[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This a thread for furry artists to show off their recent stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 17
File: nauticaldog_boo_background.jpg (223 KB, 1213x1280) Image search: [Google]
nauticaldog_boo_background.jpg
223 KB, 1213x1280
This a thread for furry artists to show off their recent stuff and look for feedback or whatever from other posters.
This isn't a request thread.

So, what have you been drawing recently, /trash/? I wanna see

Last Thread
>>3842240
>>
File: Alternative hair for lola.jpg (696 KB, 1016x856) Image search: [Google]
Alternative hair for lola.jpg
696 KB, 1016x856
>>4118635
I'm happy to see my thread stayed alive long enough to get a second one!

Anyway, I'll post some hair style designs I made for my character a few nights back.
>>
File: crit.jpg (503 KB, 1473x2188) Image search: [Google]
crit.jpg
503 KB, 1473x2188
From the previous thread.

Reply to this post and I'll criticize you without going into tl;dr territory.
>>
>>4118957
Crit this please >>4118903
>>
I hate these threads because they make me feel inadequate
>>
>>4119093
Why? This is a thread to post your stuff and get it seen by other people. The last thread had barely any negativity and was helpful for a lot of people!
>>
>>4119115
Not him, but last thread was filled with 10/10 artists. I don't think there was a single bad or learning post there. Half of it was people showing off their finished commissions.

As a shit artist, there's absolutely no way I'm going to post in these threads. It's definitely not for me.
>>
>>4119231
That's your choice dude. I'm not gonna try convince you to post your stuff.
Although, I do wonder; why did you post just to say you weren't posting?
>>
>>4119331
Just having some discussion and praising the artists from the last thread.
I'm mainly here to see some nice art.
>>
>>4119231
>I don't think there was a single bad or learning post there
But muh cat head

I'm neither >>4119093 nor >>4119231 but I agree that the amount of competent artists is slightly off-putting because it's easy to see that you're bad in comparison, but I think it's something worth getting over. I'll get over this, eventually.

By no means I'm bashing competent artists who post here, I love this thread. This is a thread where people actually kinda discuss art instead of making requests and roleplaying.
>>
>>4119630
>By no means I'm bashing competent artists who post here, I love this thread. This is a thread where people actually kinda discuss art instead of making requests and roleplaying.
Yes, more of a gallery thread than anything.

Although I do remember a while ago on /furry/, there was a "bad artist" thread where the lower echelon could go and get critique and advice without the commissionfags spoiling the fun. Have we had one of those here?
>>
>>4119653
I don't know, I've started lurking here only recently and I'd say that this thread wasn't a frequent one, and I don't think I've ever seen a "bad artist" thread. I guess it would be nice to have one?

Two problems though, if I'd want someone to redline my crap I'd probably go and ask a competent artist to do that and I definitely can't redline someone else's work.
Second, /trash/ is a somewhat fast board and it's easy to get bumped off if you're unpopular. I think I've seen threads disappearing after 6-8 hours of inactivity. Might be hard to make a new thread fly (god bless the loud house generals)
>>
>>4118903
Yellow and pink are a good color contrast, nice choice of colors. The Sanic hairstyle seems a bit unfitting but I bet it was fun to draw nonetheless. Some lines look a bit sketchy, do you redraw over the same line constantly? Is a waste of time, believe me. Learn how to draw using a continuous line instead and you should avoid that, unless that was your intention to begin with. The way you drew her snout is pretty cute as well.

>>4119231
>>4119093
The sooner you stop comparing yourself to others, the sooner you'll start feeling more secure about yourself. This applies to anything and everything.

The same artists you praise so much used to do the same at some point, but you either pay attention to yourself or pay attention to your surroundings, and you can't do both. And I guarantee you that every good artist you see today started being shit. Don’t compare yourself to others, just work your way up until you reach the desired spot you want to be into.

Tl;dr post some art or shut up.
>>
>>4120258
It was meant to be a sketchy thing just to test out various hair styles for a reference sheet I'm making. Here's the more recent update to it!
But thank you for the compliments on colour. A lot of people tell me about it!
I really need to learn to sketch cleaner.... it's always a problem I've had.
>>
>>4120258

>Don’t compare yourself to others

I suggest the opposite.
Compare yourself to artists that are vastly above your level and strive to be like them.
And I mean really good artists, not the mediocre furry stuff you see over the place, where the characters are standing in a void without a proper background.
Pick out some of the top artists in the fandom and go from there.

Comparing yourself to others is a great way to set a goal and constantly being self conscious of the mistakes you make.
Where did you fuck up, what's the element in your picture that's not in line with the work you admire.
Is it the anatomy? Colors? Angle? etc..
Drawing while being happy about your work, easily breeds complacency and a mindset that's in line with:
>Nah, that's good enough.
>I'll fix it the next time.
>I don't need to push myself.
Which in my opinion is the wrong way to go at it.
Acknowledge the mistakes you make and study the problems in order to fix them.
Self consciousness is the key to bettering yourself.
>>
>>4119653
It could be nice to have a beginner artist thread for learning purposes like /ic/ does.
>>
>>4118957
Thank you very much for the criticism. I see where you said the hands were off, it was my first attempt at hoof hands. I am planning on doing more figure drawing of hands.

Also, the breast thing, looking back, maybe I should had went with similar size. I've seen other artists do second pairs of breast and making the second pair "smaller", but seeing that she was suppose to be a chubby maybe I should had made it bigger. These are things I will keep in mind and experiment with in future pieces.

Thank you for the input, greatly appreciate it!
>>
File: bun heroine.png (674 KB, 1700x1640) Image search: [Google]
bun heroine.png
674 KB, 1700x1640
I just don't know
>>
File: lizard butts.png (631 KB, 2380x1312) Image search: [Google]
lizard butts.png
631 KB, 2380x1312
>>
A sketch I'm working on as an art trade on instagram
>>
Is there an art group on like Furaffinity for the artfags on /trash/?

>>4126376
>>4126441
They're sketchy and doesn't look complete, so I don't have much to say?

>>4128818
You need to fix the fluff on the left side of the picture. One fluff is longer than the other and it looks 2D. The head doesn't look like it conjoins with the neck correctly either, and the right paw is missing the spaces between the pads.
>>
Budding artfag here, how do into furry art you guys?
>>
>>4132136

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VfDTpLLVl5bWUGWguswKpPFml533luI8-NBd1EGYHnA/edit

Courtesy of /ic/. Read this and use the guides in there to help you take a step in the right direction.
>>
>>4131898
My line is pretty sketchy on the first one, but I'm mostly training some odd views and perspective, which I don't master.
>>
>>4121325
I love the way you think. Thing is, you're being positive in your thinking, where the people I was replying to were not. There is positive aspects on comparing yourself to others but most people do it and give up, they are negative. Comparing yourself to others and to do your best to become better is the way to go but you need to create believable goals, schedules and deadlines. Most people don’t know how to do that and it’s where all the self-hating and insecurity comes to play.

That and ultimately you strive to be your own thing, so comparing yourself to others can be a waste of time if you can’t get something positive out of it. But you bring some solid points and as I said before, I love the way you think. Cheers.

>>4120335
Seen it, I criticized it on the previous thread. Just learn to draw using a continuous line and learn to control the pen's movement; this applies both with tablets and IRL drawings. You can make a sketch really fast once you learn the appropriate techniques, they are meant to be fast and simple, they don’t need to be super detailed, just a basic idea to guide you.

>>4124949
You're welcome!
>>
File: dogs toy.png (789 KB, 2310x1764) Image search: [Google]
dogs toy.png
789 KB, 2310x1764
bump before I go to bed
>>
and I forgot to hide the rough sketch layer, amazing
>>
>>4131898
Could you recline how I would connect the neck please?
>>
>>4141505
*redline
>>
I hope my last pic didn't scare everyone out of this thread
>>
>>4147732
It's dead, Jim
>>
File: artists are asleep post shit.png (92 KB, 272x879) Image search: [Google]
artists are asleep post shit.png
92 KB, 272x879
>>4120258
So I heard you guys wanted to see something from someone who's only learning, something really bad

Underlying sketch ended up being quite off-model but I've decided to draw over it anyway. Bad fundamentals aside, I don't think this was all in vain, I think I'm starting to suspect that why my lines are so bad, I'm still using the tablet wrong way and draw from the wrist a lot. Probably shouldn't have gotten an S-sized tablet in the first place.
>>
File: Relax Don't Do it.png (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
Relax Don't Do it.png
2 MB, 3000x4000
Don't listen to New Wave, kids.
>>
>>4150828
I wouldn't call it bad; at least you have a rough concept of anatomy even if it remains basic.

Main issue would be that the head looks out of place with the shape, kind of like a doll head swap if you get what I am trying to get at.

You're self-aware of your short comings so that's something to be proud about.
>>
File: Halp.png (719 KB, 3400x4256) Image search: [Google]
Halp.png
719 KB, 3400x4256
I feel like there is a glaring issue with this, but I cant put my finger on it. Can I get some input?
>>
>>4159450
>Main issue would be that the head looks out of place with the shape, kind of like a doll head swap if you get what I am trying to get at.
I think I've connected it to the neck in a wrong place, if that's what you mean. Thanks for the input. I should really work on putting basic shapes together.
>>
Oh man I'm probably not the one who can give an advice but maybe you should make upper back past the joint more prominent, unless it's hidden behind the lush hair
>>
>>4160606
That was (obviously) for >>4160280
>>
>>4159757
I really like this and can fap to it.
>>
>>4160280
I like what your going for, i would recommend making the bend in the back more prominent. Make the spine S shaped, the shoulders down and the lower pelvis out with locked knees. It gives the character a more realistic stance.
>>
>>4163204
Thank you, Anon!
>>
>>4160606
>>4160619
>>4165913
Thank you for the advice! I'll do some editing here and there and upload a updated version
>>
File: Relax Don't Do it.png (179 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Relax Don't Do it.png
179 KB, 750x1000
Trashy 80s song inspired a trashy possum that was posted in /trash/.
>>
>>4167656
Can't wait to see it
>>
>>4167656
To add some more I feel the head might appear to be quite disproportional. I understand muscly and strong bodies have a small head generally but it seems too small for me.

That and I think the breasts are positioned a bit too low but that could be just the fur covering them leading to my confusion.
>>
>>4168929
I hope I wont dissapoint!
>>4175610
Yeah, looking back at it, the head looked a tad small. The hair and fluff was giving a disillusion if it making it look bigger.
>>
boop
>>
how do I learn to draw anthros?
>>
File: pouisson trade.jpg (785 KB, 1425x1434) Image search: [Google]
pouisson trade.jpg
785 KB, 1425x1434
Posting the most recent thing I've finished
>>
>>4185727
Honestly, the best advice I could give would be to start drawing human bodies first. You'll learn the anatomy as you go.

As for anthros, perhaps draw some animal heads. Take note of specific traits that the animals have, like curved eyes, long muzzle. Of course, melding the two can be hard if you're new to anthro drawing, so you just gotta keep practicing.
>>4187654
Cute stuff. What color do you use for shading?
>>
>>4189291
Usually a hot pink at first, then i adjust and find a good colour using the hue slider.
>>
File: toriel fat nude.png (111 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
toriel fat nude.png
111 KB, 1200x1200
>>4160280
Are you the guy who did this?
>>
>>4187654
Your style really shines when you add characterization to it, love it. You got a site by any chance bro?
>>
>>4198845
Oh thank you!
My tumblr is http://chainchomped.tumblr.com

Here's another image I'm working on
>>
>>4194939
Hm? Nope! Looks similar though.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.