[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General: MP Cheeto ED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: 1463014667629.jpg (57 KB, 583x438) Image search: [Google]
1463014667629.jpg
57 KB, 583x438
old thread >>5663286
>>
File: 1463076579125.jpg (71 KB, 647x944) Image search: [Google]
1463076579125.jpg
71 KB, 647x944
>>5665955

>>5665934
im just saying the head is too big.

this would be ideal for me. similar head size to metroplex
>>
That's the model from the show and not a silhouette of the toy, yeah? No way they could pull off a beast mode that slender.
>>
>>5665961
I actually thought Metroplex's head was too small.
>>
>>5665970
Correct.
>>
File: 1368552964142.png (151 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
1368552964142.png
151 KB, 325x400
>>5665970
They can, because it will be a partsformer
>>
>>5665961

I think i might go Hasbro on this one though I'm hoping for the SDCC version will come with the master sword.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHrFQVUt2YM
Opinion?
>>
File: WhatTheHell.png (391 KB, 424x584) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheHell.png
391 KB, 424x584
>>5666020

Ugly. And I'm saying this as someone who owns at least $1000 in 3P toys.
>>
>>5666018
How do we even know there will be a SDCC version? They already showed off one Transformers exclusive, that being the set with Brainstorm, what are the odds that is the only Generations exclusive?
>>
>>5666028
> at least $1000 in 3P toys.
So that's like what, 6, maybe 7 3P figures?
>>
>>5666044

It could actually be a lot or a little depending on the figures. 3P Legends fig's are around $20-$50 and sometimes come in sets, after all.
>>
File: CiAiuClUoAAXvlU.jpg (76 KB, 599x453) Image search: [Google]
CiAiuClUoAAXvlU.jpg
76 KB, 599x453
So what's this new combiner TF Yuki tweeted?
>>
File: sdcc__scaled_800.jpg (489 KB, 1120x553) Image search: [Google]
sdcc__scaled_800.jpg
489 KB, 1120x553
>>5666040
>How do we even know there will be a SDCC version?

The huge Sword hint on the package art of said Brainstorm.
>>
>>5666055
Skyreing and the rest of 86 autobots.
>>
>>5666056
Huh, okay. But I'm just thinking that if there was a Fort Max at SDCC, wouldn't we have heard by now?
>>
File: Wasted Molds.jpg (2 MB, 3936x2728) Image search: [Google]
Wasted Molds.jpg
2 MB, 3936x2728
>>
I'm interested for the upcoming legend class Wheelie, but I'll wait for a possible head retool/redeco of the mold
I wonder if there's enough space on the vehicle cabin to put titan masters inside
>>
>>5666068
With all the leaks don't you think they would want to have a real surprise?
>>
>>5666060
Ah okay. Than an easy skip for me.

>tfw only on Predacus and the lack luster Magnaboss for now

I really wish Hasbro would take Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt and paint them up like the BW counterparts. I don't even care if the combiner head is the same.

Also I plan on getting G2 Bruticus and Takara Computron. Also gonna get Wreckage. Best thing about him is that I only have to worry about paying premium for Toxitron because my friend is gonna sell me the limbs for cheap since he doesn't want them but wants Toxitron.
>>
>>5665699
>>5665701
>>5665705
>>5665707
TAKARA WINS AGAIN
>>
Really like the colours on Takara Fort max, actually looks like the original.

>>5666076
It's not really a surprise if we know it's happening.
>>
>>5665994
Yes, because all the MPs we have now are heavy on the parts forming.
>>
>>5665970
I'm honestly looking forward to the moaning come Primal. There's gonna be some kind of backpack and people are going to act like children because they can't understand that the 3D models in Beast Wars cheated in terms of transformation. I'll still enjoy the toy but the added butthurt will be a bonus.
>>
>>5666056

The sooner they finally announce him.

The better.

I really hope I could get one at TFCon.
>>
>>5666076
Well it just didn't really occur to me that Hasbro was a company that likes surprises, considering we practically know everything,

Hell, we practically found out about Blaster and Astrotrain from last year's Botcon or whatever.
>>
>>5666074
I heard speculation that he could be retooled as Moonracer. In the IDW comics right now, she has a similar altmode.
>>
>>5666074
>I wonder if there's enough space on the vehicle cabin to put titan masters inside
There is
>>
I can't say I'm a big fan on the whole cg model accuracy that's being done with the BW MPs. Those beast mode models didn't age well- I'd prefer realistic beast modes like the licensed altmodes on car MPs. It's not like they turn into simple-ass Sunbow cars in regards to show-accuracy.
>>
>>5666176
>a super realistic gorilla figure that unfolds and distorts itself to turn into a robot man

That sounds pretty gruesome.
>>
MP Inferno would be godly, I'm not really even that interested in the other mp's since those characters changed forms.
>>
>>5665978
most TF heads are too small if you compare them to human proportions. CW Devastator looks like he came out of the end scene in Beetlejuice.
>>
>>5666188
Sounds pretty awesome, too. We needed more BW figures that did gorey shit like Triceradon.
>>
>>5666197
>changed forms so much.

Is what I meant to say.
>>
File: 1375736437625.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1375736437625.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>Finally decide to bite the bullet and get the PC-09 upgrade hands/feet for Bruticus
>Have to decide on ordering from BBTS or TFSource
>Pick TFSource because I have a 5 dollar credit there
>Place the order yesterday morning
>Check this morning to see if my shipment has left
>Item is suddenly a preorder and won't be in stock until June

Yea, I posted this story in the last general and no one seemed to give a shit, but still...what the fuck? Has anyone had this happen to them?

I ended up contacting TFSource to see if it was a glitch or something and hoping maybe I can get my money back so I can just make the purchase from BBTS.

Haven't heard back from them yet...but I SHOULD be able to get my money back...

Right?
>>
>>5666176
Its a bit offputting I admit, but I think if we get at least 3 or 4 BW MPs like it it'll really sell the "living animation" look. Maybe it'd be better if they compromised by doing mostly realistic beast modes with hints of the CGI beast faces.
>>5666188
>>5666203

I hope this artist manages to do something with all his designs. he has a bunch of awesome body-horror Transformers.
>>
What are some really "divisive" TFs? You know, those ones that either you really love or really hate.
>>
File: I did not sign up for this.jpg (74 KB, 143x159) Image search: [Google]
I did not sign up for this.jpg
74 KB, 143x159
>>5666230
I dunno maybe you should take it up with the site's customer service and wait 24 hours for a response instead of being an impatient entitled douchebag like every one else that thinks /tfg/ is an alternate customer service website for the whole of the internet. Just my 2 cents ;)
>>
File: classics galvatron.jpg (68 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
classics galvatron.jpg
68 KB, 500x564
>>5666253
Pic related.

I love this guy, and think he's a great modernized reimagining of Galvatron. It just sucks that he's Deluxe class...but I still think it's a great figure.

I'll also throw in Shattered Glass. I fucking love the concept and the vast majority of the figures (even the dull ones). That's definitely a line of figures that have a love it or hate it type of fanbase.
>>
>>5666253

Anything BW and Bayformers.

Most people think at least one of those is raw shit sizzling on the sidewalk.
>>
>>5666259
I'd tell you to take the stick out of your ass, but since you seem to have an entire redwood tree up there, we might need a special tool to do that.
>>
File: 1392936769378.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1392936769378.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>5666259
Thanks for not being an ass about it.

I was only asking because I didn't know if I should even bother with asking for my money back. I couldn't find information on their site about how they handle refunds in cases like this, but I do know that other sites like BBTS won't give you your money back, but rather, a credit or some shit.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Dick.
>>
>Grabuge is the second TFSS figure to arrive
Glad to spoil it for everyone.
>>
File: b8.jpg (93 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
93 KB, 600x480
>>5666269
.>>5666272
Sorry our office is closed right now, please direct comments or queries to the proper toll free number and dial the extension of the party you are trying to contact and we will attempt to reach you during our regular office hours. Have a nice day
>>
>>5666272

I'd say email/call them, Anon, see what they say. If you can't get your dosh back they'd probably just store credit you.
>>
File: MegsOriginal-1.jpg (81 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
MegsOriginal-1.jpg
81 KB, 800x526
>>5666286
It was always fun when BW Megatron made his toy facial expression. It looked a bit odd on him but it seemed like every now and then the animators felt obliged to place it in.
>>
File: 6587578.jpg (115 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
6587578.jpg
115 KB, 800x533
>>5666105
>I'm honestly looking forward to the moaning come Primal. There's gonna be some kind of backpack and people are going to act like children because they can't understand that the 3D models in Beast Wars cheated in terms of transformation.

But we already know about Primal's backpack, pic related was revealed a month ago. And it looks perfect.

Cheetor's beast mode is way more sleek and the character is smaller than Primal, so designing it will be more difficult. I'm really curious about the end result.
>>
>>5666309
Cartoons and TV are way too serious these days, we need to bring back a little slapstick and parody.

Like 99% of tf's these days have the "war is hell" expressions on their face. People love Fix-It so much because of this.
>>
File: 1427762877578.jpg (5 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1427762877578.jpg
5 KB, 250x231
>>5666321
>Cartoons and TV are way too serious these days,
>Says this with RID on the air
The whole "war is hell" era was years ago, it definitely isn't now. Heck I don't even think Prime was as dark as people were saying, I would argue Animated had much darker tones.
>>
>>5666333
Yeah people just think that Prime is darker than it is because of the CG and the music, forgetting entirely about Miko and Jimmy Neutron

Animated looked friendlier but had some darker episodes
>>
>>5666262
If he made into the Voyager he was supposed to be I'm sure he would have turned out great.
>>
>>5666333
Even the comics now are split between serious shit and sitcom shit.
>>
>>5666334
Yeah really, I agree completely. I mean, Prime had moments, and everyone thought it was legit when Cliffjumper was killed off, but after that it wasn't really anything. Yeah, the characters looked edgier than their Animated counterparts, but a good chunk of that 3rd season really takes the cake for the darker tones in Transformer cartoons.

Even look at the characters. Think about all of Starscream's bullshit Megatron put up with in Prime when he should have gotten rid of him, compared to Animated where he straight up kills him once he gets his body back. In fact I think Animated Megatron might be the only one who never tolerated Starscream's bullshit for a second.
>>
>>5666334
>>5666333
But that's why Prime tanked and people hated RID.
What we want and need now is more cerebral, thoughtful and serious, heavier themes
Levity and "jokes" have no place in Transformers.
We have progressed and matured as TF fans, that's why people loved the comics more.
>>
>>5666262
>but I still think it's a great figure.
Weird standards.
>>
>>5666334
>forgetting entirely about... Jimmy Neutron

So did the writers.
>>
>>5666334
TFA also had much more humor than prime. Prime was darker. It had kid aspects but compared to TFA it's night and day.
>>
>>5666356
>Levity and "jokes" have no place in Transformers.
>We have progressed and matured as TF fans, that's why people loved the comics more.

You mean the comics which regularly have jokes? You sound like an edgelord who legitimately enjoyed BvS.
>>
>>5666356
Actually I would say Prime tanked because they kept pretending they would do something legit and big, only to pretty much go back on it in the very same episode.

Also, WAAAY too many "We must find the object before the Decepticons!" episodes.
>>
File: 1240256086219.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1240256086219.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>5666374
>You sound like an edgelord who legitimately enjoyed BvS.
Don't drag BvS shitposting into this you /tv/ faggot.
>>
>>5666375
>Also, WAAAY too many "We must find the object before the Decepticons!" episodes.
If the individual episodes weren't as good as they were I would've said you could just skip the entirety of season 2 because of that
>>
File: saki.png (956 KB, 950x1050) Image search: [Google]
saki.png
956 KB, 950x1050
>>5666356
>We have progressed and matured as TF fans, that's why people loved the comics more.
>>
>>5666376
>implying I go to /tv/

BvS is just the new thing to point edgelords to whenever they say how things need to be more "dark and gritty"
>>
Anyone know when the crappy quality Legends Shockwaves will start showing up? I have one good one but want to get another and didn't know if those had shown up in the US yet.
>>
>>5666375
>Actually I would say Prime tanked because they kept pretending they would do something legit and big, only to pretty much go back on it in the very same episode.
I feel like I have repressed memories of Prime because of that shit. Smokescreen giving up on becoming a Prime after Optimus trusted him with the hammer was the worst.
>>
>>5666387
Then fuck off back to /co/, or whatever, don't drag your buzzword swarming arguments over capeshit movies here. There's enough of that elsewhere.
>>
>>5666379
Shouldn't you be getting raped or something?
>>
>>5666393
I know how you feel. For me it was the episode where they wrote it like they were going to kill Bulkhead off, but instead just got that "crippling injury", where he was back to normal by the next episode or so.
>>
File: Megadiculous.png (1 MB, 1024x563) Image search: [Google]
Megadiculous.png
1 MB, 1024x563
>>5666356
>>
>>5666397
Fucking kill yourself. Saki is best Vulvarape.
>>
File: bulkhead-artist.jpg (30 KB, 530x580) Image search: [Google]
bulkhead-artist.jpg
30 KB, 530x580
>>5666393
>Bulkhead, you'll never be the same again! You may not be able to fight like you used to

Oh cool, this means they'll probably introduce his creative side he had in animated and have him be the team's engineer, which could lead to interesting stories-

>wo episodes later he's fine again

wow, way to remove the most unique trait of a character who doesn't even have a long convoluted history, but a single series right before. Why even use him if you aren't going to write him like he's meant to be?
>>
>>5666400
Wasted potential: the show.
>>
>>5666416
Names are just names. You can be a ninja motorcycle, a Lion part of a combiner, or an F-1 car and be just as Prowl as anyone else called Prowl.
>>
>>5666356
You're seriously forgetting that the franchise is primarily fucking children TOYS, therefore aimed at children.

Older fan are catered to in the form of nostalgia and returning characters, espcially the chug line and the IDW comics.

But children cartoons are usually aimed at children.
>>
>>5666356
>the comics have no levity and jokes in them

>Swerve's My First Blaster
>Rung's official designation is 'Ornament'
>more than half of Whirl's dialogue

etc
etc
etc
>>
>>5666424
See, I don't mind those because they all offered something different and felt like different characters, just with the same name. but Prime Bulkhead take Animated BH's face, colors, has a similar alt-mode; etc. It's basically Animated Bulkhead translated in the show in all respects except character depth.
>>
>>5666431
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. Those first two are fucking stupid.
>>
>>5666416

I'm more mad they just skipped him from being into a coma to him being all up and about.

the least they could have done was have him wake up at the begining of the episode.

I agree Bulkhead was a waste in Prime.

I didn't mind the Wrecker backstory idea though. Though I envision him as a DOTM styled Wrecker, the kind that's a military engineer.
>>
File: 300px-Skywarp1.jpg (55 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
300px-Skywarp1.jpg
55 KB, 300x401
So who do you think the final member of Wreckage is? If it's an unused head sculpt in America it's either Starscream, Armada Thrust, or a Technobot. My guess is Skywarp since he was a wrecker at one point.
>>
>>5666375
Prime started with a bang, but then it didn't go anywhere for pretty much the whole show.
Cliffjumper died right off the bat and Starscream was a serious threat, then no Autobot ever dies again.

Maybe if CJ was a Cliffjumper was a regular character for a few episodes and then got killed for good outta nowhere, the progression wouldn't feel as off.
>>
>>5666450
What's Wreckage?
>>
>>5666453
The combiner they're doing for the final subscription service. Toxitron, Counterpunch, Impactor, and Fractyl.
>>
>>5666424
I don't know, I agree and disagree. I feel like certain names should hold certain responsibilities, while others don't mean anything and could be applied anywhere, and some in the middle.

For example, a character like Starscream should have strict "dos and don'ts" for the character in each incarnation, meanwhile something like Steeljaw it really doesn't matter how he's applied because he was never really a big person in the first place. Characters like Ironhide would be someone who would be in the middle, having some things that should be kept for the character, but other things are very flexible.
>>
>>5666460
>final subscription service.
Oh, that thing. Whatever head they use, they'll fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>5666465
I agree anon. The other thing you have to think about is the setting and mood of the work it's in. If it's a more serious show/movie/comic/etc, you might want to make the character more grounded than in something intended to be more light and cartoony. Like G1, Prime and IDW Starscream all share a lot of elements, but each one varies to fit into its universe's tone.
>>
>>5666105

There won't be that much moaning. As a whole Beast Wars were pretty show accurate from the get go barring the first season so I think most are going to weigh him more on playability anyways.
>>
>>5666472
Right of course, that's important too, and I think characters should always be modified to their setting. It's just that some characters should have traits that should always carry over, where as others can shift a bit. But I'd say it's almost like each character has a set of guidelines with various degrees of importance. And with each new series it could add or take away some guidelines for the characters and could potentially turn a nameslap nobody like Bulkhead into a bigger character. Because now, if Bulkhead shows up in some new show as a Decepticon boat minicon, obviously people wouldn't be happy.
>>
>>5666176

I want a whole line or subline of generations styled re-interpretations like we got with Rhinox, Waspinator and Rattrap.

Toy > show > back to toy is a winning formula.
>>
>>5666504
Can we get Antagony with that?
>>
>>5666502
>Because now, if Bulkhead shows up in some new show as a Decepticon boat minicon, obviously people wouldn't be happy.
As well as making Arcee a guy.
>>
>>5666018
Aside from one picture months ago, I don't think we've gotten confirmation of any version of Fort Max coming with the Master Sword.
>>
File: 300px-JetstormBMfull.jpg (33 KB, 300x516) Image search: [Google]
300px-JetstormBMfull.jpg
33 KB, 300x516
>>5666504
I wonder how they'll do this guy, if they ever do.
>>
>>5666451
>Prime started with a bang

I dunno. A lot of these shows have waay too many logical failures that make them so unbelievable. In the beginning of Prime, Megatron tricked Optimus and Ratchet into fighting in a valley full of reawakened dark energon zombies by themselves, then when they fully cleared the entire fucking valley, Optimus climbs UP a mountain towards Megatron while he watches, doesn't shoot at him or anything and just says "darn you pesky Autobots I will be victorious next time!!!" when by all accounts the Autobots should have been worn out and easily defeated. Then by the start of the next season,

Let's not mention the retardation of the G1 cartoon, the Decepticons get reactivated first when the volcano erupts and Starscream tries to destroy the Arc but Megatron tells him not to waste ammo.

Transformers shows are fucking STUPID.

But I still love the toys lol
>>
>>5666502
>if Bulkhead shows up in some new show as a Decepticon boat minicon
Isn't RiD kinda doing shit like this? I don't keep up with this series, but I think there's minicons named Bludgeon and Slipstream.

>>5666507
Yeah, nobody likes tranny Arcee, but what the fuck does that have to do with what you're responding?
>>
>>5666507
A pink Arcee (male) that has motherly personality but has a man's voice and called "he" would be pretty neat
>>
>>5666517
Arcee should sound like Dr.Girlfriend.
>>
>>5666515
I mean in-universe.
Stakes were high and an Autobot got brutally killed off on screen.
>>
Will Takara or Hasbro do something like Smallest TF or Robotmasters again?
>>
>>5666515
The entire G1 cartoon wouldn't happen if Starscream didn't accidentally wake Optimus up.
Thanks Starscream.
>>
>>5666516
Bludgeon and Slipstream I would argue are not really notable. Bludgeon is popular from some areas, but the last place he was seen was his RotF toy. If he managed to show up in Animated like they wanted, that might have helped cement him.

Hasbro could also just nameslap him so they can keep the name. Like how when they got Shockwave back, practically the first thing did was slap his name on a random minicon. So they could want to keep his name for something.
>>
>>5666356
"EVERYTHING IN TONES OF GRAY MORALITY, also there are the gays and everyone is sad or angry" isn't mature. It's a 18 years old liberal arts college student vision of the world.
>>
>>5666551
Bludgeon actually did get a nameslap(kinda) in RiD. It was a G2 Megatron repaint that was a tank, at least.
>>
>>5666515
It pissed me off more that there was an entire battlefield of dead robots for thousands of years, and no one happened to stumble across it before. There wasn't even a government agent who mentioned that they knew about that, I don't think. At least say they covered it up.
>>
>>5666558
There where no people in their empty, dead , budget CGI world to discover it.
>>
I'm just completely disappointed by Fortress Maximus:

-Has a huge head because Cerebros/Fortress is deluxe size.
-Has a few problems since its an extensive retool of Metroplex (like keeping the same arms)
-Sword, hand held gun, flip out cannons and Cog are all missing.
-Doesn't turn into a decent looking base/city
-Way higher price tag than Metroplex (FM was always going to be more expensive, but 40 more seems a bit much, specially when it also lacks tons of things, and doesn't reuse Metroplex's shoulder guns, and hand gun.

I really wanted to like it.
>>
>>5666505
That's one of the designs I would love to see done with modern engineering tricks.

>>5666511
I never realized until now just how much he would fit in with Animated's designs.
>>
>>5666056
That doesn't mean he's getting a SDCC release. He's as much a character as he is a setting.
>>
>>5666589
Metroplex, and Devastator got one, so it'd be strange if FM didn't. That being said, they only got a nicer finish, no extra weapons.
>>
>>5666391
I really wonder how they happened. Factory rejects? Mold degradation?
>>
>>5666598
I take it back, I think SDCC Metro got an extra red gun.
>>
>>5666511
>There was a perfect remold of Generations Armada starscream as Jetstorm for Botcon that was scrapped for the Combiner wars set

I hope we see it, eventually.
>>
>>5666604

I assumed it was from shifting over to indian factories but I have no idea if that already happened or not.
>>
File: ArceeExploitable.jpg (33 KB, 291x262) Image search: [Google]
ArceeExploitable.jpg
33 KB, 291x262
>>5666524
>>
>>5666616
picture?
>>
File: brainstorm-20.jpg (44 KB, 447x600) Image search: [Google]
brainstorm-20.jpg
44 KB, 447x600
>>5666511
Gen Brainstorm could work.
>>
>>5666524
Why? she doesn't smoke cy-gars
>>
File: 1322771559628.png (57 KB, 232x265) Image search: [Google]
1322771559628.png
57 KB, 232x265
>>5666649
>Why? she doesn't smoke cy-gars

>mfw
>>
>boy, what cool Transformer toy would /toy/ recommend me today?
>enter thread
>it's the /co/ Transformers general instead
>>
>>5666656
Naw, there's no gay robot picture dumping to steer discussion into the ground.
>>
>>5666656
Get cw Jack, after a few paint touches he looks btter than his fatty brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 577x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 577x537
>>5666563
>you pay 200+ for a used Gen Metroplex or never have someone to fight Trypticon
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Gangs all here
>once Bruticus arrives
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2447
>>5666673
>>
>>5666677
(Golf clap)
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2447
>>5666673
>>5666677
If this doesn't work fuck me
>>
File: Rezizza.jpg (382 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Rezizza.jpg
382 KB, 1000x750
Why is RiD so lame?
Have a parasitic bee character, is just Oprah.
>>
>>5666693
I can't beelieve it
>>
>>5666696
buzz off
>>
>>5666696
>>5666700

Those comments sting.
>>
File: Metalhawk.png (504 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
Metalhawk.png
504 KB, 500x481
>>5666511

Hm...Shared mold with Metalhawk? Just remold the arms/head?
>>
>>5666696
>>5666700
>>5666704
Hivemind
>>
>>5666620
>these people literally worship SHIT then go to work in the factories that manufacture your toys

Some how I feel like moving to India is not actually to save money but to intentionally sabotage the company.

Thanks Goldner.
>>
>>5666727
They're taking the term shitskin a little too seriously
>>
>>5666450
Blue Bluestreak.
>>
File: hillbot.jpg (118 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
hillbot.jpg
118 KB, 660x440
>>5666727
We will move manufacturing to where it's cheapest and make so much energon, and if any one calls us out, we will call them racists!
>>
File: 1381516303213.gif (641 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1381516303213.gif
641 KB, 300x230
>>5666767
Get out of the way white guy, we're moving jobs to Mexico!
>>
>>5666771
>>5666767
>>5666727
Ok, enough /pol/, let's get back to delusions that everything's ok. Since Headmasters was the last major Western G1 content to exist before The Great Transformers Depression, what do you think will be the next line's theme? (since Beast Wars doesn't seem to be all that fondly remembered) Will it be G2? Pretenders? Some other thing?
>>
>>5666784
> Beast Wars doesn't seem to be all that fondly remembered

The fact you say that a line that lasted 4-5 years and had a widely watched TV show isn't fondly remembered and yet we'll get a line based off some subline that only lasted about a year and had barely any media makes me sad.
>>
>>5666784
If there's a gimmick, I could see it being pretenders. That's one of the few left that they haven't touched on again.

They could just have no gimmick. Maybe the tentative "earth wars" is just regular transformers again. Isn't OP turning into a despot or something on earth in the comics? Maybe it's freedom-fighter deceptions and NAILS versus despotic autobots.
>>
Why was Animated Deluxe Bumblebee so bad?
>>
>>5666784
WFC/FOC were really popular. I could see a line that could go on for a few years based on those kind of re-imagined designs.
>>
>>5666800
One is the truest expression of Transformers while the other one is gay furries
>>
>>5666800
This.
Things are not okay if fucking Headmasters are getting an update before finishing Beast Wars. I'd rather have CHUG versions of Rescue Bots instead.
>>
>>5666807
Cybertronian designs are neat once in a while but years of them would be boring. Cybertronian designs fall into "just like their Earth mode, but with no windows and smoother shapes" too often.
>>
>>5666800
>>5666808
I enjoyed Beast Wars a lot, had a big collection as a kid. Seeing these new MP's gives me hope for more but it worries me that they'll go back to G1 after another 2-3 characters. I wouldn't blame them though.

>>5666808
Just because Rattrap and Dinobot had couples fights every other episode doesn't mean they were sucking the exhaust out of each other's tail pipes. They were quite unGay actually.
>>
>>5666827
>Every other character had transexual altmodes
>>
>>5666803
>Freedom fighter Decepticons vs. Fascist Autobot Optimus Prime

I don't mind if they want to change the conventions every now and then but they could at least not use Optimus as a neo-Hitler, so lame and unoriginal.

>>5666828
>Beast Wars was pushing the SJW agenda long before every one else
>>
>>5666667
But that mold is

AWFUL
>>
Next sub figure is Ruckus.
>>
>>5666842
>I don't mind if they want to change the conventions every now and then but they could at least not use Optimus as a neo-Hitler, so lame and unoriginal.
True. It just seems like what they're heading for. I wouldn't be opposed to a new "big bad" just to mix things up. Something fresh. In fact only one or two old characters and everyone else is new. Hell, do an alt reality. Oh wait, TransTech! That's what they should do. I love those designs.
>>
>>5666850
>>
>>5666854
Those old TransTech designs looked amazing, like having completely revamped engineering that would make current Generations look kid's stuff. That kind of a direction I would like to see them go in, and it could be a totally different universe.

I had another thought, maybe if they did a new show it could have Hot Rod, Springer and a bunch of other less common guys going on space adventures (different from the comics) and be a totally different setting from anything done before.
>>
>>5666854
That reminds me- I learned today that Animated Oil Slick was probably based off of Cy-Kill. Kinda rustled my jimmies that it's so rare to see fully original TF designs that aren't homaging some older character.
>>
File: Starscream-transtech.jpg (88 KB, 572x666) Image search: [Google]
Starscream-transtech.jpg
88 KB, 572x666
>>5666863
Just a wreckers show would be pretty cool. Like just going around the univers fighting not just other cybertronian but other races too. Missions and shit. Like a robot A-Team.

But yeah, TransTech... We were so close.
>>
Looking at CyKill it's not really that close. I mean, in as much as one killer motorcycle is inspired by another killer motorcycle they're similar.
>>
>>5666878
>$7.49

Goddamn, as a Canadian this makes me weep. Deluxes were about $14.99 back then.

On the upside, with all the cost increases in the past few years, we only went from about 15 to 19, whereas it seems the US went from about $8 to $18 within 4-5 years.
>>
File: tf_proto_1.jpg (72 KB, 1225x833) Image search: [Google]
tf_proto_1.jpg
72 KB, 1225x833
>>5666878
Think this was supposed to be Transtech Cheetor. So much possibility with the whole line, I think it would be a good direction to go in.

>not just another set of Earth modes
>not quite classical Cybertronian
>>
>>5666899
Yuuuup. That cheetor would have been a thing of beauty.
>>
File: 15-1[1].jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
15-1[1].jpg
39 KB, 500x500
Jesus, this blows Hasbro's figure out of the water.

Guess I'm going pure Takara for this line like I did with CW.
>>
File: merged.jpg (916 KB, 3912x1736) Image search: [Google]
merged.jpg
916 KB, 3912x1736
>>5666899
>>
>>5666850
>>5666859
ehhhhhhhhh..
>>
>>5666909
too bad it's still got that ugly Marvel Comics visor.
>>
>>5666899
>>5666910

This is pretty much Animated Blurr.
>>
>>5666909
Okay
>>
File: Metroplex1_1340256720.jpg (135 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Metroplex1_1340256720.jpg
135 KB, 960x540
>>5665978
the bigger the robot is, the smaller the head should be. it makes them seem even more massive
>>
>>5666899
I love that altmode so much, it's like the God Wing from Redline.
>>
File: 54711347_p1_master1200.jpg (758 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
54711347_p1_master1200.jpg
758 KB, 849x1200
>>5666188
>>a super realistic gorilla figure that unfolds and distorts itself to turn into a robot man
>>5666203
>We needed more BW figures that did gorey shit like Triceradon.

pic related
>>
File: 1460235108833.jpg (875 KB, 1080x852) Image search: [Google]
1460235108833.jpg
875 KB, 1080x852
>>5666949
This is why I don't like a lot of 3p offerings, the robot modes look like they're doing the equivalent of robot steroids.
>>
>>5666958
Didn't someone design a series of dinobots that are like that? With like sinew and bones and stuff.
>>
File: Snapchat-2535536381700125864.jpg (266 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2535536381700125864.jpg
266 KB, 720x1280
So I was thinking of just reselling my extra skywarp but i've started to think itd be fun to paint as another character, any fun seeker/jet ides to try?

Also wish i had some kinda purple portal looking effect pieces to do teleport poses with, anyone have suggestion of a piece that would work for that?
>>
>>5666661
>to steer discussion into the ground
Lately there isn't even that. THAT at least generated conversation about why this or that happened. Lately it's all about the twitter psychos.
>>
>>5666958
It's kinda cool that lore wise it would make sense their organic forms tore open when going not mode and regenerate in beast since the whole theme was the organic shell protected the inner bot from kryptonite
>>
>>5666988
>constantly tearing your beast mode hymen and getting blood everywhere

No, I don't think that would be very efficient in the long run.
>>
>>5666967
Generations Animated Starscream? It's got similar wings.
>>
>>5666988
I like to think of them as similar to Pretenders, having their beast mode bits being these organic grafted-on parts (but artificially grown like stem cells) to maximize (hurr hurr) their ability to disguise themselves. Or at least trick animals of the same species that they're the real deal. (God knows how that'd go with the gigantic bug predacons)
>>
So how does the timeline work for Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise?
Feels weird thinking that Chase might have decades more experience in law enforcement than Strongarm.
>>
Should I buy Cybertron Wreckloose? I like lizards, and there's not a ton of lizard TFs.
>>
>>5667025
Buy the movie version
>>
>>5667025
He feels like a BW Mold that got lost and then remade with a Cyber-key add-on a decade later, and I mean that in a very loving way.
>>
>>5667019
>God knows how that'd go with the gigantic bug predacons
Mass shifting? Or maybe a swarm like RiD Chopshop. Can you imagine Scorponok made out of a thousand normal size scorpions?
>>
>>5667019
You scare off things by being a giant bug monster like how the Pretender cons scared off by being big monsters
>>
File: Photo May 13, 5 09 36 AM.jpg (135 KB, 1305x979) Image search: [Google]
Photo May 13, 5 09 36 AM.jpg
135 KB, 1305x979
>>5666542
>Will Takara or Hasbro do something like Smallest TF or Robotmasters again?

>Smallest TF

They should definitely do WSTs again.
They go for alot of money on the after market, and Justitoys was still making them until Hasbro shut them down, so the demand is there.

I just need a WST Wheeljack to complete my Devastation Autobot team (still looking for Bee)
>>
File: Photo May 13, 5 21 23 AM.jpg (127 KB, 1305x979) Image search: [Google]
Photo May 13, 5 21 23 AM.jpg
127 KB, 1305x979
>>5667041
>>
File: Photo May 13, 5 36 11 AM.jpg (129 KB, 1305x979) Image search: [Google]
Photo May 13, 5 36 11 AM.jpg
129 KB, 1305x979
>>5667042
Here comes Sixshot to wreck everyone's shit... in the only pose his G1 toy can allow...
>>
>>5667019
>>5667035

Tarantulas' IDW incarnation has him able to mass-shift; using his small size to sneak into another bot and plant subliminal messages, and later reverse his mass-shift and become huge while still inside his head, making it burst.
>>
File: Red_Wing_profile_image.jpg (244 KB, 1024x1408) Image search: [Google]
Red_Wing_profile_image.jpg
244 KB, 1024x1408
>>5667014
Nah, already got cracker and screamer in this mold

After going through the tfw seeker list turns out the only seekers that don't have some form of toy are Acid Storm's two buddies and this guy.

Having a nice red seeker would stand out a bunch compared to all the others, but the idea of some teleport posing is growing on me
>>
File: TransformersObari.jpg (478 KB, 2368x1637) Image search: [Google]
TransformersObari.jpg
478 KB, 2368x1637
>>5666959
honestly i love that style, we dont get it enough with Transformers.
What i dont like is the ugly redesigns and over detailing. I just want G1 Transformers with anime aesthetics
>>
>>5667057
Doing that sort of stylization is getting more and more popular in Japanese mecha toys, so its weird to me that 3Ps haven't really caught on, and when they do its sort of half-hearted.
>>
>>5667062
>its weird to me that 3Ps haven't really caught on, and when they do its sort of half-hearted.

i agree completely.
The closest company - if one guy be called a company- to do that is Custom Robots, with his Revoltechs, even then there's still some Dreamwave style left over to fit in with the official TF Revoltechs
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1[1].jpg (124 KB, 688x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1[1].jpg
124 KB, 688x800
>>5666948
>this passive agressive hasbrofag response

enjoy your brown grey plastic buddy
>>
>>5667057
>What i dont like is the ugly redesigns and over detailing.

Feral Rex (NotPredaking) isn't too bad in that department.
>>
>>5667074
Okay.
>>
File: 800px-Predakingg1.jpg (176 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
800px-Predakingg1.jpg
176 KB, 800x551
>>5667085
i'm surprised no one made bigger wings for Feral Rex. TF Fans eat stuff like that up
>>
>>5667087
Psssst...hey....

Takara Blast Off...is better than...Hasbro Blast Off...
>>
>>5666850
>>5666859
He looks like like garbuge
>>
File: RobotLions.jpg (700 KB, 1641x1531) Image search: [Google]
RobotLions.jpg
700 KB, 1641x1531
>>5667089

His wings are big enough already.
>>
>>5667093
Mold-wise, mostly. But God that color scheme is horrendous.

I'm holding out hope for a Hasbro release of that mold in actual brown instead of American cheese orange.
>>
>>5667103

If they release it, it's gonna be just like Groove with 0 changes probably.
>>
>>5667093
I guess I'm in the minority that thinks Hasbro's Blastoff isn't that bad. Honestly, had they bothered to remold the head, I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I still think it's better than Takara's though (in bot mode at least). I'm not sure what Takara was going for with the brown they used, and his barrel chest looks horrible.

Takara's Strafe looks damn near perfect with though. Almost makes me wonder if the mold was originally meant for Strafe, then Takara rushed to one-up Hasbro and hodge podged together an earth shuttle mode.
>>
>>5667099
They look a bit too skinny, personally. More decorative than actually functional.
>>
>>5667093
>inb4 someone shows hatred and malice towards Takara Blast Off's titties
>>
File: 4122016232950.jpg (192 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
4122016232950.jpg
192 KB, 800x800
>>5667112
Even the unmasked head is growing on me. I'd like a brown version of the shuttle mold, but this honestly doesn't bother me much. I do wish it wasn't the firefly mold though. Either of the other two planes would have been preferable. That being said, I think Blastoff is actually my favorite version of this mold.
>>
>>5666845
RTS Wheeljack? I know, but it was the best offering at the time.
>>
File: 09-2[1].jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
09-2[1].jpg
47 KB, 500x500
How can anyone look at this Wheelie and not go

>damn...it looks like Takara wins again...
>>
>>5667129
It does look better. But they're more expensive. That's the trade off. Like always. Since the beginning of toys. There's not even a discussion to be had.
>>
>>5667129
I miss the robot guy. At least he was entertaining.
>>
>>5667045
>keep on sixchangin'
>>
>>5667122
I gave him a firefly head and he looks really nice, love the purple.
>>
>>5667133
I'd rather save up and have a collection full of good looking toys than a half assed collection of cheap hasbro shit.
>>
>>5666402
That's not a joke, that's the truth.
>>
>>5667143
>this wouldnt have cost Hasbro a dime yet it looks a million times better

i like to defend Hastak, they get alot of shit, but this decision still makes no sense.
>>
>>5667147
And that's fine. You can literally do whatever you want. It doesn't matter.
>>
I just ordered mp-22. What am I in for, /toy/?
>>
>>5665970
I can see him being a bit of a panel-former like AoE "Stealth" Optimus.
>>
>>5667151
Well this way they released the Slingshot head to mass retail, I used it for a custom Slingshot for a friend who couldn't get quickslinget at a decent price.
>>
>>5666909
I'm not getting either. Leader size Blaster is laughable. Sticking with Soundmixer.
>>
>>5666267
I hate, hate, hate the Bayformer movies yet I love the figures. Weird.
>>
File: Oh Boy Here We Go Chii.jpg (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh Boy Here We Go Chii.jpg
67 KB, 800x600
>>5666072
>>
>>5666262
I love the concept, especially the way the entire tank turret transforms into the right arm, but the toy itself is kinda shitty.
>>
>>5666262
Haven't people bullshitted a third mode out of the leftover crap on this mold?
>>
>>5667218
You idiot we could've gone the whole thread without a reply
>>
>>5666077
>I really wish Hasbro would take Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt and paint them up like the BW counterparts.

But there would still be two more members needed.

First Aid can be Santon, a medic.

Since Skywarp would cause problems, use his Korean name, Skyhawk. Use either the UW Armada Thrust retooling or the UW Blastoff to get the most out of the toolings
>>
>>5667280
I'd use other G1 characters that got used in Beast era fiction to round out the team. Grimlock for one(maybe with a car mode as an alternators homage). No idea who could be the last one.
>>
>>5666921
Careful you don't cut yourself on your own edginess there, sport
>>
>>5666921

Wow.

It's been how many years, and you're STILL butthurt about the guy?

That's so sad.
>>
>>5667133
HLJ has this wheelie for $12 with goshooter vs $10 american retail with no bonus headmaster if the exchange rate stays where it is right now just get it from them and ship it with some other shit and it's literally the same fucking price because you get an extra thing
>>
>>5667338
Overseas shipping.
>>
>>5667343
It's no different than domestic shipping really, just takes longer if you want the inexpensive shipping. Maybe where you live is different than where I live but I usually spend more than $5 in gas driving around hunting for Transformers so this is no contest for me.
>>
>>5667093

Perhaps, But on it's own merit Hasbro Blastoff is still pretty good.

Perfect four Machine Robo Rescue using Cyclonus
>>
>>5667354
>But on it's own merit Hasbro Slingshot camouflaged using poop is still pretty good.

No it isn't.
>>
>>5667313
>'d use other G1 characters that got used in Beast era fiction to round out the team.

You ARE aware that Santon and Skywarp were actually members of the BWII version of Magnaboss, right?

My idea is better
>>
File: SureCeeJin.jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
SureCeeJin.jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>>
>>5667359

Yes it most certainly is.
>>
>>5667338
So why did they call Siren Go-Shooter anyway?
>>
>>5667376
Because it's a different character, Siren and GoShooter use the same mold.
>>
>>5667379
Diff between Siren and GoShooter is that one is grey and the other's white and some different stickers. It's nothing major but they are different dudes.
>>
File: 1449845704880.gif (884 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
1449845704880.gif
884 KB, 245x150
>>5666717
>>
>>5667112
I don't think you're in the minority, it's just that the people who have a problem with it are very loud.
>>
I feel like getting a 6-legged Spider girl
Should I get the purple and green version, the purple and yellow version, the red and black version, or the pink version?
>>
>>5666375
Did Prime "tank"? Series seemed to do alright and had an actual conclusion despite behind the scenes drama with Rik the Dick. Certainly felt like it got a better treatment than most TF shows ever did and is technically still around since RID is a sequel and not a reboot.
>>
>>5667396
Who?
>>
>>5666800
It's fondly remembered but not enough. Nearly every BW homage figure has kinda stuck around on pegs in their respective lines, and a good chunk of us don't really give a shit about Beast Wars. Like, it's fine to get the occasional homages, but going full on BW theming for a year could potentially backfire for Hasbro so it's totally understandable why they won't do it.

Most of the franchise has been cars and jets so I totally understand why they want to stick with that, with the occasional robot animal. If anything I want to see more items. ROTF was awesome for giving us unconventional vehicles as well as a fucking toaster and microscope Transformers. Felt like the first true revival of the franchise's beginnings.
>>
>>5666878
Never really saw the appeal of these figures myself and am so glad the franchise went with Armada on.
>>
>>5667430
They were a weird special kind of 90s over the top x-treme that TF didn't really experience except maybe in TM and TM2, I think they are a little bloated but endearing.
>>
>>5667095
Well of course. He's a) a CW figure and b) a Funpub figure.
>>
>>5667212
Nothing odd about that, I'd say. The biggest criticism of Bayformers is usually their poor writing, unlikeable characters, long runtimes, and vertigo-inducing action scenes. You can certainly love an action figure and ignore all that, especially since Bayformer years tend to have some crazy engineering and high budgets.
>>
>>5667420
Prime did well in terms of ratings and acclaim, but it hemorrhaged money throughout its run and never got anywhere near the ambition of "this will be the first grand step into our media empire." They were planning to make it be the flagship of a massive ten-year plan for an aligned continuity that would contain everything from GI Joe to MASK.

As for RID, it airs at seven in the morning on weekdays, which is Cartoon Network's way of saying "we're gonna cancel you in a month."
>>
>>5667516
>Bayformer years tend to have some crazy engineering and high budgets.
Up until Dark of the Moon, yes.
>>
>>5667519
CN has been running RID for over a season and it will finish out season 2, which is unheard of for a show that they are so obviously trying to kill.
>>
File: Warrior_Paralon_th.jpg (41 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Warrior_Paralon_th.jpg
41 KB, 208x200
Speaking of RID, who else is hyped for the upcoming Paralon toy?
It's apparently going to be a retool of RID Scorponok that pays homage to the Beast Wars character.
>>
>>5666020
>>5666028

I like it. Go big or go home, I say.
>>
>>5667089
Crazy Devy did.
>>
File: Titan comparison.jpg (185 KB, 929x660) Image search: [Google]
Titan comparison.jpg
185 KB, 929x660
>>5666082

The new one is bigger than the old one, though.
>>
>>5667549
Silly tiny hands
>>
>>5667570
Warden told me at Botcon that they literally put no effort into the RID stuff.
>>
>>5666784

MOAR ANIMATED.

Fuck the haters that line was gorgeous and the molds were practically works of art. Those Tomy designers stepped up to the matt and instantly made everyone else look like shit, especially the new design team. They're still catching up and I don't think we'll ever see a more articulate line.

> inb4 muh qa.
All those issues were easily rectified with either future or a nail file. Compare that to some of the shit we're seeing these days like Rattraps's flimsy almost transparent plastic or that generation blitzwing abomination.

> inb4 kiddie shit
Fuck off in every other line minimalism is praised to high heaven yet if it's not greebled up enough for you it's literally cancer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.