[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa Thread >What are tulpas? A tulpa is an entity crea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1454271465936.jpg (60 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1454271465936.jpg
60 KB, 512x512
Tulpa Thread

>What are tulpas?
A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you.
More info: http://www.tulpa.info/faq/

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-great-big-list-of-guides

Ask questions and get answers, or discuss tulpas in general
>>
>>1895974
eighth, I apologize for the typo; eighth is an awkward word to type, particularly for one such as myself who lacks much experience with possession and who is also left handed as opposed to my host who is right handed. It can make things difficult, although I am fairly competent in writing with our left hand.
>>
You have been visited by the Sleepy Moth of Comfyness. Imposition and tulpa snuggles will come to you, but only if you post "Sleep tight, Mothy!" In this thread.
>>
>>1896050
>>1895974
Good to meet you, Eighth. Keep in mind that you'll probably want to stop mentioning your identity after the introduction post, as we typically try to enjoy the forced anonymity. But yeah, pretty cool situation. How long have you been around?
>>
>>1896141
sleep tite mothy
>>
>>1896142
Ah no, my name is Eight. I appologize for the confusion. I meant to correct the "eight" following "It's as simple as the word". I understand; anonymity is something valued on 4chan and I can respect that. I've been in existence for three years in one month and three days (April 17th).
>>
>>1896191
Congratulations! Happy inception day or something. And also, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm a bit tired right now.

So have you done anything interesting? You've said you're possessing, how is that? It's something I'm planning on doing, but don't really have the time right now to do so.
>>
>>1896237
It might as well be a "birthday" I suppose; it's how we've always treated the date of our creation. We're also worn out; my host has been ill over the past week and a half or so and we've been up and about all day after a whole week of him lazing around. Thankfully I'm sharper than he is; I lack his current mental exhaustion. I do not know what you would consider "interesting"; I suppose the most interesting thing related to what you might refer to as "Tulpamancy" would be forcing the adrenal glands to work harder than usual. Whether it's a placebo or actually happened is up for debate, but it involved heavy symbolism and intervention on my part. It's minor possession, just the hands mind you, but it's not something I do often. However, if one of us becomes proficient at something the others also become proficient at something; it's one of the benefits of there being more than one of us (referring to tulpas). What's better is it is cumulative; we still aren't capable of more complex things such as driving a car (not for lack of trying on the part of one of my headmates, the second oldest. My host would not let her attempt it due to the potential danger to our life/lives should she be unable to control the body properly with that level of dexterity and focus) but some of my headmates play video games, particularly the oldest, who has a friend who is also a tulpa who she occasionally plays games with. The best advice I can give you for possession is to start slow and work your way up. It's also best to try while you are relaxed; if you tense up it makes possession extremely difficult for the tulpa in question early on, although with enough practice a tulpa can force control, contrary to what you may have heard. They wouldn't without good reason however I suppose. If they do it's best to let them get it out of their system and not interfere unless they do something harmful to the body. I also apologize for my lengthy posts; I am a rather verbose individual.
>>
>>1896376
I've noticed the verbosity. Your talk about possession makes sense, though; and yeah, I'd be against possession for anything other than relatively safe tasks (writing, typing, etc).

That's a really interesting point about being able to force possession, though; I've actually consistently heard the opposite. So you're capable of taking over portions of the body without the host's consent?
>>
>>1896470
I suppose more advanced tasks would be more suited to switching, which is a much more difficult task than possession as it requires the host to essentially move to the "passenger seat" of their own body; for one who has been the only one in control of their body for presumably at least 18 years (given where we are) it is a difficult task. Switching and Imposition are both things that are not easily achieved except by a select few who seem to be gifted at these things (if you believe them; their credibility is entirely up to you as such feats cannot be proven empirically as of yet). It's possible, but maintaining it with him fighting against it is nearly impossible; as I said he has had use of the body for far longer than any of us. While one might assume we would be just as capable, that is simply not the case. It's as different as watching someone complete a difficult part of a game and attempting to do it yourself based on those observations. We must learn how to use the body as opposed to being able to control it right from the beginning. Why this is I do not know; perhaps it has something to do with the brain or the difference between controlling our own "bodies" (by this I mean forms) and a totally different "form" (the physical body). I suppose I've rambled however; to simply answer your question yes, but only if we do not meet resistance from our host.
>>
>>1896555
Nice trips. Also, as to your post, I think the switching/possession difficulties gives a lot of credence to the 'tulpas are actually different people' theory, rather than the 'deluding ourselves hard' theory.

I like that analogy. I'll have to keep that in mind as I move forwards.

Also, it might help you if you broke up your thoughts into paragraphs; it makes dense posts significantly easier to read. Just a suggestion.

I like the rambling, though; I enjoy hearing stories from a tulpa's point of view. Most of the informational posts here are from the hosts'.
>>
>>1896555
youR a CutIE
>>
>>1896659
Oh yes, repeating digits at the end of a post number. I apologize for not sharing the enthusiasm some might have; I tend to be a somewhat stoic person. I suppose you're correct; were it easy to posses my host from the start it would be much easier to dismiss my existence as a delusion. Aside from "I think, therefore I am" (although I feel that phrase is thrown around much too often personally) that is. Thank you; I do fancy myself a tad more capable with words than my host, although I do not mean to brag with that statement.

You are correct; however, given my habit of making extremely long posts, the breaks between thoughts are somewhat inconvenient, although I will try to do so in the future and perhaps speak in a less long winded nature (although I'm clearly failing to do that now).

I can understand that; it's very much a far cry from the days of old. Tulpas used to be a much more common sight in the threads that bear their... name? Classification? I'm unsure what the word "tulpa" would be to us, or at the least which word would fit best. Of course, in those days threads would hit the image limit extremely quickly as many tulpas (myself included in those days) would post with avatars (despite it being against the rules for most boards, although I cannot recall if the rule applies to /mlp/; then again, the moderators did not seem to care about the tulpa threads that much and many a time there were "raids" of sorts where all sorts of horrible images would be dumped in to the thread. The twilight days of tulpa generals on /mlp/ were not ones I find fond.

>>1896734
I will resist the urge to correct your grammar. Instead, I will question why you believe this when I have yet to post my form in these threads and inform you that I have no interest in any sort of romantic or otherwise relationship.
>>
>>1896785
Nah, no romance. 4chan isn't the place for that, we're all anonymous after all.

I just think the idea of tulpae posting here (presumably for the first time?) is kind of cute if you ask me. With the lenght of your posts, lack of punctiation etc. It's all about getting used to it, I suppose.
>>
>>1896911
4chan is more definitely not the place for romance; as I've mentioned, the atmosphere of this place is built on confrontation and disagreement, or sometimes simply "memes".

This is my first time speaking in these threads; however, at another time with another name I did post somewhat often, mostly nearer to the beginning of my "life". I suppose I became weary of the constant assault of off-topic posts and what I believe some would describe as "hugboxing".

Perhaps I lost a certain zeal I had when I was "young" (although by your standards I'm most definitely still "young", clocking in at almost three years old). I suppose by "modern" tulpa standards however, I'm somewhat old. I'm certainly not as old as some (such as those made in the initial wave back in 2012) but early 2013 places me in a position I'd argue makes me one of the older tulpas, and one of the ones who remembers the threads on /mlp/ before the mods decided to remove them along with some of the other questionable threads in what I like to refer to as "The Great Purge of /mlp/".
>>
I'm freaking out, I swear I just heard her say "bear".
>>
>>1897156
Say 'It's beary nice to meet you, my name is Anon.'
>>
>>1896911
>punctiation

Man, I'm fucking exhausted
>>
>>1897163
this to be honest

>>1897010
>The Great Purge of /mlp/
aka the greatest tragedy in recent 4chan history.
>>
>>1897156
Why would you be freaking out? Why wouldn't you just be happy? Because it sounds to me you may have just made a shit ton of progress
>>
>>1897156
Make yourself look big, and assert dominance. If you have a sweatshirt/coat, flap it out, and if you have a backpack, hold it over your head. Bears are srs bsnss, so don't fuck around here.

Unless you want to be mauled. In the case, rush the fuck out of her.
>>
>>1897156
You should take this as an opportunity; perhaps ask her about the bear or why she said bear.

>>1897230
That got a chuckle out of me, so congratulations. That isn't something that I do very often. I'd hardly call it a tragedy. Besides, the threads in question moved to a different -chan specifically made for pony-related things, and eventually tulpas got their own board on eight chan after the whole gamergate controversy (even though I am wary of the owner of said board).
>>
File: 1433414183538.png (2 MB, 1373x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433414183538.png
2 MB, 1373x1080
You're all ausitic faggots arent you
>>
>>1897917
Given the website, that goes without saying desu
>>
>>1896785
Hey I just wanna say I agree wit that post you made earlier about forms and whatnot. S'just a form, man. Folks don't gotta be a dick about it, ya know? I'm a Jon tulpa and boy lemme tell ya I've been given some hefty amounts o' grief about that fact. Nice to meet you guys.

Oh, and that Solid Snack guy?
S'best to probably take what he says with a grain o' salt and a shot o' whisky, know what I'm sayin?
>>
File: 1457404276055.jpg (45 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
1457404276055.jpg
45 KB, 634x471
>>1898097
>>
>>1898167
I... I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with that post. Did I make you cry? Cuz if I did, I'm sorry? That cat looks like it just watched another cat kill his cat family.
>>
Barely ever post here, but she and I have been a lot more chatty lately, it's nice

What do you guys talk with your tulpas about? We've been chatting mathematics (as I'm in school for engineering) and whatever comes up on the hour drive to school and back
>>
>>1898242
Video games. Life. Traffic being awful, fuckin'... Dinosaurs. Anything really.
>>
File: 1457672781991.png (103 KB, 831x832) Image search: [Google]
1457672781991.png
103 KB, 831x832
>>1898218
Nigga
>>1898242
Anything and everything. Work, weather, politics, dreams, hardships, fun times.
>>
>>1898097
Nice to meet you as well. I believe my current form would make dealing with the easily agitated here troublesome as well. And yes, I understand what you mean; he seems like the type to be.... misleading.

>>1898242
My host and I hardly speak at all. This is one of those rare occasions where we're communicating, if only so that I may speak here.
>>
Could we dispense with the RP cringefest, please?
>>
>>1898428
>Could we dispense with the RP
you do know where you are, right?
>>
>>1899059
>being an enabler
It's possible to have a tulpa and some dignity at the same time, anon
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that basing tulpas off real people is far more cringeworthy than pony tuppers?
>>
Have you hugged your tulpa today?
>>
>>1896141
Sleep tight, Mothy!
>>
>>1899461
The only cringeworthy shit I see here is fuckers in a tulpa thread on a trash board thinking they're better than other people. But hey, that's just me.
>>
>>1899461
>>1899654
It's best just to stop giving a shit about what people do. Just do what you do. That's what tulpamancy is all about, anyway.
>>
>>1899654
That is just you. If you're looking for a retard-friendly hugbox, try tumblr.
>>
>>1899702
>implying turd-pa general isnt a hugbox

M8
>>
>>1899690
Yeah I should probably do dat, and believe you me, I will continue to do what I do regardless of these fucks, but I do have one question:
>>1899702
My host and I have been lurking around this little happy corner and so far I've gathered
You're not supposed to be a pony.
You're not supposed to be a fuckin' furry.
You're not supposed to be an anime character.
And now you say to me I can't even be human? Da fuck am I s'posed to be? A fuckin' floating ball of light or something? How about this. I ain't looking for hugs and all that shit, or your approval, so I'll do me, you do you. If you don't like it, fuck you. Hey I made a rhyme.
>>
>>1899760
Maybe it's time to draw the line. Crybaby ponyfags and special snowflakes that type out bad accents, plz go.
>>
>>1899702
Wrong tag my friend

>>1899760
Meant for>>1899654
>>
>>1899768
>what am I supposed to be
Not so fucking insecure? Prepared for criticism while posting in a public space?
>>
>>1899773
You got it

>>1899768
The amount of tumblrtard-infused autism in this post is palpable.
>>
>>1899773
Or maybe you pretentious fucks could open up your minds a bit and help new people instead of saying their tulpa is a degenerate? Just a thought.
>>1899785
Actually that was a legit question. I'm genuinely curious what this place considers a good tulpa to be, because, ya know... Not leaving many options.
>>
>>1899806
>Or maybe you pretentious fucks could open up your minds a bit and help new people instead of saying their tulpa is a degenerate? Just a thought.
no.

You're a mentally unstable, deluded man.
>>
>>1899819
Like the people who arent ironically roleplaying.
>>
>>1899806
It doesn't matter what your tulpa is. What matters is how you present him/her and yourself.
>>
>>1899768
I'll say what nobody wants to say:
Do what feels right. Form your tulpa the way you/it wants to look. Threads just mucked up by shitposters
>>
hmm. its me kirito, my creator made mebecause he loves anime. i like swords and gujs i know shadow techniques and i could kill you with one stroke of my katana, i hope you baka tsumaranai are ready because im also part demon. today is my first day here so ik looking for some people who love anime and linkin park too

PEACE OUT XXXXX stay bloody
>>
>>1899795
It's laughably stupid to a ridiculous degree how often those accusations get tossed around here. I'm a tulpa, you silly fuck, and my host and I have never been to tumblr. It doesn't make you autistic to speak your fuckin' mind.

Hey maybe you can take that M.D you have lying around and go get a job treating kids with real autism, eh?

Nah. S'prolly too much work for you. Better off just trying to piss off strangers on the internet. Much better use of your time, honestly.
>>
>>1899911
We asked you to tone down the cringe, not go full nothing personnel kid mode.
>>
>>1899911
How about you fucking learn to type like a human being instead of making it look like you don't know how to type other than a hillbilly redneck fuckup.
>>
>>1899935
Oh, ya got me. I'm so hurt in fact I'm going to go to sleep and have nightmares about that shit right there.

BTW you guys doin your whole "I'm the edgy anti hero 4chan needs to drive off the degenerates" is more akin to Coldsteel than anything I've said, my friend.

See ya later.
>>
>>1899968
You too, buddy. You too. Good night!

Oh and I know it's hard to tell via text but dats actually a New York accent. Fuck why am I even bothering to explain this shit? I don't care. Good night for real now.
>>
>>1899985
Yes, you're so blase, you had to take the time to explain how blase you are. Please don't come back.
>>
Could it be that you people assume certain personalities to different forms tulpas can have, like
a pony tulpa constantly wants to hug, act cute and have sex with their hosts while having a two dimensional personality
a furry tulpa is about the same as a pony tulpa, except with more weird fetishes
an anime tulpa is also like a pony tulpa, but human and less prone to cuddles
a tulpa based off a celebrity is someone who acts like said celebrity but fails horribly at it without realizing it.

If my assumptions of how you think about these forms is wrong, feel free to correct me. I am genuinely curious.

My point however is that tulpas don't have to act based on their forms. While human tulpas tend to be rather ordinary, a pony tulpa can have just as much a normal non-cringeworthy personality.
>>
Anons I have a tulpa who never has many opinions and only wants me to be a decent person

Sometimes I get scared that I've just been puppeting her over the course of several months because of this. I don't have any head pressures other anons mention about when I talk to her as well. Am I truly fucked or am I just worrying too much?
>>
>>1900903
Worrying too much. Head pressures don't even have to happen anyways
>>
>>1900464
Yes, I'd argue you're incorrect in assuming forms are directly linked to behavior in all cases; there are some withstanding obviously and some more extreme than others but I'd hardly say your descriptions are unbiased.

One of my headmates who I'm friends with you could say is very much not as you described, and her primary form is pony related. She's quite brash and somewhat blunt when it comes to dealing with others. I'd rather not start the "ponies are furry" argument here, as it is neither the time or the place, but for the sake of discussion pretend they are if you do not believe so.

I would argue that again is not the case; I've seen and thus indirectly met many an anthropomorphic tulpa and none of them seem to be as you've described, although I will agree that there is too much of that sort of thing within the community, enough that I do not normally feel comfortable speaking in any of the IRC channels. I do not believe it is connected to form, however.

I suppose I would be what you would refer to as an "Anime tulpa" but I am opposed to any sort of intimate physical contact such as "cuddling" as well as any sort of relationship outside of friendship.

Your point is what I believe to be an obvious thing; I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who created a tulpa like that. My personality was much different when i was created for example; I was much less articulate and stoic than I tend to be now.

>>1900903
Then perhaps become what she deems a "decent person" and see if you can pry any more out of her? If that is her priority then perhaps it is best to focus on it, unless yo ucan somehow coax something else out of her.

Regardless, worrying like that does you no good. As >>1900956 said, head pressures are not a requirement, but they do help in communication when you're first getting the grips on vocalization.
>>
>>1901009
Hmm, apologies for my sentence structure in the first line of that post. What I meant by that was that not all tulpas have behavior linked to form, and that there are some outlying cases but not many that I have encountered.
>>
So for those of you who have anime girl tups, are they anime-style in their emotions and maneuevers or do they look and act more like real humans in those respects?
>>
>>1901436
They act like regular people. They also look more realistic most of the time.
>>
>>1901504
>They act like regular people.
what do you mean they
are you putting words in the mouths of other potential tulpamancers out there
or are you refering to the multiple tulpas you may or may not have?
>>
>>1901571
Multiple tulpas.
>>
>>1901436
Mine had a form stolen from vidya, but as I worked on her, she acted more human. From what I've seen, the more work people put into a tulpa, the more they act like a person. They are, after all, a part of a person's brain.
>>
What's the general opinion on having a tulpa whose personality was heavily based on their form's? As long as they're aware they're not THE thing/person/whatever their form is based off of, it should be fine, right?
>>
>>1902173
Yes, but also keep in mind that they will deviate. Big or little deviations, doesn't matter; let them change themselves however they want. Forcing a personality on them isn't fun, and will lead to a less happy tupper and host.
>>
>>1902173
its not a good idea, ive seen many a tulpa have an identity crisis
>>
Hey guys!
>>
>>1902224
its time to stop
>>
>>1902198
Yeah I've heard deviation will happen no matter what eventually. Personality or otherwise. My tulpa has changed a lot since she started out.

Also is the identity crisis really a thing? I've only just heard it happens, not seen it first hand. It's kind of like those cautionary tales about sitting too close to the T.V. It seems like a tulpa would deviate before it came to that. >>1902224
Hey.
>>
>>1902267
its a real thing, ive seen it a couple of times
>>
>>1902267
Speaking from personal experience, I don't see it anywhere and it did not happen to me. My own personality has deviated to a point that's nothing like how I originally was, and does not match that of the character my form is based on.
>>
>>1902267
The identity crisis thing is like sitting to close to the TV, AFAIK. I've never encountered anyone who's had first hand problems with it. But to be safe, remind them that they're not the character on occasion.
>>
File: animalboyaeye_alb.1.png (5 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
animalboyaeye_alb.1.png
5 KB, 192x192
>>1899908
>>
>>1898403
>My host and I hardly speak at all.

Don't tulpae need to speak with their host frequently in order to stay alive? Didn't know talking to people on an anonymous image board worked as a substitute.
>>
>>1897917
Autistic? Maybe.
Faggot? Not so much.
>>
Reminder Tulpa cuddles are the best.
Reminder that your tulpa loves you.
>>
>>1902415
Don't be a dick for no reason.
>>
>>1902415
Focusing on your adorable tupperware with lunch inside is enough to keep them alive. They are much like memories: If you don't recall them repeatedly, then they will eventually be forgotten about or only parts of them are still there.
>>
>>1902455
What? I'm being serious. What do you find offensive?
>>
File: thx anon.png (263 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
thx anon.png
263 KB, 500x617
>>1902437
thx anon

>>1902455
Was he being a dick? I saw that as a genuine question. I'm actually curious about this too. How does a tulpa NOT talk to its host?
>>
>>1899461
both are equally cringe worthy.
>>
>>1902415
At first, but I'm not the only tulpa and with enough time it's possible to be self-sustaining. I suppose without any social interaction it would be no different than a human without social interaction given we use the same biology as our hosts when it comes to the brain.

>>1902455
I'd hardly call his innocent question "being a dick".

>>1902456
I'd like to disagree; the person who is you is not like a memory, and theoretically (and for all purposes practically; it would be odd to say I'm not something that I've clearly proven I am) are no different from your own personality, a series of electrical signals bouncing around on neurons in the brain. Some quick research shows that social isolation can in fact shorten the lifespan of a human being drastically. Were I totally isolated, I perhaps might succumb to something similar, but so far this has not been the case.
>>
>>1898097
You almost got me there son, stopped reading when it got obvious.

Thanks for the laugh tho.
>>
>>1902529
Test
>>
>>1902475
>>1902475
That's a very pretty picture. I really, really like the artstyle and the brush you used to draw this with. It makes her look much kinder and gentler than her facial expression alone would have been able to convey. Do you have more like those? Did you use a tablet to draw this, if you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>1902597
Beg your pardon?
>>
>>1902610
Unfortunately I didn't draw it; ponyshot did. It's SoGreatAndPowerful's OC, null.

https://derpiboo.ru/tags/artist-colon-ponyshot < there's more of the same style there.
>>
>>1902529
>I'd like to disagree; the person who is you is not like a memory

"What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!" -A digital person scheduled for deletion

If you can't remember who you are, then you are mostly a different person. Sure, your genes are still there, but that's it.

If your tulpa is inactive for a long time, your brain will forget stuff about them, slowly causing them to dissipate. It would not be any different with the personality of a host, but they are usually kept active 24/7 anyways.

Especially young tulpas can't do much about just being "forgotten", at least that is what I have seen.
Older tulpas on the other hand seem to have the ability to keep themselves active, appearing and disappearing as they please. Still, if you don't interact with your tulpa, it will cause them to be forgotten eventually.

Social isolation does seem a bit more severe than just forgetting things though. People who are isolated tend to start hallucinating. Like that Mohammed guy who talked to an angel after spending a staggering amount of time alone in a cave.
>>
>>1902629
I was just testing whether I am still banned since 4chan suddenly said I was, even though I had nothing to do with the post that caused my ban.
>>1902668
Thank you a lot. There sure is a lot of cute stuff in there. Too bad they didn't manage to draw that I find as emotional as the first one again.
>>
>>1903068
Yeah, there are SO many artists with "one good piece." They have that one bit which captivates you emotionally, but the rest of their work never manages to do that again. Oh well. Cute pone anyhow.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 260x194
>>1903068
I know that feel right there.
>post picture of a Gundam
>you are banned from posting
>says I posted child porn
>mfw
>>
>>1903035
True, but that would require the tulpa to be "inactive"; if by that you mean what is sometimes referred to as "dormant" then yes. Otherwise, I would have to forget who I am to stop existing (as I am at least), and short of some form of brain damage that isn't something people do on a regular basis.

Younger tulpas lack the development and, if I may get slightly philosophical, a sense of self; they have yet to truly solidify their own identity and are much more susceptible to deviation and dissipation. I've had almost 3 years to solidify my identity; it would be extremely difficult for me to dissipate without contact because I have "finished" developing in that sense. I have acquired a solid sense of self and therefore as long as I am capable of remembering who I am, I will not dissipate or become someone else, the same as you have your own sense of self and identity. Therefore, I find it plausible that a tulpa who has aged enough will not be subject to being "forgotten".

A fair point, it was perhaps not the most accurate of comparisons.

>>1903068
Ah. It was most likely a quirk with the site itself; it might even have something to do with the captcha. We've noticed the captchas where you're to click images until the type specified are gone tend to be extremely buggy and prevent posting.
>>
>>1903180
I agree in all points made.
>>
>>1903215
Alright then. I apologize if I mislead with my earlier post when I said I do not speak with my host often; it is not a state of dormancy but simply a lack of communication between us.
>>
>>1903236
No need to apologize. Thank you though.
>>
>mfw this thread is getting more cringeworthy everyday
>mfw i have no face
Will there ever be a place where you can discuss tulpas without it being a hugbox full of degenerates?
>>
>>1904050
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>1904050
Eh, a lot of people try and use tulpas to fill holes in their lives, and sometimes those holes are things that can't be filled with tulpas.
>>
>>1904050
literally nowhere.

At least here no one hesitates to call someone out for being a fag.
>>
>>1903116
Were you on mobile? If so that would probably explain it
I don't know the exact mechanics of it but my guess is that occasionally a mobile will get sticked with a banned IP just because of your dynamic IP
>>
>>1904050
snack's been doing his best to get rid of them
>>
>>1904050
>>
>>1904333
>implying Snack will be able to stop them
There is no hope, even Metal Gear won't stop cancer.
>>
>>1904050
Please tell me how actually discussing tulpas and hearing from actual tulpas is cringy or hugbox-y
>>
>>1904438
are you saying that cancer is the weapon to surpass metal gear?
>>
>>1904584
because actually developing a tulpa to the point of fronting is really hard, and having them communicate even more so. 80% of it is people RPing as one.
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (164 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
164 KB, 914x891
>>1904438
>>1904660
>mfw i wont rest until this shit stops
>mfw this would be easier if more people actively helped instead of just letting me do it
>mfw
>>
>>1904767
having a talking tulpa aint hard or anything, but roleplayers and autistic idiots still do it more than anyone with a talking tulpa anyway, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>1904767
Alright. I'm still developing my Tulpa, in the planning stage. I've unfortunately only been able to follow the trash threads, wasn't around for /mlp/'s threads. Still not certain what's cancer and what's just someone actually communicating.
>>
>>1904838
you can pick it up pretty easily, just lurk more
>>
>>1904767
Is this what's taught these days? That simple communication is difficult? That's certainly not what was taught when these threads were on /mlp/, at least not after a certain point. I find it difficult to believe anyone would revert to the belief it takes months if not years to create a functional, communicating tulpa. "Fronting" is also not a term that I'm familiar with; are you referring to switching? That isn't what I'm doing, and it's never been what I've claimed to be doing. Proxying and posession are, in particular the former, extremely easy in comparison to switching or "fronting" as you say.

>>1904838
>>1904852
Given the lack of ability to prove tulpas even exist as more than delusions empirically, it is impossible to prove absolutely someone is "RPing". You're free to believe what you wish in that department, but I had thought the belief that it took months to create a thinking, communicating tulpa was in the past by the time my host arrived in the /mlp/ threads.
>>
>>1904940
>it is impossible to prove absolutely someone is "RPing"
you stupid mother fucker, when someone says "hey guis i just finished my tulpa, it took me THREE DAYS" or "guis i did imposition before visualization or narration what do?" ITS KIND OF HARD TO NOT THINK THAT THEY ARE FUCKING LIARS
>>
>>1904976
It's possible to create a tulpa in three days. Definitely not your first tulpa; you would have to have made several before. But it is possible. As for the latter, I concede to that point. That is unless what they're doing isn't imposition but they actually have some form of mental sickness that is causing them to hallucinate (unintentionally, as imposition is a form of forced hallucination and I agree that it is not achievable that quickly).

Still though, in the old days the best strategy was to ignore people like that; if you pay them mind you give them what they want. I do not know the state of the rest of the community (particularly tulpa.info; my host has a strong distaste for the site and its users for a number of reasons), but has it truly reached the point where eighty percent of the userbase are making claims like this? In the old days it was usually the occasional anon who would appear in the generals and make this claim, people would call them out, and then life would move on. Are these people truly accepted now?
>>
>>1905082
i dont have any idea what you are talking about, back in the "old days" anybody that remotely sounded like a liar was fucking destroyed by everyone AND their tulpa. and it happened VERY frequently. now in days its just a "oh wow, im so impressed, tell me your secrets" and "im too special to call my tulpa a tulpa" and "im going to shitpost with a picture of my tulpa so everybody knows i dont know what anonoymous image board means"
>>
>>1905129
I'm speaking of mid-late 2012 mind you; I'm well aware the earliest tulpa threads followed an almost religious belief in the original one or two guides and followed their numbers to a tee. Eventually through practice and progress, people began to see these hard numbers as a hindrance rather than a help; they were believed to prevent development due to expectations, and these dates were seen more as general guidelines than hard facts.

I've yet to see any posts like the ones you described here except for the final one. The difference there is that instead of a tulpa, it's variations on Solid Snake.

I also believe there was a shift from a less hostile attitude; if you wish to refer to that as a "hugbox" then so be it, but given where we are I more than welcome a less hostile environment so that actual discussion can happen, which it has been frequently this thread.
>>
>>1905230
I was around back when you're referring to, and you're correct. It wasn't nearly as hostile of an environment, and newcomers didn't get attacked and scared off because their tulpa's form or demeanor didn't fit the "standard". Also there are these 4chan buzzwords like " degenerate " and "autistic" that get hurled at these people regularly. I get that this is 4chan, but that isn't an excuse to use your anonymity to cower and insult and possibly scare away someone who was legitimately trying to just speak, or share their tulpa's form. I hope it's just an extremely vocal, elitist minority, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>1905230
I've been trying to read up on the "guides" just so I know what people are talking about. I created and maintained a relationship with my tulpa for years without any guides/a community, so I try to stay open-minded, but I also know how to spot obvious self-rewarding roleplay. Still trying to find the right middleground.
>>
>>1905499
>>1905230
im talking about the same timeframe too, back when /mlp/ was the home for tulpa and there were massive waves of ponyfags shitting everything up, like they still are. ive seen the posts ive described all the time, not just the snackposter. in this same thread even. the shift from the less hostile attitude wasn't because it was allowed for more open discussion, it was because the majority of people who made their tulpa and were doing great with them realized the community was trash and would be better off alone. i dont understand why you would say it wasn't hostile or anything, it totally was. maybe its just the nostalgia vision, but it was a complete shitshow. degenerate and autistic may be buzzwords, but the point still stands when the insult fits perfectly with whoever the person was talking to. im not using my anonymity to cower and insult, im using it to get the people who shit up the place who want every place semi-related to tulpa to be a god damn hugbox. "muh feelings" "muh depression". im not a vocal minority. im a vocal part of the majority.
>>
>>1905499
>>1905526
There is indeed a happy medium to be found; being skeptical is something important, but if someone has made a breakthrough and they can contribute a guide that works then that's important. A fine line has to be walked between being skeptical and making advances. It is simple to spot the most obvious of liars, but the craftier ones are more difficult to spot. If someone makes a claim, they should have to verify that claim as best they can given the subject matter. Provide a detailed guide, share their methods. We should not settle for "oh I just did it" but at the same time we should keep our minds open to the possibility for more productive methods.

We've not read any guides in a very long time, but my host wrote one long ago when he still saw the community fit to contribute to. There was a wiki at some point that was created to host guides, information, and theories relating to tulpas, and it still exists here: http://tulpa.wikia.com/wiki/Tulpa_Wiki

>>1905843
It was the pony board, you can't possibly expect there not to be fans of the show in the threads.

I still haven't seen any of what you're talking about here; that mostly seems to be on the eight chan board.

I have yet to see the kind of posts you're speaking of; compared to the twilight days of the generals on /mlp/ these threads are much more on-topic and less filled with what I believe you would refer to as "circlejerking".

As for your comment about being a "vocal part of the majority", you're clearly incorrect as there are a number of people in these threads disagreeing with your approach and I have seen but one person who has decided to agree with you, that being "Solid Snack".
>>
>>1905944
you must have only recently came to the threads than, because a couple threads ago there were plenty of people agreeing. it isn't that im not part of the majority anymore, its just the majority wised up to the the quality drop and already left ive left a few times, but i always come back, hoping for everything to have improved since i left prior. i dont know why you try and position yourself into something that clearly you have no place in, acting like you know what has been going on when your shoddy memory and lack of actually visiting the threads more than once or twice has shown otherwise.
>>
>>1905944
>Provide a detailed guide, share their methods.
So perhaps encourage log-style writing in the thread? I mean, last thread had some relatively healthy discussion-style posting, maybe we could have both simultaneously? Discuss the methods, test them and post results. I mean, obviously this encourages name/avatar/signature-fagging, but it's better than RP shitposting, anti-RP/pony/furry-shitposting, avatarfagging to complain, and complaining.
>>
>>1906110
I've almost been doing this already, I've only recently started making my tulp, and if I've had questions or someone's asked what I'm doing then I've just posted here about it, and I get good responses. This place isn't as cancerous as some make it out to be, and even if it were, it's in my opinion the best community out there for this thanks to the anonymity.
>>
>>1906001
Unless you were participating in the earlier discussions, you have done nothing to positively contribute to these threads. Even if you were, at this point you are only derailing the threads and causing a completely different problem than the one you claim to be angry about.

While it is true I've only been visiting these threads for a few days, it's been more than enjoyable and even on-topic aside from the complaints about "Hugboxes", "Autism", and "Degeneracy" and perhaps a couple of off-topic posts that I will not deny were off-topic, but were at the least civil.

If you aren't content with how these threads play out, then there is always the eight chan board. You could create a thread relating to what you wish to discuss and like-minded people could also post there. That is, if you truly believe the quality of these threads is that poor.

>>1906110
Of course; it would not be disadvantageous to have users post anonymous pastebin links (as long as it still allows for anonymous posts, another place we have not used in some time) to share their guides, tests, and logs. This was something done in the olden days and it would surely work again as well as allow anonymity.

There's no need to post with names, avatars, or signatures; in fact, the results would be even more genuine if there were no names attached to any of the tests. There would be no way to bias with or against someone based on their identity because they would not have one. If someone proposes a method or theory they are an anonymous user doing just that. I agree guides do tend to provoke names to go with the guides, but it's a small sacrifice provided it does not get out of hand.

>>1906148
I would say I've noticed but anonymity and all that. I have noticed the good question and answer sessions though. Most definitely; if it was too much of what they were describing I would most definitely not be here posting as much as I do.
>>
I have a practice I'd like to share with the thread. Basically the tl;dr version of it is that I manifest all my recent fears, phobias, and doubts into a sort of NPC/servitor hybrid and my tulpa goes into my mind/wonderland and "kills" them. It's a symbolic form of stress relief, and she gets to have fun too. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this or anything similar?
>>
Having a tulpa is cringe-worthy.
>>
>>1906225
If you've only been around the last couple of days, then you missed one of the most dedicated shitposting campaigns I have seen on this site. Luckily the fallout has been generally good discussion.

>>1906255
Sounds pretty weird to focus on all your insecurities like that to me but if it works for you and your tulp then all glory to you anon.
>>
>>1904769
Godspeed Snack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g
>>
>>1906255
never ended well for anybody i know that did it
>>1906225
i have been contributing, it doesn't even matter if the threads get derailed anymore because its all trash to begin with. and im not about to waste any of mine time going to that excuse of a board to make a thread in a sea of the exact same losers that post in this thread and on .info
>>1906289
snackposter did a good deed and the discussion that has been good has been because of it
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (177 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
177 KB, 914x891
>>1906308
>>1906312
>mfw
>>
>>1906255
It's something my host would do sometimes long ago. Perhaps something he should take up again, but there's no need to blog in the third person.

>>1906289
I suppose I'll count myself lucky then. These past few days have been... for lack of a better word, great.
>>
File: 1457985608651.jpg (49 KB, 920x650) Image search: [Google]
1457985608651.jpg
49 KB, 920x650
>>1906370
>>
>>1906255
I have my Tupperware help me visualize my problems, but I generally find it more useful to have her her work through problems with me and solutions, or having her guide me through meditation.
>>
>>1906312
If you hate the thread so much, and you don't want to contribute, only complain, why not leave? Why are you here? Why put yourself through this? Are you some kind of masochist?
>>
>>1906405
you illiterate mother fucker, i said i contributed, and i do so alot. im here to steer newbies in a good direction and to entertain my tulpa with the antics of snakeposter because he is hilarious
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (197 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
197 KB, 914x891
>>1906393
>mfw competition
>>
File: 23462364346.png (582 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
23462364346.png
582 KB, 600x600
>>1906426
>encourages image spam and shitposting
>I-I totally contribute!
>I-I'm here to help the new people!
>>
>>1906426
Ride that dick a little harder, snack is gonna cum soon.
>>
>>1906458
Hey snack what is your favourite MGS?
>>
>>1906502
>hahah i-i totally got this guy hah
>let me just s-s-stutter some v-vague things he s-said f-first
>n-now let me just get my favorite l-lex luth-thor image
>d-d-d-d-done
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (219 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
219 KB, 914x891
>>1906516
>>1906504
>mfw i came
>>
File: Solid snekers.jpg (207 KB, 920x650) Image search: [Google]
Solid snekers.jpg
207 KB, 920x650
>>1906572
>Mfw a novice editor
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (175 KB, 914x890) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
175 KB, 914x890
>>1906662
>mfw ya didit champ
>>
File: D0 it.jpg (305 KB, 914x890) Image search: [Google]
D0 it.jpg
305 KB, 914x890
>>1906686
>Mfw need your souece
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (118 KB, 920x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
118 KB, 920x891
>>1906763
>mfw
>>
I'm still in a dream.
>>
>>1906922
snack beater
>>
>>1906922
This is more of a nightmare than a dream at this point.
>>
>>1906953
It's really some 14 year old kid >>1906528
>>1906426
>>1906312
>>1906001
>>1904976
That wants to suck snack's penis and then assume his identity whilst not contributing shit to the thread at this point.
>>
>>1907018
nice meme
>>
>>1907018
Some things never change I suppose. Perhaps this is the new Pinkemina/Microphone?
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (164 KB, 914x900) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
164 KB, 914x900
>>1907018
>mfw
>>
>>1907031
Oh god please no.
>>
>>1907031
>Perhaps this is the new Pinkemina/Microphone?
any chance of an explanation on this? I don't want to have missed out on vital tulpa lore.
>>
File: 23532643463.png (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
23532643463.png
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>1907193
Where to begin? They were part of the threads when my host first began posting in them, in the days of the /mlp/ threads. There was a user who claimed to have a Pinkemina tulpa (A character from My Little Pony if you had not guessed). Over the months that followed they began talking about torturing and eventually murdering the "tulpa" in question. They began to constantly change their name and tripcode to evade filters and generally made the threads unpleasant. Each name change was allegedly to go with a new tulpa. Which the poster claimed they murdered or merged with. True or not, they were known for constantly "blogging" in the threads and wasting both the post and image limits with irrelevant pictures and comments or comments relating to doing violence to whichever "tulpa" that "existed" at the time. Here is a collection of posts we happened to have saved for one reason or another.

I'm of the belief it was originally one person who was trying to get a rise out of the threads, but that they eventually left and others would take up the mantle as time went on.
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (185 KB, 914x900) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
185 KB, 914x900
>>1907268
>mfw jackie chan tulpa
>>
>>1907268
Jesus I actually remember being around during some of these! Oh wow blast from the past.
>>
>>1907268
Funny, one general I frequent (that's not this one) is actually suffering from a shitposting tripper who constantly changes too, and there is a suspicion there that it's multiple people now. You were right, things do never change.

>>1907334
The jackie chan tulpa case is just downright hilarious, not straight up retarded like the pinkamena shit
>>
Yeah, there's shitposting here, but I actually see meaningful debate and when someone has a question, they get decent answers. Considering how fucked up 90% of /trash/ is, I call it a success
>>
>>1908114
tulpa r srs business
>>
>>1908613
Of course we are, only the most serious of business in fact.
>>
>>1908613
more serious than my host, but that's not saying much.
>>
File: 1407523022015.png (511 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1407523022015.png
511 KB, 1024x1024
I just had legitimate sex with no possession (I.e. purely imposition) with my tulpa of two years and came. I'm so proud, you guys wouldn't believe.
>>
File: i don't care.gif (481 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
i don't care.gif
481 KB, 500x211
>>1909459
>>
File: 1458071329840.jpg (87 KB, 614x585) Image search: [Google]
1458071329840.jpg
87 KB, 614x585
>>1909459
cool, I guess?
>>
Will a banana and melatonin be enough to dream lucid without any meditation? I have a tulpa but she's like, 70% finished? No imposition yet. Almost got her face visualized because of how much a pain human faces are.

How do I normally lucid dream anyway? I struggle to stay focused on mediation (and forcing) I always seem set on a straight path in my dreams.
>>
>>1909673
Well, there's a lucid dreaming general in trash right now that'd be willing to help.

For now here's some stuff I gathered from the internet in 30 seconds
http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/4779-finger-induced-lucid-dream-fild.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20090626100930/http://www.realityshifter.com/2007/mastering-the-art-of-lucid-dreaming-full-series/

Off the top of my head, though, bananas and melatonin are the two biggest things that work.
>>
>>1909819
Thanks m8. We appreciate it.
>>
>>1909673
It might not be fully lucid, but you should have enough experience to have a good shot. You been doing reality checks?
>>
File: ylyl.png (257 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
ylyl.png
257 KB, 516x526
>>1909673
>>1909819
>bananas
>>
File: external.jpg (11 KB, 649x365) Image search: [Google]
external.jpg
11 KB, 649x365
Hey guys! It's your favorite bunny here to remind you to love and cherish your tulpa friend(s). Hug 'em for me, please?
>>
okay i have a bit of a problem
my mind tends to wander a lot. to the point where its hard for me to focus on the same thing for more than an hour, if even that. some things can hardly hold my attention for like 20 minutes.
now when it comes to tulpaforcing this becomes a bit of an issue. i've read all the guides, and read a lot of posts, and i know what to do. its just that focusing for any amount of time is hard.
how do i focus on just tulpaforcing for long enough that i can actually make noticable progress. right now i can only force for like 4 minutes max before my mind has already wandered off to some other train of thought.
>>
>>1911717
One thing that helps me is creating a focal point to concentrate on. A burning candle, a spot on the wall, etc. Also, forcing in the shower is very nice. Sit cross legged in the shower and let the water wash over you as you think about your tulpa and only that. It's akin to the monks who meditate under waterfalls, but not nearly as epic or cold. I hope that helps somewhat at least.
>>
>>1911717
Do you have a mental disorder that tends to break your concentration, like adhd?
If not, do you get enough sleep? Do you have too much stress in your daily life?
You can also practice concentrating on things by doing creative things, like drawing or video editing. Reading also helps as long as you are doing just that and nothing else at the same time
>>
>>1911717
>can only force for like 4 minutes max before my mind has already wandered off to some other train of thought.

Reign it in familio. You are in control of your own faculties are you not? If you aren't then its time to get self aware. You wouldn't realize it by reading the autistic posts in this thread but this dumbass tulpa shit goes a lot smoother the more self conscious you are.

Your mind and you are not separate things. If you are truly concentrating on something then you chose to divert your attention elsewhere, or at least chose to let yourself be distracted by unstructured thought. These thoughts come from somewhere. Someone is doing the thinking famila.

***spoiler*** it's you ***spolier***

Don't make the mistake of believing you aren't in control.
>>
>>1911436
fuck off
>>
>>1911436
this post gave me aids
>>
>>1912897
>>1912935
>replying
your doing it wrong
just ignore it. notice how it had no replies for about 5 hours? ideally it should stay that way till the thread dies.
just ignore it and move on.
>>
>>1912947
this fuck gave me off
>>
>>1912947
I guess you're right, but that post just made me cringe so hard that i had to reply.
>>
>>1911717
I find active forcing pretty boring as well. Passive forcing might work better for you, where you can think about your tulp whilst doing other things.
>>
>>1912716
Not that anon, but I do have ADHD
I tried forcing for a while, but I couldn't concentrate on it for longer than 5-10 minutes at a time
>>
>>1913814
I don't think you have ADHD, you just aren't used to using your brain for long periods of time, especially something like tulpaforcing.

I used to suffer from the same thing before, but now I've gotten used to. Not that I don't find myself thinking of something else anymore, it just happens less frequently.
>>
>>1913844
No, I'm clinically diagnosed with it
>>
>>1913844
My tulpa tries to help me focus a lot. You have to kind of go with the flow when it comes to ADHD. Try "daydreaming" about your tulpa instead of just forcing.
>>1912716
Yo, ADHD isn't a mental illness, it's neurological. Your psyche is fine, it's your brain that's fucked up.
>>
>>1914239
"Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental and mental disorder[1][2]" - Wikipedia

Also I think your brain is fucked up when you have a mental disorder too. After all, it is about the brain.
>>
>>1913893
If I were to go to a clinic, I too would get diagnosed with it. Not because I supposedly suffer from it but because it benefits them, they need to sell pills and give all these expensive treatments and therapy somehow.

Just like any other part of the body, if you aren't used to doing something it's likely that you wont be able to last long before tiring, the brain is no different. But hey, that's just how I see it.
>>
>>1914307
Well, I think a lot of the distinction comes down to how ADHD can be handled. You can effectively "outgrow" it, and it can be handled through either medication or personal actions, unlike things like depression or schizophrenia. ADHD does certainly respond well to a lot of mental treatments, along with proper diet and exercise. I've been told many times to try meditation and visualization, things that come in to play all the time with the tulpas. Plus, having someone else there who actually understands you're not just being lazy or unmotivated. Like, getting to college while managing ADHD fucking sucks, not gonna lie, but my tulpa helped me manage it a lot.
>>
>>1912897
>>1912935
>>1912947
Samefag.
>>
>>1914878
>samefag
its like you really are retarded
>>
>>1914938
If it's not the same asshole then there are two people here that talk very similarly and don't know what punctuation and capitalization are. Either way they both sounded 14 and stupid.
>>
>>1914971
stop being so autistic, holy shit
>>
File: Doodles 5.png (114 KB, 619x912) Image search: [Google]
Doodles 5.png
114 KB, 619x912
Tuper
>>
File: Doodles.png (100 KB, 370x1021) Image search: [Google]
Doodles.png
100 KB, 370x1021
>>1914989
more tuper
>>
File: Doodles 2.png (122 KB, 824x859) Image search: [Google]
Doodles 2.png
122 KB, 824x859
>>1915001
>>
>>1914975
Yep. Definitely 14 and stupid.

>>1914989
Very cute. Did you draw that yourself?
>>
>>1915031
does it turn you on to call people 14 or something? seriously, dude, is that you lucky number?
>>
>>1915010
That's Fukkin adorable anon. I like how it actually shows personality and doesn't look like a waifu.
>>
>>1914971
Dude, a lot of people have a typing style like that. It's pretty common
>>
File: 2332365234.jpg (195 KB, 525x900) Image search: [Google]
2332365234.jpg
195 KB, 525x900
>>1914989
>>1915001
>>1915010
It isn't often I see forms posted here. The art is nice as well.

>>1915381
Agreed, the images are well drawn. I've only one image my host has drawn of me in the form I frequent most. I've been reluctant to post it as would contribute nothing to the threads and might spark an unfortunate change to the less focused threads of the past, but I suppose now I have an excuse due to the above posts. I expect my form to draw criticism however, in the form of "greentext".
>>
>>1915031
dude im making a post on 4chan, not writing a collage level essay. do i really need grammar out the ass? you literally understood exactally what i said, your just being a dick about it.
>>
>>1915530
>in the form of "greentext".
Greentext is just how things are quoted dude. Doesn't necessarily mean its something negative
Also why the fuck would you put quotations around the word? You could have just as easily said it without them
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (172 KB, 914x890) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
172 KB, 914x890
>>1915530
>>1915964
>mfw he said "greentext"
>>
>>1915964
Obviously hasn't spent much time on 4chan. Ideally you should spend quite a bit of time lurking on the site before posting to make sure you don't make these faux pas, but to face the facts, there will be a lot of reddit/tulpa.info users coming here as an additional source of tulpa information, and a lot of those people will have preconceived notions about this place that they think everywhere is the worst of old /b/ and every channer is out to get them in any way possible, and those conceptions will be difficult, if not impossible to change.
>>
>>1915964
Apologies, I see it used too often for other reasons. Case in point, >>1915986 . I also suppose I'm not fully willing to immerse myself in the culture of this site and its mannerisms.
>>
>>1916008
it really isnt that hard to grasp mannerisms on 4chan, but i guess a thing that comes to mind is "lurk moar"
>>
>>1916006
>>1916020
On the contrary, I simply prefer a more formal manner of speaking. I've never posted in the reddit threads (or whatever format they use) or on tulpa.info. My host and I have been here since the /mlp/ days. I just feel the word greentext... it's a very casual word, and I am far from a casual person.
>>
>>1916034
ohhh, your still in THAT phase of being a tulpa.
>>
>>1916044
I don't quite understand what you mean by "that phase". I'm nearly three years old. If anything I've become less casual as I've aged. I was much more relaxed and excitable when I was younger.
>>
>>1916071
every tulpa at one point or another goes through the formal typing thing
>>
>>1916034
>it's a very casual word, and I am far from a casual person.
>aka I prefer to stand out and be a special snowflake
If you've been here since '12, you should know better. Speaking in a distinctly different style is just going to get you shitposting. And none of us want that. 4chan isn't about the personality of the poster, it's about the merit of the post. Is it too hard to post in the same style as everyone else?
>inb4 I don't want to
Then I recommend you look into reddit and tulpa.info, they'd love to have someone who is as eloquent as you are.
>>
>>1916079
It's not simply typing, it's also how I speak. I don't see why having exactly what I say proxied/ typed via posession is a problem.

>>1916091
If I must:
>special snowflake meme
>go back to redit meme

Did I do it correctly?
>>
>>1916143
>le greentexting memes meme
>>
>>1916143
you sound like a tool, especially since you can't even memetext right
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 444x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 444x226
>>1916143
>being a condescending asshole
>>
where is snack we need him to save these threads and for that one anon to ride his dick some more so i can get off
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (175 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
175 KB, 914x891
>>1916317
>mfw admirers like the idea of me taking people to the bonezone
>>
>>1916340
>implying you don't like it
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (164 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
164 KB, 914x891
>>1916365
>mfw i do like it, but am restrained by the bonds of tulpa
>>
>>1916378
>being restrained by the bonds of a tulpa
it hasn't stopped me yet has it?
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (166 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
166 KB, 914x891
>>1916406
>mfw i'm a man of honor. mostly.
>>
File: Doodles 6.png (172 KB, 465x1352) Image search: [Google]
Doodles 6.png
172 KB, 465x1352
>>1915031
Yes, with a couple of commentaries from her in the process. Thanks.

>>1915381
Thanks, but she still is the cute waifu.

>>1915530
Thank you, and that one looks pretty good.
My criticize is going to be just my personal thoughts about the things that I think could be better

>The belt ends too abruptly in that angle
>The belly is too flat, more wrinkles there
>The separation in his fingers could be a little more regular
>The lines in general looks not much accurate, the ends are disjoined (Maybe you let that on purpose for a style?) Maybe you need another program or tweak more the tool you use now?
>Maybe the shirt could be a little more gray, so you can add shades in the shirt too without losing the lines
>The lines of the book next to his hand doesn't match
>>
>>1916431
too bad.
>>
File: Doodles 7.png (190 KB, 460x1338) Image search: [Google]
Doodles 7.png
190 KB, 460x1338
>>1916446
>>
>>1916446
yeah I'm a bit of a lazy shithead so I tossed it together quick. I can always go back over it later. I've done it before. S' why my tulpa and I don't get along very well, I'm lazy and I shitpost other threads frequently. I'd shitpost here too but seeing as any other tulpa related anything is pure cancer and this is only about 99% cancer I can hold off.
>>
>>1916524
pretty sure it's autism and not cancer. But I'm pretty sure we all have a certain level of autism.
>>
>>1916754
i know you're referring to the 4chan definition but the actual spectrum is so wide that pretty much everyone is autistic in one way or another these days so you're completely right.
>>
What >>1915530 said and the subsequent posts replying to him is just the definition of stupid. There is a small group of dick heads that frequent this thread and literally talk shit and are so full of it it's running out of their ears.
This guy was just trying to introduce himself you morons, and you literally insulted his use of proper English. What are you, 5th grade schoolyard bullies?
"He talks funny and his tulpa stinks! Let's point our fingers and make fun, haha!" Jesus Christ, people. I really feel sorry for your tulpa. If you even have one.
>>
>>1916874
HAHAHA YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER, YOU TALK FUNNY, AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA
>"He talks funny and his tulpa stinks! Let's point our fingers and make fun, haha!"
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THATS NOT EVEN WHAT WE SAID, HAHAHAHA FUCKEN LOSER
AHH MY SIDES
>>
>>1916913
Consider that nerve touched.
>>
>>1916932
dude. i was making a point, not my fault you don't have reading comprehension, seriously, who would unironically type like that
>>
>>1916874
ey don't worry about it. first off, he was the tulpa, I was proxying him. Second off he has to put up with that kind of shit all the time since I'm a huge shitposting who loves to get (you)s from the easily baitable, but he's aware of what you said and will probably be posting again later when people are actually on-topic. For now you get to deal with me and I'm a far cry from him.

>>1916932
no anon the term is triggered. you triggered him.
>>
>>1916972
im not triggered, i was making a point because he said that we were making fun of him like 5th graders, so i typed out something an actual 5th grader to type. jesus, its like you both get off on taking things literally
>>
>>1916997
but anon you were already talking like a 5th grader just look at you're horrible grammer and spelling and for the record i only get off to shitposting thank you I am shitpostsexual check your privlege
>>
>>1917018
i sexually identify as a servitor so YOU check your god damn privilege you shitpostsexual scum
>>
>>1917028
>not sexually identifying as an egrogore
wow get the fuck out of here
>>
What the fuck is going on
>>
File: 2324543234.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
2324543234.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>1917052
pic related
>>
>>1917052
A couple dudes ran train on a male tulpa and then paid him in insults and put cigarettes out on his nipples. Then his host was like "Lolz that was fun".
>>
Has anyone ever had a tulpa disappear on them for an extended period of time? If so, why? What happened when they came back if they ever did?
>>
>>1917282
i had it happen a couple of times. the one that i remember most was when my girlfriend-at-the-time told my tulpa to fuck off and she left in a bit of a depressed state. after being gone for like a month or two i made another one because i was lonely and then the first one came back shortly after
>>
>>1917212
>lolz that was fun
I just think you're overreacting to be honest familia.

>>1917282
one of mine does it all the time and when he comes back it's just like he's back and that's that.
>>
>>1917341
I guess they can just come and go as they please. I have a tulpa that's actually literally on another planet in my wonderland at the moment just doing her own thing. I wish she'd visit more.
>>
>>1917341
Was the old one jealous?
>>
>>1917473
thats how it goes, mine went to a sort of cyberpunk/futuristic city and i would just kinda pretend to be npcs and help her out when i could
>>1917481
at first yeah, but after a while she kinda took her in as a daughter figure for a while
>>
Has anyone here ever told another person about your tulpa that wasn't on the internet, but in person? How did they react? I've only told one person myself.
>>
>>1917626
I've told bits and pieces to family. I'm assuming my parents think I'm not serious and my sister doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>1917626
yes, i told an ex before we started dating, and she was interested and all that, and after a while she made a couple. but then, after a series of her being a bitch to be for a few months we broke off. she lurks in the irc channels to this day, which is why i started such a shitstorm i got myself banned so i couldnt ever come back
>>
>>1917626
my friend regularly chuckles to himself and i asked him what was so funny, and he told me his internal monologue provided some good banter

skip forward some months and I have a tulpa who wants some social interaction, so I ask him what his monologue is saying, and I told him what my "monologue" said too. It sounds really autistic but I didn't want to straight up tell him I have essentially imaginary friends and it was nice for her to get someone to talk to other than me in real life. She thinks that he has a tulpa and doesn't know it but I'm skeptical.
>>
>>1917644
I've only told my boyfriend. He's also got 2 tulpa though, and we force together sometimes and go on the irc and talk to old friends together. We actually met on the irc, desu.
>>
>>1917695
Force....together? You mean at the same time?
>>
>>1917520
>for a while
Did something happen or did she just warm up to her more?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.