[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Humans survive only with the help of a god. >A player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: wat.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
>The Humans survive only with the help of a god.
>A player complain that my setting is misanthropic

Is that misanthropic?
>>
>>47696050
Is it?
>>
>>47696050
>humans are unable to change their fate, or affect the world they live in to save themselves
>they are slaves to their fate and machinations of the higher powers
Yep, sounds misanthropic.
I don't get why you would complain about it, though.
>>
>>47696050
Depends on what they're up against, but not by itself, no.
>>
>>47696050
>who cares if it is
>>
Is your setting particularly dangerous, where it makes survival without a divine patron rare or even impossible?
>>
Yeah, but so what?
>>
>>47696067
>>they are slaves to their fate and machinations of the higher powers
that's railroading not misanthropy
>>
>>47696050
No. In misanthropic setting they wouldn't survive, with the god that had helped them being one of things that destroyed them. Then pissed on their dead bodies.
Your player is just an entitled HFY-fag. Fuck his mouth.
>>
>>47696075
Yes.
>>
>>47696086
Anon, can you name even one thing, one single thing you did that without a doubt will be remembered by generations to come?
I didn't think so.

You are a speck in a vast universe, a speck that will neither change anything, nor will be remembered.
You are a slave to your human nature and your human body that will always limit you from achieving enlightenment or transcedence.
You will never amount to anything. Neither will I or anyone else, for that matter.
Only humanity as whole MIGHT matter in the universal scale, and even that is unlikely.

So believe me when I say it's misanthropy, and not railroading.

You know about the strong anthropic principle, i.e. universe exists so someone can observe it?
Well, the inverse might also be true.
We might exist solely for the purpose of existential horror to realize that we aren't needed and will not amount to anything, not by the universe or anything else for that matter.
>>
>>47696117
Then I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>47696179
Is that what you tell yourself to feel a little better about how pathetic your life probably is?
>>
>>47696319
That in the grand scheme of things humanity as a whole might matter? I try to, but I don't really believe it.
>>
>>47696050

>>47695242 sound familiar?
>>
>>47696050

Context. Why does the god need to watch over the humans? Why doesn't said god solve the issue itself so it can direct its focus on more important stuff?
>>
>>47696179
>we aren't needed and will not amount to anything, not by the universe or anything else for that matter

Every time I see someone spout this crap I can't help but wonder "who gives a shit"
>>
File: 1433827056538.jpg (1 MB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
1433827056538.jpg
1 MB, 1200x811
>>47696179
WE EXIST TO CONQUER, RULE, CONTROL, SUBJUGATE AND EXPAND!

HUMANITY WILL NOT BOW TO THE VOID, HUMANITY WILL BRING THE VOID LOW AND RULE OVER IT... WE WILL MAKE OURSELVES GODS

Existentialism is for losers, humanity will survive and grow until we are the ones writing the rules
>>
>>47697178
Exactly! The only parts of the universe which *define* "amounting to anything" are, well, us. Rocks don't care.

So of course we amount to something. After all, mattering is a wholly human concept, and why should we cede it to a dozen billion light-years of hard vacuum solely on the grounds of scale and age?

We are, as far as we know, the most important thing in the entire universe. We mean something because, empirically, we seem to find ourselves meaningful, and we're the ones that count.
>>
>>47697178
"who gives a shit" is kind of the point. The acceptance that we, as a species, are the unwanted children of an absent god, that meaning and value are fictions invented by us and that our existence is without purpose or significance is very freeing for some people. We're swirling around in a maelstrom, hovering over an abyss, and our boat came without a rudder. So is everyone else. The history of the human species is an attempt to mar the deadening silence of reality with our own voices. Every work of art, every great institution, every monument, every doctrine of thought, was someone's attempt to scream out "I am here." Every once in a while, someone's message was "I am here, and I love you." Chances are, a good number of them knew that it didn't really mean anything and it didn't really amount to anything, but a fathomless void full of voices screaming "I am here" is preferable to a fathomless void empty and silent. We don't have anything to lose that we're not eventually going to lose anyway, so we've got no excuse not to give it our all. Tomorrow is going to suck, and we'll be forgotten the day after, so let's at least give today our best because nothing else really matters.
>>
File: HFno.png (284 KB, 657x1523) Image search: [Google]
HFno.png
284 KB, 657x1523
>>47697391
>>
>>47697673
Yeah. But for others it's a depressing mantra of "why bother?"
>>
>>47698069
Isn't that the guy who crowdfunded a book printing and then set all the books on fire because no one was willing to give him money just for being alive
>>
>>47698069
christ this artist is such a huge whiny faggot
>>
>>47697391
Or maybe we'll blow ourselves up tomorrow.
>>
>>47698602
We haven't blown ourselves up yet so....
>>
>>47698517
Judging by the kind of shit they pulled later, I think they're more "actual massive brain problems."
>>
>>47696179
>nothing I do matters
R A I L R O A D
A
I
L
R
O
A
D
>>
>>47697391
>Existentialism is for losers

Realizing that the lack of objective meaning gives you the power, or even responsibility, to define your own fate is for losers?
>>
>>47698984
If nothing has meaning, then all the fates you choose from are meaningless.

Loser.
>>
>>47698083
Camus vs. Sartre, etc.
>>
>>47699036
You're confusing intrinsic and relative meaning.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 500x600
>>47696086
Do yourself a favor and look up what railroading is.
>>
File: 1465456030451.png (196 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465456030451.png
196 KB, 640x640
>>47698984
Realistically speaking, it does neither. The evidence for this abounds in modern society. The existentialist movement is the most crushing objective failure of a philosophical trend since Kantian ethics.
>>
>>47696104
>Your player is just an entitled HFY-fag. Fuck his mouth.
Found the self hating misanthrope.
>>
>>47699096
>implying relative meaning is a thing

>>47699148
>Kantian ethics.
Naw. Shits all up in our legal system.
>>
>>47697391
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>47697673
Anyone have that dinosaur Thor saying "This world is what we make of it, brothers; let us make it good."
>>
>>47696050
Doesn't matter. Your players came to you and said 'Hey your setting is misanthropic and we don't like it'.

Are you going to go back to them and say 'Well some guys on the internet forum I go to say you're wrong so I'm not changing anything'

You're running a game for your friends, try and eke some constructive feedback out of their complaints and make the game something more enjoyable for them instead of coming here to get feedback and double-down on your position.
>>
>>47698602
>>47698517
I don't think we're gonna blow ourselves up any time ever.

See, when the nukes are launched that's it. Whoever they were launched at is fucked. Even if people survive the blast, radiation will plague them for generations. Humanity will not necessarily go extinct though, there will be people around to remember and rebuild. People who will remember how monstrous your country was for launching nukes. It will be like Nazi Germany times 11, historians will hold up your government and culture as the pinnacle of sin for as long as civilization continues.

You can't save anyone by launching retaliation nukes, you can only seal your own fate. I think the people with their finger on the button know that.

Imagine Russia launches an attack on the US, in response, the US launches several ground to air intercept missiles but not one single nuke. When the dust clears after the attack, Russia will be an indisputable villain, and they'll probably have a revolution on their hands- not to mention a depleted nuclear arsenal. In this timeline, historians will chronicle the noble sacrifices of the US made to save the lives of the citizens living under the despotic Russian regime, the hard choice the president had to make for the continuation of the human race.
>>
File: r a d i c a l f r e e d o m.png (563 KB, 900x898) Image search: [Google]
r a d i c a l f r e e d o m.png
563 KB, 900x898
>>47699054
Sartre is always the best.
>>
>>47698517
>>47698686
>>47698463
B.T.F.O.
>>
>>47696281
>>47696281
>>47696281
>>
>>47698069
>beat a video game very quickly
>"you are terrible"

Speedrunners do a lot of charity work. Look at GDQ. But it makes sense that this guy wanted to project some of his own self-loathing onto other people.

Cunt.
>>
>>47698069
>muh third worlders
>technological progress, miniaturization, and optimization doesn't matter
>radical revolutions in human civilization have never and wI'll never come about because of new technology
What a faggot.
>>
File: Let Us Make Good.jpg (227 KB, 1235x766) Image search: [Google]
Let Us Make Good.jpg
227 KB, 1235x766
>>47699218
It's fucking Beta-ray Bill you savage.
>>
>>47699761
Thanks anon
>>
>>47699761
Then why is he dressed up as Thor? Checkmate.
>>
>>47696319
>the "m-my life totally objectively matters bro" retard
Seriously kill yourself.

>>47696050
Why are people so shit at reading dictionaries?
A fact of the setting that doesn't imply hatred of humanity can't be misanthropic.
Does the fact humanity depends on Earth's athmosphere to exist sound misanthropic to you?

I swear to god /tg/ is getting more retarded every year.
>>
>>47699761
looks like a dinothor to me, bro
>>
>>47699820
>>the "m-my life totally objectively matters bro" retard
>Seriously kill yourself.
It objectively matters to him, and perhaps to others as well.
>>
>>47699271
>>>/sp/
>>
>>47699808

Because Bill was worthy to lift Mjolnir. This got him brought to Asgard. When Odin realized Bill could wield Thor's power, Odin had Bill fight Thor to the death for the hammer. Odin, being a bit of a dick set the challenge on a lava world (Bill, for reasons, is highly resistant to fire). When Bill decided that he could not honorably allow Thor to die in a rigged challenge in order to claim the Hammer, Odin decided to make Bill his own Hammer called Stormbreaker.
>>
>>47696050
fictional settings, by coincidence or not, might have dark, negative, or controversial themes which may or may not reflect the opinions and values of the authors of the setting

WOW!

nah your player is retarded
>>
>>47699836
not that guy you're responding to, but

that's literally the definition of subjective
>>
>>47698069
i think this guy might be thinking way, way, way too hard about why people like entertainment
>>
>>47699836
>it objectively matters to him
Like I said, read a fucking dictionary.
/tg/ is getting dumber and you are part of the problem.
>>
>>47696050
It's not misanthropic, but I'd take a huge morale hit to playing in the game anyways.

That implies all the effort you're putting in isn't worth shit. The God can do this shit with or without you, you can't say the same thing. Why are you there then? To see it? Maybe if you make a character who wants to write epics or stories. But most of my characters would be motivated to fight for themselves, finding out they can't do that would kill it IC and OoC.
>>
>>47699831
More like Horsethor if you ask me.
>>
>>47699925
I know

>>47699982
Ask yourself, does it really matter whether something is objective or not? Does it really matter if we objectively do not (or do) have a purpose?

TL;DR: you're a pedantic cunt more concerned with words than meaning.
>>
>>47700024
>does it really matter whether something is objective or not?
If you don't care about the difference, why are you arguing about it in terms of objective of subjective? You are going 110% full retard.
>>
>>47700024
>does it matter
When you are calling someone else pathetic for recognizing how insignificant humans are in comparison to the universe? Yes it does. You are a cunt, your life doesn't matter more than the guy you called pathetic, and you are a dumbass for being unable to use the proper definitions of words.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>47700024
>>47700060
alright children, kiss and make up
>>
>>47700075
I don't normally kiss morons.
>>
>>47700060
>If you don't care about the difference, why are you arguing about it in terms of objective of subjective?
Because it's pointless to do so, as you (or whoever) is.

>>47700070
>Implying I'm the guy who called you pathetic
It literally doesn't matter if humans are significant or insignificant, in relation to anything or everything.
>>
>>47700098
It does when you are calling others pathetic for that view, and I am not the guy who was called pathetic.
I am the guy that dislikes when a retard thinks calling someone pathetic somehow is an argument for humanity's importance.

If you think calling someone pathetic is any way a valid form of arguing against someone's views then not only are you illiterate (as proven before by your incapability to use words correctly) but you are also cancer that fucks conversations up.
>>
>>47700165
>It does when you are calling others pathetic for that view
I just said I wasn't; literacy is a good skill to have, anon.

>you
>you
>you
Anonymous image boards sure are fun, aren't they.
>>
>>47696050
>pass judgement on an entire setting based off one sentence
>>
>>47698069
>taking a great interest and enjoying things is WRONG and POINTLESS
>you are either STUPID or a WHITE MALE SUPREMACIST
>MUH THIRD WORLD
>and everyone who joins a community is a HUGBOX DWELLING SOFT SKINNED LAYABOUT

The best part is, based on that draw a cartoon bit, I think he's aiming it at himself too.
What an absolute turbocuck.
>>
>>47700178
>when you do x implies him
I'm not going to explain the non-specified subject usage of "you" to you, just stop reaching and admit you picked a stupid rucking fight then made a fool of yourself.
I mean, that "it's objective to him!" alone was worth an entry in the hall of shame
>>
>>47700334
>he still doesn't get the point
You may not be pathetic, but you sure as hell are autistic.
>>
>>47696319
>my life matters on a universal scale

Haha, no.
>>
>>47700384

Says the faggot who can't think up a better reply than to accuse the less retarded person in the argument of being autistic.

Keep controlling that damage, kiddo.
>>
>>47700384
Man your posts are pathetic!
>>
>>47700453
>anon calls someone out for making a big deal about man's universal irrelevance
>queue damage control
>so concerned about winning an internet fight you don't even listen to what you're saying.

>>47700488
And your mother drinks herself to sleep every night, hoping that the alcohol will wipe away the memories of the living abortion that is her son.
>>
>>47699982
>>47699836

By your own logic the term objectively is moot.
>>
>>47699239
I... what?
>>
>>47700561
The term itself isn't important, and attaches undue importance to itself.
>>
>>47700529
>can't make a proper argument
>muh internet fight
>doesn't aknowledge shitty behavior and thinks he has the duty to call out people who call out shitty behavior
>shitposts to cope with his inability to make a point
>thinks he has some e-cred he needs to defend and keeps replying
No, seriously, this is actually pathetic.
>>
All these HFY retards need to be gassed.

Nothing lasts forever.

Humanity is a drop in the ocean compared to the vastness and age of the universe.

We will be extinguished some day. Probably due to our hubris.
>>
>>47700589
Calling someone pathetic is obviously shitty behavior to anyone with empathy, it doesn't need to be called out.

>all greentext
I could literally copy paste this, and it would be just as applicable to you.
>>
>>47700593
HFN retards are even more annoying, as is any movement that's purely reactionary.
>>
>>47700593
>accepting transience
>thinking there is honor or glory, or even good, in death
>accepts nature, rather than seeking to make it his own
I weep for you, anon.
>>
File: live with purpose.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
live with purpose.gif
47 KB, 306x469
>ITT
>>
>>47696050
Why do the PCs exist? What are they there for? What can they accomplish that matters?
>>
File: hypocrite.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
hypocrite.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
>>47700593

>Muh nothing is important
Then why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>47700617
Except you couldn't point out a single inconsistency or misuse of a term on my posts, unlike your shitposts.
If you are going to start an argument at least bring something to back you up, don't just barge in shitposting and expect people to take your pathetic self seriously.
>>
>>47700671
Thanks for all the (you)s, anon.
>>
>>47700669
Subjective importance of his life. You don't need universe to care for you to care.
>>
>>47700685
Then why care that the universe doesn't care?
I don't give a shit if everything is temporary, that nothing lasts forever.
I am going to live forever, or I am going to go down kicking and screaming.
Anything less than pursuit of immortality is an absolute waste of time.
>>
>>47700645
>accepting immutable facts

You should try it sometime.

Humanity will be erased from existence one day. Nothing any of us do will matter in the grand scheme of things.

Aceept it and move on.

>>47700669
I'm enjoying my life dipshit.
>>
>>47700731
>immutable
Over my dead fucking body; acceptance is cowardice.

>grand scheme
You imply that there is one.
>>
>>47700731
You're one of the most pathetic dipshits I have ever seen.

There is no grand scheme of things outside of our own perception.
>>
>>47700766
>Over my dead fucking body
Exactly.

You will die and nothing you've done in life will matter.

You can kick and scream about it all you want. It's going to happen.

At least enjoy your life while you can instead of worrying about somethign unattainable like immortality.
>>
File: 1430852772636.jpg (63 KB, 438x470) Image search: [Google]
1430852772636.jpg
63 KB, 438x470
>>47700801
>>
>>47698463
The kickstarter was a definite success (raised more than $50,000 with an original goal of something like $8,000), but he had a meltdown because he's got some sort of crazy or another.
>>
>>47698069
>mfw all that complaining only matters to cuck ears who care about shitskins
>>
>>47698083
"Why bother?" is a challenge, not an excuse.
>>
>>47697391
What you are describing sounds like existentialism to me.

Existentialism is not nihilism.
>>
>>47700838
>You will die and nothing you've done in life will matter.
It won't matter in relation to what? The universe? I don't give half a damn what the universe thinks.

>You can kick and scream about it all you want. It's going to happen.
And how are you so sure of this? Whether or not it WILL happen is irrelevant, what matters is how you respond to it. Acceptance is cowardice.

>At least enjoy your life while you can instead of worrying about somethign unattainable like immortality.
Ah, so you're a hedonist then. A finite lifetime is a perfectly fine way to spend the few precious decades you have to exist so long as it's enjoyable, right?

>unattainable
Says you.
>>
>>47700801
There are no "things" outside of our own perception.

The human phenomenon is but densely coiled layers of illusion.
>>
>>47700903
>I don't give half a damn what the universe thinks.

The universe doesn't think. And in a shockingly small amount of time, neither will you.
>>
>>47696876
That's a good point. AM from I have No Mouth and I must Scream keeps people alive, but because he HATES them.

A God or Godlike being could also keep people because it needs their worship to survive ,or for food.
>>
>>47700913
>illusion
How can there be illusion if there is no truth?

Whatever consciousness -is-, it exists, and we partake in it. Whether or not freewill is real or not is irrelevant; it appears real from our subjective perspective, and such is how we act.

>>47700928
>The universe doesn't think.
Exactly, which is why I give it even less care than an insect. I don't care how long the universe has been around if all it's done in that time is obstinately exist.

>And in a shockingly small amount of time, neither will you.
We'll see about that; remember anon, going with the flow only leads to you going over the waterfall.
>>
>>47700903
>It won't matter in relation to what? The universe? I don't give half a damn what the universe thinks.
The feeling is mutual. It's been around longer than you have and will be there long after you die.

>And how are you so sure of this? Whether or not it WILL happen is irrelevant, what matters is how you respond to it. Acceptance is cowardice.
Denial is foolishness. See, I can come up with catchphrases too.

>Ah, so you're a hedonist then. A finite lifetime is a perfectly fine way to spend the few precious decades you have to exist so long as it's enjoyable, right?
And how do you spend your life Mr Edgelord Fedora-san? In your secret lab, toiling away to unlock the secret of immortality?

You're as much of a hedonist as anyone. You're not contributing to humanity's progress, you're shitposting on a chinese cartoon board.
>>
File: CBcYmjsVIAA4A_0.png large.png (232 KB, 714x595) Image search: [Google]
CBcYmjsVIAA4A_0.png large.png
232 KB, 714x595
>>47700913
>There are no "things" outside of our own perception.
Now there's a wise man. Indeed, reality is entirely a subjective ideational construct, but that's because we're all fragments of the immanent Akashic godhead. Pursue the swirl of the root and you can be truly enlightened and realize your divinity.
>>
>>47700972
You'll paddle against the flow and then turn into a fish, then into an entity that no longer swims. And then entropy will kill you anyways, even if it takes so long that the entire Universe is an infinite, perfect mausoleum, cold, motionless.

Forever.

Dead forever.

Everything dead forever.
>>
>>47700990
>The feeling is mutual. It's been around longer than you have and will be there long after you die.
Age does not imply wisdom.

>Denial is foolishness.
Only if you are denying irrevocably absolute facts, of which the inevitably of death is not.

>And how do you spend your life Mr Edgelord Fedora-san? In your secret lab, toiling away to unlock the secret of immortality?
I work, I contribute to civilization, I make myself as useful as one man could hope to be in a species of seven billion, and I support the scientific endeavors as best I can. Beating death isn't a one man endeavor, it requires everyone from farmers to mechanics to bankers to teachers to any other job you could think of. We could probably do with optimizing our priorities as a civilization, but everyone is important, and everyone contributes in their own way.

>You're as much of a hedonist as anyone. You're not contributing to humanity's progress, you're shitposting on a chinese cartoon board.
Not true, the only people who don't contribute are NEETs, welfare dumpsters, and mountain men. So long as you produce a single dollar of worth more value than you consume, you are contributing, however slightly, to humanity.
>>
>>47701086
>You'll paddle against the flow and then turn into a fish, then into an entity that no longer swims.
Or perhaps I'll grab a branch and pull myself out of the river.

>And then entropy will kill you anyways, even if it takes so long that the entire Universe is an infinite, perfect mausoleum, cold, motionless.
>Forever.
>Dead forever.
>Everything dead forever.
Then let there be light.
>>
File: capitalism.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>47701098
The problem is that you equate progress with profit.

Capitalism only generates wealth. It doesn't progress humanity. Why do you think space exploration is entirely state-funded?
>>
File: neetfrog.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
neetfrog.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>47701098
NEET here.

Thanks for the NEETbucks wagecuck.
>>
File: BasedCarl.png (371 KB, 1887x1343) Image search: [Google]
BasedCarl.png
371 KB, 1887x1343
>>47701157
But capitalism does progress humanity, just at its own pace and not in such conspicuous (and important) ways like space exploration.

Besides, where is the state to find the tax dollars to fund space exploration, if not for the capitalist economy? More profits mean more taxes, which hopefully means more scientific progress in those areas which the private markets deem uneconomic, as of now.
>>
>>47701175
You are a subhuman worm and I hope the rancid fumes from your piss jugs bring you an early death while you sleep.
>>
File: ticktockwagecuck.jpg (137 KB, 767x560) Image search: [Google]
ticktockwagecuck.jpg
137 KB, 767x560
>>47701203
How mad are you that despite me not contributing anything to society, I still get to enjoy the fruits of YOUR labor?

Now get back to work wagecuck. I need my NEETbucks and Mr Goldberg needs a new holiday home.
>>
>>47701233
Extremely; if there were such a thing as a defective man, it would be one who does not take joy, or even feel the need, to enrich his fellows.

>dae le jews
>>>/pol/
>>
>>47701157
If capitalism WAS about profit there would be manned space facilities. But Americans put in charge of cash tend to think profit equals cutting costs and lose sight of long term investments for higher profits at later time. For the first time in humanity people are living long enough to see these decisions bite them in the ass, so maybe manned space stations will finally happen.

>transistors killed the manned space station

No, transistors made one time launches cheaper, but satellites still need to be replaced. Had we followed through with a transistor based sattelite the savings would have been comparable, with a far cheaper to set up space station and far cheaper resupply when little transistors burn out. Instead, we still need entire sattelite replacement launches for single transistors burning out... That's 50 million per launch at the cheapest. A station could also hold MUCH more equipment and end most of the issues with satellites sharing orbit.
>>
>>47698069
Has this guy killed himself yet? He sounded close when he went tranny and burned all his books and deleted his website.
>>
>>47696050
>>47696074
This, why would it matter? Misanthropy is a function of many harsh settings.
>>
>>47701460
Because edgy HFY fags think that humanity is irreproachable.
>>
>>47701591
Men are fallible, and thus Man is. This doesn't mean we shouldn't have control.
>>
>>47701642
Can you control plate tectonics or the atmosphere?
Can you control asteroids or..
I mean, come on anon
>>
>>47701701
>Can you control plate tectonics or the atmosphere?
>Can you control asteroids or..
>I mean, come on anon

There's no reason why we couldn't, beyond current technological limitations.
>>
>>47701642
Yes it does.

Can't wait until a comet falls from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Better learn to swin anon.
>>
>>47697502
That's what I subscribe to. As far as we can tell, we're the only beings in the universe capable of even pondering the idea of us being meaningful. So as far as we're concerned, we literally ARE all that matters. The universe does revolve around us. Because there are no other perspectives. The idea that just because an empty vacuum extends for really far distances and occasionally had another star or something doesn't mean that we don't matter. Because tell me, what else does matter?
>>
>>47701769
>Can't wait until a comet falls from the sky
We'll shoot it down.

>Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
We'll shoot them down, and build seawalls. And then rebuild.

>Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
I'm not a geophysicist, so I don't know the counter to that, but I'm sure there's some crazy ideas from the 60's floating around.

>Better learn to swin anon.
I already know how :^)
>>
>>47701727
Ok so why is anon's setting bad? For not being at the technological level to cater to your tastes?
And you need more hard sci fi in your life if you think we are anywhere near close to that scale of tech.
>>
>>47701805
We don't have the tech to do any of those things anon.

We already get raped by earthquakes and tsunamis. If a comet fell on this rock we'd be toast.

I can't wait to see the look on the HFY faggots' faces.

Humans are weak and fragile creatures. There are so many things that can kill us. HFY fags need to be put back in their place.
>>
>>47701828
I wasn't aware this was about anon's setting; there's nothing wrong with it, in that case.

>>47701842
>ha ha, I can't wait for everything to go tits up, me included, just to see those optimistic, hopefull COCKSUCKERS faces :^)
You sound pretty psychopathic, anon; you should go talk to a therapist.

>We don't have the tech to do any of those things anon.
Yet, and with how closely we're watching for that shit, you'd be damn sure there'd be rush for that shit if someone so much as implied that it wouldn't be a near miss.

>Humans are weak and fragile creatures.
Individually, and even then, we're some of the toughest bastards on the planet; there are a lot of things much weaker and much more fragile than we.

>There are so many things that can kill us.
And that list shrinks every day, every year.

>HFY fags need to be put back in their place.
You're perfectly okay with having humanity be vulnerable and weak for the sake of feeling superior to some nerds online?
Holy shit dude, you're fucking insane.
>>
>>47699831
No, that's Thorse, the horse with the power of Thor.
>>
>>47701911
>You sound pretty psychopathic, anon; you should go talk to a therapist.
I'm a misanthrope not a psychopath.

>Yet, and with how closely we're watching for that shit, you'd be damn sure there'd be rush for that shit if someone so much as implied that it wouldn't be a near miss.
Too little too late.

>Individually, and even then, we're some of the toughest bastards on the planet; there are a lot of things much weaker and much more fragile than we.
No we're not. Most people couldn't survive more than a few days in the wild. Take away our comforts and technology and we're weak and fragile Loads of animals could maul us to death.

>You're perfectly okay with having humanity be vulnerable and weak for the sake of feeling superior to some nerds online?
I don't feel superior to you. I'm one of you. HFY fags are the ones with the superiority complex. Just remember that pride always comes before a fall and when humanity falls it's gonna be a long one.
>>
>>47701911
See OP.
>>
>>47701973
>I'm a misanthrope not a psychopath.
Literally no difference between the two.

>Too little too late.
Not necessarily, we watch for things pretty far away. It'll take a few months after we notice something big enough to fuck us hard.

>No we're not. Most people couldn't survive more than a few days in the wild. Take away our comforts and technology and we're weak and fragile Loads of animals could maul us to death.
Except that's not true you idiot; humans are still extremely durable and tough creatures in respect to lots of stuff, the exception being literal apex predators and the like. Even without technology, fallen humans are still going to be living in groups, and those groups are going to have enough knowledge between them to be marginally successful.

Now, if everyone was dropped into the wilderness on their lonesome magically, then yes, lots of people would die immediately.

>I don't feel superior to you. I'm one of you. HFY fags are the ones with the superiority complex. Just remember that pride always comes before a fall and when humanity falls it's gonna be a long one.
Except your not one of me, since I am a HFYfag.
If humanity falls, we'll just pick ourselves right back up afterwards, brush ourselves off, and give a right proper uppercut to whatever pushed us down.
>>
>itt anon asks a yes/no question and /tg/ launches into a debate about philosophy.
>>
>>47702033
These threads are pretty par for the course, anon. It's the same five or ten people per side every time, too.
I'm one of them
>>
>>47702031
>If humanity falls, we'll just pick ourselves right back up afterwards, brush ourselves off, and give a right proper uppercut to whatever pushed us down.
Reality isn't like your sci fi movies anon. All great civilizations eventually fall.

I'm just sad I won't be around to witness humanity's downfall.

I wonder if it be a natural disaster or if we'll nuke ourselves to death. Either way I'm sure it'll be entertaining.
>>
>>47702112
>All great civilizations eventually fall.
And they all continue, in some way or another; The Romans fell, and the West carried on their legacy; China has gone through a dozen great civilizations by this point.

>
I'm just sad I won't be around to witness humanity's downfall.
>I wonder if it be a natural disaster or if we'll nuke ourselves to death. Either way I'm sure it'll be entertaining.
I am sincerely concerned for your mental health, anon; Why do you hate your fellows so much?
>>
>>47702143
>I am sincerely concerned for your mental health, anon; Why do you hate your fellows so much?
Look around you anon.

Humans are selfish, vain, cruel, destructive creatures.

The good news is that we'll probably end up destroying ourselves. It's a wonder we haven't already.
>>
>>47702213
>Humans are selfish, vain, cruel, destructive creatures.
And we are also altruistic, humble, kind, and creative.
We are combinations of any of the above, and beyond.
Humans are wondrous BECAUSE we are good, and because we are evil; humanity is so wonderful and worth protecting simply because of how dynamic we are; the stories we create simply by existing.
How can you know a good man without knowing an evil one?
>>
>>47702245
We are good only when it benefits us. Very few people are truly kind and altruistic.

I honestly believe that mankind's nature is selfish and cruel.

Learn to swim anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8
>>
>>47702296
There is only a difference between true goodness and incidental goodness, only if there is such a thing as true goodness. There is not.

>I honestly believe that mankind's nature is selfish and cruel.
We're very bad at being so, then.

>Learn to swim anon.
Nah, we have boats.

Also, your taste in music is pretty shit.
>>
>>47702330
Nah mate humans are evil, selfish cunts and we deserve to be annihilated.

Every day, almost everything I see reinforces this sentiment.

Also, Tool is patrician you fag. You probably listen to Dragonforce or Hammerfall like most of the plebs here.
>>
>>47702368
You see what you want to see, anon.

And no, your taste is most assuredly plebeian, along with anyone and everyone who enjoys power metal, let alone metal in general.
>>
>>47702399
>You see what you want to see, anon.
Maybe. I've considered that it might be confirmation bias but then, that can also be applid to your point of view.

>And no, your taste is most assuredly plebeian, along with anyone and everyone who enjoys power metal, let alone metal in general.
So what do you listen to then?
>>
>>47702446
>So what do you listen to then?
Plebeian shit as well, mostly classic rock. We're all plebes, anon.
>>
>This entire thread

You people are fucking stupid.

Do what you want to, not because 'muh human mission' or
'muh nihilism boo hoo the universe will end in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years so all human achivement is worthless'

You people make me sick.
>>
>>47702778
>radical individualism
disgusting
>>
File: laughing death.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing death.gif
2 MB, 360x270
No matter who's right, dying still sucks. Maybe life sucks, but dying sucks more.

It doesn't matter if there's a God or a Heaven or a Hell. It doesn't matter if there's /none/ of those things.

Dying sucks.

Look at this smug git. He's laughing at us and we can't do jack about it.

Just sitting there eating popcorn while we get sick or get hit by cars or get struck by lightning or even just dropping dead for reasons our doctors can't explain yet.

Now there's something we can agree on, right?
>>
>>47705037
Dying only sucks because we don't know what comes after.
>>
>>47702368
>Deserve

Who determines what anyone "deserves?" The idea that one can be objectively Good or Evil requires that there be an external, infalible Judge.
>>
>>47702778
But anon, if I do what I want for no reason other than wanting it, isn't that just acting like a small child?

Did the toddlers have it right all along?
>>
>>47705037
Unless you're suicidally depressed and think that death is the only way out.

But past the whole thread arguing over each other of their need for dad I mean god and I MAKE MY OWN DESTINY WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS and "I'm so human, that's why I like to stereotype everyone like horny apes and say that's how it should be and lone alphaomegasigmadeltaepsilon.", the question OP made.

I don't think it's misanthropic to say that a person is the best for helping others. What hate for humanity is there for a being greater than humanity saving the human race from a fate that is beyond the current scope of humanity's ability to survive?

Even if we go past the "the god is a dick and half assed the saving of humanity", and into the overall themes of human being helpless without a deity, what analogue do we have to real life? That without an all powerful figure in your life when the worst comes, you need someone to step in? That without gods man is nothing? Are we going to go into superhero mythos or something? I can't see it that way, at that point, it's cthulu mythos, where things are beyond humanity and humanity is small, so having something that wishes to help, is no different than humanitarian aid.
>>
>>47705163
And here come the edgy philosophy majors who'll argue that torturing a puppy to death isn't necessarily evil since everything is subjective.

This is exactly why humanity deserves to be erased.
>>
>>47705193
You. I like you.
>>
>>47702368
You and alot of people remind me of JRPG antagonists.
>>
>>47705204
It's subjectively evil to us because of our organic empathy towards fellow mammals, especially young ones, as well as life in general.

While torturing a puppy may not be objectively evil, anyone who does so is objectively a broken human, and I (nor anyone else) will feel any regret from smashing their face in.
>>
>>47705204
It's subjective if and only if the only ones declaring what its status is are the very ones committing the action. Much like how codified laws are more objective than purely cultural taboos, an external Judge is more apt to judge the actions of humans than other humans are - and on the cosmic scale, that's what's needed for objective Good and Evil. A Judge - an authority that is cosmically above those it passes judgement on.

In short, yes, I think torturing a puppy to death is evil, but I do not have the authority to state this as fact.
>>
>>47705242
>will feel
will not* feel
>>
>>47705242
>>47705243
Stop trying to be smartasses.

Cruelty is evil.
>>
>>47705289
You do not possess the authority to state that, nor does any mortal being.
>>
>>47705289
It is subjectively evil to humans, in that it causes a reflexive distaste when most normal humans encounter it, of which we all are (unless you're a psychopathic subhuman worm), and so it can be said that it is objectively evil in regards to our condition.

Now, while it may not be evil to some hypothetical ayys, that would nonetheless cause the ayys to be innately evil from our perspective. As it is our perspective, one that is ingrained in our very nature, it is the ONLY perspective that we can accept, unless we were change the very nature of being human to where cruelty was no longer evil to us.

However, the volition to change the nature of humanity to remove our distaste for current evils could, from our current perspective, be seen as evil in itself.
>>
>>47705208
Thank you man.
>>47705289
You'll hear no arguments from me on tnat front. In my world view cruelty has little place for its own sake. That may seem hypocritical since I adore violence in media, but even there I can make the distinction between fictional cruelty which is cartoonish and real world cruelty where it is horrifying in how mundane it can seem.
>>
>>47705298
No being can pass judgement on what is good and what is evil, as it is entirely relative to its own nature. Any other being could only make judgements of good and evil for us, should we allow it to do so.
>>
>>47705298
Of course I do. Evil is a human word. It's objectively defined.

Every single culture since the dawn of time concurs that unecessary cruelty is morally reprehensible. It is, by definition, evil. The same way that altruism is universally regarded as good.

Stop trying to inject your edgy 13 year old "everything is subjective" nonsense into the discussion. Otherwise you might as well argue that the definition of words themselves is subjective.
>>
>>47705337
>Insert pedantry, semantics and tone arguments here to annoy everyone into saying "fuck all of you and I hope this thread burns into nothingness"
>>
>>47700669
I tell myself I bear witness, but the real answer is that it’s obviously my programming, and I lack the constitution for suicide.
>>
>>47700972
>going with the flow only leads to you going over the waterfall
That seems like a dumb metaphor to me. Paddle against the flow and you get nowhere, at least nowhere you haven't already been. Going with the flow leads you to new exciting places, eventually the ocean. You end up where everyone else ends up.
>>
>>47705401
>Suicide is an honorable, brave, or good

>>47705424
It may lead to the ocean, but it also leads over rocks and logs and biting fish, and the ocean has sharks and salt water is a generally unpleasant medium for extended human life.

For all those exiciting places the river takes you, there are a hundred thousand more you can see by getting out of the river and exploring the land.
After all, how much can you really see over the riverbank?
>>
>tfw brother's depressed
>tfw hear nihilistic nonsense from him every time he's drunk

If I ever met a faggot who kept talking about this 'nothing matters in the grand scheme of the universe' nonsense, I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from throttling them.
>>
>>47705461
Depends what kind of nihilist he is, anon.
Is he a "nothing matters so I may as well kill myself" kind of guy, or a "we have no universal objective purpose, so we are free to make this world good as we please" kind of guy?
>>
>>47705477
The former. I legitimately hate those types and just want to slap the ever loving shit out of them. Don't get me started on those types who say "I didn't ask to be born" either.
>>
>>47705485
>Don't get me started on those types who say "I didn't ask to be born" either.
Even better are the ones who say that inflicting life on an unborn child is the most evil thing you could do.

Anti-natalists are the lowest of the low.
>>
>>47699831
I think that is the most insulting thing I have read in my live
>>
File: true detective.gif (80 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
true detective.gif
80 KB, 480x270
>>47705401
>>47705448
It's a True Detective quote.

My point was that going with the flow is totally valid, and also any metaphor when extended too far breaks down.
>>
>>47705500
>My point was that going with the flow is totally valid,
Perhaps, but it's also fairly lazy and relatively fulfilling compared to going against the flow, and even getting out of the river.

>and also any metaphor when extended too far breaks down.
It's like a fact of life.
>>
>>47699239
>Hell is other people
Guy knew what he was about.
>>
>>47699346
I mean, I fucking hate speedrunners and letsplayers and everyone who follows them, but it still beats deliberately living off welfare and having twenty kids who'll do the same.
>>
>>47705497
>>47705485
Why do you hate them?

Does their message hit too close to home?

The fact of the matter is that lots of people lead meaningless lives filled with far more pain than joy. Our existences are meaningless. If the entirety of humanity disappeared tomorrow, the world and the universe would be no worse off.

In fact, virtually every other living thing on this planet would be better off as a result.
>>
>>47705526
Anon, are you unironically VHMT?

>The fact of the matter is that lots of people lead meaningless lives filled with far more pain than joy.
Pain in itself is not necesarily bad; the torpor of heaven is as terrifying as the torment of hell, and the mixture of pain and pleasure is what makes life good.

>Our existences are meaningless.
And?

>If the entirety of humanity disappeared tomorrow, the world and the universe would be no worse off.
Good thing I don't care about what the universe and the rest of the non-sapient world thinks; humanity would be dead (and thus worse off), and that's what I care about.

>In fact, virtually every other living thing on this planet would be better off as a result.
Yes, better off to live, shit, and die in sub-sapient existence until the sun goes out and the universe grows cold and dark.

Only man knows purpose, and thus only man can give purpose. We have given purpose to this muddy rock and all that crawl, swim, and fly upon it, and the loss of that purpose would be a greater loss than all of life itself.

What is the point of a jewel if there is no one to adore it?
>>
>>47705337
>every single culture
/his/ here, the hunnic steppe tribes admired cruelty greatly, as did the carthagians who burned infants in sacrifice to ba'al hammon
>>
>>47705586
>Mongols
>human

>Carthaginians
>human
DELENDA EST
>>
>>47699234
so lets hope the 40 year old computers dont glitch out
>>
>>47705526
I hate them because they're annoying, 8th grade philosophy-tier edgelords who justify their own short comings under a dull mantra of "It doesn't matter anyway." It's no profound insight that there's a massive, incomprehensible universe out there and you're tiny compared to it.

My brother is lazy, unemployed and never applies himself to anything. I didn't ask to be born either, but that doesn't mean I have to live a life in a wretched way. Things don't have to matter to the universe. Things have to matter to YOU.
>>
>>47705526
I'm not those guys but most people just don't care. Life being meaningless is meaningless. We're here now, might as well do what we want with it. Also who gives a fuck how little the universe thinks of us, my friends and I enjoy each others company and that's all that matters.
>>
>>47705561
>Anon, are you unironically VHMT?
Had to Google that as I'd never heard of it before.

No, I don't necessarily think that we should stop breeding altogether. I do believe in eugenics though.

>Pain in itself is not necesarily bad; the torpor of heaven is as terrifying as the torment of hell, and the mixture of pain and pleasure is what makes life good.
Try telling that to someone who's poor, lonely, sick, etc... "just cheer up emo kid xDD"

>And?
And nothing. Just stating the obvious.

>Good thing I don't care about what the universe and the rest of the non-sapient world thinks; humanity would be dead (and thus worse off), and that's what I care about.
>Yes, better off to live, shit, and die in sub-sapient existence until the sun goes out and the universe grows cold and dark.
>Only man knows purpose, and thus only man can give purpose. We have given purpose to this muddy rock and all that crawl, swim, and fly upon it, and the loss of that purpose would be a greater loss than all of life itself.
>What is the point of a jewel if there is no one to adore it?

You have a purerile and romanticised view of humanity. We're just a bunch of talking monkeys. We're nothing special at all. One day we're all going to die and that'll be that.
>>
>>47705599
Anon just because a group of people did things you disagree with for any number of reasons does not invalidate that and and them share the same dna.
>>
>>47705616
>I do believe in eugenics though.
well, we do have some common ground, albeit likely for different reasons

>Try telling that to someone who's poor, lonely, sick, etc... "just cheer up emo kid xDD"
Even being poor, lonely, or sick is better than oblivion, for there is always the promise of pockets of joy amongst misery, not to mention the possibility of richness, company, and health.

>You have a purerile and romanticised view of humanity. We're just a bunch of talking monkeys. We're nothing special at all. One day we're all going to die and that'll be that.
If I am a fool for thinking so, then I am a fool. We may just be apes, but it's the talking bit about us that makes us special.
Every day when I walk outside, every sight of man's artifice fills me with joy; every sidewalk, every skyscraper, every garden, every streetlight fills me with such indescribable joy; it's not so much that we exist, it's the fact that we have done so much, that we know so much compared to literally anything else that can be said to think.
If man were to die tomorrow, the greatest loss about it would be the knowledge we would never know.
>>
>>47705654
D E L E N D A
E S T
L T
E
N
D
A
>>
>>47700669
He's right though. Nothing is important. Which also means that suicide is unimportant. Technically, nothing anyone does matters on a long enough timeline.

Conclusion: Try to have fun and be nice to people in the hopes that this will lead to you having more fun in the future. Since there's actually no point to anything you just do you and see what happens.
>>
>>47705870
Letting everyone do themselves is pretty boring, though.
>and then everyone was happy forever with minimal conflict
Pretty shit history book senpatchi.
>>
>>47705902
So conflict, violence, death, war, etc... are all fine as long as it makes for an interesting history book?
>>
>>47705944
Damn straight. A blissful aeon is a boring and stagnant aeon.
>>
>>47705953
So you don't care if your family and everyone you know is raped and slaughtered as long as someone can read about it in a history book and find it entertaining?

I want these edgy teens to leave.
>>
>>47705981
Civilians are a no go in civilized wars, you should know that.
>>
>>47705999
>civilised
>wars
What the fuck am I reading?

Wars will always have civilian casualties.
>>
>>47706013
How utterly barbaric
>>
>>47698069
>In the future, being rich and white will be even more awesome

How the fuck does this invalidate the singularity

I fully expect the apotheosis of man and machine to leave the 3rd world behind to wallow in its misery.
>>
>Sapient life is exclusive to earth.

Dubious.
>>
>>47706051
Any non-human sapient life that we can meaningfully communicate with is human-like enough for it to not even matter that they're ayys.
>>
File: dachshund_organs2.jpg (26 KB, 350x232) Image search: [Google]
dachshund_organs2.jpg
26 KB, 350x232
>Eugenics.

Do you want the human equivalent of the Dachshund to happen?

Because it will happen.
>>
>>47706165
That's why it must be carefully regulated to preserve the pure aesthetic qualities of the natural human form.
>>
>>47705953
That's the most cringey statement I've read all week.
>>
>>47696050
>One of the people I run a game for, for fun, doesn't like something about it.

>Lets go on the internet and collect arguments to back me up, that'll show him!

Every fucking time. It doesn't matter if it's misanthropic, one of your players is going to be all meh about it, and that's not good. You either address their complaint and fix it, or get another player, what you don't do is

>HAH, I have consensus that you're totally wrong, problem solved!
>>
>>47706188

>the pure aesthetic qualities of the natural human form.

According to whom?
>>
>>47705673
>Steampunk unironically
>>
>>47706211
The most like Vanilla Ice.
>>
File: White.jpg (146 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
White.jpg
146 KB, 400x538
>>47706201
Niggerfaggot.

>>47706211
According to anyone with a passing education in the classical arts, who has so much as seen a Greek or Roman statue, and has to look up what "ableism" means.
>>
>>47706223
wut
>>
>>47706255
Or, we can ignore those fucktards and go for I don't know, disease resistance, stronger internal organs, effieciency in consumption of foods and nutrient intake, cancer resistance/symbiotic relationship/, lack of male pattern baldness, will hair to different parts of the body, fertility, abort fetus at any stage for any reason, increased coordination and problem solving skills, etc.

You know the shit that actually matters you bellend.
>>
File: haruhishrug[1].png (573 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
haruhishrug[1].png
573 KB, 960x540
>>47696050
>The women survive only with the help of men
>Feminists complain that my reality is misogynistic

Yeah, your setting is misanthropic.
>>
>>47700092
But your own lips are constantly touching.
>>
>>47706188

>Humanity deciding what traits should be favored in the development of our species

>When we can't even agree to stop fucking up everything.
>>
>>47706307
>All men cane from a womb
>women foraged as well
>Insert incorrect cave mens history

His setting is as misanthropic as a story with Azathoth. Powers beyond the scope of humanity and the only way to survive is with the assistance of an equally powerful being.
>>
File: 278774-dogs-dobermans[1].jpg (639 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
278774-dogs-dobermans[1].jpg
639 KB, 3008x2000
>>47706165
>A breed specifically bred to be cute and short
That's bisgenics, or the breeding of unfavorable traits. Want to see examples of eugenics? Try the border collie, the doberman, the german shepherd or indeed even the poodle (standard size). All intelligent breeds, often bred for specific purposes (mostly herding sheep or being guard dogs).
>>
>>47706188
Oh god not you, you're the type of pricks that end up using your waifus as a projection of your own tastes and press it on others incessantly.
>>
File: istock_000011447534_small[1].jpg (43 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
istock_000011447534_small[1].jpg
43 KB, 640x430
>>47706343
>bisgenics
What the fuck? I meant Disgenics. Whatever, have a picture of the most intelligent dog breed bred mostly for their intelligence.
>>
>>47706343
Oh and crippling genetic disorders how quaint.
>>
>>47706293
All that stuff is already you implied you half-wit retard.

>>47706348
>mongoloids
>good taste
No.
>>
>>47706188

Just like elected officials are carefully regulated to preserve the pure will of the people they represent?

Quit dreaming.
>>
>>47706359
The plebes are stupid and corrupt, so it is no surprise that the people who represent their will are also stupid and corrupt.
What we really need to do is eliminate stupid and corrupt people from humanity entirely, leaving behind only dutiful and virtuous citizens, who will ensure that their successive situation is not stupid and corrupt.
>>
>>47706358
>Hating on throat singing in the mongoloid throat singing directory
>>47706359
At that point just insert a fucking omnipotent ai god or something, it's pretentious how often aesthetes beat around that bush.
>>
>>47706365
>>Hating on throat singing in the mongoloid throat singing directory

>AAAAUUAGUGAAGAAEEEEEAAAGGHHHH
>aesthetic

>At that point just insert a fucking omnipotent ai god or something, it's pretentious how often aesthetes beat around that bush.
>implying humanity won't become the omnipotent AI gods
You dream far too small, anon.
>>
>>47706364
Oh and your type of "virtuous" will differ from other anons, making civil war over ideals that differe from your views of "plebes." Making you no better than a petty feudal lord.

It's like pottery. You can't even get the majority of anons here to agree with you, and you think something as vague as this is as generally understood as breathing? Get real.
>>
>>47706357
>Oh and crippling genetic disorders how quaint.
Which is why eugenics should be handled with care. But posting an example of disgenics and claiming it's the resutl of eugenics is downright dishonesty.

And oh look!
http://iheartdogs.com/the-10-healthiest-dog-breeds/5/
It just happens to be that the most intelligent breed of dog is the fifth LEAST likely to have genetic disorders. How curious, it's almost like that dog breed was bred with practical use in mind rather than pure looks!
>>
>>47706364

You wrongly believe corruption and stupidity CAN be extripated from humanity without fundamentaly changing what humanity is.
>>
>>47706375
>he's still hung up on universalized ethics, aesthetics, and morals
ehl ehm aeh oeh
>>
>>47706369
Anon I use the ai god specifically because most people just want that, and the everyone becomes Q in Stat Trek inevitably becomes a hive mind of stasis as no one can overpower another in ideals, knowledge, authority and ability.
>>
>>47706382
And? If something is broken, fix it.
If humanity has a fault, fix it.
I severely doubt that irrational self-interest at the expense of your peers, as well as irrational and general poor thought in general, is mutually inclusive with an idealize form of humanity.
Everyone wants to be smarter, and everyone wants everyone else to be more honest and trustworthy.
>>
>>47706390
>and the everyone becomes Q in Stat Trek inevitably becomes a hive mind of stasis as no one can overpower another in ideals, knowledge, authority and ability.
Why so? Why would there not be any variability among these superhumans, or any kind of self-imposed hierarchy for the sake of civilization?
>>
>>47706379
Oh and oh look it's hip displaysia, OCD, epilepsy, eye deterioration and more oh and I especially love this quote

>However, medium breeds such as the Border Collie can also have a high incidence of this disease.

Wow shocking it's like pure breeds are genetically more likely to be fucked over than genetic variety.
>>
>>47706383
>he's still unable to answer not being able to convince the average anon in this thread

oh ee uh eh ah
>>
>>47706403
Any race that are essentially gods would end up not needing anything that a society can brung, because anything they want, they can have. Even conflicts of interest wouldn't be a problem because both would already know in their power and knowledge how to satisfy themselves fully and others.

As such even warfare would be mundane, it's the equivalent of imagine battles, except everyone has the best spears and shields and knows how to use them.
>>
>>47706379

The problem with eugenics is that you can't know if a particular development path will be a dead end unless you "walk" down it.

20 generations to find that the genetical makeup you pursued also ends in sterility/neural degeneration/whatever the fuck is a possible development.
>>
>>47706428
>Anons are representative of the human population
>implying I need to convince anybody of much, rather than just finding people who share my views, those who are easily swayed to them, followed up by force against those who can't
It's like you don't even speak the universal lingo, bromigo.

>>47706444
To our minds, perhaps; maybe godhood would bring with it some kind of meta-super-oil or some other kind of scare resource or talent that causes conflict.
>>
>>47697178
>"who gives a shit"

Every time I get nihilistic, pessimistic, and misanthropic I remember that, and then I go read a book or play vidya. One day it won't bother me. Or I'll be dead.
>>
>>47697391
Man most of those words are synonyms. You listed off like two separate things.
>>
>>47706419
That's a nice list of disorders you have there, but I never claimed that Border Collies were entirely devoid of them.
http://www.americanbordercollie.org/Health%20and%20Genetics%20of%20Border%20Collies.htm
>Border Collies are considered to be a generally healthy breed. However, as in all animals, there are some potential health problems.

It's almost like breeds that are bred to be strong and intelligent generally end up strong and intelligent, and breeds bred to be short and dumb generally end up short and dumb.

>Muh genetic variation though
Everyone knows this, breeders first and foremost. Why else do you think there recently has been so much regulation on breeding?

This in no way discredits eugenics.
>B-But genetic diversity is always good!
Depends on what you consider good. Perhaps if looking purely at health and health alone, but
>You'd never manage to entirely eliminate genetic disorders, unless you're ironically enough starting an eugenic campaign to eliminate genetic disorders, which may give rise to other genetic disorders down the line
>If you want mutts and nothing else, you must realize some favorable traits (like the Border Collie's impeccable intelligence) will be lost in an ever dilluting gene pool

Breeders are professionals for a reason: they seek to minimalize health risks while still maintaining the traits that are considered favorable. The problem is when full retard traits are considered "favorable" and we end up with abominations like pugs.
>>
>>47701911
>You sound pretty psychopathic, anon; you should go talk to a therapist.
If you're calling someone else a psychopath, you should probably see a therapist. Not because there's anything wrong with you (beyond run of the mill retardation), but just so he can inform you how little the word psychopath means in modern mental health terms.
>>
>>47706454
Look at this point we get super heaven and super duper heaven and so forth, it's pil all the way down.

Also not that anon from the top quote, but dude this isn't Stellaris or Civ. My way or highway doesn't last long.
>>
File: Hot_Coldman.png (268 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Coldman.png
268 KB, 500x350
>>47699234
THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE PEACE WALKER SYSTEM!
>>
>>47706535
Memes, memes everywhere. Actually I always wondered on the cover art of MGS, what do you call it? Minimalist I assume, but minimalist what?
>>
>this thread
>edgy teens actually advocating war like it's a good thing

If you think war is cool then why don't you sign up faggot?
>>
>>47706585
Because they consider themselves Alexander and not the foot soldier.
>>
>>47696104
HFY?
>>
>>47707261
Humanity, Fuck Yeah!

Circlewank for the human race
>>
>>47699761
>checkmate Skrulltheists
>>
>>47696179
what the hell are you talking about when you say 'matter'?
>>
>>47696179
Nothing actually matters in the context of the universe, but things matter on the context of your own life, which is the playground where we humans play. Your problem is you are trying to play the wrong game.
>>
>>47696050
Didn't you hear? Anything that isn't humans winning everything forever is misanthropic these days.
>>
>>47696074
>>47696074
>>47696074
>who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1443711191601.jpg (209 KB, 743x1012) Image search: [Google]
1443711191601.jpg
209 KB, 743x1012
>>47706552
I don't know much about art but I know what I like.
>>
File: waveOfTheFuture.png (6 MB, 1918x1081) Image search: [Google]
waveOfTheFuture.png
6 MB, 1918x1081
>>47699180
Meaning is also a human construct
>>
>>47698069
>nerds
>buying the latest iphone360 because it's thinner

>technological marvels will not exist in the future because muh third world, as if that has stopped us before

Where the fuck is he even going with this rant? He went from "nerds waste resources by throwing away perfectly functional things" to "singularity won't happen because you're a white shitlord" to "how dare you do something you enjoy like speedrunning"

What the ACTUAL FUCK was he trying to say?
>>
>>47701973
Adaptability is our number one trait.
Only a fool would claim that humanity is incapable of living without it's comforts.

Yes, swathes of people would die if they were left in the wilderness. But many would also adapt and survive, as they have always done in various circumstances, both natural and artificial ones.
>>
>>47705616
>We're just a bunch of talking monkeys.
Yes, and?

>We're nothing special at all
Considering we're the only thing in existence that can define things like "mattering", and are just about the only sapient life in a very vast amount of space, I'd say that makes us pretty special.
If we weren't special, we wouldn't even be having this conversation about whether we're special.

>One day we're all going to die and that'll be that.
Yes, and?

>You have a purerile and romanticised view of humanity.
Personally, I'd say it is a lot more childish to just disregard the entire content of someone's post by stating it's romanticised without actually engaging in any way.
I'd also say it is miles more childish to simplify things to "we r talking monkeys dude"
>>
File: ok.jpg (36 KB, 426x270) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
36 KB, 426x270
>>47698069
>>
>>47696050
In what universe would a player ever give a shit about some DM lore and even comment at all, much less complain something is "misanthropic", wtf.

This shit is 110% made up, good job trolling all 250 people who replied in this abysmal thread..
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.