[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/ Standard, r8 and h8 shitbrews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: startledawake.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
startledawake.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Well, there seems to be no standard thread up, so lets all talk about the worst format.

What are you guys brewing? What are you net decking? Whats your local meta like?
I'm currently in the process of assembling the BG company deck, and trying to brew some shitty UB control deck. My local meta is lots of company, aggro, and mill, so for my shit brew i'm trying to make a deck that can counter all of those strategies.

r8 and h8

http://deckstats.net/decks/47438/479303-ub-brains?saved=1&lng=en
>>
I understand, nobody wants to play Avacyn only: Final Destination.
>>
File: HB20160404_icon.jpg (214 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
HB20160404_icon.jpg
214 KB, 768x432
>>47210636

Vampin' it up

Creature (29)

2x Asylum Visitor

4x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4x Falkenrath Gorger
4x Heir of Falkenrath Flip
3x Incorrigible Youths
4x Indulgent Aristocrat
4x Olivia, Mobilized for War
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker

Land (23)

2x Evolving Wilds
4x Foreboding Ruins
6x Mountain
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Swamp

Instant (8)

4x Fiery Temper
4x Lightning Axe

Sideboard (15)

2x Duress
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price
3x Visions of Brutality
>>
>>47210799
Looks like a reasonably clean list, but it has been my experience that vampires is not quite good enough yet. Its slower than Human Aggro, and less resilient/powerful than most of the control decks. I think what will truly make/break vampires in this format is what tribal cards we get in the second half of this set.

If we get more good and cheap humans than that deck will continue to be great, but some key zombies or vampires/rakdos burn spells could really make those tribes more powerful, or at least be included into decks on a tier 1 level.
>>
File: 1456101339798.jpg (81 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456101339798.jpg
81 KB, 540x540
I'm fucking bored of standard right now. Even though rotation just happened it feels like nothing changed, even though things did.
>>
>>47211586
I'm just waiting for Languish and flip walkers to rotate so vampires can be good.
>>
>>47210636
Im also playing UB brain, but my list is much different.
http://deck(dot)tk/848d1ozg
I want to add Season's Past. but I do not know how to split the manabase to add green.
>>
>>47211971
I know my deck still is called UB brains, but I actually removed the brain in the jars. I played the deck at FNM and game day, and although brain in a jar is supposed to get you value, it ended up being far too clunky, and ends up being a wasted card and a waste of mana. I also found mage ring network to be far too clunky. My list still needs to be tested, but its basically now a light combo-control deck, where i cycle through my deck very quickly to hit cards i need, and then get to flip my titi two turns after I play it, and get great value from my drownyard temples and mage ring responders. Basically, i can easily dump 10 instants/sorceries in my graveyard by the time i play responder, and then use my ramp from the temples to basically counter removal and companies, and then beat down with my disciples/titis and tap down thier threats. I can also win by comboing off with the 12 mana play, or attack for 8 and take an extra turn.

I feel like i need another card (not jace) but im unsure of what. Maybe the next set will bring good UB cards?
>>
>>47210799
imo try running a few of the masquerade card, maybe cutting some of your more costly creatures
>>
Hey guys looking to sell a few of my cards on ebay before the price goes down anymore.

How much should I ask for four flip Jaces and one Liliana (Sold together to make things easier for me), keeping in mind that I will make the shipping free too.
>>
>>47212110
I think that Brain is pretty essential.
The cards you're playing that don't work with brain (Clash of Wills and Epiphany) are not good enough to warrant not playing brain.
Also the cards you're playing are really only good with brain. Pore over the Pages, Nagging Thoughts, Pieces of the Puzzle, Rise from the Tides, and Petition are not good at sorcery speed. If you want to play control without playing brain your options are Seasons Past, Esper Dragons, BW, or Grixis. No reason not to just play one of those over straight UB.

Speaking of, there's probably no reason to not be paying 3C brain, but the only relevant colors seem to be green or white.
>>
Arlinns gonna be big in the next block of this set.
>>
> everything in this set is in free fall price wise
The fuck?
>>
File: 207.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/investigate-garbage/
thoughts?
>>
>>47212153
>>
>>47212380

Meta shift.

People have relied on khans and fates for fucking years, and now they're all scrambling to figure out what to do.
>>
I'm gonna run Mono-U BrainMill at this FNM.
Engulf the Shore is currently at 2x, but I wonder if I might up that. I guess it depends how quickly I can flip the TITI.
I'm considering running Rise anyway for another win-con, but slots are tight. I still need to figure out a way to squeeze in PtW.
>>
File: c4rd4rt_sgcQluw4MB.jpg (284 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4rt_sgcQluw4MB.jpg
284 KB, 750x450
I wanna play a semi-competitive mono B eldrazi deck for sunday standard at my LGS. Any tips for improvement?

4x Bearer of Silence
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Matter Reshaper
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Wasteland Strangler
2x Blight Herder

4x Transgress the Mind
3x Complete Disregard
3x Spatial Contortion

4x Corrupted Crossroads
3x Blighted Fen
3x Sea Gate Wreckage
2x Mirrorpool
12x Swamp
>>
>>47212455
You should've called your deck investigarbage.
I'm not criticizing your deck, it just seems like that would roll off the tongue better.

As for the actual deck, it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, it dies pretty hard to spot removal; You could stick a Tireless Tracker and a Graf Mole but if they get removed you'll be put back by quite a bit. With all your card draw it seems like you'll probably be seeing at least one more of each of those, but you'll still need to untap with each before they become real threats. Consider moving the Dispels or Negates to the mainboard and maybe drop a fat ugly green beater like Plated Crusher in there to help close games out.
Just a suggestion though. I don't know what your local meta looks like.
>>
>>47216097
Make mimics hedron crawlers for turn 3 thought nazis and mana fixing
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.