[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Toronto (from New York) for 3 days in the beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
File: toronto.jpg (146 KB, 980x493) Image search: [Google]
toronto.jpg
146 KB, 980x493
Going to Toronto (from New York) for 3 days in the beginning of April since I'm bored, have never been there, and have a few days off. Hockey Hall of Fame and a Laffs game are guaranteed, but looking for a few more suggestions of things not to miss. Blue Jays are away the days I'm there, is the CN Tower cool or just tourist bait? Aquarium?
>>
File: IMG_7420.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7420.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
depends what you're into man

been there recently, many people say the CN tower is overrated but I had fun, pic related - you get a birds eye view of the blue jays stadium and stuff

also another good thing to do is to rent a bike and go to the Toronto island for the day, it's great, I'll post a shit photo of what it looks like on the way back, looks really good if you can time it right and get the ferry home as the sun sets
>>
>>
>>1092420
>>1092418

Oh damn, looks nice. I'll look into that. Pretty much looking for anything I can't do it NYC.
>>
>>1092425
As a New Yorker who spent 6 months living in Toronto, go to Montreal instead.
>>
Toronto has a diverse culture, which means a lot of cultural foods.

I recommend hitting up Bloor off of Bathurst St, and grab whatever food you're into, whether it's Japanese curry, tonkatsu, or jerk chicken
>>
File: IMG-20150522-WA0070.jpg (98 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150522-WA0070.jpg
98 KB, 852x640
>>1092412
Like this guy said OP >>1092418

Go to waterfront (hire a bike or use a car if you bring yours) and you get nice views of Toronto (pic related).

I had fun at the CN tower, the glass floor is really cool imo, maybe not if you don't like heights though.

Also summoning Montreal anon.
>>
>>1092420
Did you take this pic? Its a great shot
>>
>>1092605

I hate French Canadians. Also, a buddy who was just said there said it was a smaller version of a city I have near me with nothing but bars and strip clubs. Also, only going for 3 days so not like I'm going to get sick of it.

>>1092608

Thanks I'll check it out
>>
>>1092621
my mate who I went with actually, nicked it from his facebook
>>
>>1092688
I-I h-hate you too
>>
>>1092745

Sorry guy, I generalize groups of people. You're ok though, don't go to the Bell Centre tomorrow.
>>
>>1092688
>smaller version of a city I have near me
What city would that be?

You said you're looking for anything you can't do in NYC and there's literally nothing unique about Toronto.
>>
Are there any bars in Toronto where travellers hang out or go? Local here fucking dying to hang out with international people as none of my friends travel
>>
>>1093669

>there's literally nothing unique about Toronto

shoe museum?
>>
>>1093669

White Plains.

I'm a 15 minute train outside of NYC and I understand that you can pretty much do anything there but didn't know if Toronto had anything special.
>>
>>1093824
Zoo,
Black Creek Pioneer village
Casa Loma
Ontario Science center
Royal Ontario Museum
>>
>>1092412
If you like shit tier cities, cold feminist women, awful restaurants, and people who can only talk about home ownership then Toronto's the place for you.
>>
>>1094352
The zoo in April? Are you fucking shitting me? Yeah, hope you like being rained on in barely above freezing temps.

Casa loma I believe was sold and not doing tours anymore.

Rom is ok if you've never been to a real museum before.

>pioneer village
Kek.
>>
>>1094358
rom isn't bad
> real museum
Ive been to the greats - ROM is no MET...
>>
>>1094339
How can anyone seriously think Montreal is a smaller version of White Plains?
>>
>>1094380

Ah meant to write a bigger version of.

So from the looks of it, Toronto is a terrible city and it's a good thing I'm only going for 3 days.
>>
>>1093822
There are lots of bars and clubs. The hipster crowds are around Queen West and dufferin, The more Ritzy restaurants/bars and clubs are around king St and Front, Queen East is also pretty nice (we call it the beaches) But it's a bit far by public tranist. Stay away from Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York. There are no reasons to go there (except scarborough bluffs which is a nice nature thing). Yonge street is very touristy Church is our Gaybourhood
>>
>>1093822
If you like music there is also a good chance someone you like could be playing. We get lots of artists.
>>
>>1092412
Torontonian here

Hickey Hall of Fame is overrated, as is the CN Tower, where you wait for an hour in a line just to go to a rotating restaurant.

TD Centre at 66 Wellington Street and the Manlike Centre at 55 Bloor West both have observation decks and restaurants where you can get a great view of the city, plus they are much cheaper and don't have massive lines.

Royal Ontario Museum is really cool, and if you are into art, I suggest the AGO.

Casa Loma, distillery district, Ripley's Aquarium, Queen's Park, City Hall, Science Center, and the Aga Khan Museum are also really cool to visit. But ultimately, it really depends on what you are looking for.

Also this>>1092608
Toronto is well known for multiculturalism and one of the blessings of that is the immense amount of ethnic food. If you are one of the 20% of New Yorkers who are Jewish, there are tons of great Kosher restaurants on Bathurst Street north of Eglinton. If you don't care for that then basically listen to >>1094390 as there is no reason to go to these areas otherwise.

Kensington Market, Chinatown, Little Italy, etc are all cool districts too with good restaurants.
>>
File: 22069527169_febc0cf846_h.jpg (569 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
22069527169_febc0cf846_h.jpg
569 KB, 1600x1060
Torontofag here, anything more specific you want to see or do besides sports and the CN Tower? (and if you are going to see sports, at least go to a Raptors game instead of the fucking Leafs)

Toronto is good for all sorts of weird esoteric things and general urban vibe, and has a plethora of great dining/nightlife/shopping/cultural stuff, but is pretty lacking in big, extravagant tourist destinations for the common rabble, which is why you're getting shit suggestions like Pioneer Village and the Zoo. Don't go to those. Unless you're REALLY into pioneers and animals.
>>
>>1092412
Yorkville is where the very rich live/shop/eat.

as far as bars go. If you are College age or want a crowd in their early 20s check out the Maddy (madison ave Pub) It's a victorian mansion turned into a happening bar.

Track and Field is a bar that has bocce, shuffle board, ping pong.

also there are a few Axe throwing places that don't sell alcohol but allow you to bring your own and throw axes.
>>
>>1094407

Haha ok thanks. Besides sports, just anything interesting. Architecture, monuments, non-hipster breweries.

>>1094402

Unfortunately the Hall of Fame is my main reason for going. I've always wanted to see it and since I'm only an hour and a half flight away I figured why not, so hopefully it's not disappointing to me. Not Jewish but sad to hear that because of the multiculturalism that there is nothing that makes the food scene unique. The "little bit of everything" method is played out for me.

So I guess I'm doing Hall of Fame, Leafs game, the Toronto Islands, Ripley's Aquarium, and Casa Loma. Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>1094438
The Islands Might suck in April. the Summer there is nice. Maybe you will get lucky with the weather. There is Steam whistle brewery right outside of the Rogers Centre. They give free samples and have tours. It's an old train station converted into a brewery. If you are going to the Leaf game you will be pretty close to it as ACC and Rogers Center are a short walk away. The lake in general is pretty nice. Near the Harbour front center there is another brewery and bar and sometimes have live events going on.

Smokey's Poutine is amazing. A lot of American's have never heard of poutine for some reason, though you may have, being from the north and all. There are a few different selections of fries gravy cheese and meat. big portions too. Highly recommended. Our strip clubs are fully nude here and in general much better than i have seen in the states. Toronto has quite a few selections.
>>
>>1094438
Old City Hall is a really nice victorian building, across the street is new city hall which you will recognize from the movie resident evil. It was umbrella corps headquarters. the Rom, OCAD building, CN Tower, Casa Loma, University of Toronto Campus has many nice old buildings and is centrally located. If you are there you might as well walk through Queens Park (which doesn't really have anything) but Ontario's parliament building on its north side.

Kensington Market is also worth checking out It has lots of delicious food (I'd recommend Empanadas). it also has lots of good gift ideas. And has a few good bars and a vapour lounge (bring your own weed). There are a few of em around the city another good one is on vapour Lounge at Yonge and Charles.
>>
File: dicks.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dicks.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>1094438
For breweries, aside from the aforementioned Steamwhistle Brewery, I'd recommend the Amsterdam Brewer, Mill Street, and Mascot Breweries. And while pretty "hipster", don't let that dissuade you from Bellwoods Brewery, which has been ranked amongst the best breweries in the world. Also worth mentioning is Bar Volo for an amazing beer selection (and surprisingly non-hipster atmosphere). I can recommend plenty more good places to drink if you'd like.

http://steamwhistle.ca/tour/tourInfo.php
http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/amsterdam-brewhouse-toronto
http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/mill-street-beer-hall-toronto
http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/bellwoods-brewery-toronto
http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/mascot-brewery-toronto
http://www.barvolo.com/

As for food, plenty of uniquely local places. All that multiculturalism just adds to the influences. Without breaking the bank, look no further than Bar Raval, Oddseoul, Patois, Dailo, La Carnita, Hanmoto, Black Hoof, Porchetta & Co, Bar Isabel, 416 Snack Bar, Pizzeria Libretto, Kanpai, Rhum Corner, R&D, etc. These might be a bit 2 hip for u though.

Anyway, here's a handy lil map of some of the areas worth seeing for a first-time visitor.
>>
Dakota Tavern, is a pretty cool saloon bar with a country feel. It almost always have live music going on. The atmosphere depends on whats playing. There are lots of other bars in the neighbourhood.

The Horseshoe Tavern is a famous hole in the wall with an area in the back for concerts. some pretty big names have played here. Next door is the Rivoli. this is a nice pool hall upstairs or just a bar downstairs. Down the street is The Rex Hotel this is a pretty nice Jazz bar. Always has some kind of live jazz or blues going on. If you want to predrink before the Leaf game there is the Loose Moose on University, or even better the massive Sports Bar right next to the ACC called the Real Sports Bar and grill. It's very big and impressive looking as well as busy and expensive.
>>
In general drinking in Canada is way more expensive than in the states. So when possible hit up an LCBO, beer store, or Wine Rack to buy your alcohol cheaper outside of restaurants. and keep in mind out subway system is complete shit compared to the rest of the world. It closes shortly after 1:30 am (though some buses and street car lines remain open 24/7) So be prepared to walk cab or Uber.

Also where are you staying? have you decided yet?
>>
>>1094474

Grand Hotel and Suites. They had a package deal with the flight so ended up paying $380 for 2 nights and a round trip flight. Because of how short my trip is and the fact that I'm going alone I probably won't buy anything except for maybe a six-pack for my room. Figured I'd be making out alright with the current exchange rate.

>>1094470

Thanks for the list, appreciate it. Bellwoods and Amsterdam are looking to be the best for me along with Bar Volo.

>>1094443

Yeah hopefully I get lucky with the weather, anything 50's (farenheit) and up I'm happy with. Looking forward to poutine again, I've had it once when I went to Calgary a few years ago and obviously loved it.

>>1094473

Dakota Tavern is looking really fun. Looked up the bands playing the nights I'm there and it should be a good spot after I leave the Leafs game. Rex Hotel looks really cool as well.
>>
>>1094503
You are in luck. There is a Smokes right beside your hotel. and ya all that should keep you busy for three days. The downtown core is pretty small. Most things are within a 30-45 min walking distance. So have fun
>>
>>1094503
Also that area (Jarvis street) and the east end in general is a little bt ghetto. Toronto is generally very safe. NYC is way more dangerous I'm sure But watch your back anyways.
>>
>>1094516

6' 2" 220 /fit/ so I should be ok, but I know what you mean. Thanks. NYC crime is overrated, so many Europeans think there are just random muggings all day every day, it's all the god damn Spider-Men and Micky Mouse costumed guys that you gotta worry about.
>>
>>1094516

And jesus I just decided to google map it instead of looking at the hotel website and fuck I now see what you mean. Who the fuck puts a hotel there.
>>
>>1094390
Thanks for the reply but I'm from Toronto. I was hoping to find a bar that other travellers usually go to. Only thing I can think about is the Amsterdam brew house because it's on harbourfront and I'm sure guides talk about it
>>
>>1092608
>>1094390
>>1094393
>>1094407
>>1094470
>>1094473

As these guys have made clear, Toronto is full of smug braggarts who think they are this special snowflake world class multicultural supercity. They are deluded by constant "we're the best" propaganda and have their heads so far up their own asses that they can't see that it's an already dull city made even more dull by gentrification and no-fun-allowed bylaws.

On behalf of the rest of Canada, we apologize for Toronto. The rest of Canada is far, far nicer, prettier, and friendlier.

If geography would allow it, we'd gladly give it over to the States.

T. Ex Torontonian (moved to the far far superior Niagara region)

>>1094355 sums it up beautifully.
>>
>>1094599
>Niagara.
>Superior region
>lmao

I'm originally from Toronto and have done my best to not live there for the past 4 years. I hate living here(finally back, unfortunately), but love showing to other people and you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't admit it was a world class multicultural supercity.

In terms of ethnic variety, it's up there (if not the most). One of the things I missed about this shit city is riding the TTC and hearing like 15 different languages. As someone who travels for a lifestyle, that's cool as shit. All my co-workers are from different countries and having lived in places that were supposed to be "immigrant-friendly", "multicultural", etc. I can say that it's a place where an immigrant can make it and still be called "Canadian" at the end of the day. How the fuck does that not make it a "world class multicultural supercity"

Lol also this isn't a feminist city - you guys are nuts. Have you even Sweden before? I have and this is definitely not anywhere close to that.
>>
>>1094503
Dangerous dans is also close to you and is a good burger joint
>>
>>1094621
fuck i wish i lived downtown m8
anyone wanna give me a job? i'm stuck in etobicoke -_-'
>>
>>1094633
what friends
what yadda yadda bullshit are you talking about?
i can get unskilled labor, and i've been doing that for a while bub :D
and yes, fishing and riding quads is incredibly lame and boring, i've done that, i'm not about that anymore, but there's no benefit to being out here in etobicoke. take a joke and make it a horrible gargle of bullshit why don't you redneck xD
>>
>>1094633
>drug addled
drugs r bd mmkay? do you like to occasionally drink? I do too, and occasionally i like to even smoke too!
>vegan
Do you think its moral to kill humans for their land or resources (re:war)? I don't, and I don't think eating animals is moral either - but i'm lazy and selfish and like to eat meat. Your ignorance is top-kek bruh - people like you don't have any justification for their anger - don't be angry.
>>
>>1094658
That's what I'm saying. Sounds like he didn't have what it took to make it in a big city and is a bit bitter about. I'm not even hating... Cities aren't for everyone but that dude is so fucking butt hurt about Toronto. The hipster vegans he talks about are in any big city
>>
>>1094599

OP here, so not much different from NYC then. I figured you would apologize for Edmonton since that is a true shithole. I still enjoy Calgary and am going to Banff in June as well. Still want to get to Vancouver eventually.
>>
>>1094763
Vancouver is beautiful. Not much to do around there but the scenery is awesome
>>
>>1094773

Yeah the scenery is what I want. Hate people and hate cities. Really looking forward to Banff and Jasper.
>>
>>1094777
>hate people
>looking forward to Banff and Jasper

lol. I hope you have a 4x4 and good outdoor equipment, because the easily accessible tourist stuff is a conga line of people

>>1094773
>Vancouver is beautiful. Not much to do around there but the scenery is awesome

Nothing to do around Vancouver for an anon interested in nature?
>>
>>1094787

:( Don't ruin it for me.
>>
if you want to go to cool bars or whatever,
-get out to sneaky dee's
-honest ed's is a giant ricketty department store that is a huge cultural landmark in toronto, and is soon going to be replaced so that might be worth an hour
-a walk down queen st. can be pretty fun
-momofuku is pretty good food
-st. lawrence market (an indoor market) is worth checking out - grab some bakery bread and fresh salmon + some fresh cream cheese and you've got an amazing sandwhich right there.

I would also say CN tower might be worth it if you dont think you'll be coming back to toronto anytime soon - you can do the optional skywalk where you actually walk on the ouside of the dome, preddy good.

the aquarium is alright, but you're probably not going to toronto for kiddy shit
>>
File: torontohomosviadayandnight.jpg (46 KB, 277x400) Image search: [Google]
torontohomosviadayandnight.jpg
46 KB, 277x400
>>1094633
>hang out with your drug addled transgender feminist fashionista vegan hipster Torontonian friends
>fishing or riding quads

The first one sounds a lot more fun desu.

Don't be mad that we're not all hosers who's greatest aspiration in life is to work in unskilled labour and go fishing on the weekends.
>>
>>1094763
Just out of interest what did you like about Calgary? Was the most dead place I have ever been. I was actually planning on emigrating to it as well, thank God I actually went on a chance visit and realisied how boring it is
>>
>>1094503
Bar Volo is a really great time
>>
>>1095906
Lol yeah... I'm gonna pass. Keep being an idiot.

I've always told people that if you can speak English, there's no reason to make less than 15 an hour in Toronto. It must infuriate you that I'm ethnic and probably make more money than you here. Hahaha
>>
>>1095177

I only went there for 3 days. Saw a couple Flames games (fan), and enjoyed the restaurants I went to. While the city itself is shitty and filled with black homeless heroin addicts, I like everything that surrounds it. The bow, all the bike trails, the proximity to the Canadian Rockies.
>>
File: schoolphoto.jpg (857 KB, 850x1493) Image search: [Google]
schoolphoto.jpg
857 KB, 850x1493
Hello /trv/

I'm going to Toronto for a few days in the summer.

Thanks to the anon who posted the breweries. I'll be checking some of those out for sure.

Plan is to stay in Parkdale because I hear it's best. Is that right?

And what are my options for hotels in that area? I want to stay somewhere good enough that I can potentially bring a girl back to it but I also don't want to be blowing $150 per night on a room if I can help it.

And what are late night taxis like in Toronto? Easy to find? Expensive?
>>
>>1096168
Just use the subway friendo
>>
>>1092688
As some one who loves in Montreal I can say this... It's a shit hole filled with rude cunts. You can see the entire city in a day and that's far longer then you need to get to know the culture and people.
>>
>>1096340
Confirming, they're only somewhat tolerable if you can actually speak french
>>
Quick tip- FUCKING VISIT CHINATOWN.
It's packed, crazy as shit but it's fun to wander in.
Tons of shit being sold in tiny stores, it's like you're visiting a giant physical Aliexpress.
>>
Going up this weekend for the Iron Maiden concert on Sunday. Nice to see there's some stuff to do to fill the rest of the trip
>>
>>1096329
Thanks bro. Good news about taxis. I hear you on the breweries. Have a similar ratio where I am. I think it's played out to hate on hipsters and they just feed on it anyway but yeah... cool breweries and hipster breweries are different things to me too. (And 75% of hipster breweries' beer isn't as good as they think it is, either.)

Already booked a hotel now. Happy with the price - mostly just cos USD is good against Canadian right now. I hear you on sealed deals but I'm not 21 any more and they expect more than a youth hostel from me.

>>1096824
I will definitely be doing this. I always visit Chinatowns in new cities to see what those crazy motherfuckers are up to, haggle over some cheap shit, watch some Mainlanders glare at Falun Gong practitioners and get me some xiao long bao.

>>1096323
I'm not your friendo, buddy.

(But yeah, I'll probably be using the subway quite a bit while I'm there)
>>
>>1096824
Any particular spots to hit up while there? Even a specific street? I'll be up there in July but I won't have much time. Similarly, I'll be dropping by the Eaton for a bit, any spots in there you really recommend?
>>
>>1097536
The biggest street is Spadina. That's where the good shit is.
>>
>>1096826
>Maiden
So jelly. I need to go see them already. God knows how much longer they'll keep going.
>>
>>1096824

OP here, I've got no desire to see another Chinatown since I'm so close to NYC. I can do without 100 identical shops that sell overpriced statues of dragons or cheap ass swords.
>>
>>1097734
Yeah, sorry. Can you tell I'm not from Toronto?
>>
>>1097656
Sorry to sound like a broken record but if you're from NYC you're not going to find anything interesting or unique about Toronto. The people are nice, that's about it. Everyone who lives there seems to think they live in the best city in the world and they love to shit on NYC but you can't even compare the two.
>>
>>1097656
Kensington Market is really cool and it's right next to Chinatown, so you should still go through. Koreatown is dope too.

Wow, there is a lot of fucking Toronto hate in this thread. I always thought it was just a stupid RL meme, but do people in the rest of Canada actually think we suck this much?

I love it here, I hope I don't come off as an asshole when I talk about Toronto
>>
>>1097919

Yeah I learned that at the beginning of this thread, but because of my short visit I feel like I will enjoy it. Tourists enjoy NYC because it is nice in small doses. I've made a nice little list of things to do so I should be happy. Leaving Tuesday morning.
>>
>>1098032
Most people who like museums like the ontario science center. I think it was one of the first in the world with all-hands-on exhibits, and continues to have great traveling exhibits. Hockey hall of fame and museum might be worth a hoot to you as well.
Being from NYC, you probably aren't jonesing for any specific ethnic or good food, so maybe find a place with a view, like Canoe, even for a drink, will be nice.
>>
>>1098046
How would you rate the Science Center to the ROM? I know they're kinda different things, but I'm more interested in the science stuff anyway. I did the ROM last summer and it was really impressive (to me at least). I loved all the dinosaurs.
>>
>>1096018
Bar Volo is a small expensive and really has nothing that sets it apart from any other bar in the city. It is pretty nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I live 2 min from it. This bar however is pretty awesome and always has sick live music http://www.orbitroom.ca/
>>
Totonto, huh?

...Have fun.
>>
>>1092418
This.
>>
>>1098075
Thanks. I only ask because some of the really big malls in the world have crazy stuff that's basically an amusement park. I've looked up the Eaton Centre a bit and it seems that it's literally just stores, like you said.

I'll give your recommendation a shot as I'll be going by Chinatown anyway.
>>
>>1098080
And after travelling the world, I appreciate it a lot more. Not even from a homesick standpoint as I still don't want to live here in the end, but you'd be lying if you said it wasn't a world-class city.

Just a good example of ymmv
>>
>>1098126
>Toronto
>world-class city

It's really just a PATHETIC knock-off of NYC.
>>
Anyone have any tips about the Rogers Centre? Going there for a show this summer. Any preferred places to get seats? Food to get or avoid? etc
>>
>>1097536
If you want an awesome butter chicken head up to Kings Palace. It's a dive but the butter chicken is dope. Also Queen St is pretty cool, Yonge street is our major touristy street but there really isnt much on it.
>>
>>1098053
Depends on the exhibits. They are showing. Science center is a little bit far out of the city while the Rom is in the heart. Check out their websites and see what you would like best.
>>
>>1098223
if you are seeing a rock show be carefull of getting tickets up high beside the stage. The speakers get in the view path. Beer is between 12-15 $ for 20 ounces or a tall boy. Snacks there are also twice as much as you would pay outside of the Rogers Center eg pizza pizza and shit
>>
>>1098264
>be carefull of getting tickets up high beside the stage.
Thanks. I think I'll probably not go with that area anyway if I can avoid it. I'd rather be straight-on to the show even if it means having to be a bit further back.
>>
31 and sunny, 38 rain/snow, and 38 rain/snow for my trip. Looks like I need to change up my order of doing things.
>>
>>1094599
>moved from toronto to niagara
>as if that's an improvement

everything south of hamilton is shit.
>>
>>1096133
>>1095177
i'm from toronto and i would say that calgary's homeless population is pretty trim compared to toronto

>>1096323
>>1097270
subway doesn't run in the AM pals
>>
Friend of mine wants to check out a restaurant in the Pacific Mall. I know it's not in Toronto proper.

What's /trv/'s opinion on the mall? Decent place? Clusterfuck? Anywhere to go to or to avoid?
>>
>>1099537
I'd only go there for the food, or maybe to crack a cell phone or something. It's interesting to see once because the layout is different than your typical mall, but cheap Asian crap gets old fast.

If it's really out of your way, then I would suggest against going to it.
>>
>>1099251
Last train leaves the end station at 2 AM . As long as you pay your tab and are out the door by 1:30 you're sweet

>>1099537
Depends how you feel about chinks. It's pretty impressive if only for its size, some of the shit you find there is priceless. You can get pretty much any electronic device cracked there and some decent, if dirty, Chinese food. If you're driving, go. You will have to deal with Asian drivers but if you take Midland right to Kingston and then take that eastbound to the Gardiner, it can be done in less than an hour

DO NOT TAKE THE BUS
DO NOT TAKE THE BUS

It'll end up being 2 and a half hours from downtown each way

>D O N O T T A K E T H E B U S .
>>
What about Uber (or Uber X, or whatever it's called in Toronto itself). Is it legit/affordable/safe? I feel like Uber varies from city to city.
>>
Bump

What bars and pubs should I go to to meet 25 to 35 year old women? I'm 31.
>>
File: 20160405_131449.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160405_131449.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
OP here, and I'm back after sitting in flight delay hell.

Managed to get a lot of stuff done in the two days that I spent there. First day walked like 4 miles to Casa Loma, very cool place loved all of the military displays on the top floor, wanted to steal so much of it. Then walked back like 5 miles to the CN Tower and the Aquarium, then finished the day at Bellwoods Brewery. Next day was the Hockey Hall of Fame, fun but I just couldn't find myself spending more than an hour there, got some Smoke's Poutine, and went to watch the Leafs get destroyed, then went over to the Dakota Tavern and caught a band that was just starting. Successful trip.

As others stated, Toronto is a smaller NYC aka a shit hole. My first day there, for all the walking I did, I didn't come across a single homeless person. My second day there was nothing but homeless people spread out across sidewalks so you couldn't even walk. So many Indians and Asians too.
>>
>>1100427
So you had fun in a shit hole? I'm not saying it's impossible to have fun in a shit hole, I'm just curious to get a clearer view on what you thought of Toronto
>>
>>1100500

I got my list of fun things done. In 2 days I saw everything I wanted to see, so anything more than that and I would have hated it.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.