[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revoltech General: Mark XLV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92
File: revoim45.jpg (95 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
revoim45.jpg
95 KB, 800x800
Is anyone going to be won over by Revoltech's newest Iron Man over the competition?

>APRIL
Otomo Airou (Monster Hunter)

>MAY
Melynx (Monster Hunter)
Otomo Felyne (Monster Hunter)
Go-Shogun
Go-Shogun (Special)

>JUNE
Dark Magician (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Yugi Muto (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Sakamoto (Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto)

>JULY
Seto Kaiba (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)
Blue Eyes Alternate White Dragon (Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions)

>TBA
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Dino Equipment
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Bonda Natsunosuke (Gurazeni)
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Beat (Jet Set Radio) - 2016
Baikanfu (Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos)
Iron Man Mark XLV (Age of Ultron)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins) - 2016
66' Batmobile with Batman & Robin
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
Legion (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris

>Assemble Borg
Jarkroid - Volga / Walze
3-in-1 Bike

Previous >>5603503
>>
>>5639496
This is actually the first time I'm excited about import iron man. Iron man always feel revoltechy in his movement because he's a man in a suit. Will probably wait for review first though
>>
Hey OP, could you have at least updated the list before posting?
>>
File: MonsterHunterDamnit.jpg (79 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
MonsterHunterDamnit.jpg
79 KB, 500x503
>mfw contemplating buying the various MH monsters/hunters

Anyone have them here? I need like, some good personal opinions on if they're worth it, and which ones.
>>
Definitely interested in this guy,love the way he looks and his accessories.
>>
>>5639496
I feel conflicted about it. I like the sculpt, but I think the color scheme could have been better. I might get it eventually, but I probably won't preorder it.
>>
File: large.jpg (156 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
156 KB, 1024x576
>>5639762
I have Zinogre. Looks very nice in display but with all non-humanoid/bipedal monster figures you don't exactly have lots of poses you can put them in and most of your regular Figma/Revoltech scale human figures are going to be taller than them. With Zinogre though you can make it stand upright by leaning it on its tail and backlegs, so you have some extra flexibility there.
>>
File: 1347771198719.jpg (91 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1347771198719.jpg
91 KB, 480x640
>>5639762
The hunters are totally worth it. Too bad they're a bit overpriced now
>>
File: 1461988731670.jpg (11 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
1461988731670.jpg
11 KB, 313x470
Since I arrived quite late in the other thread, I'll repost my question:

l'm thinking of buying two of this guy to have a six armed badass, is it worth it? l can find it for around 4000 yen now.
Also, normal or rust color?
>>
>>5639810
>>5639892

Well, I could get most of them for a fair-ish price. Thats why I'm asking. They have the new-style joints right?
>>
>>5639767
I appreciate finally getting Revos that scale with other lines. Amiami has him listed at 170mm. Also the weirdly dull gold makes me feel a little Silver Centurion about him, which I can appreciate.
>>
>>5640099
I've heard they're super fragile. Plus they have the smaller joints which can wear out/become floppy pretty easy.
>>
>>5639788
Same.
I'll wait for some in hand pics to judge.
I really like the look though. Feels more robotic than the figuart.
>>
So can anyone explain what's happening to revoltech? Now I think there are two? active lines, the Vulcanlog (with Venom Snake, MH stuff) and the Movie ones (Ultron, Stitch).

What happens to Takeya (the Jap gods), Yamaguchi, and Queens Blade. Are they all kill?
>>
>>5639496
I prefer playing with Revo IM than SHF IM because I can pose without worrying parts touching and scratching off paint or making dents.

I really wish figuarts will use soft plastic for the outer crotch piece. Like they did with Fujiko.

45 Revo looks good and has that new moving hip armors that lets the leg go up higher so should be fun to pose. IM hip articulation is always a challenge due to the design. So far Yamaguchi did it best with the Minis. Figuarts breaks the form with the whole thigh moving out.
>>
>>5641775
VulcanLog are produced by UC, and Yamaguchi is more involved in that line now as an articulation supervisor role. I assume he gets the solid figure and cuts it up to place the right joints in.

No pure Yamaguchi line, but like Snake and Ultron I assume he will make some new figures in the future.

Kaiyodo has Takeya, Movie and Character Revoltechs at the moment. Soon will be getting bunch of Gamera reissues and a new G3 one.

Takeya is kicking, we are getting Samurai Skeletons.

Anything else is discontinued, with slight chance of coming out again as Legacy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1792x1280) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148 KB, 1792x1280
U knoe
>>
File: notwhatyouthink.jpg (23 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
notwhatyouthink.jpg
23 KB, 600x338
Last thread had this pic and anon amused it was a new Revo? The knight for Horse maybe?

No it's just another capsule figure from another company, Epoch I think. Little robot dude.
>>
File: 1461984164087.jpg (128 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461984164087.jpg
128 KB, 800x800
>>5639496
WHY? I'm still triggered by the SHF Pikachu wrist
>>
So is the figure actually capable of this pose? In-hand pics I've seen may suggest that it's not.
>>
>>5641932
Yes. Many who have not touched Yamaguchi figure or Japanese figures in general bought this guy so they probable didn't know how to pose him properly.
>>
>>5641775
the thing about takeya is that his stuff is not sold under the "revoltech" name anymore, even if it still uses the same joints (it even has a co pletely different site).

it's under the "jizai okimono" name now, even though the yet to be released samurai skeleton seems not to be under this name.

I wish they were a bit more consistent about this kind of crap, it's difficult to keep track of everything.
>>
>>5641775
Friendly reminder that "Jap" is a derogatory term.
>>
>>5642307
friendly reminder that you should go back to tumblr
>>
File: REV1.jpg (459 KB, 800x880) Image search: [Google]
REV1.jpg
459 KB, 800x880
>>5640099
Tried to answer you last thread. I like it but I had to do some re engineering such as using a clear coat to tighten joints and a dremel to loosen some. I have one but I'm waiting for 2 more stuck in shipping hell. The base is actually a container for all the accessories which I thought is awesome. If you choose to get them. If your only displaying them go with rust. If you actually plan on doing shit with them go colour.
>>
>>5642307
jap is literally just a derogatory term in the states, int he rest of the world is the equivalent of saying brit for british or br for brasilians, kindly shove it up your ass you prick
>>
>>5642390
Not him, but you'd be retarded to think the Japanese wouldn't take offense at a slur used for them during WW2.
>>
>>5642390
It's a derogatory tern in Japan too...
>>
File: DSC_0031.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0031.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
What if Evangelion in Russia?
>>
>>5641810
Off topic-- but I tried searching for the robot, and I'm coming up with nothing. Any suggestions?
>>
File: FIGURE-018928_03.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018928_03.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>5639496
I actually like a little sculpted details they added on but the paint apps is throwing it off for me for some reason.
>>
>>5641818
The Figuarts of this design does the same thing, I think.
>>
>>5642532
it's here, http://www.toyark.com/marvel-universe-4-japanese-figures-only-compatibility-thread-168022-page6/
little go kart dude, I wish it was a knight for the horse though...
>>
How does one get a revo joint thats stuck out?

Got a QB Sigui whose leg revo's are stuck in the legs themselves, won't turn, meaning I can't turn the legs at the thighs. Tried pulling, but they're in there super tight.
>>
>>5642581
Boil up some water, dunk the whole leg in for like 20 seconds. That'll soften everything up.
>>
So I bought an Enki as my first revo. Not a fan of the show but wanted a fun robo warrior to fiddle with. Is he decent or did I buy one of the shittier revoltech figures?
>>
File: NotClever.png (14 KB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
NotClever.png
14 KB, 260x200
>>5642587
>boiling water

That won't like, melt the leg or damage the paint will it?

>>5642589

Dunno about Enki, but I have all of the ZOE revo's, and they're amazing. Or so I think.
>>
>>5642387
>>5640099
thanks.

in the end I ordered them on amazon (I'm in japan), got 2 rusts.
I'll have to wait a little because they weren't already in stock, but I could save 1000 yen on each, so whatever.

I'll report back when I get them, hopefully by next week
>>
>>5642591
In my experience, it'll take off the wash but not the paint.
>>
>>5642401
>>5642404
as a matter of fact, no, they wouldn't even know that's a derogatory term unless they're 90 years old, or war otakus
>>
>>5642589

Not a terrible in the grand scheme of things, but still one of the significantly older revos. If you can, try to pick up one of the newer ones. I'd say that revoltech has grown/improved in terms of engineering moreso than most other toylines within the last 5 years.
>>
>>5642596

Ahh, I guess I'll just leave it then. The QB revo's are a lot of bare skin with a wash on it, losing that'll make a lot of it just plain plastic. It affects the poseability, but not so badly I can't work around it.
>>
File: IMG_4250.jpg (643 KB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4250.jpg
643 KB, 1728x1296
>>5642408
Snake can if you really commit to it.
I got him in the pose better after this pic tho.
>>
File: LossOfFaith.png (280 KB, 671x747) Image search: [Google]
LossOfFaith.png
280 KB, 671x747
>>5642626
>mfw all I want is a regular size MGS1 Snake figure
>the only fucking Snake figures are Big Boss/NotBoss/MGS2 Snake

Being an MGS fan is suffering sometimes. I mean, the mini apparently isn't that bad, but he is just plain smaller than the rest of the MGS figs out there.
>>
>>5642640
he is fun though.
>>
>>5642581
Hair dryer?
>>
>>5642644
Not him but it's a slippery slope. Now that you have him, you gotta have Grey Fox, Venom Snake, the Horse, maybe some GI Joe mooks, then 1/18 tanks, 1/18 Hind D helicopter and in the end there will be 500 bucks hole in your pocket. That's why people are kind of reluctant with switching scale.

I told myself that I'm gonna get Guts RAH just because he's Guts, but now I have Kenshiro and Chun Li and I am $400 poorer.
>>
>>5642650
Seems like an odd statement. Why not just settle for your personal favorites and leave it at that? Not everything leads to a slippery slope.
>>
>>5642650
nah, I have solid and venom and that's it. they're too big for gi joes so it's not even possible to mix them.
>>
>>5642650
>Not him but it's a slippery slope

You're telling me.

>one day saw ZOE revo's
>went "Hey, I love those"
>buy them
>see QB revo's
>"Oh shit lewd tittymonsters with sculpted naughty bits and wacky accessories?"
>now have like 6 or 7 of them
>eyeing MH revo's
>eyeing MGS revo's
>eyeing Kenshiro revo's

Fuck, help me I'm poor as fuck and can't afford doing this but they're soooooo nicely done.
>>
>>5642598
It's commonly used in media when portraying assface Americans. Like you see them saying "Fackin Japs!" in the background or something. I think people over 20 are at least aware it is a bad term. You don't have to be there in person to know something like slavery or concentration camps and shit happened, you learn it in schools or see it in movies.
>>
>>5642606
Heat it up with hair dryer. Will just soften the plastic nothing more.
>>
>>5643427
and l'm saying, l do live in japan, and nobody knows that word's meaning.

nobody uses it as a derogatory term, japanese people dont take offense.

to sum it up, who cares.
>>
>>5643568
Hm. I grew up there in the 90's, only hang out with older relatives and friends of my age in Japan when I'm there.

Yeah they wont be offended by it but I still say more people know than you may think, so not a good impression maker if used in conversation or chat, especially around older folks. That's all.
>>
File: CgoBUzsU4AEXU1E.jpg (19 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CgoBUzsU4AEXU1E.jpg
19 KB, 600x338
Haven't checked on Yamaguchi's Twitter for a while but Melynx is looking pretty good. It's nice that both releases are right next to each other by a month.
>>
File: CgoBWG8VEAAEwe0.jpg (27 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CgoBWG8VEAAEwe0.jpg
27 KB, 600x338
>>5643590
I would love to see a revo First Order Storm Trooper at some point.
>>
>>5643592
I think Kaiyodo got off that boat once Bandai got super into SW. They usually avoid direct competition.
>>
Do the Legacy Iron Men have improved joints?
>>
>>5639762
I had the chance to pick up both the zinogre armor and rathalos(?) armors at my local weeb shop, but slept on them cause i wasn't playing the game at that time so justifying spending 54$ on each was out of the picture.

>>5639892
>tfw a zinogre backflips and smacks you with it's tail to make you faint.
>>
File: black and white goldman face.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
black and white goldman face.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>5643592
>RULES OF NYAATURE
>>
>>5643861
Yes. Makes the biggest difference for Mark 42.
>>
>>5643586
well, the 90's were 20 years ago

but anyway, japanese people dont speak any decent english, so you dont even get the chance to actually say that word lol
>>
>>5643896
Agreed they will miss it completely spoken at regular speed. Watching people on TV struggling with basic English in interviews or quiz shows is so tough to watch.
>>
File: Porgo01458923598.png (2 MB, 1285x1505) Image search: [Google]
Porgo01458923598.png
2 MB, 1285x1505
Anyone have a say on this variant of the dragon? Managed to find it at 15k but it seems to be a longer version that was sold at Wonfest.

Not super interested into buying it at that price but just surprised is all.
>>
File: AyCaramba.jpg (55 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
AyCaramba.jpg
55 KB, 576x432
>>5643896
>well, the 90's were 20 years ago

Fuck, they really were. Stop making me feel old Anon. Next you'll be telling me it isn't the 80's anymore.
>>
>>5643901
l'm an english teacher, imagine what l have to deal with, daily.
l have junior high english >>5643936
teachers who study where l teach, they can't have even a basic conversation..

>>5643936
it's fine to be old, what matters is how you feel!
>>
>>5643934
lol for that price you could buy three normal dragons and assemble them to make a two kilometers long one, and two head and tail minions
>>
>>5643987
>teachers who study where l teach, they can't have even a basic conversation..

Sounds like the average US school. Kids are fucking morons, teachers are giant kids.
>>
>>5643990
That's what I figured. For an exclusive release I thought it would be a little more.
>>
>>5644007
what it says is only that it's 1.5 times longer, l guess it has multiple of the same segments to make it longer, doesn't seem to have any special part
>>
>>5644024
They talked about it on the stream show around the time of WF.

They actually opened up their stock and one by one assembled the longer version lol.
Not sure how many people they used but no wonder they only had a limited number.
>>
>>5643994
teaching here l figured out that one of the reasons they have a hard time studying foregin languages is that they don't study grammar when they study japanese (which is mainly studying words/kanji)

that way you get adults who don't know what a verb or an adjective is, good luck learning a language..
they think english grammar is difficult, while it's one of the most basics out there, and l'm not talking about fancy stuff, they can't put a fucking "s" after a verb in third person.

l'm italian, we're not famous for having a good english, but my junior high english level was the same of those teachers l was talking about.
>>
>>5644031
l dont understand, they reassembled some nornal ones to have a "special" version? wow
>>
>>5644032
>they can't put a fucking "s" after a verb in third person.
Hahaha I have that problem. I bounced between two countries so often not sure if I ever properly learned either one anymore.

>>5644036
Yup that's what I've heard. Sounded like they did it in-house too and not at some Chinese factory,,, Crazy bastards. Not even sure why they did it.
>>
>>5643934
I would not buy that version, if it comes apart good luck getting the segments back in the correct order
>>
File: Cokesplosion.png (227 KB, 529x359) Image search: [Google]
Cokesplosion.png
227 KB, 529x359
>tfw just spent $400 on revo's

Sweet fuck I am retarded and poor. But at least I'll have toys.

QB Nanel, MGR Raiden (white armor), the Rathlos/Zinogre Hunters, and the Rathelos, plus both Zinogre colors (Zinogre is one of my favorites).
>>
>>5644433
Will you play with them?
>>
>>5644443

Of course. Thats what they're there for.
>>
File: AssumingDirectControl.png (14 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
AssumingDirectControl.png
14 KB, 223x200
>>5644433
>they shipped already
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 246x205
Does anyone have the ardjet Revol from zone of the Enders?
Pic related
>>
File: Ardjet.jpg (313 KB, 1125x1373) Image search: [Google]
Ardjet.jpg
313 KB, 1125x1373
>>5646719

I do.
>>
>>5646769
Is it worth the money?
I've never played the game but I'm interested in the look.
>>
>>5646783

I loved the games, and she's usually pretty cheap. I think I snagged her off Amazon a while back for $28-35 or so. Her giant coffin cape can be removed if it gets in the way, and so can the two big black/gold parts at the ends of the cape if you want most of it on there but not all of it.

She's as poseable as you'd expect from most revo's, though the bigass cape does get in the way because it is just two big chunks of plastic. But hey, since it's removeable and poseable to an extent, it's not that much of a problem.

The only real problem I have with her is theres really no good place to slot the stand for her with the cape on. As you might be able to see, it slots into some back flaps on the cape, but given they're also jointed, her weight can cause her to tilt if you don't balance it right. It also has another connection you can LOOSELY let it rest on, but I do mean loosely. It should slot in fine without her big cape thing on though, as I think the hole the entire cape piece slots into also serves as a stand hole if you don't have the entire cape piece slotted into her.

I don't mean to make her sound bad or anything, because she's a fine figure. Just, you know, the cape is something you gotta work with a bit so she takes a bit more effort to pose if you leave it on.
>>
is there a site that shows all the latest revoltech coming out?
>>
>>5646836

The OP has the latest, unless you're asking about pics to go with those announcements. Also the line is pretty split up at the moment because I guess it's just too fucking hard for the Japanese to just call the damn things "Revoltech (figure name and number here".
>>
>>5646800
I found it helps to use a Tamashii Stand and plug them into both holes on her cap. Just one and you get tilt issues.
>>
File: ZoneOfTheEndersRevoltech.jpg (847 KB, 2593x1441) Image search: [Google]
ZoneOfTheEndersRevoltech.jpg
847 KB, 2593x1441
>>5646845

Yeah I've got some extra Act 5's around here somewhere, but I use'em for some of my other, standless figures so I can't quite dedicate just one to Ardjet.

I hear the newer Vulcanlog revo's come with a new type of stand thats really good, maybe whenever I get a Tigrex (or Venom, does the vulcan Venom come with the newer stand type?) I'll just use that stand for my Ardjet and give the older style stand to another figure.
>>
>>5646840
I think they started to suffer the stigma of the brand name? Don't think they are that hated in Japan but people anywhere are basically the same so I imagine many didn't like them. So they keep trying different names perhaps.

Maybe there are data that new series name boosts sales, like makes people think what's new about it. I feel like Bandai did that too much that they then unified a few.

>>5646836
Any sites that sells them? Searching by company names (Kaiyodo, Union Creative, sometimes mistakenly Sentinel) is probably easier.
>>
>>5646858
Venom Snake has a good stand.
Does the Revo Mk VII have a peg hole for the old Revo stands? I know it doesn't come with one, but I have a spare.
>>
>>5646929

What stigma?

Or do you just mean that the earlier revo's had shit joints, so people didn't catch on they fixed that?
>>
>>5646943
Yeah like many people once they got a bad figure will just ditch the series all together, not aware of any improvements made along the years because they assume it's all the same.

Which is somewhat true for SHF, figma, SAS...so you don't expect the changes Revoltechs go through over the years.
>>
File: ChROr1nUgAA3qj2.jpg (44 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
ChROr1nUgAA3qj2.jpg
44 KB, 600x454
Not Revoltech but we had capsule stuff before. I don't think they are poseable, but still pretty cool

Capsule 1/35 Maschinen Krieger SASF from Kaiyodo.
>>
File: ChROtFRVEAA_X08.jpg (30 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
ChROtFRVEAA_X08.jpg
30 KB, 600x460
>>5647029
>>
>>5642542
How tall will he be?
>>
>>5647185
I'd imagine it to be roughly Ultron's.
>>
>>5647185
Most listings say 17 cm (6.7 in)
>>
Anyone here have any of those "Assemble borgs"? I just saw some and they look really cool. How are they? Worth buying a few?
>>
>>5646943
>what stigma

a couple years back there were a few anons on this board who would talk shit any time that a revoltech figure was even mentioned. "click click click" they would say, and just relentlessly bash anything about the figures.

I personally have been casually collecting revoltech figures since the line started. has to be over 15 years ago now. they have always been relatively good figures especially for back then. I always loved them but I will admit that the anons here made me dislike them.

i recently have begun to re-appreciate the line as i think many other anons here have as well
>>
File: IMG_20160503_205002.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160503_205002.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
I love Revos because of the crazy pose they allow. Revo got a bad rep because at neutral, their figure especially the humans or anime doesn't look that great
>>
File: 1462071425593.jpg (687 KB, 1995x1822) Image search: [Google]
1462071425593.jpg
687 KB, 1995x1822
>>5647484
They look fine if you know what you're doing
>>
>>5647484
>Revo got a bad rep because at neutral, their figure especially the humans or anime doesn't look that great

90% of figures look like shit standing listlessly around though. I really dislike when collectors just bunch up their shelves and have everything standing like a bunch of people waiting for a burger at McDonald's.
>>
>>5647484
>Revo got a bad rep because at neutral, their figure especially the humans or anime doesn't look that great

Really, I think it's because of the weirdass articulation. I still remember people coming into the revol general and bitching about how hard snake and raiden were to pose. And I honestly can't even disagree, I think it's the line's biggest weakness, or at least yamaguchi's in particular. Ultron and V snake would have been perfect if not for the retarded hips.
>>
>>5647518

As someone who has had revo's only for a short time, I honestly think people are just retarded.

You turn the ball for the direction you want. Then you turn the limb to face how you want it. Thats it. Thats really too hard for people?
>>
>>5647533
Revo joints doesn't work like real life joint. You need to finagle them through awkward angles to make it look remotely natural. As a result, they also don't "play" well if you're still into those kind of things
>>
>>5647484
>>5647488
>>5647501

revo joints are a love or hate thing, but honestly, do you even need such range?
do you really need your figure to be able to suck its feet? with the downside of not being able to nornally stand because that shit clicking crap wont just stay in the position you leave it in.

as for the sculpt, takeya's stuff is wonderful, everything else is decent to crap, especially human faces.

everyone keeps saying raiden best revoltech, but holy hell, his face is awful, he looks like an angry old woman.
>>
Please tell me there's some kind of twist to Sakamoto.
>>
>>5647571
>do you even need such range?
Please get the fuck outta here. I hate this argument so much.
>>
>>5647418
>over 15 years ago now
Line started like 2006. There were Kiyodo action figures before then though that were really good.

The argument was always ratchets joints are fixed at certain angles thus can't get subtle angles thus can't pose thus garbage. Which pissed me off because if you actually owned a Revoltech and well have half a brain you know you can get subtle adjustments via rotation of the pegs of the joints or via cut joints. Like anons normally complain they couldn't make the revo stand because ratchet angles...so stupid.

I don't see that anymore because folks actually handled them before typing.
>>
>>5647394
Revoltech Lego basically. Go for it.
>>
File: revoltech IM Mk1.jpg (152 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
revoltech IM Mk1.jpg
152 KB, 640x958
>>5647584
he's right though.

A lot of people don't really care as long as it's still poseable and Revoltechs have usually provided really great looking figures.
>>
>>5647394
Definitely get the humanoid ones. Support vehicle types are fun too but only with some type of the humanoid ABs.
>>
>>5639496
is stitch worth the price?
>>
>>5647627
If you like Stitch and since there are no other action figure of him like this, sure.
He has no ratchets too if that turns you away.
>>
File: Oqgdlyl.jpg (971 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
Oqgdlyl.jpg
971 KB, 1836x3264
>>5647620
I guess, but I always want my figures to be as flexible as possible. I absolutely hate limitations, and owing Revos has actually kind of soured collecting other figures for me. I can't just do whatever I want with say a Marvel Legend or NECA like I can with a Revo.

>inb4 Ultron's hip joints are shit
>>
Hey, so what happened to the mini line? Did it sell poorly? It just kinda disappeared.
>>
>>5647571
>but honestly, do you even need such range?
>do you really need your figure to be able to suck its feet?

Yes, I mean, if I'm buying a figure, I'm looking at two things: Sculpt quality, and articulation, and one won't do without the other.
>>
>>5647571
>need such range?
That's like saying do you even need explosives in FPS or magic in RPG. Yeah it's more fun when range of articulation is great.

Problem was the style of Yamaguchi sculpt, especially for those who cares about screen accuracy. Because he works backwards, from the action poses he wants to have, the figures ends up posing outwards than inwards.

Over the years though he got to a good balance though. Face sculpts can still be off to many but he is not awful at it. Kinnikuman and Iron Man War Machine Minis were better than SHF heads. Reycal looks fine so he can do anime heads too.

I was surprised when everyone seemed to enjoy Ultron, even just from photos. It has every element of Yamaguchi that people bitched about...
>>
>>5647641
Yeah it did I guess, gets decent discounts on amazon Japan.

I think it had 3 problems. I really really like them but I think they got off track.

1. Scale was too adventurous. People didn't like smaller figures today (even though they are similar size to early Revos)

2. Selection was too Yamaguchi. It was his line so had all his favorites, but besides MGS they weren't popular enough. Not sure why but I have similar taste with Yamaguchi.

3. Price and quality went too high. Initial Minis were pretty cheap because they had minimal paint and accessories. But later I guess to boost sales they made the Minis "better" with more options and more paint, end up in the 4000 yen range. People don't like smaller figures that are just as expensive as the 1/12 ones.

That's my personal analysis. I think they should've kept them more simple and kept price below 3500 yen. Also their marketing was poorly done, I think many to this day thinks they use revolver joints. Shame because their joint system and poseability are just amazing.

Many big stores like Yodobashi Camera didn't even get them or got very few in stock from the start for some weird reason, and that can't be good.

Also they were stuck with the muscular men body type, should've done some female or robots too. If he made a classic robot base body, like Mazinger type, he could've made so many super robots with the increased range of the Mini joints. I really wish it took off.
>>
>>5647639
it's the shoulders that killed ultron for me
damn things keep popping off
>>
Maybe stupid question, but how do the figma set pieces (like the school set with the desks) scale with revo's? I don't own any figma's but I do have quite a few revo's.
>>
>>5647756
Really? Mine haven't popped once since I got him.
>>
>>5647756
The 6mm double joints? They are in too tight then heat up the area with the joints in to loosen the grip on the pegs. Solves it right away.
>>
>>5647656
if you're looking for sculpt quality, revoltech would be your last choice 90% of times.
>>
>>5647702
Thanks for the reply. But yeah I only ended up getting mgs snake nothing else really got me interested just seemed like a wasted opertunity.
>>
>>5647667
l guess it's actually a difference in how we see things, because l never use explosives in fps, and rarely use magic in rpgs ahah
>>
>>5647774
will try this when i get home from work, kinda wish they used the pegs with the cap like those on the wrists
>>
>>5647791
I only have a few revoltechs, but all of mine have great sculpt quality. Bad articulation for most of them, but great sculpt quality
>>
>>5647622
Have any recommendations for them? I want them as cyborg enemies etc for posing.
>>
File: Siona1385982322.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Siona1385982322.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
>>5647791
I don't know. Those Takeya revos always caught my eye whenever I see them. Plus my Rathalos Hunter has some of my favorite sculpting on a figure at this scale (The great sword definitely surprised me.)
>>
>>5647894
Nexus and Armoroid for sure.

Second generation guys are good too, especially the bad guys. Devil's Blood, Acid Worm and Torture Mania. If you see "Last Run" AB guy he is fun too though very basic.
>>
>>5647791
Again, stigma of the series. Non-Yamagushi Revos all have top quality sculpt and paint job.
>>
File: AB.jpg (208 KB, 1232x600) Image search: [Google]
AB.jpg
208 KB, 1232x600
>>5647894
>>5647921
So visually, good place to start are these.
>>
>>5647952
That's really helpful. That entire bottom row catches my eye, as well as the black one with many faces/chest pieces.
>>
Since I see them around so often (and they're apparently bootlegged to hell and back), how are the revo Star Wars figures? The actual ones, not the bootlegs. Specifically, Vader, Boba, and especially the Stormtroopers?
>>
>>5647952
i have acid worm and i love the ugly little guy
>>
>>5647915
l have them all, and they're the 10% l was talking about
>>
File: tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg (82 KB, 675x556) Image search: [Google]
tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg
82 KB, 675x556
>>5648136
>they're the 10% l was talking about
I remember when it was the inverse.

Fucking Yamaguchi is poisoning the line.

Even great sculpts like this are shat up by the articulation
>>
>>5648162

...What is wrong with those other than being the new-ish style turtle designs?
>>
>>5648169
the super obvious shoulder joints making them look like they're always hunching.
>>
>>5648162
i really hate the lack of neck for the turtles
>>
File: figma-300-King-Leonidas-218.jpg (42 KB, 592x890) Image search: [Google]
figma-300-King-Leonidas-218.jpg
42 KB, 592x890
>>5647571
>everything else is decent to crap, especially human faces.
Even figma struggle to do realistic human face. Indy, Leonidas, and even Snake all had rough realistic faces.
>>
>>5648608

Snake's figma face looks like trash. How did they fuck it up so bad?
>>
>>5648772
Making human face is hard, especially with small scale. There's a reason why NECA is 7". The extra size makes a huge difference
>>
>>5648818

It doesn't have to look spot on human, it has to look like the character in question is the thing. Snake's face doesn't look much like Snake.

The revo Venom is probably the best looking Snake figure because he looks damn spot on to the game, which is ironic given Venom isn't actually Big Boss or Solid.
>>
File: blasphemy.png (1 MB, 1362x768) Image search: [Google]
blasphemy.png
1 MB, 1362x768
>>5648849
Motorcycle Big Boss when?
>>
>>5648933

More like Vulcanlog MGS1 Solid Snake and MGS3 Naked Snake when? Seriously, figma's is the MGS2 outfit and has an ugly face, Venom isn't BB, and the PW one has an odd sculpt as well. On top of that, the mini isn't BAD but...Well, I want a bigger Snake.
>>
>>5648959
Metal Gear seems to be cursed for certain figures. The moment Revoltech tries Gray Fox and we got the revolmini, which in itself isn't too bad, but after Raiden being such a fun and posable figure you'd imagine they would tackle the next major choice for a full sized Revoltech.

Not to mention the Metal Gear themselves being at different price points.

There's a ton of potential but who knows who makes the calls for how a figure gets developed and what's important to go for.
>>
>>5648981

Given how slapdash and retarded it seems to be, it has to be Konami. Only Konami can fuck up this bad.
>>
>>5648063

Anyone?
>>
File: 56a.jpg (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
56a.jpg
47 KB, 600x800
I've got Woody but I need some recommendations on headswaps. Still looking for a cheap jotaro on mandarake nakano as I have a pending order but I may just grab their DIO instead.
>>
File: JRNBVNz.jpg (3 MB, 2462x2031) Image search: [Google]
JRNBVNz.jpg
3 MB, 2462x2031
>>5648063
If you're a fan of Revo figures, you'll be a fan of these. Super dynamic and stylized. Though, you may want to stay away from Vader, the cape looks kind of atrocious.
>>
File: 1460797667154.jpg (231 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460797667154.jpg
231 KB, 1600x1200
>>5648608
>Leonidas
>rough looking face

u wot? Leonidas is the best looking human figma by far. Easily rivals the SHF stuff.
>>
>>5648997
Konami is actually doing more than others, at least there are Minis, Revos, figmas,Koto kits and expensive giant mechs.

Besides NECA figures and PAKs there are very little video game character actin figures. Bandai tackled a few but mostly stooped probably due to sales.

I think there are just too little target group still for gamers who also buys collector figures. PAK probably makes profit because they are pricey they don't need to sell that many.

Unlike anime and movies, you have to put in a lot of money to play games in the first place so not many have spare money to spend on all the figures so many companies don't throw out many game figures. That's my theory.
>>
>>5649177
Vader is not that bad in hand. Poses well too. The cape looks cool in dynamic floating in the wind kind of position.

The part around his waist is awkward though.
>>
>>5648608
l admit figma doesnt provide the best realistic faces either, but revo had really bad anime faces too
>>
File: reycal2.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
reycal2.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>5649696
Overall they do an okay job with anime faces. Even Yamaguchi can pull it off. Just not as bad as figma with non-schoolgirl faces.
>>
What is /toy/s pick as the absolute best iron man figure?
>>
>>5649732
Revoltech or in general?
In general, /toy/ seems to like the SHFs, but they're more expensive than the Revos.
>>
>>5649732
Currently if you don't care for money it's the Figma special edition Iron Man.

However we're getting Revo, Mafex and Figuarts Iron Man in the future, there's a big chance some of them gonna be better than the previous ones.

I personally don't really like Figuarts Iron Man. They're too small for Legends and articulation is kind of wonky.

Best bang for your buck is Chinese bootleg Figma Iron Man
>>
File: hobbit-toy-bilbo.jpg (63 KB, 500x951) Image search: [Google]
hobbit-toy-bilbo.jpg
63 KB, 500x951
>>5648818
>>5648818
>Making human face is hard, especially with small scale
They just need to hire better artists, because other companies have no problems doing faces in even smaller scales.

Also, Leonides is a great likeness. It's a bit cartoony, but it still looks like the actor.
>>
File: IMG_20150825_113222.jpg (633 KB, 963x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150825_113222.jpg
633 KB, 963x1152
>>5649693
they're just jelly of his swag
>>
File: mafex-iron-man.jpg (63 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
mafex-iron-man.jpg
63 KB, 640x350
>>5642555
>>5641818
>>5649732
Pick your poison I guess. As it stands currently Figma MK VII is probably the best. But now Revo, Mafex, Figuarts, and Figma are all coming up with new Ironman figure.

Mafex XLV Iron man
Pros:
>Top notch sculpt, no gaps in articulation
>Openable mask
Cons:
>Wonky shoulder pad when arm is out (see pic related)

Figma XLV
Pros
>Top notch sculpt and paint
>Good articulation
Cons
>Japan exclusive white piggu go home
>Probably gonna be more expensive than Figuarts as a result
>Shoulder pads AGAIN flops up when you bend the arm

Figuarts
Pros
>Good sculpt, probably the best metallic paint
Cons
>Limited articulation, weird elbow joint
>Too small for Marvel Legends or even general SHF line. Tony Stark would need to be a manlet
>Shoulder pad still pops out albeit less than the other two
>Most expensive one MSRP

Revoltech
Pros
>Probably the best articulation
>Good enough paint and sculpt
>Gonna need those bombproof revo joints for flight pose
>Best shoulder design
>Cheapest MSRP
>Most blast accessories
Cons
>Shit wrist joint

I wonder if you can drill deeper and kind of fix the wrist joint for Revo. Revo looks the most articulate, the tallest one (which is a correct scale because you need to account for man in there), and also the cheapest one compared to Figma, Figuarts and Mafex. It's just the wrist joint that is a dealbreaker
>>
>>5651576
What in the holy fuck are you talking about with the shoulder pad? Every option except Revos do it better.
>>
>>5651576
XLV is 45. Not what's in your pic, not what Figma is making.
>>
File: 1000 hours in MS Paint.jpg (654 KB, 2768x1012) Image search: [Google]
1000 hours in MS Paint.jpg
654 KB, 2768x1012
>>5651630
Oh yeah sorry, I got 43 and 45 confused because they look so similar. I'm kind of comparing this year's releases and I take back what I said about Mafex XLV. I couldn't find a good picture of him having his bicep up, but so far he looks the best.

Pic related is the shoulder pad comparison. I hate it when they flop out like >>5651602, e.g. the Figma and Figuarts version. Revo had it right, at the cost of probably big ugly grey revo joint underneath. Also those wrist joint looks like shit. So far the frontrunner seems to be Mafex, until further review.
>>
>>5651791

I never really got why people complain about visible joints. If you want good articulation, theres going to be visible joints most likely, especially on sleek, smooth, or unclothed figures. Thats the sacrifice you make.
>>
>>5651791
You hate when it's accurate to the source material?
>>
File: IMG_0848.jpg (60 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
60 KB, 1000x563
>>5651819
>You hate when it's accurate to the source material?
I don't think that the movie had the shoulder pad connected to the torso and flopping up whenever IM raised his bicep. But then again it's full CGI so they don't necessarily follow the law of physics.

>>5651815
There's well hidden joints, and there's a badly hidden joints. For example, Figuarts Broly vs. Hulk. They both had burly shoulder , but when lifting the bicep sideways Broly's all well hidden while Hulk's very gapey. Personally I don't mind pegs showing, or even big ugly ball of revo joint showing, but I do mind gap as in endless void.
>>
>>5651847
What the fuck, I literally just posted a movie still that displays the same look of the figures. And they're not even connected to the torso on the figures, they're connected to the arm and rotate along with it.
>>
>>5651866
My bad, so if you like movie accurate figure then go for it I guess.

Anyway how is it then that when IM doing forward repulsor blast in the movie the shoulder pad doesn't flop up? They still don't follow law of physics. Personally for me I'd probably still prefer Revo XLV shoulder, but probably gonna go with Mafex because I can't stand the wrist. Figma 43 is a good choice too, but it is a major pain to get.
>>
File: hulk smash.jpg (237 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hulk smash.jpg
237 KB, 600x600
>>5651847
>all that complex articulation
>no bicep swivel
>can't do this
trash
>>
>>5651891
I don't even know what your thought process is. The curvature of the shoulder pad (at least on 42-43) doesn't need it to lift up any noticeable degree when Stark lifts his hand forward, in front of him. It only needs to extend over it when the arm goes outward, which >>5651602 proves it does.
>>
>>5652004
Figuarts Hulk is like Mafex's Spiderman releases, in that they're technically one of the most, if not the most, articulated versions of the characters, yet are unable to do some of the most iconic poses of the characters. It's very unfortunate.
>>
>>5652004
Well a correct anatomy wouldn't have bicep swivel or thigh swivel. Look at most figmas they did it effectively
>>
>>5652218
You can't bring up "correct anatomy" in an argument about action figures. Do we have two points of movement in our elbows and knees? No, but it gets the job done
>>
File: FIGURE-005698_02.jpg (34 KB, 509x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-005698_02.jpg
34 KB, 509x600
Alright, I pulled the trigger on him. Got him used for cheap off Mandarake. Anything about him I should be aware of before I handle him?
>>
>>5652477
Joints aren't exactly Revoltech joints (i.e. the connections at the end of the joint), so don't go trying to pull him apart and exchanging his arms with a Rathalos, for example. Aside from that, have fun.
>>
>>5651576
>figma is the best

Dropped in the trash right there.
The mark 7 was fucking garbage and even in your delusional little world, you know it.
>>
File: 6.png (466 KB, 1008x574) Image search: [Google]
6.png
466 KB, 1008x574
Best VI that's not like 12 inches is still the Revol Mini.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x600
>>5652557
No, it's the king arts 1/9 mark VI
>>
File: FigmaIronMani25.jpg (114 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
FigmaIronMani25.jpg
114 KB, 1200x960
>>5652546
But it is best

>>5652557
Paint job looks as plain as Hasbro's.
I like the War Machine better, since it's bulkier to hide Yamaguchi's style.
>>
>>5652563
>paint crack on wrist cover

Yep, sure is best.
>>
>>5652562
Got me there, originally wanted to write big and expensive, but thought that sounded like I was only talking about 4 inch scales. Still huge though.

>>5652563
It's not that bad, has enough shine to the red and the gold and silver paints are quite nice.

WM actually suffers in terms of paint quality, many were off in positioning. Made me want more actual robots in Mini line though, like Moribito 2go.
>>
Are there any revoltech figures in armor other than queens blade and monster hunter figures?
>>
File: basara.jpg (210 KB, 649x500) Image search: [Google]
basara.jpg
210 KB, 649x500
>>5652930
Sengoku Basara
>>
File: PVC7624-2.jpg (31 KB, 537x368) Image search: [Google]
PVC7624-2.jpg
31 KB, 537x368
>>5652930
Kaioh
>>
File: large_615_Revo_fma_al_1.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
large_615_Revo_fma_al_1.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>5652930
Well not "in" armor.
>>
File: saber.jpg (65 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
saber.jpg
65 KB, 500x333
>>5652930
Sabers.
>>
File: MuscleWizardMad.png (83 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
MuscleWizardMad.png
83 KB, 313x313
>>5652951
>totally wants this
>aftermarket prices because no Legacy

HA HA FUCK ME.
>>
>>5652944
>>5652950
>>5652951
>>5652996
Thanks!
>>
>>5653199
When Mini started I was certain he would make a new Ed Elric then rerelease Revoltech Al so we get them closer in scale.
>>
>>5653742

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't wildly popular character who were snapped up immeadiately when new, leading to the scalper market raping you later on the down the road.

I mean, shit, a lot of the older revo's don't even break $60. Ed and Al are what, $150+ or some insane shit?
>>
File: IMG_20150815_070045.jpg (1 MB, 1593x1143) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_070045.jpg
1 MB, 1593x1143
>>5653753
>that feel..
>>
File: Sad.jpg (150 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Sad.jpg
150 KB, 950x534
>>5653766
>mfw no FMA Legacy's
>mfw I bought literally 5 revo's this month and they didn't even equal the price of the Elric's together

Fuck I hate Japan's figure market. Small ass print runs on EVERYTHING and almost none of it ever gets reprinted.
>>
File: IMG_8615.jpg (168 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8615.jpg
168 KB, 2000x1333
I got my Felyne in and he is great, lot's of character and the spit is a must for any Revoltech Hunter.

I'm writing up a review for him and aside from size, it's looking good so far.
>>
>>5653779
>SHF Iron Man Mark 46 already gone forever

I thought the movie had just released today....
>>
File: IMG_8500.jpg (376 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8500.jpg
376 KB, 2000x1333
>>5654742
>>
hey guys, sorry in advance for being retarded but i just got my first revoltech (raiden from rising) and was wondering if all the parts including the stand parts are supposed to be so loose. he keeps falling and its annoying
>>
>>5654776
Yes, Revo stands suck, use a different one if you have one
>>
>>5654744
Since there are like 3 to 6 months or so between announcements, preorder and release, they don't sink up like that. Keep on track order shit the moment they start taking orders.

There will probably be a revoltech 46 though. Why stop now. Hoping they do Spider-Man again.
>>
>>5654776
Where would i go about finding one?/whats the best stand brand?
>>
>>5655340
Was meant for>>5654779
>>
>>5655340
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-IPN-1623-S004

It's a 3 pack so 3 stands with different arms
>>
File: FuckYesMonsterHunter.jpg (788 KB, 1849x1535) Image search: [Google]
FuckYesMonsterHunter.jpg
788 KB, 1849x1535
Oh shit /toy/, look what just arrived. All brand new, supposedly.
>>
>>5655384
be careful with the long sword handle with the zinogre hunter.
>>
File: PICT1103.jpg (286 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
PICT1103.jpg
286 KB, 2048x1536
>>5655395

Funny you should mention that. How do I get it into the fists? I...Am not seeing like, a...A disconnect point or something to take off so I can fit it into a fist.

I have some QB revo's and their weapons all have a point they disconnect from the weapon to slot it into the fists. I can't tell where/if there is one here for the Zino Hunter sword.
>>
>>5655416
Does it have a manual of any sort? I know my Rathalos Hunter has a removable pommel for his GS. Not unless they expect you to fit it in through the holding hand.
>>
>>5655439

Nothing other than the back of the box, which doesn't show how they got it into the hands.

Anyone know?
>>
>>5655441
the pommel comes off,check the inside flaps of the box. they put extra how tos in there
>>
>>5655344
Thank you
>>
>>5655446

Oh shit, just the pommel? Looks like I got a problem then, it looks like theres no way that thick-ass handle is going to fit through these tiny fists holes.
>>
>>5655515
Heat up the hand first to soften it.

People, heat heat heat makes plastic softer and malleable.

Works most of the times on PVC. Never forget.
>>
>>5655515
that's why I said be careful with it, I tried twisting it through his hands and ended up twisting the handle apart. I glued it back together but I don't really mess with it any more now.
>>
File: PICT1105.jpg (290 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
PICT1105.jpg
290 KB, 2048x1536
>>5655530
>>5655602

Well, fuck me. Brand new out of the box, hand snapped right off my Rath Hunter. I...I don't know if this is even fixable. Been trying to get the nub out with tweezers, tried heating it. Fuck. Just fuck.
>>
>>5655640
Pin vice might help.
>>
>>5655652

Dunno what that is.
>>
>>5655640
Pin vice
http://figurefixer.blogspot.com/2012/08/generic-action-figure-repairs-two.html
>>
>>5655653
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOL-6261

Given the size you're probably going to use the smallest drill bit to get that joint piece out. Look around for a pack with the drill bits and the vice. Shits handy for general figure joint repair.
>>
>>5655660
>>5655661

Any other advice that might help? If I can just get the peg out I'd be good to go, but obviously, I don't have a pin vise. If I got one would I just be able to drill the peg to bits and get it out?
>>
>>5655941
Not really to bits but it allows you to create a small hole and pull the joint out. You just keep twisting the drill bit into the peg and once you feel it's deep enough, then you slowly pull it out.
>>
>>5655941
>Do you still want to salvage the hand? It's a fist hand and it's not that crucial. You can drill out and destroy the peg if you want to.
>>
>>5655993

It's just a generic fist hand, yeah, so I REALLY am unconcerned with salvaging it, given theres a near identical one in the box that can hold a weapon to boot.

I have contact the seller I bought it from explaining my issue too, going to see if he can do anything (maybe a replacement?) before I go any further, but yeah, salvaging the fist isn't too much of a concern to me.
>>
>>5656014
Then you can just drill it out, with the correct size bit the jammed peg would just disintegrate and you can put the replacement hand on.

It helps if you have a hobby tool like http://www.homedepot.com/p/Genesis-7-2-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Hobby-Tool-with-65-Accessories-GLHT72-65/203656915?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25T-PowerTools%7c&gclid=CNXZoY2BycwCFZdZhgodC1wAIA&gclsrc=aw.ds

but it's not necessary
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
/k/omando here. Found this at a flea market. Anything you guys can tell me about it?
>>
>>5656063
It's worth like 400yen ($3.60) and was part of the Revoltech Fraulein line. They look ok from the front but their butts look horrible and have meh articulation.

She is from Idolmaster, a representation of idol groups in japan who routinely sexualize girls between the ages of 13-16. This is possible because the legal age of consent is 13 in Japan. Interestingly enough, not long ago similar standards were held here in America. In Japan, jailbait is 10-12.

Anyway, I had some of those because they were cheap and was going to use ghem as custom fodder but never got around to it.
>>
>>5656096
what the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>5656096
Huh ok I grabbed it because it was kinda cute and only two burger bucks. I'll probably fiddle with it later.
>>
>>5656125

It's a decent purchase for so cheap Anon. Shit, anything is a good buy for $2. Have fun.
>>
>>5656096
>the legal age of consent is 13 in Japan
It's 16-18. Prefecture age of consent is what matters.
>>
>>5656152
There was an article about it some time ago, that's where most of my info came from. Last I knew the Defense of Children group or whatever was still lobbying for a higher AoC.

Good to know though.
>>
>>5656096
>defending Japan's pedophiles by claiming US had similar laws until recent
WTF are you talking about?
Almost every single living person in the US was born after the age of consent was raised to where the laws are at now.
>>
>>5651576
But Tony Stark is a manlet anon
>>
>>5656096
>legal age of consent
Yeah no that's like constitution level legality which is ancient as fuck. Laws in Japan never changes so there are tons of bylaws and such to cover the rest to make it somewhat modern level. So technically it's still illegal under 18 or something, but marriage is possible from 15 I think.
>>
>>5656214
Oh wait it was 18 for men and 16 for women for getting married.
>>
>>5656218
And even then, I think anyone below 20(?) has to get permission from their parents first to marry.
>>
>>5656185
yeah, pedos are exclusively from Japan, US never
>>
File: Caaaassssskaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (722 KB, 2039x1475) Image search: [Google]
Caaaassssskaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
722 KB, 2039x1475
>>5656014
>>5656021

Thanks for your help Anon's, might have a family member who has the right tool for getting the peg out, he stopped by earlier and I just gave him my Hunter's arm. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up if he has the right tool to get it out.

Right now my poor one armed Rath Hunter is pretending he's Guts.
>>
>>5656201
>manlet
Figure when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBbnT-cIDVM
>>
>>5656340
>yeah, pedos are exclusively from Japan, US never
>implied no one ever
>>
File: Victory.jpg (18 KB, 284x225) Image search: [Google]
Victory.jpg
18 KB, 284x225
Thanks for the suggestions /toy/. Managed to get the bastard peg out. I cannot figure what kept it in there, this was highly unusual. I've got 15+ revo's now and never had a problem with any of them. On top of getting the peg out, I had to basically run a revo joint through the hole for about 10min to get it to stop being so tight. It's now just fine, or so it seems.
>>
File: BackInAction.jpg (556 KB, 2025x1091) Image search: [Google]
BackInAction.jpg
556 KB, 2025x1091
>>
Does anyone here own the little bear guy?

I kind of want to see his head on an Assembleborg Nexus or Snake body. Like Afro samurai, but not.
>>
>>5642589
He was my first one too. He's a little eh, especially compared to some of the later stuff. My main problem is getting the swords in his hands
>>
>>5647639
I think Ultron is the only figure where I see the articulation and really want it, but hate the design too much to justify it
>>
File: u_u_0.jpg (641 KB, 1337x2029) Image search: [Google]
u_u_0.jpg
641 KB, 1337x2029
>>5658271
Kind of wish they would make a variant off this form but also add in an alt head from his sentries.
>>
>>5658417

I'd settle for a comic book style head.
>>
>>5658417
>>5658472

I'd love a Sentry to army build.
>>
File: o0322045613212630749.jpg (63 KB, 322x456) Image search: [Google]
o0322045613212630749.jpg
63 KB, 322x456
I still want Revoltech of Inui Jyuzo.
>>
File: _20160509_103619.jpg (829 KB, 4553x2370) Image search: [Google]
_20160509_103619.jpg
829 KB, 4553x2370
Got in my Hunter's Palico and so far this hits the mark for me but the major flaw like an anon noted was the weapon holding hand and the actual wrist joint just cannot support the Lance all that well for certain poses.
>>
File: _20160509_102920.jpg (660 KB, 3481x2788) Image search: [Google]
_20160509_102920.jpg
660 KB, 3481x2788
>>5659265
I'll probably revisit 4U and see how easy it would be to replicate certain attacks from the palicos in-game.
>>
File: _20160509_103022.jpg (583 KB, 3458x2988) Image search: [Google]
_20160509_103022.jpg
583 KB, 3458x2988
>>5659268
Last one and I can't wait for the next month's release.
>>
File: 10202997_27_600_800.jpg (44 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
10202997_27_600_800.jpg
44 KB, 600x800
>mfw never a Luna Luna revo
>>
File: 14091127b.jpg (415 KB, 984x1200) Image search: [Google]
14091127b.jpg
415 KB, 984x1200
>>5651576
So much wrong with this post.
>Mafex XLV Iron man
>Pros:
>Openable mask
Don't know for sure, but I would shocked if the open faceplate isn't an alternate head and not actually an openable mask (is that even a word?).

>Figma XLV
>Pros
>Top notch sculpt and paint
It's not out, you can't say the articulation is good.
>Good articulation
>Cons
>Japan exclusive white piggu go home
>Probably gonna be more expensive than Figuarts as a result
We already knew how much it was when you wrote this post, and it is way more than figuarts.
>Shoulder pads AGAIN flops up when you bend the arm
Shoulder pad flops up? As opposed to what? It's probably a floating piece connected to the shoulder joint like the mark 7, which is a fine solution. Not much better you can do except connect the shoulder pad to the shoulder like figuarts, and that's not necessarily better.

>Figuarts
I assume you're referring to the the mark 45 here.
>Pros
>Good sculpt, probably the best metallic paint
The metallic paint is great, but I still think the figma mark 7 has a more impressive paint finish than any of the figuarts.
>Cons
>Limited articulation, weird elbow joint
Nothing wrong with the elbow joint, they are way better hidden than figma or Revo joints.
>Too small for Marvel Legends or even general SHF line. Tony Stark would need to be a manlet
>Shoulder pad still pops out albeit less than the other two
I still have no idea what your hangup is on the should pads. you want it completely stuck on the shoulder, completely immovable? Then you have zero bicep rotation.
>Most expensive one MSRP
The Figuarts has the cheapest MSRP out of all the Iron Men discussed here, including figma, Mafex and Revoltech.
>>
>>5659348
>>5651576
>Revoltech
>Pros
>Probably the best articulation
Yeah probably, but it's not out yet so we don't know.
>Good enough paint and sculpt
Hard to judge the paint from a few promo shots in my opinion, but I guess.
>Gonna need those bombproof revo joints for flight pose
>Best shoulder design
>Cheapest MSRP
Cheapest? The MSRP is 1000 yen more than the Figuarts. Come on dude.
>Most blast accessories
Cons
>Shit wrist joint
Doesn't seem very different to the Figuarts. It also has a gap between the forearm and the hand.

>>5651791
Also this photo, in case you don't notice, the shoulder pads that you have X-ed simply have rotated the bicep while the Revo and Mafex have the arm straight and not rotated. The figma and Figuarts look like that two if you don't rotate the bicep, and I'm sure the shoulder pad lifts up on the Revo/Mafex if you rotate that bicep too.
I'm guessing you've never owned an Iron Man figure as you have very little idea what's going with these figures it appears to me.
>>
File: GoodAdvice.jpg (102 KB, 518x500) Image search: [Google]
GoodAdvice.jpg
102 KB, 518x500
>>5659265
>>5659268
>>5659271
>just a superthin tiny peg to hold that big-ass lance

Worried it will snap like a bowl of rice crispies, but I kind of want the cat to complete my MH stuff.

Has there been a date announced for the (whatever) new Hunter dude and the Female Kirin Hunter yet?

>mfw female Kirin Hunter sells out INSTANTLY because 99% of MH fanart is her, or porn of her
>>
>>5659371
I guess if they're doing the females based on doujins I can resign myself to getting the female narga bow hunter when they reveal her next. I just want the narga male swordsman armor with the narga longsword, it's my favorite set in the games.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.