[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Snowflakes over Innistrad" edition >You a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: MTGWLSG.png (4 MB, 2835x1580) Image search: [Google]
MTGWLSG.png
4 MB, 2835x1580
>"Snowflakes over Innistrad" edition

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/
>Snowflake Repository
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_sBQQ9Kl6ZFfnpobDlCb2RGU2F4V19aNEpTdVZoQU1UYkUtTFVJcjVVVW9lQm5IMklRT00&usp=sharing

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Snowflakes in this non-Wednesday UR thread. No Chandere shit posting.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net

>Thread Topic
Shadow over Innistrad confirmed, what do you think the story will be about. Will Lili be there?
How will Snowflakes react? Will property value on Innistrad go down.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 600x455
Reminder.
>>
File: Nahiri the Cute o Mancer.jpg (50 KB, 570x800) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri the Cute o Mancer.jpg
50 KB, 570x800
>>43416970
>Implying Nahiri isn't Avacyn
>>
>>43416931
I'm just glad we might be getting Transformation again, that was cool and I'm glad its coming back, far as lore goes although I would enjoy 'all that goes bump in the night' VS.Eldrazi bloodborne style, I'd rather have some new stuff. Heck, they could pull a swerve on us and have Avacyn go evil, what with the twisted collar and all, one could say they've...twisted her message turning Avacyn's, collar, the symbol of her church, something werewolves hate... into something evil and dark.

Also. I'd like to see a legendary werewolf. COME ON WIZARD. WEREWOLF LEGENDS! *Clap clap clap clap* WEREWOLF LEGENDS! etc.
>>
>>43417004
>implying she is
>>
File: moon presence.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
moon presence.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Bloodborne in cards.

Don't let me down WotC.
>>
>>43417297
Avacyn turned all of the Werewolves into Wolfier.
>>
File: bloodborne amygdala.webm (266 KB, 484x434) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne amygdala.webm
266 KB, 484x434
>>43417553
>>
Is it the Eldrazi over Innistrad?
>>
File: micolash kek.jpg (249 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
micolash kek.jpg
249 KB, 800x533
>>43417553
>>43417569
GRANT US EYES GRANT US EYES
>>
All I want is a Blood Moon reprint.
>>
>>43417791
If there's anything a EDH player hates, it's a resource denial —especially Blood Moon, the symbol of bad people.
>>
>>43417577
We don't know for sure yet, but probably, yes.

>>43417856
I actually kek'd, well played.
>>
>>43417856
Haven't really gotten to use my blood moon yet.
>>
>>43417911
How fucked would Innistrad be at that point?

I say from 1 to 10, a solid 8.
>>
>>43418037
Yeah, an 8 sounds about right.
If Sorin dies, that goes up to a full 10 or even 11. Innistrad ain't shit without its literal god alive to protect it.
>>
>>43418037
Unlike Zendikar that wants to work together Innistrad would fail only because they can't form up teams. Unless they make a mechanic or have it where everyone in Innistrad is so selfish they try to get swole to beat the Eldrazi. Lots of death touch, menace, and must attack each turn if able. Maybe a new mechanic.
>>
>>43418095
It might still have Avacyn
Sorin is pretty much useless at this point.
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24 KB, 260x266) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24 KB, 260x266
>>43417856
If there's anything a Magic: The Gathering player hates, it's a bad card —especially a bad Magic: The Gathering card, the symbol of bad card game.
>>
File: sarnai profile.png (1 MB, 1558x1185) Image search: [Google]
sarnai profile.png
1 MB, 1558x1185
>>43418281
If there's anything a lorefag hates, it's a snowflake—especially a Chandere snowflake, the symbol of bad writing.
>>
File: rise of the fblthp.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
rise of the fblthp.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>All of the snowflakes who have a stake in Innistrad see Emrakul floating down
>Razhiel's shitty little fiefdom is getting blown the fuck out...again.
>Musa's property values plummety
>Damien hopes the Eldrazi eat the demon he's contracted to.
>All the other snowflakes visiting... "Ah, I hear Ravnica's nice this time of year."
>>
File: tharunya.jpg (60 KB, 736x1431) Image search: [Google]
tharunya.jpg
60 KB, 736x1431
>>43418640
>All of the snowflakes who have a stake in Innistrad see Emrakul floating down
Except one...
>>
>>43417560
Nah, only those that wanted to. We can assume it was the majority of werewolves, but likely some liked being split between the man and the wolf rather than being both always.
>>
File: Darthvader.png (440 KB, 544x623) Image search: [Google]
Darthvader.png
440 KB, 544x623
>>43418618
If there's anything the Galactic Empire hates, it's the rebels —especially the Rebel Alliance, the symbol of a revolt.
>>
So who's likely the Eldrazi on Innistrad? Most of us banked on Emrakul, given that she's the strongest of the trio, her spawn are particularly Lovecraftian, and her being sealed on the moon of the plane that's home to both a very magically powerful moon AND the home of one of the original sealers makes good for a story, but now...

Either Kozilek is actually the smartest and thus most powerful (Ulamog is a wild beast and Emrakul is above mortals- Kozilek interacts with mortals as individuals, and thus is the most sick and twisted. ) and Emrakul invading Innistrad is merely a diversion, or

Kozilek is invading Innistrad, and Emrakul is waiting up to attack a more important plane for the story- namely Ravnica.

We have to remember that Wizards plans blocks out as a story. Ulamog, as both the smallest, weakest, and least intelligent, is dealt with first. Kozilek is the smartest (being able to understand and exploit relationships between mortals) and Emrakul is the most powerful, being more akin to a force of nature than a plane devouring monster.

Depending on how Wizards wants to take the Eldrazi (Kozilek being the final boss means Eldrazi are malignant and evil) (Emrakul being the final boss means Eldrazi are too alien and different to even have morality or even comprehend the concept) determines exactly what Eldrazi are. Are they a natural cleanup function of the multiverse, and thus just 'are'?, or are they acting as leaders or part of some greater plan for control or destruction or whatever, making them evil?
>>
>>43418095
He could hardly be called a god anymore. Now he's just another of the living vampires of Innistrad with the added bonus of being able to go wherever he can imagine to alleviate his eternal boredom.

Even when he was a near-god, he was and still is horrifically irresponsible. Honestly if Avacyn really felt like it she could probably smite Sorin out of the Multiverse's (and our) collective misery.
>>
>>43418893
If there's anything Games Workshop hates it's fans - Especially Warhammer fans, the symbol of WHYDIDYOUNERFMYSISTERSYOUMOTHERFUCKERSREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43418953
>Are they a natural cleanup function of the multiverse, and thus just 'are'?, or are they acting as leaders or part of some greater plan for control or destruction or whatever, making them evil?
Yes
>>
>>43416970
But Dominaria wasn't destroyed by unspeakable horrors.
It was destroyed by very speakable ones.
Serra's Realm didn't have kor, and it's destroyed.
Old Phyrexia was essentially annihilated, and there are no kor there either.
Khans Tarkir ceased to exist entirely, and the only thing kor-related that could possibly have affected that was the ABSENCE of a kor.
Your theory is shit.
>>
>>43418953
The Eldrazi will never hit Ravnica, if only due to mechanical reasons.
They have enough trouble getting enough spots in for all the guilds, which is a necessity for a Ravnica set mind you, and throwing in the Eldrazi ON TOP OF that just wouldn't work. The place is just too tied to the guilds thematically to be able to support both themes.
>>
>>43419052
Don't forget that, more importantly, chandere is retarded. Her hatred of kor stems from a particular kor (Nahiri) that 'she' believes is Sorin's love interest. Whether Nahiri is, was, or ultimately will be Sorin's love interest is up in the air at the moment (personally, I'm favoring a senpai type love that Sorin eventually reciprocates when she saves his life or something), but what's important to note is that the chandere believes that Sorin and Nahiri actually exist, that Nahiri somehow raped Sorin, that all kor are guilty of the imagined crime of one, that Sorin actually really loves chandere and not Nahiri, and thus chandere is being keked by Nahiri. So basically, insanity.

It could also stem from the sadly common frequency of how males versus females see as the 'peak' of personal bestness (sex appeal, fitness, intelligence, etc). Males stereotypically acknowledge someone else is higher towards the peak than they are, and strive to be like that peak. Females stereotypically view themselves as already being at the peak, and decry anyone else as "trying too hard" or "doing it wrong". Thus, chandere's hatred of Nahiri possibly stems from her own insecurities that Nahiri is a better mate than she is.

Or she's a very, very, bad troll that's also insane.
>>
>>43419361
I want /r9k/ to leave
>>
>>43419401
Agreed. chandere, why don't you put your trip back on so we can block you and actually talk about the lore of mtg. You aren't even particularly knowledgable in your preferred subject- Sorin and vampires.
>>
File: chernobyl face.jpg (634 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chernobyl face.jpg
634 KB, 1600x1200
>>43419401
>>
>>43416931
>That teaser

So the rumor was right they are going to seal at least one eldrazi in innistrads moon and the sets going to be Lovecraft horror.

I gotta say I did not expect that one to turn out true.
>>
>>43416931
What are some of the good aspects of Black? I know it's supposed to be the (potentially) most honest/straightforward color and the color of ambition but what else that isn't "doom and gloom and necromancy and parasitism"?
>>
>>43420091
Individuality/nonconformity and resourcefulness. Also, black is capable of doing good out of self-interest.
>>
>>43418037
Well, given that Sorin will probably sacrifice himself to seal the Eldrazi in the moon, it'll most likely be fine in the end.
>>
>>43420184
Unfortunately I doubt we'll get sexy cuddle elves from Nissa communing with Zendikar.
>>
Sup nerds.
Recently bought a few packs and a stsrter deck, and have fallen in love. Coming from Pomemon tcg, It's refreshing to see every card can be useable to an extent.
Looking at buying a box soon. What set would you guys recommend?
>inb4 buy singles
Packs are fun senpai
>>
>>43420615
This isn't really the thread for this, we're about fluff here. But I'll bite.
Battle for Zendikar is the latest set, and while it's over 99% shit, there are these super-rare and super-valuable "expedition" lands you can pull from packs. Go with that if you feel like gambling. Origins is pretty solid, simpler for beginners too. Khans of Tarkir is probably your best bet for sheer value. Fate Reforged and Dragons of Tarkir are absolute shit, don't bother.
>>
>>43420184
We can hope, right?
>>
>>43420685
Thanks mane. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread lmao. I pulled a foil Arid Mesa from one Zendikar pack a few days ago, is that one of the lands you're referring to?
But fab. I'll go for Khans or Origins. Thanks for your help!
>>
>>43420831
Yes, yes it is one of the Expeditions.
You are very lucky.
>>
File: 1426367521584.gif (541 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1426367521584.gif
541 KB, 300x168
>>43419556
Wait, is that's what she looks like? A goth qt, pic related
>>
File: 1438067786412.jpg (349 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1438067786412.jpg
349 KB, 1200x1600
>>43421188
>qt
>>
>>43421188
put your trip back on so we can block you, kek-chan
>>
File: 73929.jpg (36 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
73929.jpg
36 KB, 225x350
>>43421274
Nice
>>43421340
It's been years since my last trip I was that death teh kid guy on /a/ back in 2007, hell I don't even remember how to do the trip code anymore
>>
>>43421340
>>43421377
>trip
Jesus Christ Chandere just uses a name. Get your terminology right. It's as easy as putting a name on, see?
>>
>>43421441
You must be an incredibly reasonable person who knows the lore and doesn't want to murder people's wives and dogs.
>>
>>43421188
Oh hey Chandere's stalker
I thought you died
there was celebration.
>>
>>43421479
Of course I am, its just that Chandere's name isn't secure at all. There was even a time where a half dozen anons decided to put it on and chased her away with it for about a week.
>>
>>43421529
That was a good week.
>>
>>43417004
What? Sorin made his daughter look like his waifu?
>>
>>43421585
Sorin made his waifu into his angel
Then he will sacrifice his spark and life to reignite her out of vampire feels.
>>
>>43421626
Except for the bit where Ugin heavily implies that Avacyn had already been created when he first meets Nahiri.
>>
>Shadows over Innistrad
>Releasing only four and a half years after original Innistrad
>Maro has confirmed that the plan going forward is 50% new, 50% returning planes.
Let's look at the planes that we've visited in Modern expert-level expansions:
>Mirrodin/New Phyrexia
>Kamigawa
>Ravnica
>Dominaria
>Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
>Alara
>Zendikar
>Innistrad
>Theros
>Tarkir

Of those, we can knock out Kamigawa and Lorwyn/Shadowmoor because we've been told time and again that they performed poorly.

On October 15th, Maro announced that they had just begun exploratory design for the Fall 2018/Winter 2019 block, "Spaghetti" and "Meatballs." Since it would be outright foolishness for them to start work on a return block before getting the feedback from the previous visit, we can assume that a minimum of four years must pass between a visit and a return. This means that the earliest possible returns are:
>Dominaria: Fall 2016
>Mirrodin/New Phyrexia: Fall 2016
>Alara: Fall 2016
>Ravnica: Fall 2016
>Theros: Fall 2017
>Tarkir: Fall 2018
>Zendikar: Fall 2019
>Innistrad: Spring 2020
>Fall 2016 block: Fall 2020
>Spring 2017 block: Spring 2021
>Et cetera

Maro also clarified his statement on "50% new, 50% returning" by giving us the model:
>Zendikar - new
>Scars of Mirrodin - return
>Innistrad - new
>Return to Ravnica - return
>Theros - new
>Khans of Tarkir - new
>Battle for Zendikar - return
>Shadows Over Innistrad - return

So, after this cycle, we'll be set for one return a year, rather than two-return years.

The 2015 "Checking in on the Planeswalkers" made it abundantly clear that stuff is happening on Theros. My prediction is that the spring 2017 block will be a return to Theros, possibly with a return to New Phyrexia the following year as Elspeth goes to deal with Elesh Norn. Which makes 2019 the year in which one might expect to see a rebellion on Tarkir.
>>
>>43421882
>no return to Lorwymoor

That makes me really sad, but given the terrible art that was in Origins, I think I'd prefer if the block's perfection remained crystallized in our memories.
>>
>>43419361
>Her hatred of kor stems from a particular kor (Nahiri) that 'she' believes is Sorin's love interest.

What the fuck is this? Chandra isn't in love with Sorin. Hell, she's more likely to be boning Gideon.
>>
>>43422136
Nobody was talking about Chandra, they were talking about the cancer known as chandere. Entirely different.
>>
>>43422136
Not Chandra (the planeswalker), chandere (the namefag)
>>
>>43422160
>>43422153
Oh, wow, that takes me back.
>>
Can't help but notice a lot of the cooler looking warrior human characters are girls.

Why does WotC hate badass human male warriors so much?
>>
>>43422416
No.
>>
>>43422477
How about dem armored knights
>>
File: Knight-of-Obligation-MTG-Art[1].jpg (641 KB, 1000x681) Image search: [Google]
Knight-of-Obligation-MTG-Art[1].jpg
641 KB, 1000x681
>>43422548
We've had a lack of actual knights lately due to having first a Greek Block, then a Asian And Dragon Block, then Return To Things Getting Horribly Maimed And Devoured (While The Environment Is Trying To Horribly Maim You Too), so we haven't had a block that's good for supporting proper Armored Knights since RTR
>>
>Innistrad's moon has special sealing properties
>Innistrad's moon is made of silver
>Silver can be transported from plane to plane

So what if they take Innistrad's moon... And slam it into Zendikar?
>>
>>43422826
Silver can't be transported from plane to plane, though.
It CAN, however, safely be transported back in time.
>>
>>43422898
Hm, I thought Karn was silver simply because of that property.
>>
>>43423023
Exactly. He was silver so he could be sent back in time - Urza was hoping to stop Phyrexia before it ever started. Or maybe just stop the Brother's War.
Instead his time machine only went back like a week or so and exploded Tolaria.
It had nothing to do with planeswalking.
>>
>>43421882
Man I really wanted to go back to Lorwyn.

Also Return to Return to Ravnica when?
>>
>>43422898
>Seal the Eldrazi in Innistrad's moon
>Send it back in time to get them out of everyone's hair
>It crashes into Tarkir in the past
>Return to Tarkir has the clans again, with the dragonlords having gotten fucked by the impact
>Sarkhan accidentally frees the Eldrazi
>>
>>43418640
>Rio is salavating
>"The most deadiest prey. Just at my doorstep! "
>Madness that makes the maddest of scientists look sane.
>>
>>43418640
>Galen trying to figure out how to hang things that lack necks.
>>
>>43424253
So....Rio's retarded, then?
>>
>>43424407
Flakecomic when?
>>
>>43424407
>"Just string 'em up by everything! Something's gotta be important!"
>>
>>43424695
>Sorin comes back to Innistrad to find Eldrazi drones dangling from trees like fruit
>locals are fine
>Emrakul fucked off because this food is by no means fast
>>
>>43424644
Vampire Garruk is what Rio boils down to. He is a monster of a man who just want to prey upon the most dangerous things in the multiverse. Does not see Planeswalkers as such but sees the Eldrazi as world eating foes that he could try to drain. Yes he is batshit insane
>>
>>43424695
I think Galen and Abline would get along very well.
>>
>>43425372
Before or after the initial meeting?
>What the fuck was that?
>A construct. You have those where you're from, right?
>Ours are more corpsey. And flammable.
>>
>UR commander is a female Izzet goblin
>Isn't Crixizix
Oh, for fuck's sake. Bad enough that Feather got shoved under the rug for RTR block, now this?
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 768x432
Oh boy, here we go.
>>
>>43426105
Is that fucking Jace... AGAIN!?
>>
>>43426105
>>43426182
Welp, guess we're not getting Tamiyo in SOI anymore.

Either that or she's being killed off to make room for Jace.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 750x450
[Return to Theros intensifies]

Also, this makes Daxos the first of the "main" commanders to be a returned character we've seen before. That's one for three, with only black-green and green-blue unknown.
>>
I wanna see the next theros villain be a man whose soul as a demon found his body as a returned and reunited with it, resurrecting him in an unholy manner.
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903 KB, 400x300
>>43426230
>>43426309
>Return to Theros
>Set ends with a massive Phyrexian invasion just as Elspeth gets out of the underworld.
>She has to watch as another plane becomes corrupted
>mfw
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 684x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 684x1081
>>43419361
>>
>>43426309
Except that those who become demons are different from the eidolon-returned setup. He wouldn't have a separate returned body.
>>
>>43426182
>>43426224
I'm more worried that they're going to try to shove him and Liliana into interacting.
>>
>>43425879
Definitely after but she might see his actions before meeting him as an it extreme.
They both are Red driven. And she would agree while his methods may be out there they are effective.

Also she would be confused if that is a zombie or a construct . As it shares features of both things from Fiora.
>>
>>43426230
Has there been a plane shoved down the player's throats as much as Theros?

>Immediately following its block it's in a core set
>Gideon's from there apparently and he's gotten a Mediterranean race change as a result
>two commanders from the 2015 release are from Theros
>>
>>43426959
dominaria
>>
>>43426976
The difference is that Dominaria was the clear main setting of the story, since then we've been plane-hopping and Theros has gotten special treatment
>>
>>43426976
Well that was not so much a throat shove more than a lack of vision for more worlds. The story they had then was focused on the crew of one ship.
>>
Are people still arguing that SOI isn't gonna be emraped.

It's literally referencing Lovecraft.
>>
>>43427390
No, mostly over how Ken Nagle is going to fuck it up.
>>
>>43427439
>>43427390
I well it seems from the announcement of the next duel deck that it might be focused on angels vs demons or vampires.
Blessed vs Cursed.
>>
File: Zosimei.png (376 KB, 903x1901) Image search: [Google]
Zosimei.png
376 KB, 903x1901
Zosime on Innistrad sounds like fun. She would like to have a night with Saint Traft and his lady.
>>
>>43426959
Ravnica.
>>
File: 1422029616784.jpg (109 KB, 1100x914) Image search: [Google]
1422029616784.jpg
109 KB, 1100x914
>>43421274

A-are those hairs on her finger?
>>
>>43426224
Don't give up hope, maybe she has gone multicolor? I mean we got Kiora in this set, maybe she will be other colors and be in the second part? Or something?
>>
>>43426105
Edgy Jace coming right up. Just as soon as they managed to make this character half interesting in BFZ, they ruin it by overhusing him (again), bringing back his emo emo phase and forcing his love story with an overly sexualized hot chick centuries older than him
>>
>>43428718
I actually seriously doubt that they're going to push Jace X Liliana. Pretty much everything that has come out has shown that it was a bad relationship and that he's wary of her. And Tumblr would fucking explode in pure rage if they did.
>>
>>43428549
Among other hairy things you don't want to see, yeah "her" finger are hairy.
>>
File: W4LIacC.gif (945 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
W4LIacC.gif
945 KB, 500x354
>>43426105
HEY KIDS REMEMBER JACE!? YOU LOVE IT!!! NOW YOU CAN RIDE HIS DICK IN EVERY FUCKING SET!

what? what's a "tamiyo"?
>>
>>43427993
>Taft is a ghost
>Zosime prefers the D
That sounds like a disaster for the poor goat.
>She wanders through villages seducing lone men at night.
>They claim some demon succubus atracked them.
>Zosime becomes legend as the people fear that men out at night are seduced and she steals their souls right out of their dicks unless tribute is paid.
>Other planeswalkers get involved to stop her because.
>Zosime milks it for all it's worth.
>When asked why she can only respond
>"Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten laid?"
>>
>>43416931
So, anyone else excited for our new snake-people friends?
>>
>>43424253
>>Madness that makes the maddest of scientists look sane.
>"Oi!"
-Pink
>>
>>43426105
To be fair, they've made a point of emphasizing how they want to do a continuous story now, so it makes sense that they'd use certain characters through multiple blocks. Jace is a better fit than Gideon or Nissa, and Lilliana's almost certainly going to be there. Chandra's kind of the wild card.
>>
>>43429000
>all the men she tries to seduce run away because goat legs
>>
>>43429691
>Goat legs
>Horns
How else do you think they know she's a succubus?
Poor guys terrified out of their minds when she starts giving chase.
>>
>>43429643
They could have just had Liliana there, though. They didn't need to also involve Jace.
>>
>>43416931
Man, I had forgotten how hideous a lot of the old art was
>>
File: 1446298124207.png (37 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446298124207.png
37 KB, 625x626
>>43430169
>>
Quick fluff questions, can neo-walkers bring passengers with them? Are their spells that summon creatures bringing the real thing, or are they just echoes of past beings they knew?
>>
>>43430319
No and no - they can't bring anyone with them, and summoning is making aether construct copies of things. The Boros aren't short a soldier because you summoned a Skyknight or Swiftblade. Legendaries are the way they are due to a combination of effort put into them (you're focusing on the details to get something SPECIFIC made instead of making a generic) and your mind going 'there's only one of them'
>>
>>43430357
So, what's the fluff explanation for summoning other walkers? Am I gating them in, or is it also aether constructs?
>>
>>43430357
I thought so. What about other in game mechanics? Do lands represent the planeswalker having made certain connections to a certain place on a plane or are they just that, an in-game mechanic? What about planewalkers? Are they aether constructs too are they the actual thing, there presumably because the buddied up with the player?
>>
>>43430543
You're essentially calling in favors from them. It's not a mana construct, it's the actual person. That's why they have "loyalty" instead of health--things get bad and they just planeswalk out on you.
>>
>>43430547
The way I assumed it worked was that you were attuning yourself to the land and drawing your power from the plane itself.
>>
File: Valerius Snowflake sheet.jpg (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Valerius Snowflake sheet.jpg
1 MB, 1562x1186
Are we still doing these?
>>
New Commander reactions-

>Daxos the Returned

Sweet. More lore characters the better, and enchantments/tokens for BW is nice as well.

>Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest

Um, okay? It's very very good to get another Golgari character, and his ability is OP as fuck, but he doesn't really scratch any specific itches I had. Glad to know the BG deck will be overpowered as always.

>Kaseto, Orochi Archmage

That's AWESOME, getting some sweet Kamigawa cards. Note that Seshiro was the first Orochi to reach out to the human Budoka, and he learned many koans. Koans are self contained questions/doubts used in Buddhism to get closer to zen through meditation and reflection. So that's the "wisdom greater than poison or fangs" the flavor text is talking about.

>Mizzix of the Izmagnus
>Not Crixizix, another female Izzet goblin that's already established in lore.

Man, unless they account for this problem (Just make Mizzix be Crixizix's granddaughter or something simple like that) I'm gonna be real angry.
>>
>>43430195
>Pretending that most of the old art wasn't ass, with a few good pieces that people cherry-pick whenever the discussion comes up
kek
>>
>>43431144
I like how the keep pushing Kamigawa stuff even though we will never return to it. If they wanted to do a new japanese plane they would have by now.
>>
>>43431213
Such trolling.

I think most people enjoy digital paintings than some of the CGI pieces or one of those awful old ones. Generalizing that all the old art was bad is stupid.
>>
>>43431505
You'd think they would milk Asian myths/stories for kamigawa or another Asian themed plane

There's plenty to rip off
>>
>>43431587
well, Tarkir ate up pretty much everything Asia that wasn't China or Japan- the Mongol Mardu, the Shaolin Jeskai, the Turkish Abzan, the Cambodian Sultai, and the Siberian Temur.

And even with creating a new Asian plane based on China or Japan, it would have many comparisons and be judged against the originals- Kamigawa for Japan and Portal Three Kingdoms for China (which additionally is based off of real Chinese history and story- being that Three Kingdoms is the Chinese equivalent to our tales of King Arthur and Homer.)
>>
>>43431587
We were literally just on Tarkir.
>>
>>43431839
P3k was non canon as fuck though
>>
>>43431839
What about a straight up India plane
>>
>>43431892
and look how gutted it got
>>
>>43431909
That needs repeating. Portals: Three kingdoms is just a straight rip of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Even more so than Rabiah being a rip of 1001 Arabian Nights. At least Rabiah has a chance to be "And then something happened that threw it wildly off course into our vaguely middle eastern plane."
Three kingdoms is just the Romance, and they'd need to make their own china plane from the ground up.

>>43431920
Dragons raping everything does not change the fact that we just had two sets of "the Mongol Mardu, the Shaolin Jeskai, the Turkish Abzan, the Cambodian Sultai, and the Siberian Temur."
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 536x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 536x640
>>43431913
How about a straight up Indian plane?
>>
>>43431057
The snowflake fad has died out. In fact, these generals are dying in general.

A good thing, since there's no content worth discussion except on Wednesdays.
>>
>>43432031
But we already have Kaladesh.
>>
>>43432043
Kaladesh isn't straight-up Indian, it's a steampunk plane with vaguely Indian names painted on.

Also, the guy obviously means an American Indian plane.
>>
>>43432072
Ya basically. Who would be a good antagonist? Coyote? The Thunderhawk? Or something else?
>>
I've been kind of interested in the MTG novels/comics, as I have a lot of train rides in front of me and I need shit to do while on tour.

How are they? Are there any recommendations? I've read on some salvation post from 2012 that there's a ton of them that are generally considered pretty bad.

Favourite planes are Zendikar, Ravnica and Phyrexia, if those have anything noteworthy and decent enough.
>>
>>43431913
It could work, but India doesn't hold the same weight in the American people's minds as China or Japan does. Additionally, the Sultai used a lot of that design space as well.

>>43431909
Still, it currently holds the position as "The China set" in our minds. A new China set would have to usurp that position in our minds.

Lorwyn/Shadowmoor was the "British Fairytale plane"
Innistrad is the "English Horror plane", which is now expanding to cover Lovecraft's work.
Theros is the "Greek and a touch of Roman Mythology plane"
Ravnica is "Slavic/Gothic architecture plane" that quickly became the city, multicolor melting pot center of the Multiverse.

Each plane occupies a certain place in our minds. Two different planes can't hold the same position- one has to reign supreme. That's why we're never getting sets in Arkhos or Mongseng- Theros and Tarkir have taken their place. The same will likely happen with Valla and Kaldheim when we finally get our Nordic plane.
>>
>>43432138
>Zendikar
Avoid.
>Ravnica
Apparently the original Ravnica novels were excellent. Haven't touched them, though.
>Phyrexia
I personally enjoyed the Invasion block novels but universal agreement is that the Mirrodin Besieged novels are awful.

Nostalgiafags worship the Weatherlight Saga when only parts of it were good, while everything written during and after Zendikar is absolute trash. Don't go into it expecting anything other than typical fantasy schlock and you shouldn't be too disappointed.
>>
>>43432031
>>43432072
>>43432092

It'd have to be spread out to a generic "WILD Wild Wild West" theme, that then brings in issues of technology levels.

It'd also have to be Western Indians because of our perceptions of them versus Native Americans on the Eastern coast- both were "in the way" for America, but the eastern ones not so much.

Not to get all tumblr esque shit on this, but what it boils down to is that, yes, we'd have to have a Western plane, because they're on more of an equal fighting field than the Native Americans on the east coast.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>no uncharted realms where jace planeswalks to PTK during the battle of Chibi and gets burned to death
>>
>>43432266
Parallels, without directly aping. You can have themes of exploration, of a sparse and wild frontier that is ripe for the taking, with angry natives that seek to defend their homeland from intruding forces.

Oh, wait. Zendikar.
>>
>>43432292
>no uncharted realms where jace dies

life is suffering
>>
Ezuri confirmed competed

http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2015-story
>>
>>43432861
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2015-story
>Karlov
>Teysa Karlov
Welp, we're dealing with her great grandfather or something.
>>
>>43432861
I so can'T wait for his reveal.
The U/G commander was all I was waiting for in this set and not only having great art but also, according to the flavor, buffing your own stuff up, like I hoped, but more than likely incorporating artifacts into this, Phyrexia and all, will be absolutely amazing.

Also makes me really damn hype about the next Return to New Phyrexia.
>>
RIP in pieces Ezuri.
>>
>>43432954
Uncle, actually. Well, father, biologically, but LEGALLY her uncle.
>>
>>43432861
rip in your 38 newly attached pieces ezuri
>>
>>43416931
You know, do we really know what Sorin's and Avacyn's relationship is like? I know he created her and trusts her with Innistrad's well-being but I don't think we've ever seen them interact.

She's charged with keeping all of the dark and dangerous creatures of Innistrad from hunting the humans from extinction, including the vampires. So what does Avacyn think of her "father"? Is he kinda like a semi-reformed criminal in her eyes? Does she even really care about him or does she condemn him as another of Innistrad's monsters? Does she feel any kind of connection to him other than "he created me"?

If he went over the deep end certainly she would want to stop him but Ugin said that Sorin's only ever really out to insure his own survival. Would he have put some kind of failsafe in her to make her ignore his own actions?
>>
>>43421882
>Maro has confirmed that the plan going forward is 50% new, 50% returning planes.

Source?
>>
>>43429627
>"Simmer down my dear brethren. I mean no insult to you. You are always worthy of a hunt."
>And thus Rio is the mad man version of the Master.
>>
>>43432861
Ok, so Daxos is still kinda there, not totally just a Romero zombie, but this with magic.
>>
>>43429799
>>43429691
You know Enthralling is her speciality.
>>
>>43433583
The returned is the body of the person sans memories of who they were.
>>
>>43433454
Sorin has gone so far beyond caring, I think he hasn't for two reasons.

1: He believes that nothing he could do would be noticed by Avacyn because he keeps his feeding down to a absolute minimum and might not even feed while he's on Innistrad.
2:He can just leave, if Avacyn wants him dead he can just go, Avacyn can't catch him if he tried to run, he can come back all he wants. Avacyn, as proved by Garruk can't really stop planeswalkers.

I like to think that Avacyn has no idea that Sorin created her, and that he's just the disowned heir to the Markov family of vampires that never leaves his mansion. So there's no hate just a lack of caring.
>>
>>43433032
>Teysa is plotting to kill the council
>There is a Karlov on the council
>>
>>43433737
>he's her uncle
>ghost-molested her as a child
>he's the reason the entire council will fall eventually
>>
>The giants of Theros draw their strength from the land itself. Kalemne, though, has turned to a different source—mighty Iroas. Anything but a savage brute, Kalemne is a disciple of the soldier's god, leading superhuman troops—giants, dragons, and even The giants of Theros draw their strength from the land itself. Kalemne, though, has turned to a different source—mighty Iroas. Anything but a savage brute, Kalemne is a disciple of the soldier's god, leading superhuman troops—giants, dragons, and even angels—to glorious triumphsThe giants of Theros draw their strength from the land itself. Kalemne, though, has turned to a different source—mighty Iroas. Anything but a savage brute, Kalemne is a disciple of the soldier's god, leading superhuman troops—giants, dragons, and even angels—to glorious triumphs.
>Angels
Did I miss something, or are there actually angels on Theros?

Or do we have our first Giant Planeswalker?
>>
>>43433800
They're probably just mixing up fluff and the Commander deck's contents.
>>
>>43433638
Mikaeus at least knew about Sorin creating Avacyn. There's no real reason for the angels themselves not to know.
>>
>>43433522
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/132299453203/
>>
>>43433969
>The current plan is about half the time we visit new worlds and about half the time we revisit old worlds.

>current plan
>about half the time

Ehh, alright. Seems reasonable with the new focus on story-driven Magic sets and two blocks a year.
>>
>>43416931
Hold up a minute. I know MTG Salvation isn't the most reliable source, being a wiki, but the Avacyn article says that the cursemute she did to alter the werewolves spread across the rest of Innistrad and affected not just the curse of lycanthropy but also other kinds of curses. If that's right do we have any examples of it other than the wolfir?
>>
>>43434167
>Cursemute shit on curses.
>Did fuck all to vampires
Vampirism on Innistrad no longer considered a curse confirmed.
>>
>>43434167
Kinda related but, does anyone have a source on Beyer retconning some of the werewolves working to keep their lycanthropy?
>>
>>43433800
Greeks came up with angels I see no reason they won't be there next time we're in Theros.
Especially because Elspeth, hell her ult in Theros was turning her armies into angels so it makes sense that people would relate that to Heliod (or Elspeth is people start worshiping her as a god).
>>
Do the alternate commanders usually get UR articles? I'd love to see Kamigawan or ghostdad stories.
>>
>>43434401
In the next couple of weeks we will have Commander URs.
>>
>>43434401
>>43434505
They said last week that the next two are about commanders from CMD15
>>
Anyone else notice how the izzet goblin has tits?
>>
>>43434829
Eh, I prefer to fap to Abline.

That is a joke.
>>
>>43434829
I was hoping it would be Crixizix, but this goblin is good enough.
It feels good to have goblin representation.
>>
>>43435190
We need a plane with hotter gobbos though
>>
>>43435260
You know, that'd be great but tits being more common on goblins are a start.

I'd still fuck her
>>
>>43435190
>UR female goblin
>Not Crix
>RW angel
>Not Feather
But Uncle, for some random fucking reason.

Fucking hell, WotC.
>>
I just want Crucius to get a card.
>>
File: 6_ooojevejv_Thumb.jpg (95 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
6_ooojevejv_Thumb.jpg
95 KB, 768x432
Looks Boros to me. Innistrad angels all seem to have that Not-the-Christian-Cross symbol on their armor.
>>
>>43435476
>Matches literally none of the Boros stylistic elements
>"Looks Boros to me"
>>
>>43435476
>Boros Angel
>Mentions that Innistrad angels all have Avacyn's collar motif in their armor
>Doesn't mention the lack of Boros Sunfist motif in Anya's armor
>>
File: Aurelia-the-Warleader.jpg (67 KB, 960x702) Image search: [Google]
Aurelia-the-Warleader.jpg
67 KB, 960x702
>>43435540
>>43435528
>>
>>43435561
Uh, yes? You'll note that Aurelia has SEVERAL elements from the Boros style guide, including:
>Peaked "crown" helm
>Wavy "sunbeam" sword blade
>Sunburst (on her breast)

Whereas >>43435476 has none of them.
>>
>>43435476
Could she be a Bant angel, maybe? We have a Jund commander in the set.

>>43434776
Yeah, but does that mean all of them or just the main five?
>>
>>43435682
I'd wager a guess that we would get two stories about two characters?
>>
>>43435682
>"Bant Angel"
>No hoods or sigils
>Not GW, UW, or GWU

The best you could say is Shandalar and that's because it's generic as all fuck.
>>
>>43435724
Likely one on Theros and one on Ravnica.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2015-story

The stories might come in the order they're listed here. Seems pretty random though.
>>
>>43435753
>>43435724
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/liberation-sea-gate-2015-10-28

>The next two Uncharted Realms stories will showcase new characters from Commander (2015 Edition). Battle for Zendikar stories resume November 18!
>>
>>43435753
Lets be real, Daxos is getting one of the UR's. They won't just throw in a previous plot related character, and totally disregard it. That could also bleed into exploring a bit of the WR commander as well, since he mucking about Theros.

The other is probably going to be one of the.
>>
File: 1445866238755.jpg (205 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445866238755.jpg
205 KB, 1200x1600
>>43434936
Hah.
>>43435260
It is called Mercadia.
>>
>>43433583
Him retaining his memory of Elspeth could be part of Erebos being a complete dick.
>>
>>43434297
I don't think it was ever said in the first place that all werewolves became wolfir. Each werewolf had to accept Avacyn's on their own.

Now, sure being a wolfir was both likely less painful and less dangerous, and the majority of them did accept it (and we never saw werewolf cards in AVR) but I remember it being specifically worded so that werewolves for the most part were wolfir now.
>>
>>43435962
You didn't finish that last part, but I assume you meant Ravnica.

Yeah, a story for Theros and a story for Ravnica would make the most sense, given Theros has WB Daxos and RW Kalemne, while Ravnica has UR Mizzix, GB Mazirek, and WB Karlov.

So for Commander 2015's new commanders, here are the planar totals:

Ravnica: 3
Theros: 2
Kamigawa: 1
New Phyrexia: 1
Alara: 1
Unknown and obscure: 1 (Arjun)
Unknown: 1 (Anya)

Personally, Anya resembles a Valkyrie to me (and thus could be from Nordic plane) and Arjun could be from Vryn, given the obscure plane and being a sphinx.
>>
>>43436210
>Him retaining his memory of Elspeth could be part of Erebos being a complete dick.
Nah, that's just standard Returned fare. They often search for half-remembered things without knowing what they are looking for or why.
>>
>>43436406
You've been summoned to /edhg/ to shitpost some more.
>>
>>43436605
Oh? I thought they didn't remember anything about their past but just went on trying to live their lives. He seemed oddly specific on trying to find his waifu who's getting red fisted by Dack
>>
>>43436688
Wiki says that those that wish to escape the Underworld must lose their own identity to become the Returned. It says they don't have memories of their past lives and can't form long term memories, as well as only really being able to ape emotions.

I'd say to raise Phenax to truly high levels of dickishness; is to have the Return forget their name and any specific memories, but retain a general feel that mercilessly drives them. Because why else would you want to return from the dead unless you had something you really wanted to do?

So I say Daxos remembers a beautiful woman, but can't recall anything about her. He feels like he should find her, but he doesn't have the faintest idea why. Is it love, or a desire for revenge? The only way to know would be to have Elspeth right in front of Daxos, but then the juicy part comes in- he doesn't recognize her!

So Daxos is cursed to wander the land in search of a woman he either loves immensely or hates immensely, and he cannot tell if the women he meets are the one he 'remembers', and even if he has met her he wouldn't remember if he did! It's delicious romantic torture!
>>
>>43437042
I don't know, the way it says he is searching for Elspeth seems like more than just that.
I'm not calling bullshit on your explanation, then again I am the one who is trying to bullshit someone into believing the Elesh Norn is a secret good guy.
>>
>>43437276
Well, we know he's searching for Elspeth, Elspeth either knows or won't be surprised when she finds out, and anyone who knows of Elspeth's tale likely knows. My concern is whether Daxos knows

As for Elesh Norn, I currently see six major antagonists and she is the only one that could ever be construed as a good guy.

Both Bolas and Obnoxious are self admitted dicks- they understand morality and choose to disregard it.

Emrakul and Ulamog are both off the morality scale- Ulamog is a beast that just devours, and Emrakul is so far above mortals that her seeing humans,etc as people is akin to you caring about the bacteria on your kitchen table. They're so far below you you forget they even exist most of the time.

Kozilek is unique, as the Cosi tale from Kiora's UR implies that Kozilek can at least comprehend people as people, and plays with his food before he eats it.

Emrakul is the mom that's busy at work and doesn't quite pay close attention to everything, Ulamog is the family dog that catches squirrels just because he's a dog, but Kozilek is the sadistic child that lays sugar out for ants then burns them with a magnifying glass.

But Elesh Norn also has a sense of morality- it's just one that's extremely twisted compared to ours and most others. She truly believes that what she's doing is right, and anyone who disagrees is insane on the level of needing immediate hospitalization here.
>>
>>43437677
I focused on
She's the enemy color of black which was Yawg's main jam.
and
Crackpot theory involving her being a gambit by Urza indirectly to tear down New Phyrexia from the inside, using her ability as evidence for a connection between her and Urza.
>>
>>43437798
Original phyrexia was actually CRAZY white.
If anything Urubrask's the one who'll take it down from the inside
>>
File: EN_Sorin_Header.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
EN_Sorin_Header.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1120
So I guess this nigga is sitting out again for SOI?
>>
>>43437798
>>43437677
Norn is a villain through and through, and a good example of a white villain.
Just because you have a sense of morality doesn't make you a good guy - especially when that sense of morality involves the whole 'kill everyone that's Not You and make them More You, now with 100% less skin and 100% more oil for blood' thing.
>>43437844
The entire concept of Phyrexia has been heavily white since they actually went into detail on it - but previously it was stuck on a plane that had literally nothing but black mana, and ruled by someone who was blacker than the blackest black.
>>
>>43437876
Don't you know, he's going sacrifice himself to seal Emrakul in the moon.
>>43437844
I know, but I'm doing it to try and convince the cast of Commanderin' and betting they don't know the lore.
>>
>>43437876
why would he be on innistrad? we only need jace
>>
>>43437042
>Wiki
Is notoriously terrible. The Noston are driven by what they came back for, but they don't actually remember what it is. So they search and search without ever knowing what they're searching for.
>>
File: afadgasgsa.jpg (150 KB, 1068x433) Image search: [Google]
afadgasgsa.jpg
150 KB, 1068x433
umbrella confirmed selling weapons to phyrexia
>>
>>43426105
That being Jace just killed my hype boner...
>>
File: ss+(2015-08-29+at+10.40.30).jpg (153 KB, 1011x678) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-08-29+at+10.40.30).jpg
153 KB, 1011x678
So the withering, curling branches at the end of the teaser are meant to be Eldrazi tentacles and the pointy bits in the set symbol are Kozilek elements, right?
>>
File: NORNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.png (603 KB, 1407x1190) Image search: [Google]
NORNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.png
603 KB, 1407x1190
>>43426105
Jace with his hood down is a lot less hateable than Jace with his hood up

Like nigga you can read and wipe peoples' minds, who gives a shit if they see your face
>>
>>43438575
NO, Wizards won't do devoid, ingest and processor mechanics two blocks in a row anon, its just gonna be a native threat while we watch Liliana beg Avacyn for healing from her curse without dying.
>>
>>43438147
What would this be then? The O-Virus? The P-Virus?
>>
>>43438649
I don't mean Eldrazi presence in the sense that Zendikar was a full on invasion

Maybe Kozilek fucking with some minds from the blind eternities

Getting the Avacyn fanatics to form an inquisition

Inquisition of Kozilek should not be a $12 fucking card
>>
>>43438649
>Implying that other Eldrazi will have ingest and process
They flat-out told us that that's just an Ulamog thing because he's the Titan of Consumption. Note that none of the Kozilek cards have either ability.
>>
>>43426105
Who is that behind him, it looks like Oona.
>>43438598
The big thing is that it looks like a complete jace redesign, which is kinda nice, since everyone and their mother wears robes and armor. If more people dress like Dack and Tibalt, the world would be a better place.
>>
>>43438572
But Jace is the perfect protagonist for a actual eldritch horror block, he's half mad already and if he's going against Kozi it only gets better.
>>
>>43438717
But I'll tell you what Kozilek has in droves
ramp
and that's weird for something that needs to eat mana.
Makes me wonder if maybe "eating" worlds was more a catch all term, and that the three two their own unique things to worlds
-Ulamog actively eating them
-Kozilek transforming them into the obsidian ornaments it has, maybe machines?
-Emrakul morphing everything near it into parts of itself.
>>
>>43438732
I think it'd be kinda cool if the Origins walkers, if we are actually going to be following them from plane to plane, should have to change their wardrobe from time to time to fit in.

Jace and Lili wouldn't stick out too much on Innistrad, but Chandra, Gideon, and especially Nissa would all stick out like a sore thumb.

It'd be kinda neat if every plane they got to dress in the style of the plane.

i know it won't happen due to them needing an iconic appearance, but I can dream
>>
>>43438108
Which is exactly what I said regarding the Returned: that they are driven by something (specific to them) that they can't remember because it was that thing that spurred them into becoming Returned in the first place.
>>
>>43438760
Eldrazi make new titans by consuming worlds, that's my prediction.
>>
>>43438785
while that would explain why they seemed to be slotted on a linear scale as far as wizards is concerned( Emrakul>Kozilek>Ulamog), I'm not so sure. So far the only insight we have into the nature of the eldrazi from their perspective is when vamp-chick mindmelded with that ulamog spawn, relating that it's purpose was to be hungry and that they were mending what was broken. Dunno what that last part meant, but it might infer that the eldrazi are trying to reduce the multiverse to a solid blob of all the same stuff, reuniting what was broken into the variety of planes, in which case their unique forms of "eating" planes would be a possible method to doing so.
>>
>>43438147
ugh, he looks like a goofy world of warcraft character.
>>
Please someone tell me I'm not the only one tired of Jace.
Is he really gonna shove his face in every storyline?
>>
>>43439033
I hope so.
But just his face, not the rest of him.
>>
>>43439033
He's hardly been around outside of core sets in Zendikar he only had a bit part, RtR he was the protagonist, and then just returned. There's not a lot of Jace around the plot actually he's hardly invested in the Bolas plot not even involved in the Phyrexian plot he's really only here for the Eldrazi.
>>
>>43438771
That looks like an Innistradi garment for Jace.
I would love to see different outfits incorporating their iconic design for different planes though
>>
>>43439033
Jace is actually a lot more bearable when he's actually being used in the storyline. Back during the Core Sets, where he appeared every year and did nothing, and during the RtR block he was insufferable, but so far in Origins and BfZ he's been much more tolerable.
>>
>>43435476
Looks like an angel from Theros.
>>
>>43439517
But Theros didn't have angels, unless of course Elspeth driven cults have formed Angels from Nyx.
>>
>>43439568
But she literally just died, if cults can start up that quick how are there not 50 different pathetically weak gods?
>>
Okay, unrelated to current story theory time!

During Time Spiral block, the time rifts that had built up over the several cataclysms that had befallen Dominiaria were each sealed. But there was a very specific method of doing so:

Bolas fixed the Madaran rift using Leshrac's life and thus presumably his spark.

Karn fixed the Tolarian rift with his (Urza's) spark and fled to Mirrodin.

Jeska/Leshrac used Radha's latent spark to fix the Yavimaya rift, depriving Radha of her spark but not killing her.

See where this is going? The rifts required a spark, ignited or not, to seal them. Sometimes this killed the planeswalker, sometimes it didn't. But we can do the math and realize that 8 planeswalkers lost their sparks (sometimes their lives) to save the Multiverse. So:

Madara: Leshrac
Tolaria: Karn
Yavimaya: Radha
Urborg: Lord Windgrace
Skyshroud: Freyalise
Otaria: Jeska
Shiv: Teferi
Zhalfir: .... Wait..... WHAT?

According to both the wiki and my memories of the books. Leshrac-influenced-Jeska used Radha to seal the Zhalfir rift. But no spark or life was sacrificed for it?

My theory/observation states that there were in fact only 7 rifts- the Shiv and Zhalfir rifts were really just the same rift that was created when Teferi phased out the continents to protect them from the Invasion. The rift was already mostly healed with the return of Shiv and the sacrifice of Teferi's spark- he just hadn't closed the zipper yet because he still needed to slot Zhalfir into place as well. Thus the "Zhalfir rift" was really just a case of pushing an open door (or I guess closing one, ha). Now all the rules both on creating and sealing the rifts make sense.
>>
>>43439719
Ajani is busy fedora tipping, people could look up in the night sky and see her shanking xenagod be getting shanked by Heliod, and we don't know when ghe set is set.
>>
Is everyone sure it's an Eldrazi threat? I mean, on the picture with Jace, if you look to the left of the woman's lips, there's the possible silhouette of Bolas. Tibalt is also still alive, and desiring to bring madness. Lets also not forget that with Grisslebrand gone, any new demon may want to take up the throne of head honcho.
>>
>>43438732
Behind him looks like Avacyn, actually.
>>
>>43440152
With how Innistrad demons work the new head honcho might just be a reincarnated Grislebrand. But Jace wouldn't go to Innistrad for just that, maybe for once in her life Lilliana asked for help.
But the distortion of Avacyns collar either means that the church is collapsing in on itself or one of the big two.
>>
>>43440230
I can see Bolas or Tibalt bastardizing the world, and making it that faith has fallen, or the angels are slaughtered.
Also, Jace may be there because he insisted to Garruk that returning to Innistrad was the only way he could be healed. Maybe we get a story with Jace, Lili and Garruk?
Though, that is definitely a fallen, bleeding angel leaf in the trailer. I'm thinking Tibalt returns to feed his sadism. Or Bolas has been pulling strings for a while. Or both.
>>
>>43440301
Why would Lili have any reason to be on Innistrad, though?
She's already killed Griselbrand, she doesn't care about the plane, and she's off to go kill more demons - who are NOT on Innistrad, mind you, or else she would've murdered them in INN-AVR already.
>>
>>43438062
Nigger, I will fight you
>>
>>43440164
More like Thalia
>>
>>43441147
Yeah. More like the poor lass.
>>
>>43434209
Well it was not a curse to begin with. It was a ritual spell / blessing in blood that allowed few to sustain themselves on blood.
>>
>>43418700
>>43436248
Doug went back on that on his tumblr a while ago. There are no more werewolves on Innistrad anymore, Avacyn wolfird them all.

Except we're going back to the plane so you can bet it'll be re-retconned.
>>
>>43443238
Seriously? Got a link?
>>
>>43443238
Good, that's a dumb one anyway.
>People liked the werewolves
>Lol, nope, they're all dead now.
>>
>>43426105
Is that Avacyn?
>Surrounded by light
>Angels everywhere
>Blasting away dark things

Or maybe being corrupted by them... Like a. Subtle nag on the edge of her consciousness that is pushing her to further and further heights of zealotry. Starting to believe she's an actual god.
>mfw the angel has fallen
>mfw Kozilek is stronger than we thought
>>
>>43440480
Maybe the Raven Man sends her there in exchange for telling her where the other demons are.
>>
>>43440301
>>43440230
We already know why Jace is there: In his meeting with Ugin, the no longer dead dragon told him to go to Innistrad to get Sorin.
>>
>>43445355
Well wasn't he like fuck you, I'm going to protect my allies instead of fucking off on a goosechase for a gothpire?
>>
>>43444342
magic seems to get off on angels being corrupted/made evil, so it wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>43445377
>magic gets off on corrupted angels
Until you show me Aurelia in full mardu colors or WB Elspeth, I'm going to have trouble believing this one.
>>
>>43445372
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he won't end up going to get Sorin after Ob Nixilis fucks over his plan.
>>
>>43445724
Selenia, Shattered Angel, Chancellor of the Annex...
>>
>>43446179
>Selenia
We're at one

>Anything Phyrexian
Literally doesn't count. Phyrexia has corrupted DEMONS for white mana's sake
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.