[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: OptimusRhyme.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
OptimusRhyme.png
1 MB, 900x900
Have fun with your toys edition.

Previous Thread:
>>5280548
>>
Anyone know how good Warrior Class Strongarm is? She worth a buy to have another botfu to go along with my Arcee and Chromia, or what?
>>
>>5283028
She's ok. I got her for 6 bucks though, I don't think I'd pay full price.

Maybe if it were the Takara paintjob, that actually does help her mold a ton.
>>
>>5283028
She's alright, but you can definitely tell she's a cost-cut deluxe. She's sizable enough, she just has really simple engineering that feels kind of weird on a toy of that size. I got her for like 10 though, and I wouldn't say pay full price.
>>
>>5283028
She's perfectly ok. But not great. She's a warrior, which means a little step down from the usual deluxe in terms of paint and complexity. However, she's got a nice size and chunk to her.

I'd say go for it, but preferably not at full price.
>>
Hey, what's the difference between the combaticon's running change colors? Is it a cartoon vs toy color type deal? I sort of didn't care before but now that they're shipping out I'm having second thoughts.
>>
>>5283041
I think what it will be includes Onslaught either getting more green or silver (to match closer to Onslaught or Bruticus respectively), while Brawl gets a deep green or poop green.
>>
>>5283028
The chest sticker indentation just ruins her for me.
>>
>>5283046

So does anyone know which ones are being shipped first?

Onslaught colored Onslaught, or Bruticus colored Onslaught, and brown Brawl or green Brawl?
>>
File: Greg and company.jpg (901 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Greg and company.jpg
901 KB, 1920x1080
>>5283028
I got the Greg repaint, it's an alright figure. Not Classics Cyclonus/Voyager Springer tier, but still okay. Could use better feet but I think they look fine in bot mode.
>>
>>5283070
>Greg repaint
What are you on about?
>>
>>5283087
RBG. Red, blue, and greg.
>>
>>5283087
His full name is even worse.
>>
>>5283087
The full name is Gregevor (Or Greejeeber as TFwiki puts it), but I'll just call him Greg.He's based off of RID Rollbar (AKA Green Swindle) and apparently knows the transformers equivalent of Hokuto Shinken
>>
>>5283092
>>5283094
Oh. I thought it was some, as you youngsters put it, "'ebin new maymay."
>>
>>5283028
It's a shitty toy, save your money.
>>
>>5283092
>>5283094
Looks more like coloration for Mega-Octane.
>>
Why is CW Menasor so good? Seriously as a stand alone figure he is amazing; his aesthetics just screams "I'm a big bad badass bad guy."
>>
>>5283119
>Menasor
>good
HA!
>>
>>5283094
>He's based off of RID Rollbar
New Movor when?
>>
>>5283124
>>5283119

Oh shit I mean Motormaster.
>>
>>5283119
>>5283128
As much of a disappointment as menasor was, motormaster was a very pleasant surprise. I wish he had more black instead of dark greys, but his robot and truck modes have a ton of presence to them.
>>
>>5283138
I rather like the grey. It's a nice shade of grey unlike past hasbro greys and it compliments the purple nicely I would've found black to look rather dull in all honestly. My only real problem with him as an individual figure is the hips which there are solutions for out there and that all the windows aren't painted.
>>
>>5283153
The American release color is fine as it is cause the Takara looks like he is wearing a wife beater and yes the American release would have been tons better if they did paint the windows but that's where reprolabels comes in now.
>>
>>5283025
Why can't you use the catalog? Jesus Christ, there's already 3 other Transformers Generals up.
>>
>>5283164
Again.

The tfgs go in to autosave. A new one starts. Janitor is weird and deletes post from the dead tfg bringing it back to life for no reason.
>>
>>5283169
>autosage
>>
>>5283169
So what? Why does a new one have to be made? I don't see why we can't keep using the old one until it disappears. There's no need to be at the top of the catalog.
>>
>>5283186
Sure. I mean it's not like starting a new thread after autosaging is an old concept on 4chan. Crazy that tfg would do that.
>>
>>5283186
Why does it matter? This board is extremely slow
>>
>>5283070
>recolor a girl
>call it a boy

Why is this allowed?
>>
On a scale of 1 to full retard, how bad of an idea is it to order something from china with sal right now? I've always heard the horror stories about the Christmas rush eating packages, but there are a couple of the masterpiece KOs on ebay I really want to pick up.
>>
>>5283313
Because it doesn't fucking matter except to autists like you.
>>
File: CTyytv1UYAAJMJE[1].jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CTyytv1UYAAJMJE[1].jpg
53 KB, 600x400
LOL

all those apologists saying this figure would look better as a final product only for it to look even WORSE than the convention display
>>
>>5283327
Why would anyone want to buy that????
>>
>>5283327

Looks shopped...
>>
>>5283337
Indeed, there are a few pixels out of alignment.
>>
>>5283337
Yeah, it looks like they just shopped a Superion to be red.

Oh wait.
>>
Need some advice.

Siren is one of my favorite Transformers and I know they released him in Japan as a super-exclusive type figure. But he's about $100+ and I'm a bit of a poor fag right now. Plus Titan Wars is coming and I am kind of hoping that he might get made into a figure as part of that line.

But all we are getting is his disembodied head and a vehicle. And there is no sign the TF Club folks are going to make him into a figure in 2016 either.

Should I bite the bullet and buy the Go Shooter recolor of Siren? Hold out hope that he eventually sees the light of day in American colors as part of a Botcon release slate or as a future Subscription figure? Or he gets a new body to go with his head release or a third party release?
>>
>>5283364
Siren? Which one G1 or the Generations?

G1 Go Shooter has no difference to Siren so I don't know why are you are talking about.

Minerva was the one recolored to Nightbeat.
>>
>>5283364
>he's about $100+
>Japanese Headmaster Jr's
>Only $100+
More like $1000+ m8
>>
>>5283382
Only Minerva is worth about $1k+ since she was never released outside Japan. Go Shooter was released as Siren with no changes from what I know and Hosehead from Cab which is also quite cheap.

The one I am waiting for is that the rumors going around that Maketoys is making a 3p MP Minerva and of course that is already on my pre-order list if it is proven true.
>>
>>5283378
Go Shooter is Japanese Siren. Takara repainted Nightbeat as Siren/Go Shooter as a bonus figure for an artbook released in 2014.

Go Shooter has a different color scheme than Siren; Siren is grey/blue whereas Go Shooter is white/blue.

The poster wants to know if he should buy Go Shooter, even though he costs triple digits, or should he hold out hope that Siren will get a legit US release in some shape or form and not be reduced to what Titan Wars is planning, which is release the head figure under a new name with a vehicle to ride in.
>>
File: a73.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1211) Image search: [Google]
a73.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1211
Do you think we'll ever get holomatter avatar figures?
>>
>>5283378
He's probably talking about the Generations version.

Takara released Siren/GoShooter (via repainting Generations Nightbeat/Bumblebee) as a mail-in offer for some sort of Transformers book they released in Japan.

So far there is no plan for Siren getting a US release, as repaint or new mold. Quig, the headmaster, IS getting released under a new name though as a vehicle pilot. But Hasbro seemingly has no plans to release a Siren body to go with the head, plus unless he's a bonus figure at Botcon, the TF Fan Club seems to have no interest in releasing a Siren figure either.

To the poster, I would probably recommend getting the Takara figure. He's only going to get more expensive as time passes and I don't see Siren being released anytime soon.
>>
>>5283396
If that's the case he should just hunt down a regular Siren then. I'm probably color blind since I always though Siren and Shooter had the same overall colors.

>>5283407
Personally I would wait before jumping the gun on any HMs and PM/GM at the moment since their anniversary is coming up in about 2 years so we might see a reissue of them if not a Legends version since if you remember some of the fembots in the Arcee comic already came out in the legends line lately.
>>
File: Siren - GoShooter.jpg (124 KB, 914x544) Image search: [Google]
Siren - GoShooter.jpg
124 KB, 914x544
>>5283392
>Go Shooter was released as Siren with no changes from what I know
>>
>>5283399
Only if the "Only Human" figures sell and even then, any releases will probably not resemble the comic versions since they are frankensteined from existing GI Joe molds
>>
>>5283319
>he doesn't classic m/a/ym/a/ys

Shaking my head to be quite honest family
>>
File: test.png (247 KB, 640x551) Image search: [Google]
test.png
247 KB, 640x551
Optibotimus is doing a review of blast off CW

75% of the review could be cut and be condensed down to "its a recolored slingshot with a different comic but I like the fact he fits the military theme"

I'm getting him to fill my galvatronus but he's still a damn waste of a figure
>>
>>5283430
Doesn't he get figures early?

Either way I'm just gonna wait for UW to get bruticus cause I don't wanna buy the same mold three times
>>
>>5283432
Its up now, I...did just screencapped it.
>>
>>5283430
I can't stand this faggot.

>"I don't really know who this guy is since I don't read the comics so i'll use him as a stand in for this other guy."

What a fucking sperg.
>>
File: 20151023_131812.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151023_131812.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I still haven't opened this God Ginrai I really want to but I really can't get myself to.
>>
>>5283430
I really wish they had given him different wings, it'd have been so easy to just swap what's on the pin there. I'm still picking him up, just a couple months down the line.
>>
>>5283445
He doesn't get payed to read comics.
>>
>>5283430
I really fucking wish the finished the pattern they had with Superion, and released a new plane figure that replaced Blast-Off.

A Bomber would have been nice.
>>
File: 20150619_013517.jpg (98 KB, 1294x1128) Image search: [Google]
20150619_013517.jpg
98 KB, 1294x1128
>>5283028
She is best Riot Shield for Chromia.
>>
>>5283452
Third parties need to get on making new limbs.
>>
What about redecoing RID Strongarm into Strika? Both are BBW botfemmes, how feasible do you guys think that would be?
>>
>>5283454
>>5283454
If third-parties are smart, they'll adopt the CW connection pegs and holes for their future combiner toys.
>>
>>5283428
>cancer: the post
>>
>>5283454
I wouldn't mind a blown-up and modified explorer, loved the look of that thing. Toss in some new combiner hands and feet and you got yourself a decent upgrade set.
>>
File: tfwpickedlastfordodgeball.png (68 KB, 249x252) Image search: [Google]
tfwpickedlastfordodgeball.png
68 KB, 249x252
>>5283453
>help with riot control, they said
>it'll be fun, they said
>>
>>5283456
>strika

Only if they retool her into a tank or something.
>>
>>5283445
Least he's honest, some reviewers spew bullshit and people throw shit on them in the comments.

I don't read the comics either

>>5283450
A different head and a different jet body would of helped a long way rather than a slingshot redeco
>>
>>5283414
Except classic Siren does not exist in the Generations line.

That said, the TF Club will probably make him into a figure eventually.

Hell, I can see one of the non-box set '16 Botcon figures be Siren (made from either the Nightbeat mold or Dead End). Perhaps paired with Hot Spot retooled into Hosehead as the standard two pack release.
>>
>>5283432
But shuttle blast off hasn't been confirmed.
>>
>>5283430
>none of these guys read the comics

They come free with the figs, why not at least give it a cursory read through?
>>
>>5283511
He said in a previous video after he read one and didn't like it he throws all the others away now.
>>
>>5283511
Dunno about oithers, I did but then it tempts me to actually buy the comics
>>
>>5283516
>>5283517

Yeah, it's actually tempted me to pick up some of the comics myself. Gonna grab a few of the collections for Xmas I guess.

Anyway, does that review mean the Combaticons are going to be available soon? Waiting for that shit to hit Amazon or eBay or something so I can sift around for good deals.
>>
>>5283519
Very much so, that'd be his review copy which means some stores are holding them until their due date
>>
>>5283528

Has there been an announced release date, or does Hasbro not do that sort of thing?
>>
>>5283548
Don't know personally but being an Australian I'll get it later than most people.

Here we've only just gotten the limbs for optimus maximus and hotspot/cyclonus.

I don't get the logic, they never gave us fucking battlecore optimus with that wave, though I hope when the next wave here hits it'll be with the combaticons
>>
>>5283453
Man, I can't stand deluxes that doesn't have proper hands, main reason I didnt get voyager hotspot
>>
>>5283457
That would be getting too close to Hasbro design copyright infringement. I doubt any 3p company will ever make a full limb bot.
>>
>>5283591
They've already done that with upgrade kits. The a Bruticus one even added robots to the combiner.
>>
>>5283595
Upgrade kits are add-on parts, duplicating the combiner peg/slot system is like taking a patented design and trying to use it as your own. Even using it once basically infringes on the entire line and would be a much easier case to be upheld. Basically Hasbro can say don't touch Combiner Wars and C&D one 3p and the rest will stay away.
>>
>>5283602
That only applies IF they specifically patented the CW peg.
>>
>>5283595
5mm peg holes and pegs aren't the same as scramble city combiner ports.

One works from size and more than one toy line uses it, the other is exclusive to a toy line, brand and companies
>>
>>5283610
There's already one third party torso that's comparable with CW ports, though.
>>
File: CTzPJpMUkAAMdMt.jpg (160 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CTzPJpMUkAAMdMt.jpg
160 KB, 1024x768
>>5283430
They look off. Swindle looks way too big compared to Vortex. Vortex/Blastoff are just straight off repaints. They didn't even bother with new heads.
>>
>>5283617
>worrying about scaling with transformers

Surprised you didn't mention groove, when you got standardized "limbs" coupled with the fact we got giant sentiant robots scale is the least of our worries.

But agreed with alpha bravo and slingshot there, could of done better right there
>>
>>5283617
Swindle's pretty beefy, Brawl looks good and tough like a tank robot should. I mostly don't like the original design of the hips and thighs, they're too narrow and thin and look weak compared to the rest of the bot.
>>
>>5283617

I think they look awesome. Yeah, repaints, whatever, they came from fairly good molds.

How'd you get them already?
>>
>>5283620
You realize the Helicopter mold was designed to be Vortex first and Alpha Bravo is the straight repaint, right?
>>
>>5283623
I can understand the motermaster and optimus prime thing but that far spaced out...really?

While id like evidence rather than words alone its better than fan fiction so whatever.

Its a shit chopper to begin with
>>
>>5283622
The picture is from Optibotimus's twitter.
>>
I bought devastation today. I hate all of you. Now I want devastator.
>>
>>5283673

You'll probably want a lot of Transformers by the end of it. It's as good of a videogame as it is a toy commercial.
>>
>>5283645

Ah, didn't know, don't really follow or know of any of those reviewer guys.
>>
>>5283674
Is devastator worth it though?

And yes. It's making me want an mp wheeljack.
>>
>>5283673
It's a good game and owning the Generations Devastator and staring at it while fighting Devastator in game is just beautiful cause it's like seeing the toy come out of the game. Seriously even with the faults Devastator has as a toy, you can't deny that he is Devastator...we except for his left leg.
>>
File: DSC_0034.jpg (539 KB, 1377x838) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0034.jpg
539 KB, 1377x838
>>5283676
I'm glad I owned all these guys before the game came out. I should probably get back to it sometime. Haven't even unlocked Grimlock yet.
>>
>>5283676
Devastator doesn't look that much from the pictures like we have been saying for a while but in person you will really appreciate the toy and if you really don't like the no elbows, there are a lot of solutions out there from 3p upgrades to the Takara version.

I was skeptical of this Devastator from the start and now he's one of my favorites of the CW line.
>>
>>5283681
>I keep buying other stuff instead of the main MP guys
>MP BB and MP Wheeljack are quite expensive now

Well I'll just wait for the reissue a few years down the line and I refuse to buy a KO since I as a high end collector I just can't justify knock offs.
>>
>>5283685
I mean you can justify the KOs since the normal ones are all scalped to hell so you're not giving money to the rightful company either way.
>>
>>5283682
So what do you suggest? 160 at TRU where I can return him easily if I don't like him or go 140 on bbts?
>>
File: 240px-VortexTF[1].jpg (18 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
240px-VortexTF[1].jpg
18 KB, 240x180
>>5283624
The head wasn't a tip off?
>>
>>5283691
Even with it scalped I'm a high end collector so having a KO blemish my collection is like telling me to smear shit all over my bed and roll on it. I just would rather wait for the reissue or just a buddy of mine that lives in Japan to find me one there if I really want to find one and to just look at the local toy cons and craigslist to see people who are trying to sell them for cheap since that's where I get a lot of stuff for cheaper than Ebay all the time.

>>5283692
Basically yes, go try him out. Personally I bought the SDCC version after fiddling the regular TRU version during TFcon last July just because of how much I liked the toy.
>>
>>5283695
Not that guy, but they really could've done better.

Isn't there a picture of a remolded Vortex mold? (not the victorion one)
>>
>>5283703
You sound like the worst kind of snob. You're collecting plastic in the shape of robots. The knock offs are even known to be just as good if not better than the official ones.

But hey. Waste your money.
>>
>>5283602
Third parties already copied the PCC port for The Fallen, retard.
>>
>>5283617
Vortex doesn't need a new head, so keep crying over nothing. Takara will fix Blast Off too so there's your perfect G1 Bruticus.
>>
>>5283711
Not him but that's fan loyalty.

If you know where its from, it hurts, like those knock off ferrari's from china, it may look and work the same, but deep down you question your choices.

People such as yourself view them as mere objects and thus have no sense of attachment, and like those who collect those funko pops you'll chuck them out after a few years without any regrets or sell them on ebay to unsuspecting people.

For a fan these are tributes to the people who've brought this giant toy commercial into our world, from the rebranded diaclone orgins, to the over priced masterpieces, to the repaint wars, and the many many MANY types of media that help give these slabs of plastic life, from Peter Cullen who gave a truck more character than some of our fav tv stars, to the writters of IDW giving us new ideas and poltical correctness.

This is what it means to be a fan, give them a ko and don't tell them and they'll be happy, but once they know its an utter terrible feeling, like they actually stole something which in a way...kinda is, even if they're still making the toy or not.

I myself aren't a fan of ko's but if the toy ain't made anymore and there is no fucking chance of an update of it then yeah I'll dip, but I do understand where people like him come from.

>But hey. Waste your money

A cop out response considering internet is a waste of money, and to "a real fan" ko's are a bigger waste than hasbro titan metroplex
>>
>>5283705
You'd have to be a retard to not realize that Alpha Bravo is the "squeeze money out of the mold" repaint option with Vortex and Blades being the real use of the mold.
>>
File: test.png (13 KB, 591x111) Image search: [Google]
test.png
13 KB, 591x111
I wonder why he doesn't like brawl?

Is it because its the only new fucking mold?
>>
>>5283723
Wow. Fighting really hard to defend yourself. Who's to say I don't have an attachment to the things that I've spent my hard earned money on? I'm just not picky and don't think of my collecting to be better than anyone else's.

Keep reaching for those stars though. Maybe one day you'll find worth in your life and wake up.
>>
>>5283723
They're toys. TOYS.

Get over yourself. Only autists give a shit about stupid things like where the toy came from.
>>
>>5283725
No shit, sherlock, but they still could've done better.
>>
>>5283723
Thanks man cause I couldn't think of a really good response that doesn't insult or demean him. This is the most level headed and logical response to why I don't like KOs at all.

And that is true for me spending money on KOs is infinitely more waste than spending an extra $50 for a scalped but real item. I pride myself with my collection and being to tell people that look at them that those are all the real thing.
>>
>>5283729
You could say the say thing about most of these toys. Vortex isn't any different.
>>
>>5283730
>tell people they are the real thing

Holy shit the snobbery is real.
>>
>>5283731
Agreed.
>>
File: large.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>5283730
>caring about toy authenticity to use as a status
>>
>>5283730
I can see it now. In one case, someone with a mixed collection of first party and third party. A friend, looks through them and admires the cool looking figures.

In another case, HASBRO ONLY collection is shown off to someone else. This person is PROUD of his Officialâ„¢ American Hasbro collection, and his friend shakes his head at all the underpainted, hollow and simplictic children's toys.
>>
>>5283739
>Why doesn't this guy have elbows?

>You idiot, it's because the toy requires less articulation in order to achieve stable combination! Those Japanese toys are floppy because of all the joints, America Hasbro knows what its doing!
>>
>>5283730
There isn't any real point, wasn't even defending you as I tried to chuck in a few cheap blows.

Only reason why I don't have a single ko is because these are coming from other countries where the cost means they cost as much as the real deal, apart from the mp's (how those are chepaer than g1 knockoff's blows my mind) who I can't justify based on previous releases in terms of quality, but I treat the hasbro mp's much the same way, serious the qc on mp hasbro bluestreak is fucking bullshit, how the fuck do these come out the same factory with this shitty paint work?

But I will say...

CW knocks off when?

I'd buy knock offs of betatron and his limbs seeing how the hasbro one is shit, and I can't see takara doing much changes to the head.

I already own 3 combiner wars full bodies but to get another full repaint job would be retarded even for me.
>>
>>5283739
If somebody likes what they like, surely that's all there is to it?
>>
>>5283730
>I pride myself with my collection and being to tell people that look at them that those are all the real thing.

And your mom gets real sick of how you remind her of this every time she goes to clean your room.
>>
>>5283744
>If somebody likes Nickelback, surely that's all there is to it?

No.
>>
>>5283745
>living with your parents still and they still clean your room for you

Nice projecting there anon.
>>
>>5283747
I think it's fairly safe to assume someone autistic enough to care what factory his toy comes from probably still lives at home.
>>
>>5283746
So is he collecting toys wrong?
>>
>>5283747
Nice trying to change the subject. Did I hit too close to home?
>>
>>5283750
Bad taste is bad taste.
>>
File: 1447558360784.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447558360784.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>5283730
They're children's playthings bruh.
>>
>>5283733
>>5283737
>>5283739
>>5283745
>>5283748
Oh god you guys are really butthurt because I do have some pride as a collector?

>>5283751
Nah it didn't you were just trying to project hard that I thought your post went through my screen.
>>
>>5283752
From your point of view it's bad taste, which probably doesn't mean much to him, given it's all subjective.
>>
File: 1435520021301.jpg (64 KB, 692x574) Image search: [Google]
1435520021301.jpg
64 KB, 692x574
>>5283749
>assuming his parents clean his room

I honestly live with mine but who's willing to step into my land mine of robots?

Its like stepping on lego, a smart parents would either evict or stay away from their dungeon.

To just clean this up would cause world war 3.

I have no shame, I'm a parasite, I have my own money from work, its just cheaper to make them enduring the suffering that is my amazing existence.

Fucking normies never learn
>>
>>5283754
You have the same taste. You just think what you buy matters in life.

Also. Keep using projecting. It shows you are in a corner. Probably the same corner you've been stuck in since you were a kid since you've more than likely never even considered leaving mommy and daddy's place.
>>
>>5283756
Your act of being so smug is now come g through as fake. Be careful.
>>
File: Cool-story-bro.jpg (120 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Cool-story-bro.jpg
120 KB, 960x540
>>5283756
>taking pride in trying to make normal people the weird ones and being a parasite a good thing
>>
>>5283754
>pride
>as a collector

Sorry, but you're barely above hoarders in the hierarchy of society. Placing more importance in your collection of meaningless garbage than others is hilarious.

I can see it now. You're at Botcon and you're reporting third party rooms to the front desk of the hotel and alerting the convention staff, while walking away with a boner, a smug sense of self importance and a stretched out XXL Botcon shirt with pitstains.
>>
>>5283758
Nah, I'm far from being cornered. It seems that your projection has made you realize how sad your life must be. I can and will use whatever word I like because as much you have your freedom of speech, I have mine so even if you tell me to stop using it, I won't. Thank you freedom.

>>5283765
Hi,
I don't hoard, I usually just buy stuff I really like that's why I could still manage whatever I have and I do sell off stuff that I just bought on impulse.
>>
>>5283767
I didn't say anything about you being a hoarder. Learn to read.
>>
>>5283767
Okay. Keep using projection. Its cute. You have no other argument so you want to make up things. Using "projection" is exactly what young do when they say "I'm rubber you're glue."

I'm sure mommy enjoys your official collection though. Reminds her of where her life went and which vodka she's going to have to down in the morning to live with the abomination that is her son.
>>
>>5283769
And I'm saying that I don't hoard. By saying that I am barely above a hoarder implies that I must be those cookie cutter collectors that just buy off stuff that they see and then bitch about them on the internet. This is why I am quite meticulous about where the toy comes from and if I own a legit. Like I said before I am a high end collector so I only usually collect the high end stuff.

>>5283770
You had no argument from the start, you just tried to mock me by saying that I live with my parents and that they clean my room for me in which I said that you are trying to project your life into mine. There was no argument from the start, you just wanted to mock me and now you are trying to act like there was any argument from the start.
>>
>>5283771
The argument is that you are not a special butterfly because youd rather suck scalper dick for status that does not exist outside of your head. Which makes you such a loser that you must not be capable of living on your own and thus never moved out.
>>
>>5283771
>high end stuff
Then you better collect something better than MPs. Not exactly high end material if the knock offs are of the same quality and a much more reasonable price.
>>
>>5283771
My saying you're barely above hoarders has nothing to do with whether or not you actually hoard, holy shit.
>>
File: ginrai ponder.jpg (40 KB, 680x518) Image search: [Google]
ginrai ponder.jpg
40 KB, 680x518
Do we...actually embrace ko's or are we just trying to break this guy mentally?

This thread was dead until he spoke up
>>
>>5283777
More often than not it's accepted since the KOs are pretty much the official products at better prices.
>>
>>5283777
I think the idea is that a lot of these recent MP KO's of near equal quality are acceptable but this guy raising his nose up at the idea of owning any of them because of "MUH BRAND LOYALTY" and "OFFICIAL" is ridiculous.
>>
>>5283778
Yeah. I think people have some dumb stigma against KOs because of the ones that are Easter Basket/dollar store quality so they're all bad and being from an official, authorized Hasbro Asian sweat shop makes them better.
>>
>>5283774
This is what I said
>And that is true for me spending money on KOs is infinitely more waste than spending an extra $50 for a scalped but real item.

What I meant was I would rather pay extra to a scalper than get the fake thing but if you scroll up to my earlier post, I got connections and friends who lives in Japan that can find me stuff for cheap since MPs are basically released there locally. I never said I would buy from a scalper. I really just see at the end of the tunnel that the lesser of 2 evils is the scalper trying to sell a legit item than owning a fake.
>>
>>5283782
Except buying from a scalper is the worst option of the two.

Jesus. You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>5283609
Seems like they only patented the Kreo combiners, not PCC or CW
https://www.google.com.ar/patents/US9067147
>>
>>5283785
No it's not because my main criteria is if I am getting something legit but like I said you are just threading on a what if scenario and I myself have never bought from a scalper because I got enough connections and knowledge where to buy stuff that I never result on buying from scalpers on top of me not being desperate to buy stuff that I don't really like from the start. I already said that I only buy what I like so I am always on top of pre-orders so if I ever do miss them I just skip them entirely or hunt it down and find them for super cheap.
>>
File: How-to-Talk-to-an-Autistic-Kid.jpg (638 KB, 731x900) Image search: [Google]
How-to-Talk-to-an-Autistic-Kid.jpg
638 KB, 731x900
>>5283788
I need to order this.
>>
>>5283511
The comics rarely if ever even focus on the toy you just bought. They're just a waste of paper and get tossed in the recycling bin along with the rest of the packaging.
>>
>>5283791
>not buying every Hasbro Generations & Combiner Wars figure to own their Official approved IDW comic book collection
>>
>>5283790
Yeah I think I need to order that to understand the mind of that anon that keeps going back about the scalper thing when I already gave him a clear explanation about that what if scenario to me buying stuff from a scalper when I already clearly explained the matter about it.
>>
>>5283798
I imported Unite Warriors Superion and Mensaor because they cost just as much as their US counterparts.

I get a picture of robots having fun together instead. Like the Aerialbots having a picnic or the Stunticons using real race cars to go go-karting.

Much nicer than Tumblrformers where Vicky's arm finds out her leg is secretly LESBOTRON for her and now DRAMA HAPPENS.
>>
>>5283511
Why would I waste my time reading garbage?
>>
>>5283820
And this is why I don't read American comic books
>>
>>5283449

You're right. Just leave it unopened. Why open a toy and do with it what it was meant for?

To be honest, though. God Ginrai is a brick. I display mine and I am sad because I broke off a peg on one of his turrets.
>>
>>5283841

Because you love and wallow in garbage, like the uncultured, debased swine-thing you are?
>>
>>5283854
That's an awfully nice comment you left right there, how sweet of you
>>
>>5283854
Hey, you're the one reading garbage man.
>>
File: 1436421887394.jpg (17 KB, 384x286) Image search: [Google]
1436421887394.jpg
17 KB, 384x286
>>5283617
Vortex and Breakdown were apparently the first CW figures to be designed. That's why Vortex is so small and Breakdown has that redundant sideways elbow action in arm mode. Therefore, every other copter is a repaint of Vortex.
>>
>>5283843
You know that didn't actually happen, right? They're just making shit up.
>>
>>5283399
Is that Megatron?
>>
>>5283070
>Greg repaint

So does it eat shit and rape trees?
>>
>>5283877
Yep, its his holomatter avatar.

Its fitting but I hope they don't use it too much
>>
File: autobot moegatron.jpg (51 KB, 594x408) Image search: [Google]
autobot moegatron.jpg
51 KB, 594x408
>>5283881
It's neat, although if this is recent IDW, shouldn't his cane have the Autobot logo?
>>
>>5283883
Good spotting there, it should...oversight I guess is my only explanation
>>
>>5283854
Whoah. Sing a song and your heart will never fall.
Make love, be a conscious animal.
>>
>>5283364
I wouldn't buy that mold. I have Generations and he's an atrocious figure. I'd say wait for Titan Wars.

>>5283399
If we get a "Pretender Wars", maybe then?
>>
>>5283858

I haven't read 'Garbage Man' since Ellis left the title.

>>5283933

What can I say? I like the comics and people judging them without reading them are scum and filth and need to be destroyed.

>>5283939
>Pretender Wars

Yes please...
>>
File: DSC_2953.jpg (586 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2953.jpg
586 KB, 663x1000
requesting back up!
>>
>>5283883
The others point that out to him next page and he drops it. The cane fizzles away.
>>
File: DSC_2957.jpg (531 KB, 663x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2957.jpg
531 KB, 663x1000
>>5283962
damn bugs!
>>
File: DSC_2959.jpg (542 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2959.jpg
542 KB, 1000x663
>>5283968
prowl just can't catch a break

something bout prowl, he's the best looking deadend repaint i've seen
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 451x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 451x522
I want to like this but jesus christ, it's so hollow.
>>
>>5283974
Aye. Sad times we're living in. Transformers has truly hit rock bottom.
>>
>>5283977
>RUINED FOREVER!
>>
>>5283977
I still think FOC deluxes were the worst point in Transformers.
>>
>>5283986
No, armada was. At least the FoC deluxes could move. I'm actually pretty fond of Shockwave and don't get all the hate it gets,it was easily the best the best Shockwave update until the MP. I especially like the Fireflight remold of it. Starscream was another pretty good mold that easily outclasses the old Classics version. There is nothing that compares the downturn going from the RiD deluxes to the Armada deluxes.
>>
>>5283990
by that argument, G1 is the worst point of transformers altogether
>>
>>5283726
Why do you care about someone who knows nothing about Transformers outside of buying them, messing with them for the review, then selling them just as quick to make rent.

He loves as Transformers as much as you love take a shit. For him it's a forced routine he needs to do to survive and there is no love or understanding behind it.

Paul is one of the most phoned in bullshit reviewers on the net.
>>
>>5283990
I actually really like all of the GoV figures with the exception of grimlock dino mode. Even sideswipe and jazz are decent figures imo with a lot of nice articulation. And FoC Optimus' main issue was the size and now there's an upsides KO which fixes that problem.
>>
>>5283994
Oh hi peaugh
>>
>>5283993
I have no nostalgia for G1 at all so I can't say I'm too fond of that, either. But at least that has the excuse of being the first and not having much of a point of comparison. And even then, the original Diaclone based cars all look nicer than the Armada cars from 16 years later. When Armada came out, there had already been 6 years worth of decently articulated and detailed Transformers figures, and about 2 or 3 years worth of articulated vehicle TFs specifically. and Armada took absolutely nothing from that. It was like all engineering was thrown out the window to start at 0. The fact that they so willfully abandoned the leaps they made in RiD in favor of simplification is worse than toys that weren't articulated just because the engineering on a budget wasn't possible in the 80's.
>>
>>5283998
I think Peaugh and Optibotimus' videos are both the same shit.

You learn nothing, get the toy, open it, talk about the obvious that we can see with our own 2 eyes (the color of the toy, the joints) all with no knowledge of the character or sometimes even the line it comes from, just get the toy, review it, then in the trash it goes (Actually they just sell it off on their Twitter because LOL NOT LIKE I ACTUALLY ENJOY OR COLLECT TRANSFORMERS JUST GIMME THAT YOUTUBE MUNEY NERDS)
>>
>>5283974
Hey, Let’s take Jesus off the dashboard.
Got enough on his mind. It's not that bad. Combiner wars deluxes are worse.
>>
>>5284027
CW deluxes had samefaggy mold use, but they're all far less noticably hollow.
>>
>>5283681
>Ginyu Force
I see what you did there
>>
>>5283996
For FOC, hasbro tried to save money by reducing metal components like pins, rivets and screws. My issue with them is that the toys are too sensitive to plastic tolerances. Sideswipe the retooled mold, especially, had joints that are either too loose or too tight.
>>
>>5283973
>>5283968
>>5283962
Did you get the other guys?

I'm really hung up on whether to get them or not since they all have more accurate figures that i'd rather have but It's out of my range to get them right now, they all look good aswell but I don't know, what do you guys think?
>>
>>5283974

I don't see the issue, as long as he transforms well and has decent articulation...why does it matter?

>>5283977

we are living in an era where Hasbro is doing things i never thought would happen back when Classics started in '06. Getting Combiners, Headmasters/Targetmasters...even motherfucking Titans.I mean Devastator, Metroplex and Fort Max I never could have believed would have happened.

I feel the low point was more around mid to late 2011 and a good chunk of 2012. when Hasbro started to downsize the figures and the engineering was meh. I feel Hasbro has improved since then.

also I think a lot of the 2009 ROTF engineering was overrated, overdesigned and half the damn toys couldn't stand up to save their life. 2010 though was awesome. Loved HFTD and the Generations line.

INB4 i'm called a Hasbro shill cause i'm not, I want Takara Devastator, i need muh elbows.

basically this is a good time right now.

>>5283994
>>5284026

why is this allowed?
>>
>>5284066
I guess the nice thing about Transformers is that they have some resale value . You could probably resell them at a small loss when you eventually find the other figures you're looking for.
>>
>>5284066
I've been told that both CW Ironhide and Prowl make better toys than their Universe2 counterparts. I'd also argue that CW Mirage is much more g1 accurate proportion-wise, but I hear the Classics mold is godly.

I'd pass on Sunstreaker, though. Just get the Universe2 one.
>>
>>5283973
>>5284066

CW Ironhide/Sunstreak/Prowl/Mirage are a few bucks off on Amazon right now. I just picked them up because they're actually below MRSP.
>>
>>5284112
Prowl's pretty great, I'm tempted on Mirage and Ironhide though. But classics Mirage is good already and I kind of wish theyd used the leg molding from First Aid for Ironhide.
>>
>>5284081
>I don't see the issue, as long as he transforms well and has decent articulation...why does it matter?

The reason they do that is because plastic costs so much. For some people (me included) it feels extremely cheap and can ruin the design. When toys feel really light it feels bad too.

I can't really judge Skullcruncher though since I don't have him in hand. I like Skybite despite having hallowish legs. He doesn't look as bad as some figures.
>>
The most perfect of heights.
>>
File: AConcensusIsReached.jpg (57 KB, 317x287) Image search: [Google]
AConcensusIsReached.jpg
57 KB, 317x287
>>5284129

I'm new to collecting, but not new to Transformers. They were my entire childhood. And I'm missing most of the G1 lineup because I only just started, and certainly can't afford to get the older Generations ones at scalper prices. So they seemed to be great to me, and I'd probably still have that opinion even if I was collecting previously. I just like the molds. Lots of articulation, easy to Transform, looks pretty much like I remember from my childhood, and has the added bonus of the combiner pegs.

So I jumped on that shit now that it's on sale. It's not the greatest sale I admit, but it's within my budget, AND less than MRSP.
>>
>>5284151

Is the US getting Nightbird, or is she too obscure to even bother making? I mean, shit, she was a one-off from the G1 show that I'm surprised anyone even remembered, and she wasn't even a Transformer, just a robot built by some scientist.
>>
>>5284157
>Is the US getting Nightbird
That would involve Hasbro either having a budget or owning paint.
>>
>>5284157
If Hasbro got it, it would be all dull grey. Wouldn't be worth it.
>>
File: Dustup.jpg (124 KB, 1022x1166) Image search: [Google]
Dustup.jpg
124 KB, 1022x1166
>>5284157
Maybe.
>>
>>5284199
God American Christmas Nightbird has seen some shit.
>>
>>5284199

I know everyone hates on it, but I really like the Victorian color scheme. I don't know why.
>>
>>5284199
Could someone invert the colors? I feel like this would be better if green was the main color.
>>
>>5284227
Because either you got shit taste or trannies with bright colors make you hard.
>>
>>5284153
Which characters in particular are you looking for? I can give you recommendations.
>>
>>5284257

Well, I've already gotten CW Optimus, Voyager Springer, UW Menasor, UW Superion, CW Defensor, FoC Grimlock with G1 colors from that set with the chrome movie Optimus, Arcee, Chromia, and FoC Soundwave.

Now I've just ordered CW Prowl, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Iron Hide, and Generations Goldfire and Windblade.
>>
>>5284282

Oh, and I'm mostly waiting on Hasbro to release a new Jazz, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, Hot Rod, Galvatron, Kup. I'm waiting on those because the Generations versions are pretty pricey, most are around $30 and I'm just not willing to pay that for a Deluxe figure (well, besides the Arcee I bought). And I'm probably going to pick up the CW Ultra Magnus and maybe Starscream. Plus CW Bruticus.

Oh, and I've got CW Megatron, too.
>>
>>5284295
The prices on Wheeljack and Kup aren't too bad. But there will be a CW Wheeljack and possibly a Kup in Titan Wars if the rumors of us getting new '86 movie deluxes are true.
>>
>>5284302
>the rumors of us getting new '86 movie deluxes are true.
Oh wow I hadn't heard about that.
>First half of the year is Headmasters
>Second half is a mix of Headmasters and movie/S4 Targetmasters
>>
>>5284302

Yeah, thats what I'm holding out for. I want a good Hot Rod figure, and I just can't afford huge per-figure prices. My limit for a Deluxe is around $20 per fig, and I try not to go above that. Hot Rod alone seems to go for around $50 for his Generations versions, and Kup's around $30.
>>
>>5284295
Ultra magnus is quite fun. The only complaints I have about mine are the hands/wrists and the fact that they could've added a waist swivel, but didn't.
>>
>>5283617
I'm excited for Bruticus, besides Quickoff it'll be all new molds I haven't messed with.
>>
>>5284199
God a silver sharpie would do wonders for this set
>>
File: rodimusdoesntlikethisshit.png (545 KB, 565x892) Image search: [Google]
rodimusdoesntlikethisshit.png
545 KB, 565x892
>>5284157

Hasbro has no plans for Nightbird...for now. you never know but i doubt it, and yeah it wouldn't look as nice since you know how they are about silver colours...dull grey.

>>5284199

I still want it, only because it's a fan built bot. :/

I dunno I feel like as a fan I should buy it. considering how no one likes it, it shouldn't be hard to wait till clearance sales.

>>5284318

I wouldn't count on it. I heard from an insider source Hasbro did consider Rodimus but will most likely not because of the upcoming MP.

which makes no sense because we got both a CW Leader Class and MP Ultra Magnus figure nearly the same year.
>>
>>5284352
What's the point of the picture you posted? Why do you feel the need to do this?
>>
>>5283113
>everyone is aiming and looking slightly to the left
>Blast Off goes into rebellious teenager mode
>family picture ruined
>>
>>5283186
Because not everyone uses the catalog?
>>
File: image.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1280
>>5284314
I remember something about how at NYCC they had silhouettes for mugshots of the first wave of deluxe headmasters. One had that crest '86 Blurr is known for.
>>
>>5284227
I like it too. I think it's because weird colours that contrast look good to me. I like Silverbolt and Botcon G2 Breakdown for the same reason I like Victorion. Most people probably before basic primary/neutral colours because Transformers are cars.
>>
File: file.png (406 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
file.png
406 KB, 500x605
>>5284366
I meant to say purple silverbolt from Universe 1.

Maybe Universe 1 just gave me eye cancer.
>>
>>5284364
>many years of "I don't nnat to use the name Wheeljack because it sounds like "car jacking" out of Aaron Archer
>also no Sky Lynx because he hated the character
>Archer is gone, we get Sky Lynx, Wheeljack and this name which I'm sure would offend Archer's sensitive manpussy
>>
>>5283883
>>5283887
Holomatter avatars reflect your personality, and Megatron is still coming to terms with leaving the Decepticons.
>>
File: P1010111.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1010111.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
QTC Transformers are fucking adorable. I wish I didn't miss out on the Evangelion 3pack and the first Hello Kitty.
>>
>>5284366
The colours themselves are fine, and it doesn't really matter since they were decided by vote. It's the layout and ratio of the colours that are bad.
>>
File: P1010082.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1010082.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Am I missing any good spider butts?
>>
>>5284378
You're missing the tabs the secure Tarantulas's shoulders upright, that's for sure.
>>
>>5283820
...post the Stunticon pic, please.
>>
>>5284378
I think Tarantulas is hot too, Anon.
>>
>>5284380
Fuck I was wondering why it looked off.

>>5284376
I don't get why they can't just make a straight forward fan toy without pulling some bizarre twist. The first one turned into a Geisha for no reason, this one has really out there colourscheme. It's like they're trying to screw with fans.
>>
File: P1010083.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
P1010083.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>5283820
The comics that come with the Legends toys are the best.
>>
>>5284385
>It's like they're trying to screw with fans.
They know they can release literally any piece of shit and it'll sell, because most Hasbro fans are so brainwashed that if they sold dog poop in the package, these morons would buy 2 to "support the brand".

>so many TF fans are also goddamned bronies
>>
>>5284378
transmetal BA?
>>
File: file.png (494 KB, 800x401) Image search: [Google]
file.png
494 KB, 800x401
>>5284391
I was thinking about that but I heard the toy wasn't very good. I really wanted Transmetal 2 Arcee when I was a kid though.

>>5284389
It just feels so misguided. Like whoever designs these wanted to push their own character designs instead of the fans.
>>
>>5284388
OMG Im soo offended :(

Hasbro needs to change this to cater to me!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drUQmBq0Oe8

>9 or 10 seconds in
Does CWC have a Titan Devastator?
>>
>>5284408
I'm so sorry you're offended by my opinion expressing how I don't like those two Transformer toys. From now on I'll be sure to cater to you instead. All my opinions on Victorion and Windblade will now have trigger warnings so you don't have a post traumatic flashback. :)
>>
>>5284408
So every geewunner ever then.
>>
>>5284418
Yeah I think he's making lots of money selling his Sonichu Medallions, art and amiibos on eBay/etsy.
>>
>>5284418
Good lord, something more vomit-enducing than the IDW comics.
>>
>>5284408
I don't actually dislike them. I just think if it was for the fans you'd think they would have had the colours and geisha thing in the poll because those are some pretty big visual traits they gave them.
>>
>>5284368
There was a Wheeljack in Armada.
>>
>>5284430
The colors were on the poll.
>>
>>5284432
Accidents happen. You were born, after all.
>>
>>5284440
He intentionally picked that name because it was an Autobot associated name that could work on a Decepticon.
Like the other options would have been Sideswipe (Used on the momcar), Inferno, and Mirage.
>>
>>5284419
He wasn't talking to you...
>>
>>5284368
It's hilarious that he had such a problem, given how he names 'his' characters for the Play With This Too kickstarter. I mean they had a sculpted middle finger 'bonus' that was revealed only as the ship was sinking.
>>
>>5284432
Armada was full of names slapped on characters just to keep the trademark.
>>
>>5284450
Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Jetfire, Thrust, Blurr, and Sideswipe were close enough.
>>
>>5284451
He means the mini-cons.
>>
>>5284453
Wheeljack isn't a Mini-Con. Better use for that would have been Red Alert, Smokescreen's first name, or Cyclonus.
>>
>>5283754
>pride as a collector

Eh if you did you wouldn't be collecting Tfs.
>>
File: DareYouEnter.jpg (33 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
DareYouEnter.jpg
33 KB, 208x250
>>5284460

People collect all sorts of dumb shit. Stamps, glass figures, porcelain clowns, sports shit, etc.

It's all got it's own special kind of shame attached. But that doesn't mean you can't be the happiest retard of the bunch with their giant robots. It's all in what makes you happy, and if being proud of your brightly colored toys makes you proud, more power to you.
>>
File: UWydWHA.png (2 MB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
UWydWHA.png
2 MB, 986x1378
>>5283676
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.