[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Doll Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: dd.jpg (286 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
286 KB, 1280x1280
Old thread is saging >>510076

LE doll season is over... what's next?
>>
File: 20842399676_d2462609ba_k.jpg (469 KB, 1345x2048) Image search: [Google]
20842399676_d2462609ba_k.jpg
469 KB, 1345x2048
>linked it wrong

Oh well.

I was hoping that the Disney Store would be releasing some Star Wars dolls in anticipation of the new film, but aside from the LE Leia doll only made available at D23, I don't think we'll be getting any.
>>
File: 1447573245268.jpg (293 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1447573245268.jpg
293 KB, 2048x1365
>>5283608
Not op but here's Old thread >>5100760

I was thinking of starting the thread once the old one died like this anon >>5282132 suggested I should but glad to see somebody actually beat me to it.
>>
>>5283614
I'd buy a Leia doll but only if it was Slave Leia. Never was a big fan of that long rob outifit.
>>
>>5269766
That's a great way to spit on Robin Williams' grave. One of his biggest regrets was working with Disney.
>>
>>5283608
>LE doll season is over... what's next?

March will surely have a new set of dolls.
>>
>>5283666
>Slave Leia
anon i got some bad news
>>
>>5283664
Its weird how the normally oversize EAH shoes actually make her look like she has normal size feet instead of tiny fashion doll ones.
>>
Wow that looks fantastic

How much does it cost?
>>
>>5283709
Retail? $130. Secondhand, now that it's sold out, it's been going for $160-$200. Though if you really want it, I'd get it now. Frozen LE dolls tend to spike after a few weeks.
>>
File: 6002040901299.jpg (59 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
6002040901299.jpg
59 KB, 470x470
I bit the bullet and purchased the Cinderella 2015 doll set last week with the Friends & Family sale. I kind of regretted it right away because I've been buying too much lately, but they arrived today and the stepsisters+stepmother are just stunning. Not worth the $210 retail, but 25% off + the $30 I had stacked in gift cards? definitely.
>>
>>5287101
I can't stand that mumps look on Cinderella. Live action dolls always look like shit.
>>
>>5288451
The Live Action dolls almost always have gorgeous costumes and details but yeah, those bulimia cheeks ruin them every time. The stepsisters dolls, particularly Drizella, are great though.
>>
File: 1287264075841f.jpg (32 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1287264075841f.jpg
32 KB, 396x381
>>5287101
>+ the $30 I
People always talk about gift cards as if it's not actually paying money for something .

>Got a $20 movie free today!!!
How?
>I had a $20 gift card
So you or someone else at some point paid the store to turn your real cash into a card and you paid $20 for it with the money that was turned into a card.. ?
>Naaww anon it was free money. So the film was free...
Ooky....
>>
>>5288590
>People always talk about gift cards as if it's not actually paying money for something .
>So you or someone else at some point paid the store to turn your real cash into a card and you paid $20 for it with the money that was turned into a card.. ?

Key word in gifts cards: gift. You aren't paying for anything, whoever gave you the gift card preemptively paid for you. So, yeah, if someone gives you a $20 theater gift card and you use it to see a movie, the movie was free for you, because you didn't have to spend money to see the movie. Unless you buy your own gift cards for some strange and bizarre reason, but I can't help you there.
>>
>>5288611
Yeah sure you can say it was just money that was given to you as a gift and there for the item in your point of view was free but at the end of the day the card does have cash value so technically even if you lets say hypothetically payed for it with a $20 bill you found on the floor while walking around at the mall (aka free money you didn't work for) you still technically payed for it.
>>
File: replace-gift-card.jpg (34 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
replace-gift-card.jpg
34 KB, 250x313
>>5288611
>Unless you buy your own gift cards for some strange and bizarre reason,

Actually what seems strange and bizarre to you is how my life works. Nobody ever gives me a gift card but I always end up with them anyways.

Ever try returning something to the Disney Store or any store for that matter without a receipt ?

They never give you back cash money but almost always end up giving you store credit in the form of one of their gift cards.

So in my particular case it really is my money thats turned into a gift card because I sometimes accidentally misplaced store receipts.

On a side note the following has nothing to do with what we are talking about but since you seem to be new to the world of store credit I'll just give you a tip/ heads up.
Sometimes you end up losing even more money when you misplaced a store receipt because SOME STORES will only give you a gift card for the lowest price point the item sold for in the past 2 years. So lets say you paid $50 for a 17" singing light up Elsa doll if it was ever on sale for even one random weekend at $35 your not getting a $50 gift card which would be what you paid for it but a $35 gift card.
>>
>>5288640
>Yeah sure you can say it was just money that was given to you as a gift and there for the item in your point of view was free but at the end of the day the card does have cash value

If you are using a gift card given to you by someone else, you are not spending your own money, so no, the money isn't coming out of your pocket, and it is free for you.

If someone wants to buy a $100 item, and has as $30 gift card given to them on Christmas, and they use that gift card, then they are only spending $70 of their own money on the item. If someone has a $20 gift card to a movie theater given to them by a friend, and they see a movie with that gift card, they saw the movie for free--because someone else's money (transferred to the gift card) was used to pay for it, not their own.

>>5288665
I specifically said "buy your own gift cards" and the person I was replying to also specifically said "paid the store to turn your real cash into a card." Not talking about cards given because certain refunds are store credit only.
>>
>>5288691
So You're saying that as long as the money you used to buy the dolls wasn't originally yours its free because the money was given to you by someone else.
Well what if you find a wallet with $270 at a store and you buy two limited edition dolls with it. It's money you didn't work for and you just randomly found so would the dolls you bought with the money you just found be considered to be free as well?
>>
>>5288882
What in the world are you even talking about?

>So You're saying that as long as the money you used to buy the dolls wasn't originally yours its free because the money was given to you by someone else.

If you get a gift card for a $10 movie ticket, and use that gift card to get a movie ticket, yes, you got that ticket for free because YOU didn't pay for it. If you are gifted a $30 gift card and use it on a $100 purchase, you're only spending $70 of your money,. It's really simple, I don't understand why you can't get it.

>Well what if you find a wallet with $270 at a store and you buy two limited edition dolls with it. It's money you didn't work for and you just randomly found so would the dolls you bought with the money you just found be considered to be free as well?

What does that have to do with GIFT CARDS, which is what we're talking about? Why are you so obsessed with no one being able to say "oh cool, I saw a movie for free because of a gift card!"? Do you never get them or something? Work that out in therapy, not /toy/.
>>
>>5283668
He expressed regret after working with them on that occasion, but changed his mind and worked with them again later, iirc? Doesn't seem that bad an idea.
>>
>>5288590
The point is that someone else spotted the $30 to you, though. People also end up with a lot of them through various rewards programs, survey participation incentives, all kinds of stuff. This just seems like a bizarre thing to have a stick up your ass about anon.
>>
>>5288935
>What does that have to do with GIFT CARDS
Dude chill . ..It was just a hypothetical question in the form of an analogy.

>Analogy: A comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Nothing to get all bent out of shape about.
The question which you never answered was if you think that found money is the same as free money. Like for example if you make a purchase with found money can the item that you have purchased be considered to be free.
>>
>>5289059
What does that have to do with gift cards? Why are you so bent out of shape over people getting gift cards and being able to say they got something for free?

Your analogy makes no sense because finding someone else's wallet and using that money is a completely different situation from being gifted a gift card.
>>
Can we please stop with the gift card autism and get back to dolls?
>>
>>5288935
>What does that have to do with GIFT CARDS

>>5289470
>What does that have to do with gift cards?
>is a completely different situation from being gifted a gift card.
>gift card
Whats it with you an gift cards anon? Talking to you is like listening to gift card radio ..."ALL GIFT CARD ALL THE TIME" .....
Fine I'll keep it gift card related for YOU.

What if instead of finding a wallet with $270 in cash you found a wallet with a Disney store Gift Card that had $270 on it. If you used it to buy two limited edition Disney dolls would that purchase be considered free...
>>
>>5288882
No, you simpleton, they're saying that using a gift card, which is a specific gifted amount of money and not just hypothetical random money in the street, allows you to get something for free.
>>
File: Muh Laddin.jpg (249 KB, 743x980) Image search: [Google]
Muh Laddin.jpg
249 KB, 743x980
Saw an LE Aladdin doll on the counter for two weeks after it's release day. I was going to use my friends and family coupon to buy him but they told me you can't use friends and family coupons to buy LE dolls which is such bull crap. I almost got the Aladdin doll set but I thought that since I can't view my Aladdins chest because they placed him sideways in the box I could buy this extra one they're having trouble selling and keep one mint in the box and take one out to look at and have fun with.
This is the result.
>>
>>5289771
>I was going to use my friends and family coupon to buy him but they told me you can't use friends and family coupons to buy LE dolls which is such bull crap.

They almost never allow you to use coupons for LE items, so, not a surprise there.

Why didn't you just open up your original Aladdin, reposition him in the box, and be done with it? Why spend the extra $129?
>>
>>5289771
I really want a 17inch Hans.
>>
>>5290754
Where do I begin .
Well First Aladdin is one of the few characters I truly love from my childhood and I just wanted an extra one. Hes my first and probably last extra LE doll. Aladdin was a major part of my childhood with it's sequels and animated tv show that lasted on tv well into the early 2000s. It was the first film I saw in theaters with someone important to me that is no longer with me. I had everything Aladdin in the 90s. Aladdin toys, plush toys, dolls, pvc figures, cave of wonder playset, Sega video games, books, and even an Aladdin themed birthday party.

Second Seeing that in the world of Disney dolls most of the love goes to the female princess I don't believe there has ever been or will ever be an Aladdin doll this large and well detailed to come out in a very long time again if ever. Disney will most likely do something with Jasmine within the next 20 years that might even outshine her current LE doll but male characters like Aladdin and Jafar don't get fancy dolls made of them ever decade.

Third I guess for the same reason I'd love to open my LE Ariel doll but don't. I don't wanna mess it up. I don't want it to get dusty or start looking old. I don't want to devalue it by taking it out of the box. I don't want it to lose its factory pose. Sure you can try and place it back in the box and try to get it into the same pose it came in but good luck getting all those twisty ties to go back the away they came. Sometimes you even have to cut some plastic tags that hold pieces of clothing it in place. Some dolls / toys I open. Some I like to keep in the box but when it comes to dolls that cost over $100 they stay mint in the box for the most part.
>>
If you recall, some butt ugly pictures were posted in the last thread which were supposedly the new Hasbro dolls, which people were questioning because of the huge gap in quality from the Hasbro Descendants dolls to these. Someone bought the set from a Chinese seller (which was closed down almost right after the pictures were released, hmmm) and they do have the Hasbro logo on the pic. Here is the front for Rapunzel & Merida.
>>
>>5291768
Here is the back of Rapunzel.

The person also posted a picture of the back of the box, which seems really generic.

I think that these dolls are either: prototypes made in China that somehow got in the hands of Chinese sellers OR are dolls made from the prototype molds made in China.

I really, really hope the final versions aren't so... well.
>>
>>5291773
Hydrocephalic?
>>
>>5291773
what do the numbers on her back mean?
>>
File: 20150224_165000.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150224_165000.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I've never really checked out this thread but I have a question, how would one go about selling older dolls?

specifically I have LE rapunzel, gothel and wedding rapunzel, and I've never sold anything on ebay before.
>>
>>5289771
That Bratz in the background is not impressed.
>>
>>5291768
>Rapunzel
>wearing shoes
Fucking dropped
>>
>>5291768
Christ those things are not only ugly they're also what little kid nightmares are made of.
>>
File: Chucky Did It.jpg (373 KB, 1573x1189) Image search: [Google]
Chucky Did It.jpg
373 KB, 1573x1189
>>5291773
>molded underwear
I so hate molded underwear. Whats the point of it. If giving the doll underwear is so important to them stop being cheap and give it underwear. But to forever brand the underwear on a dolls body by making it part of the the dolls body is just creepy and horrifying when they don't paint it if you think about it.
>>
>>5292129
I'll buy the blonde Rapunzel from you. Been trying to get one at a non-butt rape price for a while now How much are you thinking of selling her for? I mostly buy my stuff on Amazon tho ever since ebay ripped me off.
>>
>>5292253
that's the thing, I don't know how much to even ask because I'm so thrown off by ebay pricing. I don't want to butt rape anyone.
>>
>>5292258
It's hard for me to tell you how much to sell her for. I don't know how much shes worth to you or if you'er being forced to sell her do to money issues. About two years ago I remember sellers were listing her for around $500 on amazon which was more than I wanted to spend on it but now prices for her are just mind blowing. Also most sellers jack up the prices during the Holidays. If you bought her in store you paid about $100 for her. Anything over that is pure profit I guess. I could kick myself for not knowing about her when she was in stores but just by checking out some of the ebay prices shes selling for I probably won't be owning her anytime soon unless I win the lottery.
>>
>>5292129
>how would one go about selling older dolls?

Take several nice, clear photos of each doll in a well-lit room. Make a listing describing their condition clearly and concisely. For dolls where you may have easy access to what # they are, you can list that as well.

You can either list them as auctions or buy it now listings. I would personally go with an auction starting at the base price the dolls usually sell at, at least for blonde Rapunzel & Gothel. Wedding Rapunzel isn't really in demand so buy it now would be fine.

The current prices for the dolls on ebay are

Blonde Rapunzel: $800-1000. (closer to about $850-900 at the moment)
Wedding Rapunzel: $200-300 (closer to $200 at the moment)
Gothel: $600-700.

Ebay charges final value fees based on how much something sells for. So if you sold Blonde Rapunzel for $850, $85 of that would go to Ebay.
>>
>>5292129
Shit son, I'd buy the Rapunzel from you.
>>
>>5283664
i google image searched this.
i kek'd.
>>
File: 1320286571418.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1320286571418.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>5292302
>This guy
>>
>>5294368
The horror, letting people know the actual secondhand value of their dolls!
>>
File: 1395863242565.jpg (99 KB, 825x960) Image search: [Google]
1395863242565.jpg
99 KB, 825x960
>>5294369
>strips away even the very small chance any anon here had at getting a good deal on an overly exaggerated in price doll including an anon that's helped all these disney doll threads stay alive for months even when they've been at the bottom of page 15 and about to 404 by telling some newbie who probably will never post here again to sell his dolls for around $1000 like every other ebay scalper sells it for.
BRAVO ANON!
>>5294369
>Gets butthurt for some reason and leaves this high and mighty "I dun the right thing" response when called out.

>Well played
Was being called a faggot part of your plan?
>>
>>5295207
>page 15
>>
>>5295209
It's a thing on this site oldfags remember that predates reddit, the Catalog and even people who use cell phones and iPads to access the site.
>>
>>5295207
>calling someone else butthurt
>being this butthurt over not being able to take advantage of another doll collector who may not know the secondhand value of their dolls
>calling someone else high and mighty
>listing out some sob story like you're the Prince Charming savior of the Disney doll threads

Holy shit. Save up more money and quit crying about a Rapunzel doll.

Also

>ebay scalper

Even auctions that start at their retail price end up going for $800-900, bucko.
>>
File: 1289975134764.jpg (30 KB, 511x389) Image search: [Google]
1289975134764.jpg
30 KB, 511x389
>>5295287

>Implying that I tried to take "advantage" of someone at any point in this thread.
>Implying every buyer doesn't try to work out a fair deal with a seller whos potentially willing to negotiate .
What rubbed me the wrong way about your comment was that it came off as that overachieving teachers pet kid in class that prides himself of knowing everything and for some reason just has to remind the teacher that she forgot to give them all homework 10mins before the bell would ring. Causing every other kid in class to grunt at him and roll their eyes while thinking ....
>This guy

Also

>listing out some sob story like you're the Prince Charming savior of the Disney doll threads

To be fair I never claimed to be "Charming", kiddo.
>>
>>5295207
>this crybaby upset over disney dolls

Was being called a faggot part of YOUR plan, because son I have news for you...
>>
>>5291912
Batch number in case of a recall.
>>
>>5295526
>Implying that I tried to take "advantage" of someone at any point in this thread.

The reason you're upset is that my comment told the seller what their dolls could sell for. Why would you be upset about that, unless you were hoping on them not knowing, thus taking advantage of their lack of knowledge? Which you pretty much admitted in >>5295207

>What rubbed me the wrong way about your comment was that it came off as that overachieving teachers pet kid in class that prides himself of knowing everything

There's nothing wrong with telling someone the truth about the value of their items secondhand. The only people who have problems with it are the ones who had hoped to snatch it up before the person realized their value.
>>
>>5295664
>There's nothing wrong with reminding the teacher she forgot to give us all homework.
>The only people who have problems with it are people who wanted avoid their responsibilities.

There's no evidence that that I was trying to take "advantage " of anyone as you claim within this thread. Like I said it's that know it all arrogant attitude you seem to carry around with you when you reply to people in this thread that rubs me the wrong way but since It seem that I wont be able to get that throw to you have at it. You win my special little snowflake.
>>
>>5283608
Cute
>>
>>5295747
>Like I said it's that know it all arrogant attitude you seem to carry around with you when you reply to people in this thread that rubs me the wrong way but since It seem that I wont be able to get that throw to you have at it.

This is the most Disney related autism I've seen lately.
>>
File: There's coffee in that child..gif (2 MB, 303x233) Image search: [Google]
There's coffee in that child..gif
2 MB, 303x233
If Gothal would have pulled a Janeway when Rapunzel was young all this shit could have been avoided.
>>
If anyone has a 17inch Snow White they'd like to sell, I'm looking for her.
>>
>>5283608
Whoah. She looks like Rainia Belle!
Would buy this for hotgluing purposes!
>>
New rerelease of Snow White coming in Feb 2016. Do you think they'll release a new doll?
>>
>>5297676
Part of me hopes so but part of me doesn't. I can see Disney pulling making her super LE and $500 like they have for the other "special" limited releases lately.
>>
>>5297676
They're already at the point where they have to do re-releases characters to keep the line going? Seeing how the quality has dropped since the first LE doll was made this will probably look very cheaply made when compared to the original.
There's no way they'll put in the money required to make this look half as classy as the first one. No way they'll give her an apple to hold or any accessories like the pretty necklaces the first one got.
>>
>>5301001
>There's no way they'll put in the money required to make this look half as classy as the first one. No way they'll give her an apple to hold or any accessories like the pretty necklaces the first one got.

The only way they would is if they jacked up the price. "Oh, Deluxe Limited Edition doll--pay us $400+ more for the same quality we used to release."
>>
>>5301001
They still haven't released Mulan or Pocahontas.

>inb4 no one wants them

I want Mulan.
>>
>>5301624
I could care less about Mulan because I'm not a fan of the chracter or film but I would totally bust out money for Poca
>>
Someone found this on a Chinese site, boxes have Hasbro symbols in the corners. It looks like they're continually updating these molds... the earlier picture of Rapunzel in this thread shews her with a much bigger head.

I'm still confused on a few points.

Why do the dolls have different heights? Why no articulation? I would think that Hasbro, for their first ever debut Disney Princess line, would at least give them the same nice treatment as the Descendants dolls. The only thing I can think of is that Disney wants them to keep the dolls in the $9.99-10.99 price range, like the Mattel line, whereas the Descendants dolls are $14.99-$24.99.
>>
>>5304579
Merida and Cinderella's heads are still the size of Jupiter.
>>
>>5301669
I hope they release another Alice, and not one from the live action either. I hate those mumps man jaws.>>5304579
>>
File: 14212189605_fb7538a428_b.jpg (263 KB, 771x1024) Image search: [Google]
14212189605_fb7538a428_b.jpg
263 KB, 771x1024
>>5307650
I don't even care if shes an LE Alice at this point I just hope they release an Alice period.

Even when the bluray came out a few years back the best Disney store did was a plush Alice.

>>5301624
They also haven't released a Princess Princess Eilonwy. I would much rather them release her seeing that shes a very cute but very forgotten disney princess
>>
>>5304579
Simple. Princess dolls are marketed to the 3-8 demographic. They're simpler and cheaper and have less fiddly parts to reflect that. Descendants was made to compete directly with EAH, which is for the preteen demographic and therefore can be more complicated and have more accessories, and a higher price since that age group can have more of a collection-mindset rather than just impulse or flavor of the month.
>>
File: image.jpg (289 KB, 612x913) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289 KB, 612x913
>>5283608
Need one of this look.
>>
>>5304857
I saw a picture of them out of box the other day and Cindy has the biggest case of man-jaw that I have ever seen on a doll.
>>
>>5308056
did they stick her head on a real doll how?
>>
>>5308992
nm just cgi.
>>
Anyone have some of those It's a Small World Animator's Collection dolls?
>>
>>5308992
Nah just someone editing a pic still made my soldier stand at attention though.
>>
>>5308979
Worse than the live action Cindy?
>>
File: frozen collection.jpg (192 KB, 800x2036) Image search: [Google]
frozen collection.jpg
192 KB, 800x2036
Not quite dolls but I wanted /toy/'s opinion on these. I'm getting into the Disney Movie Rewards and I can probably afford both of em within a couple of weeks, I was wondering if they're worth the points or if I should just keep picking up movies.
>>
>>5310722
They're not worth the points. They only cost about $70 new shipped, so 3500 points is way overkill. Save them for something better.
>>
>>5296057
That file name.
>>
>>5290804
Pretty sure Kristoff would enjoy a 17" Hans aswell.
>>
>>5314197
He's got a nice torso.
>>
File: Muh Laddin 2a.jpg (585 KB, 1495x1733) Image search: [Google]
Muh Laddin 2a.jpg
585 KB, 1495x1733
>>5314256
He has the same torso/body as Aladdin. Only difference is that Aladdins waist band covers most of it up. I lowered my Aladdins waist band/ pant down to his belly button. It looks way better than having his pants coming up to his chest the way Disney Store packages him.
>>
>>5289730
>No, you simpleton,
You are Rude.
>>
>>5314197
I bet Hans would sell out faster than Kristoff did.
>>
Hasbro's Frozen dolls.

Shame, the clothes look fine, but their heads and bodies are so weird. Hasbro did (mostly) great with Descendants, but this..
>>
More Hasbro princess dolls
>>
>>5323010
Pretty!
How much are they going to be sold for?
>>5323011
I might get that Ariel!!
>>
>>5323152
We don't know yet. Based on the pricing for Hasbro's other dolls, I'd say the basic princesses will be around $15, with the 2-packs being $30, and dolls with special accessories or features being in between.
>>
>>5323010
The faces on them are leaps and bounds better than the Mattel ones. The proportions are weird, sure, but I think they're much prettier and more friendly looking than those pinched bird face ones I still see shelfwarming everywhere. And at least they have actual full outfits instead of that molded bodice nonsense.
>>5323011
Not sure how I feel about their faces yet, but hey, actual gimmicks! Not just the same doll in a tutu and being sold as a different thing.
>>
>>5323512
>And at least they have actual full outfits instead of that molded bodice nonsense.

For now... for now. Hasbro's other doll lines (that I can't post here) started getting molded bodices after a while. But I'm being cynical.

I hope Hasbro takes a page out of the 90s Mattel book and sticks with themes for the dolls instead of "here's another boring princess doll with no accessories or anything special about it. enjoy."
>>
File: 2015062019134785112.jpg (302 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
2015062019134785112.jpg
302 KB, 1000x750
>>5283608
What's /toy/s opinion on the Medicom Frozen figures?
>>
>>5325271
My boyfriend is after the Elsa, for sure. He couldn't find a single one of the Disney Store ones that didn't have severe wonk eye.
>>
>>5325271
Wait where can I buy these? Are they on amazon?
>>
>>5325485
they're both still up on hlj and amiami
>>
Which obscure Disney character would you like to see get a doll?
>>
File: milokida[1].jpg (66 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
milokida[1].jpg
66 KB, 1280x960
>>5326593

Kida, fucking Disney not acknowledging her as a princess.
>>
>>5326593
Tiger Lily
I know it will never happen but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for her.
>>
>>5326593
Tallulah and Franny from Meet the Robinsons
>>
>>5326593

How about limited edition Kairi and Aqua dolls to tie in with Kingdom Hearts 3?
>>
>>5326593
Princess Leia
>>
>>5326693
This. This so fucking bad.
>>
>>5326657
I have a Kida doll though. Its actually really good.
>>
>>5326593
This one........... >>5307766
>>
>>5325271
I've never bought figurines before, but this is the first time I've been tempted.

Is it worth it to spend 200+ bucks on something that'll gather dust on my shelf because it looks pretty?
>>
>>5327923
They're action figures anon, not figurines. You can still play with them. They have better posing than the Disney Store dolls.
>>
>>5326593
The Tightrope Girl from the Haunted Mansion and the Redhead from Pirates of the Caribbean would be nice
>>
File: MED11086.jpg (23 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MED11086.jpg
23 KB, 752x564
>>5325271
They look nice but they way too pricey for my taste. The smaller UDF figurines look nice as well
>>
File: MED11087.jpg (23 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MED11087.jpg
23 KB, 752x564
>>5328177
>>
File: MED11084.jpg (27 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MED11084.jpg
27 KB, 752x564
>>5328182
>>
File: MED11088.jpg (27 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
MED11088.jpg
27 KB, 752x564
>>5328188
>>
Which Jasmine doll is this? I don't think she's a Disney Store basic. She's beautiful and I need her.
>>
File: 7737685972_1876422bd6_b.jpg (216 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
7737685972_1876422bd6_b.jpg
216 KB, 768x1024
>>5328677
She's a Disney Store 17" Singing Jasmine, 2012. Your best bet is just looking for "disney store jasmine doll" on ebay and sorting through the results.
>>
>>5328753
Thanks anon, I was hoping she'd be 12" like the rest of my collection, oh well.
>>
There any decent Esmeralda dolls..?
>>
>>5329279
I think this is all of them made. Personally I liked the original release one, she had decent articulation and was pretty, if not exactly on model.

Speaking of them, does anyone remember those action figure sets from the 90s? They were so great. I had Mulan, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, and Lion King I think.
>>
>>5332602
there's also 2 big Esmeralda dolls, a beach Esmeralda, and a set with her and Phoebus
>>
File: tumblr_nz6d140nWi1tdyxhuo1_540.jpg (72 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz6d140nWi1tdyxhuo1_540.jpg
72 KB, 540x360
Upcoming Descendants dolls.

I still don't understand why Hasbro can't at least give the new princess dolls some basic articulation. Different demographics, I know, but you'd think they would want to wow everyone with their first Princess dolls.
>>
>>5332602
I don't like how inaccurate the red dress is
>>
>>5308056
MY DICK IS DIAMONDS
POST MOAR
>>
>>5334401
Who's the girl next between Mal and Aurora's kid? She looks like a man.
>>
>>5336191
Genie's daughter. I'm going to guess they're doing something similar to Ever After High where there are different themed dolls based on different episodes or arcs, now that the main dolls based on the movie are out.
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (183 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
183 KB, 1600x1200
Tangled is being re-released on Disney Blu-ray on February 09, 2016!
Do you think they'll have a new LE Rapunzel doll for the blu-rays re-release ?

If so what would you like to see on the new doll that the old one doesn't have.
>>
>>5336880
>re-released

Why?

I already own it, any details on what it adds?
>>
>>5336880
>Tangled is being re-released on Disney Blu-ray on February 09, 2016!
Additional content or gtfo
>>
>>5336941
>Why?
>>5336958
>Additional content or gtfo

Same thing I thought when someone posted that Snow White was being released on Blu-ray again in this thread.
Maybe they are rereleasing the films so they can rerelease new LE dolls. These dolls gotta be major cash grabs for them.
>>
>>5336205
>Genie's daughter.
Wait who's the mother and when did Genies start having sex?
>>
File: Disneya 507h.jpg (842 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Disneya 507h.jpg
842 KB, 1200x1200
>>5332602
>Princess Esmeralda

When the hell did Esmeralda become an official Disney Princes and why was nobody ever told?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (13 KB, 223x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
13 KB, 223x300
>>5336988
They included Esmeralda and Tinkerbell in the Disney Princess line when it first started and before they really got a feel for the brand.

>>5336987
Descendants canon. Every character, or just about every character, has kids. Don't know who the mother is, Descendants doesn't really tell you unless the parents are canon in the original Disney film.
>>
>>5336993
I think I remember the old DisneyStore catalog also lumping Alice and sometimes Jane in there too. Any female lead/love interest basically.
>>
File: sadkida.jpg (88 KB, 360x504) Image search: [Google]
sadkida.jpg
88 KB, 360x504
>>5326657
This I NEVER see Kida included (save for fanart)
>>5327150
I think we both mean she doesn't have a recent doll. Kida is a legit princess, we don't get merch, but we keep getting Mulan, who isn't royalty at all, but is constantly included with the princesses.....
>>
>>5337674
Because her movie bombed. Disney only promotes it's successful films. They won't even admit The Black Cauldron exists.
>>
comment
>>
>>5337674
>>5337719
yeah, unless they can profit from it they're really not going to make it. pretty sure they only keep pumping mulan stuff out because she's their token asian, much like tiana is the token african and how lately they seem to be trying to make belle latina.
>>
>>5337674
Mulan is an official Disney Princess. Kida is not. Kida won't be, because her character and film are not marketable as part of the Disney Princess line.

>>5337852
>pumping Mulan stuff out

god, I wish. Mulan's lucky to still have her Classic Doll, which they haven't bothered updating in years.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x1032) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x1032
here's the stock image of the new hasbro dolls. i'm so happy about these, the mattel dolls were so ugly it's nice to see them cute again.
>>
>>5338377
man, I keep hoping that they're just going to add articulation for the final product, even though I know they won't.

I really like the Mulan doll, though. And it's nice that every dress/outfit has designs related to the character.
>>
File: HSB3113Blg.jpg.png (305 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
HSB3113Blg.jpg.png
305 KB, 500x500
'Signature' Wave 2. Re-release of Evie, Mal and Jay (I don't see any differences, but they just re-used the stock photos, so) as well as the daughter of Facilier, I can't remember her name.
>>
File: CQ01kFJUkAAgbV5.jpg (22 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
CQ01kFJUkAAgbV5.jpg
22 KB, 600x594
>>5336191
Jordan, daughter of Genie and Unknown.
>>
File: des.png (408 KB, 632x425) Image search: [Google]
des.png
408 KB, 632x425
>>5338447
Freddie. She's a qt.
>>
>>5338465
I wonder if Allie will be the next character to turn up
>>
>>5338465
I haven't followed this at all, but I'm glad to see they actually did do a cartoon instead of sticking with live action like the back of their boxes suggested.
>>
>>5338675
>instead of sticking with live action like the back of their boxes suggested

well, to be fair, there was no intention to make the TV series live action, since they're 3-4 minute shorts.The reason the boxes have live action is that all of the dolls from the Signature line are based on the TV movie which is the only thing that had been released at the time they were sold. I wouldn't be surprised if the re-release of the Signature dolls uses the animated images on the box to further tie-in the brand.
>>
>>5338460
I wonder what she looks like without pants.
>>
>>5338377
Why did they give Mulan the same side ponytail that all the Disney Store dolls have? She doesn't have that hairstyle once in the movie.
>>
File: 7750406140_473d75c521_b.jpg (312 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
7750406140_473d75c521_b.jpg
312 KB, 768x1024
>>5340299
They originally gave her the ponytail so they could add a flower to it and make her fancier. Then they took away the flower/everything but the basic dress but kept the ponytail out of... laziness, I guess?
>>
File: lilo.jpg (86 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
lilo.jpg
86 KB, 500x505
Lilo Animator doll! Only in the UK so far
>>
Disney, Disney, Disney...

So last week, several LE dolls were suddenly available on The Disney Store UK: the wedding Jasmine/Aladdin set, the Frozen Fever dolls, and some of the HeroesvsVillains designer dolls.

People who nabbed wedding Jasmine/Aladdin had their orders cancelled, but people who ordered the others received the dolls. Apparently, everyone so far who ordered the designer villain/hero dolls received a doll that's damaged or otherwise messed up (bad paint, hair, etc). Seems likely that Disney took returns for damaged dolls and then sold them to unsuspecting buyers.
>>
>>5340299
>>5340389
Its neater than having her hair loose,and easier than a proper bun. Even the original release dolls had their hair like that, except the one really fancy one.
>>
>>5342668
Jesus Christ Disney.
>>
>>5342068
>Only in the UK so far

Why even live
Dude she and aladdin look mega ugly. The cool thing about Animator Disney Store dolls was that they looked ultra cute. The Lilo dolls released in the early 2000s when the film came out are cuter than this new one
>>
File: BBW_Disney_122115_122715_500.jpg (256 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
BBW_Disney_122115_122715_500.jpg
256 KB, 500x667
Interesting read about the Hasbro takeover of the Disney Princess doll line. Apparently the dolls go on sale January 1st, but Mattel doll stocks will also be sold until they're gone in stores.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-disney-princess-hasbro/
>>
>>5328167
I'd kill a man for those.
>>
>>5345701
Ooh man Greg pepe is going to get pissed about that cover
>>
>>5345796
Is it cause it looks like Iron Man is munching on Belle in that pic?
>>
File: hasbro_mattel_mulan__04.jpg (759 KB, 1760x2200) Image search: [Google]
hasbro_mattel_mulan__04.jpg
759 KB, 1760x2200
>>5345701
I saw this and though "hey, why did they use such an old Mulan doll for their comparison," then I realized this was the last Mulan doll Mattel made... and it's from 2009.
>>
>>5346245
The heads are so fucking huge, but the faces are much prettier.
>>
>>5347250
the body/head shape is definitely aimed at much younger kids now.... but yeah the faces are mostly really nice. Plus no molded clothes!
>>
>>5346019
No it's because they are using 5 POA figures which pisses him off so much
>>
>>5347398
The molded clothes will come with the next wave. This is their debut line, it's going to be cost-cutting from here on out. Most likely Hasbro will split the line in two, with the basic play line of molded clothes and then the "deluxe" line of higher price point with actual clothes.

Speaking of price point, I do wonder how much the Hasbro princesses retail for compared to Mattel's ones.
>>
>>5348145
they won't be doing molded clothes, since that was one of the major complaints disney had with mattel
>>
Gonna bump this thread without anything doll related to say because of that Star Wars autist bumping out threads.
>>
File: tumblr_nzn175SbFM1uplzapo1_1280.jpg (223 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzn175SbFM1uplzapo1_1280.jpg
223 KB, 720x1280
>>5348474
This is a hasbro doll - it has a molded bodice - i believe their ariel one that is gimmick laid is also molded in a way.
>>
File: 23873248405_7639dff35c_b.jpg (177 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
23873248405_7639dff35c_b.jpg
177 KB, 1024x576
Some people are already finding the Hasbro dolls at Toys R Us. I... like them better than I thought I would.

But the fact that they have different heights and sizes seems good in theory but confusing in practice. What if they want to do fashion packs--they'd have to make a pack specific to each of the 11 princesses, kds won't be able to swap their dolls clothes, etc. I can see Hasbro dropping this particular trait with the next wave
>>
File: 23413612065_9ba07ea1d4_b.jpg (255 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
23413612065_9ba07ea1d4_b.jpg
255 KB, 683x1024
Don't know why I didn't think about doing this, but I definitely will now. Someone put the Hasbro Mulan head on the Descendants Lonnie doll and used some of Lonnie's accessories to make Mulan's outfit nicer.
>>
File: MuMatch.jpg (177 KB, 475x407) Image search: [Google]
MuMatch.jpg
177 KB, 475x407
let us have a moment of silence for Mattels 90s Disney dolls...
>>
>>5349740
Gonna need naked body comparisons.
>>
>>5346019
Taco Belle.
>>
File: 23382635525_b3d55b879f_b.jpg (357 KB, 1024x877) Image search: [Google]
23382635525_b3d55b879f_b.jpg
357 KB, 1024x877
>>5349744
Between Lonnie and Mulan? Here's Hasbro Mulan and Hasbro Evie is next to her... I think Evie and Lonnie have the same body but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>5349756
Is that doll at the end disney store gogo with a different body?
>>
>>5349771
Yes, it's the Made to Move Barbie body
>>
>>5349783
I am now intrigued.
>>
File: 23744630842_9ba140ea93_z.jpg (52 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
23744630842_9ba140ea93_z.jpg
52 KB, 426x640
>>5349792
About Made to Move? Check out the Barbie thread >>528029

but the gist of it is a line of highly articulated basic dolls for $14 or so, people are mostly buying them to swap bodies.
>>
>>5349686
Thats moulded for a purpose though. Pretty sure there was a Barbie in the 90s with a similar gimmick. I think bathtub dolls would also get a pass for having moulded clothes. Its when the regular line dolls have the plastic bodices and terrible skirts with raw edge visible that its just awful.
>>
File: 17069751321_db83175f43.jpg (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
17069751321_db83175f43.jpg
136 KB, 500x500
>>5349756
what's the doll 2nd from the left?
From Australia so we don't get much here.

Real question, has anyone purchased any of the dolls from the pictured 'signature line'? It's the first actual attempt at decent replication I've seen hit my shores since the 90's and I'm torn between buying them or leaving them because well..america still has it better and I can online shop. They look REALLY shiny as well and I have no clue how to fix, matte spray?
>>
>>5350021
I have Cinderella, yeah she's got a bit of a shimmer to her skin, but it's not too noticeable. I have her displayed next to my Disney Store princesses and she looks fine.
What country do you find these on shelves? I live in the UK and I've never seen them in stores, and I still need Belle and maybe Rapunzel.
>>
>>5350053
Australia M8.
These are the only dolls I can find that aren't the usual funfair activity intended for 6-12 year olds. They're available in small numbers from various toy and department stores i.e Target, kmart etc. etc. We're the only continent without a Disneystore so I think that's why other companies can sell them?
>>
>>5350021
The 2nd doll from the left is a Star Darling doll. I think these are Disney Store exclusives so you're fucked with the exchange rate and importing lol.
i've bought the Ursula doll but she's super hollow, super shiny, and super cheap feeling. My friend got one of the princesses and it feels reaaaaaally fucking cheap and low quality to handle, with its hollow legs and shit arm articulation, bad dress construction, messy glue heads and eye wonk.
So you're better off just buying the Disney Store dolls unless you just want a pretty cardboard box with a cheap ass doll in it.
>>
File: 17160171082_18823e2771_b.jpg (357 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
17160171082_18823e2771_b.jpg
357 KB, 765x1024
>>5350021
They're okay but very hit and miss. The only ones I ended up buying are Belle, the blue Aurora/Maleficent set, and Cinderella. The rest had weird faces in real life. Even then, they're not super high quality... I had coupons + store promotion credit so I got them for $8 and $12, but I wouldn't have paid more.
>>
File: 19124819188_2fa3c74e74_b.jpg (261 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
19124819188_2fa3c74e74_b.jpg
261 KB, 1024x681
>>5350108
>We're the only continent without a Disneystore so I think that's why other companies can sell them?

The Signature Collection dolls aren't Disney Store dolls. They're Mattel. These are the current/2015 Disney Store dolls.
>>
Probably a dumb question, but does Hasbro now have the Disney Princess toy license as a whole? Or just for dolls?
>>
File: tumblr_nzn175SbFM1uplzapo2_1280.jpg (187 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzn175SbFM1uplzapo2_1280.jpg
187 KB, 720x1280
>>5349686
The bodice and skirt are molded, because the doll is basically a fancy bubble soap holder. But the actual play dolls do not have molded tops. the only molded pieces are gloves.
>>
File: tumblr_nzqsrsPiAJ1uqsbrwo3_1280.jpg (168 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzqsrsPiAJ1uqsbrwo3_1280.jpg
168 KB, 720x1280
>>5350688
Other Hasbro Disney Princess stuff is popping up on shelves, so I'm guessing it's for more than just dolls.
>>
>>5349686
I hate that face for her. It's not pretty, It's not ugly. It's just there which is the worst thing it could be.

>>5349735
Poocahonta is kinda pretty. Jasmine looks nothing like Jasmine. What a Horrible nose they gave her. It just looks like a knock off. Marida's face is all dreppy do to that snarky smile. Mulan is pretty. I like her
>>5349740
She just might be my first Mulan doll.

>>5350021
Sweaty faced try hard dolls at their finest.

>>5350829
Oky, her face there is starting to creeping me out.

>>5351731
What in the name of Playhouse Disney am I even looking at here. ...
>>
>>5353285

Just a heads up all Disney Store dolls are on sale right now!

I just picked up the $50 singing light up hair Rapunzel doll to day for only $30!!!! That's a $20 dollar savings right there!

I had to pass on her in the past few weeks do to being low on cash and because $50 was a lot to ask for a doll even if it sings and lights up. When I found out she was on sale for $30 i returned a few things I didn't want anymore and picked her up. Also the $50 Elsa and Ariel dolls are also marked down to $30!
Good luck to everyone. Hope everyone gets at least one thing on their Christmas list this year and if not theres always next year!
>>
File: 23628127530_6c04cc32ed_b.jpg (198 KB, 1024x563) Image search: [Google]
23628127530_6c04cc32ed_b.jpg
198 KB, 1024x563
So there's a Deluxe Hasbro Elsa that has articulated arms. Maybe articulated legs? No one is sure yet.
>>
>>5334401
>gypsy inspired/themed
oh boy cant wait for the dolly debate club to start crying about this too
>>
>>5354342
It's not gypsy inspired. They're wearing genie outfits.
>>
>>5354332
I can't possibly be the only one who finds the proportions of these dolls to be a bit creepy, right? The size of their heads compared to their bodies makes them seem... really infantile. It's not like fashion dolls have had realistic proportions ever, but these just seem off in a bad way; like they have the bodies and faces of adult women, but proportions of maybe 7 year old?
>>
File: hasbro_mattel_cinderella__03.jpg (784 KB, 1759x2200) Image search: [Google]
hasbro_mattel_cinderella__03.jpg
784 KB, 1759x2200
>>5354521
Nah, it's not just you. I'm not that big of a fan of the proportions either.
>>
I do like that they seem to be putting the focus back on the princesses as characters instead of just bland sparkly mannequins
>>
>>5350323
>>5350525
Ah much thanks then guys, they're asking for $40 so I'm glad I didn't take the risk. Guess it's back to looking at bjd's and flip flopping about wanting the descendent.

>>5355450
I love this box art

>>5354521
>>5354870
proportions confirmed for weird I agree.
>>
>>5283668
>>5288939

It took a Picasso painting and multiple public apologies for WIlliams to work with Disney again, and never on an animated picture. They were on good terms before his death at least.
>>
>>5356290
What happened between Disney and Robin Williams?
>>
>>5356520
>>5356520
Williams was apart of the Screen Actors Guild and they forbid studios from giving any of their members top billing but Disney ignored them and plastered Robin's name all over the marketing and Robin felt betrayed
>>
>>5354342
>because of shitty ass renfair bellydancers people now think middle eastern cabaret dance is 'gypsy'
>>
>>5283608
didn't know people still bought frozen shits
>>
>>5357016
I thought it was because he, personally, said he would do the film as long as they didn't use his voice for merchandising. Then they broke that deal.

>"We had a deal," the actor said on the NBC show. "The one thing I said was I will do the voice. I'm doing it basically because I want to be part of this animation tradition. I want something for my children. One deal is, I just don't want to sell anything--as in Burger King, as in toys, as in stuff."

>Williams said Disney executives agreed to honor his wishes, "Then all of a sudden, they release an advertisement--one part was the movie, the second part was where they used the movie to sell stuff. Not only did they use my voice, they took a character I did and overdubbed it to sell stuff. That was the one thing I said: 'I don't do that.' That was the one thing where they crossed the line."

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-25/entertainment/ca-60882_1_robin-williams
>>
>>5354332
That hair is so flat. Why is that hair so flat? It's Mettle all over again. Also why is that braid so short? Would they go bankrupt if they gave her enough hair to have the braid go down to lat least her waist ?
>>
File: 0.jpg (184 KB, 1573x918) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
184 KB, 1573x918
>>5354870
>seem... really infantile
At least it has real clothing instead of just the crap molded clothing shit. Unless the doll is meant to go into the water giving a doll plastic molded on clothing is not only a sign of a cheap greedy company it's also a complete disgrace!
>>
>>5354332
even with all the clothing and details that were removed from the 2015 frozen doll they are still way better than these Hasbro goofy head looking things.
>>
File: 7492648606_8853bccfd1_k.jpg (1010 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
7492648606_8853bccfd1_k.jpg
1010 KB, 2048x1536
>>5355450

The only thing worth a dang about this doll would be the box art work.
They have images of her in her mermaid form all over the box yet give her a flipping dress?
Is their upcoming Mermaid Ariel doll going to have images of her in human form ?
why is Hasbro so upside down ?
Why can't they pay someone whos actually has a bit of talent to create beautiful face molds like the one in this image. I know it's a statue but it doesn't matter. All it takes is one great mold created by someone with some talent and you can create thousands of beautiful doll instead of these alien looking things.
>>
File: MindFucksb-771b.jpg (48 KB, 404x433) Image search: [Google]
MindFucksb-771b.jpg
48 KB, 404x433
>>5357097
Thats like saying I can't believe people are still buying Little Mermaid or Snow White shit.
>It's disney. It's timeless. Deal with it!
>>
File: MPW-73829.jpg (263 KB, 975x717) Image search: [Google]
MPW-73829.jpg
263 KB, 975x717
>>5357194
It was also in the contract that he signed with Disney that his Genie character was to take up no more than about 13% on the movie poster yet when it came time to market the film the Genie character took up almost 70% of the space on the poster. This all happened because he was paid shit (scale) to do the film. If they would have paid him what he was and still is worth from the start all the drama could have been avoided.
>>
>>5350525
Why is Miss Potos checking out Belles ass there?
>>
>>5310722
This is a doll thread not a statues thread. Who cares about those ugly things?
>>
File: tumblr_nzzevpcf2N1uvye5jo7_1280.jpg (497 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzevpcf2N1uvye5jo7_1280.jpg
497 KB, 1280x1280
>>5358186
So far the only Hasbro mermaid Ariel is a bubble/bath doll with a solid tail. I wonder if they'll be avoiding the 'tail' style for future dolls.
>>
File: tumblr_nzzevpcf2N1uvye5jo2_400.jpg (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzevpcf2N1uvye5jo2_400.jpg
84 KB, 400x400
I hope they fix Snow White's head in the next release
>>
>>5364185
Her head is too oblong
>>
>>5364185
Looks like a potato.
>>
Excuse the blur, it's osmeone else's photo. The height differences are really random. The dolls should be the same height. Snow White's head isn't quite as potato-y in real life.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 MB, 2882x1371) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 MB, 2882x1371
>>5371234
I kinda like the height differences. Snow White and Rapunzel just seem short to me along with Jasmine.
>>
>>5371234
What >>5371370 said. Height differences are great, I love them in doll and despite how much I dislike the head of the new line I'm glad they added in this variety.
>>
Anyone else hearing rumors about a new doll coming out?
>>
File: 23447132163_7dc4ec2e61_z.jpg (128 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
23447132163_7dc4ec2e61_z.jpg
128 KB, 640x640
>>5358186
Hasbro's got 2 mermaid Ariel dolls out so far
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (371 KB, 1421x1500) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
371 KB, 1421x1500
>>5374223
Actually that's three dolls and on a personal note I hate them.

>Mattel style Plastic molded on top.
>Mattel style cheap plastic tail instead of giving her real legs with a cloth tail over them.
>Hair is way to short.
>Creepy alien face.
>Each doll is over $17.99 plus tax

I saw the pack on the left in person and even the Flounder and Sebastian figures looked like off model knock offs.
>>
>>5374819
I'm pretty sure that the ones with the molded outfits are supposed to be bath/pool dolls.
Doesn't excuse the ugly face, though.
>>
>>5374223
putting actual disney artwork on the box next to these dolls was a huge mistake, just...no. The lack of similarity is just so glaring.
>>
>>5374819
>Actually that's three dolls

No, that's two mermaid dolls, as I said. Also read the boxes/the thread... they have molded tails and tops because they're bath dolls. Their hair is not that short, it's pinned to the box.
>>
>>5376370
Agreed. Mulan was one of the new dolls that looked fairly nice, but then having that actual artwork there, you instantly start seeing how off-model the doll looks.

The packages are actually really nice, though. The dolls themselves? Not so much.

Of course, it doesn't matter how bad or cheap the dolls look, they will still sell because parents will buy their girls Disney princesses.
>>
File: COUNT.jpg (305 KB, 1507x852) Image search: [Google]
COUNT.jpg
305 KB, 1507x852
>>5376507
>No, that's two mermaid dolls, as I said. Also read the boxes
I don't know what you're talking about but I'm counting three different Hasbro Ariel dolls in that image anon

>Also read the boxes/the thread...
Don't you get sassy with me anon. It's a Disney doll thread. You can drop the snarky reddit attitude.

>they have molded tails and tops because they're bath dolls
Excuses, Excuses. So is every Hasbro Mermaid Ariel doll just going to conveniently be a "bath doll" Still no excuse for the short hair and horrible face mold.

On a side note I've seen plenty of Ariel bath doll tv ads in the 80s and 90s where the dolls had real cloth tails and tops. Hell one of them even sang under water.
Labeling it a "Bath doll" is no excuse for giving a doll hard plastic molded on tops and tales. Much like Mattel Hasbro is just being cheap!

>90s Ariel "Bath doll" Videos very related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7wdm8siVSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dvH-3uOg0
>>
>>5377090
Op said mermaid dolls. As in, dolls that have mermaid tails instead of legs, being as that's what the entire discussion is about. The doll in the middle is human Ariel, not a mermaid, and therefore is not being counted. You're going out of your way to not understand simple English. You're the only one being snarky, other anon is actually being very straightforward and polite.

And honestly being as there's only those examples out, I don't think we can go ahead and call that all future Ariel mermaids will be bath dolls/molded, since we don't have enough evidence on that yet. I do agree with you that her face is weird and pinched looking, though I think her hair looks to be a fine length, the out of box doll has waist length hair even with it being curled, which probably translates to it being below her hip when straight. The bath doll on the left probably has hair about the same length but they pulled it into twintails for some reason which does look weird. The one on the right definitely has at least hip length if not longer, its been layered which is what is looking 'short' at the top, but look behind her waist and you can see hair reaching well down to where her tail starts.

Also, and this is personal/parental taste, super long hair on a bath doll gets really really gross fast. Its a pain in the ass to dry out between baths and if left in the toy bin its prone to hiding moisture and soap and will turn into a slimy mildew mess. Super long hair is all fine and good on a collector's shelf doll but for a doll intended for very small children, waist length is probably the max most parents will want to deal with.
>>
>>5337674
tfw still trying to get that mcdonalds necklace...
>>
>>5377250
>You're going out of your way to not understand simple English.You're the only one being snarky

I highly doubt you would know anything about what is or isn't being snarky. You are aware you could have simply explained what the op was referring to without belittling someone in the process. Your comments are just as sharp tongued as Ops. You explain thing but only after taking a shoot at someone.

Also sorry for not join in on the Hasbro doll love parade. Trust me I really wanted to. I was hyped for over a year when I found out Hasbro would be taking over but to be honest I don't see much of an improvement. There is still no excuse for her horrifying face mold and molded on plastic tail and top. Even tho in recent years Mattel made molded on clothing for bath dolls the new popular standard in order to save money an Ariel bath doll shouldn't automatically implying a plastic molded on top and tail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7wdm8siVSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dvH-3uOg0
>>
Where can I get some hand painted ooak doll with hand sewn clothing? Or is there someone who does commissions
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
went to tru today and bought a rapunzel and tiana. i took a comparison pic for rapunzel, there were no tianas in sight to take a comparison of her. all the dolls look lovely in person, 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>5377090
>>5377250
>crying about being belittled and someone being snarky
>makes a snarky image to post because they were told to actually read the thread before making a comment about someone being wrong

The point was that the comment you're responding to was specifically talking about mermaid dolls. It's no one's fault but your own that you didn't read the first OR the second time. You're right: this is a Disney doll thread. Grow the fuck up or get out.
>>
>>5377655
Saw you asking in the BJD thread, and i'm going to advise you to go hunting on ebay first. They might have a few Elsa's already done and ready to be found. Like they said in the BJD thread, you will need a certain amount of money and understanding of how to customize a doll - like what type of size, specific items you want and looks - then price you are willing to pay for items together versus individually.
Tumblr also might be a good place to look for people who do commissions - but always look for information on a person - positives and negatives.
>>
>>5378236
>and i'm going to advise you to go hunting on ebay first. They might have a few Elsa's already done and ready to be found. Like they said in the BJD thread, you will need a certain amount of money and
ebay has only one thats like 400 bucks shiped aud witch would be fine but is rely c or e grade
i dont mind spending money and the only one iv scene isnt worth the money its listed for cos its crap in comparison to the pictures i have seen
>>
>>5378246
Anon have you seen >>5325271 yet? I know she doesn't have brushable hair but she does look really good and poseable. Or maybe you can find someone who can make you a custom that combines an Elsa head with either an Obitsu, Azone, or the new MtM Barbie bodies for a very poseable and pretty dressable doll.
>>
>>5378257
honestly im rely thinking about getting this, but it dont think it will be available, iv only seen 1 online and would like to check out my options first.
>>
>>5378297
They're still on preorder, I believe. That would be why you aren't seeing any.
>>
>>5378358
where are they on pre order? if the price is right ill pre order one too
>>
>>5377090
>>5377450
> Those commercials

Oh Jodie Benson, keep riding and milking that voice acting train forever, I don't even care. It's great - she's just smashing out any old thing with Ariel's voice for anything and everything xD
>>
>>5377655
I find etsy is a better place to look.
Deviantart is littered with people you can commission though, just search ooak doll or doll repaint or artist doll. They will usually have lots of photos of their work, links to shops and info about getting a custom one.
>>
>>5378119
>>makes a snarky image
I don't know in who's eyes that image would be seen as "snarky" when it's more than obvious that it was meant to be cute and playful.

> or get out
Not claiming to be a oldfag but I have been here since 2007. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one,bud. That said you're more than welcome to taking yourself back to reddit or tumber.
>Grow the fuck up
>fuck
>resorts to curing in a disney doll thread.
>Tells others to grow up.
>Trying this hard to be an edgy bad ass in a disney doll thread.
Ones you resort to curing or correct grammer in a disney doll thread, you officially are out of real arguments, and you must realise you lost this discussion, and all respect.
>>
File: You Do Swim.jpg (86 KB, 748x753) Image search: [Google]
You Do Swim.jpg
86 KB, 748x753
>>5377286
I'm so lucky I had enough sense to buy her doll back in 2001. At the time I hated the film, but I knew it would also be a very along time until Disney would produce another skin reviling sexy Disney princess. She came with an extra necklace for you to wear as well. I never opened her and believe it or not the batteries that makes her necklace light up still works to this day.
>>
File: 71UVOe4EDQL._SL1152_.jpg (232 KB, 1152x892) Image search: [Google]
71UVOe4EDQL._SL1152_.jpg
232 KB, 1152x892
>>5378773
I love her so much. She will forever be a part of my soul. She may not be a beauty but she has the voice of an angle.
>>
>>5379511
>I don't know in who's eyes that image would be seen as "snarky" when it's more than obvious that it was meant to be cute and playful.
>baw baw my image wasn't snarky, but someone saying "read the thread" was BELITTLING and worthy of a crybaby comment

You're hilarious. Or should I say "your"?
>>
File: tumblr_o0fyxivaK41tdyxhuo1_540.jpg (71 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0fyxivaK41tdyxhuo1_540.jpg
71 KB, 540x540
New LE Minnie doll. Available online 1/22 and in select stores that same day. $79.95 retail. Unknown edition size.
>>
>>5378375
I believe they're on Amiami, though if you google "Medicom Elsa" a few places will pop up.
>>
>>5379809
They gave her ear hair? Are they trying to imply that the Minnie character has always had hair we never know about or that she wears fake hair over her actual ears to look fancy some times? Is the added hair there to help justify the $80 price tag or did they really think it made sense. Shes still a cute doll but ear hair?....
>>
>>5379787
>but someone saying "read the thread" was BELITTLING
I said your comments were belittling not the ops. "Learn to read meme"

>Or should I say "your"?
Top kek
YOU'RE really running out of come backs aren't you anon. I feel cheated and disappointed. Again ones you resort to correct grammer in a thread, you officially are out of real arguments, and you must realise you lost this discussion, and all respect.
I do appreciate your half assed attempt at trolling tho. 3/10
>>
File: 21513792729_9e71c6a3aa.jpg (95 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
21513792729_9e71c6a3aa.jpg
95 KB, 375x500
>>5380379
It's not meat to be 'ear hair,' just hair instead of mouse fur. The other LE Minnie they made has 'hair' as well. Hair fibers look fancier than other matierla they might have used for fur and is less prone to fuzziness and other production issues.
>>
File: 6005037921319.jpg (54 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
6005037921319.jpg
54 KB, 470x470
wow @ this bootleg quality http://www.disneystore.com/ariel-sisters-swimming-water-toy/mp/1394121/1000325/
>>
File: 1357-ha.png (13 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1357-ha.png
13 KB, 679x427
>>5381233
>$17 for that
>>
File: image.png (207 KB, 509x301) Image search: [Google]
image.png
207 KB, 509x301
Will we ever get a Rey doll?
>>
>>5381295
Maybe after the hyper realistic $200 plus hot toys release. Disney is milking SW like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>5381233

Fat hips. Hips are fat. Why are they fat and why are tehy all waving at me.
>>
>>5379550
B-But that looks nothing like Kida...

>>5379738
Can't agree more

>>5380379
I figured they were going for the lady Gaga hair-headbow kind of effect but with mouse ears because 'fashun'
>>
>>5381295
Unlikely. Or if we do, it will be a D23 exclusive limited edition (yet very simple/blah) like the Leia doll was.
>>
>>5381295
>>5381356
>>5382104
Honestly I expect to see more Rey merchandise throughout this year since there is a huge demand for her
>>
File: Little-Mermaid.png (86 KB, 263x320) Image search: [Google]
Little-Mermaid.png
86 KB, 263x320
>>5381358
Because of the fin. Makes her hips look big sometimes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.