[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #761: powerwanking while complaining edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1459207560105.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459207560105.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Jump Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>last time on Jumpchain...
>>46317073
>>
File: doesn't even need a filename.png (159 KB, 234x295) Image search: [Google]
doesn't even need a filename.png
159 KB, 234x295
>>
That was fast. Also for future reference don't drag old arguments into new threads OP just because nobody agreed with you, that's called being a faggot.

Oh well. Jumpers, who do you consider family apart from your companions?
>>
Hey young Justice anon, I have some questions about power combination and how it works, it's basically like the combinations from the Marvel jump only with all your powers right?

Would any of the following not be okay?

Savage salvage from KANTAI COLLECTION + weapon channeling from Helsing = channel properties of technological weapons you have eaten into other weapons.

LiveWire from darkstalkers+ S2 organ from NGE= new super mode.

Absolute territory field from NGE+weapon channeling from Helsing = improving handheld shields.

Spiral energy generation from TTGL+S2 organ from NGE+ high-energy reaction from NGE= much more spiral energy.

memories reborn from KANTAI COLLECTION+ my stand from Jojo's bizarre adventure= channel my stand's ability through cannon fire

memories reborn from KANTAI COLLECTION+ my hunger demon from Toriko= long distance eating with the force of a battleship.

Blood magic from darkstalkers+Savage salvage from KANTAI COLLECTION +Partial Weapon Manifestation from soul eater +Autonomous weapon from soul eater =manifest items you have eaten.
>>
>>46326677
I remember this, it made me cry.
>>
If I take Blood of kings with my grand father being demigod of Lugh can I get watered down ability to learn really fast ? Not mastery in month but in 3 ? I ask because I can't decide between Odin and Lugh.
>>
>>46326678
Pretty much everyone agreed with me though.

As for the second part nobody.
>>
>>46326732
Didn't this get answerred like 3 threads ago?
>>
>>46326678

Hey now, it wasn't me and I was the one arguing that bears are the gods of our world.
>>
>>46326745

So you thought that by making a new thread quickly you could immortalize yourself as the winner?

That's a bit petty.
>>
>>46326745
If not I know there is a perk floating around that makes you a single repetition learner. Mix that with any absolute memory perk and you are golden.
>>
>>46326755
Sadly no. No one answered.
>>
>>46326773
Oops meant for>>46326732
>>
>>46326745
Be as that may, just let go of old arguments in the future. It saves everyone a lot of grief and not doing it makes you look like a petty bitch.

>>46326757
>implying bears aren't the gods of our world

>>46326732
>>46326778

In case it wasn't answered, I'd personally say yes since Lugh's thing was described as a jack of all trades by Merchant, and his mythological gimmick was being the master of all so enhanced skill seems reasonable to me
>>
>>46326678
Well, aside from my background families, which I often count...

In most worlds that aren't complete hellholes, I'll set up some space colonies with an initial population of AI and clones. Those I consider family, even if I leave them after the jump.
>>
File: LINE WAR FLAT.. +sat 10.jpg (131 KB, 640x419) Image search: [Google]
LINE WAR FLAT.. +sat 10.jpg
131 KB, 640x419
Neal Asher's Polity universe: Yes or No?
>>
>>46326808
Explain
>>
>>46326814
Wouldst thou enjoy a jump of it, or shall I divert my efforts to other works?
>>
>>46326847
>>46326808
YES.
>>
>>46326847
I have no idea what's going on in that pic but I like it so-yes, go for it and good luck
>>
>>46326847
You need to tell us about the setting.
>>
>>46326732
And while we're bombarding you with quesations, how does Glory to Me work with Lugh anyway? My understanding is understanding at the big draw with GtM is that you get a silly amount of diversity, while Lugh's whole thing is jack of all trades, master of none.

Do you just learn really, REALLY fast (presumably with some sun/lightning stuff mixed in)?
>>
>>46326808
I have not a single clue what this is, but it's apparently tentacle things vs spaceships, with lasers.

I approve.
>>
>>46326898
I can't tell you cos I don't know. I think that it gets you something with sun.... Archive is sadly down so i can't tell you more.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 786x1017
>>46326789
>implying a mere bear has the power to rule anything.
Bearmoose will teach you the meaning of fear.
>>
Empty Night was mentioned last thread, a kind of magic resistance/immunity perk. What jump is it from?
>>
>>46327077
Dresden, I believe.
>>
>>46327084
Yep. 800 CP Outsider perk.
>>
>>46326866
Probably going to mangle this but here I go:

It's a science fiction setting where humanity went out to the stars and the AIs took over. But not like Skynet - they basically said "we'll take care of running the Big Kid things like governments and economies, so you guys don't have to" in an event known as the Quiet War.

Even a hundred years later, not everyone is ok with this, so there are some Separatist freedom fighters/terrorists who are mostly out for their own gain.

Earth Central runs the Polity, which are the human worlds, nearly all connected by a Runcible network - interstellar teleporters, basically. There are FTL starships which are mostly used to get to places without Runcibles and blow them up.

There's really on one alien civ, the Prador, who are giant crab fuckers and had a bit of a war with the Polity before the main series of novels kick off, and mostly keep to their own in a kind of cold war.
Besides the Prador and some big balls called Dragon, there have been three separate civs in the Polity's region, but are now all extinct. The reasons for these extinctions comprise part of the Cormac novels.

The MC is a human, an Earth Central Security Agent, who does space secret agent things and tries to save the day from Separatists and alien threats alike. But there's a bunch of other novels and stories set in the same universe, like The Technician and the Spatterjay novels, some of which have little or nothing to do with Cormac's adventures.
>>
>>46327077

Dresden.

I don't know if it was explained how it compares to Twilight Imperium though, or if it has the canon sortof-weakness.
>>
In libriomancer what does the medium even do? Also can you learn libriomancy in setting?
>>
Does the sharingan from the Naruto jump let you copy magic spells, Like if i saw a wizard cast a spell would i be able to copy it
>>
>>46327530

I don't think it would - unless you had a way of seeing the magic flow inside the wizard, and that was actually how their magic system worked. Then I think it'd let you copy the same "motions".

It wouldn't work on DnD magic, for example, because those spells are precast and stored for later triggers - but it should let you copy their spells on paper if you watched them write them down (wouldn't give you the spellslots though).
>>
>>46327114
Wait, so-it's basically the Culture but less idealistic?
>>
>>46327530
I don't see why it would any more than legilimency from Harry Potter would let you copy jutsus if you didn't have an internal supply of chakra
>>
>>46327530
You could copy the physical movements necessary for the spell. Most of the time, that's not enough to actually cast it through.
>>
>>46327516
The medium is how you visualize magic, and I think it affects how you use it. Anyway, not sure if you can learn Libriomancy without buying it; I know you have to have a gift to learn magic, but I think the only thing keeping a Sorcerer from learning it is that it's an "inferior" form of magic.
>>
What is the best shape shifting perk/power you can get? I'm sorely lacking in the shape changing department and feel the need to remedy it
>>
>>46327084
>>46327095
>>46327133
Thanks.
>>
>>46327530
There's a perk in FF6 that lets you do it, just pick that up.
>>
>>46327133
I don't think it ever was beyond some general observations they seemed to be almost the same. I assumed it had the canon sort-of weakness since it did mention indirect effects being able to bypass it, and Dresden's full of not-strictly-magic conceptual stuff like titles and entropy curses and Soulfire and death curses and Hellfire for that matter.
>>
>>46327635
There is shoggoth form, animorphs, most dc jumps.
>>
>>46327723
Plus Kaiju from Pacific rim
>>
>>46327712

Yeah, they sound mostly the same - Twilight can be bypassed by indirect stuff and sophisticated-enough or "cosmologically important enough" magic.

But TI had an upper limit, and I can't remember if thingy did as well.

Doesn't really matter too much - cause you layer the two of them and laugh at the Dark One when he tries making the True Power stick.
>>
>>46327581
You could say that. They don't have anywhere near the same level of tech, or galactic reach that the Culture does, however, and there are distinctly cyberpunk/dystopian tones to the whole thing.
Plot spoilers: One of the key themes that keeps coming up is how the AIs are using humanity for their own reasons rather than strictly altruistic ones. Eg: They're willing to start wars resulting in huge loss of human life for what amounts to a science project.
>>
>>46327530
Copycat from Ranma, Mimic from Legend of Zelda, and Sorcery Savant from Young Justice can all do that.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46327780
Laughing at the Dark One seems like a good way to motivate him to get creative with the whole multiversal source of all evil thing and start ruining your life in ways that don't involve blasting you with super-Balefire.

Personally we just stole Rand's soul while posessing his body long before he realised his powers fully, spent most of the jump training while wearing him as a meatsuit and then proceeded to ritually sacrifice him in order to buff our One Power to grand new heights.

But then we don't have either perk. Personally we've always believed the best kind of antimagic is countermagic layered into a personal forcefield.
>>
>>46327780
I don't know if Dresden has an upper limit, but I do know it's less picky about what counts as indirect. It specifically calls out a scene where we find out Harry's mother cursed Lord Raith so he became unable to feed, despite the fact that you'd think that'd count as direct magic.
>>
Can things like Chakra/Mantra/Ki/Chi etc be converted or be classed as magic or is magic classed as something completely different
>>
>>46328020
Magic and Chi are completely different unless a setting expressly says they're the same.
>>
>>46328020
The general consensus is that it is spiritual power and not magic proper.
>>
>>46328020

Depends on the setting.

In Negima, for example, the only difference between magical energy and chi is that the first is drawn from the environment and the second from within, and each method lends itself best to a certain style - but it's the same energy, so Kanka works.
>>
>>46327894
Not cool, ASA, not cool. How did that series end (in spoilers please), the books were so long a slog that I couldn't really be bothered. And the women! At least it wasn't Sword of Truth...

>>46328020
We've got several perks that can handle the conversions, ask around.

>>46327635
If you're okay with eating a lot of weird things, Prototype jump could help. We've also got glamours and illusions for the non-morphing guys.
>>
>>46328020
Just take kanka from negima and use magic and chi interchangeably.
>>
>>46328090
>Just take kanka from negima and use magic and chi interchangeably.
That's the badger! Thank you for pointing this out for me, With this perk i now have unlimited magical energy to play around with
>>
>>46328020
It's worth noting that, like magic, not all chi is the same system. Naruto's Chakra, for example, is completely different than most chi, and Avatar's Bending requires attunement with that element (and ordinarily only the Avatar can have more than one attunement).
>>
>>46328167
Keep in mind that without Conjoined Conjures it only works on Negima magic.
>>
>>46328089

It wasn't a very good ending.

The last book was like a step by step of snipping off some (but not all) dangling plot threads one-by-one, sometimes really awkwardly.

Not entirely Brandon Sanderson's fault, as like you say it was really mired down by the end, but...
>>
>>46328090
That's not how Kanka works. It lets you combine the two from that setting to physically power yourself up, not let you use them interchangeably.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>46328089
Rand draws on enough of the True and One Power simultaneously he could crush the Dark One like a bug but doesn't because he's a pansy who values free will over cosmic safety. As Ishamael/Moridin attacks him he exploits Callandor's link to the True Power when Moridin tries to attack him with it as a focus to seal the Dark One away forever, never able to influence anything ever again

In the epilogue everyone's moved on with their lives and thinks Rand died. Only his waifus know he swapped appearances with Moridin/Ishamael's body. Apparently either this or the strain of sealing the Dark One abolished his ability to use Weaves...supposedly. At the very end he lights a pipe with a thought. Make of that what you will
>>
>>46328227
I thought it was implied he was directly manipulating the weave at the end, and that's how he lit the pipe?
>>
>>46327635
Gravity Falls and Venture Bros both have one.
>>
>>46328213
Ideally you'd want Conjoined Conjures and Temple of Thought (Binbougami), and then tinkering with the Kanka process itself to allow for interchanging 'Chi' with chakra, soul power, Aura, and all that.
>>
>>46327635
Gunnerkrig Court.
>>
>>46328292
Thanks man, This will help me loads, I already worked a system to give me unlimited Mantra which can classed as universal "life force" now i just need a way to work it into other energy's, And this could be the key to my problem
>>
Am I the only one who prefers having a bunch of distinct magic and spiritual power systems with their own unique and interesting rules, rather than one monolithic block of "do anything"?

Also, it'll be nice knowing you the first time you get hit with an MP Buster spell.
>>
Tell me anon what devil fruit did you take? Also for someone who knows very little about the universe what limits are on the sketch-sketch fruit?
>>
>>46328399
>am I the only one who

Oh just shut up. There's never an 'only one,' even when it comes to liking Hitler.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46328399
Nope. Same here, been doing that since forever. Makes for funner metaphysics tinkering.

>>46328430
Dark-Dark but I'm admittedly not the best authority on Juan Piss either.
>>
>>46328213
>>46328292
>Conjoined Conjures
Where is this? I can't seem to find this one (knowing me i skipped past it like a tool)
>>
>>46328475
Cardcaptor Sakura.

It's the bright pink imaged jump.
>>
>>46328475
Sakura
>>
>>46328487
>>46328489
Thanks!
>>
>>46328399
For sure. Makes it harder to block my powers. There's always something different enough to overcome a potential counter.
>>
>>46328451
I don't think I quite deserved that.

Also, from the way people are always going on about grand unified theories, there are times I do doubt there are others.
>>
What perks will let you train forever without getting bored? want to dump some of my spare bodies in time dilation for training/handicap reasons.
>>
>>46328399

Depends on the system.

If they're basically identical, then they overlap and the difference is just the magical traditions.
>>
>>46328833
master autist from infinicon
>>
>>46328854
Trap jump.
>>
>>46328833
Genius of Hard Work from Naruto is pretty much exactly that. And take Dedicated from Harry Potter if you want to study too.
>>
>>46328868
Only if you go for immersion. It's fine if you just want to hang out at a geek convention for ten years while playing nerd politics.
>>
>>46328868
no, just a jump with a big trap option.
https://vimeo.com/126720159
>>
Does Droids With Lightsabers allow Droids to use the Force? Or does it mearly just power them? Because teaching HK-47 the Force would be hilarious.
>>
>>46328833
Maybe Infinite Patience from Great Detective?
>>
>>46328897
To be fair, it's a Tera jump. Anon could be basing the trap accusation purely off that and I wouldn't blame him.
>>
>>46328897
plus everyone forgets the fact that you can be any living nerd icon, don't you want to be Tim Schafer, Alan Moore, Felicia Day ,Deep Roy etc?
>>
>>46328960
>Wanting to be someone famous

Blegh. Why not make your own fame?
>>
>>46329016
Exactly. I want to be the next Donald X, not just be Donald X.
>>
>>46328868
>>46328901
What's the trap?
>>
>>46328911
Suggestion: I am not the droid you are looking for.
>>
>>46329016
plenty of other jumps for that already.
>>46329028
Well the more you immerse yourself the less you you are and the more the character you are playing you are, it's kind of like Wyrd versus clarity in changeling. But it's easy to get rid of immersion just go wash up in a nearby bathhouse and spend some time as yourself handling mundane stuff. Of course then you have to build up your immersion and all over again from scratch.
>>
>>46329028
Immersion literally turns you into someone else.
>>
>>46329086
Yeah, but not a lot of jumps where you can get game design skills and geek cred. Which is why it pisses me the fuck off that you mandate us in the Full Immersion version instead of the Shared Hallucination version or the No Immersion version. It's like doing a Paranoia Jump on Zap.
>>
>>46326686
I'm not going to take the time to look all that up, but as long as they're powers and they follow the rules for each power it should be fine.
>>
>>46329118
I have previously stated that I am open to variant jumps alongside it or the creation of a low power supplement, I concede that it is only one interpretation and that others are equally valid.
>>46329121
okay cool, that first one is the crux of my new build :-)
>>
>>46329150
When? Because this is the first I've heard of it.
>>
>>46329213
I admit it was a while ago, but there was even an a on who said they were going to build the supplement, if nothing manifested on that front I'm sorry.
>>
>>46329121
So I'm looking at going Martian and saw that Density Shifting doesn't affect items you are holding or your clothes. Would it work on things that are a part of you, like cybernetics? Also, given your clothes can't shift densities with you how hard would it be for Martians to get their own bio-suits? They don't seem to be for sale in the items section. Would the bio-ship have them? How big/small can the bio-ship get?
>>
>>46329232
Clothes aren't needed as a martian as they just shift their skin into a clothes like look.
>>
>>46329261
No, they have clothing that shape shifts with them.
>>
>>46329261
The wiki makes it seem they actually do have clothes which shapeshift with them. I am thinking of being able to enchant them or whatever, and I could simply shift them into whatever outfit I want.

Another set of questions for YJ Anon. How big, small, and stretchy can Martians be without the Grow, Shrink, and Plastcity powers?
>>
>>46329232
>Cybernetics
No, only organics that are a part of your body.

>Bio-ship
Well, we never see it go to any extreme sizes (either very small or very big) so I'd say that it would mostly stay at around the size as the one seen in series.

>Clothing
I thought >>46329261 was how it worked, but if >>46329310 is correct than you would get a set of shapeshifting clothes for free, as a Martian.

>>46329323
Martians have trouble taking forms that are radically different from their own, but I'd say around the size of a rodent or as big as an elephant. As for stretchiness, you might be able to mimic some of the Plasticity power, but it'd be really hard to do and it wouldn't be as effective.
>>
>>46329436
How survivable is YJ as a first Jump? I'm considering starting a new Jump based on combining two unrelated superpowers, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't die.
>>
>>46329436
Your shapeshifting clothes would density shift with you as well.
>>
How dangerous is the Dresden Files for an early Jumper?
>>
>>46329529
As long as you don't load up on tons of drawbacks, you should be fine.
>>
So, are there any perks to become immune to radiation? I could've sworn I saw one somewhere...
>>
>>46329436
Ok, thanks.
>>
Does No-Sell work on the weaknesses of any form? Will it give a human form resistance to poison and various human frailties and whatnot?
>>
>>46329547
Stay away from the main plot, and you should be fine. There's some serious nastiness in the Dresdenverse, but for the most part, it only finds you if you go looking for it. You're just left with the low-grade nastiness with occasional run-ins with mid-grade nastiness, and any of the backgrounds can handle that.
>>
>>46329557
Fallout and Fallout 4 both have one. The Fallout one is better because it also helps you resist magic and other non-scientific energy types.
>>
>>46329436
>No, only organics that are a part of your body.
What if you're a cyborg from something like Asura's Wrath or technorganic like what you can pick in Metal Gear Rising? Does the power just not work at all for you then?
>>
>>46329557

There's Self-Sustenance from DC (which also removes the need to eat and breathe).

There's also Rad Child from Fallout which is technically just resistance, but it makes radiations help you heal, and can allow resistance to weird energies.
>>
So would Jesus be a caster in fate? What would his noble phantasm be?
>>
>>46329557
Captain Planet on the Villain tree I believe
>>
>>46329547
>>46329602
In addition to this, you should know to stay out of the Nevernever and away from Fae in general, don't go poking the vampire Courts, don't break any magical Laws, and stay far, far away from the Denarians. Otherwise, you should be okay.
>>
>>46329707
An infinite loaf of bread.
>>
>>46329707
he would probably be savor class and that is banned from the jump.
>>
>>46329707
Saver seems more appropriate. I'd say something to do with resurrection as a main NP
>>
>>46329631
Kinda want to actually be immune through. Otherwise nukes and stuff will still kill me, even if I tank their explosion. Still nice to have through.

>>46329694
Oh, huh. Self-Sustenance does that too? Awesome.

>>46329709
And that one's really nice too.

Thanks all.
>>
>>46329552
Are Martians meant to have flight or do they telekinetically move themselves around?

Speaking of telekinesis it seems that it really is just 'lift from a distance'. Does this mean that it uses your strength to determine how much you can lift?
>>
>>46329760
Yeah. For some reason, he decided to make that and Force Constructs use physical strength rather than have their own forms of strength.
>>
>>46329674
It still works, but your Cybernetics will fall off. Keep in mind that becoming a Martian gives you an alt-form- so, you just can't use cybernetics as a Martian; your cybernetics as a human or whatever are unaffected. You might also be able to find or research a way for Cybernetics to density-shift with you.

>>46329760
They telekinetically move themselves around, and yes, telekinesis uses your strength to determine how much you can lift.
>>
>>46329842
I can taste the salt from every post you make
>>
>>46329857
I think you're tasting your own, anon.
>>
>>46329852
Neat. I suppose if I can find the CP for Amazo memory I can make my tech density shift.

Thanks for answering so many questions, and for making such a good jump. I won't, however, thank you for putting so much stuff in it: I desperately want far more things than I can afford without going up against Darkseid, which I really don't want to do.
>>
>>46329707

Probably a bad idea.

Not because of the whole 'incarnated divine spirit' thing(although that might limit it to Fate Extra), or the sociological issues, or the issues the Church might cause, but because of his legend.

See there's a really significant part of Jesus's legend called the Second Coming. The details vary, but usually include stuff like the end of the world.

Which means that the counter force might intervene to remove the risk of you potentially causing it.

However if you remove that issue I'm guessing his abilities would include lots of water and weather manipulation (like telling a storm to go away because it's being annoying), a lot of healing stuff, the magic system the church uses, carpentry, changing one material into another, potentially whatever the Biblical God and Prophets did do to the whole God in human form thing, and an extra life thing.
>>
So if nobody has any objections, I've chosen my next jump to work on. This one probably won't be done within the week like Heaven's Lost Property was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUhrhnqkGk

Kiss kiss kiss.
>>
>>46329952
I approve. Now there's less Tales hanging over my head.

Abyss is mine though, when I can.
>>
>>46329973
Glad I could help!

And that's perfectly fine. Looking forward to that one, too!
>>
>>46329852
>Keep in mind that becoming a Martian gives you an alt-form- so, you just can't use cybernetics as a Martian; your cybernetics as a human or whatever are unaffected.
...But I'm not taking Martian, just Density Shifting. And my cybernetics are perks, and thus present in all my forms.

Damnit, guess I'm freeing up that CP then. Density Shifting is utterly useless to me, if it's incompatible with even CP-bought cybernetics or natural metals...
>>
>>46329952
I object to that music.
>>
>>46329921
You're welcome, anon!
>>
>>46330026
You're good with Shadowrun Cybernetics, at least. Post-Jump they're considered natural parts of your body.
>>
Question: Exactly how powerful are the SMT jumps? I remember hearing that the higher beings go from planet busting to universe busting. Would an NGE!Angel form allow me to survive, or would I be screwed?
>>
>>46328833
Invader Zim and Red Dwarf both have really good anti-boredom perks, as well as other really good essentials.
>>
>>46330098
That's something atleast. Funny thing is that that and my blood would pretty much be the only things I could use it with then.

...Now I'm imagining my jumper density shifting to phase through something, while leaving most of his body behind... aside from a pile of headware and a cloud of blood, and then regenerating everything from that.
>>
Could someone please explain this whole bel court thing for me please? It doesn't look all that great to me on paper but everyone acts like it is the most awesome thing in the devil survivor jump.
>>
>>46330118
You'd be strong enough to deal with your average demon, but the big guys would tear you apart. But the perks available in those SMT jumps would let you balance the scales, and eventually get to the point where you'd be tearing them apart.
>>
>>46330118
Low-end is D&D trash mob fare - goblins and slimes and shit. High-end...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-ETxWmgjaE
>>
How fast do the cloning tanks from Cortex Command pump out new bodies?
>>
>>46330169
It essentially gives you a massive army of demons, like enough to take over the world, and THEN you can summon and control ANY demon you kill/enslave/recruit, so long as the Jumpmer says it's okay.
>>
>>46330264
So what counts as a demon out of jump then?
>>
>>46330169
Well, being Abel has three big advantages. First is that you have the potential to be ridiculously strong, especially if you defeat the other Bels and absorb their power. We're talking "go toe to toe with YHVH" strong. The second is that all the things other people need a COMP to do, you can do just by willing it. Summon and bind demons, upgrade them, fuse them, all that fun stuff. The final part is that your court of demons follows you around. Any demon you bind winds up in your pocket realm. And in SMT-talk, "demon" refers to any spirit, not just the infernal ones. And there's no intrinsic limit to how many of your court you can have deployed, though if the fabric of reality is being strengthened in the area you can be blocked from bringing too many through. So you can bind and summon an army of gods.
>>
>>46330289
Well is it called a demon?
>>
>>46330264
Jumpmaker* I don't know why that happened. Oh, and the jump itself says you'll need to weaken a dimension's barriers by a lot in order to actually invade. And you have to be equal or stronger than the demon
>>
The 'Solar Powered' power from young justice jump will that and the Half Kryptonian allow me to slowly increase my power like Superman or like other Kyptonians/Half Kryptonians like in the comics/shows?
>>
>>46330329
No.
>>
>>46330300
>>46330264
Ok thanks.
>>
>>46330300
Woah bel gets a pocket realm? How did I miss that?
>>
>>46330389
Yeah. You can't really store anything in it except your demons, though that's still really useful.
>>
>>46330337
>No.
Okay thank you for clearing that up

Q: The Chaos/Order magic says users can fly, How fast can they fly?

Also for everyone what one did you choose and why?
>>
>>46330448
I'm not sure. Chaos seems too dickish and order is all about 'fixing Chaos' which is meh.
>>
>>46329602
Well, depends. Once the fomors start coming out to play and ravaging the rest of the world you'll want to be resistant to machine guns used in good order and fireteam level-support without much warning. Also magic resistance because its just their grunts who go heavy on the guns.

Also be careful of what you write down/record anywhere. Archive is watching for your kind, filthy outsiders.
>>
>>46330448
I didnt choose, I went martian mage my points got scarce fast.
>>
>>46330448
Around 60-80 MPH normally, but you can use more magic to go faster if you want.
>>
>>46330502
>Ivy is reading your porn
Goddamn I wish she wasn't an underaged girl during the entire Jump.
>>
>>46330509
Did you take the cheap Martian option? If you're a Mage you don't get hit by the malfunctioning powers.
>>
>>46330517
How fast can Martians fly?
>>
>>46330590
No. No I did not.
>>
>>46330517
If i take Martian and Pyrokinesis do i lose the weakness to heat?
>>
>>46330637
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>46330662
You explode.
>>
>>46330590
Can you explain that a bit more? how do you not get affected?
>>
>>46330590
They don't? Are you sure?
>>
>>46330687
Think i'll wait for Young Justice Anon to clear it up
>>
>>46330701
>>46330705
They're not superpowers, they're magic. The discount Martian rules fuck with your superpowers.
>>
>>46330662
He said you get a resistance, but not outright immunity with just that power. Look into No-Sell or being a Dragon Slayer.
>>
So reading what the anons said earlier, would Alucard from Hellsing count as someone a Bel could enslave? Or is he not demonic enough?
>>
>>46330684
I thought that was a permanent gimp myself.
>>
>>46330517
Going back to Solar Powered a bit- if we get enough durability or heat resistance to actually survive doing so instead of just burning up, could we sundip like comicbook Kryptonians?
>>
>>46330799
It specifically says otherwise, IIRC.
>>
>>46330799
Pretty sure it goes away after the ten years like every other drawback.
>>
>>46330835
See>>46330337
>>
>>46330739
But will Pyrokinesis cancel out the Martians weakness to heat and fire to more 'normal' levels?
>>
>>46330847
Oh. Sorry. I thought he meant like how Superman got more powers as he grew up and spent more time under a yellow sun.
>>
What jumps have good money perks like YJ 'Batman's real superpower' any more that give you infinite money?
>>
So I'm a little confused about how magic works in Slayers. It says peopel have their own Pool of magical energy, but they need to call on other beings to power your spells? I don't get it.

Ans is it calling on a specific being like a D&D Cleric. Can they decide not to grant me spells?
>>
>>46331017
people* and*
>>
>>46331017
They're more like warlocks than clerics in Slayers.
>>
>>46330785
Well, vampires ARE available in many SMT games, specifically Kudlak in DS.

He'd probably lose all of his souls in the process, though.
>>
>>46331017

>So I'm a little confused about how magic works in Slayers. It says peopel have their own Pool of magical energy, but they need to call on other beings to power your spells? I don't get it.

Basically magical power is drawn from spiritual beings, but people have a limit to how much energy they can draw upon, and how much they can safely use.

>Ans is it calling on a specific being like a D&D Cleric. Can they decide not to grant me spells?

It depends on the spell. Some call upon the power of specific beings, but others basically gather power from random spiritual forces.

As far as I know there's never been a situation where the source of a spells power actually prevented it from being used. At least not in the sense of "Nope not granting it", including times where they were in a fight against a character using a spell drawn from them.

However there's two things I think should be mentioned.

The first is that spells can't harm/effect the entity they draw power from unless it actually wants to be effected by it. The analogy being that it's the equivalent of going "Help me hurt you".

The second is that if spells that draw upon the power of a specific being it will stop working if that being dies for good (although sealing them away or shattering them into weaker fragments doesn't count).
>>
Is we are a god in lord of light but take the rakasha capstone do we basically get one free death since the body is completely superflous at that point?
>>
>>46331367
Alright, thanks for the help.
>>
>>46331394
I would say not, but many settings will find it very tricky to kill something without a body, and switching to a bodiless altform will be a very nice trick in case you need to run away from something or fake your death.
>>
>>46330590
You do, actually; it affects all of your powers bought in this Jump, including magic.

>>46330621
Well, since they're using telekinesis to "fly" it depends on how strong they are.

>>46330799
It goes away after 10 years like other drawbacks.

>>46330888
You'd be noticeably more susceptible than others, but yes. Keep in mind that if you take the Martian "clumsy" drawback then your heat resistance will also become "clumsy".
>>
>>46331394

Sortof.

More that you're a Rakasha, with no knowledge or experience of that nature, wearing a meatsuit.

Rakasha are tough cookies, but there are plenty of things that can kill them - so I wouldn't use it to try and tank anything powerful enough to kill your mortal form in the first place, unless it couldn't harm a Rakasha.

The Wand of Fire, for example, would just burn you away completely with no chance of survival (assuming no other jumps and perks of course). And again, assuming no other jumps, you'd be weak and disoriented from the shift.

How that all plays with alternate forms is up to you.
>>
>>46331430

Your welcome. Also I just remembered another detail that seemed potentially relevant.

When accidentally summoned The Lord of Nightmares (a.k.a. the God equivalent) said something like "My mind is my power my power is my mind".

This basically meant that you can't draw upon their power without drawing their awareness/self, but could also imply that lesser spiritual beings might not actually be aware of how their power is being used if drawn upon.

Although that's mostly just a theory with no actual evidence either way last I checked.
>>
>>46331589

Yes, exactly.

>>46331430

If you're a Slayers spiritual entity yourself, you can also draw on your own innate power.

Zelgadis' Chimera nature made him part brau demon, which boosted his magical power.
>>
>>46331611
It's more that the lord of nightmares can't be separated from her power, while other beings can be.
>>
So I'm doing a Soul Eater build now, and I'm trying to decide between Black Blood and Werewolf. Which has greater physical abilities and regeneration? And do either actually affect my soul other than changing the color or my ability to use a weapon partner?

I'm also curious as to whether Anti-Demon wavelength is worth it. Seems a little underwhelming for an 800 CP capstone.
>>
Speaking of Slayers magic, are there any perks that allow a jumper to skip incantations? To silently cast? As far as I remember, Dragon Slave required a full incantation to achieve it's full power, and while I DO need that kind of firepower in other jumps, that would leave me vulnerable. Is it possible to skip that with perks, or do I just need to take the risk?
>>
>>46331677
Does the 800 CP Ryuuzoku option give you your own magical power?
>>
>>46331729
Can't Lina still make fuckhueg blasts with just the name? I don't remember it being /that/ diminished.
>>
>>46331729

I know there are perks that can do that, and or make it quicker. but I'm not sure how many work outside of their system.

However Obsidian Tower trilogy has Cantrips, and Maoyuu Hero and Demon King has Stored Magic.

Both of which basically let you prepare a spell beforehand to cast later.
>>
>>46331677
speaking of Lord of light, I went full crafting. What sort of tech should I expect to know?
>>
>>46331760
I might be remembering wrong, but I could have sworn just saying the name wasn't as effective. I think they were fighting Ruby Eye, and whenever they used Dragon Slave to drain his power/hit him, it didn't work as well as when they first started using it, where Rezo used the full incantation.
>>
>>46331853
That helps, thanks anon.
>>
Jump #11: Sword Art Online
Name: Echo
Origin: Accomplice

-Perks-
Roleplay (Free)
This Is, In Fact, My Final Form (-300CP)
APM Intensifies (-600CP)
My Quest Senses Are Tingling (-100CP)

-Companions-
Sans (-100CP)

-Items-
Digital Projection Helmet (Free)
Sturdy Shield (-100CP)

-Drawbacks-
Abhorrent Admirer (+100CP)
An Inconvenient World (+100CP)

Sans and I mainly spend our time in SAO dicking around and trolling everyone. After Kayaba bit the bullet we prevented Phantom Bullet from happening by finding and killing XaXa and Black. We also killed XaXa's brother, because fuck that squirrely little rapist bastard.

After that, we spent the rest of the jump designing our own VRMMORPG based on Undertale and, about a year before we left, published it. Thanks to my organizational capabilities and connections (Thank you, Glass Dagger and Politically Correct), it turned into a smashing success!
>>
>>46331729
I believe the incantation just makes it easier to cast, if all you did was spam Dragon Slave day and night you could get used to how it feels and do that instead.
>>
>>46331870
Oh, I know it doesn't work as well. I just didn't think it was that big of a difference if you'd already mastered the spell.
>>
>>46331677
also, is animal a drawback proper or an origin into itself? I'm curious if I can take it with drop-in
>>
>>46331870

Dragon Slave draws upon Ruby Eye. That spell literally can't hurt him unless he lets it.
>>
>>46331944
It's an origin which is negative enough to afford points when you take it. This is similar to other jumps that do similar with backgrounds or racial choices, the Supard being another that comes to mind.
>>
>>46331922
Really? Huh.
>>46331962
Wasn't it only working in that fight because he was possessing Rezo's...ghost body, or something? Which is why he didn't kill everyone, because he was weakened? It's been a while, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering right.
>>
Slayer's magic system is a bit of a pain, because if you let Lina and co. fight all the beings they do you're going to be SEVERELY depowered by the end. All the beings that fuel all the good spells die.
>>
>>46332049
Maybe Drain No from Young Justice would help?

Or just use Conjoined Conjures to power those spells with other magical energy.
>>
>>46331864

The items barring the City of Heaven are a good example (though the force shields and automation of the actual city would count). They're pretty much all of the technological items mentioned in the book.

Though I did make a couple of the items a little bit more generous in their interpretations, and without paying CP, some are implied to require a god to use safely (a solvable problem).

Yama doesn't really go for full industrialization, so they're generally handcrafted and unique wonders.

>>46331944

Separate origin. Animal God would be amusing, but throws things out of whack.
>>
>>46332175
Nah, nothing is taking away your powers. The stuff you buy in the jump is the magic system or magic 'school'. Not the specific spells. You're pretty fucked.
>>
>>46332049

Most of them are just variations on "giant energy blast" though.

Blast Bomb is easily equal to Dragon Slave, so the upper tiers of elemental magic should be able to step in.
>>
>>46332211
>Blast Bomb is easily equal to Dragon Slave
Anon are you feeling okay? No it's not.
>>
>>46332192
Not that anon, but doesn't Bel allow you to add demons you kill or enslave? Does that mean that if YOU kill them, you can add them to your court and thus have them as a reliable...energy source, I suppose is the right term?
>>
>>46332182
but I could mass-produce them if I wanted to? Because I figured that since I bought the wand of universal fire and all the tech perks I could do something like that, that was kind of one of my plans for a build for a jump.
>>
>>46332192
It should work again post-jump, right?
>>
>>46332240
Yes, that should work.

>>46332260
Logically no.
>>
>>46332240
And another reason going Bel was a great idea.
>>
>>46332022

It was the Luke fragment if I remember correctly. Basically the soul that fragment of Ruby Eye wanted to fuse with really wanted to be killed, which let Dragon Slave work on it.

Technically it was a composite entity, bt unless I'm remembering things it was both equally Luke and a piece of Ruby Eye. Sort of like how a Jumper is an extradimensional being and whatever background they took.

I suppose I could be wrong about it working if they want it to, but well this is basically the only situation I can think of where you had a mazoku that wanted an attempt to use their power to kill them work.
>>
>>46332229
The wiki says they're about equal, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
>>
I'm not very familiar with the warhammer setting, is it a good idea to mingle with the chaos gods/ chaos cults? If so what can be gained, and if not why not?
>>
>>46332336
If they were there'd basically be no reason to learn Dragon Slave, so I imagine it's just a wiki assumption.

>>46332364
Fuck no.
>>
>>46332371
Reasons why not to?
>>
>>46332392
They're horrible, insane monsters that will drive you to similar insanity, represent all the negative in the universe, do evil shit constantly, will mutate you at a whim sometimes into a useless nonsapient blob for kicks, and if they like you will skullfuck you into a demon while ripping out your soul and replacing it with what amounts to rotten psychic spunk.
>>
>>46332392
They are generally pretty evil people and you will probably end up getting your soul fucked with. No faction in 40k is squeaky clean, but they are one of the worst.
>>
>>46332364
I'd say no. The Chaos Gods are not only batshit crazy and evil(Even Nurgle is obliviously evil), they're also incredibly fickle: Slaanesh once had a demon who pleased him/her/it with her dancing skills. However, one day Slaanesh had just been trounced by Khorne, and was in furious mood. The demon tried to please her master by dancing, but this just enranged him/her/it more, and now she is forced to dance for all eternity. Not to mention you could be transformed into a being that shall not be mentioned lest I become one of them.
>>
>>46332364
that is one of the worst ideas in jump chain.

>>46332392
they kill , plot against , infect, corrupt ,rape and eat each other as a form of worship, chaos is Everything bad about everyone times 1 billion
>>
>>46332336

Rezo or Copy Rezo destroys a city with Mega Brand, and another with a Blast Bomb variant that spits multiple massive fireballs.

Can't remember if there was any external power supply going on from Ruby Eye or that other demon Copy Rezo ate, but that doesn't change the fact that you can do it.
>>
>>46332049
>>46332192
>>46332260
>>46332265

Actually depending on how nice The Benefactor is they might potentially work.

In addition to "The Four Worlds" the Slayer's cosmology has multiple timelines if some of the manga stuff is canon. So in theory they could just switch you to drawing upon an alternate version of them from a timeline where they didn't die.
>>
>>46332436
>>46332433
>>46332425
>>46332414
Ok thank you for the information.
>>
>>46332478
>Jump-chan
>Nice
>>
>>46332486

I did say 'might potentially'. Although realistically none of the spells should work if them not being around was still an issue.

You are after all drawing upon the power of a being whose power is frozen in time.
>>
>>46332364
The chaos gods are the Gods of murder, rape, Aids and being a dick
>>
Where can I get some tech that will let me fabricate robots with nanotech?
>>
What jumps would give me enough power to take on the Godhand? They honestly need to go down, but they're also insanely strong. I think the SMT jumps might help, but I'm not sure. Are there others? Is it even possible?
>>
>>46332744
Well, any jump that gives you anti-fate perks will be useful, a big part of the Godhand's power is that they can manipulate destiny so they always win. Viking Saga, Terminator, Percy Jackson, Kingdoms of Amalur...any of those would work well, I think.
>>
>>46332744
Just stop Griffith from becoming Femto and they have to wait another 100 years for the next Eclipse.
>>
>>46332762
Hmm, the Devil Survivor 2 jump has an anti-fate perk as the capstone for Drop-Ins that makes you immune to fate. Would that and Sword of Polaris allow me to defeat them?
>>46332767
That works too.
>>
>>46332744
If you really want to 'beat' the Godhand, what you really need are perks that let you beat the evil out of humanity there. If you can convince humanity that they don't deserve shitty things happening to them, the Idea of Evil will up and disappear taking the Godhand's power with it.
>>
>>46332830
But they kinda do, it is Berserk after all.
>>
>>46332830
That also works. What perks would work best?
>>
>>46332862
Really? Everybody that has ever lived in Berserk's world deserves horrible things happening to them? I highly doubt that's true.
>>
>>46332821
>Would that and Sword of Polaris allow me to defeat them?
It would certainly help, yeah.

>>46332830
That's the exact opposite of what you need to do. The Idea of Evil is born from mankind's belief that they don't deserve bad things happening to them, and that therefore anything bad that does happen must therefore be the work of some evil entity. What you'd need to do is convince mankind to take responsibility for the disasters they themselves cause and to think of natural sources of suffering like plagues or storms as problems to overcome rather than curses to bear. Basically, bring about the Enlightenment.
>>
Merciful fuck I have been driving, once again, for the past two days going across the country. I mean I'm back home, but holy shit I'm glad to be out of the car.

What have I missed.
>>
>>46332944
Gundam Anon released the 00 Gundam jump. I'm pretty excited about that.
>>
>>46332944
There's a jump about gundams and one about angel robots and also some work on SMT jumps
>>
File: 1400535937219.jpg (32 KB, 412x276) Image search: [Google]
1400535937219.jpg
32 KB, 412x276
>>46332973
>00 jump
>ELS
>Quantum Brainwaves
>GN Particles
>mfw
I'm going to bleed. But through my suffering, Zohar shall gain further ascension.
>>
>>46332944
DDS anon released another WIP for part 1 last thread. According to him, he's almsot done, just needs companions and drawbacks.
>>
>>46332931
Right, it's been a while since I read that chapter, that would work much better.
>>
>>46333008
almost*
>>46333005
>That Eggman
Why is Archie Eggman so terrifying?
>>
>>46333005

Hey I've got a question about the "It's Alive!"option in Bayonetta, items with that option are immortal right? I'm not going to have to worry about my gear dying late in my chain am I?
>>
>>46332886
Mr. Rogers capstone from the Children's Show Jump.
>>
>>46332744

If you mean the one's from Berserk I'm not sure about fighting them difficulty(no clue how strong they are), but if you want to cause major problems for them I recommend the following.

First go to Terminator and get "No Fate But What We Make". This makes you and everyone your working with unable to be affected by fate. Unless I'm misremembering fate manipulation is a significant portion of the power of the Idea of Evil and it's minions such as the Godhand

Next you want Echidna from Darkstalkers which you will then use to grant a lesser version of your Terminator jump template. This will cause even more trouble for their fate manipulation by making more people resistant to it, and allowing the resistance to spread.

Then get perks that let you grant powers or teach people skills, and social perks.

>>46332821

On a side note I went with Terminator's anti-fate perk because it's the only one I know of that mentions that it includes everyone working with you instead of just you.
>>
>>46332944
Generic Hentai Jump.
>>
>>46333005
It's pretty great. Some really nice tech perks, a few appearance perks that you will absolutely love, great combat and tactical abilities, and some incredibly awesome mobile suit upgrades. Gundam Anon even put in a capstone booster that makes you part ELS. Clearly he's been studying your work to learn the art of CP vampirism. You should be both proud and ashamed of what your example has wrought.
>>
>>46333072
Trolling isn't funny.
>>
>>46333072
Red, don't listen to them, that's not a thing that happened.
>>
>>46329436
http://youngjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-Suit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.