[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Zelda Attack.jpg (80 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Attack.jpg
80 KB, 750x500
Have you ever had one of your or your friend's PC come back as the BBG, /tg?
>>
File: venom.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
>>46632728
No but I'd like to try something like pic related at some point
>>
>>46632845
What are some of your ideas?
>>
>>46632728
Not yet.
He's currently the BBEG in another campaign, though.
I'm hesitant to have him face his allies again, mostly because he could only bring himself to kill one of them (the person who betrayed him). Currently, nobody's told them what's going on, because they think explaining the situation would make things worse.
I've told the betrayer that the person they sacrificed (somewhat unknowingly) will be back, though I haven't explicitly told who it is. I think the player knows, though, even if the character doesn't.
>>
>>46632728
No, but I do like to have their PCs come back as random NPC cameos.
>>
>>46632728
One of the PCs in a previous game I DM'd became a deity in future games, to honor their badassery.
>>
>>46632969
I haven't thought about it too much, this is way early in the making. All I've thought of is being a hero that everyone that looks up to and then for some reason (not sure yet) he decides to turn and kill everyone
>>
>>46632728
I made a cult leader out of a Blood God "Disciple" Summoner in PF. He was only ever refered to as the Master of Redemption, and his eidolon was the Angel Redeeming. He's petty much a cross between Hannibal Lector and Thulsa Doom, and his cult fronted off of the themes of Redemption, Flames, and the Removal of Earthly Bonds.
They were cannibals, obviously, but no one needs to know that.
He eventually became a lich through a ritual involving the Angel impaling 13 archons with a narwhal horn, then impaling both the Master and a phoenix egg. Due to rolling a nat20 on the ritual, my DM deemed he was "Forever Fleshy" and his negative energy appeared as skeletal burning cherubs.

God, that was fun.

The Redeemers have been a problem, but we haven't messed with the Master directly, yet. We need a campaign about taking on level twenty mythic lich with a small island country. I want it, though. It sounds crazy as shit.
>>
>>46632728
Had one where my PC turned out to be the BBEG, but never came back as one.
>>
>>46633490
How'd that fall out?
I'd assume everyone either got super-pissed or really impressed or some sort of mixture.
>>
>>46633638
A nice mixture of 'WTF dude' and 'clever girl.'

I'd been paying random shady characters at taverns to pass along information about the locations of loot filled ruins that happened to have artifacts that I was using for a ritual that I ended up using to use to destroy a paladin stronghold.

Did that, rest of the party shows up, kills me, then gets to be the big heroes. I at least made sure to leave a note to point out how much a bunch of bastards those guys were.
>>
>>46632728
No, but my friend's PC who died fighting a Lich got resurrected as the Lich's servent because they forgot to destroy the phylactery
>>
>>46632845
But he's not even your PC then
>>
>>46633187
My nigga.
>>
Not quite BBEG. I hinted that the plane the previous game's party was from had gotten rocked by a Mindflayer invasion. They didn't recognize the party Shadow Sun Ninja because, according to the fluff of the class, he had died going Shadow Sun Super Saiyan and come back as an erinyes (I know the class says vampire, but he was a tiefling, sue me) with a different name. The party bard was possessed by that old plane's (now defunct) goddess of death, and she and the SSN were trying to prevent a mindflayer invasion of THIS plane, and used crazy magic to summon the rest of the old party from their time-stasis fate of the old plane (the old party stopped the mindflayer invasion by dropping a time-stop nuke on the planet - themselves included. Post campaign), for one final showdown. And the players had to beat up and banish their old characters back to eternal stasis.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.