encompasses sll the narrowmindedness and ignorance of /trv/

It would take me a dozen posts to unravel this clusterfuck of stupidity and frankly i just dont feel like it.

People this fucking dumb need tocbe banned. Or executed
>>
To be fair the 'how do i get laid' posts probably recognize culture differences and sre asking for the proper channels.
In the west you can walk up and talk to a girl anywhere, but in japan for instance you cant do that.
If you just always assume everyone is an idiot, YOU become the idiot
>>
>>1136114
Montreal is so much better, right?
>>
>>1135926
>>1135932
>>1135975
>>1135980
>>1135981
>>1136004
this list needs to be put in one post and stickied
>>
>>1136420
Yes except for
>>>1135980
because 1. Its already in the sticky
2. He's a damn moron
>>
>>1136454
I don't follow
>>
>>1136420
To be fair this isn't even a bad idea, probably 75% of threads on /trv/ are made by non-regulars who don't understand how over-asked and dumb their questions are. Many of them could be avoided if we just had an FAQ in the sticky, and those that do get made can just be pointed there.
>>
>>1136297
You okay guy?
>>
>>1136288
Pacific Northwest
>>
>>1135926
Thread you don't like? Hide it and move on.

If it's on-topic, "stop liking what I do not Iike" threads about it, like this one, are a waste of time. Think I'll hide it and move on.
>>
File: nig.jpg (149 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
149 KB, 620x400
>>1136508
>Hmmm yes I'll move from this repetitive Toronto thread to...one of the other 20 Toronto threads clogging up the catalog.
>>
>>1136508
Keep just hiding shit threads and after a while you'll discover you have the full catalog filtered. Pretending things don't exist just leads to them multiplying in peace.
>>
The entire japan general should be banned.

It's such a useless repetitive shitshow. Every single time.
>>
>>1136525
You could change "japan" to any single word and the sentence would still be true
>>
>>1136525
The japan general is necessary for containment purposes, like most generals. Someone should make an FAQ for it though, to mitigate some of that.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 208x242) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 208x242
>>1135926
>How I get laid in SEA
Just search for walking street on youtube then go to phuket and relive that exact scenario. I mean, to each their own, but going to SEA to get laid? Gorgeous women will date cave trolls,

>>1136297
pic related
>>
>>1136577
Walking street is in Pattaya
>>
>wat do in Amsterdam guise
>>
>>1136508
>Hide it and move on.
Yeah I sure do love an empty catalog.
>>
>>1136420
That would be a good idea if people actually read the sticky.
Because they don't.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.