[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 days trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: wood-pigeon.jpg (125 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
wood-pigeon.jpg
125 KB, 1440x900
Hi /trv/

So I will have a small 4 days vacation in April. I'd like to go somewhere in Europe.
I am not a partygoer, I never hang out at night so I don't care about nightlife. I mostly want to visit for history and museums. I also like nature (especially birdwatching) but I don't think 4 days are enough.
I was thinking about Stockholm or Helsinki, but I wonder if it's the best to keep these two once I have enough time so I can drive around?

What's the best place to go for 4 days?

I will exclude these European cities because I went there less than a year ago:
- London
- Copenhagen
- Budapest
- Vienna
- Bratislava
- Brussels
- Berlin
- Paris

Thanks to y'all.
>>
April is a good period to visit the Netherlands, 4 days you can do lots of things.

or south of France (camargue) it's located near Provence, go there, rent a car and profit.
>>
>>1097396
Well noted. Is there any worthy day trip to do from Amsterdam?
>>
>>1097405
any town can be reached less than 1 hr by train.
Utrech, Leiden, Den Haag, Haarlem, Rotterdam, etc
>>
go to Rome or Venice or Naples
>>
>>1097415
Alright great. Pretty interesting. I will discuss about it.

>>1097446
My partner went there last year. But why not.
>>
Small bump. Any other suggestion?
>>
Well, I currently live in, and am a big fan of Germany. 4 days isnt much time, so you would want to spend it in 2 cities max and cut down on travel.
As for birdwatching in April, im not too sure you will be able to get your money worth.
Anyway, Heidelberg I always swear by. Beautiful city, castle, nature and trails surrounding the river that passes through the town. Lots of history. From there, you can also visit Freiburg (about 2 hrs away by bus) also very midieval and has a great old town.
Outside of Germany, I loved Prague. Amazing history and architecture. And if you have the money to blow, Switzerland is always nice. Interlaken and Lucerne. The train between them is amazing.
Imo, if you choose Amsterdam, its not worth spending more than a day there. Very dirty and full of tourists doing drugs.
Hope it helps!
>>
>>1098027
Thanks a lot! I've never thought about Heidelberg. Will definitely put in my list. How's the weather in mid-April by the way?
I've also considered Prague. It seems lovely. Thanks again!
>>
>>1098066
For Prague, just take a look at my thread (>>1092493). I'm also going to go to Prague in April for four days and the anons there think 4 days are perfect for this lovely city.
>>
>>1097371
You snuck into Vienna and Budapest but didn't see Prague? It'd be a perfect museum city, as well as nature. Nightlife is overrated but easy to walk and enjoy just the same. I agree that your Stockholm might require a driving and longer trip. I'd also suggest you can a fun 4 days in Rome or Florence, shouldn't be too hot yet.
>>
>>1097371
Make sure to check out Linz and Salzburg if you happen to be close to them. South of Salzburg is the village of Werfen which has the world's largest ice cave. It's pretty cool, no gear is required.

http://www.eisriesenwelt.at/en/home.html

The cave reopens on 30th.
Aside from that, you could also visit Bremen/Bremerhaven. The latter has the only Type XXI U-boat available to general public.
>>
>>1098095
Prague is an excellent choice. Dunno why, but it felt similar to Budapest specifically, except better.
>>
>>1098077
Awesome. I will discuss with my partner.

>>1098095
Well, we wanted to go to Prague but the hotels that interested us were absolutely full. So this time might be our chance!

>>1098123
I think it will be too late but that's a good idea for another time. Thanks.

>>1098124
Awesome because I loved Budapest! I also liked Vienna but for different reasons.
>>
>>1098318
If you liked Vienna and Budapest you will definately love Prague, enough to do and see in 4 days I would say
>>
>>1098353
Great! Thanks for the input.
Final cut will be between Prague and somewhere warn like Portugal.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.