[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: Alarielle.jpg (199 KB, 1003x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199 KB, 1003x1000
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

The foot of Alarielle edition

>I spoke to my local GWs manager, who said the campaign is going to begin on 25th July, along with the generals' handbook. There will be a LIVE map based system which will update as soon as an outcome has been submitted.(As opposed to being updated weekly) Sounded pretty exciting, but I hope the book will come a little sooner, so I will have time to shop and assemble before the campaign hits.

Next week is the army of Death, then sylvaneth and general's handbook.

>old thread
>>47692502
>>
>>47722563
So, the horned rat was malal in disguise all the time?
>>
>>47723950
The fuck why they focus so much on death they have tons of new op models.And Sylvaneth and Wood elves have few medium- weak models
>>
>>47724154
Yeee Naghash and the hand of fucking dust
>>
>>47724154
Probably because they trashed half their line when they squatted tomb kings and need to make up the difference.
>>
File: 1419828943783.gif (113 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419828943783.gif
113 KB, 500x500
>>47723950
4th for DeathRattle deathstar
>50 Skeletons w/spears
>Deathrattle horde
>Wight King
>Vampire
>Necromancer
>Tomb King
>Necrotect
>Liche Priest

Thats around 6 or 7 attacks per skeleton, re-rolling ones. And than pile in and do it again.

Name one thing that can beat the bone zone
>>
>>47723950

Post pics of Alarielle's cute feet
>>
>>47724239
>>47724154
I think they are going to bring back every faction (including tomb kings) in time.
I can imagine Settra returning as a God like Nagash and commanding the whole TK faction. I am not sure if they are going to be in the grand alliance: death, but prob not, I guess. I would really want to see them as a neutral/mercenary faction of some sorts.
>>
Has anyone read any of the AoS novels? What are your opinions on it?
>>
>>47724239
Lol they trwshed more than half line of Wood elves
>>
>>47724274
I want to get off Mr Bone's Wild Ride
>>
>>47724300
Yep.

Most them are good.
>>
>>47724293
Standing on the edge of optimism into delusion.

Most of the people in this thread are and I can't tell if it's actual ignorance or naivete.

Things never get better and it's always smarter to back away and make them prove they've changed rather than wait for them to.
>>
>>47724154
>The fuck why they focus so much on death

>The fuck why they focus so much on khorne
>The fuck why they focus so much on sigmarines
>>
>>47724274
Not sure but can you actually do that? You can only use one Command Ability, so Vampire Lord and Tomb King actually conflict. Or does the TK have some non-Command buff?

Also, anything that can snipe your Heroes, Wizards specifically, just like every other tactic.
Similarly, since you have no Rend whatsoever, you will struggle to kill shit like Dracothian Guard with their 3+ saves rerolling 1s. Also, the reanimation you've got going isn't anywhere near as good as it would be with say Zombies.

I'm not saying it's a bad tactic, in fact properly supported Deathrattle is very powerful, but everything has counters and no tactic is perfect. Also, a mounted Necromancer, mounted Vampire Lord and mounted Wight King w/ Banner combined with a bigass blob of Black Knights would be much, much scarier imo, as they're much faster and the Vampire Lord's Command would be much stronger on the dangerous lances.
>>
>>47724300
Read Gates of Azyr, found it boring af.

Not that this is the author's fault, but he had to work under the restriction of only using the people from the starter set, which really hurt the book.
I liked the idea of Vandus facing Khul and having a revenge match of sorts, really set the tone of the Stormcasts apart from Space Marines imo, but the rest of the book was pretty meh. Go figure, tie-in novel.
>>
>>47724537
>Standing on the edge of optimism into delusion
As someone, who stopped following GW a long time ago, and just came back recently, having a positive experience with WQ:ST - just curiosity, how will things change, with the new CEO. He must do some damage control to get things right.
>>
>>47724710
>focus so much on Khorne and Sigmarines

>what are Flesh-Eaters?
>What is Silver Tower?
>What are the Rotbringers?
>What are the Skaven?
>What are the Fyreslayers?
>What are the Ironjawz?

Can we let this fucking "Khorne vs. Sigmarites and friends" meme die already? Yes, they are the two starter set factions, but guess what, 7th Edition of 40k is very much not "Dark Angels vs. Crimson Slaughter and friends"
>>
>>47724823

stupid pig, people don't say AoS is focused on Sigmarines and Khornes because they happen to be the factions in the starter sets. How fuckin' out of touch are you?
>>
>>47724894
wow, insults instead of arguments and examples. You sure are a smart one.
>>
>>47724894
>because they happen to be the factions in the starter sets.

But that is WHY they were/are favored and focused upon you drooling retard
>>
File: 1454719418010.png (3 MB, 1538x887) Image search: [Google]
1454719418010.png
3 MB, 1538x887
>>47724962

I am a smart one because I know we went through literally dozens of *brand new* unique to AoS kits being some variation of Khorne bad dudes or sigmarines. What have we got from Forge world? a khorne Khorgorath? a KHORNE LORD on dragon in the works..........

Because the lion's share of publications by Black Library feature khorne vs sigmarines and even when they don't focus on khorne (like some of the ironjawz stuff) khorne bads show up anyway. Nevermind that nearly all feature Sigmarines as protaganists.

But you want to sit there like you know anything about AoS and pretend not to know all this, and even worse, compare the situation to Dark Angels and Crimson Slaughter (CS who btw have no unique models to their faction) who the story of 40k DO NOT revolve around.

laughable
>>
>>47725183
Not him but as a guy who read most of AoS lore, the focus on the Khornates only happened in the first months and then they were sidelined for rest of the AoS progression.

It's a lie to say that it's all "Sigmarines and Khornates".

For example, the Ironjawz releases had zero Khornates and mostly had Tzeentchian and Undead enemies, with the exception of the Knight of Vengeance short story series where the Bloodbound appeared in first few stories and then got replaced by the Ironjawz for the rest of the series.
>>
>>47725335
>It's a lie to say that it's all "Sigmarines and Khornates".

Nobody said that. Not even the guy who started this by saying 'why all the focus on khorne/sigmarines'
>>
>>47724823
>Can we let this fucking "Khorne vs. Sigmarites and friends" meme die already?
not until some more miniature releases for older factions come out.

Orcs, warhammer quest and now the feet elves are a good start.
>>
>>47725409
He meant it.

There hasn't been that much focus on Khornates in the fluff lately. I struggle to recall any focus any recent-ish novel or campaign book where the Bloodbound had a certain role in the past months.

For the most part Archaon, Nurgle, and Tzeentch has the main focus as the chaotic villains at the moment with the Skaven trailing behind.
>>
>>47725538
central role*
>>
Anyone scan the tiles for Silver Tower yet?
>>
>>47724711
I'd take skeletons over black knights; while the charge bonuses are good, they lack the attack stack you can give to skeles, along with the spear. Its critical you get that 2" range, that way you can attack with two whole rows of skeles. Once the black knights loose that charge bonus, Skeles really start to over take them. Plus, with the death rattle horde and Necrotect, you can push across the board, making up for the speed difference.

Another viable tactic is to boost the Graveguard, but once again, not enough attacks. Remember, with 30 skeletons and when in 18 inches, thats 4 attacks per skeleton, with out any outside help.

Now, toss in the wight King+vampire, and thats 6 attacks per skeleton. With a liche priest+Necrotect, both infantry, theyre re-rolling ones and causing ANOTHER attack on ones. Than pop the Necro and they pile in again. If only the first two rows are in range, your cranking 120 attacks. Double them with the necromancer, and thats 240 attacks, easily cracking through any save. Of course, thats if everything works out well.
>>
>>47724293
They brought back Ushoran and made the flesh eater courts, there's no reason not to bring back Settra and the the tomb kings. I'm hoping Settra comes back as his shiny golden God form, ready to kick the shit out of nagash in payback for humiliating him in front of his entire race
>>
File: 4r5IJxu.jpg (217 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
4r5IJxu.jpg
217 KB, 1080x1920
OK chumps, git ready to git gud

I hope beastmen are good, because that's what I'll be rolling.
>>
>>47727539
Battalions in the app, thats new right?
>>
sup /tg/, done a couple of games today at my local gw store, i won some points but the manager was too busy with a flock of new clients and i had to leave before i could ask: what do we do with the points earned in the pre-capaign?
Any of you got a chance to ask?
>>
Anyone else annoyed that gw had is hyped up just to tell us to wait another month?

I mean goddamn would it hurt that much to release the generals handbook after all that
>>
>>47727945
apparentely it will come out with the campaign launch. Well, I hope so at least.

the campaign -kinda-began. if you fight now and ask the staff you will get battle credits to spend during the campaign.
>>
>>47728045
ooh thats kind of cool. Can you give me more info about how battle credits work?
>>
>>47728219
no idea actually...im that >>47727758
anon.
Store manager was super busy and couldn't tell me more, just that they will be of use on the upcoming campaign. i guess they will be used to decide your starter army size or maybe some bonuses? Im gonna ask next time i go there.
>>
>>47727945
I don't mind, means I can actually make sure all my shit's painted.
>>
Anyone here play any Dwarf Fyreslayers?
Think they look pretty cool and I like the fluff, but how do they play on the table?
>>
>>47724710
> Fuck why they focus on all those things I don't play, they should focus more on what I play
>>
>>47728342
Solid.
they are pretty hard to kill(they have a second save wich can save even mortal wounds-6+ base but can be buffed up to 4+ easily).
they also can hit pretty hard, the heartguard besrerkers beign able to shit a lot of mortal wounds and the grimwrath beserker beign able to attack twice.
Magmadroth is also not bad.
>>
File: 1465664822451.png (95 KB, 244x172) Image search: [Google]
1465664822451.png
95 KB, 244x172
>>47725183
>>
>>47728342
They have a few pretty powerful units and combos, but they also suffer from some weird issues.
>Good Stuff
- Grimwrath Berzerker and Hearthguard Berzerkers are pretty deadly and will probably make a sizeable dent into anything they connect with.
- Runefathers and -sons on Magmadroth bring much-needed speed and are reasonably tanky and punchy
- Runesmiter on foot lets you teleport a unit in the back of the enemy's formation to threaten them from multiple angles.
- Lots of 'save-after-the-save' shenanigans.

>Bad Stuff
- Shit Movement stats across the board baring the Magmadroth. Prepare for a long slog though the enemy bullets.
- 1-wound infantry despite being fairly chunky models.
- Vulkite Berzerkers are ridiculously pillow-fisted.
- Auric Hearthguard are very mediocre ranged troops.
- Lots of semi-useless support characters.
>>
File: Skpurdo.jpg (147 KB, 902x648) Image search: [Google]
Skpurdo.jpg
147 KB, 902x648
>>47727539
>Serving the Everchosen...

DELETE THIS
>>
>>47728986
>Good Stuff
>Hearthguard Berzerkers
>Bad Stuff
>Auric Hearthguard

that's not even shit taste, sempai, that's just objectively wrong.
Auric Hearthguard may only have 15" range, but are incredibly powerful. 2 shots per wound, having Rend no less, can fire on the move with zero penalties, have a third (weaker) shot at 8" or less, get bonuses for shooting monsters and thanks to their pikes are actually not helpless in melee, so they're basically more mobile, more fragile and more damaging Irondrakes. You know, the guys who are tentatively called the most dangerous ranged infantry in the game?
Hearthguard Berzerkers have only 1 attack each, so their maximum damage output is the exact same as Vulkite Berzerkers, less even because they can't take sling-shields. The only value HBs bring to the table is the ability to cause mortal wounds in melee and even then, it won't be that many mortal wounds. What they can do better than VBs is to bodyguard important stuff. They get an instant 4+ save-after-the-save just for hugging a Hero, like a Battlesmith who makes them even tougher.

>lots of semi-useless support characters
Auric Runemaster and...? Smiter is amazing as you said, Battlesmith is great as he buffs your army even when he's killed, Runefather is a combat monster with a Command, Runeson is a wannabe combat monster with a Command, Grimwrath is a beatstick who doesn't even aspire to be a buffer. Only useless one is the Runemaster who helps your opponent more than you.
>>
File: AoS Meta.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
AoS Meta.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47724274
I see your bone zone and go SSS-tier meta list
>>
>>47724274
10 Liberators with shields and 2 grand weapons
2 Lords-Castellant
Oh, hey, 2+ saves, rerolling ones on multiwound models. That horde is going nowhere fast for a fraction of the forces you had to commit.

Or just take a Lightning Echolon. Going by wounds that gives me ten Fulminators and five Tempestors.
Your horde is now at -2 to hit against five wound models with a 3+ or 2+, rerolling ones, assuming they havent been wiped out in one go.
And I'm pretty sure Bloodreavers and Temple Guard can also do many silly things by stacking modifiers and attack boni.
>>
>>47730203
only one grandaxe, against that many cramped models, can deliver so many hits to shatter the horde in pieces.
I love grandaxes.
>>
>>47727945
Wait General's handbook isn't out?
>>
>>47730293
its probably going to be out when the campaign begins or shortly before.
>>
>>47730310
I could have sworn I saw an official poster with the 11th on it. Must be goin senile
>>
>>47730280
Liberators can't take them, sadly enough, and Prosecutors have no business fighting hordes. Also, the range is kinda shit.
Now, thunderaxes on the other hand...
>>
>>47727945
Or at least leak the points system
>>
>>47730203
Don't forget to take a relictor to moral wound and debuff their hit and top up your heroes if they get hurt.
>>
>>47727639
No, they have always been there, but they are behind a paywall.
>>
>>47730504
That was for the supposed campaign, wich turned on to be for the pre-campaign.
>>47730505
Are you kidding? a grandaxe gets +1 attack for every model in range. 2" range, count from model because otherwise prosecutors cant even stay in formation=at least 10-20 attacks against big mobs. Sum that to the 12 attacks of shooting from hammers and at least 6 more attacks on the charge. A small unit of fucking 6 prosecutors can rend at least half of that blob away, and most of it will flee from battleshock.
With just a single-small units you can basically fuck an entire "waac" combo. Also, if you manage to vexillor/lighting strike an unit of retributors to snipe away the corpse cart the skellies really begin to wither away.
>>
>>47731076
True, except the range is 1", which makes it a lot less interesting. Still decent, mind you.
>>
How are on foot characters in this game? Like the ones with 5 wounds or so. Since there is no such thing as joining into units, can they survive at all?
>>
>>47730203
Of course, thats assuming your units will survive a full round of 200+ attacks. Even with a 2+ save, SOME of them are gonna fail and die. Than, add in the DeathRattle horde for rerolling ones, along with the Black Knight/Wight King/Grave Guard Enterouge, they'll have enough Oomph to break through your line. It doesn't matter how hard it us for my guys to hit, considering how many attacks im laying down. Of course, this is also discounting the Vampire and Wight's own attacks as well.
>>
>>47731649
oh, my bad then!
>>47731649
pretty good, but they have a different role from whfb, where they acted as elite hitters.
now heroes serve the purpose of buffing to the extreme your units.
they can be easily sniped so you need to move them carefully around the board-you can also make them "join"other units by putting them into/behind other unit's formations, to shield them from los or from nasty charges.
>>
>Next week is the army of Death, then sylvaneth and general's handbook.
What army of death? Huh? New models or something?
>>
>>47727945
Can someone fill a clueless fa/tg/uy out?
>>
>>47731698
Depends, Changling gets to blend in til a hero gets close or you attack, and stacks with screamers ability (to hit rolls of 6=1)
>>
>>47731765
Pitty my two chaos familars are blocking your charge
>>
File: face 1453933516016.jpg (56 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
face 1453933516016.jpg
56 KB, 750x501
>>47729504
>square bases
>>
>>47731765
200 attacks, even if they autohit and autowound and assuming you somehow manage to cram them all into range, do a grand total of 5.56 against a 2+rerollable, which would kill between 2 and 3 Liberators. Amazing. And that is ignoring the fact that each each save of 5+ will restore a wound, restoring somewhere around 64 wounds on average, reducing the damage taken to zero.
The heroes with higher Rend and Damage weaponry are the only real problem, really.
>>
>>47726233
Since you managed to snag a Necrotect, there's no reason why you shouldn't add a Screaming Skull Catapult to your arsenal. You get two shots, and with each shot lowering the bravery of a unit by 2, it means you'll be getting a lot of units lost to battleshock once those skellies finish their attacks, especially if you're fighting low bravery units like goblins or skaven.

The crew even have the deathrattle keyword instead of mummy just in case you want to be a stickler and go with pure skeletons for your entire army.
>>
>>47732010
Probably a proper Battletome release. We only have pretty boy Ushoran and his court's Battletome right now.
>>
>>47732516
Wazzat mean?
More batallions? Changed rules?
>>
>>47732403
This.

I think it's a mistake to focus on skellies as killing units. They're ideal for tying the enemy up since they can revive models each turn and Necromancers can summon them easy peasy, but no rend and average hit/wound stats mean they'll really have trouble making dents in things.

For death if you really want to wreck shit you need to go with the vampire side of things. Vargheists, Vargwulfs, and if you're rich and don't mind burning money, Blood Knights.
>>
>>47732528
More batallions, scenarios, fluff, that sort of thing
>>
File: whodat.jpg (38 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
whodat.jpg
38 KB, 600x620
>>47723950
What the fuck is the name of the model on the lower right? I forgot what it is but I know its from Warhammer.
>>
>>47732725
the khorne blood skull blooderator
>>
>>47732725
khorgorath if I remember correctly.
probably the worse model from the starter set, it sucks so hard GW never released a box for it.
Its just a bad replica of a dreadnought/helbrute. Heck, even the pose is almost the same.
>>
>>47732725
That's a Khorgorath from the AoS two player box.
>>
File: neato.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
neato.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>47732754
>>47732773
>>47732778
Thanks, I saw this 40k conversion and was trying to find the source model.
>>
>>47732831
It has even shi stats in Aos.
Only use of it is for conversion, either as a demon prince or an helbrute. it doesn't even has a fucking head so its sooo easy to convert one.
>>
>>47732856
>>47732773
Funny thing is that they can easily just make it better. I mean it's not like they need to release a new book or anything.
>>
>>47732981
Probably the feedback on it has been so negative even GW decided to drop it
and for good reason, it...it just looks bad. Sculpt is okay but the design is confusing, oversaturated with useless things and details, it lacks "balance", the head is ridicolous, it looks like a shooty model when he actually doesn't have any shooting weapon, its static in the bad way, and overall just looks stupid and not intimidating or anything.
its just bad.
Hope to never see a box of it.
>>
>>47728289
Apparently a lot of the managers didn't even know the details of this thing. The details were hidden in a document in an attatchment, beneath eight other documents.
>>
>>47730310
My manager has said that the handbook comes out the same day as the campaign.
>>
>>47733092
>The details were hidden in a document in an attatchment, beneath eight other documents.
holy shit, that's so retarded.
they even held a kind of reunion with all the manager, they could have told them about it then
As usual, GW polices makes no fucking sense.
gw manager in my area tho knew about it so i managed to do a couple of games and get battle credits for it
>>
>>47732069
There were rumors that the campaign would start today. Turns out it starts July 14th and the general's compendium comes out the same day.
>>
>>47733125
It was hinted at the manager's conference. This is also the company that put out a paint called Averland Tsunset, and recently a paint called Spritstone Red.
>>
>>47733297
>Spritstone Red
you sure? I saw the right name with no typo...
>>47733297
>Tsunset
really' if so, its so hilariously bad its almost amazing
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 1600x1200
>>47733394
>>
>>47733431
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH SHIIIIIIITT
10/10, laughing my ass off
>>
>>47732725
>we got this model instead of the kadaai destroyer
>>
Tomb Kings relaunch when
>>
what's up /tg/? I put in an order for more savage orcs, a shaman, and the big box of 3 forests today. I don't think I've ever been more in on warhammer than I am right now. Can't wait for my bases to show up so I can start working on the basing and possibly a scenic board.

Does anyone have that picture that breaks down what different colors mean in orc culture? I'm thinking about Purple with bits of gold for my armored boys.
>>
>>47734004
orcs don't have those distinctions

orKs (40k) use red for speed, blue for luck, yellow for money, white for death and black for badass
>>
File: laughing snake.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
laughing snake.gif
1 MB, 800x533
>>47727539
>fighting for Sigmar
>>
>>47733903
Mantic Empire of Dust
>>
>>47734090
Close yellow is wealth or more dakka, black is for dead 'ard, and purple is sneaky
>>
>>47734270
More Dakka is a type of wealth, some might say the best type.
>>
>>47734270
>yellow is wealth
no, technically speaking yellow is teef
teef are orkish currency

>purple is sneaky
no, that's just a forced /tg/ maymay
>>
>>47734507
Have you ever seen a purple ork?
>>
>>47734627
Yes you posted it again, congratulations.

Kommandos use stolen camouflage patterns, but without understanding how camouflage actually works. So they'll be wearing neon orange/blue tigerstripes on a forested world thinking they're being stealthy. Or using the arctic camouflage they looted from some Valhallans two campaigns ago on some volcanic planet.

The in-universe stance of "what are you talking about orks wouldn't do that" is from commanders denying the possibility that orks could use any kind of subtlety in their tactics.

In any case, Warhammer Orcs have never used colors in the way 40k Orks do. Black Orcs aside, they've no set meaning to their color schemes.
>>
>>47734627
if you could see them then they wouldn't be sneaky gits
>>
>>47734763
What next are you going to say that Orkimedes doesn't exist? First you smegmars shit on fantasy now on 40k does your perversion know no bounds?
>>
>>47734969
unlike le purple orks, orkimedes actually has fluff
>>
File: 1454222217416.png (272 KB, 345x368) Image search: [Google]
1454222217416.png
272 KB, 345x368
>>47734996
>le
>>
Anyone here use any 40k models in their games? Was thinking of using a large section of Tyranid hormagaunts/warriors and other critters as flesh eater court forces.
>>
>>47736030
I dont bc I prefer warhammer aos models to 40k ones, though I'm not completely against the idea if its done well
>>
Haha, I haven't read anything about Warhammer since 2014, did they REALLY reboot Warhammer Fantasy completely?

And people kept jerking off about how Warhammer Fantasy was the superior setting and full of deep historical lore too!
>>
>>47736814
It's not the setting that needed the boot. The setting was great. It's the stupid rules and lack of model updates that killed the game.
>>
>>47736814
WHFB was just too complicated and expensive to get into, there was nothing wrong with the old world but I guess they just wanted a clean slate.
>>
>>47736814
I think part of it was that they wanted a stronger IP that'd be easier to protect after their legal loss against Chapterhouse. Thus no more generic fantasy knights/elves/orks, etc. and stupid names like Astra Militarium replacing Imperial Guard, etc.
>>
>>47737152
>the Imperial Guard is now the Astra Militarium

Oh my fucking god, what hilarious other things have GW done?
>>
File: 6737766.jpg (36 KB, 248x400) Image search: [Google]
6737766.jpg
36 KB, 248x400
>>47725538
Just gonna put this out there; how about some stories about regular, everyday non-superpowered people fighting regular, everyday threats like bandits, goblins, and the minor undead.

...naw, we're just going to get the unending hordes of Nurgle, Khorne, and Nagash VS the Sigmarines or Orruks, aren't we?

Same shit, different book.
>>
File: 1399568125177.png (661 KB, 1524x1549) Image search: [Google]
1399568125177.png
661 KB, 1524x1549
>>47724281

Probably not going to happen unless a drawfag does it
>>
File: 2015-10-14_00003.jpg (292 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-14_00003.jpg
292 KB, 1600x900
>>47732392
>Using round bases

Hope you enjoy your miniatures looking like disorganized shit on your shelf.
>>
>>47733045
>oversaturated with useless things and details
That didn't stop the new Archaon from selling though.
Or the Mortarchs.

GW just has this huge boner for skull skin and way too many fiddly parts anymore.
>>
File: 1422240546694.jpg (106 KB, 888x1054) Image search: [Google]
1422240546694.jpg
106 KB, 888x1054
>>47733431
Okay, WHAT are these?

I've been trying to figure it out. At first I was excited, easy gems in the primary colors and maybe I could mix them and make things that aren't just red/green/blue like carnelian gems or amethyst or what have you.

But then I watch the tutorial video, and its just a wash! Its not even shiny, you have to undercoat in a metallic paint.

So what exactly are they? Just Thraka Green and whatever the fuck red and blue ink are called these days repackaged and sold to idiots like its a new product?
>>
>>47737175
Don't even ask, man.
Just whatever the biggest dumbass shit you can imagine, they've done.
Leave it at that.

They even released Digganobz as Wulfen.
>>
I saw that they have crazy modular Chaos build-a-forts... how compatible would the rules be with a fort for a different group if I went to the effort of making the parts?
>>
>>47737502
Their consistency is more like Blood for the Blood God or Nurgles's Rot so yeah, they're basically washes, but very thick washes that don't run all over but stay (mostly) where you painted them. They're also not quite as dark as washes are, but not quite as bright as Glazes either. Basically, they ARE new paints, but their consistency and coloring isn't anything completely new like Typhus Corrosion was when it came out.
>>
File: 1391150657142.jpg (159 KB, 540x1576) Image search: [Google]
1391150657142.jpg
159 KB, 540x1576
>>47737642
Its Age of Sigmar, there are no faction limitations.

You want a Chaos fort for your Sigmarites? Go for it, get a Keeper of Secrets too while you're at since it combos well with your Witch Hunter. Throw in some Dryads and a not-Slayer unit too.

That being said, the only way to get the rules is to buy one so you can't exactly walk into a Games Workshop with some cardboard walls under your arm and play it as one.
>>
>>47737642
Most of these don't affect Chaos in particular, but their rules are mostly "units inside/on top gain bonuses while units outside take damage".
In fact, considering that Chaos has very little that can stand on top and shoot you dead, Slaves to Darkness are actually the WORST army you can put up there. Now some Dorf War Machines and shooty infantry on the other hand...
>>
>>47737653
How do they mix? Are you basically just stuck with that exact shade?
>>
How hard are Magmadroth riders to convert. I like the idea of Fyreslayers, but I have some older dorfs and generally prefer my dorfs to wear pants.
>>
>>47737426
Because if you want anything approaching relatable you should have been around before the end times.
>>
File: IMG_4936.jpg (727 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4936.jpg
727 KB, 1195x1600
>>47737745
Not my fault they released the video game afterwards.

How the hell was I supposed to even know Warhammer Fantasy existed? I thought Warhammer was just the stupid space marine meme that gets posted everywhere and just figured it was 1980's Gears of War.

I didn't know anything about it was actually good or interesting.
>>
>>47724154

I don't feel like they've focused on Death too much. Flesh-eater Courts was the only real new release for them outside of some reboxing and Start Collecting boxes off the top of my head. Technically Flesh-eater Courts didn't even get anything new other than a battletome. The kits were all reboxed and GW just gave rules to models you could already create.

>>47724293

I could possibly see Settra coming back, but I doubt as a god.
>>
File: mashups1.jpg (69 KB, 853x711) Image search: [Google]
mashups1.jpg
69 KB, 853x711
>>47737868
Flesh-Eater gave you the ability to mix and match parts from what was originally a dual-build kit to make a really shitty looking third build with stats.

Which to me is -1 new thing due to the insult. So together with Tomb Kings, Death has been shit on the most in AoS.
>>
>>47737843
I wonder how many people are playing total war and trying to get into the hobby only to discover...this.

Well if you want to play what the game was, it may well still be alive in your area. Plenty of people make !not warhammer minis and there are 2 popular and many semi-popular rulesets that serve it's purpose.

The fantasy general can point you in the right direction.
>>
>>47737907
Based on the Fantasy general, a lot of people. Most of them seem to be discovering there's neither a Fantasy or Age group in their community or that everyone switched to other games.
>>
>>47737935
Really is a shame.
Man this whole thing is just a mess. I don't understand it at all.
>>
>>47737892
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The lore for the Flesh-Eaters is brand new and generally regarded as the best lore that has been written for AoS.
The idea of giving the army something new (Courtiers, Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon, Crypt Flayers) without actually making new boxes for them may not appeal to you personally but is actually an ingenious business move and some people like the idea (sure know I do, gives me hopes that one day I'll have rules for Vampire Lords on Terrorgheists and other variant builds)
>>
>>47737979
We're talking about actually getting new shit, not just a handful of fluff boxes and some art.
>The lore for the Flesh-Eaters is brand new and generally regarded as the best lore that has been written for AoS.
Coming from someone who actually pays for and plays the game, that's not anything to be remotely proud of.

Its like saying "it was the best one of the Star Wars prequels".

I mean, Skaven and Lizardmen just got a reboxing with the round bases and nothing else. But Death got an entire faction removed after duping a lot of us into buying into both factions in End Times thanks to Undead Legion, AND get a slap in the face with being told to just mix and match parts and pretend to like it.

Fuck, man. Death is getting the Tyranids treatment.
>>
File: 8XpnsZT_zps6ebf9417.jpg (227 KB, 946x1024) Image search: [Google]
8XpnsZT_zps6ebf9417.jpg
227 KB, 946x1024
>>47737974
Anon...everything from the 80's is being redone these days, made all flashy with absolutely nothing that originally made people like it by people who just use a formula.

Age of Sigmar is the Ghostbusters reboot of tabletop gaming.
>>
File: Swigmar (closeup).png (478 KB, 394x476) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar (closeup).png
478 KB, 394x476
>>47734169
Finally, the lizards are going to pay the freaking RENT!
>>
File: brisby.png (445 KB, 507x601) Image search: [Google]
brisby.png
445 KB, 507x601
>>47738029
What the fuck is wrong with that art? Its like a really bad album cover!

He's got fucking googly eyes! He looks like he's asking Nagash "are u a wizard".
>>
File: 1465723078477.png (559 KB, 394x1022) Image search: [Google]
1465723078477.png
559 KB, 394x1022
>>47738045
>>
>>47738029
Oh my god! Did I turn off the oven?!
>>
>>47737907
You say that, but it's been a lot easier for me to convince friends to get into AoS because it's much cheaper and less complicated than 8E was. I personally find it fun but eh. The only thing that's stupid is they completely killed the old world.
>>
>>47738098
Kinda this. Also, if planned ahead, the armies can be dual purposed.
>>
>>47738098
This.

There was no reason for GW to shit the bed like they did.

I brought it up in Fantasy general recently, but the wargame Kensei is a good comparison. Kensei is a wargame, basically not-Japan in a slightly more grounded setting with optional fantasy bits. Kensei takes about 40-80 models in an average game. Its pretty close to Warhammer.

But Torii is the skirmish game. Torii takes the same models, with slightly different rules. Its about 5-20 models.

THAT is what Age of Sigmar should have been. An option ruleset.
Age of Sigmar starter set bundles, basically just twenty models from the faction, one for each faction. Comes with the rulebook.

Warhammer Fantasy starter set bundles just remain the Battalions, although with a different distribution so they actually end up being a 1000 point army you can play straight out of the box, and also come with the rulebook.

Boom. That fixes all of their problems, with none of the Konami-like backlash from the community.

There wasn't even any reason to destroy the old setting anyway. They could have put the 8e rulebook available as a pdf download on their main site and said "Age of Sigmar is one universe, but there are others out there just like the old one". Then there'd be no burthutt Fantasyfags swearing off all Games Workshop products forever.

Its so frustratingly obvious all the ways they could have prevented or salvaged the clusterfuck they caused. They fucked up in every way.
>>
>>47737426
They said they are gonna get to that when they reboot the free people. There are communities of humans and dwarves and elves that have been there for millennia and are just random regular dudes, we just don't have the fluff for it yet.
>>
>>47738158
100% agree senpai. I hope that the new CEO is actually going to do better stuff than the shit Kirby pulled, but who knows.
>>
>>47737998
Oldhammer fag here, the new ghoul fluff is way better then the old fluff.
>>
File: P31964gf57.jpg (246 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
P31964gf57.jpg
246 KB, 1280x960
>>47738098
Well that's because 8e was half the shit in the bed.

And honestly I agree, AoS isn't a horrible game, I think it's below average, I'd rather play 3e or 6e but it's not AWFUL.

The real shame is the lore. It's disgusting.
>>
>>47738098
>The only thing that's stupid is they completely killed the old world.
This, introducing the new stuff along the old would have been difficult but possible, they decided to shit on the bed instead.
>>
>>47738314
Yeah I play 6E a lot, but it's been easier to get my friends playing sigmar, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. If the 9th Age had taken 6E as the base, I might have played it but 8E was the worst. I'm looking forward to the Generals handbook.
>>
>>47738447
Difficult? Nah. Controversy-laden? Yes.

For example. They could have told the entire End Times story but without calling it End Times. Then, at some point, when all hope seems lost for the forces of Order, the Stormcast Eternals strike down from the sky, fight back the forces of Chaos and bring the entire clusterfuck back to a nice, unstable equilibrium.

That way, the Stormcasts could have fulfilled the role the Lizardmen were shunted off to, being basically Daemons of Order who appear when the situation is at its most dire.

There, you now have introduced the Stormcasts, given a reason for skirmish level wargaming (thanks to all the wars the factions and alliances have been splintered and small cohorts/warbands are fighting each other for the scraps) while still keeping the Battalion style wargaming for those who like that better and you successfully advanced the story without trashing the entire setting. And if done correctly, you could still have Sylvaneth and Black Orcs split off as seperate factions and given the Flesh-Eaters new lore.
>>
>>47738045
>He's got fucking googly eyes

No he doesn't, what are you on about?
>>
File: Archaon (closeup).png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (closeup).png
1 MB, 640x732
>>47738447
No.

The old world had to die. Fuck that place. After 30 years of mismangament, it was a convulted mess. With its destruction something better has risen from the ashes.

A new brave setting full of potential and high adeventure. A setting of endless potiential and imagination.

This setting offers redemption for me and you, all of us, Embrace it, fool, embrace it!
>>
File: 056.jpg (49 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
49 KB, 600x436
>>47738571
>implying there is even a single thing that couldn't have been introduced in the old world
the only convulted management there was archaon, your waifus are shit, carnac, shiiit!
>>
>>47738314
Yeah the lore sounds pretty goddamn hamfisted, but I like the unit setup and the troop handling much better in fantasy40k. Fuck shoving around blocks of 30+ models...
>>
>>47732010

I wouldn't be surprised if army of Death is simply somebody's army, they've done stuff like that before.

>>47732773

GW simply hasn't gotten around to releasing it, probably because of all the other Bloodbound stuff they released.

It's sort of reminiscent of 40k where they drug their ass with releasing a proper Helbrute kit and arguably still haven't released a proper Cultist/Plague Zombie kit.
>>
File: 1420181092370.jpg (236 KB, 691x625) Image search: [Google]
1420181092370.jpg
236 KB, 691x625
>>47738571
>what's the problem with the old world according to people who like the new setting/"aesthetic"
>too complex
>>
>>47739161
You mean inconsistent and restrictive at the same time.

For example, characters in it had zero character development and in the rare events where get a tiny amount of character development GW/BL ignores it and writes something else. This is why I often say WHFB has no characters. Just pretty images.
>>
File: 1447542706077.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447542706077.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>47739310
I don't think you've actually read any of the books because there are plenty of developed characters or understand the point of the setting as it's meant to be the background of a tabletop game of Your Dudes, not a soap opera, or seem to realize that AoS is quite a bit worse in that regard, in that's it's list of characters is "I mean there's that one sigmarine who has a dead wife he wants back".

If you think it's a restrictive setting you're just a bit silly.
>>
>>47739357
False.

The setting is suppose to have an overarching story and have main characters to form the pillar of the setting (Nagash, Karl, Sigmar, Malekith, etc).

>I don't think you've actually read any of the books because there are plenty of developed characters

No, there isn't. Don't lie to me, anon, You are better than that. A few small paragraph in army books doesn't count as anything. They boil down to "This character is really smart and strong derp". And whatever characterization given to them by the novels is discarded and ignored in the next novel or the next army book.

WHFB characters were hallow shells basically with each author doing as they please with the character. Absolutely zero character consistency.

>I don't think you've actually read any of the books because there are plenty of developed characters or understand the point of the setting as it's meant to be the background of a tabletop game of Your Dudes

Wow look at that double think here.

>AoS is quite a bit worse in that regard

You mean better.

AoS has a consistent story with character that are getting developed as the setting progresses. The characters are compelling and interesting due to the fact that they are INDEED characters, not hallow shells.

And to add to that the setting offers more "YOUR DUDE" potential than WHFB ever did.
>>
>>47731698
You need to use line of sight to avoid as much damage as possible. Surround them with infantry so your enemy cant shoot at the hero.

The good thing about being big targets is that it makes them a great choice for defensive buffs like mystic shield
>>
>>47724274
However much that cost you in $$$, I send however many Necrosphinxes I can buy for that
>>
File: Realm_Of_Derp.jpg (824 KB, 1540x2000) Image search: [Google]
Realm_Of_Derp.jpg
824 KB, 1540x2000
>>47739472
>The setting is suppose to have an overarching story and have main characters to form the pillar of the setting (Nagash, Karl, Sigmar, Malekith, etc).

"no"

No it's not. It's not a soap opera. It's supposed to be a background for plastic miniatures to fight in and microcosmic stories of the players own making or in a single novel to occur in.

>A few small paragraph in army books doesn't count as anything. They boil down to "This character is really smart and strong derp"

Thanquol, Gotrek and Felix, Vlad, Helborg, Pre-retardation Nagash and scores of characters existing in a single novel are all plenty fine and decently developed. Maybe not being literal gods makes it difficult for you to pay attention, but I can assure you, they are as developed as average novel characters are with decent consistency.

>Wow look at that double think here.

This is pointing out that your argument would be retarded even if it were true.
Wargame settings are not a character driven medium, but warhammer fantasy has plenty anyway.

>The characters are compelling and interesting due to the fact that they are INDEED characters, not hallow shells.
>And to add to that the setting offers more "YOUR DUDE" potential than WHFB ever did.

Yes, My stormstormhammers of sigmar are distinct and far different to my friends hammerhammerstorms. Their mighty god he-man heldenhammer is interesting and compelling beyond being "the good guy in this anime". Certainly.

Age of sigmar's failing is that like you the creators were totally fucking brain dead and thought it was about the overarching plot of giant mega beings clashing among the heavens when a wargame is supposed to be about my lot of guys led my captain who lost an eye against my friend Bradly's Orc boss, defending a small town from their aforementioned greenskin Nemesis. There is no scale or humanity or reasonably to any of the motivations that occur in AoS.

Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>47727945
July 2nd it'll be up for pre-orders. It'll release 2 weeks later (for what reason I have no fucking idea, much like GW). However, GW stores will have open copies.
>>
>>47739713
>No it's not. It's not a soap opera. It's supposed to be a background for plastic miniatures to fight in and microcosmic stories of the players own making or in a single novel to occur in.

You play characters in the setting's story. It is a soap opera a Chaos vs Man/Order one. You get to play a part of it with your dudes.

>Thanquol, Gotrek and Felix, Vlad, Helborg, Pre-retardation Nagash and scores of characters existing in a single novel are all plenty fine and decently developed. Maybe not being literal gods makes it difficult for you to pay attention, but I can assure you, they are as developed as average novel characters are with decent consistency.

No, they are not. You disingenuous fucking bastard. These characters suffered the most and from the novels that were ignored the most in the army books.

For example, Arkan, and Nagash characterization in the novels were ignored and changed in the army books. They kept doing it. Vomiting forth novels that had no barring on the setting canon. Arkan's past and his supposed love for Nef never factored in the army book narrative. 90% Khermi lore in the novels was discarded and contradicted.

There more characters who suffered from inconsistent writing like Archaon and Malekith whose personalities and drives change from one book to the next.

Don't pretend you went into WHFB in depth. You a are novice who just liked to see the pretty pictures. Get out, pleb.

>This is pointing out that your argument would be retarded even if it were true.

No, you just highlighted your retarded double think. Trying to pitifully cover both ends of your sorry point.

>Wargame settings are not a character driven medium, but warhammer fantasy has plenty anyway.

Irrelevant.

The warhammer setting was always character driven and will always will be.
>>
>>47739782
Yes, My stormstormhammers of sigmar are distinct and far different to my friends hammerhammerstorms. Their mighty god he-man heldenhammer is interesting and compelling beyond being "the good guy in this anime". Certainly.

Yes, they are. You would have known that if you read the novels and the fluff. They are actually developed characters who remain consistent from one book to the next

But I don't expect you to know this because you didn't even read the lore of WHFB itself. so stop pretending to versed in anything you pleb. Your ignorant opinion is worth less than dirt.

>Age of sigmar's failing is that like you the creators were totally fucking brain dead and thought it was about the overarching plot of giant mega beings clashing among the heavens when a wargame is supposed to be about my lot of guys led my captain who lost an eye against my friend Bradly's Orc boss, defending a small town from their aforementioned greenskin Nemesis. There is no scale or humanity or reasonably to any of the motivations that occur in AoS.

And you can have that easily in AoS. No point at all. Just plebing for the sake of plebing. Misinformed and ignorant.
>>
File: thenotanargumentman.jpg (9 KB, 220x224) Image search: [Google]
thenotanargumentman.jpg
9 KB, 220x224
>>47739782
>>47739807
>You play characters in the setting's story. It is a soap opera a Chaos vs Man/Order one. You get to play a part of it with your dudes.
Yes. Your Own. You read a little bit of fluff in the corner of the page about Clan Skurvey then make a pirate skaven army and come up with the lore yourself, you don't go "oh I found a character I like, I guess I can make a model for him now"
>I FOUND EXAMPLES OF RETCONNING IN A 30 YEAR OLD SETTING WRITTEN BY 100S OF AUTHORS THEREFORE THE GOOD CHARACTERS DON'T EXIST REEEEEEE
>rest of the post
Contradiction and "There is evidence to prove you wrong that you clearly just don't know about, no I will not point it out" are not arguments

I hope you're doing okay anon. It must be a struggle, but I believe everyone can find happiness regardless of any disabilities they may have to fight through, mental of physical. Stay Strong.
>>
>>47739894
>Yes. Your Own. You read a little bit of fluff in the corner of the page about Clan Skurvey then make a pirate skaven army and come up with the lore yourself, you don't go "oh I found a character I like, I guess I can make a model for him now"

Your own little story within the bigger story of the setting. Like I said. Nothing you said here even goes against what I said.

>>I FOUND EXAMPLES OF RETCONNING IN A 30 YEAR OLD SETTING WRITTEN BY 100S OF AUTHORS THEREFORE THE GOOD CHARACTERS DON'T EXIST REEEEEEE

You mean a dozens upon dozens versions of the same characters popping up in a short span. If they happen in the span of decades, then it would be excusable. These things were happening in within the 5 years, 1 year, and even in the SAME TIME BY THE SAME AUTHHORS (see Nagash rises stories and the End Times novels).

>Contradiction and "There is evidence to prove you wrong that you clearly just don't know about, no I will not point it out" are not arguments

I think you got confused, little pleb. You put forth characters in WHFB that according to you were developed. I tore them apart and gave examples who their characterization is wish-washy and there is nothing concrete about them. You vomited names and I actually explained the problem with each one. You on the other hand just threw insults and proved yourself lacking any knowledge about the characters you are talking about.

You failed to point out how WHFB are written consistently in any fashion and made a poor swipe at AoS characters. Try again.

>I hope you're doing okay anon. It must be a struggle, but I believe everyone can find happiness regardless of any disabilities they may have to fight through, mental of physical. Stay Strong.

Not an argument.
>>
are there like starter packs or what should I buy first if I want to start with AoS ?
>>
>>47740031
>Your own little story within the bigger story of the setting. Like I said. Nothing you said here even goes against what I said.
Your point was that the bigger story matters. It doesn't. The bigger story is at best background noise to the actual stories, that being the player's and microcosmic novels.
>You mean a dozens upon dozens versions of the same characters popping up in a short span. If they happen in the span of decades, then it would be excusable. These things were happening in within the 5 years, 1 year, and even in the SAME TIME BY THE SAME AUTHHORS (see Nagash rises stories and the End Times novels).
End times is part of the age of sigmar canon, not the fantasy canon anon. You played yourself.
>you put forth characters in WHFB that according to you were developed. I tore them apart and gave examples who their characterization is wish-washy and there is nothing concrete about them. You vomited names and I actually explained the problem with each one.
The argument here is just scrolling up to your response and rereading it.To me it looks like you ignored the ones I mentioned to whine about a cast that only shared one example in common with the ones I pointed out. Considering how unreliable your memory is just in the last hour, it doesn't surprise me that you find it difficult to see consistency in anything composed of more than one or two parts that isn't an AoS-style caricature.
>just threw insults
I guess I struck a nerve :^)
I'll give you a tip man, those are there along with the argument that you seem to have misremembered yourself as tearing apart in order to make you feel bad. After I explain why you're retarded I get to call you retarded. It's only an ad hom when you only insult, in fact I have a great example.
>No point at all. Just plebing for the sake of plebing. Misinformed and ignorant.
>>
>>47740228
Depends what you want to play. Army composition is the special 40k Rogue Trader era type of crazy. Points and such are coming soon, but until then, go nuts!
>>
>>47740260
>Army composition is the special 40k Rogue Trader era type of crazy.

I have no idea what you are talking about m8. Never played any tabletop game like this just some pc games from Warhammer world.

Are there dark elves in AoS ?
>>
>>47740228
Start Collecting boxes are great value and good places to start looking. If you find one that tickles your fancy go for it
>>
>>47740333
Yes, they are still there but there aren't a huge number of models for them.
>>
>>47740360

are some books must have ? They seem overprices as fuck

>Battletome - Stormcast Eternals
>152 pages
>40 euro
>>
>>47740387
You don't need any books. All rules are free. Scans are all in the pastebin above.

That said the battle tomes contain scenarios which are the real meat and potatoes of AoS. I don't know which ones are best, you'd have to ask some other anon. Also there are 22 models for dark elves so the anon who said there isn't much is dumb.
>>
>>47740246
>Your point was that the bigger story matters. It doesn't. The bigger story is at best background noise to the actual stories, that being the player's and microcosmic novels.

If you think your dudes stories mattered any any point in WHFB history, then you are being delusional.

>End times is part of the age of sigmar canon, not the fantasy canon anon. You played yourself.

Says who? You? They are part of the WHFB setting and WHFB lore used to write it.

Also that was one example and again you showed your ignorance, When the novels were written they took the characterization of the WHFB from the past decades they were so many versions of the characters that the authors struggled to write them consistently. Like I mentioned the Arkan characterization in the End Times novels was taken from the Rise of Nagash novel series (which you conveniently ignored) which was largely ignored by the game canon. Surprise surprise. GW ignored that characterization and went with the game canon. This happned to the other characters as well especially Archaon.

>The argument here is just scrolling up to your response and rereading it.To me it looks like you ignored the ones I mentioned to whine about a cast that only shared one example in common with the ones I pointed out. Considering how unreliable your memory is just in the last hour, it doesn't surprise me that you find it difficult to see consistency in anything composed of more than one or two parts that isn't an AoS-style caricature.

I skipped the less important ones and went to important ones like Nagash, Arkan, Vlad, Archaon, and Malekith. All of which have a dozen characterization with in the span of what? 5 year span?

And you have yet proven otherwise while I gave examples of how their characters are hallow. You claimed that the characters are developed and consistent and yet gave no proofs

>I guess I struck a nerve :^)

Not really. Just waiting for you to make an argument.
>>
>seraphon
>lizards,no angels

???
>>
>>47740443
>No point at all. Just plebing for the sake of plebing. Misinformed and ignorant.

That's a warranted insult delivered with the refutation of your argument. Not even an insult really just a description of what I am dealing with.

So far you danced around flinging insults and have not engaged in any meaningful argument.

The only thing you gave thus far is what YOU want WHFB to be. But who cares what you want it to be?
>>
whats your favourite faction ?
whats your most hated faction ?
>>
>>47740447
angel models are reserved for AoS Sisters
>>
File: Archy5.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy5.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>47740514
>whats your favourite faction ?

Archaon and the Varanguard.

>whats your most hated faction ?

The Seras. Freaking mary sues.
>>
>>47740594
>Archaon lover calling someone Mary Sue
>>
>>47740443
>If you think your dudes stories mattered any any point in WHFB history, then you are being delusional.
See this explains the core reason for your retardation, the rotten puss ball festering in the center of the mold that is your opinions.This may surprise you but warhammer is a game. You play it with your friends and that's the core experience, playing with your friends with your dudes. Try to imagine what that's like, having friends to play the game with.Each players dudes are the central characters, what you're saying would be like arguing that the player character was totally irrelevant to the quality of the story of a video game, or that the x of y's well writtenness is far more important to your campaign's enjoyability than your actual player characters. The setting being conductive to creating your own relatable forces that fit into the world and who have reasons to care about the world is a lot lot more important than how well written the duke of fuckoff castle is.
>Says who?
Basically everyone. It's only treated as canon by people who like AoS. Because It's the prologue. To AoS. It's essential to take as canon for the AoS setting, it's almost essential to ignore to play in the fantasy setting, unless you're playing in the end times timeframe, which...no one does
>I skipped the less important ones and went to all the characters my canon fucked in the ass during end times.
wew lad, keep playing yourself.
Have you read any of the thanquol novels? He's pretty much the same all through his army book versions and the 3 or 4 authors novels who wrote him. Same with Gotrek and felix, same with Helborg, Franz is consistent albeit consistently boring, ect.
And the nice thing is that it's all totally irrelevant anyway. It's like complaining about the paint job of a car when arguing about how well it drives. The consistency in the behavior of characters almost certainly far removed from the player characters, ie the people who matter, doesn't matter.
>>
>>47736030
Do you not like the cosmic horrors?
>>
>>47740616
The difference between Archaon and the Seras is that he is an enjoyable "mary sue".

Seraphon are just obnoxious.
>>
>>47737152
#Lulz
http://wargameexclusive.com
>>
>>47740676
"I have literally made chaos an essentially monotheistic religion with me as god with the chaos gods serving as background through the sheer power of anime" is not enjoyable anon.
>>
>>47740707
I love how smug all the icons look
>>
File: gw-99810201003.jpg (66 KB, 774x800) Image search: [Google]
gw-99810201003.jpg
66 KB, 774x800
>>47740514
Favorite:
Stormcast Eternals.
>liking sigmarines
Yes, I know, I know, but the minis, the lore and the playstyle all appeal to me.

Most hated:
Archaon and his cronies of the Varanguard
It's a perfect storm of shit models (bar the Gaunt Summoner, who is aces), overpriced kits, absurd rules and wanky lore.

I don't know if that makes me a hypocrite or anything, but seeing the old and new Archaon models next to each other causes me physical pain.
>>
>>47740673
>See this explains....

Bla bla.

You play your dudes within the story of the setting. Your dudes are not central to anything but yourself. Without the pillars of the setting (characters, events, main storyline) you wouldn't be pulled into the setting and place your dudes mini-stories inside their setting.

>Basically everyone. It's only treated as canon by people who like AoS. Because It's the prologue. To AoS. It's essential to take as canon for the AoS setting, it's almost essential to ignore to play in the fantasy setting, unless you're playing in the end times timeframe, which...no one does

An irrelevant point that ignored everything I said. End Times novel are WHFB like it or not and used existing WHFB lore past and new to write which is why it was a mess. You deciding arbitrarily to ignored them doesn't refute anything.

>>I skipped the less important ones and went to all the characters my canon fucked in the ass during end times.

They were screwed long before the End Times. You know like Arkan and Nagash and 99% of the Undead fluff that came with past novels that were ignored for the sake of game canon which is so empty and anemic it might as well be air.

All give you Thanqoul and Gotrek&Felix their irrelevance to the setting (in the case of Thanqoul before the End Times) shielded them from being raped by the editors and authors. As the rest? The characters that influence the setting with their every actions? The characters I pointed towards? They are empty husks.

>The consistency in the behavior of characters almost certainly far removed from the player characters

But not far removed from the setting which they shape. The setting which the player character inhabit.

This is the last (You) will get. Time running short and I cannot argue with the ignorant on an empty stomach.
>>
>>47740880
Thats funny, I feel the same exact pain looking at the concept stormcast and the actual ones.
>>
File: Archaon Quad.png (3 MB, 2408x812) Image search: [Google]
Archaon Quad.png
3 MB, 2408x812
>>47740720
The absurdity of his character and what he is doing and where he is going makes him enjoyable. You never know what ANIME thing Archaon will do next. That makes him enjoyable.

Seras on the other hand are predictable. Their stories always follow the same narrative framework.

>>47740880
>next to each other causes me physical pain.

You can thank me later.
>>
>>47740933
Curious. I mean, I get where you are coming from, but I think I prefer the clear and straightforward design of the actual models to the John Blanche concept art.
Which is strange, since Blanche's works from the 2nd edition books are still *the* defining factor for my personal perception of 40k as a whole.
>>
>>47738158
If i were GW id release an old copy of 6th with the ravening hordes supplement into creative commons non commercial and prevent 9th age from becoming a new rival company. Non of the rpg and cards really sold to worth the hassle of production.
>>
File: 1423096950228.jpg (69 KB, 261x352) Image search: [Google]
1423096950228.jpg
69 KB, 261x352
>>47738158

Sometimes it feels to me they erased the old setting just so Black Library could release a dozen short stories every month that no one cares about.
>>
File: lowint.jpg (55 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
lowint.jpg
55 KB, 303x311
>>47740924
This entire post is just "I disagree and still don't understand that it's a fucking game, because I have no friends to play it with"

>YEA WELL YOUR DUDES ONLY MATTER TO YOU, IT'S NOT LIKE THE QUALITY OF YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS TO HOW GOOD OF A GAME IT IS
>REEEEEEEEE, N-NO END TIME IS NOT AoS, JUST 100% ESSENTIAL TO IT, DESTROYING THE WARHAMMER WORLD AND REPLACING IT WITH THE WORLD I'M DEFENDING HAS MORE TO DO WITH THE ETERNAL STATUS QUO SETTING YOU'RE DEFENDING THAN IT DOES MINE
>THERE IS A MIX OF GOOD AND BAD CHARACTERS THAT MEANS THE SETTING IS BAAAAAAD
>THE INCONSISTENCIES OF VLADS DICK LENGTH SHAPE THE SETTING AND THEREFOR THE PLAYER'S EXPERIENCE
>>
>>47740880
Slave to darkness seemed meh til silver tower's acolytes
>>
>>47741056
Not an argument
>>
>>47740746
Shame, Thousands suns is the only sculpt i consider buying tho
>>
>http://heelanhammer.com/ep152/

>Listen to a Gav interview
>He calls out the guys who keep using the tern "sigmarine"
>He says that the Stormcast are essentially good guy Chaos warriors
>He says, unlike the SMs, SCE retain their humanity with all its nobility and faults. Because of this humanity its possible for Chaos to manipulate them

What do you guys think? Also did Gav him at Chaos SCE?
>>
>>47741215
Also did Gav hints*
>>
File: 1295799786507.jpg (134 KB, 410x623) Image search: [Google]
1295799786507.jpg
134 KB, 410x623
>>47740707

Really dig that Daemon prince of (not)slaanesh and (not)noise marine shoulder pads...
>>
>>47741215
>unlike the SMs, SCE retain their humanity with all its nobility and faults. Because of this humanity its possible for Chaos to manipulate them

I guess Gw has forgot about us for real.
>>
>>47741215
Well, the Ionus/Valkyria thing shows chaos can manipulate stormcast so yeah, that's a thing. Didn't make Ionus fall to chaos though.
>>
>>47741215
>>47741227
Gav doesn't need to hint it, the story already does.

Also Gav seems pretty confused.
Space Marines can of course be manipulated by Chaos, hence Chaos Space Marines.
Stormcast losing their humanity is also a major theme.
>>
>>47741215

this is the same guy who had a dark angel feeling fear in one of his short stories.

truth is, especially in black library literature, space marines are depicted with very human traits and failings. they wrestle with their duty, the nature of loyalty, their own abilities, etc etc. You don't see a lot of the stone cold psycho-conditioned angels of death front and center. I'd say one of the very few authors who does convey that is Guy Haley.

And yeah did Gav forget about the Horus Heresy? Hell, he wrote that universally panned story of Space Wolves turning on each other because they were about to get overrun in the 4th ed Chaos Codex.
>>
>>47741215
>He calls out the guys who keep using the tern "sigmarine"
I don't know how to feel about that...
I play them and I call them Sigmarines about as often as I call them Stormcast, if not more. It's an apt moniker even though the SM paralelles are usually exaggerated.
>>
File: 1406129015694.png (574 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1406129015694.png
574 KB, 700x600
>>47741399

They may or may not be exaggerated but they are present which is why the term exists at all. It wasn't created in a void.
>>
>>47741215
Gav is speaking for GW here, not for himself, what do you think GW prefers: To have its new posterboys ridiculed as the copies they are (and gav himself recognized they were supposed to be in his first blog about that) or to try and negate the evidence to not appear as creatively bankrupt?
>>
>>47741430
Yea I don't see many people saying "knornids"
>>
>>47741443
>Gav is speaking for GW here

this is a very good point you brought up and it didn't even occur to me originally.

and it was on heelanhammer which we know is cozy with GW itself
>>
>>47741443
You are being paranoid

>and gav himself recognized they were supposed to be in his first blog about that

He expanded on that in this interview.
>>
I'm still unclear on a lot of silver tower rules.

1. How do you know what variation of enemies to place? Like it says place two acolytes. Which two? Can I just pick the two easiest to deal with?

2. Where do you put enemies? Do all enemies come out of portals?

3. Do enemies always have to move? A lot of their behaviours say "move towards nearest hero" but if they are already adjacent do they just stay in place?
>>
>bare-headed a, wearing pelts or furs, do want!

Remove Vandus Hammerhand pls!
>>
>>47741577
Yes to all.
>>
>>47741656

Vandus is like the only interesting character the Stormcasts have, fool.
>>
>>47741656
>barbarian brawler sigmarines
I didn't even know I wanted that.
>>
File: PZyTgkT.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1069) Image search: [Google]
PZyTgkT.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1069
Are these some nice warriors of chaos alternative miniatures?
>>
File: 0HNqDVg.jpg (753 KB, 2934x1080) Image search: [Google]
0HNqDVg.jpg
753 KB, 2934x1080
>>47741778
Or these ones?
>>
>>47724711
Ever heard of the magewrath throne
>>
>>47741572
He begins to talk about 40K and AoS & SM and SCE at "00:59:00". You all should listen to it.
>>
>>47741778
>elves
>mutation-free humans carrying symbols of faith
Look, I like the Raging Heroes shit as much as the next guy, but at least try to keep them to their obviously appropriate factions.
>>
>>47741778
>>47741787
First ones feel like dark eldar to me. They're like a wych/wrack crossover. Sort of neat.

Second lot look Order more thank baddies, but not sure what I'd count them as. The amount of cheesecake coupled with the giant anime swords (yes, even by AOS standards) means I just can't take them seriously.

Also, front centre blatantly has a space-age pistol.
>>
File: Bu4opH5.jpg (608 KB, 2305x1034) Image search: [Google]
Bu4opH5.jpg
608 KB, 2305x1034
>>47741778
>>47741787
getting all those models because the look fun to paint
>>
>>47742030
>Also, front centre blatantly has a space-age pistol.
That's obviously a coil of rope.
>>
>>47742116
Looks like a pistol to me. Which is enough to prove that "obviously" was incorrect at least.
>>
>>47742116
>>47742256
It's definitely a rosary.

Also, as you seem to be the blatant Raging Heroes shill that comes to /tg/ periodically, any word on Ascended Sister Erzebel?
>>
>>47741656
>reclaim Ghur form the ogors and orruks
Nigger you GAVE that shit to gorkamorka. What the fuck are you doing signal? Fucking Indian giver
>>
>>47742297
It has not been sculpted yet
>>
>>47741948
>>47742030
Chaos elves maybe?
I'm going for the first one i think. they have spikes and helmets. the only thing they lack is the shield
>>
>>47742314
Gorkamorka betrayed the Alliance of Order and thus has fortified his claim on Ghur.

He can have it back if he falls back in line.
>>
>>47742401
I don't think that there were any terms to the agreement between them.
And seriously the only way for that to work is if Sigmar had sub troll intelligence
Face it, case of that lie sigmar's either an idiot or a douche
>>
>>47740880
>the minis, the lore and the playstyle all appeal to me.

So play space marines.
>>
does GW really expect me to pay 120 euro for 1 mini ?
why is this allowed ?
>>
>>47743110

which mini do you speak of
>>
>>47723950

I keep reading these threads because I'm excited to hear what's coming up for AoS, but you guys have me thinking... Is it bad that I like the Stormcast Eternals? All I see is hate for them. After listening to the audio books and audio dramas it helped cement what I liked about them, but yeah, am I wrong?

>inb4 shit taste
>>
>>47741787
For a second it looked like the leader was holding a cob of corn....
>>
>>47743183

cant find exactly what it was but found Stormcast Eternals Stardrake for 110
>>
File: p4.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
p4.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>47743237

they are cynical creations mandated by suits in order to maximise profits by aping GW's most popular line

that being said if you like them why should you give a fuck what anyone else thinks (especially people online)? they're little plastic toys
>>
>>47743237
>I liked about them

what do you like about them ?

I like how they look and they are reason why I am thinking about picking this game
>>
>>47743366

I like the fact that they are shown to be more human than the Space Marines they are compared to. They fear things (death included because they either don't understand what happens after you are reforged, or they know that part of them will be lost forever), and they are allowed to make mistakes (which, incidentally ends up being a plot point).

I also like that the characters even amongst their own Stormhosts have wildly varying personalities and flaws. Take for example Jactos Goldenmane alongside Vandus Hammerhand. They are both from the Hammers of Sigmar, yet one was a jealous bastard who wished glory for himself, while the other sought to complete his duty at whatever cost was required. Then there are the Stormhosts themselves. The Astral Templars and Hallowed Knights are night and day in comparison.

>tl;dr The Stormcasts are more than just Space Marine copies, in my opinion.
>>
>>47743366

The other thing that initially appealed to me about them is they're basically an army of Warrior Priests of Sigmar, which I always thought were awesome in WHFB.
>>
Are there any good AoS bat reps on youtube? I'd like to watch some to learn more about the game.
>>
>>47743296

>... why should you give a fuck...

I have friends that give me crap about liking Age of Sigmar irl as well, so I guess it messes with my head a bit.
>>
>>47743237
>The traditionalist are mad cuz they are big men with pauldrons as are the space marines, and they hate that, not realizing that WH40K was always an spinoff of WHFB

Play those sigmarines and beat the crap out of your friends
>>
>>47741656
>b-but the sigmarines are all the same and have no personality
Bareheaded fur wearing barbarian stormcasts? Yes, yes please. Stormcast bare head conversion kits when? >>47741300
>stormcasts losing their humanity is a major theme
In the sense that they lose abbot of it after each reforging, and are scared of that happening. Stormcasts are human to the core, the tragedy is that they retained their humanity but will have to fight forever and never enjoy the comforts theynfightnaonhard to restore. Thats been the main theme with Vandus hammer hand since the first novel
>>
>>47743728

Have you even looked? There are a ton.
>>
>>47743832
I am aware that batreps exist. I am asking for ones that are particularly high quality.
>>
>>47738526

Honestly they could have introduced the 8 realms as well in that scenario, something something incarnates split vortex into chaos new worlds...

If Age of Smegmar had kept square bases and delivered a fun well balanced rule system I would be all for it.

Instead we got shit rules and shit lore to top it off with. Also fuck round bases with a broken bottle.
>>
>>47741215
They have their memories erased, how tf do they retain their humanity?

Also, Space Marines are created to be Paragons of Humanity, which all of mankind should strive to emulate, not just mindless death machines. Which is why Chapters have traditional hobbies.
>>
>>47744309

Miniwargaming, Guerilla Miniatures Wargaming, Doom &Darkness, Hooves of Doom, Moarhammer 88, Tabletop Minis.

All these channels put out decent to great batreps. Some for more than AoS, some also put out reviews and all kinds of other stuff.
>>
How's this for a 5 warscroll minimum list? 2 heroes/1 monster/units with 1 wound may be double number -
1 necromancer
Wight king with banner
20 skelebros with hand weapon/shield
20 skelebros with spears and shields
Necrosphinx (to combat cheese)
1 warscroll left, what should it be? 20 archer skellies? Black knights? Hexwraiths?
>>
>>47744780
>They have their memories erased, how tf do they retain their humanity?

No, the Stormcast do not get their memories erased. They are still human inside and remember most of their mortal life.

Who told you that they get their memories erased. I am really curious. It seems that people who hate on the Stormcast never read a shred about them. Every named Stormcast character in the lore in both campaign books and novels has flashbacks of his past life and struggles to coup with what he has become so it's impossible for you to say this unless you are

1) A troll

2) a moron who runs his mouth without thinking.

>Also, Space Marines are created to be Paragons of Humanity, which all of mankind should strive to emulate, not just mindless death machines. Which is why Chapters have traditional hobbies.

No, Marines (in theory) are divorced from humanity. They don't understand the minds of mortals and don't relate to humanity. They are the Angels of Death, they no mortal fear. Their memories of their past selves are wiped out by the conditioning and indoctrination of their chapter as well as the weird geneseed effects that affect their minds. All that remains are tiny glimpses at the back of their heads.
>>
>>47744929
They have no mortal fear*
>>
>>47744929
>No, the Stormcast do not get their memories erased.

They do, they only remember their mortal lives vaguely if at all. They can regain them, ala Vandus or Orius, but they mostly start forgotten.
>>
>>47745020
It differs from one Stormcast to the next but from what I have seen most remember most of their previous lives.

The Stormcast characters from "Hammers of Sigmar", "Warbeast", Tarus from the first Mannfred audio series and even Ionus certainly did.
>>
>>47737998
Idk oop figures in the mega battalion kinda counts for skaven something even if crapcast
>>
>>47745020
Actually it's the opposite. They start remembering everything usually, but as they die and respawn they lose more and more of themselves due to nagash dickery
>>
>>47745216
They start with little, but can unlock their memories, but they can lose them by dying.
>>
>>47740333
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.0/Exiles

All horses force rides well
>>
>>47737458
what game is it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.