[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck in Panamá City.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10
File: panama-city.jpg (691 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
panama-city.jpg
691 KB, 2816x2112
Hello /trv/
I don't know if this is the right pkace to do this. But I'm in trouble now.
>>Be me.
>>win a travel for me and my wife to Panama City.
>>everything fine and then.. she has a Thrombosis in a leg. Probably as a consequence of previous radiotherapy.
>>doctors say it will take like 20 days to be able to travel IF things go right, they could actually get worse.
>>only have 250 dollars left.
>>found shitty place to stay near hospital. But still costs 20 dollars a night.
>>have insurance for nedocal expenses thank god. But lost tickets to retur since those were part of the tour and we were supposed to return tomorrow.
Any ideas please?.
Will provide proof of this.
>>
This is an example of the room we were stayin in
>>
File: 20151201_164805.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151201_164805.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
A picture I took of the hotel we were stayin in.
>>
File: 20151205_154817.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_154817.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
The new shitty hotel after her stroke.
>>
File: 20151205_154855.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_154855.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>1057041
Another one
>>
File: 20151205_155102.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_155102.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
My new room
>>
File: 20151205_155123.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_155123.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>1057044
Another picture of my new room
>>
File: 20151205_155211.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_155211.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Thr bracelet I was wearing from my past hotel. Not like I need it anymore.
>>
File: 20151205_164834.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151205_164834.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
My new hotel keyes
>>
Did you contact the airline or the tour company then? What did they say?

Shitty situation op, i'm not sure how that works, but if you're insured then there has to be something that can be arranged
>>
>>1057037
Crappy situation -- you need to be talking to whoever you have the insurance with t the tour company, to family/friends at home. /trv/is not where you need to be right now.

Good luck.
>>
>>1057037
Didn't you post about a 4 day layover previously?

Irregardless, that's pretty shitty
>>
You could try to contact the State department and see if they can provide you any solutions
>>
>>1057148
Yes anon. I'm the same guy who won that tour. And just when I was starting to feel lucky.
>>
>>1057170
Thanks I will try something like that.
>>
>>105707I have alredy done that. Insurance is ok. Travel company told me they can't do anything but will try to help me with the airline to find tickets for the way back. I've done everything I can. I came here looking for ideas.
>>
>>1057037
Collection back at the office (ask boss for advance).
Relatives who contributed at your wedding and/or grandparents who like you and see the life/death nature of the situation at hand in a foreign country. Make sure to call it a loan.
State Dept/embassy, maybe get some ideas or a couch to stay on (keys to some expat person's condo and a promise to pay for maid service before they return). Might get some assistance for that relative to be able to drop money into an account and have it be made available to you or overnighted.
Couchsurfing
AirBNB
Is she in a hospital? Just stay in the room, because only fools let a relative be alone for even 5 minutes while in a hospital, especially overnight. Sleeping in a chair for 20 days might be okay, and you shouldn't spend money you don't have.

/trv, this is why travel insurance exists. And, why people should ideally have a good amount of savings before traveling. Shit can and does happen. I also take aspirin because seats are so damn lousy on planes since the 90s.
>>
>>1057211
Good advice. Thank you
>>
>>1057211
Unfortunately they don't let me stay with her more than half an hour a day since it's a public hospital. My father will lend me some money now. I'll try to sleep in the hospital waiting room if they let me.
>>
>>1057259
Okay, this is utter bull. You need to act like your spouse is crazy fearful of a strange country in a strange land, and that you are NOT going to let her get raped at night, or not be given meds on schedule, and so on. You go right down to the chapel and you chat up the most educated person in the whole hospital, the priest, and you tell him your story, and you get him to tell them, you are to get a chair brought to the room, and you are not letting her out of your sight.
And, of course, while you are there, you make it known you are quiet, well behaved, polite, and will be making their job easier, not harder. You are enabling them to drop off stuff, and you are doing the sponge bath, the assistance with this or that, and they can move along to other patients.
>>
>>1057259
Ahh, good news. Maybe a hotel every 3rd day to shower and remain presentable.
>>
Do you want some Captain Hindsight, OP? You shouldn't have accepting a vacation, even if the main expenses were paid for, if you only have a couple hundred bucks to your name.
>>
File: 1440273440784.jpg (11 KB, 230x311) Image search: [Google]
1440273440784.jpg
11 KB, 230x311
>>1057293
Thanks man that's very helpful. Now that I'm here that sounds pretty reasonable. Any other way you can help me without me having to find a time machine?
>>
OP here, we are recieving help from families now. Thanks for your advice people. Visiting is hard but I managed to find phones for both of us. Doctor say she might be able to leave in 5 days. But she has to be moved in ambulance in and out of the airports.
>>
>>1057270
Thos moght be central america, and the hospital looks like shit, but it's not like they are going to rape her. I have been able to see her every 3 hours or so by talking to the watchmen. As long as she remains in the emergency room visits are restricted. If they give her a room I can still only visit her 1 hour a day. I will tell them what you say the moment they move her. It may sound ridiculous, but it's easier to visit someone in emergency room than in regular rooms.
>>
Hey OP, check to see if the cigar bar is still up and running. Some find Colombian tail running around there at night.
>>
>>1057757
It's bull. No one of any intelligence leaves a woman unaccompanied or alone in a hospital, even at home. It's like sleeping with a hotel room unlocked. You don't know anyone nor trust anyone, and people sleep better when they know someone is guarding them, or their husband is comforting them. Fact. C'mon. If this was some religious hospital in the 1950s, maybe men weren't allowed afterhours in group wards or something, but doubt it'll be more than 2 to a room nowadays.
>>
>>1057753
Man even in public hospitals in Mexico you can be 24/7 with your relative in a chair. Whatva bad husband are you, but its just me. Maybe u are stupid and omega.
>>
>>1057785
I'd like to see you triying staying in an emergency room here. You have no idea how things work here.
>>
>>1057783
She is now in a women's observation group. They have nurses watching and I go in as much as I can. I stay in the waiting room and ask all the time. But if I try to force myself inside they will call the police.
>>
Get a wheelchair for her? Theres absolutely no way she can move around?

You could get early flights if you contact the airline but if shes injured and physically cant do anything then idk what to tell you. That blows though dude.
>>
>>1057798
She can't move until dr says she can. She will have to use a wheelchair while in the airport. But we don't really know when will that be. Her leg must be raised all the time.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.