[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: Kaseto, Orochi Archmage_C15.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage_C15.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
Snek Voltron best Voltron Edition

>Old thread
>>47697120 → #

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
whats the fastest win you've ever seen lads?
>>
>>47710368
I've seen an entire table scoop to a turn 1 Serra Ascendant because they're shitters.
>>
>>47710368
Was like turn 4 the dagsson player comboed off and blew the field up everytime anyone played a land
>>
>>47710368
My Jarad deck can theoretically kill the tablr turn 2, but I've never seen it go off before 4 in actual play.
>>
>>47710413
...literally how.
>>
>>47710368
I played a guy one on one once and dropped my Avacyn turn three and swung in for 24 Commander damage turn four.
>>
>>47710368
I win turn 1 pretty frequently. Probably will until WotC bans Show and Tell.
>>
File: odric master tactician.jpg (38 KB, 310x443) Image search: [Google]
odric master tactician.jpg
38 KB, 310x443
Why is he so based /tg/?
>>
>>47710458
>Pretty frequently
If you're getting Mana Crypt and Show and Tell in your opening hand 'pretty frequently' then either your group needs to stop letting you do partial paris, or you're cheating.

Also, WOTC ain't gonna ban shit, because they aren't in charge of the banlist.
>>
>>47710419
T1- land into either Sol Ring or Exploration and a second land.
T2- land (and another land if you're using Exploration), Buried Alive for Necrotic Ooze, Triskelion, and Phyrexian Devourer, then Reanimate the Necrotic Ooze. Exile your library for counters and ping everyone to death. Won't work if you have more than 4 players, though.
>>
>>47710466
because basically unblockable
he goes well with Odric 2 and some token generators
>>
>>47710475
I'm not cheating. We play often enough and I'm willing to mull twice to get it, since you only need 5 cards to go off, and you still get to pull even on the play in EDH due to the multiplayer rules.

>WotC not in charge of the banlist
>bans cards anyways

http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/commander
>>
>>47710466
He all honorable 'n shit
He got bitches on his dick
Nigga so swag he commands combat phase
Nigga a stone cold motherfucker ain't take shit from nobody
Nigga pimp slap bitches so they scoop
>>
>>47710503
WOTC has zero control over the banlist.
>>
>>47710466
He never sticks in my playgroup.

Lots of spot removal.

>Odric for 4
>ded
>okay Odric for 6
>ded
>okay Odric for 8
>ded
>fuck it
>>
>>47710466
He's one of the few effects that gives you such complete control.

Nothing in the world better than making them block a Tolarion Entracer with everything with a Dolmen Gate out.
>>
>>47710503
Wizards just reposts the banlist from the RC, an independent body of chucklefucks who think Prophet of Kruphix is unhealthy for a format that allows Necropotence.
>>
>>47710503
>My Mulligans in EDH are consistent to frequently being able to assemble the 5 perfect cards
>In EDH
You need to learn to shuffle anon.
>>
>>47710592
To be fair, untapping all your lands and critters during everyone else's untap step is total bullshit.
>>
What are essential cards for a B/R deck?
>>
>>47710639
Harder to pull off but lattice + unwinding clock is still legal
>>
>>47710620
I don't understand your ass-pain. I pile shuffle and let people cut the deck. We play EDH, several times a week, generally a few games at a time.

The odds of seeing this combo come up weekly when I'm willing to mull for it at least two times (or other T1-3 combos that the deck is stuffed with) per game is actually pretty good as a result.

>h-he's lying or cheating!

Okay.

There's LOTS of T1 wins in EDH. Hermit Druid deck, an Ad Nauseum deck, Hivemind, Worldgorger, Rector, etc
>>
>>47710666
Heartless Hidestugu, he's consistently an all-star in my deck.

I also like thunderblust, but it's pretty easy to remove.
>>
>>47710666
Stranglehold, Price of Glory and Grave Pact babyyyyyyyy
>>
>>47710639
>>47710592
Seedborn Muse isn't banned. Like, I'm fine with the ban, the card bugged me too, but let's not pretend that's the whole situation.

The giving flash just meant it scaled well with more players. Kind of like Koko being banned now.
>>
File: muse.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
muse.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>47710639
well then I'm glad they've banned things which untap even more than that.
oh wait.
>>
>>47710639
Seedborn Muse exists. The addition of flash is what really pushed Prophet, but you can still run Vedalekn Orrery or Yeva alongside Muse, though that is harder to assemble.
>>
>>47710639
That's not so bad. The bullshit part was that it was UG, and Seedborn Muse and Yeva rolled into one card, so you basically got 3 extra turns going around the table.
>>
>>47710666
Dark Ritual, Entomb, Sire of Insanity, Animate Dead.

Just for T1 "haha, we're playing TOPDECK now, faggots".

Still rather sad when someone Plains into Path, but there are other times where it's the stupidest shit ever.
>>
>>47710368
turn 4 victimize reanimating archetype of endurance and it that betrays. someone dropped a wrath and he had swan song to protect it. everyone packed it up before it that betrays could swing.
>>
>>47710749
>>47710639
No, it is not bullshit to untap your stuff during everyone's untap step because you don't get to draw additional cards at the beginning of the upkeep. It gives you an advantage assuming you have things that take advantage of it, but in an empty board state, with no cards in hand, not only is kruphix insanely easy to remove but you'd probably be better off playing a vanilla creature.

Now, the reason Kruphix is banned is because WotC is an idiot and reprinted it in an easily accessible box set, that plummeted her price down to like $1 and it would become a staple of every single u/g deck that could get their hands on it. I know I was a noob and I had a kruphix/prophet combo. It was janky and it was slow, but I could reliably cast Newlamog and Kozilek 1.0 when people were fiddling around with their little chump blockers and dorks.
>>
>>47710368

T3, but that was an 8 player game where everyone said "yes" to tempt with discovery
>>
>>47710844
>but in an empty board state, with no cards in hand
that literally never happens when you're playing UGx

>it's no good if [extremely narrow and specific circumstance] occurs!
kys nigger
>>
File: 87.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>47710844
Who needs cards in hand?
>>
Post weird old cards that don't fit the current color pie
>>
Rules question.

Does Training Ground work with Reanimating Skeleton in the graveyard? I only ask because it says "creatures you control". If it's in my graveyard, is it still technically a creature that I control?

If that doesn't work, what about Heartstone? Same deal?

I only ask because I want infinite ETB triggers with Phyrexian Altar to trigger other jank in my jankengine.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>47710920
Okay.
>>
http://deckstats.net/decks/25595/495467-titania/en

I've been working on this list for awhile and I am trying my best to make it as good as possible. I'm thinking about adding a Glacial Chasm, Woodland Bellower, and possibly Cordant Crossroads. Do you guys think they would be worth it? And what would you think to cut if you were to add them.

General comments and suggestions about the deck are welcome too.
>>
>>47710923
Creatures you control refers to creatures on the battlefield. You'd need to find an effect that said "activated abilities of creature cards in your graveyard cost x less to cast."
>>
>>47710923
no, when a creature is in the graveyard it is just a creature card rather than a creature you control. the game makes a distinction between the two. training ground will only affect creatures you control currently on the battlefield.

Same deal for heartstone.
>>
File: 268.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47710920
Red control a best
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 312x445
>>47710923
Nope, shit's a card when it is in your yard.

>>47710920
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 312x445
>>47710920
Do you want good cards or...?
>>
>>47710989
Holy shit that completely hoses Krenko
>>
>>47711026
I mean, good cards would be preferred but really I'll take any old weird shit
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 312x445
>>47711028
True. I'd feel like a dick putting it in my deck just to hide one guy though.

But yeah, this is a huge list of cards. I like finding out of color pie stuff, but you probably want to narrow it down.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 312x445
>>47711071
A'ight. I'll try to do some in each color, so people don't throw hissy fits about how the modern color pie sucks and favors a certain color more.
>>
>>47710923
Hivestone and Basalt Sliver will give you the goods, anon.

Skelly is now a sliver-skelly. He sacs himself for BB. Now you use the BB to pay for himself and bring him back. Infinite ETB triggers, still only two cards (Stone/Sliver instead of Training Ground/Altar).
>>
image.jpg
80 KB, 312x445
Classic. Very dumb and powerful. Practically a staple. Red eventually got a version, but since this was mainly used for dumb mana shit, the red one isn't very good.
>>
>>47711028
Lots of things hose Krenko. His player just has to try to kill you before you draw those things.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 312x445
Beloved creature. Clearly green but is WUB.
>>
File: 2014-floodgate.jpg (66 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
2014-floodgate.jpg
66 KB, 480x680
>>47710920
Blue damage-based sweepers are pretty weird
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 312x445
Black has Fog. White does too, but Holy Day is pretty well known.
>>
I'm torn friends. There are lots of things that I want to build, but I'm not sure where to get started.

>monoblack tutor city with maybe sidisi or endrek as commander
>colourless eldrazi artifact nonsense with Kozilek or Newlamog as my commander
>jhoria eldrazi suspend
>rakdos riots
>Uril aura goodstuff
>mazierk sac fest
>new teysa voltron featuring at least 5 board wipes and 4 synonyms for shrivel

I don't know which one to pick because I'd like to run something half-decent considering my limited budget. I already have a lot of staples, but I'd be missing most expensive cards. That being said, I own a full set of mana rocks (ur-golem's eye, worn powerstone, sol ring, thran dynamo, etc), eye of ugin, eldrazi temple, and sactum of ugin to go along with all the playable eldrazi titans/blightsteel. I do have neat things for other colours, but most of my money is invested in artifacts and b/g. What should I make? I've thought about this way too much and my brain hurts.
>>
>>47710293
>>47710917
I dropped MtG years ago, restarted with Tarkir and dropped it again for time/money issues. Still, I found Delve and the black/blue/green snakesmen tribes pretty cool.

Am I the only one who liked the Delve mechanic? Because I surely feel in a minority here.
>>
>>47710844
>The reason Kruphix is banned is because it was cheap
Yeah, that's why. It had nothing to do with the fact that it basically gave you 4 fucking turns every turn cycle in one of the most cheese-tastic color combinations.

And no shit it's not good on an empty board state with no cards in hand while your opponent has removal. If that's your metric for whether or not a card is broken, there's not very many 'good' cards in the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
Literally never have seen this card before, but here is a Black Pacifism variant.
>>
>>47711212
Delve has lingering salt because of Treasure Cruise (and to a lesser extent, Dig Through Time) warping shit.
>>
>>47711212
Lots of people liked Delve
>>
>>47711212
Delve is a phenomenally powerful mechanic and is beloved. They were just very careful with it because of its effect on Legacy, so there ended up being only a few cards that weren't essentially French vanilla.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
Very common in monogreen. I imagine most lists have replaced it with Scour from Existance though, at least for the speed.
>>
>>47711250
>very careful with it
>Literally had to ban two of the cards they printed with Delve within a year
>>
>>47711204
If you don't have *any* EDH decks yet, I would strongly avoid building a mono-color EDH deck. They're just too far simple to hose and every motherfucker out there is running an Iona or something else to take a big fat shit on your deck.

I don't frankly like any of the options you've provided though, for various reasons.

>Jhoria Eldrazi
Jhoria decks are all the same and they usually just piss people off and get everyone to dogpile and fuck you off the table once they realize your game plan.

>Rakdos *insert meme here*
I find EDH a terrible format for R/B in general, since there's so many tools in the other colors to shut down their shenanigans. You end up blowing your wad and sitting there playing topdeck while everyone else noodles out.

>Uril
This is a good deck, make no mistake. It just happened to be one of the most popular EDH decks around for months on end. It's not as obnoxious as Zur, but yeah. I'd still pick this out of everything you've suggested, with Colorless Eldrazi as a second option, provided you have the manabase. Just having rocks, Eye/Temple and Sanctum isn't enough though and colorless land, the good ones, is pricy.

My suggestions : Pick something that has G for ramp, or U for card draw, because not having mana or cards in EDH is literally the most boring fucking thing you can endure.
>>
>>47711337
You do realize that you don't have to cram-fuck all the colorless lands in the world into an Eldrazi deck now that you can use Wastes, right?

Like, there's very very good lands that OUGHT to go in an optimized build, but you can start with a ton of Wastes and go from there for a first deck.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 375x523
>>47711273
They fucked up on the ones that draw cards, true. But shit like Set Adrift, Dead Drop and Sibsig Muckdraggers? They aren't super exciting for EDH because they are 100% is my point.

Funny thing about Set Adrift, I made this card for a CCT a few years back and got told off for making busted cards and Delve needs to be costed more.
>>
image.jpg
80 KB, 312x445
More weird old cards.
>>
>>47711405
I mean, colorshifting it to Porphyry Nodes wasn't much better.
>>
>>47711375
Yeah but wastes sell for almost a dollar now, so unless he already has some, I doubt he's keen on spending $30 on memelands that you can't use anywhere else, as opposed to dropping that $30 on actual good land staples that can be used in many decks.
>>
>>47711431
It honestly fit the color pie better.
>>
>>47711337
I actually have a suite of interesting colourless lands, a metric fuckton of wastes, and the various Arcane Lighthouse/pheryxian core that came with some of those precons. I think eldrazi might be the best, and the one that could be upgraded the most easily, I just thought colourless didn't really have a strong commander, which is why I was thinking Rakdos and Jhoria instead.

Thanks anon, I appreciate it. I was just thinking monoblack for consistency against people I know don't run color hate.
>>
>>47711444
Only thing is, dropping 30 on Wastes gives him 30 lands. Dropping 30 on 'actual good land staples' gets him like, 5.
>>
>>47711405
This is one I found recently. It looks too good not to run, even if it`s 4cmc.
>>
>>47711465
>gets him like, 5

Not in EDH it doesn't.

Commander Tower is like $1.50 and it doesn't get much fucking better than that. There's TONS of dirt cheap, comes into play untapped shit that works in EDH.
>>
>>47711496
Oh, I thought you meant him spending 30 dollars on COLORLESS utility lands towards that deck.

Yeah no, if he's spending 30 on general utility lands, that's a whole other thing, I'm sorry.
>>
File: massacre.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
massacre.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>47711467
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 312x445
Mmm.
>>
>>47711405
In early sets, it wasn't set in stone what each color should and shouldn't do.
Some designers wanted all the colors to do everything, others like in Homelands, had no idea about what they where doing
>>
>>47711496
>>47711507
I actually have a lot of pretty neat dual lands. I have almost all the scry ones, all the life ones, some of the creature ones, a majority of the fast ones, and a shock or two kicking around. Little to no fetch lands though. I also have a command tower and some of those basic-but-also-cycle lands.
>>
>>47711548
Fuck, I was like "wtf, a 2/4 for B?!". Going blind is fucking shit I tell you.
>>
>>47711453
For EDH leads out of the Eldrazi, I really only like Emrakul, Aeons Torn. Extra turn/can't be countered/protection from colored spells is real nice.

All of the other ones basically have everyone eyeballing your deck and saving that Path or Boomerang or counterspell and wait for you to blow your wad with the mana investment. If I had to pick another one as lead though, I'd probably go for Ulamog Ceaseless Hunger for the two permanent exile/indestructible.

Most of the other ones
>>
>>47711548
I want one of these so bad but not $125 bad.
>>
>>47711584
Emrakul's also banned in the format, sooooo
>>
What can I do 1v1 against Bruna. If you don't have any removal or whatever the moment she hits the board that bitch comes up with lol eldrazi conscription lol corrupted conscience and it's pretty much over.
>>
>>47711647
Cast Tattoo Ward on her.
>>
>>47711647

Don't play a multiplayer format 1v1?

Or you know, counterspells
>>
>>47711647
Have removal?

It's not like she has haste or fetches enchantments from the fucking library.
>>
>>47711614
Whoops. My group still allows him as a leader, so I didn't notice. I suppose he got banned because he was too easy to cheat out elsewise. I don't think he's that terrible when confined to the command zone though.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
>>
>>47711682
Nah, it was the same base reason as Primeval Titan: it becomes a game of fighting over a single card (who can steal it, reanimate it at instant speed after killing it, copy it, clone it, etc) and the combination of abilities on it made it extremely unfun to play against.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 312x445
>>47711557
I know. I'm just fulfilling a guy's request.

>>47711577
Everyone does that. These printings were fucked.
>>
>>47711725
Landhome was a mistake. A well-intentioned, flavorful mistake, but a mistake.
>>
>>47711725
Nothing is more old school than landhome
>>
>>47710368
Oloro player goes first, has Flash, Enchant Granny, Enter the Infinite, an Island and a Mana Crypt in opening hand. Needles to say we all groaned and re-shuffled our decks.
>>
>want to build 2-color
>no fucking idea which 2 colors to build
HELP

I was thinking Izzet or Golgari
>>
>>47711881
Don't pick a color. Pick a thing you want to do.

Is there a Commander that looks interesting? A strategy or theme you want to try? A card or combo or synergy that you'd like to build a deck around?
>>
>>47711673
Well, it's not hard to make her fetch enchantments from the library.
>>
>>47711949
But in most games she's not coming down on turn 3 and swinging before you have a chance to do something. He's gonna cast her hoping to swing for the fences next turn, and you either blast her with a Doom Blade when she hits the board or you have a whole suite of options on your own turn.

People really need to play more spot removal.
>>
>>47711925
Dralnu looks real cool but I'm not one for control. Jarad looks like a fun engine, sac creatures, make people lose life and make Jarad bigger as a result
>>
File: rakdos.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
rakdos.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
I have a Rakdos list that strays away from the fallacies of a typical Rakdos. I had good games with it every time I played it at a 70% power-level table. I just need a way to post the damn thing that isn't tedious.
>>
Are slivers fun to play?
I pulled a foil sliver hivelord and some sliver hives and its got me wanting to play the villain.
>>
>>47712444
They can be very explosive, but are very fragile at the same time. My friend has a Hivelord deck that can put in work
>>
>>47710982
Red was always control m8
>>
>>47712467
How is it built? Im thinking getting a good mana base and then just jamming slivers but im still looking around.
>>
>>47712674
Most people would advise you to run Sliver Overlord in the command slot for consistency.
>>
>>47712444
Depends.
If nobody is packing gratuitous amounts of mass removal you get to do all sorts of crazy synergy nonsense and then everybody groans when you steamroll the game.
If at least one person has gratuitous amounts of mass removal then you get BTFO and groan when you get steamrolled because you can't do anything.
>>
>>47712795
I wonder what the most fun and least steamrolly Slivers deck would look like. I'd probably run stuff like Acidic Sliver and Dormant Sliver. I wonder what other utility slivers there are.
>>
>>47712674
>acquire legendary sliver
>acquire most efficient mana base you can afford
>add slivers to taste
Then fill in the rest with whatever you want since you're going five colors. I've seen some people opt for ramp, some for mass burn, and one go with a heavy counter package.
>>
>>47712674
>How is it built?
Not well. It CAN put in work but that happens very rarely. His mana fixing is godawful and he can either get completely boned or get some crazy draw and start buffing Slivers like mad
>>
>>47712854
Sedge Sliver?
>>
>>47712912
I would probably avoid most of the ones that pumped team. I did find a bunch like the new O-Ring one, but the problem is the lack of token producers to make use of most of these.

It could be fun though.
>>
>>47713046

I'm trying to understand your motivation here

Are you trying to ensure your sliver deck is a sshitty as possible?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
So besides pic+Uncaged fury what are some good strategies for winning via commander damage?
>>
H-here I go.

S orry for the po tato pho to. My better pictu re take box is charging at the moment. This list is meant to be played in an enviro nment that is generally "m uh spirit of the format." Ab rupt combo wins like Mikaeus or ancestral statue were avoided, but you can add them back if you wish. This can be adju sted in power level for sure, but the basic premise is still here.

I wrote up a few paragraphs of explanation on how the deck works but 4chan thought it was spam. Blame hiro for the shitty formatting.
>>
>>47713114
Uncaged Fury doesn't work
>>
>>47713070
I'm not OP. I was just thinking about how would I make a sliver deck that uses slivers for utility throughout the game rather than to swing for lethal.

There's a lot of really good utility slivers like Mnemonic, Gemhide, Basal, Harmonic, Necrotic. Since you wouldn't be full sliver, you could fill the rest of the deck with 5 color goodstuff.
>>
File: DSCN0033.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0033.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
Will take a better pic and add labels to it when my phone is done charging.
>>
>>47713129
How so?
>>
>>47713146
>Target Creature
>Protection from everything
>>
>>47713140
Just go make a decklist so everything is legible.
>>
>>47713146
Protection from EVERYTHING.
>>
>>47713180
>>47713168
Dang. Thought it worked like hexproof.
>>
>>47713146
Protection from everything. You can't touch it once it's on the board, outside a Wrath
>>
>>47713215
Protection from Everything means that it cannot be Damaged, Enchanted, Equipped, Blocked, or Targeted by ANYTHING.

If it was "Protection from your opponents" it would say that.
>>
>>47713171
Yuck, all of the online deck sites have terrible interfaces for this sort of thing. In the time it would take me to type up the 200 word essay that is my deck, I can finish a good-looking photo edit.
>>
>>47713114
Nigga it's a 10/10 with protection from everything

If you really wanted to you could drop a Fervor and any of the M15 Paragons before Progenitus and a Relentless Assault in the second main phase
>>
File: pepe (36).jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pepe (36).jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>47713215
>this is why they got rid of shroud
>this is why they're getting rid of protection
>>
>>47713288
That sounds like you're just making more work for yourself
>>
>>47713288
And in the time it can take you to finish a good looking photo edit, none of us are gonna fucking look at it.
>>
>>47713380
To be fair, no one looks at deck lists linked here anyway
>>
>>47713395

That's just false

I look at most lists posted and give advice
>>
>>47710917
Pretty new to commander. How does delve work with casting the commander?
>>
>>47713717

it works exactly the same as it normally does
>>
>>47711270
Does people actually play with Scour from Existence in EDH?
>>
>>47713728
That is cool. So you can play Tasigur for B?
>>
>>47713757
>Instant speed removal that can be used in any deck
Yeah probably
>>
>>47713757

Sometimes

Not the worst removal option ever, in big mana decks, versatile removal can be more important than cheap removal

It's not very common tho because white and green and blue have cheap AND versatile removal, so only decks that have red or black mana only would really even consider scour from existence, although monogreen might consider it cuz their creature removal options are limited and they usually have too much mana to spend anyway
>>
>>47713780
I just thought it was too expensive. Maybe I should consider using it myself.
>>
>>47713772
As long as you have enough graveyard, yep.
>>
>>47713772
yes. How you determine the overall cost of a spell
initial cost (the mana cost or an alternative cost such as overload) plus any additional costs or costs increases (such as kicker, tax effects like sphere of resistance, or commander tax) minus any cost reductions (such as delve, or heartless summoning)

if your graveyard has enough cards, you can always cast tasigur for B
>>
>>47713886
Almost right.

It's actually base/alternate cost, plus cost increases/additional costs, minus cost reductions, and then Trinisphere.
>>
>>47710368
Turn 2, I've seen attempts at turn 1 but there's always a force of will or other free counterspell in the way
>>
>>47710419
A lot of decks can kill you turn one in commander
>>
>>47714374
Example please? Walk me through it since I don't know ANY sets before battle for zendikar.
>>
>>47712432
Explain how it works
>>
>>47714344
i didn't think trinisphere needed to be mentioned since hardly anyone plays it in regular EDH. maybe in duel EDH
>>
Can you Stifle the Darksteel/Blightsteel graveyard trigger?
>>
File: 1457815703541.png (388 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457815703541.png
388 KB, 576x1024
>>47710368
turn 2
>t1 island mana vault
>t2 island bribery ulamog
>>
>>47714389
Hermit druid, zur, Niv mizzet, and I think sharoom can. Look up all the zero mana cost artifacts and think about how competitive commander is vintage light
>>
>>47714522

So, about T14, then? Given that ulamog has to swing at each player 4 times with an average of 3 other players to kill
>>
>>47714535
Annihilator prevents them from playing anything
>>
>>47714551
prevents 1 person from playing anything
>>
>>47714575
You just swing at another player.
They all conceded right there so we could start a new game.
>>
What are the worst commanders to play against?
>>
>>47714616
The C13 face cards
>>
>>47714616
What do you mean by that
>>
>>47713114
Progenitus doesn't work with uncaged fury , but you can OTK with it and Rafiq of the many or finest hour through 22 double strike or 23 across 2 combat phases
>>
>>47714628
as in the most frustrating, annoying, infuriating, and downright awful commanders.
>>
>>47714575
T3 swing at white guy, then swing at someone else, then swing at green guy, then swing at the last guy, then alternate between the people with the most permanents every turn after while saving your mama for counterspells.
>>
>>47714616

Totally depends on what you're playing, Rock Paper Scissors and all that

If you're a graveyard deck, anafenza is a really unfortunate matchup, like yeah you can remove her but that deck probably runs scavenging ooze or rest in peace too, and can recast, etc

If you're playing rakdos colors, good enchantress decks are basically unbeatable and really frustrating to boot cuz you can't do anything about the enchantments shutting you down

Personally I hate playing against my friends super friends deck with humility, humility is just not fun to play against, has nothing to do with the commander tho (progenitus)
>>
File: fat shithead.jpg (99 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
fat shithead.jpg
99 KB, 620x453
>>47714616
AYOOO
*Tainted Aether*
HOL UP
>>
>>47714648
Oloro and Zur. Both are pillow forts in different ways.
>>
File: Slaughter_EX.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter_EX.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
Post your favorite kill spell. Here's mine.
>>
>>47714648
Any from legends, chaos decks in general because most people don't know how to build them well, most from portals, and white commanders as a whole because they are all shit.
>>
>>47710368
Not really fastest win but fastest death i've ever seen is a guy who got out rafik of the many on turn 3 then buffed him up and attacked a guy on turn 4. Followed by me borrowing him to kill of the guy who he attacked on the same turn.
>>
>>47711163
> mountains in the flavor text
> no mountain in the cost
Gay.
I've had him sitting in a box for awhile , haven't bothered building a deck around him yet.

Also have a couple old monos laying around that I haven't felt like doing anything with.
>>
>>47714616
Any voltron commander
>>
>>47714710
How come? Most of the time, they only kill one or two people then die to the rest of the table dog piling them
>>
>>47714519
No, it's a replacement effect, not a triggered ability.
>>
>>47710466
> odric 2.0
> lost a point of toughness
REEEEEE

I just nabbed him out of a fat pack, going to be my first white deck.

had to buy my chump family some commanders so they would play edh.

I can't decide if I should odric their asses for their first edh game or gitgud frog.
>>
File: 8m5j0.jpg (197 KB, 618x428) Image search: [Google]
8m5j0.jpg
197 KB, 618x428
>>47710368
Turn 2
>Dream Halls into Omniscience
>pitch a card to play Niv from command zone
>bounce my dream halls for free
>drop c-sphinx
>time spiral
>go off
>>
>>47714758
You counter/kill their commander once or twice and they're pretty much out of the game.
>>
>>47714533
I know Hermit Druid can kill on turn 1, but you would have to get one motherfucker of a god hand to win on turn 1 with the Sharuum loop, and I don't see how you win on turn 1 with Zur.
>>
>>47714872
Doomsday zur
>>
File: 1464604857787.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1464604857787.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>47714872
>>47714897
>tfw a tryhard comes into our game story with these sorts of builds all the time
>my fucking face when I drop pacts on his attempts to go off on turn 1-2
>"But you'll lose if you do that!"
>"I know"
>>
>>47714996
It feels so good to catch those dickheads off guard with a force of will
>>
File: 1407971506982.png (98 KB, 288x277) Image search: [Google]
1407971506982.png
98 KB, 288x277
>>47714996
>play with really high powered decks with my friends
>go to my game store for the first time ever for edh
>steamroll everyone
That wasnt fun
>>
>>47714817
It's because he's older and shit
>>
Today i played my friends deck and he played mine,

I played primal surge and put half my library onto the field.
i was wondering why he had no ramp spells, only mana dorks and land auras. now i understand
>>
File: 1465312221235.gif (657 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465312221235.gif
657 KB, 500x281
which mono black commander do i build edhg?
>>
>>47715114

Phage
>>
>>47715114
Erebos is nice. Consistent draw and blocks big shit once you have enough devotion
>>
>>47715114
OB NIXILIS PLANESWALKER NIGGA
>fast mana ramping into Throb Nixilis so you can start pumping up to his shitty ult
>dropping winter orbs and board wipes without affecting your general
>death clouding the entire board away while Ob still stands
TRUE NIGGAS PLAY OB
>>
>>47715114
Marrow-Gnawer
>>
>>47715114
Ishan's shade
>>
>>47715114
Toshiro Umezawa.
>>
>>47715114
Haakon
>>
>>47714687
Fleshbag Marauder.
>>
>>47715157
At least his art is cool
>>
>>47715147
marrow gnawer looks pretty fun
can it be good?
>>
>>47710580
>not running Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots
>EDH
>>
>>47715114
I like Lili.
>>
>>47715246
>instant speed removal
>>
>>47714996
I would just force in response, if he didn't think to protect the combo than he is shit anyway
>>
>>47715041
The first drana is cool
>>
>>47714996
You are a true hero and a patriot
>>
>>47713288
there, got most of it. now make an account, copy, and get to typing you fucking faggot

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/becausethecuckistoolazy/
>>
>>47715114
Ionia
then call black
>>
>>47715444
i pick up my cards and leave and find a new group to play with
>>
>>47710368
Turn 3 Godo got the craziest fucking draw I've ever seen and killed the table
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-blue-alury-recycle-3cmc-creature-nly-deck/?cat=custom

Ive been sitting on this idea for a bit, but Ive hit a wall with this deck... any suggestions on utility creatures in blue green that can help? I really want to keep the gimmick of all but 2 cards are lands and creatures, but I need more interaction.
>>
File: Shock.jpg (21 KB, 304x294) Image search: [Google]
Shock.jpg
21 KB, 304x294
My older edh-deck is a tad too strong for my group, so I made another, more casual, deck.
I need 35-38 lands, so I need to cut 4-7 cards, which ones should go?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-06-16-jarad-edh/
>>
>>47710466
because he is played by Christopher Lee
>>
>>47715666
skeletal grimica and eteranl thirst maybe? you already have a bunch of sac stuff and reanimate stuff anyway, whats the use of give a cerature +1/+1s if you are maybe going to sac it?
>>
File: concerned neckbeard.png (76 KB, 270x300) Image search: [Google]
concerned neckbeard.png
76 KB, 270x300
>>47715718
Skeletal Grimace is more for Jarad himself, to protect a bit more
>>
>>47715739
that's why maro invented lightning greaves and or swiftfoot boots
>>
>>47715770
a follow up question. where is this deck going? like, what is the win con?
>>
>>47715739
Nest invader? you already have 2 spawn off of cards like Kozilek's Predator for 2 more
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/neerrth/

thoughts on this brew? might build it and play it till i decide to switch to the memes or prossh, but unsure
>>
>>47715802
It was a really fun aristocrats-deck and I thought, as Jarad+Lumberknot was a fucking beast in it, that I should make a EDH deck out of it.
TLDR: Make fatties fatter, then attack/sac.

Perhaps I should get the Meren Precon and add the eldrazi-stuff instead
>>
>>47715877
It's ok. Depends what cards you own besides the ones on the list. Some of them are probably total garbage, though. Especially the weaker support elves, which could probably just be replaced with more explosive elves, or even Craterhoof behemoth.

Dwynen is overcosted, Essence Warden is pretty bad, Immaculate Magistrate is slow, same for Lys Alana.

Meren is terrible in the 99. Experience counters just don't work if you don't have a general with the mechanic.

Reaper of the Wilds is mediocre, and I'd definitely cut Timberwatch Elf and Wellwisher.

You've got Overwhelming Stampede already, so why not Triumph of Hordes?
>>
File: 1448786767471.jpg (205 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1448786767471.jpg
205 KB, 580x580
>haven't gotten a chance to play EDH in two months
>leave tomorrow for beachhouse to spend a week hanging out with friends who play EDH
>pick up single pack of Eternal Masters, deciding to play it safe
>Get Entomb and Innocent Blood
> mfw I play Mikaeus/Grimgrin zombie tribal

Sometimes it's the modest stuff that counts
>>
File: 229.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
229.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>that one bin rare that has saved your ass/won you the game multiple times

Post 'em if you got 'em
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>47716089
>fishing through the dollar bin five years ago for EDH fodder
>receive the greatest card of all time
>>
File: 231(3).jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
231(3).jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>47716089
At least 50% of decks should be running this.
>>
>>47716207
i think you need to leave
>>
File: 217.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47716211
That card is an MVP in my Zirilan deck

>>47716089
I don't know if this is a "bin rare," but it's relatively cheap and can make some huge fucking swings
>>
>>47716218
I think you need to git gud
>>
I want to build Exava, is she any good? I assume it will have to be 1v1 only.
>>
>>47716022
craterhoof is beyond my acceptable price limit.

most of these are extras i have, reaper is always a saving grace ive found, and stampede was put in because ezuri was not as good, but i dont have a second kamhal nor a garruk. what are some more "explosive elves?
>>
>>47715936
Jarad is normally a combo machine general, though if your previous deck was retired for being too strong, that may not be the direction you want to go.
Anyway, here is my Jarad list. See if anything there looks good for you.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jarad-is-a-zombie-elf-with-no-class/
>>
>>47716207
Have you ever resolved Jokulhaups with a Necropotence in play? Instant boner.
>>
if people hate oloro, would it be better to face off against an obzedat deck instead? and why does lifegain get laughed off?
>>
>call around the 4 FLGS in town for Eternal Master packs out of morbid curiosity
>$20 a pack at one store
>$17 a pack at the other store

Hahaha wow get fucked, no thanks.

I'll just trade for what I want.
>>
>>47716356
>why does lifegain get laughed off

Because it doesn't "heal" the general-based damage, infect, or stop combos.
>>
MIZZIX FIREBALLS IS FUN AS FUCK OH MY GOOOOOD
>>
>>47716842
Sucks that the packs cost so much, hopefully some cards get the "the new art is so bad" treatment and everyone wants the old ones and the fact that it's a limited print run won't do much to lower prices or increase circulation enough , plus the fact that there is a fair possibility of trash even if you open one of the mythics in the box of which there is slim chance anyway.

In general the masters sets are just cash grabs at the prices they are marketed at, limited is ok but not worth it, spoiler season was fun and stupid at times but overall its a disappointment.
>>
>>47716842
There's a better chance of making your money back by buying 4-5 normal boosters and hoping for a planeswalker.
>>
>>47710368
The fastest I have ever personally done was turn 4 twice. Once with Nekusar. Three people all playing green let me untap with a waste not and I just chained wheels into pain engines into death for all the other players. Needless to say I never get to untap with waste not anymore.

Also turn foured someone with purphorous in a 1v1 game. Turn 1 Sol ring, turn 2 purphorous, turn 3 impact tremors and chandra's spitfire, turn 4 seige gang commander swing for 24 with the spitfire plus all the etb damage I had done. Was the first game I ever played with the deck, never been that lucky since.
>>
>>47715514
How did he have the mana to cast AND suit up Godo AND kill the table T3? Forgive my skepticism
>>
alright /edhg, I'm looking to build something new, decided on BWG enchantment stax. Anyone know some spicy wincons?
>>
>>47717326
Throw in a ulamog with your green ramp spells.
>>
>>47717326
By wincons do you mean things that actually win the game or things that make your opponents quit out of frustration? If it's the latter then you can never go wrong with humility + night of souls betrayals lock backed up by karmic justice and greater auromancy, most people just scoop to that once it's online.
>>
Been having fun using Zurgo lately, I don't know why people here rate him badly then when asked for a good voltron commander they reply with absolute shit like Kalemne (lol) or other terrible ones who they think are somehow better.

There's no better feeling than making an Izzet using faggot eat his own shit with an Obliterate while Zurgo is on the field.
>>
>>47717413
Hold it
>>
>>47717525
I feel like it's one guy who got completely annihilated by Zurgo one night and shitposts about him since then

I play Zurgo and there's a Godo deck in my group, and when we play 2HG together it's like the Legion of fucking Doom stepped on the scene
>>
File: 98.jpg (75 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
75 KB, 312x445
>>47716089
There are both a Krenko and a Talrand player in my group, and they are often at the table at the same time.
>>
Why is the edh banlist total nonsense? I understand why Braids can't be a commander, even though I think it's pretty silly, but there is literally no reason it can't be in the 99.

On the same coin, why is something like Kiki Jiki or Mikaleus the Unhallowed allowed when they're clearly designed as combo engines? I just don't get it personally and nowhere seems to have consistent rational as to why things are banned. Sure, it makes sense to ban all those zero cost artifacts you can tap for mana, but then why the fuck wasn't mana crypt banned?

The worst part about this whole fiasco is that the website includes "These cards (and others like them) should not be played". What does that gobbledygook even mean? Why are certain things banned that allow extra turns while other things arent?

I think the whole thing is just silly.
>>
>>47718052
You just don't understand the sheer genius that is Sheldon or the delicate balance involved in his perfect banlist.
>>
>>47718052
sheldon bans cards that make him butthurt

prophet got banned because he got blown out by a UG deck

it says that cards "should not" be played because he's too much of a pussy to have real rules for the format
>>
File: GitGudFrog.jpg (9 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
GitGudFrog.jpg
9 KB, 231x244
>blue spells make you take extra turns
>islands produce blue mana
>in the intrest of fair play the color blue is now banned from edh
- Sheldon
>>
>>47716252
She's fun.
>>
>>47718192
He also owns the worlds largest collection of regular and promo mana crypts, with the reprint id expect a price hike before he sells them all then bans it
>>
File: face explosion colour.jpg (504 KB, 764x744) Image search: [Google]
face explosion colour.jpg
504 KB, 764x744
>>47718177
>>47718192
Wait, so some random guy just arbitrarily decided which cards should be banned, then half-assed it so he wouldn't have to put work into cascading bans? Why have a banlist in the first place? I think it's much more logical to have creatures that are banned as commanders, rather than broad spectrum bans, and cards that you can't even have in your 99 because they're obviously willy wonka.

Also, why the fuck is balance banned but winter orb legal? That's literally the most fair card printed. What, is someone going to run some intentional self-land destruction deck so as soon as balance comes into play everyone has no lands?

I'm mad about things I have no control over because nothing is explained in the depth I expected.
>>
I mulliganed to 5 today and lost against what I assume was a 12 year old to a Ichorclaw Myr enchanted with Ensoul Artifact. He played Slip Through Space to get past my blocker.

Turn 4. Against a child.
>>
>>47718278
has anybody told sheldon that it'd be easier for him to make money if he bought stocks

like in 10 or 20 years magic cards will be literally worthless, what happens to his collection then
>>
>>47718301
You don't want Balance unbanned. Trust me.
>>
>>47718323
Can you explain because I'm clearly too dumb to see the problem.
>>
File: 145285736458.jpg (12 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
145285736458.jpg
12 KB, 325x325
>>47718311
wouldnt even be mad, the kid is going places
Id rather lose in a few turns to a kid with skills than some grouphug durdle turtle that takes 4 hours

That kid is the GitGud Kid
>>
>>47718311
That's okay anon. I lost to my brother, using a deck that I spent over a month building, to something he slapped together in 20 minutes while I was doing the dishes. I was turbo embarrassed.
>>
>>47718315
His collection get him mad pussy, one year a woman rejected his advances and he banned anything with a vagina from the format entirely
>>
>>47718301
its funny because it was like that before

i think that we had 4 or 5 things banned as commnader, if i remember correctly it was emrakul, black braids, erayo, rofellos, and something else maybe, i don't remember anymore, then there was a seperate banlist for cards that weren't 'allowed' in decks

there's no real reasoning behind the banlist at all but >>47718323 is definitely correct about balance because if you build around it it essentially forces people to sacrifice all of their lands and creatures and discard their hands

have fun being mad forever because sheldor is never going to explain anything
>>
>>47718311
I want to play against him, that sounds like a kind of fun deck
>>
>>47718345
Balance is going to be cast in a situation that would qualify it as a "fair card" roughly .01% of the time.
>>
>>47710368
Turn 2 ulamog drop in mimeoplasm. I don't know why it was threatening considering I couldn't even exile when he entered.
>>
>>47718345
It devours hands. Land a good enchantment or artifact and use it properly, it is a two mana Armageddon that makes all your opponents lose their hand and all creatures.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.