[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG SPOILER GENERAL - this time its real I swear! edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: lilireal.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
lilireal.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
>>
File: selflesssoul.jpg (36 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
selflesssoul.jpg
36 KB, 265x370
>>48108874
1W
Creature - Spirit
Flying

Sacrifice Selfless Soul: Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
2/1
>>
File: deploythegatewatch.jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
deploythegatewatch.jpg
45 KB, 265x370
>>
File: unitedresistance.jpg (51 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
unitedresistance.jpg
51 KB, 265x370
1RR
Sorcery
Escalate 1 (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.)

Choose one or both -

* Target player discards all cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards.

* United Resistance deals 4 damage to target creature.

* United Resistance deals 3 damage to target opponent.
>>
>>48108975
>>48108916
>>48108951

Liliana disapointed, but these are really strong cards.
>>
File: ishkanahgrafwidow.jpg (32 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
ishkanahgrafwidow.jpg
32 KB, 265x370
>>
>>48108916
Will this help in any way the spirits deck? It has good value for 2 mana, but I am not sure indestructibility until EoT is quite useful
>>
>>48109104
Until languish goes out don't hold your breath
>>
>>48109104
Not sure which format you're interested in but in standard its a good beater with evasion and a strong ability against sweepers, in modern it can protect a groskol captain until the second copy comes out. I like it
>>
>>48108874
Literally two other threads beat you to it

Saged, reported, called moot, called your mom, called the ICPO
>>
>>48109197
Didn't see them. why not put a /mtg/ or some searchable tag?
>>
>>48108874
I hope this isn't real. This is supposed to be Liliana using the chain veil to dangerous degrees and that's a fairly weak walker.
>>
>>48109104
I dunno about a straight spirits deck but its a fairly decent value add to most white decks. A playset can allow you to stack up your weenies.
>>
Welp that's all the mythics
>tfw no Ludevic
>>
>>48109530
Agreed. I was expecting a 5 or 6 mana planeswalker with amazingly strong abilities.
>>
>>48109596
He could still be rare!
nah, they've fucked us again. Reveal can't be based mad scientist unleashing his masterpiece to fight a losing war, it's gotta be the fucking avengers show up and piss all over the flavor and established atmosphere.
>>
>>48109663
fuck now I'm remembering when each block was amazingly flavorful and we weren't told what we were supposed to enjoy. ;_;
>>
>>48108951
Normally I don't bitch about planeswalkers in modern magic but this is fucking bullshit
>>
File: 1465682446750.gif (3 MB, 336x229) Image search: [Google]
1465682446750.gif
3 MB, 336x229
The jacetice league was a mistake
>>
>>48108951
I don't see any deck that would run this
>>
>>48110358
WB control that runs secure the wastes, Gideon, and Sorin. Throw Lilly in there as well. It's a gamble sure, but payoff is potentially worth.
>>
>>48110358
That mythical five-color Superfriends deck
>>
>>48110342
*Gideonwatch
>>
>>48108916
I like it. Could be a neat trick in Aether Vial based decks.
>>
>>48108874

Why is her art so shit. She's even doing the same silly pose in the jacetice league card here >>48108951
>>
File: rko.png (243 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
rko.png
243 KB, 500x313
>>48110542
>>
>>48110542
>Why is her art so shit.
The fuck?
>She's even doing the same silly pose
Blindfag, pls.
>>
File: incendiaryflow.jpg (48 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
incendiaryflow.jpg
48 KB, 265x370
finally a good burn
>>
>>48109197
>moot
Who?
>>
>>48110977
>sorcery speed

Don't you mean hot garbage?
>>
>>48111219
This
>>
>>48110977
I remember the days when lightning bolts and incinerates were printed at common. Now Maro bakes us some fresh shit, straight from his autistic asshole.
>>
>>48111219
I knew I was overlooking something. fuck why can't we ever have good burns?
>>
>>48110977
>Volcanic Hammer
I never asked for this
>>
File: Haunted Dead.png (181 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Haunted Dead.png
181 KB, 265x370
How good do you think this card will be in limited?

I was a fan of sandsteppe outcast, ghirapur gearcrafter, and eldrazi skyspawner, but this new card doesn't have as great a rate as those other ones. Still seems okay

Will the addition of the 1B discard two cards ability make it great? I found it a bit expensive. Ghoulsteed was mediocre and Stitchwing Skaab was good but not amazing.
>>
File: idort.jpg (7 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
idort.jpg
7 KB, 170x170
>>48112124
>blaming the lead designer for power level concerns
This is a development issue. If development aren't able to play good burn decks in standard, it's their job to decide that burn needs some love.

>calling people autistic
>freaking out at the easiest possible target
Irony'd
>>
>>48112327
Honestly, the problem is that a good Burn deck has many of the same issues as a good Control deck.

The best possible game for a Burn Deck is one where you get to completely ignore your opponent and shoot them until they're dead. Maybe sometimes you kill one or two of their guys, but for the most part your entire strategy is to interact with them as little as possible except to prevent them from actually getting to play.

Similarly, a Control deck wants to tie down their opponent and stop them from playing until the Control deck gets to vomit out a threat and kill them with it.

The reason Midrange keeps being king of Standard is because Midrange is the one that tends to actually get into combat and combat is what tests well with the Standard crowd.
>>
Am I wrong to think Lilli is hot garbage and Tamiyo is good?
>>
>>48112697
Nope, seems to be the case
>>
>>48112604
There is no need to go for one of the extremes. at least a single good burn is fun and might help red to close out those final hit points.
>>
>>48112306

I'd hit that.
>>
>>48110977

Why Chandra always give such autistic response, wasn't Red the color of creativity?
>>
>>48112604
As weird as it is to think, I'm not against that mentality. Magic is ultimately a game and should at least have some semblance of fun to it. Solely Control or Burn not having any real purpose other than 'keep your opponent from having fun' doesn't do them much credit.

However, I agree with >>48112740 that burn should get at least something juicy. You can't shut down an entire deck with just 4 cards, but there's no reason that we can't get a solid set of burns here and there. My question is this: What's wrong with the Lightning Axe / Fiery Temper combo?
>>
>>48112697

Tamiyo is clearly a superior girl, this is why she can't be a Jacetice LEague Member, they are either loser or piece of shit.
>>
>get third return to zendikar set cut due to jewery and breeding three blocks a year
>rework it into innistrad block
>still make the original aspects, final Titan and full gatewatch formation incredibly shoehorned

HOW
O
W
>>
>>48112780
It's a lot like jaya Ballard's quotes actually
>>
>>48112817

Another autistic dement
>>
>>48111154
New friend over here
>>
>>48108951
That seems like a really nice deal. I'm envisioning a WU deck with it to make use of scrying and discard outlets to try and summon off-color planeswalkers as well. That's probably a janky use though.
>>
File: 130l38.jpg (46 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
130l38.jpg
46 KB, 450x450
>>48112824
>Can't retort so I'll call him autistic
>>
>>48112824
This. Jaya Ballard is not as charming as nostalgia makes her out to be.

Lava Burst's flavour text sucks ass.
>>
>>48112780
Red is the color of passion. directness, and snap, impulsive decisions. It's not the color for planning ahead. If you ask what someone like Chandra is going to do, the answer is 9 out of 10 times going to be "I dunno set it on fire".
>>
>>48112780
It is, but that doesn't mean every Red character represents that aspect of Red.
>>
>>48112780
Blue + Red is creativity. Red is impulse and blue is intellect.
>>
>>48112888

Ble + Red is MAD SCIENCE
>>
>>48112888
UR is random steampunk quirkiness and absolutely nothing else.
>>
>>48112944
>The only set I know any UR cards from is Ravnica

Beautiful.
>>
>maro dicklickers tell him red spells as sorceries makes sense because you have to 'impulsively' cast them, not hold them for the ideal time like blue's calculated instants
>he likes the idea
>sorceries ever since
>"don't blame maro!"
maro has been using 'flavor' shit like this to justify blue getting things it shouldn't and shitting on other colors for years.
>>
>>48113006

To be honest they had the whole Steam & Eletricity stuff even in Shittistrad.
>>
>>48112840
Might as well throw G in there so you can hardcast anything if you have to with Oath of Nissa.
>>
>>48113073
Good call. Plus Green can help offer some ramp to cast things faster.

Bant superfriends seems surprisingly viable.
>>
Guess this is as good of a place to ask as any.

So I've been out of the game for almost 10 years.

Is mill still something you can do?
>>
>>48112780
>>autistic
I don't think you know what that means.
She didn't say "Well Gideon I'm going to set them on fire because I am a pyromancer and control of fire has a relatively limited array of options compared to necromancy or telepathy or nature magic or the power of friendship, hence why this is a mediocre burn card instead of something actually new or interesting."

Gideon is White and expects strategy, tactics, and a plan going into battle.

Chandra is red and wants to set shit on fire. Chandra has always leaned more to red's "Goblins, dragons, and fire elementals smashing shit to smithereens" aspect than she has the love, passion, emotion, whatever aspect.

All her named cards are some variation of burn, frequently targeting multiple opponents at once. Outrage, Ignition, and Fury being the best examples.

The text is wizards lightherated acknowledgment that chandra (along with the rest of the jacetice league) is fairly one dimensional. It's magic's "thought I'd try shooting my way out-mix things up a little"

Hopefully kaladesh is less big bad guy of the week and gives a chance to develop the personalities of the watch more, considering it's the plane chandra was orphaned on theyd be idiots not to try SOME character development

Tl;dr jace's dick turns bad girls better
>>
>>48112888
What's impulsive about Jori-En exactly? I'm pretty sure she's just red because her skin is red.
>>
>>48113135
You can. It's still not overly viable. I think there was one part around magic origins where it was a more solid option, at least in limited thanks to that one sphinx card.
>>
>>48108874
that's a really shitty Lilliana

+1 kills nothing
-2 is a weak draw engine/graveyard fuel

This bitch is never leaving standard
>>
>>48113060
That's just Blue in Innistrad, you dink.

Red on Innistrad is Townsfolk, Vampires, Werewolves, Devils.

Pretty much the only Red cards on Innistrad with the "steampunk" aesthetic are Geistblast, Harness the Storm, and Rage Thrower. That's 3 cards out of 168.
>>
>>48113170
Hm, what are the core cards for it now?
>>
>>48113135
Sphynx's Tutelage is a $2 uncommon, it's fringe but it's viable.
>>
>>48112306
It's a madness and delirium enabler that recurs both itself and the 1/1 flier.

The zombie comes back tapped but the flier doesn't, which is nice

I think it's stronger than people think at first glance
>>
File: createcard.jpg (179 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
createcard.jpg
179 KB, 400x560
>>48108874
My fake is better.
>>
>>48113148
Do we really know for sure if Pia and Kiran are dead, or is it just assumed?
>>
>>48109104
It could be really good in BWTokens and Soul Sisters for Modern.
Standard doesn't really need more power in white.
>>
>>48113163
>"Some relic hunters have given up exploring and gone to fight the Eldrazi. But I know our work is more important than ever. The secrets we uncover could lead to the world's salvation."

She's Red because she's daring, choosing to take very risky actions because of the great potential payoff.
>>
>>48113183

Is not like there are much more "useful" Red card either.
>>
>>48113206
So what pairs well with it? I see these clue tokens that let me draw cards, I could use that to accelerate my deck while milling theirs?
>>
>>48113355
Maybe, but just draw spells and counterspells work well too.
>>
>>48113288
What exactly are you trying to say here?
The most relevant Red cards on Innistrad were things like Falkenrath Aristocrat, Huntmaster, Hellrider, Bonfire of the Damned, and Past in Flames.

The "useful" Red cards on Innistrad had nothing to do with a steampunk aesthetic.
>>
>>48113378
Oh, I figure those would be a given.

Like, go with a standard blue setup of semi-lockdown, then using the clues I generate to trigger the mill whenever I have spare mana. Maybe find some other use for the tokens, though I don't know what.
>>
I thought today was the day where they'd release all the cards. We still gotta wait for them to comb through the commons?
>>
>>48113233
In her Duels campaign it's pretty confirmed. Your dad gets murdered and you hold his body when Baral storms the village you've been hiding in after you accidentally burned down half a city block when your powers manifested.

Your mom is apparently killed in the fighting as well, but you're immediately put in chains and led to your execution so it's a little more ambiguous and I wouldn't be surprised if she came back

Chandra's origin is by far the shittiest childhood though. Street rat that gets into scraps with the law, no desire or aptitude to be an artificer on an entire plane of artifacts, powers manifest and you accidentally destroy an artifact foundry. Your parents have to quit their jobs and flee the city with you because the captain of the guard wants to make an example out of you.

Relocate to an outskirts village, fight off predatory wildlife, finally get settled into your new life until the guards finally track you down.

They burn the village to the ground, kill your parents and frame you for the destruction. Can't even mourn as they shackle you and lead you to your public execution. Your planeswalker spark ignites and breaks the suppression magic on you, you incinerate the guards and everyone around you as you teleport away. Oh, by the way, you're fucking eleven years old as all this is happening.

Chandra had a hard life.
>>
>>48112813
Idiot.
>>
>>48113436
Ok, so I just started looking.

What the hell is the weird colorless mana symbol? Is it just colorless mana, or is there restrictions on it?
>>
>>48113503
You can only spend colorless mana on it.
>>
>>48113503
It's colorless mana, and colorless has to be spent on it.

Pretty big reason why the painlands were in Origins.
>>
>>48113503
It's just colourless mana. Generic mana now only shows up in costs.
Some Eldrazi have colourless costs specifically.
>>
>>48113524
What if I generate it? Can I spend it on anything?
>>
>>48113503
It's just colorless mana. In costs, it means that card can ONLY be paid for with colorless mana.

It's not a new mechanic, it's just to denote the difference between, say, 1GG, 1 can be paid with any source or color of mana, and lands and effects that give colorless, and now eldrazi which can only be paid for with colorless mana

It basically saves a line of text saying "Pay for this spell only with colorless mana" from all the eldrazi cards
>>
>>48113553

Yes. Because cards have ALWAYS produced colorless mana.

No card, in the history of Magic, has ever produced "generic" mana, the mana cost symbolized by {1}.
>>
>>48113583
>>48113575
Ok, so it's just a symbol thing, and not some new mechanic.
>>
>>48113604

Correct. If we'd gone straight from "add colorless mana" to "add <>"? Nobody would be confused.

But they used the generic mana symbol as a band-aid, and ended up causing confusion later down the road.
>>
File: Diamond.png (1 MB, 1500x600) Image search: [Google]
Diamond.png
1 MB, 1500x600
>>48113604
Basically, yes.

To put it in the context of familiar cards, here's a mockup I made when the symbol was spoiled.
>>
>>48109530
It's a 3-mana walker that eats utility dudes, wins all day with goyf trades, fuels the yard, and protects itself flat better than LOTV, the most expensive plainswalker on market currently (aside from special versions). What more do you want?
>>
>>48113623
>>48113630
Ok, back to mill.

I used to run a blue/black version of it, does black still help it out? Or is mono blue the way to go for mill?
>>
>>48113476
Yeah, Gideon only had to Robin hood his way through life as an orphan, got thrown in maximum security prison, then when he finally gets a shot at redemption he kills his only friends that he considered family and is tossed into another world and they don't even pronounce his name correctly.
>>
>>48113686
Blue discards from library, black discards from hand. Monochrome decks aren't that strong at the moment so I don't see any reason why you couldn't continue to play U/B like you're used to
>>
>>48113503
It's just colorless. When it's in a mana cost, it specifies that it can only be paid with colorless mana. That's the Eldrizi's gimic for the last couple sets.
>>
>>48113691
Gideon should have chosen a mana color with decent removal and not tried playing Ishmael and the Whale

It's okay though, he'll probably be given a chance to martyr himself and we'll get elspeth or another white femwalker and jace's harem will be complete
>>
>>48113722
Right now I'm just trying to compile cards that are possibly useful for the deck archtype, haven't even gotten to black yet. I'll have to look, but it's been so long since I built a deck, this is going to be weird. I don't even remember good land comps.
>>
>>48113785
Sphinx's tutelage is the big threat that mill has right now.

2U Enchantment, whenever you draw a card target opponent puts the top 2 cards of his library into graveyard, if they're both nonlands and share a color, repeat this process.

Can pay 5U to draw a card and then discard a card

Multiple tutelage out plus card draw effects can burn through a library real quick
>>
>>48113868
So far, these are the cards I've looked at that seem like they might work for the deck. or might do something to help it get it done.

4x Sphinx's Tutelage
4x Bone to Ash
4x Trail of Evidence
4x Thopter Spy Network
4x Vessel of Paramnesia
4x Dispel
4x Invasive Surgery
4x Fleeting Memories
4x Stratus Walk
4x Elusive Spellfist
4x Faerie Miscreant
4x Gudul Lurker
4x Manic Scribe
4x Palace Familiar
4x Thing in the Ice

4x Vampiric Rites
4x Altar's Reap
4x Grasp of Darkness

If Tutelage is my wincon, then that's that, but I was looking for something else as well.
>>
File: 1366557146427.jpg (31 KB, 413x425) Image search: [Google]
1366557146427.jpg
31 KB, 413x425
>>48108874
>there are people that actually think that piece of hot garbage will see any play outside of standard where it's not even sure that she will be played in the first place
>there are people that are preordering playsets of this turd for 25 bucks a piece as we speak.

This makes me more angry than it should.
>>
>>48114167
stay away and laugh
>>
File: swords_to_plowshares.jpg (52 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
swords_to_plowshares.jpg
52 KB, 312x445
>>48113770
>Gideon should have chosen a mana color with decent removal
>White
>The Elder-God tier of removal
The fuck are you smoking man?
>>
>>48113630
It's still anus mana.
>>
>planeswalkers dont meld to become some super card

0/10
>>
>>48114248
You've got a weird looking anus, anon.
>>
>>48109663
But MaRo said more people like Jacetice League.

And if you don't agree hi following of Tumblrites will defend him and call any valid criticism harassment.
>>
>>48114248
>implying anything but white is anus mana
>>
I wanna know where is my uw spirit/human alliance card. After dedicating an entire story to the genesis of the order of saint traft I can't believe they won't explore it further.
>>
Falkenrath Aristocrat callback card when?
>>
>>48114467
http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/blessed-alliance/

There's Saint Traft, right there.
>>
>>48112697
You'd be surprised. Her +1 is soft removal which is crazy to have as a + ability and protects her very well. The -2 is rather weak in my opinion but it does give her utility in graveyard-based decks.

Her main selling point is the ultimate though. It does not have immediate impact on the board and requires more loyalty, which are the main reasons this card is worse than Liliana of the Veil, but that emblem is real hot stuff since its basically Super Endless Ranks of the Dead, which is a great win condition... In a zombie deck.

Therefore, the new Lili will be played if a zombie deck ever becomes a thing. Otherwise the fact that LotV exists and Planeswalker uniqueness rule means this card will only see fringe play if any at all.

Zombies might become a thing in standard eith her though.
>>
>>48114587
The art for it was already leaked, looks sort of like a cross between Elesh (the sillhouette, nobody get autistic on me) and Emrakul.
>>
>>48114289
>yet
>>
>>48114289
We could have had Nissandra in Oath, but no
>>
>>48114745
Already confirmed there's only 3 meld pairs in the set.
>>
>>48114865
They also confirmed that they only made 3 so far because they want to test the waters. and that they really like the concept and would like to revisit it eventually.
>>
>>48114712
>Zombies might become a thing in standard eith her though.
As a vampire player, this saddens me
>>
File: 86.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>48114913
Why not monoblack Vampire/Zombies?
>>
>>48114712
Zombies are still missing another good 2-drop or 1-drop. Relentless Dead is just not enough to carry them and their other good cards are all too slow without a low-CMC foundation.
>>
>>48112303
Sorry anon. I was having a discussion with a friend last night about the possibility of playing burn in standard and in a fit of rage I said "Fuck even Volcanic Hammer would be better than what we have right now."
I jinxed it for all of us.
>>
>>48108951
Another 'planeswalkers matter' card to force use of planeswalkers. Jeeze.
>>
>>48111154
It'll never stop hurting, huh?
>>
>>48115377
Let's be honest: planeswalkers sell blocks. It's probably an order from the Hasbro overlords to push them.
>>
>>48115188
Fuck you. But you're ok, we're in the same boat I guess.
>>
>>48113053
> you can only do this thing at a very specific time
> somehow this symbolizes impulsiveness

That's so retarded I'm stunned.
>>
>>48109068
>wanted legendary spider
>get this
damn you monkeys paw
>>
>>48108916
Just pointing out this art is amazing.
>>
File: descarga (1).jpg (11 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
descarga (1).jpg
11 KB, 190x265
>>
>>48114396
Tbh plebs like basically anything as long as it is easy to understand
>>
>>48114712
If her +1 was -2/-2 or -1/-2 she'd be legacy playable, as she is, she's not even standard playable until everything worthy from now until SOI block rotates is a 2/2 and they print actually good removal.
>>
I really hope there's a Zombie Eldrazi.
>>
>>48115054
Vampires don't have worthy black 1 drops either.
We'd need Carrion Feeder, Viscera Seer, Pulse Tracker or something similar for Mono Black anything to be playable.
>>
>>48115436
I'm pretty sure if Hasbro cared much about sales the resserved list wouldn't exist anymore.
>>
>>48115438
Red means stupid.
>>
>>48115813
Seb McKinnon is easily one of my favorite newer mtg artists.
>>
>>48115965
Maybe we'll get something at common/uncommon rarity.

At least we got Murder.
>>
>>48110542
>>48108874

Trademark-able pose, to help with character identification when the movie deal goes through.
>>
>>48108874
Obligatory "She'd be fun in EDH."
>>
File: Happy_merchant_mtg.png (58 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
Happy_merchant_mtg.png
58 KB, 343x400
>>48115976
>Silly goy doesn't know that WotC has stocks in star of david games
>>
>>48115937
your legacy call is probably correct but she seems to have a lot in common with flip-jace besides not being a flip card.
+1 is a slightly better debuff
-2 is pretty good card advantage
-7 is doesnt matter because youre never getting there in a close game.
the real measure of her standard playability is the strength of this set's duals or the strength of black's 2-drop
>>
>>48116025
She's a useless lightning rod in EDH. Even if you get her out with Doubling Season she needs to survive a turn to ult, any planeswalker with that quality is unfeasible.
But hey, sometimes you need to coax out a burn spell before dropping the real stuff.
>>
>>48115849
This card will see play. Maybe not more than as a 1-of in sideboards, but it will definitely see play.
>>
>>48115965
What I wouldn't give for at least a Gravecrawler or Diregraf Zombie.
>>
So I think Jund is going to be super good.

Murder and Collective Brutality, Dark Dwellers and the new red escalator as well as the shitty bolt, Eldritch Evo for copies 4-8 of Dark Dwellers, hell if there's a decent reanimator spell (which there is in Ever After) it might be possible to go Big with shit like Craterpig. And Jund has no shortage of superior 3-drops.

Christ, the lines of play you'll have in Jund are sickening. Shit like turn 2 brutality to kill a 1/2-drop and force a discard or something, as well as dumping a red escalate card then turn 3 play a creature into turn 4 evo for lava spike and flame slash via dark dwellers is just one way you can take it.
>>
>>48116043
Starcity has lost so much money because of the resserved list that they had to stop supporting legacy to deflate prices while they re-stock.

Nobody knows who the RL actually benefits but it's not Hasbro, WotC, the LGS, the independent dealers or the player base.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>48115735

Maybe we'll get a boss spider one day that'll tie the whole tribal together, but we've only gotten 2 good ones in 2 sets (Watcher In The Web being the other)
A modern spider B/G tribal I wish we could play but is just not there, even with Swarmyard ;_;
>>
File: goldenshower.jpg (44 KB, 522x392) Image search: [Google]
goldenshower.jpg
44 KB, 522x392
>mfw just saw TMS spoiler video
>mfw all these people sucking wizard's cock on the new liliana both in the video and the comments

How can people be so fucking bad at Magic ? She is garbage in EVERY constructed.Yes, even standard doesn't want her because Black in Standard is shit tier right now.

People are actually saying this card will see play IN MODERN. What the fuck is wrong with these people ? Literally none of her abilities is worth the 3 mana in Modern. And that's not even taking in consideration that you will never be able to ult her. -7 at 3 starting loyalty ? Come the fuck on.

Yes I mad
>>
>>48116253
Honestly if you're going to TMS and expecting negativity on anything but worst cards ever, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>48116025
In 1vs1 maybe. Big Drana/Griselbrand can easily protect a walker but are sometimes light on threats but themselves. This emblem, like Ob Nixilis Reignited's is a nice wincon.
>>
>>48116253
>Tg is bad at magic, the post
>>
>>48113905
My friend has a U/W control mill based off Tutelage. I'll write a list when I get home.
>>
File: 51GfBc6NabL._SX450_[1].jpg (40 KB, 450x314) Image search: [Google]
51GfBc6NabL._SX450_[1].jpg
40 KB, 450x314
>>48116253

Seems like Liliana, Defiant Necromancer is even better for a zombie deck support

Maybe as a 1x for U/B zombie deck, which I really want to play now since we have better zombie support in Standard.

The new liliana's recursion isn't so great, whereas the Origins version seems better.

and Liliana, The Last Hope's ultimate ability you'll never get to use, so I agree she's a bit underwhelming
>>
>>48116330

*Maybe she is okay as a 1x for U/B zombie deck
>>
>>48116287
There is a difference between trying to find good sides of mediocre cards and straight up telling that shit cards are hidden gems. I was expecting a biased yet insightfull video, all I had is a WOTC ad.

Wedge is lying to his community and they are eating it up. Actually, I'm not even sure he is lying, maybe he is delusional and believes what he says.
>>
>>48116361
>I was expecting a biased yet insightfull video, all I had is a WOTC ad.
The guy is featured on the daily magic update almost every day he puts out a video.

No fucking shit.
>>
>>48116361

According to Wedge every card is playable. He just hypes his videos fpr views ignore him.

You shouldn't use him for "news" anyways, just check the spoiler every day
http://www.magicspoiler.com/eldritch-moon-spoiler-2/
>>
>>48116375
>being angry about nothing
You sound like one of those people who floods the mtgo chatbox with salt when they lose.
>>
>>48116302
Go away Wedge. She isn't good. She isn't even mediocre because Delirium isn't even a thing in Standard. She is just plain bad.

Modern wouldn't touch this with a 10 feet pole either, not even gonna talk about Legacy.
>>
>>48116241
Collector Jews and Speculator Jews, basically just parasitic fucks who neither support the magic nor create it
>>
>>48116443
I'm not angry, I'm being realistic. The guy is part of Wizard's hype machine, and you're mad at him for pretending that a card isn't complete garbage?

Come on, dude.
>>
File: images(7).jpg (37 KB, 488x301) Image search: [Google]
images(7).jpg
37 KB, 488x301
Ajani taking a huge lilliana
Snapcaster better be a rare or im not even touching this piece of shit set with someone elses dick
>>
File: 1457581075314.jpg (147 KB, 388x524) Image search: [Google]
1457581075314.jpg
147 KB, 388x524
The fake one we saw two days ago was better. wth
>>
>>48116512
man there are a lot of salty people today
>>
I'll say it again, the -2 on her is what really kills it.
Requiring you to play a creature deck, have creatures in the graveyard, and want a 3 mana raise dead, is fucking retarded.
Why not make it more universal with discard or zombies or something else?
>>
>>48115976
That's not how that works at all.
>>
>>48116512
flashback isnt even in SoI or eldritch moon
>>
>>48116253
You gotta keep suckling on WotC's dick if you want to keep getting those exclusive spoiler cards
>>
>>48116544
Makes sense. Between modern being stagnant, standard being stagnant, edh have two legendary creatures types theyve been begging for to be printed turning out to be absolutely trash, and wizards thinking this is perfectly okay.
>>
>>48110977

I like how its established that Chandra burns things so well they literally stop existing.
>>
>>48108916
Is that Selfless Cathar's ghost?
>>
>>48114225
they just don't know, anon.
>>
>>48115965
>carrion feeder
man, i used to have a monoblack that worked around that fucking card.
>>
>>48116657
There are plenty of good cards that have been spoiled already and we haven't even seen half the set yet. There could be massive bombs yet to come be patient
>>
>>48114712
>Zombies might become a thing in standard eith her though.
What the fuck does she have to do with Zombies? Her ultimate isn't a factor at all to that.
>>
>>48116752
That's some unfettered optimism anon. I find they tend to spoil all the cards they think are bombs first.
Also I'm not posting bitchy salt about this stuff, just answered why the salt is here. I'm too apathetic to wizards shit to even bother be salty about it
>>
>>48116752
>There are plenty of good cards that have been spoiled already
I count 7 definately and 3 at best maybe for standard.

Considering WOTC frontloads their spoilers thats a real shitty set so far.
>>
>>48116752
>There are plenty of good cards that have been spoiled already [sic]
By what metric? There are some standard playable cards but there hasn't been a standard set in recent memory that didn't have at least a couple of standard playable cards.

I don't think we have anything modern playable and Legacy also probably isn't going to see any changes.
>>
>>48116879
Eldritch Evolution might pop up in a few moern decks in the next few months, trying it out. Same goes for the black escalate card.

The planeswalker CoCo might also enable a modern superfriends deck in the future.
>>
>>48116915
>6 mana sorcery in modern
>That requires you to play 18+ fucking planeswalkers
Nice joke anon
>>
>>48116832
>I find they tend to spoil all the cards they think are bombs first.
Which is what, maybe 15% of the actual bombs of the set?
>>
>>48116915
>The planeswalker CoCo might also enable a modern superfriends deck in the future.

It's no Summoning Trap.
>>
>>48116915
Bruh it costs 6 mana there is only one deck that would ever play it. WG TronJust imagine hitting a Karn and an Ugin off that thing.
Its jank trash but it still gives me a hard on
>>
Wotc only cater for standard and edh its very rare anything coming out of sets for the last few years and if it does its usually an oversight and/or banned/dealt with swiftly (ruse cruise, low cost eldrazi erc in recent memory)
>>
>>48116957
Depends on your idea of a bomb. Modern players look for 1-2 cards, edh is like 4 and standard is 10% at best
>>
i was really hoping there would be a tribal legend cycle at mythic after seeing ulrich but for some reason they had to fuck up the cycle to give us a spider edh card and planeswalker coco. I dont see why those two couldnt be rare but at least im not likely to open many of the latter in draft.
heres hoping for more on curve spirits and tempo counterspells
>>
>>48116915
So "There are plenty of good cards" turns into "3 cards that MIGHT see modern play."

I also think you are being quite generous with your estimations. Chord of Calling is generally superior to Eldritch Evolution and would likely not fit into any existing chord decks. A 4WW sorcery (turn 5 even in Tron, barring wasting turns on eggs) isn't going to see play in modern.
>>
Can someone explain to me where the green is on Tamiyo please.
>>
>>48116969
>WG Tron
>WW in a deck that only shits out colorless mana

No thanks.
>>
>>48117214
her plus is very green
>>
Cards going to see play in standard
>Hanweir Garrison
>Selfless Soul
>Incendiary Flow
>Murder
>Kessig Prowler
>Prey Upon
>Hanweir Battlements
>Galvanic Bombardment

Fringe as shit cards if the deck exists
>Tamiyo (Prohibitive colors)
>Geier Reach Sanitatium (if we get a real reanimation spell)
>Grapple with the Past (Same as the above)
>Thalia (If a white/x tempo deck exists, I might be harsh on this and people might play it just to stop getting fucked by Avacyn)
>Unsubstantiate (Same as above)

Shit retards say will see play and you can laugh at them knowing they are kitchen table retards
>Gisela (We just got our 3 damage burn spell making it so a 4 mana X/3 with no ETB is unplayable)
>Oath of Lilliana (A 3 mana edict in a format with people shitting out tokens and CoCo)
>Emrakul (Worse than Ulamog who is uncastable in this fast ass standard)
>>
>>48117214
She's a bunny, animals are green
Literally no reason
Should be 1WUU
>>
>>48117076
it's a mega cycle

olivia
ulrich
sigarda (humans technically)
gisa/geralf (obviously zombies)

we only need the spirit one to complete it
>>
>>48117243
>What is Chomantic star/sphere
>what are Mana Rocks
its like you've never played tron anon-kun
>>
>>48117253
>prey upon
not while dromoka's command is in standard
also, thalia is really on-curve while also having a pretty relevant ability. she doesnt go in the really really fast humans builds but she's an autoinclude in uw or ug
>>
>>48117303
What color is the spirit going to be?
>>
>>48117350
>>48117303
Ah disregard that I'm dang sleepy it's gonna be UW hopefully
>>
File: bd8.png (178 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
178 KB, 1190x906
>>48117350
UW
>>
>>48117350
Following that cycle it would have to be U/W, which means it isn't happening. No way is white getting a share of four mythics.
>>
>>48116253
>Modern playable
>Doesn't kill Goblin Guide
>Doesn't kill Eidolon of the Great Revel
>Doesn't kill Wild Nacatl
>Doesn't kill Murderous Redcap
>Doesn't kill Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
>Doesn't kill any Merfolk Lord
>Doesn't kill Ezuri
>Doesn't kill Elvish Archdruid
>Doesn't kill Tarmogoyf
>Doesn't kill Wurmcoil Engine
>Doesn't kill Thought-Knot Seer

She's an extremely shitty sideboard tech againt Affinity, Infect and Delver.
Wow!
>>
File: images(10).jpg (23 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
images(10).jpg
23 KB, 429x343
>mfw zendikar fetchland reprints and this shit set goes for $250+ a box on release day and becomes the greatest selling set of all time
>>
>>48117316
The con the Thalia is red is getting a bunch of toys to play with and bombardment means your 3 mana play getting eaten by a 1 mana instant speed removal spell is going to be rough.

But I am probably being way too harsh on her, 3 power first strike murders everything relevant right now other than Knight.

As for prety upon its one of those cards I always discount but a 1 mana fight spell always ends up pulling work even if Dromoka's is a million times better.
>>
>>48117380
I'd count Brisella as being Colorless in the eyes of R&D instead of white, because yes, they are that stupid.
>>
>>48117303
SAINT
A
I
N
T

TRAFT
R
A
F
T
>>
>>48116330
I'm holding off on building zombies until we see wether or not Kaladesh will have some.
If they don't we'll have the same situation as Goblins, they were going strong after Piledriver and not-Bushwacker, then they completely deflated because SOI doesn't have a single goblin or actually good red spell.
>>
>>48117437
Redeemed Spirit of Grislbrand
>>
>>48117437
>>48117446
I'm pulling for Mikaeus, desu.

It'd be cool seeing him leading the other ghosts of the plane and defending the humans.
>>
>>48116521
All three fakes were better without even being actually good.
>>
>>48116567
If it was "return a black card to your hand" it would be good because she could keep protecting herself and hoping to someday achieve that ultimate.
>>
>>48117253
>selfless soul
.there is a 3 cmc instant that does the job better and does not see play.
>Kessig
Only on Werewolves
>Prey Upon
Maybe on Werewolves, Dromoka's Command is far superior and rabid bite is safer.

>Thalia
Are you dense? This thing will see play in Modern Taxes the second it's released. Of course it will see Standard Play.
>Oath of Liliana
It's already on Finkel's BG, Unquestionalble.
>>48117253
>Emrakul
Ulamog does see play in RG ramp and RU Eldrazi.
Emrakul will see play.
>>
>>48116752
The artifact wolf and Red Donate are the only good cards, and the wolf is a maybe.
>>
>>48117310
>What is Chomantic star/sphere
>what are Mana Rocks

Few and far between, in my experience.
>>
>>48117411
>How do I stop Affinity?
>I know, I will kill a Signal Pest on turn 4

She's shit against Affinity.
>>
>>48117507
>3cmc instant does the job better
If you're talking about Make a Stand, no. You can sacrifice the Selfless Soul at instant speed for the same effect without the +1/+0 UEOT and you also have a 2/1 with flying on the board until you sacrifice it for that purpose, for 1 mana less.

I'd much, much rather have the flying 2/1 that can be sacrificed to make other creatures indestructible for 1W than an instant that makes creatures indestructible and +1/+0 UEOT for 2W. Like, that's not even a contest.
>>
>>48117452
Unhallowed Giest of Saint Mikaeus.
>>
>>48117433
I more just meant that Gisella is a good stand alone mythic, and Tamiyo is mythic as well. With Walker Company, that makes three.
>>
>>48117741
as long as its not intro-pack rare-tier or costed for edh i'll be happy with anything
>>
>>48117675
Besides, with rattlechains it has flash.
>>
>>48117832
fuck nevermind, can't stick the thing in commander and get good results out of the deal.
>>
>>48117813
We already have all 5 intro pack rares and because this isn't Ravnica/Tarkir/Alara they aren't multicolored.
>>
>>48117030
Every set since Legacy is a thing has had at least 1 card that sees play in Legacy.
Modern is the bitch that often goes a while stagnant.
>>
>>48117832
>flickering
See, this is the problem with most players. You say shit under the best-case-scenario horseshit along the lines of, "if you had infinite mana, this would be craaaazy!"

How the fuck do you expect to flicker anything in GB.
>>
>>48117795
Yeah, but I'm willing to bet that they aren't counting Gisella as one since she's part of Brisella.
>>
>>48117076
Because if every mythic was good they've be valued closely to each other and you wouldn't be required to open aprox 110 boosters for each copy of the mythic you actually want. Instead you could open aprox 9 boosters and trade.

Them jews won't let you gyp them like that.
>>
>>48117868
with my phrasing, I actually mean to say i hope that the rare does not have overall power level reminiscent of rares commonly found in intro-pack rares, which are often notably bad in comparison to the rest of the set, not necessarily that i hope the card is not in the intro pack, which would be quite uncommon given that intro pack rares are almost always monocolored.
>>
>>48117422
They don't have the balls to reprint fetchlands until battlelands rotate.
>>
>>48117987
I pray to god the earliest they do it is Poo in the Loo part 2.

I can't deal with more than 3 months of that shit.
>>
>>48118033
What the fuck am I reading

Why are you communicating in memes
>>
>>48118053
Kaladesh is based on India
>>
>>48116328
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>48113672
wins with goyf trades? what?
>>
>>48118053
read the web adress.
and get /out/
>>
>>48117521

Red donate is irrelevant and will not be played in Standard, that's no even what I'm talking about. fucking artifact wolf what

>>48117442

Let's hope the zombie tribe will be strong like bull
>>
>>48117442
If Kaladesh doesn't have zombies I'll personally shit on MaRo's face.
>>
>>48118220
DESIGNATED

SHITTING

DESIGNER
>>
>>48117521
They're discussing Standard you idiot, and a red Donate for legacy is QUESTIONABLY useful. moron
>>
>>48118085
Not him but it shrinks the opponents goyf so instead of bouncing off each other you kill theirs
>>
>>48118216
Donating a 'you lose the game' Demonic pact won't be played in Standard?
>>
>>48112808
>Burn not having any real purpose other than 'keep your opponent from having fun'
what
how does burn keep people from having fun?
>>
>>48118053
>2016
>unaware of Poo in the Loo
I sort of envy you. Its a shitty realization.
>>
>>48118283
It is more likely that you die to your Demonic Pact than you actually succeed in donating it.
>>
>>48117675
The big thing about Make a Stand is the surprise effect. Selfless souls dosen't do that unless you run spirits.
And +1/0 can transform attacking or blocking in a real massacre as your opponents attack and block optimally.
I use Make a Stand, people prefer Avacyn even though it's completely obvious ( White splashed Deck with 5 mana untapped, 4 cards and unfavorable boardstate passes turn) . People will still prefer Avacyn over Selfless and Stand.
>>
File: cardart_hlfypJIyZd.jpg (97 KB, 700x509) Image search: [Google]
cardart_hlfypJIyZd.jpg
97 KB, 700x509
>>48118283
Just like all the other times Demonic Pact got played in standard? Oh wait....

I'm sure it'll be a good strategy to play a 4 mana enchantment then wait 4 turns and then play a 3 mana card to make your opponents lose the game

I literally can not think of anything that could possibly go wrong with this plan. I would definitely make this deck right away and go to the world championship of magic with it.
>>
>>48118361
I didn't say it'd be phenomenal or game breaking, just that its playable.
>>
>>48112856
>>48112817
Sizzle is still the best.
>>
>>48118385
It really isn't.

Unless with playable you mean legal. Then you're right.
>>
>>48108916

Could this be potentially good for Modern Merfolk? He vials in at 2 and can save the team from a board wipe.
>>
>>48118385
It's playable as in you could put in a deck and play a game of magic with someone else

It's not playable in the sense you would ever win anything
>>
>>48108951

I like it. It's powerful in a vacuum, but the deck that could use it optimally will be casual tier at best. Still, it's fun to think about paying six mana to get an Ugin and a Bolas.
>>
>>48108874
Wow, the fake spoiler was shit and this is even worse.
>>
>>48108916
Flavor Text: "No matter what, you will always have something to give"
>>
>>48118444
It's decent sideboard material against things like Maelstrom Pulse I guess.
>>
So does anyone else have any other spoilers to post or are we just gonna devolve into shitposting?
>>
>>48118560
just wait for Kaladesh , the amount of shitposting will be unreal
>>
>>48118560
Spoilers in about 2 hours.

So shitposting ahoy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.