[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GI Joe/1:18 Toy Line: With the Mustache Man on the carpet of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: Claymore_R2.jpg (33 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
Claymore_R2.jpg
33 KB, 300x418
He is like a politician who is practicing a speech. He is racing, he is pacing, he is sleeping on his beat.... As the sky begins to darken and the waves begin to roll, you can feel the oceans rising as you're losing all control!!!!

New GI Joe thread for Joe talk and other 1:18 toys
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-03-13-08-38-151.png (541 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-03-13-08-38-151.png
541 KB, 720x1280
RIP battleground. You cost me a lot of money. Glad i sold off before mobage pulled the plug though
>>
File: TF-2016-Hasbro-Marvel-032.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-Hasbro-Marvel-032.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1280
What do you guys think about Flight-armor Alphine and Patriotic-Gear Duke from Toyfair 2016?

Those were the only new Joe toys on display....
>>
File: Feb_Wip_Dukes.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Feb_Wip_Dukes.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
>>5489247

Dem banana pants

>>5489287
No torso joints/10.

Pic unrelated my double Dukes I'm working on.
>>
File: 20160215_005735.jpg (77 KB, 1042x734) Image search: [Google]
20160215_005735.jpg
77 KB, 1042x734
I'm not a big fan of Star Wars figures, but what's the best way to equip all my 1/18 figures with lightsabers?
>>
Previous thread:
>>5414444
>>5414444
>>
>>5489794

Step 1: Invent real working light sabers

Step 2: Invent real working miniaturization ray

Step 3: Equip your toys, being careful not to lose any fingers.

Step 4: Profit madly off of steps 1 and 2, so that you can spend the rest of your life happily posing your figures and perfecting prosthetic fingers.
>>
File: Crocmaster.jpg (236 KB, 2424x1077) Image search: [Google]
Crocmaster.jpg
236 KB, 2424x1077
>>
>>5490501
You made my day anon.
>>
>>5490501

What Killer Croc is that?
>>
DC Multiverse
>>
>>5490877

DC Multiverse Two-Pack that come's with Nightwing.
>>
Is there any consensus on the best Beachhead figure? 50th anniversary?
>>
>>5491708
Pursuit of Cobra or 50th, I guess?
>>
File: 20160215_160051.jpg (564 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160215_160051.jpg
564 KB, 2048x1152
I read there wont be a joe line this year, no tru/bbts/50th. Maybe the sdcc and con sets, but thats all for the time being.
>>
File: JOE_extraction.jpg (156 KB, 1024x479) Image search: [Google]
JOE_extraction.jpg
156 KB, 1024x479
>>5491788

Yeah, bummer that but might be the Hisstank owner being a bit of a berk. Remember his 6inch G.I joe hyping up a few years ago?

Also, Eaglehawk love
>>
File: 20160216_212338.jpg (165 KB, 1166x1114) Image search: [Google]
20160216_212338.jpg
165 KB, 1166x1114
>>5491465
Speaking of which, I love how the Multiverse series always provide an image of the source material so you can see how "HIGHLY DETAILED & AUTHENTIC" the toys are.
>>
>>5491788
According to a friend's source at Hasbro, they have BIG PLANS for the Joes.

Cut to nothing at NYTF except a movie logo maybe and that's it. Of course JoeCon might have things but supposedly it's the last one.

I don't know at this point. The Maurauder figs don't appeal to me. For some strange reason though, that Eagle Force 2nd rate knock off line looks interesting. Maybe because I had some as a kid.
>>
>>5492213

Ha!! If a 6" line happened and it's handled as well as the Star Wars Black Series or BS series, I'd rather it not exist at all...
>>
>>5493617

We didn't get anything about last year's 50th line till April at 2015's Joecon. This year's isn't till like... June I think.
>>
Do you guys buy any cast parts? I'm looking for a good supplier that isn't always "out of stock". Im shipping outside of the US so I prefer to order a few items instead of singles to save on shipping.

Ragingspoon has the selection of stuff I want but he is out of stock.
>>
>>5493617
Honestly I could see them doing a total toy blitz whenever the new movie comes out. A massive media tie-in seems like the obvious move if they want to save the line. Here's hoping it's PoC quality.
>>
>>5489287
Pisstank is all excited due to the blathering about MASK. Micronauts and all that.
To be honest I'm getting ready to hate the new wave of R-rated capeshit that companies are going to try and make cash off off after Deadpool (which I quite liked)
If they fucking got in gear an R Rating is what a Joe film needs.
And, don't give me that shit about kids toys and R-ratings. Look at Terminator and Alien and the cool fucking toys from them.
>>
>>5494402
not gonna fuckin happen.
They are just gonna shit out more Bumblebees for the Bumblebee transformer film.
It's like they dream of pegwarming.
>>
>>5492594

Ugh... I always want to buy the two-pack at my TRU, but this Nightwing just always makes me back away from buying the overpriced garbage.
>>
File: 81jkATsjIvL._SL1500_.jpg (241 KB, 1473x1500) Image search: [Google]
81jkATsjIvL._SL1500_.jpg
241 KB, 1473x1500
>>5494599
It's 50% off at amazon, I bought it to bulk up my shipment. I guess this two-pack is still relatively okaaaaay. Killer croc only looks slightly derpy. Nightwing is not Batman and that's a plus point.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the clayface pack. It uses the gorilla Batman mold and clayface looks like literal poop. Like, actual, Brown, slimy poop.
>>
>>5494543
> If they fucking got in gear an R Rating is what a Joe film needs.
>GI Joe needing an R rating
You're dumb.

It wouldn't be GI Joe anymore, unless you remake it into some CoD shit, and they wouldn't be for kids anymore.

GI Joe at its best and goriest is PG.
>>
>>5494734
Your opinion.

Strile Back was actually pretty close but need a bit of super science.
and
>and they wouldn't be for kids anymore.
Like it is now?
I don't even think "kids know who the hell G.I. Joe is anymore.
Rambo first Blood part 2. Rated R.
Alien Rated R
Aliens Rated R (Rated R for monster violence, and for language )

Ya those never spawned lines of kids toys or cartoons or anything BECAUSE of the large amounts of violence, gore, profanity / whatever.
>>
File: special missions 17.jpg (31 KB, 251x391) Image search: [Google]
special missions 17.jpg
31 KB, 251x391
>>5495280
>Your opinion.
>not liking Hama's comic
Sounds like you're not even a fan of GI Joe.

It's no longer the 80s and 90s, when everything and anything got a children's toyline/cartoon.
Sorry, but Hasbro isn't looking to make collector only lines.
Even right now, the TRU line is still made and sold primarily for kids.

They've already shown they're not like Mattel, who okays lines meant to be sold to adults only with 10,000 units being produced for each figure and sold only online.
They want the mass market, which is why the future of the line depends on the success of the third movie.

This is reality and your little pipedream isn't.
There is no Strike Back toyline. There's no Mad Max toyline. There's no Fast and the Furious toyline. No Transporter toyline. No Terminator Genisys toyline. No Kingsman toyline. No Spy toyline. No revenant toyline. No Sicario toyline. No Hitman toyline.
wait... was the terminator movie even rated r? Just another point in how not everything gets a toyline anymore.
And no, getting a Hot Toy or NECA doesn't count, because Hasbro only wants mass market.
>>
>>5495974
We need a new cartoon, or a reboot of Renegades. I would watch a new movie, but I care a lot more about getting a cartoon. Even a video game would help.
>>
>>5496753
Hasbro just bullshits about G.I. Joe and honestly doesn't give a shit about the property.
3rd parties like Boss Fight and Marauder are pretty much what any sort of figure buyer is going to have to choose from.
Sure there's a comic but both "universes" there are pretty much IDW babies now...
>>5495974
Don't know how you think I'm hating on Hama but the comics are way beyond the PG shit of the cartoons. (unless I forgot a few village massacres and in panel executions that happened in the cartoon)
Why the fuck woudl Hasbro bother with well-articulated figures when they can shit out crap Star Wars toys and Transformers.
>>
Has anyone tried the shurikens from Maurader, and/or know where to get good shurikens for Joes? So many figures have excellent hands for holding shurikens, but so few figures come with them.
>>
>>5496771
Deep down I know this is true, but I dream of the day new life is breathed into GI Joe.
>>
>>5496801

That's why I'm so bitter.
I have this tiny hope and it keeps getting sodomized
>>
>>5496753
Is it even possible to get a GI Joe cartoon that lasts more than one season going? Seems with the death of broadcast tv cartoons, everything is tied to movie releases.

One of the Exosquad story editors talked about the mid 90's animated syndication market collapse. No cartoons, no toys. Maybe in the end video games didn't bring the end of toys, it was media consolidation and FCC educational mandates.

Combine those two obstacles with the growing fragmentation of entertainment; less chance to get people's attention with a cartoon and accompanying toyline.

Wonder if a serious effort to make a modern Adventure Team line would work, or just fizzle out and fail?
>>
Maybe...they could make a GI-joe subline featuring characters from all over? Movies, comics, TV, games, whatever. Make 2~3 characters from each movie and pack them in an assortment with traditional GI Joe characters.

Something like Funko's shitty ReAction but with GI Joe base bodies.
>>
File: cobra commander kicking dog.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cobra commander kicking dog.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>5496771
>Don't know how you think I'm hating on Hama but the comics are way beyond the PG shit of the cartoons
Did you see the panels i posted? Some of the most violent pages
All of that is PG related. There's nothing gory or especially violent about the GI Joe comic that you wouldn't see in Clone Wars or other PG rated cartoons.
Probably the worst thing they won't show is dog kicking, because that will get more bitching to the FCC than decapitations and off screen uzis to the face.
>Why the fuck woudl Hasbro bother with well-articulated figures when they can shit out crap Star Wars toys and Transformers.
Because Hasbro is a huge toy company who has the resources to produce more lines than that and they'd make more profit off of something they're not licensing.
Retailers really don't give a shit about who makes it. All they're looking at are the properties and seeing how much they can sell of them (hence Toy Fair full of hundreds of toy companies). But that's just really a lie, since Hasbro would actually give retailers deals if they order more of their products... as long as the retailers believe the products will sell anyway.
Would a rated R toyline sell enough at WalMarts and Targets? Fat chance.

>>5496753
Yep, they need something year round that will keep the series in people's minds. Yearly video games or cartoons will do that.
>>
>>5496863
Renegades would have gotten another season if the movie wasn't going to come out... and that movie got delayed a year, which really fucked shit up.

Previously, Hasbro had success with the direct to DVD cartoons and that carried the line a couple of years.
The TV series and toyline that came off of those DVDs, sigma 6, was poison though. Unpopular with kids and adults, in both the media and toylines.

I think right now Hasbro only has a few avenues for a cartoon: netflix, CN, and direct to video.
CN might happen, but CN is known for canceling shit if they're not getting any money from the toys. They'll actively sabotage stuff even if it's from their own parent company, WB, like they did with Young Justice and other DC cartoons.
>>
>>5496905
You really don't like the idea do you?
But let me mention Mega Block COD stuff.. what's the supposed age for that game?
Or the Walking Dead and there are TONS of toys there.
Now..
In the first issue of the original series an entire village is killed. page 32. The killing is off camera but the bodies sprawled everywhere - well there they are.
but I guess a massacre of women and children is fine.
Hell in Real America Hero (vol 8)
A man dies a throwing star buried in his head.
Lady J is kicked in the head.
More die to throwing stars.
A battered as fuck Lady J is kick in the head AGAIN.
oh and later woman is kicked in the face scattering teeth - or is that okay because a fucking robot did it?
I REALLY don't understand your arguments about them making shit toys that people will buy
while not making Joes.
Are you suggesting they are keeping the line alive by NOT producing a toy?
And that the fuckery that lead to most retailers not touching Joes with a 10 foot pole (while TRU just does a shitty distribution job) is good for the line?
I can pick up Sons of Anarchy 1/18 bikes in my local TRU (and not in some fucking "adult area" ) but no Joes - at all.
>>
File: Death panels.jpg (196 KB, 1279x480) Image search: [Google]
Death panels.jpg
196 KB, 1279x480
>>5496931
You're not paying attention, are you?
Again, GI Joe does a lot of pulling back and it's no worse than what we've seen from PG rated cartoons.
See these pages where a bunch of Joes are all killed? Almost no gore, no real blood, pretty violent, and it's what could show up on TV without any censoring and still rank as PG.

Walking Dead? Collector's line. That isn't what Hasbro is aiming to sell, nor was it ever like Hama's GI Joe.

>I REALLY don't understand your arguments about them making shit toys that people will buy while not making Joes.
>Are you suggesting they are keeping the line alive by NOT producing a toy?
I don't know where you live, but they're still selling GI Joes in my TRUs. Just because you can't find them doesn't mean they're not.
Nothing i've said has anything to do with them stopping, while everything you're saying ignores the fact that Hasbro wants the property to be sold to kids, the demographic that buys the most toys.
>>
File: splat.jpg (280 KB, 774x1156) Image search: [Google]
splat.jpg
280 KB, 774x1156
>>5496947
You have seriously seem to be trying here I'll give you that.
I also am pretty sure you are wrong and also don't think that you will think I'm right.

A shadowed block of ink instead of blood doesn't mean "pulling away from violence.

And ya, none of the TRU's in my area have Joes... but Call of Duty (zombies and otherwise) are sailing off the shelves.
ditto the Walking Dead stuff.
the (not) Megablock sets are in the LEGO section (you know, the sets where you can build the Governor's house with the heads in fish tanks) The larger figures are with the wrestling toys and Turtles.

and yup.. looks like traditional cartoons to me.

Joes are (if there is nothing constant to keep them in the public) effectively dead. a loss leader. a dumping ground of "we will get to it right aways"
>>
File: math circle.jpg (30 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
math circle.jpg
30 KB, 564x423
>>5496995
What are you talking about?
GI Joe threads are some of the nicest on /toy/ and /co/.
Compared to most other threads on /toy/, it's like being at a math convention
>>
>>5496998
The problem is we are just stirring the ashes of a long dead campfire.
>>
File: decapitation.gif (987 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
decapitation.gif
987 KB, 450x254
>>5496997
>using a IDW comic as proof
pfffft
Is that even from Hama's continuation of his Marvel run?

>A shadowed block of ink instead of blood doesn't mean "pulling away from violence.
But that's what keeps it in the PG rating.
Violence is totally okay on children's TV, as long as you're not showing gore.

>And ya, none of the TRU's in my area have Joes
Considering GI Joe has been exclusive to TRU, that means it's been selling out, unless you live in some country that isn't the USA.
>>
File: fucking bullshit.jpg (183 KB, 1181x1575) Image search: [Google]
fucking bullshit.jpg
183 KB, 1181x1575
>>5497003
They've always been though, even when the 25th was hitting its stride all the way into how amazing Pursuit of Cobra was.

The worst these threads ever get is over cursing at Hasbro for not personally delivering custom orders to every single store, which this guy seems to be mad about >>5496997
>>
>>5497014
Wonder if a better Destro head would've helped this sell better? I remember when PoC was starting to get a bit scarce; I'd go in a store, see the Joe cardback, then realize the rack was nothing but Destro. Kinda like the Blowtorch effect. Not actually a bad fig though; got two of em.
>>
File: Picture 2.png (344 KB, 528x380) Image search: [Google]
Picture 2.png
344 KB, 528x380
>>5497014
>>5497038

He is pretty good, and the basis for excellent Money Bags Destro and the Iron Grenadier.

I like mine, but alas it doesn't snow where I live :(
>>
File: 20160219_005509.jpg (115 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160219_005509.jpg
115 KB, 1328x747
>Saw that Skyward Sword Link was in-scale with Joes
>Ordered OoT Link without checking
Fuck me.
>>
File: best toy swords.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
best toy swords.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>5489794
Probably not quite in scale, but I found these http://www.amazon.com/Star-Light-Sabre-Cupcake-Picks/dp/B005Z3Z0SO

Or modify some of pic related.
>>
>>5497429
Amazon had SS Link for $30 a few weeks ago. I picked him up there.
>>
>>5497446
dang, that's cool if they were in scale
>>
>>5496905
>>5496947
>>5497010
is this subjectanon?
>>
>>5497506
No this is Patrick
>>
>>5497508
is Patrick, subjectanon's real name?
>>
>>5497506
No, Are you dumb or what?
>>
>>5497623
Patrick pls, you're behaving like a faggot
>>
Well, Joes are in the discount aisle at TRU. What a sad state of affairs for the line. However, I did get another Rock Rampage set for $13, so that was nice. They just really fucked up with some of the sets and no one wanted them. Like that Bazooka/Dusty/Firefly set, what an awful shelfwarmer.
>>
>>5497592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSzOXtXm8p0
>>
>>5497810
I just got Rock Rampage at that price too. I may go back for the set with Zartan, and the two Joes. Also finally picked up Spirit and SS for $10. I actually don't think the figures are too bad, although Spirit's gun goes horribly with his hands.

I liked the Firefly set personally, but I thought it was a really good Firefly figure, and Dusty came with some nice optional accessories I can redistribute.
>>
>>5496893
This actually a good idea. The 25th Joe bodies, which I'd guess they reused for SWB and MU, are pretty good. I'd much rather see random toys made off of them than the ReAction turds.
>>
>>5496893
its called Marvel
>>
Check your e-mails, Boss Fight's about to ship their shit.
>>
File: 20151002_021443.jpg (83 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20151002_021443.jpg
83 KB, 1024x576
>>5498333
At least the blue guys look blue together.
>>
File: COBRA_Medical_Team.jpg (139 KB, 1315x1152) Image search: [Google]
COBRA_Medical_Team.jpg
139 KB, 1315x1152
>>
>>5499933
are those Darkman style bandages on Destro?
>>
>>5500014
No, that's Hush from Batman.
You don't want me to zoom into his face.
>>
File: SCIENCE.jpg (48 KB, 632x600) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE.jpg
48 KB, 632x600
>>5499933

What about some Cobra SCIENCE?
>>
File: 0219161710-00.jpg (212 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
0219161710-00.jpg
212 KB, 600x800
Who is this dude?
Found him cleaning my basement. Brother claims he is Cobra Commander, he doesn't seem to be blue or have a Baron Heinrich Zemo-looking headsock. But I don't remember shit about GI Joe.
>>
>>5500320

The design is of the Valor vs Venom era, but that might be a knock off figure. Would help if you had a better photo.
>>
>>5500320
McDonald's Cobra Commander
>>
>>5489287
yah yah!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1366x570) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1366x570
>>5500368
I'm excited about G.I. Joe:Renegades' live action movie too.
>>
>>5489287
>>5501649
The weird thing is that I don't remember Armored Alpine as a main character in Renegades.
>>
>>5501649
>Almost Cap's Kooky Quartet lineup

too bad they killed off Quickass.
>>
>>5498462
Only 8 figures.
>>
File: 1363488189143af (1).jpg (32 KB, 600x498) Image search: [Google]
1363488189143af (1).jpg
32 KB, 600x498
So I'm getting these from an auction and was wondering if any of these are worth anything?
>>
>>5502448
only for nostalgia. missing pieces and open, so no, no "real" value.

if you're buying them to resell, you're not gonna be happy. buy them to play with, or photograph. or worst case, give em to a kid.
>>
>>5503602
Just wondering. Plan on modding them out anyway.
>>
>I created a hypothetical Boss Fight HACKS Kickstarter pricing schedule with the new, lower prices in order to do an apples-to-apples comparison between it and the original. If you want, you can use it to reassess whether you would have chosen different reward tiers with the new pricing in mind. The one assumption I made is that the All-In price would have remained $500. If you ordered extras of single figures afterwards, you overpaid by alot.

Original Pricing Schedule

Wave 1 + Exclusives - $245
- Wave 1 Set - $115
- Print + Shirt - $40
- Celestial 2-pack - $80
- Talos - $40
Ghosts 2-pack - $50
Full Figures ($25 * 14) - $350
Blanks ($15 * 16) - $240
Skeletons ($15 * 4) - $60
Accessories ($10 * 7) - $70

Revised Pricing Schedule

Wave 1 + Exclusives - $215
- Wave 1 Set - $95
- Print + Shirt - $40
- Celestial 2-pack - $75
- Talos - $35
Ghosts 2-pack - $45
Full Figures ($25 * 14) - $280
Blanks ($15 * 16) - $208
Skeletons ($15 * 4) - $52
Accessories ($10 * 7) - $70
>>
>>5506058
>>5506058
Pretty cool of them?
>>
>>5497038
If they'd just left the head chrome and not painted snow on it I might have bought one.
Actually I bought like 10 of them just to return somewhere out of my way. But I might have kept one.
>>
Pretty sad that just as I was getting additional cash, the line dies. Fucking typical god hating on me.

Should I binge on past figures 50th ann and PoC? Or wait for a miracle comeback that hopefully are not 5poa shit?
>>
>>5506093
You don't get any bonus or refund for the overcharges.
>>
>>5506837
Hah, maybe it was you that "Destro'd" me by leaving just an entire rack of Destro figures. Let's see, Blowtorch and Destro were the leftover figures for PoC. Destro and the Neo-Vipers seemed to be the unwanted ones for RoC.

With Renegades, I usually found Scarlett, Ripcord, and nobody else. And I could swear as a kid I found excessive amounts of Crystal Ball on the racks. What have others found to be the "leftovers"?

>>5508329
Nah, I wouldn't binge. Keep your eyes open and slowly buy figs you like from Ebay etc. Dunno what you have, but for "modern era" stuff figures as far back as 25th Anniversary can be good. I'd swear there's some record of a Hasbro employee stating their brief attempt at 5 PoA figures was a flop and wouldn't be repeated.
>>
File: DSC09162.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC09162.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
Pretty pricey at ~$30 per figure...but these guys are amazing!

My cobra swat ops team.

Compared to joes, they have the full articulation package (unlike some joes who are missing a few modern joints or two), better sculpt than the base cobra trooper bodies, same length legs (joes are notorious for diff leg lengths) and hands that can grip almost any 1:18 weapon well.
>>
File: DSC09186.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC09186.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
>>5508529
Whoops forgot to resize.

Here is a lineup pic with 50% less file size!
>>
>>5508533
These do look nice. Maybe Marauder could drop the base figure price a bit to make buying and customizing these easier on the wallet. I like your setup; that a nice deep blue, not like the neon blue of the Retaliation Cobra Trooper. And I guess those shin guards are starting to grow on me.
>>
>>5508529
>>5508533
Bit overrated imo

If the ret cobra trooper had better colors it would be GOAT
>>
>>5508423
I have very little, I was very poor during the godly PoC and got shit.

The newest one I have are an unopened resolute Duke and the resolute Snake eyes(city strike I believe) that stands on my desk.

I really dig the Resolute look, I had the Joe pack for the longest time on my wishlist on amazon and now its gone.

In general most of the resolute, 30th line, PoC and 50th anniversary look pretty good.
>>
>>5508529
Nothing heavily customizable is going to be cheap. As much as the price is a bit annoying at times, the fact I can pick anything I want and make small orders for a figure makes it work. I don't need a ton, just a handful at most at a time to be this or that for a dio. The KS makes it well worth doing as you get a lot fairly cheap.
>>
>>5509342

I just got a bunch of heads to replace the Cobra "baldies" Those along with a few gas masks, different hats and weapons go a long way.
>>
>>5509860

I did a similar thing.
>>
Remember that time in the early 00's when there was a bunch of 12" Gi Joes celebrating the military, heroes and shit?

Why wasn't that done in 1/18 ? it would have been a better alternative to BBI

Bring back GI Joe Marine, soldier, sailor etc in 1/18
>>
>>5509943

I went the more minimal (cheaper) route and stuck with the old vests and a radiopack on one.
Also berets and boonie hats.

Picked up the Marauder pin as well as I've spent enough on like 3 kickstarters and it looks good with my UFO/SHADO pin on the other side.
>>
>>5508529
>>5508533

I keep seeing these guys posted over and over again. finaly gonna cave and get ONE as an experiment. gonna make a "cobra trooper Lt" to more or less be in-charge of my cobra troopers. going for the old, grizzled veteran look.

If i like em enough, i'll prolly start army-building them. oooooh dear....
>>
File: Feb_Cobra_Troopers_specials.jpg (125 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Feb_Cobra_Troopers_specials.jpg
125 KB, 800x600
>>5510212

Most of the vests I've used are either spare Hasbro ones or Raginspoon casts.

I've also messed around with the Marauder Webbing for a dollar General Blue Trooper.
>>
>>5509270
I like Resolute too. Got back into Joes around mid-2011 and missed the Resolute packs, which I believe were being found in those ROSS discount stores. Bought the ones I do have one or two at a time through Ebay.

Resolute Duke is the only Joe figure where I've actually had to split the torso to free up a fused shoulder joint. Luckily went back together with minor cosmetic damage at the seams.

The Resolute Cobra Troopers and Alley Vipers are nice. Red Troopers seem to show up more on Ebay. Unfortunately it seems there will be no new Joe for 2016 so it would make sense to track down older stuff.
>>
>>5510819
What's sad are people at Pisstank who are all excited bout the Street Fighter / Joe packs which have all the wonderful shoddy construction and bad designs as Funco reaction shit and vintage Joes. (yay andother fucking Snake Eyes!)
I admit I got into the game late and I don't like the older figures. Sorry.
>>
>>5510904

Those aren't actual figures being made... they're just comic covers drawn like the vintage GI JOEs of ARAH and the Street Fighter spin off back in the day.
>>
where can a motherfucker in montreal get that oot link, ive been looking everywhere fuck
>>
That was some heavy modding.
>>
>>5511990
He doesn't scale right, friend >>5497429
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 418x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 418x500
Some one's gotten the H.A.C.Ks in the mail!
>>
>>5498343
No SW toy reused any Joe parts, and only a handful of Marvel toys did (one Nick Fury used a Beachhead body, Professor X used the convention ROC Destro).
>>
>>5502448
What's the white Howitzer repaint from?

Also, that's an intact and complete HAL, thats $20 on its own.
>>
>>5513326
I think is for the best, I mean we can take our bullshit politics to any other board.
>>
>>5513421
Damn. I wonder how long I 'll have to wait
>>
>>5513421
no he didn't, he went to their office and got it.
>>
>>5513523
HYDRA Trooper had Joe webgear. Many of the early handguns and machine guns were Joe pieces.
>>
>>5514788
A.I.M Troops look like someone Cobra would use in the lab.
>>
File: image.jpg (836 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
836 KB, 3264x2448
>>
File: 20160226_202842.jpg (74 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160226_202842.jpg
74 KB, 1024x576
>tfw nothing new to buy
So I bought a fancy set of table and chairs instead.
>>
>>5515821
The set looks nice, sauce?
>>
File: 20160226_202939.jpg (59 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
20160226_202939.jpg
59 KB, 576x1024
>>5515838
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
so I got this box. what could I use it for?
>>
>>5515841
Thanks.
>>5515860
I don't know, perhaps a cpu, console game or ammo box.
>>
Eurofag here, there is no Joe convention this year or news for a new Joe line this year?
>>
>>5515897
JoeCon runs June 16th-19th. Hasbro says there will be an SDCC set, and they're committed to the the Fan Vote figure, but there's not gonna be a 50th Anniversary-style line at Toys R Us.

They could always reveal something at JoeCon, I'd only expect a big release when (if?) a third film materializes.
>>
>>5515919

Yeah I was just about to say my TRU just put one of the Joe Vehicle sets (the one with Chuckles) for $30. Worth it?
>>
File: nightmarksmencardfront.jpg (120 KB, 555x585) Image search: [Google]
nightmarksmencardfront.jpg
120 KB, 555x585
I just got pic related, "can't believe I'm finally going to have lowlight with out paying out the ass" I said.

But when I was playing wih it I couldn't help to notice that it is quite shit for a sniper, the rifle's stock is too soft and he cant grab it properly, plus his arms and head can't be positioned for a cool sniper pose.

Hell, I have a crosshair's LBC from the spytroops era that can grab a sniper rifle better and he doesn't have those fancy wrist movements.

Is the single card really that much different? I've read the 50th anniversary is of low quality plastic. Otherwise I can't understand why this figure was hyped to the stratosphere. Yeah the accesories he comes with are nice but that's not enough to justify this hype.

Are there any other hyped figures that turn to be shit? From a playing perspective Are resolute ok? I loved city strike SE for example, is the "ultimate" SE from PoC really that good? I dont want another lowlight situation.

Oh and the nightviper looks cool as fuck but he can't hold onto his weapons for shit.
>>
>>5518983
Yes, 2 vehicles and 2 figures for $30 is steal.
>>
>>5519008

In terms of his Rifle staying together? nah the PoC release also had that problem.
>>
File: lowlitep.jpg (30 KB, 340x454) Image search: [Google]
lowlitep.jpg
30 KB, 340x454
>>5519008
Low Lite's hype comes from coming with a ton of awesome gear and it certainly lives up to that hype.
The figure itself isn't all that good, but people like the character.
>>
What's the best grunt cobra trooper version? The 25th ann can't get their arms too high and thats the only version I have sadly, but the 30th anniversary looks the best to me.

The resolute one looks cool too and has a bit more of armor.

I don't really like the renegades one since he looks like a construction worker more than a mercenary.

There's also variants of the 25th ann with better arms like the disguised Flint and the one in that pack with Duke and CC.

What trooper is the absolute best?
>>
File: 127201622290.jpg (271 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
127201622290.jpg
271 KB, 1080x608
>>5519390
My favorite is the Dollar General trooper. I have a bunch of them. That dg line was one of the best things that happened to my collection.
>>
>>5519390
>>5519434

DG trooper are the same mold as the 30th anni trooper also. 30th anni just has slightly better paint.

Personally, i'm a fan of the renegades trooper as well, so long as you use the alternate head, with the balaclava.

They end up looking like Cobra security guards who might be at an Arbco facility, or something similar.
>>
>>5519434
It would be nice to see how well that DG line of Joes sold. Seemed like a good way to get a reasonably priced figure onto shelves. Hasbro used to do that in the past; think there was a Valor vs Venom line sold at Family Dollar and maybe Dollar General.

I got a few of the black suited Cobra Troopers because I couldn't find more than one Shock Trooper, and that was the next best thing.
>>
>>5519434
That's a nice dio.
>>
File: 51623.png (206 KB, 498x600) Image search: [Google]
51623.png
206 KB, 498x600
So I was browsing on Hiya Toys's FB page and they apparently posted this a month ago. Looks like they at least want to do a 1/18 APC. Fug, I don't need to start collecting another scale.
>>
>>5520709
I'm sure Neca will make one in the correct 1/12 scale
>>
>>5520713
I looked at some reviews, and apparently the Hiya Xenos are pretty fantastic, especially since at least a couple stores are selling them for only 15 bucks a pop. I might end up getting them anyway and just using the APC as an excuse.
>>
If joe goes 6" Im gonna kill myself.
>>
>>5489438
Recipe?
>>
>>5520724
They never will, no matter how hard hisstank believes they can make that rumor true
>>
>>5520725
Are Neca fanboys really this bad or are you le trolling? I never said Neca weren't good, and I never even implied the Hiya were better. All I said was that Hiya look very good for the scale and price, especially when taking the possible existence of the Hiya APC compared to the not even a single hint of a NECA APC into account.
>>
>>5520722
I have 3 of them. Pretty neat. May need to give em a hot bath to loosen the joints.
At $15. Hell yes, go for them. At $25 is a bit high for them imho.
>>
>>5520826
I don't think so, it must be just NecaAnon
>>5520709
Some dudes already made a 1/18 APC using those blueprints, only $500.
>>
Anyone order from thetoysource? Reputable? They've got a pretty good selection of 1/18 stuff (didn't even know there was a Lost Planet line) and the best prices I can find.
>>
>>5521354
That is basically a statue. Doesnt remove from the base either.
>>
Any diehard Firefly fans lurking? Trying to figure which version to pick up. Beachhead and Firefly have been my favorites since I was a kid
>>
>>5519457
True true, although the $6 price tag was a point in their favor.

What I'd love is a run of the same mold in python patrol colors.

>>5520511
Thanks!
>>
>>5521420
>basically a statue
Yeah, well I never said it was perfect.
>>
>>5521444
Deciding on which one to get too.

Right know Im on a resolute mood so the target exclusive seems like the right option. I havent looked it up on ebay I hope is not that expensive.

What other Firefly is cool from playing perspective? I mean that can look cool while holding his weapons etc. Still sour from Lowlight.
>>
Been wondering recently why they decided to give the joes a double hinged knee? It is absolutely worthless.

If they had decided to add an extra articulation it should have been on the elbow. I would have LOVED a double hinged elbow.

Has there been attempts by customizers to achieve better arm articulation?
>>
File: DSC08022.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC08022.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4000
>>5515841
>>5515821
I've got the same set. Sylvannian Famillies make for great semi 1:18 accessories and furniture!
>>
>>5513421
I thought these were 6"?
>>
File: dsc08175.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dsc08175.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
>>5520709
I remembered this as being much more APC then it was, but I still loved it like it was an APC
>>
File: 353 (1).jpg (165 KB, 930x748) Image search: [Google]
353 (1).jpg
165 KB, 930x748
I honestly think that Hasbro's best chance to breath life back into the line is to keep the 1/18 figures but turn back the clock to the basic ideas. Figures that are still compatible with current Joes.
Adventure Team.
Make 2 figure sets of male and female characters that come with a bonus "thing"
Paramedics, Fire Fighters, Mountain Climbers, Arctic explorers.
(and yes I know about he limited AT release)
But I would get stabby for "Egyptologist / Explorer and Mummy - with real sarcophagus!"

Hell it worked with that Animal Planet shit and 20 or 30 years ago with Fisher Price.
The Adventure People were pretty fuckin cool
and you could get this set PLUS "Splash the Dolphin."
>>
>>5521850
And look at these freaks...
I would love updated versions...
(and of course the Micronauts that may or may not show up)
>>
>>5521805
You might be thinking of Mythic Legions
HACKs are 1:18 scale.
>>
File: S4791.jpg (85 KB, 1181x1200) Image search: [Google]
S4791.jpg
85 KB, 1181x1200
>>5521795
Any idea how well their vehicles work with 1/18s? It looks like they do provide some legroom.

I-i-it's not that I'm into girly stuff, I just think that even the evil Cobra and heroic G.I. Joe need pink ice-cream trucks.
>>
>>5521795
What version of Baroness is that, sir? She looks gorgeous.
>>
File: 20151011_174137.jpg (89 KB, 1152x1611) Image search: [Google]
20151011_174137.jpg
89 KB, 1152x1611
>>5521718
The double-hinged knee allows bending beyond 90 degrees. However, the nipponese people have figured out how to sculpt single-jointed elbows/knees that have the same range of motion...
>>
>>5493617
>>5493659
Hasbro is balls deep in to building a Cinematic Universe with G.I.Joe as the Hook to it and with rumor G.I.Joe 3 to start filming in 2017 I think they want to make sure they have all their eggs in a basket.
50th Wave three is a given unless you listen to he Hisstank state of the union which was more of The sky is falling garbage they've been feeding fans for the last 4 years.
>>
>>5522091

That's a Resolute Baroness body with a 4" Marvel Universe Aurora head on it.
>>
>>5522102
>The double-hinged knee allows bending beyond 90 degrees.

But why was that necessary? It was much more useful to do it at the elbow, you know, to grab the weapons and stuff
>>
>>5520722
>a couple stores are selling them for only 15 buck
I wasn't able to find them under $22 anywhere. Do you have any link anon?
>>
>>5522090
If it's like the Lil Woodzeez line, then it should be fine.
>>
>>5522102
Yes but the sculpts suffer from it. Look how skinny that figure is. Looks awe full. ts hard to do that on a big muscular figure like Roadblock, Gung ho, Destro..etc.
>>
>>5522285
They last time Hasbro tried doing this in SW Black Series, it didn't exactly look good either. Did Marvel Universe ever tried double-hinged elbows? I can't remember.

Anyway, a good substitute for better rifle poses is a wrist swivel like those you see in POC figures, though that often results in "chicken wing" poses.
>>
how long should I wait to contact the seller on ebay about how is he going to ship it?

Just won yesterday midday an auction and still waiting for confirmation.

Never used ebay before, this is my first try.
>>
>>5522407
also he had this as his instructions or whatever:

"Please wait for your invoice before sending payment."

and I don't know what it means, I already transfer him the shekels, did I dun goofed?
>>
>>5522407
Read the auction listing, the shipping info is right there...
>>
>>5522418
>I already transfer him the shekels
You are really fucked up, always wait for the invoice if it's mentioned in the listing.
>>
>>5522436
I don't even know what an invoice is, like an email or what?
>>
>>5522439
You'll get an email notification. Processing can take a few days. If the seller's feedback is good, then just sit back and await the shipping notification, then frantically update the tracking page every ten minutes for the next three days or so before it arrives on you doorstep.
>>
>>5519008
>the rifle's stock is too soft and he cant grab it properly
whatever you are trying to do is wrong. in terms of the gun.
>>
>>5522249
thetoysource has all the xenos for 15 each.
Amazon also has the Boiler alien for 15 with Prime, which leads me to believe the others sold for that price too and just sold out since the Boiler is obviously the least desirable of the 4.
>>
File: red-shehulk-flex.jpg (88 KB, 1878x1425) Image search: [Google]
red-shehulk-flex.jpg
88 KB, 1878x1425
>>5522320
Terribly ugly figure and a huge failure, unlike their She Hulk and Red She Hulk.
This is a skinnier figure, yet actually looks great and has double hinged elbow and knees.
>>
Whats a reasonable price for :

-cobra shock troopers (lowest MOC I saw today was 20$ and they didnt last much)
-PoC Snake Eyes(lowest Ive seen it about 40$)
-30ann cobra troopers

If shopping for loose figures how to make sure it is not broken or very loose etc?
>>
>>5522579
fucker...
you made me buy 2.
I'm in Canada and those 2 plus shipping were about the same price as 1 at BBTS
>>
File: Interrogation.jpg (891 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Interrogation.jpg
891 KB, 3000x2000
>>5522091
>>5522139

Note that the resolute baroness has sucky arms and legs. I replaced them with RoC Doctor Rex Lewis arms for better gun grip and legs from the same figure to stand better. The head is from an MU Aurora fig. I also modified to skirt to be removable with a button so she can sit properly.
>>
File: 20160301_224901.jpg (97 KB, 760x1352) Image search: [Google]
20160301_224901.jpg
97 KB, 760x1352
>>5522102
I just acquired a Battlefield Capt and realized that he has a similar single-joint elbow that goes beyond 90 deg. Looks kinda ugly at some angles.

>>5521718
After looking at the various examples above of elbows that go beyond 90, single or double jointed, it seems that the main reason why joes don't do that is a parts budget issue. They have their bicep swivel and elbow bend condensed into that one point. If you want more, you need to separate the joints = more parts.
>>
File: NF_LadyJ.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1006) Image search: [Google]
NF_LadyJ.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1006
>>5522320
Oh i totally agree with you. The double jointed elbows usually look bad on 4 inch figures. Especially figures with skinny arms.
>>
>>5524239
shit, I thought the spiderman noir mold was skull not cap
>>
Bros, how to straighten a bent soft plastic piece?

The monocle of the night viper I have is bent upwards and to the left like a penis and I can't straighten it. I tried bending it all the way to the other side but I think it has stress marks now.

Any Ideas?
>>
>>5524307

Microwave some water to near-boiling and drop it in there for ~30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a hairdryer to heat it up. Get it shaped how you want then run 'er under cold water to help it set.
>>
any thoughts on these
>>5521850
>>5521851

or am I just a crazy person?
>>
File: psyche out.jpg (151 KB, 579x814) Image search: [Google]
psyche out.jpg
151 KB, 579x814
>>5525557
>>
File: 20160302_204628.jpg (64 KB, 1019x691) Image search: [Google]
20160302_204628.jpg
64 KB, 1019x691
>>5520709
>Hiya Toys
Are there anymore of these random HK companies we should know about?

I just came to know of Unimax's Gamestars line that features Red Faction, Crysis 2, AssCreed, basically a line of videogame 1/18s. They don't seem to be making them anymore though.
>>
File: 20160214_014150.jpg (112 KB, 1397x918) Image search: [Google]
20160214_014150.jpg
112 KB, 1397x918
>>5526300
There's also Jada Toys. They usually make diecast scaled vehicles, then they picked up the Robertcop license and made that one 1/18 Robertcop mold.

It was a mediocre toy but not bad for their first try. Sculpting is very sharp. Would like to see them attempt to do action figures again.
>>
>>5525557
In a perfect world that line would be on store shelves with Pursuit of Cobra levels of articulation. Since unoriginal shite is the rule of the day for B&M retail, I'm just gonna make one out of the female HACKS buck when they finally release the transblue one.
>>
>>5526300

Unimax is dead I'm afraid.
>>
>>5526300
Haven't seen anything from Unimax in years. Most memorable thing they did was the tiny, readable printing on the MRE cases in their military line.
Kind of miss those guys. They had potential.
>>
BaronesssSsss
>>
>>5526319
Niccccccccce.
>>
>>5526319
10/10 would love to get crushed to death by her tail.
>>
>>5526319
what baroness head is that senpai? great hair
>>
>>5526501

2013 SDCC exclusive:

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2013/exclusives/sdcc_baroness.html
>>
>>5526529
>exclusive

well shiiiiiieet. must be around 50$
>>
>>5526302

how are the power rangers 4 inch figures? any good? Some pictures have them all muscely which has been almost a trademark for Bandai America figures.
>>
File: 20151011_021633.jpg (128 KB, 1826x1148) Image search: [Google]
20151011_021633.jpg
128 KB, 1826x1148
>>5526547
Bluntly honest, they are nothing compared to GI Joe.

However, they are very well executed and rightly priced for what they are. Paint job is sharp and consistent. Accessory count is high. The monsters/villains especially, are highly detailed.

>Some pictures have them all muscely
There's still some of that but it's not as bad as in the 90s/00s' muscle boobs and 6-packs. They've toned it down.
>>
File: 20160214_214726.jpg (96 KB, 981x918) Image search: [Google]
20160214_214726.jpg
96 KB, 981x918
>>5526582
The bling on this guy.
>>
File: vhacks118.jpg (683 KB, 2000x671) Image search: [Google]
vhacks118.jpg
683 KB, 2000x671
hnnnng
>>
>>5527184
Man, 4" might not be doing great in stores, but at least 3rd party is alive and well.

I'll probably pick up a couple of snake bodies to be Cobra experiments and a skeleton or two.
>>
>>5527184
jelly
>>
Unghhh. I can't wait to get my first HACKS shipment.
>>
>>5527184
What do you think is the better stormy,the one on that pic(renegades?) or retaliation "ultimate"?
>>
>>5527758
Different guy, but I own both. Ultimate for me, all the way. Rocker ankles and I like the bare arms more. That one's great too, though.
>>
File: STORMSHADOW_S.jpg (177 KB, 1024x469) Image search: [Google]
STORMSHADOW_S.jpg
177 KB, 1024x469
>>5527758
>>5527774
>>
>>5527184
You lucky bastard.
How do hacks and marauders mix accessory and parts wise?
>>
>>5527184

More pics or info on the far right snake dude please.
>>
>>5528298
>How do hacks and marauders mix accessory and parts wise?
Decently enough.
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/4909521-post2411.html
>>
>>5528638
Cool. Thank you bro.
>>
File: SPY.jpg (98 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
SPY.jpg
98 KB, 768x1024
>>I murdered your toys as well.
>>
hey guys, i need money emergency bad. I have two giant bags full of modern era gi joes and quite a few vehicles as well. I dont have time to sort everything. would you guys be open to me taking some pictures and posting them so you guys can "digitally" rummage through what ive got and see if you are interested in anything?
>>
>>5528784
I'd be interested. Just arrange them decently and take high quality photos please.
>>
>>5528298
>>5528560
>>5527488
>>5527287

Not actually mine, just nicked from the internet. Am waiting for my shipping confirmation.

Have Snake tits instead.
>>
>>5529025
I wish there was just one more bend in the snake body at about where knees would be.

But eh, fuck it, I'm going to go ahead and pre-order some. I'm thinking two or three skellies, a black snake, a coral snake, and maybe a medusa. I kind of like the soldiers, but they don't have much of a place in my collections. I don't know, maybe a stone soldier or a disciple of Eurayle. It's a shame the bronze soldier were kickstarter only.
>>
>>5529102
>I wish there was just one more bend in the snake body at about where knees would be.
I think BFS felt the same way later. The Male version has already been tooled for the Fantasy line which is slightly longer.
>>
So... is a new 50th wave out of the question? It seems the 50th ann releases are getting out some sougth after versions from PoC, now I want a couple from that era, hell I want most and right now the ones I want are very expensive. Should I pull the trigger in say, in a $40 shadow tracker or wait for a miracle 50th wave?
>>
>>5527802
>>5527184
Is $33 dlls a good price to buy renegade single card storm shadow right now?
>>
>>5530002
The only thing that seems less likely than a third wave of 50th figures is a 50th anniversary wave that includes a Shadow Tracker re-release.

Wow, prices on him are ridiculous. Maybe I ought to trade mine.
>>
>>5530192
trade or sale?

>>5530006
any one?
>>
File: 20160305_012321.jpg (68 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160305_012321.jpg
68 KB, 1024x576
These Maisto bikes are so nice when they fit. This one even has an 'A' for America.
>>
>>5530529
I find they generally work really well for females, fellas tend to look noticeably too large, depending on the model.
>>
File: 20150730_145117.jpg (740 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150730_145117.jpg
740 KB, 2048x1152
>>5530342
$33 is not bad, ren ss was going for more a while back. If you like it and think it is worth it, snap it up. Good Joe shit doesnt sit long, or just gets pricier.
>>
>>5529025
>Have Snake tits instead.
You are a gentleman.
I've so much regret I didn't backed this, now I have to sit and wait for my order to be shipped.
>>
File: Kept_you_waiting_huh.jpg (460 KB, 1024x662) Image search: [Google]
Kept_you_waiting_huh.jpg
460 KB, 1024x662
>>5530603
>>
>>5530192
Shadow Tracker woudl be amazing.
So many Predator pics...
>>
>>5530931

Other than his one hand being molded to do the bow-shooting pose he's not a bad figure. Comes with a ton of (mostly useless) accessories, pretty interesting design. I'm not sure he's worth what he goes for on the secondary market, but they sure could re-release worse figures.
Blowtorch, I'm looking at you.
>>
>>5521946

I swear, if Mythic legions does a 1:18 scale, I will freak. I bought them just so i can have a decent knight figure
>>
>>5530002
Jump on this, buddy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Shadow-Tracker-Cobra-Jungle-Tracker-Action-Figure-/222025762284?hash=item33b1c445ec:g:DBMAAOSwB4NWwy-L
>>
>>5529025
These are sooo good in hand. The Spartan... ehh.. kinda basic. I swapped the Medusa armor on Red here without the chest covering. I want the open mouth head to be in red now
>>
so, got my first MTF guy. was going for a grizzled cobra Vet guy, some sort of rank and file officer type.

the sent me the black jumpsuit, blue armor, instead of the other way around, but that's ok.

Really like him so far.
>>
>>5533906
wow.. flash washed him out pretty bad.. lets try that again.
>>
>>5533911
So the head's from MTF too? Nice beard.
>>
>>5534256
Yup, sure is. I went for the grey bearded guy, to further go "grizzled old veteran"
>>
>>5533906
Oh Anon, I ordered a few MTF blue troopers and now I'm worried that they will send me the black ones.
>>
>>5535293
Don't worry, if there is a prob they tend to line it out asap. If >>5533906 emauled and complained theyd send him the correct figure or offer a discount or something, as thats been my experience with marauders.
>>
>>5535308
yup, they go back to me pretty quick. let me keep sgt oops, and are sending the replacement, and some "sorry we goofed" bonuses too.
>>
File: 20160308_005834.jpg (55 KB, 732x760) Image search: [Google]
20160308_005834.jpg
55 KB, 732x760
Star Wars Clone Wars IG-86
>Weather metallic paint all over
>Jointed like a Joe

I often ignore Star Wars figures because of that T-crotch, almost overlooked this gem. Are there any other SW figures that are jointed like a Joe, goes well with a Joe?
>>
>>5536850
unless i'm mistaken, there is a boba fett, a few rebel soldiers, a luke, and a few stormtrooper/clone trooper variants. and a biker scout, who may even have a removeable helmet.
>>
File: shadowtracker.jpg (140 KB, 774x500) Image search: [Google]
shadowtracker.jpg
140 KB, 774x500
>>5531131
Tempted, but will wait for an auction or a deal for a complete one. I think I have favorited every one on ebay right now.

Speaking of pic related, I think its design was obviously based on the Predator. Any good customs with a shoulder mini cannon or something?
>>
File: 32641319.gif (14 KB, 260x489) Image search: [Google]
32641319.gif
14 KB, 260x489
Can anyone think of any newer figures that have jeans? I know there were a few older figures that had that silly 90's style, but most new figures have been decked out in camo/cargo pants. I'm looking for something to make a custom. Thanks.
>>
File: 4da479ab4d185.jpg (92 KB, 744x850) Image search: [Google]
4da479ab4d185.jpg
92 KB, 744x850
>>5537875
Can't recall anything from GI Joe, but Marvel stuff immediately comes to mind. There's this Luke Cage buck that they reused for Drax(Marvel Infinite version going cheap right now). There's also the Wolverine Origins movie figures.
>>
>>5537888
Good call, the Wolverine figures look perfect.
>>
File: Indy-403.jpg (145 KB, 800x744) Image search: [Google]
Indy-403.jpg
145 KB, 800x744
>>5537875
Mutt Williams from Hasbro's Indiana Jones line. Only has swivel hips though.
>>
>>5536850
I like where this is going. Might have to hunt down a few IG-86's myself. Dagobah luke is joe jointed.
>>
>>5536850
Walmart Black Series has a few:
Luke Skywalker
Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron
Rey(Jakku)
Finn(Jakku)
Stormtrooper

My local's clearanced the lineup at 6 bucks each, but it's mostly Yavin Leias and a few Lukes left. I still need to get a Rey.
>>
>>5537339
Some backpacks like the RoC Neo-Viper, Retaliation Joe Trooper ones allow rifles to be mounted like shoulder cannons. Looks too toyetic, un-predator-ish though
>>
>>5538369
In Singapore, it's TRU holding the SW7 black series hostage at 17usd each and TRU never discounts, never compromises. Just can't bear to spend that amount because I can get a good PoC figure at that price...
>>
>>5513329
I still want,
>>
File: 20160104_020616.jpg (795 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160104_020616.jpg
795 KB, 2048x1152
>>5489794
Find a rots general grevious. He has 4, 2 blue, 2 green.
>>
>>5538369
don't those all have T hips still, however?
>>
>>5538996
Those are new molds i think. The reused black series molds like Vader and Chewbacca have the T-hips.
>>
>>5539000
Leia also appears to be older, despite being a new mold.
>>
>>5529176
>The Male version has already been tooled for the Fantasy line which is slightly longer.
Source? I wanna read up on this
>>
>>5538884
>>5489794
This honestly, grievous was my favourite design so I had around 8 back when ROTS came out, so now any time I need a lightsaber I have around 30 to choose from
>>
File: 56231.jpg (219 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
56231.jpg
219 KB, 1000x1000
Anyone checked out Lundby's dollhouses before?
https://youtu.be/rXf7b63kybQ
Says it's 1/18. Has a whole electrical system for attaching working lights.
>>
>>5542978
wtf? I just want to play not be an architect.
>>
File: Sir_Lee_1.jpg (198 KB, 854x490) Image search: [Google]
Sir_Lee_1.jpg
198 KB, 854x490
>>5542978

The TV in this pic is Lundby.
>>
>>5542978
That's a nice find, Anon. I didn't know anybody made such an extensive line of 1:18 scale dollhouse stuff. Can't tell if Lundby makes different scales, a lot of stuff on their website like the "Stockholm" and some of the "Smaland" items don't specify what size they are.

Would be nice to see more of that in the USA, and it would be nice if that scale would catch on with miniature and dollhouse makers in general. I like that they're making contemporary furniture and not just the same old Victorian/Colonial/country styles that many other miniature makers have been doing.
>>
>>5542978
anymore like this? and proper playing 1/18 things? by that I mean no diorama shit but stuff that you can play with.
>>
File: 20160310_183106.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160310_183106.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
I came across a cobra rage, black/blue version. Tempted to go back for it.
>>
>>5543874

That 1997 Toys R Us version?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.