[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Heartwarming Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1445195641173.png (251 KB, 662x952) Image search: [Google]
1445195641173.png
251 KB, 662x952
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>June 2016 Survey
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june-2016-dd-survey

>Old Thread
>>48053236

How much RP interaction between PCs do you see, and do you wish you saw more or less of it?
>>
>Wizards of the Coast in charge of logical decision making
>>
>>48070635
In almost every session, I leave a little bit of time that in one way or another incentives the PC's to RP in character to each other in bits of the session, i.e. if a player is on a solo stealth mission or something they're encouraged to talk during it, and might receive inspiration for it. or perhaps if they're at a campfire theres usually a allotted bit of time to chat with each other.
>>
>>48070675
>/tg/ anons in charge of quality content
>>
>>48070635
None, practically all conversations between my players are OOC

I wish they at least tried
>>
So thinking of running Curse of Strahd, couple Q's:

Is it as deliciously dangerous as it seems to be?

How would you classify "occupants" for keeping vamps out or letting vamps in? Rightful residents? Current squatters? Anyone in the house at the time, guest or homeowner?

Know of any good music I can spoop my players with?
>>
>>48070683
It's amazing how many people leave the "role play" out of RPGs, and it ends up getting substituted with table talk and snark.

I'm a long-time DM working with a new group of people who've played D&D for 10 years, and never once Played a Character.
>>
>>48070721
I've gotten them to role play with NPC's, the next step is to get them to role play against each other.

The old group I moved away from was roleplay heavy, there were a few sessions with no dice rolling whatsoever.
>>
File: woolie feelin it.png (291 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
woolie feelin it.png
291 KB, 500x429
>players start RPing whenever I have some downtime to do a little ad-hoc prep
>if some players are off doing one thing that I'm focusing on in voice, they'll often start inter-party RP in the Roll20 chat so they're never bored
>have consecutive sessions dedicated to RPing, interacting with NPCs, and solving problems without combat
It feels so fantastic. I love my group.
>>
>>48070635
Tiny fluffy/feathery wind dragons are my favorite
>>
>>48070771
It's always great when players have that breakthrough where they realize their character can be more than a miniature/pawn/chit that is "doing stuff".
>>
>>48070675
since when are dwarves that short?
>>
>>48070819
don't worry about it, it's a shit post.
Hill dwarves are a minimum of 3' 10"
Gnomes max at 3' 7"
>>
>>48070861
Manlet detected!!! How can dwarves even compete!!!!??
>>
>>48070635
Our party has a lot of PC interaction, especially since our resident half-orc fighter insists on maintaining his idiot personality despite his character having higher intelligence than the rest of the group whenever he does stuff
>>
>>48070717
just finished running the lvl 1-3 beginning section of that. knocked 1 play out with the first encounter, killed the other 3 with the third. its brutal.
>>
My party has essentially been babysitting two Kobold clerics for two sessions.

I think they've both survived enough shit to get player character levels. However, I really don't want to make them DMPCs, especially since there's two of them.

Is the best way to avoid this to have them both just leave the party quickly?
>>
>>48071283
Just give them the stats of an Acolyte (MM appendix) and call it good. Maybe someday if they stay in the party they'll upgrade to Priest.
>>
>>48070988
Does the player let the smarts shine through here and there?
>>
>>48071283
Have them be camp followers for the PCs.

They watch the horses when the PCs go into a dungeon. They help cook the dinner. That kind of thing. They can have acolyte/priest stats, but they will only come up if the PCs are attacked in their camp, or while traveling.
>>
>>48071320
My setting is high-magic, so the PCs have floating motorcycles, not horses. This lead to the amusing visual of a Tiefling with leather armor riding a Harley through a forest, so I think it was worth it.

Then again, somebody needs to make sure the bikes don't get scratched.
>>
>>48071301
Nope, he plays him straight dumb 24/7 Although he did end up becoming a politian/ruler of the orc tribe whose leader we ambushed and killed. It's less a case of he has high intelligence and more of a case that his lowest roll is higher than our lowest roll
>>
>>48070717
I have no experience with the adventure path, so I'm no help there.

Music, on the other hand, is my forté hyuck hyuck. I never run games without music, to the point where I barely can when I don't have it occupying silences.

To that end, certain selections from Midnight Syndicate, the soundtrack to the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube, Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6, and parts of the Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem soundtrack, would be good places to start.

The Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance tracks from World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria are also pretty ambient, and from that same game, Icecrown Citadel and Naxxramas, along with Tirisfal Glades, the Undercity, and Felwood are all pretty nice as well.

I'll search through my library and see if anything else comes up. There's also-

http://tabletopaudio.com/

If you are looking for ambient sounds to go along with it.

Hope any of this helps.
>>
>>48071346
So have the NPCs be on the lookout to prevent thieves from taking their motorcycles.

They also let you have larger, more dramatic encounters with bandit groups that are still fair by CR rules, since you're adding a couple of low-level PCs to the PC side in some encounters.
>>
>>48070717
>Is it as deliciously dangerous as it seems to be?
It can be fairly dangerous, especially if you play some of the things straight and brutal. They can come in contact with things resistant to nonmagical weapons before they get any, and in sizable portions, meaning martials are going to have a hard time cleaving shit down without getting wrecked.

>How would you classify "occupants" for keeping vamps out or letting vamps in? Rightful residents? Current squatters? Anyone in the house at the time, guest or homeowner?
Occupants would likely be anyone in it at the time.

>Know of any good music I can spoop my players with?
Darkest Dungeon's OST is all on Soundcloud. The Souls games (Demons' Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodborne) all have great horror-themed sound tracks for ambiance, fights, and they even have a few pleasant, peaceful ones for towns and downtime.
>>
File: 1455294877088.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1455294877088.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>48070988
I hope yours isn't as bad as ours.

Anime girl waifubait who acts crazy and stupid all the time even in fights, by neckbeard-kun.
>>
I am a first time GM soon, and I have trouble u understanding the DC. Do I just make it up? The book says I so, but what do I base it off of?

Also I don't understand why The health rules have to be so complex, or what hit die are.
>>
>>48071480
It's mostly fine. He at worst plays his character sub-optimally rather than doing stuff that's group suicidal, and his dumb antics are always fun, although the rate he manages to be successful with his rolls for them is much to the chagrin of the DM.

There's one time his player rolled a 1 on a check to search the city which started a whole side quest of him getting kidnapped by a group of smugglers luring the dumber orcs/half-orcs of the city into labor camps
>>
>>48071504
Check the DMG (pg. 238) for advice on setting DCs.

The rules for hit points aren't difficult. Hit dice are a resource used to heal on short rests, and that's all they're used for. Check PHB pg. 186 (Resting section) for pretty much all the rules covering them.
>>
>>48071504
Hit die are basically just the hit points you get each level, rolled separately as healing during downtime.

For DCs it's probably best to go by fives categorize them according to how impressive the task is. DC 10 is something anyone can commonly do, DC 30 is outstandingly epic feats. Scale along there and it should be fine.

But always remember if something is too easy or too hard, there shouldn't really be a roll.

Also, although skill checks aren't meant to crit fail or succeed, I like to add a little something extra when it swings hard either direction if the situation merits it.
>>
>>48071553
>>48071566
Thank you senors
>>
>>48071504
As I recall they recomend that the DC should be;
For an very easy task - DC should be 5
For an easy one - 10
For a average task - 15
A hard task- 20
A very hard task - 25
Near imposible task - 30

Just ask yourself what the task they are doing fits in to.
>>
Post your character sheets and describe your character in a sentence, I'm curious.
>>
>>48070635
As a new player I find it much easier to RP with NPCs than with other people in my group. I think it's because our DM is more comfortable and willing to commit to RP than the other people in the group, since they're new too. There's a certain vulnerability in RPing, especially to people when you're not sure if they're taking RP/the game as seriously as you are. And I love joking around and not really taking it super seriously, but there's definitely that subtle barrier to RP which manifests itself in that.
>>
>>48071705
Well put. Players know that (a good) DM is fully committed to the seriousness of the game. And newbies are certainly more comfortable role playing against the DM's NPCs, particularly if the other players are fairly new to each other.
>>
>>48071647
I might do it in a while. But I can't right now.
>>
>>48071647
Healer by trade travelling to find a new home for her family but has realized that she would much rather keep moving than settle down when she finds it.
I use a paper sheet and I'm too lazy to take a photo.
>>
>>48071647
She lived her life as a cleric until the head priest came to her and gave her a secret book and was told to keep it safe from everyone, including herself.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=856384
>>
Hey, how does this look for a 5th level spell?

An oily black smoke rolls out of nowhere, obscuring sight and sound. It leaves a distasteful residue on everything within, and the scent is one of open sewers and putrefied flesh. Create 20 ft radius sphere of Darkness. Any creatures starting their turn within or entering the area must make constitution save or spend their action retching and reeling for that turn. Creatures that succeed their save are poisoned instead. They can attempt a new save when they start their turn outside of spell’s area to be rid of the poisoned condition. Creatures that fail their constitution save three times are incapacitated for the duration of the spell. Furthermore all sound within the sphere is blocked as per the spell Silence.

thoughts?
>>
>>48071941
It doesn't make sense that the once failing the save DON'T get poisond but the once how succeeds do.
Otherwise I like it.
>>
>>48071941
oh shit youre right. herp derp.

not sure if they should be poisoned no matter what or poisoned on a failed save..
>>
>>48072010
Better to allow a save. Not like poisoning alone is all that consequential, anyway.
>>
>>48072010
Also, you should add that anything immune to poison or doesn't breathe should be immune to the spell.
>>
>>48072223
Except to the darkness, obviously.
>>
File: 1467240455286.jpg (69 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
1467240455286.jpg
69 KB, 712x750
Guys I fucked up bad how do I break a contract with a demon help....pls....
>>
>>48072284
We'd need details on the deal and the setting. But generally, you could offer it a better deal, doing it some favor or procuring something of value to it.
>>
Is this better than Dungeon World for first time players? Dungeon world seems alright in theory, but upon actually reading the rules it seems too open ended, yet strict in the wrong places (bonds)
>>
please explain why a lawful good individual doesn't need to be a fucking goody two shoes, because people don't believe me when I say a crusader can be lawful good

I posted this in another thread too, but I think discussion is a good thing, so I'm posting it here too
>>
File: 1467418813338.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1467418813338.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The Pugilist from the DM's Guild got endorsed in the recent issue of Dragon+ so is added to the list.
They also have a code (DMG001BFTU) to get the Battle for the Undercity adventure for free, but I think it is also in the mega.
>>
>>48072558
Best answer is that having an alignment doesn't mean you're the most extreme example of the alignment. Give the reasons you have for being good and lawful, and act accordingly.
>>
File: Shadowcaster1.png (486 KB, 596x824) Image search: [Google]
Shadowcaster1.png
486 KB, 596x824
Shadowcaster guy here again.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkaciQ1L

updated the spell lists a bit and added a few more mysteries. Can someone provide feedback, possible broken spells or features, underpowered spells or features, or horrible typos I missed?
>>
>>48073443
Your formatting is exploded.
>>
>>48073453
doesnt work on firefox, only works in chrome.
>>
>>48070717
Been playing in store for a few months now. It is deadly and dangerous and we've only survived some really stilted ecounters by means of being clever and lucky.

And then there was the time we were NOT clever in Valaki...
>>
File: Shadowcaster 5e Homebrew.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Shadowcaster 5e Homebrew.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48073453
heres the pdf.
>>
>>48072737
What exactly is in each issue of Dragon+, I'm stuck with a first gen Iphone 4 and I've never been able to successfully run the app and WoTC support at the time said I couldn't read it with a web browser.
>>
My DM hasn't given us a plot. He's left little nudges and mysteries along our path, but has given us practically free reign on where we want to go and what we want to do. The party is setting the goals, and as far as we know, there's no BBEG yet.

In this regard, is he a good or bad DM?
>>
>>48073716
Are you enjoying yourselves? Same answer
>>
>>48072452
Bonds are better than you think, lots of first time players freeze up when you ask them to think for themselves instead of picking an option from a list.
>>
File: Battle_for_the_Undercity_(5e).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Battle_for_the_Undercity_(5e).pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48070635
I got this free from the DM's Guild with a promo code from the latest Dragon+ magazine.

There are also two adventures from the latest Acquisitions Inc PAX whatever event for free on the DM's guild, I'll post those too for anyone interested.
>>
File: How_Not_to_Host_a_Murder_(5e).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
How_Not_to_Host_a_Murder_(5e).pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48073778
How Not to Host a Murder - murder mystery set in a wizard's mansion
>>
File: ISTAR_Facilities_(5e).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ISTAR_Facilities_(5e).pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48073790
I.S.T.A.R. Facilities - fix a Zhentarim training facility.

Kind of lame that so much stuff on the DM's Guild is set in the Forgotten Realms.
>>
File: 1449986464719.png (827 KB, 639x859) Image search: [Google]
1449986464719.png
827 KB, 639x859
Several builds I've been contemplating that I'd like guidance on:

Battlemage. Eldritch knight is obviously there to fill that niche, but I'd like them to take battle master's maneuvers to reflect their mastery of martial combat. So in the context that I want battle master is the only other way to take 2-3 levels of wizard?

Punch-Wizard. Same thing, but with unarmed/grappling as the prominent form of melee. Assume also, with battle mage, I'm more interested in the mystical/arcane magic stuff over icewalls and lightning bolts.

A gruff/tough/armored grappler. Obviously monks excel at unarmed combat, but I'm more thinking like a gruff brawler. Would a str-based monk just be the best way to go regardless? Like super strong, super dexterous, but not very wise or cunning; wearing armor and punching shit as hard as possible to make up for it. Human with the free feat makes it work by 12, and the three +1s to your STR mean you could secure at least 18 STR if you wanted to go with monk, but could it work at least as well any other way?
>>
>>48073932
*before
Humans can make it work before 12; assuming you've got feats in the campaign.
>>
>>48073932

Several ways to do your first one, feel free to experiment.

For number two, sounds like you might want to look into a grapple-Bard build.

Third one sounds like a good Battlerager so you can pick up spiked armor.
>>
File: 1450016723681.jpg (73 KB, 736x889) Image search: [Google]
1450016723681.jpg
73 KB, 736x889
>>48073969
> Battlerager
Well, maybe, but more so I'm thinking like a stern, strong-silent-type of character, rather than an aggressive/angry lashing-out type of situation. Like, his shit's all skill-based, but instead of being quick and flippy he's like a rock that reacts/slams out slow but devastating blows.
>>
>>48073932
There's no point in being a monk that wears armor, you just loose out on too much. You would literally have to homebrew to make that work.

I suggest either a barbarian or a battlemaster that leaves a hand free for grapples.
>>
>>48074010

You can refluff the name and nature of the Barbarian's mechanics to suit your needs. You can be a stoic Barbarian if you want.
>>
How would you guys create a swordsage in 5e? would it require a homebrew? I was thinking a warlock archetype and custom spell list. Would that work?
>>
>>48074042
What exactly do you want out of a "swordsage" character?
>>
>>48074042
>swordsage
DEX-based battle master.
>>
>>48074056
Well, I really liked all the maneuvers they had. Being able to cast 'spells' as attacks was also a highlight of the class for me. After that, being partially monk-like because of no need for armor. I never got to prestige into the vampire shadowlord prestige class but that would be cool too.
>>
>>48074016
Martial Arts is the only thing I'd miss really. I could probably get a DM to let me keep those by willingly forgoing Unarmored Movement or something, but I'd like to get as close to my intents as possible without having to houerule it.
>>
>>48073443
>>48073485
bump for feedback
>>
Hey guys, what modules feature Never winter or the regions around it?
>>
File: 5e_PHB_Feats_War-Caster.png (683 KB, 566x491) Image search: [Google]
5e_PHB_Feats_War-Caster.png
683 KB, 566x491
>warcaster
>allies run past you
>use your reactions to cast healing/buff spells
>>
>>48074133

Allies do not qualify as 'hostile creatures'.
>>
>>48074141

Beat me to it.
>>
>>48074141
>>48074154
They're probably hostile if the party is in combat.

But in all seriousness, I don't think that WotC considered the notion of casting buffs when they wrote this feat. Would /5eg/ DMs allow an amendment to the feat to permit casting on allies?
>>
>>48071647
A surprisingly intelligence Human Totem Barbarian raised by talking animals (Result of Wizardry) who is trying to raise an animal army, give them great intelligence and make his own kingdom.
>>
>>48074133
> allies provoke attacks of opportunity
sure, of course
>>
>>48074193
Hostile means hostile to YOU.
>>
>>48074193
allies do not count as hostiles, nor do they provoke attacks of opportunity from you; ever.
>>
>>48074086
Play a shadow sorcerer and stop making edgy shadowninjaassassin character classes that aren't needed.
>>
>>48074193
even if you wanted to argue that 'hostile creatures' is transitive, your allies don't provoke attacks of opportunity from you
>>
>>48074217
Isn't the concept of "Ally" and "Enemy" deliberately left completely undefined?
>>
>>48074077
Sounds like a "I want to do everything cool all at once" character mess.
Just stick with 3.5 or something.

I have a Sword Monk in the game I am running, it really didn't take too much tinkering to create and isn't unbalanced. That's what a Swordsage is to me.

What you want is "Le Spell Slinging Swordsman" that apparently appeals to lots of people of a "certain age", given the sheer amount of character art for them online.
>>
>>48074077
DEX Eldrich Knight and use the SCAG Cantrips for most attacks?
>>
>>48074086
A for effort, not really needed though. You could easily build that off of a warlock or sorcerer.
>>
>>48074210
>>48074207
>>48074217
>>48074246

Technically neither the text for Warcaster nor Opportunity Attack specifies to whom the creature must be hostile, just that the creature must be hostile.
>>
>>48074255

Sure, if you want to be obtuse about it, but in that case I'll force party members to make AoOs and hostile actions at your character.

After all, the are 'hostile creatures'!
>>
>>48074269

Don't forget that level 20 Monks can initiate combat with a passing horse to get free ki points!
>>
>>48074259

0/10 apply yourself
>>
>>48074255
No, it's left undefined because the entire book is written in second person; addressing the reader, meaning both "allies" and "enemies" both always refer to the reader's allies/enemies.
Please work on your reading comprehension and stop reaching for loop holes.
>>
>>48074260
yeah, i think that would work. spell list kinda sucks though.

>>48074259
Yeah, pretty much. Its hella edgy i know. >.>

I feel like its difficult to get a gish character without going paladin sorcerer.
>>
>>48074290

Didn't 3.PF have the old keen vorpal scimitar with a bag of rats gimmick too? Every edition has been kind of stupid.
>>
>>48074294
What about a Bladesinger Wizard? You could take defensive spells, Touch Attacks and you would have fine AC while Blade Singing unarmored.
>>
File: face 1464711318252.jpg (8 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
face 1464711318252.jpg
8 KB, 250x244
>>48070805
>That player whom can't keep from roleplaying an antagonistic shitlord that has to be up in everybody's face about being anti-[everything]
>>
>>48074294

Just do the battlemage thing for Wizard. SCAG I believe it's in.
>>
>>48074264
I tried that, neither really got the feel of it. Hard to make a stealthy mage.
>inb4 invisibility herp derp

>>48074232
>arent needed
why not? The class casts without somatic components on all spells and has a different kind of spell progression. surely thats different enough from the base classes to give it some merit.
>>
>>48074255
They really didn't think anyone was stupid enough to confuse the terms.
You've proven them wrong.
>>48074232
There's always some twit who wants to play something out of "their Animes". In the olden days, it was just some idiot who had to play a Shinobi in your Norseworld, now it's Final Fantasy Faggotry.
>>
>>48074323
>Hard to make a stealthy mage.

Skilled, The Feat. Wow that was hard.
>>
>>48074311
>>48074321
Checking it out. Didnt know it was a thing.
>>
>>48074323
Shadow Sorcerer with Warcaster is fine. Change some features or what not but the new class is far to specific for what classes are.
>>
>>48074282
>"Okay Kyle, Sean's character just walked away from you without taking the disengage action. Roll an attack."
>"Uh, I don't want to attack him..."
>"Kyle I'm angry at a guy on the internet and just listen to me you have to do it or you can leave the game."
>>
>>48074323
> DEX 14+
> pick human
> pick stealth
Ta-dah
>>
>>48074269
>RAWfagging this hard
How many years has it been since you last played?
>>
>>48074355
About 0.04 years.
>>
>>48074311
>>48074321
whoa!! its perfect! thanks a bunch. really close to what im looking for. sucks you have to be an elf tho
>>
>>48074083
Ask him to let you absorb blows with your muscles: AC = 10 + Str + Wis.

I built a monk path around strength and grapples before, but I don't have it handy right now.
>>
>>48074323
Bruh, the sorcerer isn't even different enough to merit being its own class from the sorcerer by WotC's own suggestions for how different a character's style should play in order to deserve its own homebrew class. The Warlock only barely counts and even then it should have gotten better invocations, more cantrip options and other utility features instead of getting the spellcaster progression they stapled to it instead.
>>
>>48074324

The majority of Final Fantasy games are class based though with relative cohesive OR lighthearted world's that make sense for those classes to be present.

Please stop confusing it for the handful of Nomura semen drenched casual receptacles.
>>
>>48074369
Ask your DM to let it slide. Most will unless you're an Adventurer's League player
>>
>>48074379
You're right, apologies.
>>
>>48074387yeah ill have to ask cuz nobody has a physical copy of the book

might have to buy it just to play it
>>
>>48074207
Hey if your ally is running off and going to get himself killed, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to take a moment to try and knock him out. The use of the buff spell as a reaction should be just as valid.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>48074400
>>
>>48074399
Just download the PDF from the Mega.
>>
>>48074400
A: You're already in-combat and preoccupied with your actual opponents.
B: Your'e not already in combat and it's just RP and there's no need for a ruling to tell you you can try to stop the person form starting a fight.
>>
>>48074378
> WotC's own suggestions for how different a character's style should play in order to deserve its own homebrew class
where would I find these suggestions?

Shadow sorc is kinda sorta close, being able to cast darkness is neat and all, but the hounds ability is dumb, the grave ability is useful, but not in line with the shadowcaster at all and the level 18 ability is barely relevant to the class I posted but that can slide.

Sorcerers subtle spell would be the key feature, but id run out of arcane points or whatever theyre called way too quickly. Hmm... ill have to think some more on it.
>>
>>48074400
You could argue this as a houserule, but it's not a valid action as the rules are written.
>>
>>48074406
my dm only allows us to use physical books
it sucks but its his way of making everybody contribute to the gaming library and stops us from munchkin-ing
>>
>>48074437
Shadow Sorcerer/Rogue mayhap? Even if you changed some features it could come together
>>
>>48074449
Anoying but I can see why it can help keep munchkins in line.
>>
>>48070635
If you're a sword and board paladin, isn't it much better to be based on Dex instead of Str? You get bonuses to more skills, better init and can use a bow for range. Dex saves are also more common than Str I think.
>>
>>48074467
#Depends on the character
>>
>>48074467
Yeah you get a little armor penalty, less damage types and lower carry weight but for one-handed it can be worth it.
>>
so this is how u post?
>>
>>48074484
fag
>>
>>48074484
No, this is how you post:

fuck off and kill yourself
suits of full plate armor

glaive and halberd is exactly the same
>>
/5e/ I don't want to go to sleep right now so tell me how your character sleeps in the wilds.
>>
>>48074509
I cut open a Tauntaun and climb inside.
In a pinch an Owlbear will do.
>>
>>48074428
C. Archers and spellcasters are plinking away at a melee monster and the injured barbarian is about to charge it, the level headed fighter punches him in the face as he goes past, interrupting him. Being "too busy to notice something" is in the realm of roleplay, not mechanics. Hostile and friendly are not defined at all, you can define and redefine who counts as which at will.
>>
File: Areyouamagnet.jpg (77 KB, 531x513) Image search: [Google]
Areyouamagnet.jpg
77 KB, 531x513
>>48074523
>Hostile and friendly are not defined at all, you can define and redefine who counts as which at will.
>>
>>48074509
I currently play an elf, so he doesn't ever actually sleep.
>>
>>48074269
>>48074193
>>48074400
fallacy of exclusive premisies
just because some combatants are not enemies does not mean your allies are enemies too.
>>
>>48074532
>Rogue Archetype: Turncoat
>Starting at level 2 you can define and redefine who counts as hostile and friendly to you at will. You can do this freely whenever, regardless if it is currently your turn or not.
>>
>>48074541
*premises
>>
File: Worldbuilding.jpg (410 KB, 1296x2335) Image search: [Google]
Worldbuilding.jpg
410 KB, 1296x2335
So, anons, someone mentioned a in another thread that an anon did a Dark Souls splat for 5e. Anyone got a link?
>>
>>48074509
In a sleeping bag, with my back to a tree or cave wall.
>>
>>48074523
For what it's worth, regular opportunity attacks don't require the creature to be hostile.
>>
>>48074547
Actually, the moment you stab one of the other players or NPC's and piss them off, they become hostile, allowing you to react to them.

But you can't just spontaneously toggle the Milkmaid to hostile and back without doing SOMETHING to make her want to hurt you.
>>
>>48074457
Yeah, maybe. Not too keen on the sneak attack, cunning action and skills would be neat but thats about it. I think ill take>>48074332
suggestion and take the skilled feat in stealth, then try to figure out a way to get more metamagic points to subtle spell everything I cast. Thats if i cant just play the homebrew.
>>
>>48074569
Nuh-uh, the Turncoat can!
>>
>>48074565
Yes, but casting beneficial spells isn't an "attack" it's an action.
There's nothing stopping you from lightning bolting the thief as a reaction with the feat, but you can't cast a healing spell on him as one.
>>
>>48074563
If no one else posts it, I'll post it when I get off work. It's pretty nifty, but imo it needs some work be balanced and efficient.
>>
>>48074570
Don't waste the feat, just swap out one of your backgrounds skills for stealth.
>>
>>48074585
Good thing warcaster doesn't define an attack spell, just any spell in place of an opportunity attack, which itself can be done regardless of the targets hostility.
>>
File: That Guy.png (617 KB, 636x902) Image search: [Google]
That Guy.png
617 KB, 636x902
>>48074589
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>48074606
Hey, if you can find a DM stupid enough to allow it, more power to you.
Somehow I feel you don't have a DM tho.
>>
>>48074590
stealth and sleight of hand, yeah.

If I don't get the feat I don't have to play as a human, so that's a plus.
>>
>>48070635
Starting Curse of Strahd this Friday, anything I should look out for as DM?

I'm skipping the Death House.
>>
>>48074747
yeah. the windmill is fucked up. downgrade the hags to green hags or something because its a walking tpk otherwise.
>>
>>48074323

I agree with the others, this class is fine as a yet-another-flavor-of-wizard you could play, mechanically. Though, in 5e this field is already too crowded. You definitely could have saved a lot of work by making this into a warlock path or cleric domain, I think.

It looks like you're designing a class for one specific character. A brooding gothic edgelord right out of weeaboo villain central casting. I wouldn't let this in my game, not because it's broken but because as a character I can't imagine what a Shadowcaster does with his time that'd be different from what a warlock or wizard would do. The character is 2spooky4me, almost cartoonish. Instead of picturing this class as the good kind of cartoon evil (read Oathbreaker) it seems more like the weepy clove smoker in the corner, which is not a fun character concept in practice. "Dark, brooding, mysterious" isn't really a character concept that translates into fun at the table for the other players.
>>
>>48074905
A million times this.
Generally speaking, an Archetype covers most ideas and a class isn't necessary.
If you have a concept that requires a whole different class, you are probably trying to be too much of a Special Snowflake Character.
>>
>>48074660
Not currently no, and last I gamed I was the dm. I guess being enthusiastic about hypotheticals is the tell?
>>
>>48074905

Shadow spells have been around since AD&D, the shadowcrafter/caster stuff was in 3.5e and of particular, was leaned toward Gnomes playing up their fey heritage, illusionist leanings since AD&D (fighter/illusionist anybody??) And generally being spooky fey midgets. Which is kind of cool.

But yeah when you play it as 'muh grim and dark brooding antihero half-vampire/demon/etc. It's pretty bad.
>>
File: Goth Kids.jpg (137 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Goth Kids.jpg
137 KB, 600x337
>>48074905
>The local high priest approaches the party seeking help
>>
>>48074948
You just don't seem to have the type of personality that would make you welcome as a player.
People who think they can "trick the game designers" with legal loopholes are almost the worst. I'd kick you in a heartbeat.
>>
>>48074614
not that anon but w/e.
also not sure if this is the right one, i got it from the pastebin.
>>
>>48074905
not designing a class for a character at all. its a conversion from the 3.5 tome of magic, same book with the binder and the truenamer. Binder was easily ported as a vestige/patron for the warlock, and I havent gotten around to the truenamer yet. Instead i was trying to tackle the shadowcaster. Funny how everybody finds its flavor to be full edgelord because of the shadowstuff, but eh, no skin off my back, thats just the way the class was originally presented.

>>48074927
What archetype allows the pet keeping and counterspelling focus? Those two were prestige classes available in the ToM that I thought would be fitting as archetypes.
>>
Shit /tg/, I'm pissed. One of my players just walked out of the session, saying he had nothing to do.

We're running a political campaign, and I've put more combat in than I would want for this type, but I was trying to accommodate him. He chose a champion fighter after I told him it would be political.

Anyways, the past two sessions have been largely combat free, mostly because the other players were doing a good job of avoiding it, and it didn't make sense at this particular part of the story to force things on them.

So this guy gets increasingly salty as the party solves these noncombat challenges/issues. I keep trying to throw him a bone with physically oriented challenges to overcome, but he barely responds by the end of the first session. This last session was the second, and he just walked out.

I don't know if I should kick him from the group, or cater to his weird desire to always be in combat all the time.

The other party members are a cleric, a rogue, and a druid if that helps you.
>>
>>48074953
I generally concur. my favorite character has been a killer gnome illusionist that used shadowstuff infused spells to make silent images real. Kinda wish I could do that in 5e, too.
>>
>>48075060
He's a bitch, replace him. He obviously voiced his opinion already.
>>
>>48075060
If your other party members are having fun with the campaign you want to do then you definitely shouldn't change it just for him.
>>
My players are interested with meeting up with a local crime boss. They know the district she lives in, but not how to find her. I assume they'll ask some tavern keeper or ask around on the street. How could I have them meet up?

Also, what are some creatures that would be in a tomb standing guard for about 1000 years?
>>
>>48075071

I always thought it was a cool way to show how they have survived at all in a world like d&d. Halflings are at least charismatic and lucky, riding under the coat tails of tolerant humanity, but what does the gnome offer?

Besides kobold genocide I mean.
>>
>>48075060

>political game
>d&d ever

Why tho
>>
>>48075060
If the rest of the party is having fun and you're having fun, then don't change the campaign. Allow him to tweak / recreate his character, or make a new character, to fit into the campaign better or let him leave.
>>
File: killer gnome.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
killer gnome.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>48075137
sweet yet deadly illusions brah
>>
>>48075037

I know, a Shadowcaster is a special Faerun motif. It'd be the same as playing a special class for the Red Wizards of Thay. If you need it because you're playing characters from that specific story, then more power to you, but something like this just isn't going to be useful for the other 95% who play cruddy Tolkein ripoffs.
>>
>>48075060

Eh, he'll probably leave on his own. It's just a game. I quit a Star Wars RPG once because the group was entirely focused on drama and not slicing robots with laser swords. Waiting for the DM to finish RPing their babydrama because a PC fucked an NPC a while ago just isn't fun to me... I don't care if they're "important" because they have the force or somejunk.

It's nothing against anyone, it's just a game. When I play D&D, making the DM improvise conversations with every tavern patron, shopkeep and noble just gets taxing after a while. I want to shoot the dice, and those aren't the sort of themes that D&D is mechanically heavy on.

To each his own.
>>
Just made a character for an upcoming game, is this a good backstory?

Grew up in a small nomadic tribe of fur traders, lived a peaceful life until one night he had a strange dream, ever since that night he found himself drawn to plants, wanting to befriend them and protect them. This drew him to a life of seclusion where he studied the life cycles of many small flowers and their impact on the world. He eventually learned the location of a very old and wise Ent called Ashtrunk. He arrived just as Ashtrunk was nearing his last breath, he told Sinek that ''I have called to you, you have started your path, now I beg of you, protect the little ones in the years to come, it will not be an easy path but it is your task''. Sinek accepted this task and now travels field to field, doing jobs for those in need while keeping his promise in mind, he will save up enough money to buy a large sanctuary for all flowers and plants, none shall come to harm on his watch.
>>
>>48075060
Tell him that he knew what he wasa getting into, and it's his own damn fault.
>>
>>48070635
I can't remember where I saw the idea first, but in my campaign each long rest a player is chosen to tell a story about their character. The other players can ask questions and stuff (the player telling the story doesn't have to answer) but afterwards the player telling the story hands out an inspiration point to the player whose questions they liked the most.

Been pretty cool so far.
>>
Eldritch Knight weapon bonding a shield Y/N?
>>
>>48075400
Yes but not sure why you'd want to. Improvised weapon I think, or shield bash at best. Captain america build?
>>
>>48075282
It's a yawnfest. He had a dream and now he wants to protect plants.

What was the dream about? How was it so powerful that a single dream suddenly motivated him to change his life goals and act on them immediately? What made Ashtrunk choose him over anybody else in the world, like an accomplished druid or another ent or something?
>>
>>48075210
uhh... Not sure if its from faerun, last I checked it was a spellcaster from 3.5

A lot weaker than standard wizard, but so was everything else. I think it was a solid tier 4 or 3 in power levels. A fair trade off for specialization imo. About on par with the dread necromancer and the warmage, maybe one tier lower than the beguiler.
>>
>>48075418
Thanks for the critique, I guess i'll expand more on those points, try and make it more interesting, the game i'm playing in is backstory heavy.
>>
>>48075210

In 3.5 the shadowcrafter was not setting specific but cirrect, the shadowcaster is. So there is some precedence for both.

Plus default 5e setting is Faerun.
>>
>>48075444
Just checked, yeah it was in faerun. They used the weave and shit.
>>
File: dndcom_1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dndcom_1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>48075410
>Captain america?

Just statting up Elf from the old D&D arcade game. Having easy access to bow attacks while also getting a shield for blocking was kind of her shtick in the second game (apart from all the usual elf spell casting shenanigans).
An Eldritch Knight that bonds their shield could potentially toss it away to draw their bow and then have it back the next turn as a bonus action actually I just realized that shields ALWAYS take 1 action to remove, so nevermind it.

I'll just make her without any bow at all, Eldritch Knight, dueling style, shortsword + shield + light armor; Invisibility at 8, Haste at 14.
>>
>>48074970
Pfft. This isn't about RAW and loopholes, it's about making sense. If you can cast haste on the enemy but not your allies your not going about things right. And I'm just fine as a player, thank you.
>>
>>48074954

Hmm, let me guess, from left to right: Duskblade, Dragonfire Adept, Soulborn, and Warmage
>>
>>48075282
This is the most elf post I've ever read.
>>
>>48074217
>ally is next to me
>he moves away from me
>I go crazy and smack him in the back of the head with my AoO
So I'm not allowed to do this never ever even if I want to? DnD is a videogame.
>>
>>48075638
You might as well bitch about not being able to cast Time Stop as a cantrip.
>>
>>48070635
Does anyone have the Aasimar pages on hand by chance?
Like what spells they learn and all that jazz?
>>
>>48075060
>political game of DnD
This is like trying to perform court trials in Madden NFL.
>>
File: 1413699451847.png (108 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
1413699451847.png
108 KB, 300x301
>>48075655
Do you have a real argument?
>>
>>48075702
Does your inane, pointless complaining need a real argument?
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 415x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 415x688
>>48075655
>Time Stop cantrip
I'd kill for that.
>>
>>48075725
So you don't.
>>
>>48075458
ohhh shit, so youre telling me the shadowcaster has a place in 5e??

CALL THE PRESSES!
>>
>>48075771
How do you argue against a statement that retarded and meaningless?
>>
File: s m u ggg.png (318 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
s m u ggg.png
318 KB, 479x600
>>48075786
>r-r-retarded and meaningless!
Nice job.
Anything that can be done to an enemy can logically be done to an ally and vice-versa.
Trying to define what can and can't be done based on something like allies and enemies is video-gamey as all fuck and ousts DnD as not being a roleplaying game, but a war game in which players are more concerned about arbitrary game terms and definitions than common sense.
>y-you can't do that to an ally, friendly fire is turned off and they have no hitbox!
It's sad to see that this is the general mindset of players of the game that currently acts as the face of the hobby. Truly a shame.
>>
>>48075892
Good for you.
>>
Shadowmagic has a place in every setting, since that's how illusionists make their illusions real.

A shadowmagic class then could expand on that.

The way I see it, a shadowmagic class could possibly do two things: make real things illusory, and make illusions reality.

From those two things, you could set up a nice perk tree. Maybe give it some skill monkey features to fill in gaps.
>>
>>48075135
If you are one for coincidences, a pickpocket can rob one of the characters leading to a chase through the urban setting, they catch them, get them to talk about them, get to meet with a local crime boss that for a quest they will move forward towards meeting the desired crime boss.
>>
>>48076041
Or you could refluff the school of illusion as a user of shadow magic. Or make a whole seperate school. All classes need archetypes this seems like a one trick pony.
>>
>>48071253
>>48071357
>>48071396
>>48073474
thanks kindly anons, i look forward to brutally murdering my players...characters.
dont worry they WANT me to GM because I'm the only GM that ever TPK'd them
>>
>>48076041
>>48076147
How does that work now that they've removed shadow evocation and shadow conjuration?

afaik, only the illusionist tradition gives something similar to the old shadow subschool spells. And i guess the phantasm spells, though that hardly counts.

>>48076147
the shadowcaster PDF above has 3 archetypes that save it from being a one trick pony.
>>
>>48074063
Yes, because we all know the Battle Master jumps around everywhere, suplexes enemies and throws them around, and shoot fireballs.

Do you even know anything about the class?
>>
I wanna be a flesh wizard.

Need to scale a wall? Bam suction cups on feet and hands like and octopus.

Need to jump off a cliff? Sugar glider time.

Red hot coals? Super dense calloused feet to stroll across that shit.

Trying to be stealthy? Morph your appearance to be a little taller, a little shorter, change your facial features, eye color, etc. Can even change sex, vocal chords, etc as a part of it.

What it can't do? Increase strength, dexterity, etc. Nor can they effect the flesh of others.
>>
>>48072558
Because you don't have to play the one-dimensional stereotype. LG can be a crusader-style, because LG =/= Lawful Nice
The crusader's utterly devoted to his morals, and will seek down and hunt all those what would challenge it. In this case, it's a good cause, but it makrs no difference
>>
>>48076041
As a warlock subclass:

Level 1: reality denial

As an action, you can turn one real object into an illusion by infusing shadowmagic into it. Choose a non sentient object that fits within a 5x5x5 cube. The object must not be a part of a larger object (for instance, you cannot choose a subsection of a floor, but you can choose an axe that an ogre is wielding). That object becomes unreal, as if an illusion cast by a competent wizard. This is a feature that lasts indefinitely, until you lose concentration on the effect, or choose to use it on a new object.

A creature may attempt to rebuff your shadowmagic by reaffirming reality. To do so, it must use its action to make a wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC. On a successful save, the object becomes real again, and you cannot use this feature to turn that object into an illusion until you take a short rest.

Level 6: You can make illusions real. Choose an illusion that fits within a 5x5 cube. Some aspect of that illusion that you choose becomes real. You cannot make things with sentience real. If the object (or a part thereof) that you have made real leaves the 5x5x5 area you choose, it becomes an illusion again to the extent that it is outside the original area.

If a creature knows that what you created was originally an illusion, it may attempt to reaffirm reality. TO do so, it makes a wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC. On a success, the real object becomes an illusion again, and you may not make illusory objects of that type real again until you finish a short or long rest.

Level 10: you gain 30 feet of truesight.

(cont)
>>
File: 51DXK965TRL.jpg (46 KB, 355x475) Image search: [Google]
51DXK965TRL.jpg
46 KB, 355x475
>>48076264
>>
>>48076298
Level 14: Once per long rest, you can channel enough shadow magic through your mind to achieve incredible control over your surroundings. Whenever you cast an illusion spell, or as a bonus action, you can modify an area or individual by making anything within the area affected by the illusion spell real or unreal. The changes last for exactly one day, and persist after the end of the illusion spell. If you maintain this effect for a year and a day, it becomes permanent.
>>
>>48076328

Aye, and nothing like that exists in 5e.

Magic of Arcanum had such a thing though, just retool that book. Probably one of the best supplements from 3e anyway.
>>
>>48076202
Did you make the pdf? A quick read through shows that it seems to be trying to do a lot of things. Including but not limited to the pet class, the faux sneak attack, and these melee damage abikites that as far as I know seem like they are like cantrips.

Being able to make a 15 foot weapon attack on bonus action without any ramifications.

Also I'm kind of curious why the lore is saying that the person has been gifted with magic from the shadowfell. When I think of shadowfell it seems like a place where power is only forced through getting it yourself or paid at a heavy price. The wizard and bard spends years studying how to do magic from scratch, a sorcerer is bored with it and in some cases can't control it, Paladins Druids and Rangers have their power given cause they are doing such and such, and the warlock and cleric pledge themself under the service of a higher being.

Being just gifted power from a place where everyone is craving for power seems off.
>>
>>48076264
You are in luck m8, there is a spell that already does that, see Alter Self.

Just add more options with your DM.
>>
Since the volume of a scream is not defined and neither is pitch, is it possible to use Minor Illusion to shatter glass and deafen human enemies? Or as a dog whistle?
>>
>>48076603
That is not a mechanics question that is ask a DM question. RAW, probably, RAI, nope.
>>
>>48076603
It depends on how illusions work in your setting.

Typically, I believe most illusions are a beacon that broadcasts the sensory perceptions that people should experience from that point.

So in this scenario, there is no actual sound, just the perception of sound experienced by thinking organisms. This is why wisdom saves negate illusions: finding the contradictions in reality where the illusionist didn't do anything tells you that something is off. So in your example, a smart wise guy might notice that the scream is the right pitch to break glass, yet mirrors around it are not breaking, and thus, he passes his wisdom save.
>>
>>48076659
So that's a no to the glass shattering. What about a dog whistle or something of the sort?
>>
>>48076735
Sure, because that works by creating a sensation of sound in the dog's mind.
>>
>>48076264

Isn't that literally just the Alter Self spell?
>>
>>48076735
Yeah, you could scream right into somebody's ear full blast, I wouldn't have it do real damage but RP wise t could definitely mess someone up. Minor Illusion can already be great by distracting individuals in game, to keep it balanced you can't give it much more concrete utility or you are going to have a spell that EVERYONE takes.

The last thing you want is a cantrip so good that people feel gimped if they don't take it.
>>
>>48076796
Honestly, it's already that good, people just aren't aware of that.
>>
One of my players wanted to dual wield greatswords so I refluffed the level 5 extra attack to "Allows you to wield a greatsword in your offhand and whenever you take the attack action you can make an extra attack with your off hand for free. You cannot attack with your off hand using a bonus action."
It works mechanically the same as if he were using just one greatsword but I wanted to see if there were any better suggestions here.
>>
Does the Complete Time of Spells homebrew that's included in the OP have any semblence of balance, or is it pretty much unusable?
>>
>>48076937
That seems fine to me.
>>
Hey is there a dread necromancer class for 5E, or at least an archtype for it.
>>
>>48077192
There is a regular necromancer. It's up to you to make yours dreadful
>>
>>48077192
When I imagine dread I think of the oath breaker paladin so there is that
>>
How should one go about being a dickass thief as a Rogue?

>inb4 don't
>>
>>48077407
Search all rooms before anyone else has a chance to so that you can pocket more than your share. Try to set up yourself as the negotiator of the party so that you can extort extra money. One suggestion though is that you don't directly steal from party members because it just leads to saltiness and problems later on.
>>
>>48077407
Have you tried stealing things.
>>
>>48076937
Just add a feat that lets him dual wield greatswords with a restriction that they don't function with GWM when dual-wielded.
He's strictly worse now than he was before because if he finds a magic greatsword, it can only benefit one of his attacks.
>>
>>48077243
>>48077368
I mean the 3.5 class, the one that gives lich like abilities through the class until level 20 where you become a lich. Sorry for not making that clear.
>>
>>48077494
>making a player pay a feat to be strictly worse
He said better suggestions, not utter dog shit.
>>
>>48077517
Well no, 3.5 classes are in 3.5 and 5e classes are in 5e.
>>
>>48077478
What are some good ways of doing that aren't "I walk into the store and rob it when the shopkeep isn't looking" because I can be a complete retard now and again.
>>
File: 1350417935528.png (61 KB, 356x1768) Image search: [Google]
1350417935528.png
61 KB, 356x1768
>>48077545
Walk into the store at night when nobody is looking.
Seriously though if you're being a thief in any kind of communal game you're basically setting yourself up to be shafted since you'll never get to do any "real" thieving without splitting the party and annoy everybody else, unless they're all also thieves.

Your best bet really is to just do petty shoplifting when nobody is looking or point out that trinkets, goods and furniture just keep mysteriously vanishing from rooms you were left alone in whenever the party visits a house.
>>
>DM makes the bard, new to our group, roll two or three times for a performance in a tavern
>won't allow Take 10
Why?
>>
>>48077517
There is no class like the dread necromancer in 5e sadly. I tried to homebrew one in the past but it just didn't have the same feel. Also a player becoming a lich only recently became possible by RAW so it sorta makes sense they would not of made one yet.
>>
>>48076264
>Need to scale a wall? Bam suction cups on feet and hands like and octopus.
Spider Climb.

>Need to jump off a cliff? Sugar glider time.
Feather Fall (later: Fly).

>Red hot coals? Super dense calloused feet to stroll across that shit.
Protection from Energy

>Trying to be stealthy? Morph your appearance to be a little taller, a little shorter, change your facial features, eye color, etc. Can even change sex, vocal chords, etc as a part of it.
Disguise Self and Alter Self.
>>
>>48077871
Wait player can become liches RAW? What book, or UA?
>>
File: 1409507751935.jpg (31 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1409507751935.jpg
31 KB, 400x505
>>48077526
Fuck you too.
>>
>>48077907
The only RAW way is accepting one of the dark gifts in the Amber Temple in Curse of Strahd, which requires you to know 9th-level spells.
>>
What's the paladin oath that vows to defend the realm?
>>
>>48073932
For your first one, you could always try the Bladesinger Wizard (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) and Battle Master Fighter for a multi-class.
>>
>>48077907
This: >>48077931

With that said, you can take the rules it gives and put them into any setting you are DMing.
>>
QUICK DESCRIBE YOUR CURRENT CHARACTER
>>
>>48075677
From the 1d4chan wiki entry on the game:

Added as the sample "create a race" to demonstrate the rules therefore in the DMG, the aasimar is built as a celestial counterpart to the tiefling; +1 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, Darkvision, resistance to necrotic and radiant damages, and the spell-like abilities Light (level 1), Lesser Restoration (1/day at level 3) and Daylight (1/day at level 5).
>>
File: eldrazimimic.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
eldrazimimic.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
A few threads ago, someone brought up Plane Shift: Zendikar and I mentioned I had a statblock for an Eldrazi Mimic I made, but lost track of. As per anon's request, I found it.

Be aware, it's a little rough around the edges and not perfectly balanced for the CR bracket I placed it in. There are also a few liberties I took that might not line up perfectly with the lore. (I interpreted it as a drone, not a full-Eldrazi despite the card type, and I'm pretty sure Kozilek's brood doesn't have a tuning fork for a face.)

---

Eldrazi Mimic
huge aberration (Eldrazi), unaligned

Armor Class 14 (Natural armor)
Hit Points 60
Speed 50 ft

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 4 (-3)
WIS 11 (0)
CHA 12 (+1)

Damage Immunities | Psychic
Condition Immunities | Blinded, charmed, defeaned, exhaustion, frightened
Senses | Blindsight 300 ft
passive perception 10
Challenge 2

ACTIONS

Multiattack. The Eldrazi Mimic makes two attacks with its claws.

Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to Hit, react 5ft, one creature. Hit: 2d6+3 Slashing damage

Tuning Frills. As an action, the Eldrazi Mimic can have its frills vibrate at a frequency damaging to nearby creatures. Any creatures within 300 feat that can hear the Eldrazi must make a constitution saving throw or take 3d4 thunder damage.

Imitation. As an action, the Eldrazi Mimic can assume the shape of another nearby eldrazi. For one minute, the Eldrazi Mimic assumes the Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of the eldrazi it imitates. It gains temporary HP equal to the Consitution score of the eldrazi it imitates.
>>
>>48074977
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>48070635
My current group won't stop interacting but it's a fucking text game so it takes forever and I wish they'd stop so a four hour session could include more than a trip to town and a fight against four middling enemies.
>>
>>48072737
Is the Pugilist PDF floating around anywhere?
>>
>>48078381
It's pay-what-you-want on DMs Guild.
>>
>>48074379
>The majority of Final Fantasy games are class based though
>1, 3, 5, 11, 14
>5 out of 15
>most
>>
>>48073485
Noctumancer? Just no. Should be nyctimancer.
>>
>>48078442
>make an account for this site and type in 0.00 and click through a big checkout process when I could get an Anon to drag it into his reply box for free
>>
>>48078491
You forgot 9 and 4. But I get what you're saying.
>>
>>48078537
By that logic, every single game is class-based because every character in them is clearly meant to embody the expectations of a Final Fantasy class, but doesn't "class-based" imply you can actually choose what class the characters are? Otherwise, every video game might as well be labelled as class-based.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.