[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ Role models edition "Lad, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: 1463086226255.jpg (95 KB, 1024x967) Image search: [Google]
1463086226255.jpg
95 KB, 1024x967
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Role models edition

"Lad, no one feels ready. No one feels that he deserves it. And you know why? Because no one does. It is grace, pure and simple. We are inherently unworthy, simply because we are human, and all human beings--aye, and elves, and dwarves, and all the other races--are flawed.
But the Light loves us anyway. It loves us for what we sometimes can rise to in rare moments. It loves us for what we can do to help others. And it loves us because we can help it share its message by striving daily to be worthy, even though we understand that we cannot ever truly become so.
So stand there today, as I did, feeling that you cannot possibly deserve it or ever be worthy, and know that you are in the same place every single paladin has ever stood."

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread: >>47311284
>>
>>47320609
>le original sin sklavenmoral XD

Surface world cancer
>>
What's the most degenerate level 6 gestalt I can make without using tier 1 classes.

DSP is blanketed allowed.
>>
File: JojoCONSIDERTHIS.gif (466 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
JojoCONSIDERTHIS.gif
466 KB, 500x281
Imagine for a moment that Paizo erratas the Warlock Vigilante archetype so that you now lose the Startling, Frightening, and Stunning Appearance features and gain new features that modify your Mystic Bolts. What kinds of modifications would these be, and how many increases will it take before the ability becomes on par with, or overpowered compared to, simply using a regular weapon on any other class? Would kineticist players start bitching if the warlock becomes a better "ALL DAY BLASTER", or are they too braindamaged to notice?

How many magus features can you steal before you're just a not!Magus?
>>
>>47320600

Thanks! I haven't looked through PoW:E yet, gonna have to give this a thorough read-through
>>
>>47320698
I want a bolt to have a choice of negative effects, like an anti-paladin's cruelties.
>>
File: sphinx.jpg (22 KB, 249x476) Image search: [Google]
sphinx.jpg
22 KB, 249x476
>>47320646
>le hedonism
>hurf durf let's eat mushrooms and degenerate into edgelords

You stop that.
>>
>>47320808
>Stop being drow
The goddess wills it.
>>
>>47320609
Nice Warcraft quote, lad
>>
File: CONSTRUCTION MAN HARDER.png (73 KB, 505x443) Image search: [Google]
CONSTRUCTION MAN HARDER.png
73 KB, 505x443
>>47320691
>Most degenerate level 6 gestalt
Master Summoner||Promethean/Preservationist Alchemist

Take Superior Summoning since you get FREE AUGMENTED SUMMONING. Your Homunculus exists to prepare and pass out your extracts. Take crafting feats so you can make a bunch of preserving flasks and boro beads. Don't forget your tumor familiar.
>>
>>47320852
Regardless of source it fits any fantasy paladin pretty well.
>>
>>47320832

Doesn't she sometimes will them to start being driders, though?
>>
>>47320942
I believe that's a punishment, to keep them around as the 'tried really hard, but failed' warning.
>>
>>47320955
Correct it is a punishment.
>>
File: Ocelot.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>47320708
No problem.

Essentially that archetype lets you play as a semi magic gunslinger.

What level of firearm tech are they using, out of curiousity?
>>
Would someone mind posting the scans of Shield Mastery feats from the Armor Masters Handbook? I can't download from the trove right now.
>>
Here's your reminder that the best armor for spellcasters is a skintight metal suit.
>>
File: jiangshi.png (475 KB, 644x957) Image search: [Google]
jiangshi.png
475 KB, 644x957
Since Dhampirs have been popular recently, what's everyone's favorite Dhampir heritage?
>>
>>47321117
Nosferatu-born is the only proper answer.
>>
File: Jiangshi01.jpg (77 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
Jiangshi01.jpg
77 KB, 541x700
>>47321117
Jiangshi is pretty neat, and I still want to make a Lunar Enlightened Philosopher Oracle, with the Noble Lineage Feat for Cha-to-Initiative so I can properly dump Dex into the dirt. Playing a stiff kek ex-noble would be fun.

A shame every time I go look for Jiangshi pictures it's either a shitty monstergirl or pic-related.
>>
Does Aegis have decent ranged attack v melee attack balance?
One of my players is trying to recreate the Guyver,and my lack of experience with DSP (and manga, in the middle of researching the series) is hampering me.
>>
>>47321374
Yes most of what it can do for melee it can do for ranged, size increases, stat increases, unless you mean the built in ranged attacks you can take as customizations, those always looked very meh to me.
>>
>>47321374
The ranged attack customization is shit, but they can use ranged weapons fine.
>>
>>47321374
They don't really have good support for ranged. Sure, you CAN make a ranged aegis, but many of their abilities(like size increases) definitely benefit melee more.
>>
Right, can someone please explain how I determine kingdom size, because ultimate campaign ain't giving me any explanation.
>>
>>47321397
>>47321431
>>47321432
Eh, what I expected and feared. Most of the attacks would be built in shit. At least the melee part is covered. I see the size increases, does it go to colossal?
>>
File: 200px-Minsc.jpg (12 KB, 200x316) Image search: [Google]
200px-Minsc.jpg
12 KB, 200x316
>>47320609

"Lead evil by example, and one day we need no longer put the boots to those that stray off the path of goodness into the muck and bile of villainy and track great bloody footprints across our lily white tiles! Boo will have clean wood shavings you evil bastards!"
>>
>>47321477
I'm pretty sure Kingdom Size is just the number of hexes in your kingdom. Count them up, and there's your size.
>>
>>47321432
>>47321482
>>47321431

The Host of Heroes aegis and its holofield wizard suit can do the ranged stuff fine (with maneuvers, even), but otherwise it's bad, yeah.
>>
>>47321482
Well.... Initiator soul for Primal Fury, The Size increase customization, and powerful build customization. You would hit four size categories larger then your base form to get colossal, or if you eventually take the double size increase customization it is Colossal +1
>>
I've created an NPC with 5 levels in PC Classes and a +3 CR Template.

So, her CR is 8? I'm missing something?

CR calculation looks so abstract sometimes...
>>
>>47321037
Advanced firearms.
>>
>>47321477
>Size: This is how many hexes the kingdom claims. a new kingdom's Size is 1.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building
>>
>>47321579
It depends on whether you are using the PC ability score array and PC WBL. If so then it is CR 8, if not then it is CR 7.
>>
>>47321579

That's because it is.
>>
>>47321579
It should be CR 7.

NPCs with PC levels count as CR equal to level - 1.
>>
File: 13742.jpg (172 KB, 850x977) Image search: [Google]
13742.jpg
172 KB, 850x977
Post yfw the GM tells you it's time to get on the boat to cross the ocean in the middle of a campaign and you use full plate/tower shield when you're still low level.
>>
>>47321568
I wagered IS was a nobrainer.
What he is looking for is:
Flight
Strong melee options, preferably without outside weapons (refluffed claws I figure)
Fairly fast
Size increases later down the line
Ranged potential, but that may have to be scrapped.
What the player doesn't know is that I am pulling his nemesis from the manga and creating a rival guyver.
>>
I see some very weird conflicting desires from /pfg/. I see a lot of people buttmad about their game not being difficult enough. However I also see people very angry about encounter design that is tipped in the enemy's favor (or enemies who are good at their job).

What actually seems desired is an illusion of difficulty, not actual difficulty. Kinda like a video game where there is never any real doubt that victory is attainable by the player.
>>
>>47321628
>>
>>47321664
Most players want at least a snowball's chance against most foes.
If an enemy outclasses you, there should at least be signs you may be in over your head.
>>
>>47321619
>>47321621

Oh, I see. Many thanks.

Another question... Racial Points are a factor in the CR? Because the NPC in question is part of a custom Orc Race with 20 RP. The CR still is 7?
>>
>>47320412

>All you need is a gay black transmale muslim CG quirky rebel fighting against the straight white male LE tyrant.

I would have legit worked for the bbeg just to troll the rest of my group before betraying them in the final fight. I'm a wizard as well so I'd probably do a pretty good job of it.
>>
>>47321713
Racial points normally aren't enough to make the difference, but tell us what you're adding and we'll make a judgement.
>>
>>47321713
Honestly CR is very bad to base things off, you can take two things, same level, same stat modifier, same race, and they can be wildly different in power, with the same cr.
That is why most people will tell you CR is bullshit.
>>
Question for the DSPs regarding Avant Garde:
Are you still considered to be "accepting burn" if the cost is reduced to 0 by meditation, for the purpose of other feats,etc?
>>
>>47321760
>Anything CR 10+ with no means of handling airborne enemies
>>
>>47321705
Not outclasses them, but fighting someone of equal skill to them. Or even fighting individuals weaker than them using even a semblance of tactics.

What I have seen from GMing for many groups is that most folks want to front load their tactics. Tactics are made when they design the character and it should be able to do all of its things out of the box without needing case by case tactics. When enemies use case by case tactics (traps designed to kill these PCs in particular if they have the time and knowledge to make them or ambushes playing against the PC's strengths) a lot of folks will cry fowl and never actually try and do the same.

A good example was the enemies using this simple set of tactics:
>Don't approach the PCs, build big bonfire to attract them
>have two archers climb trees and aim and who is silhouetted by the flame
>have two guys waiting in the bushed at the tree line
>have to other guys hiding in the bushes across the way to flank once the PCs some into contact with the first two hidden guys

They were a group of three hobgoblins and three goblins against six level 2 characters. The PCs ran right into the ambush and half the party was butchered before the tides began turning. The PCs even got mad when the enemies cut their losses, grabbed one of their downed and left the other before scattering into the woods.
>>
>>47321745
She is a Siegebreaker Mutagenic Warrior 5 with Elite array without any magic items (but we use the Automatic Bonus Progression).

The race is a custom Orc, the "Golgagh Orcs", you can see the full stats here: docs.google.com/document/d/1W9VYidossoGgjW9Ka7EAiYy049I_O6Nuhh9r60yE49Y/

The template is Giantblooded Creature (Stone Giant).

The whole thing of her is to crash the enemy lines causing enough chaos to make the foot soldiers to be able to reach the enemies.

I'm thinking if I should put the CR 8, because she hits really hard and the party don't have any full casters.
>>
/pfg/, how do I challenge a necromancer cleric? Send Paladins after them?
>>
>>47321374
The trick is that the Aegis, unless Host of Heroes (Even then, while viable, the Host of Heroes archmage weapon isn't all that great.), needs a ranged weapon from elsewhere than its own abilities, that would be perfectly viable if the Aegis were not there.

SO LONG as you fulfill this requirement, the Aegis becomes an exceptionally dangerous core for the wielding of this weapon.

For basics, there's obviously the longbow, which will be at *least* counting as huge by level 6+

A Warsoul or Living Legend can handle it quite well - this is feat intensive due to SotAS and Fighter's Blade - very well though at high levels you'll have to leave aegis mostly behind lest your weapon fall apart. You do lose more multiclassing living legend than other soulknives though.

You could also use the Aegis as the support-overlay for one of the actual Mech classes (biped medium is just power armor and there's a +dex/health option instead of getting bigger if you choose) and use whatever weapons are mounted there.
>>
File: wwf.jpg (18 KB, 416x591) Image search: [Google]
wwf.jpg
18 KB, 416x591
>Playing Rise of the Runelords.
>Party consisted of bard titsune, swashbuckler aasimar, investigator vanara, warpriest dorf and druid snow elf.
>About to fight Barl Bonebreaker.
>Barl incapacitates swashbuckler by ray of enfeeblement.
>Druid pet engages stone giant bodyguard.
>Druid grows into a gargantuan giantess and engages Barl in melee.
>Barl trips Druid with earthbreaker.
>Druid pet spinosaur comes to the rescue.
>Barl one hit kills it with a critical blow.
>Does the same with Druid when she tries to get up.
>Player rage quits because is bullshit a necrommancer can do so much damage in melee.

Is a FUCKING STONE GIANT YOU NUTBUTTER CHUGGER!!!
>>
>>47320609
Does DSP have anything for the Vigilante yet?
>>
>>47321850
That's 13 RP, not 20, count again.
>>
>>47321824

Well, the early levels are called Rusty Dagger Shanktown for a reason-a single lucky attack might turn your carefully written and well-planned character into a bloody smear, which hardly ever seems fair when it happens.

As for whether or not the group ever uses tactics, there's a very easy way you make sure they will-tell them to. At the start of the campaign, warn them that you're not going to do them any favors or cut them any slack. They'll either learn to play it smart, or die, and if the latter, they won't have a leg to stand on when they complain, because you fucking told them and they didn't listen.
>>
File: Hawkeswood.jpg (10 KB, 236x324) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeswood.jpg
10 KB, 236x324
>My Paladin

><Name removed> is an older man, not the oldest of his Order but by no means the youngest. He is tired of platitudes and the pretense that normally is found in Paladin Orders, to the point where he has several reprimands about general demeanor, were it not for his talented ability in the art of war and his dedication to the Order things may be different. As it stands, he has a reputation of verbally abusing the teaching staff, excessive rough handing of the Squires and almost contemptable disregard for most forms of etiquette. While such actions have made him quite popular with the newly ordained Paladins, the most senior rarely find reason to have him stay in their presence for long.
>>
>>47321968
>might turn your carefully written and well-planned character into a bloody smear, which hardly ever seems fair when it happens.
That's called being a big baby. I have almost universally found that people who can't handle character death are terrible people to play with and GM for.

>At the start of the campaign, warn them that you're not going to do them any favors or cut them any slack.
If I wasn't doing them any favors it would be a lost worse than this. Enemies are doing the absolute bare minimum of critical thinking before going into combat. That isn't something that you should have to tell people before a game. Players are retarded, I get that, but there is only one way they're gonna learn to act cautiously. Especially at levels where resurrection is too expensive to be feasible.
>>
>>47321963
Aberration (3 RP)
Medium (0 RP)
Slow Speed (–1 RP)
Paragon: +4 Str, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha (1 RP)
Advanced Strenght (+2) (4 RP)
Static Bonus Feat (Endurance, Toughness) (4 RP)
Xenophobic (0 RP)
Hardy (3 RP)
Ferocity (4 RP)
Toxic (1 RP)
Natural Attack: Gore (1 RP)
Frenzy (2 RP)
Light Blindness (–2 RP)

20 RP, no?
>>
>>47322014
3-1=4+1=5+2=7+4=11+3=14+4=18+1=19+1=20+2=22-2=20

Checks out.
>>
Is there a way to sheathe, not draw, weapons as a free action? I'm not allowed to Mwk Transformation my heirloom weapon for some reason and I kinda wanna know if I can salvage that somehow so I can get the CMB bonus.
>>
>>47322010

Well, considering you killed half your party in one encounter, I'd say you made your point inescapably clear. I'm just wondering if that couldn't have all been avoided with five minutes' warning during startup.
>>
>>47321824
What you do not mention is whether or not the battle was designed based on metaknowledge (yes, the gm CAN metagame against the players poorly) or based on insetting knowledge and tendencies.
For example, how did this group, with it's very specific makeup, know where the pcs were going to set a trap for them? How did they know that hiding in certain bushes would put them in place to flank the party just so?
Were opposing checks made to see if the party noticed the hidden npcs?
How much of the battle was adjusted on the fly behind the screen, versus the setpiece being made and playing out as it put down?
Battles like what you mentioned usually end up being anti-pc creations, not coming about organically.
Even then, it was an ambush situation against low level characters, I'm surprised it wasn't a tpk. Iirc, an ambush pushes CR up at least 3 pips, sometimes more depending on traps at play.
>>
So /pfg/ I've been away from civilization and more importantly, internet for 2 and a half weeks. What have I missed in the world of Paizo?

Any new leaks?
>>
>>47322061
If path of war is allowed yes.
What are you building that needs to sheath as a free action, and why won't masterwork transformation work?
>>
>>47322076
I have tried warning people in the past, generally they don't get it until characters start dying due to their lack of thought. Better to learn by doing.
>>
>>47321735
Don't forget the 'transmale' can't be any closer to male than "ugly chick with a mustache, an obvious chest and wearing pants because the only hope for a face like that is to pretend you were always supposed to be a man" since if 'she' becomes truly a man then that means a penisrapist patriarch and that's more evil again.
>>
>>47322100
Because the GM banned the spell entirely for some reason. I just wanna do Dirty Tricks.
>>
>>47321893
Depends on the cleric. Who else is therein the party?
>>
>>47322076
It totally could have. Some DMs just like to power trip.
>>
>>47321991

Is he a LOOSE CANNON PALADIN ON THE EDGE WHO DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES?
>>
>>47322120
>Because the GM banned the spell entirely
What the actual fuck.
Anyways going to guess the character is made so you can't take a less shitty trait that will start you with a masterwork weapon.
>>
>>47322123
Nobody since the other two are indescisive fuckwits. I understand that I want to limit prime reanimation targets like dire animals, and the campaign is shaping up to be an evil one. Is it excessively mean to throw a paladin squad at him every now and then to actually kill bloody skeletons?
>>
File: greengrocer.jpg (17 KB, 514x344) Image search: [Google]
greengrocer.jpg
17 KB, 514x344
>>47322132
My first Paladin. How else are we meant to make a Paladin that isn't an unbending, retarded, fuckwit?
>>
>>47322184
Send a Marut if you want to scare him shitless.
>>
>>47322162
Yes.

Suppose the reason why I need to be able to sheath as a free action is so I can freely switch between my heirloom weapon and my main weapon in the middle of my iteratives, ideally, so my CMB benefits from the +2 when I need it. I'm just curious about if it is possible, as I'm planning on taking a Maneuver Master dip.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 551x414) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14 KB, 551x414
>>47322092
>What you do not mention is whether or not the battle was designed based on metaknowledge (yes, the gm CAN metagame against the players poorly) or based on insetting knowledge and tendencies.
The PCs had been killing the outlying camps for these goblinoid military incursion. They let several escape on their first two strikes. Word got out and these lot knew they were the closest and set up an ambush rather than sit around their camp, and sent the survivor along to bring word to the main camp while they tried to slow the PCs down.

>For example, how did this group, with it's very specific makeup, know where the pcs were going to set a trap for them? How did they know that hiding in certain bushes would put them in place to flank the party just so?

Pic related is how it worked. They pulled the PCs towards them because the arrows were coming from behind them, they knew the PCs would run towards the archers.

>Were opposing checks made to see if the party noticed the hidden npcs?
Of course.

>How much of the battle was adjusted on the fly behind the screen, versus the setpiece being made and playing out as it put down?
Once the pieces were in place the only adjustment I did was change it was switching it from two goblins in the trees to a goblin and a hobgoblin so each group of two was mixed.

>Battles like what you mentioned usually end up being anti-pc creations, not coming about organically.
The fuck does this even mean? Enemies set up an ambush.
>>
>>47322126
Like I said, I never see people learn until it actually happens. Out of the six people two quit and four learned, that's a good ratio.
>>
>>47322184
If it is an evil campaign, you do not need to rely on paladins, as once they get too well known, the good churches will set sights on them.
Yes, tho, send paladins at them every so often, but never more than 2 at a time, because paladins are supposed to be fairly rare at any rate.
>>47322196
By being a person that simply tries to do their best? Is reasonable, not infallible, holds others and himself responsible for deeds made?
>>
>>47321824
>They were a group of three hobgoblins and three goblins against six level 2 characters.
In so attacked from ambush with six creatures. In an encounter designed to kill pcs for killing your goblins. You were a dick the moment you designed an encounter to kill pcs.
>>
>>47322258
You keep saying that they never learn, but what do you have to teach? The fact that you can kill the character they worked on at any time? If so, you should probably consider the fact that you are an awful teacher if no one wants to learn the lesson you're offering.
>>
>>47322306
Bit boring isn't it? Might as well be a regular lawful good fighter.
>>
>>47322328
Not who you're responding to, but I want to disagree with you. I feel like PCs often rely too much on GMs not being dicks. Just myself the other day, I allowed a party member of mine to get CDG'd because they were unconcious and I didn't expect the GM to go for it, but the elemental just shrugged off our AoO damage with DR and went for the kill. It taught me to actually be more serious about the game.
>>
>>47322258
Or the other four are still willing to give you a chance until you try that bullshit again. Killing pcs in an encounter designed to kill them is shit tier dming I would have walked out of your shit game too. I have lost pcs before, it's not a big deal, but to think that kind of shit is clever and acting so smug about it. You are that gm. I hope your players wise up and find a better game.
>>
>>47322221
>The fuck does this even mean?
It means that GMs often use ambushes based on metaknowledge, versus what npcs know and operate on.
As it stands, most gms don't use tactica like this because most creatures in settings do not. Hobgoblins are some of the only creatures in d20 settings to actually use military tactics.
>>
>>47322401
That is the difference though that is an enemy going for the kill, the elemental was not designed and run in a way to kill you all.
The difference is design goal. The elemental was there to fight and challenge this other horse shit was made with the express purpose of killing pcs.
>>
>>47322373
I am teaching them to use basis tactics and critical thinking. Their characters are risking their lives, they should act like it.

>>47322406
>Killing pcs in an encounter designed to kill them is shit tier dming I would have walked out of your shit game too.
What encounter is designed to not try and kill PCs? Do you just wave your hands around and lie about dice rolls to make sure no one dies and no one's feelings get hurt? I have seen GMs who do. It's a cheap way to play the game, well they're essentially not even playing the game at that point.

If someone can not deal with a character dying during the course of play I don't want them in my group, especially if they make no effort to the keep the character alive.
>>
>>47322196
You can go for the 'kindly grandpa', the guy who is genuinely good and forgiving, or for the reveangeancer, whose only aim in life is to kill evil, burn his house to the ground, and give no fucks about rendemption.
>>
>>47322328
A DM should, unless the players have extensive warning (I'm talking PCs who are told that the character will wreck the party because their character would know this plus NPCs who are stronger than the PCs warning them against it and making the enemy hard to find) they should never run into an encounter that is expressly designed to kill them unless it's done in character by NPCs who the party knows they've got gunning for them. One can challenge the players with an encounter designed to fuck them (and I mean all or most, not targeting a single player unless that player is an ass to the group as a whole) up but not necessarily kill them. It's a DM's job to keep the players engaged and happy without violating the world, it's the players' job to keep the DM happy enough to not try to murder you all while also not making the game unfun for the other players. If that contract is breached then somebody should probably be walking away, be it players from a shit DM or a DM from a shit group. That's part of why I try to only play with friends and only let my friends who can think objectively and aren't complete asswipes DM (learned that lesson the hard way with a DM who would railroad everything and threaten TPKs for not following the written plot, we were basically playing a novel).
>>
>>47322382
So what exactly do you think a paladin is?
So far, it seems you are bound to either do it wrong, thinking you are creative, or end up being That Paladin shittalked about on /tg/.
>>47322477
Why was the point to kill them, rather than driving them off, or trying to capture them to find out who sent them?
You used intelligent foes, but didn't have an intelligent end goal, which ended up being that of dumb animals. You never said this was a H/K squad, and military intelligence stresses gaining information as often as possible.
>>
>>47322442
And they were fighting hobgoblins.

And how was I using meta knowledge? I described the encounter above?

They set up the encounter assuming the PCs would approach the bonfire from the direction the last camp that went down was. The PCs didn't say they circled around so that's exactly what they did. The hobgoblins came up with this plan based on testimony from a survivor from another camp.

What metaknowledge m8?
>>
>>47322477
>I am teaching them to use basis tactics and critical thinking. Their characters are risking their lives, they should act like it.
And a not-shit DM can teach them how to do that without chasing players away through BS encounters designed to kill them.
>>
>>47322522
On top of that hobgoblins like to take slaves and torture in most settings so they would always go for the KO on a low level party.
>>
>>47322477
Designed to kill is diffrent then try to kill you fucking mongoloid. You made an encounter expressly to kill pcs and can not see the difference between that and things trying to kill them. Guess that means every npc wizard better be loaded up with save or suck too.
>>
>>47322512
>expressly designed to kill them
What does this even mean? An encounter where enemies want to survive? An encounter when the enemies are trying to win?

>>47322522
>Why was the point to kill them, rather than driving them off, or trying to capture them to find out who sent them?
Did you not read what I said? The hobgoblins were trying to slow them down, took down three and ran taking their own wounded away.

>You used intelligent foes, but didn't have an intelligent end goal, which ended up being that of dumb animals. You never said this was a H/K squad, and military intelligence stresses gaining information as often as possible.
If they thought they could have taken all the PCs down they would have kept 1-2 alive for questioning. In the heat of battle they didn't get the chance and had to cut their losses and run. I already stated this.
>>
>>47322112
Kek

>roll a DC2 wisdom check
>fail
>"You don't realise that in a world of magic, you can hire the services of a mage to make you as attractive as you like"

or, even worse

>I know that I can, but I refuse to be cajoled by the cisheteronormative patriarchal standards imposed on me by today's society!
>>
>>47322551
Tell me, what about the encounter design is BS. Please tell me what in it is so offensive. People keep shouting it was designed to kill them, what did the goblinoids do that was so out of the norm.

>>47322556
Really, tell me how it was designed to kill them? Go on. I am curious of your reasoning.
>>
>>47322551
He is just a smug shit, probably rubbing his neck beard over about how clever he is for out smarting those dirty players for killing his precious npcs.
>>
>>47322577
The NPCs should always have goals fitting what they are but the DM should never purposely make an encounter to kill the NPCs except in the case where the NPCs have the metaknowledge and capability to do exactly that and even then the players should have some sort of warning that it's going to happen (for example rumors or an information gathering squad that's being scryed and a few can easily be taken alive).
>>
>>47322120
>>Banning masterwork transformation outright

That is fucking stupid. I can understand it might be abused with stuff like blood money, but the culprit there is blood money, not masterwork transformation.

I mean, shit, the DM could at least have a blacksmith/wizard guy who can use the spell. At a bare minimum allow it as an NPC-only spell.
>>
>>47322600
>Really, tell me how it was designed to kill them?
You used an ambush element, which massively inflates CR (which you clearly didn't account for), and set up each piece of the battle to take advantage of what you figured they would do.
This was designed to be a tpk, whether you think so or not, and somehow, it wasn't, which is the onlu amazing thing.
>>
>>47322598
See I can understand the trans stuff when it's simple straightforward wishes.
>I want a penis
>I want to be a hot woman
And I totally support that.

But given all the people I've met in Uni that were part of those clubs/alliances... If your life is a wreck, and you think ALL your psychological and personal fuckups will be magically healed by making yourself look like the other gender...

You fucking need to wait till you've completely re-examined your life and made a few repairs before you make any decision more important to your future than "what for supper now"

Because most of those people, it didn't solve a fucking thing.
>>
>>47322616
Yeah, he just sounds like a shit DM. Personally I wish I was better at designing campaigns since I like world and character building and love to see games where the characters throw everything off the rails and the world shifts around it. I'm actually working on a world where exactly that would happen, complex diagrams of NPC connection and everything so that if I ran it the players would change everything with as simple an action as delaying an important NPC.
>>
>>47322616
I'm sure the smugness will keep him company when the rest of his players get tired of that bullshit and his game falls apart.
>>
>>47322658
So, like any other midlife crisis then, except with cutting off your own dick instead of buying a sports car to replace it?
>>
>>47322664
>>47322665
Shit, not even that GM but you two sound like passive aggressive shits to play with.
>>
>>47322665
At this point, I'm not entirely sure he isn't just trolling us, honestly.
>>
>>47322600
You attacked from ambush and killed half of them, that is pretty telling. Also ambush at level two so it is rusty dagger shank town and you are attacking flat footed pcs that you can drop with two to three hits, there are six npcs two of them can probably not be seen by the party so I am going to assume that they keep hitting flat footed. Did your pcs even have a chance to run away? Oh wait you were teaching them a lesson through force which means you were punishing them so of course it is what they deserve rather than to be given the chance to learn from it as characters just kill them that will learn them.
>>
>>47322648
An ambush deep in the heart of rusty dagger shanktown, what could possibly go wrong?
>>
Guess I'll drop it in the new thread.

Don't suppose anyone has a pdf of the Advanced Bestiary?
>>
I've tweaked the house rule list from a couple of threads ago. Looking from some more feedback to it as it currently stands.

• Characters may choose the average of their hit die rounded up instead of rolling at leach level
• All Paizo common and featured races allowed
• All Paizo classes allowed
• All Path of War and Expanded classes allowed
• Unchained classes allowed: Barbarian, Monk, Rogue, Summoner
• Variant multiclassing and normal multiclassing allowed, but no levels in a class that is your VMC. VMC must be chosen at character creation
• Fractional base bonuses are in effect
• Unchained skill rules are in effect
• Character gain 2 skill points every level for background skills as per the unchained rules
• Crafting and profession rules use the expanded rules from unchained
• Skill unlocks may be purchased using the signature skill feat. Unchained rogues can use their class features to unlock their skill as normal
• 2 traits (Paizo or otherwise) allowed at character creation. Up to two drawbacks can be chosen from the Paizo list – two drawbacks grant either two more traits (for a total of four) or a single feat, and one drawback grants an additional trait (for a total of three)
• Variant magical item creation rules are in effect
• Hero point rules are in effect
• Grappled creatures lose their dex bonus to AC against all attackers except for who they are grappling
• All characters may benefit from the power attack and/or weapon finesse feats once they have at least +1 BAB and meet all other requirements the feat would entail (STR 13, light weapon, etc). They are considered as having power attack and weapon finesse for the purpose of gaining feats or access to prestige classes, or any other choice that requires power attack or weapon finesse.
• All 3pp content is allowed, subject to DM permission
• 3.5 content is allowed, subject to DM permission
>>
>>47322689
Listen up, friend, here in the adult world you get called out when you're posting like a smug asshole.
>>
Class-specific changes
• Rogues, ninjas and monks have full BAB
• Combat stamina feat from unchained given for free to all fighters
• Fighters have good will save progression
• All classes without caster levels have a minimum of 4+INT skill points.
• Paladins and Rangers have caster level equal to their class level, not their class level -3
• Alchemists have access to a discovery at level 8 that grants them a caster level equal to their level
>>
>>47322689
My goal as a player is to have a character that I find fun and fits in the world while still keeping both my fellow players (unless there are in character things that go against this) and the DM happy. When playing a game with other people your goal should be to avoid pissing people off. If a DM wants to teach players to think tactically then teach them instead of going for a TPK. Personally I'd rather show them by having the party almost get wiped but instead captured and introducing NPCs at about their power level and party comp who defeat the same enemies through tactics. Show them up instead of being a dick who chases away players.
>>
File: everymorning.png (134 KB, 515x316) Image search: [Google]
everymorning.png
134 KB, 515x316
>Finally get into a game where the GM allows Path of War and PoW:E.
>Finally get to use two years worth of builds
>Get to the table
>Party is: Fighter, Gunslinger, Cavalier, Ranger
>thisismyhell.tar
>>
>>47321824
3 hobgoblins and 3 goblins is a CR 7 or so encounter, possibly 8 due to the ambush. That's if they don't have class levels.

Number of creatures greatly influences the CR after all, as the primary 'weapon' of a party in regards to creatures is the number of actions that they get.
>>
>>47322725
>two drawbacks grant either two more traits (for a total of four) or a single feat, and one drawback grants an additional trait (for a total of three)
I would not allow a feat from two drawbacks most the drawbacks are easily mitigated making it just a free feat.
>>
>>47322745
>• Alchemists have access to a discovery at level 8 that grants them a caster level equal to their level
Why make them waste a discovery on this?
>>
>>47322774
Any of them using pow archetypes?
>>
>>47322819
Nope.
>>
>>47322689
>Nothing more passive aggressive than hoping the DM isn't the only one at the table having fun
>>
>>47322793
If you dislike that kind of thing, why play Pathfinder?
>>
>>47322788
An ambush bumps by more than one, I'd say two at least unless the party has a few people able to act in surprise rounds.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 260x194
>>47322827
He is the dm you are his pawns.
>>
>>47322718
I do.
>>
>>47322793
I was unsure if giving it for free would be overpowered, but I was on the fence about it given that it seems almost like an oversight in the RAW that alchemists can't take item creation feats int he first place.

>>47322792
A fair point. Most feats are far stronger than the penalties for the two drawbacks in the first place. Really it was about granting more flexibility to character building but this may be too much.

Are there any classes other than the ones addressed in >>47322745
that deserve to be buffed? I'm not big on nerfing things at all; I'd rather say "yes, and" instead of "no".
>>
>>47322827
Just more evidence of a shit DM who will run out of players quickly. Not sure if I'd rather he run out of players or wise up and stop being shit.
>>
>>47322221
An "anti-pc creation" means an artificial encounter designed specifically to counter what the players are, and even are doing.

That DC 25 perception check becomes a 38 because someone got a total of 37. Otherwise there'd be no ambush and that's not fair.

>Those two archers in the trees lose deadly aim after comments at the table make one realise that the mage is protected and the accuracy loss would have them miss the rest of the party constantly, so instead they now have improved critical

>The trap's moved ten feet down because it was about to be completely bypassed due to a measuring error by one of the characters making him decide to change his route a bit too much

>The three hobgoblins were originally goblins but the barbarian has DR 2/- now so...

>Ah, he's just run out of fireballs and color sprays for the day. I can pack them up safely then

Shit like that. Shit that mostly wasn't in the original setpiece but is being done as the session goes to ensure maximum kills with minimal change in awarded xp or loot.
>>
>>47322860
>I was unsure if giving it for free would be overpowered, but I was on the fence about it given that it seems almost like an oversight in the RAW that alchemists can't take item creation feats int he first place.
We've been allowing that in our games for a while now (without need for the discovery) and we haven't found it overpowered at all, hence my curiosity about your thinking.
>>
>>47320808
If you really believe that you're all so terrible just for being alive, do yourselves and everyone else a favor and smite yourselves.
>>
>>47322774
Are you me? Be prepared for things like:
>"You're character makes no sense"
>"Oh, you can do ____ now? Well that's overpowered."
>The feeling of scaling a character back because going even 60% would outpreform the party.
>"See this is why I distrust third-party stuff."
>Having really wide shoulders, to carry the party.

Just play a caster
>>
>>47322849
So we're looking at:
6 2nd level players: That's APL 3
A "Challenging" encounter would be a straight-up fight worth 1200xp (CR4)

A group of 3 hobgoblins would be 200xp each and the 3 goblins 405, but each is a group of 3, which bumps the values up to 1600 and 800 respectively.

In an open fight, the party is already facing a 2400xp encounter; which is rated as an "epic" fight.

This assumes they have no levels and only very basic gear: Gear equivalent to a PC would increase the value of an individual monster by 1 CR, and being naked if it's a tool-user would reduce it by 1. Those goblins and hobgoblins sound like they were equipped roughly on the same level as the party but we'll let it slide.

Now, there remains the ambush...
AND THE TRAP, which ITSELF is another 'encounter', adding further to the xp value of this one.

This was an extremely dangerous encounter from the very beginning. The additional conditions and traps took it over "bossfight" and clean into "FUBAR" territory.
>>
>>47322986
>You're character makes no sense
-said by the NE fey tiefling catboy paladin who somehow has a dragon as his divine mount at level 3

>"Oh, you can do ____ now? Well that's overpowered."
The wizard, upon finding out you have a weaker version of Sleep

>"See this is why I distrust third-party stuff."
-The cleric, upon hearing he's no longer better in melee than the fighter because Myrmidon
>>
>>47322986
B-but Anon, I hate casters... and this is probably my only chance to play a Gunsmoke Mystic.
>>
>>47323139
>-said by the NE fey tiefling catboy paladin who somehow has a dragon as his divine mount at level 3

I feel you on that one. I'm in a game in which no one is allowed to be more special than the GM's friends, despite them minmaxing as fuck.
>>
File: paladine 11.jpg (75 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
paladine 11.jpg
75 KB, 565x800
>>47322955
And yet, knowing your guilt in full, you would /choose/ to do further Evil?
>>
>>47323190
Do they also crack down on your abilities if you start outperforming them ever so slightly?
>>
So...a party made up of an Alchemist, Bard(arcane fighter thing w/e), Psionic(kineticist or w/e), and an Inquisitor focused on the more rangerish side. What do you think are the best builds for this party. Also, yes I know there's no tank, but...yeah.
>>
Are there any abilities or items that can increase the range of a Kineticist's blasts?

I'm not Air so Air Reach is out of the question, I'm wondering if there's something that isn't a form infusion out there I can use.
>>
File: KitsuneBardShuguru.png (56 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
KitsuneBardShuguru.png
56 KB, 1280x1280
Did someone ask for the Advanced Bestiary?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl1e18mg7vlefz1/Advanced%20Bestiary%20%28PFE%29.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47322860
That discovery already exists, has no level prereq and gives a side benefit. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/spell-knowledge
>>
File: 1352246376694.jpg (5 KB, 200x171) Image search: [Google]
1352246376694.jpg
5 KB, 200x171
>>47323525
>that spoiler
ohgoddammitno

I didn't ask for this.
>>
>>47323677
If you are familiar with Golarion's lore she works at the Therasic Spire in Kaer Maga, so makes sense I post her picture in that post considering I am delivering a book.
>>
>>47323473
Unfortunately, Increased/Greater range is the only one that comes to mind, sorry. Any particular reason those won't work?
>>
>>47323722
Can't stack form infusions.
>>
>>47323722
Anon probably wants to use other forms at something other than melee range.
>>
>>47323141
I'm just letting a brother know what lies before him. Steel yourself.
>>
>>47323625
That doesn't give you a caster level, anon.
>>
File: 2086026-adam.jpg (21 KB, 677x546) Image search: [Google]
2086026-adam.jpg
21 KB, 677x546
>>47323525
>>
>>47322858
Care to share it?
>>
>>47323846
>Your caster level is equal to your alchemist level
>>
File: dragonslayeretired.jpg (70 KB, 650x873) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayeretired.jpg
70 KB, 650x873
>>47323857
I did already.
Check here.
>>47323525
>>
>>47321798
I would assume it has to, to not break.. EVERYTHING, but the fact that you're asking makes me suspect that if it does, that ALSO breaks something.
>>
>>47321798
>>47323907
Well, if it doesn't, then most defense talents become useless.
>>
>>47323882
That is written like any ability that gives you a spell-like ability. It doesn't outright give you a caster level, just treats your alchemist level as one for the purposes of the spell you learn.
>>
>>47321798
Yes, it will activate your defense talents if you've got them; you're still accepting burn even if it reduces the burn you're actually /taking/.
>>
>>47323525
Always brightens my day seeing this show up.
>>
>>47323958
It's not a spell-like ability, you're explicitly casting it as a spell.
>>
>>47323907
I know there's a 3pp feat that works off that, but it's not too bad, so long as wild talents and kinetic blast ARE separate things.

>Afterburn: If you accept burn from a wild talent (except for your elemental defense), on your next round you can reduce the burn cost of an infusion by 1

The Paladin archetype also has a function where his DR ability goes up by one for a round in the same circumstances.

The BIGGEST one would probably be Skin of the Dragon: your element resist increases to immunity for the round.
>>
>>47323995

Yeah if your DM is mixing 3pp stuff that's something to worry about.
>>
>>47323993
Yes, but the wording is what is important here and why I brought up another example of it. The discovery only gives you a pseudo-caster level for the purposes of that one spell. You don't get a real caster level to take item creation feats.

If you want to houserule it otherwise, it's a good place for it though.
>>
>>47323710
>If you are familiar with Golarion's lore she works at the Therasic Spire in Kaer Maga, so makes sense I post her picture in that post considering I am delivering a book.

You're shitting me.

No really, I refuse to believe Paizo included a titty-monster Kitsune bard in their setting.
>>
>>47324028
>The discovery only gives you a pseudo-caster level for the purposes of that one spell.
It doesn't, though. Compare with http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo---rogue-talents/major-magic-sp which explicitly states "The caster level for this ability is equal to the rogue's level." whereas http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/spell-knowledge has no such qualifications.
>>
File: Halfelfwitch.jpg (721 KB, 725x969) Image search: [Google]
Halfelfwitch.jpg
721 KB, 725x969
>>47324063
You had never read City of Strangers, don't you?
>>
>>47324063
I may not natively believe it.

But I can choose to.

I want to believe.
>>
>>47324063
Anon, I'm pretty sure that's just somebody's super original donut steel OC for a RotRL campaign.
>>
File: tieflinginquisitor.jpg (442 KB, 884x1500) Image search: [Google]
tieflinginquisitor.jpg
442 KB, 884x1500
>>47324144
Yeah, is pretty much that.
The only original thing about Shuguru is that she is ulfen blooded, therefore being more inclined to "filthy baka gaijin" behavior thanks to her father's bad influence than your cliché weaboo shit.
>>
>>47324121
0 instances of the word Kitsune.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-18-17-11-29.png (167 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-18-17-11-29.png
167 KB, 720x1280
>>47323525
What is this?
This doesn't look like Paizo, but I'm unsure. For one is says PF compatible than just PF
>>
Does the PoW trait "Practiced Initiator" (increases Initiator level) also allow you to pick higher level maneuvers sooner? I.e. 2nd level maneuvers with 2 levels warlord and 1 level fighter?
>>
>>47324179
This is your reminder that just because Elsbeth can pull off fat tits doesn't mean you can too.

Your artist is shit and your description is worse than a shitty ERPer.
>>
Is there any alchemical creation or magical item/regular medicine that wakes people up from unconciousness or so?

Like ammonia or smelling salts or something.
>>
>>47324215

Yes.
>>
>>47324199
Its a book by Green Ronin. One of the best templates-based books ever.
It's some 10/10 shit.
>>
>>47324121

Show me the exact passage where they describe this character.
>>
File: noblesorceress.jpg (261 KB, 630x827) Image search: [Google]
noblesorceress.jpg
261 KB, 630x827
>>47324199
Advanced Bestiary is a collection of templates which are intended to make encounters more "interesting".
I see it more as "Rock falls everyone dies: The Book" than just a spice up for when your players get bored of hacking and slashing X monster that predominates in your campaign setting.
>>
>>47323710
No one wants to hear about your heretical fuckdoll of a PC.
>>
File: face_of_hellion.jpg (315 KB, 829x842) Image search: [Google]
face_of_hellion.jpg
315 KB, 829x842
>>47324240
My comment was more aimed to the fact how batshit insane is that book, which would make a titty monster bard look the tamest thing in its page if did show up.
>>
>>47324279
Speak for yourself man.
>>
>>47324222
Yeah, smelling salts:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances
>>
>>47324279

I do.

I want to fuck that titty-beast, and feel shameful for typefucking afterward!
>>
>>47324322
I guess the answer was right under my nose... so to speak.

Uhm, I don't know how I missed that item. Thank you for pointing it out!
>>
File: Gobobusters.jpg (290 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
Gobobusters.jpg
290 KB, 994x1528
>>47324220
Talking about shitty art.
Here, have a copy Field Guide to Lovecraftnian Horrors.
I cannot stand the art Paizo haves for some Mythos monsters, specially that of the Hounds of Tindalos. Makes me cringe every single time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2bazkuimb6e1zm/Field%20Guide%20to%20Lovecraftian%20Horrors.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47324229
Ty.
>>
Does anyone have the pdf for Cerulean Seas: Waves of Thought? The old thread 4 chans up has it but the download doesn't work.
>>
File: sadgungrabber.jpg (31 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
sadgungrabber.jpg
31 KB, 634x358
>>47324342
Didn't he just lose his wife during that picture?
>>
Is combine extract a worthwhile discovery when admixture vial+some boro beads pretty much does everything it does but so much cheaper when compared to a quicken metamagic rod.
>>
>>47324307
>>47324333

They showed up about a week ago with a sheet for a level 10 soundstriker bard, and asked if we had any advice. After the customary REEEEE posts, we told them to clean up their skill list, and someone offered a selection of decent spells.

Also, several people found the character description less-than-impressive.

And now you know the story of that particular Titsune.
>>
>>47324721
Honestly, I'm willing to accept the titsune as canon.

I mean honestly, degenerate as it may be, it's Golarion. It's not exactly gonna be lessened by having tittyvixens.
>>
>>47324721
And your point is?
>>
>>47324848

No point. Someone said they wanted to hear more.
>>
>>47324333
I for one welcome our tittymonster overlords
>>
>>47324721
As one of the original people who went full REEEE on it, it's not really quite as bad as I first made it out to be. It's still pretty bad, but considering some of the players in my own group? It wouldn't exactly be a dealbreaker for a campaign if this showed up, just really awkward.

Can the guy playing this character please tell me this is a joke character? She has to be a joke character. I have a kitsune joke character and he isn't nearly that ridiculous.
>>
>>47324333
Like bob ross says. Gotta have the shame so you know how good the typefucking is.
>>
>>47323995
I think we can all weather the immunity to one element of a fucking kineticist in the party!
>>
>>47324964
Well there's three options. It could be a joke. It could be 'This is a serious character!'-level, or it could just be 'I like tits, you know?'

And I feel like the last one is acceptable too.
>>
I think of variant chimeras today. Remember the gorgimera, thessalmera and orthrus? I don't think that's nearly enough varieties.

How about a chimera with a vrock torso flanked by nightmare and hell or yeth hound heads? Or unicorn and metallic dragon heads flanking a hound archon torso, blink dog or lammasu head?
>>
>>47322725
>• Variant magical item creation rules are in effect
What are those?
>>
>>47321801

The bestiary has a lot of high-CR things that are GREAT at murdering the shit out of dudes in armor on the ground and utterly unequipped to respond to any tactic more sophisticated than "walk up to it and hit it 'til it dies."
>>
File: Greevana.jpg (221 KB, 800x1214) Image search: [Google]
Greevana.jpg
221 KB, 800x1214
>>47324964
Of course it is.
You see, the Rise of the Runelords campaign that I had been playing from the first module started very good. Decent players that were talented roleplayers, then this croatian guy appeared with the most retarded, trolltasted idea ever:
A vanara investigator.
Since our GM is a simpleton inexperienced guy that I even have to constantly guide and correct, he agreed to let this massive That Guy in our game.
The result was that the decent players flee from the game like Schopenhauer from the plague. I even killed my serious character, a human alchemist (chirurgeon) because it was going to be a waste play him in such conditions and came with the idea of Shuguru.
The rest of the party is also not serious at all, with a dorf warpriest named Boulder Bouldirson and an edgy overlord snow elf goliath druid. The most recent addition is a retarded aasimar swashbuckler.
>>
>>47325119
Why not just stop at aberrations and naturally devolve into chimeras as ideas conflate. Start with simple pleasures, like the

Porcudiru
>Porcupine Fish (Spiny Pufferfish) + Candiru

Then move to more esoteric tastes like the

Ducallon
>Hermean Blue-billed Duck + Girallon
>>
>>47325289
The chimera and chimerical monsters aren't aberrations. They're magical beasts.
>>
>>47325414
You'd think a Ducallon was magical too if you saw one in mating season.
>>
File: GGZapPANIC.jpg (438 KB, 894x686) Image search: [Google]
GGZapPANIC.jpg
438 KB, 894x686
>>47325249
That makes it much less awful, at least.

>vanara investigator
>trolltastic idea

It looks like kind of a dumb race, but maybe I'm just not aware of what makes this so terrible.

I made the mistake of showing your character art to someone in my group. The fact they liked it has me really worried.
>>
File: image.gif (38 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
38 KB, 400x396
>>47325119
I'm sold.
>>
>>47325476
She's hot bruh. Furry stigma's fading fast these days.
>>
File: Pathfinderhorrorpictureshow.jpg (110 KB, 800x1086) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinderhorrorpictureshow.jpg
110 KB, 800x1086
>>47325476
Not only out of place even if Rise of the Runelords takes place in Varisia and there is Kaer Maga to explain the special snowflake bullshit.
To add salt to the wound is a steel hound, which allows the use of firearms and since our GM is a dimwit he couldn't tell the difference between early and modern firearms power trip wise and the fucking vanara is using a revolver all the time now.
Also the croatian is a brony that loves to sabotage other players who outperform him and a drama queen. I could even post in here some samples of his awful roleplay but I am a human being, not a monster.
If you ever create a game in Roll20 and a guy called Zarhon pops out asking to join, kill it with fire
>>
>>47322725
Change the PA/weapon finesse thing to include anything that's a toggle, namely shit like Combat Expertise/Piranha Strike/that PoW feat that's bad and gives temp HP

Allow people to use the called shot rules if they want

All characters gain a minimum of 4 skill points per level before int, because we all know that even background skills don't give you enough to get both necessary and fluff stuff

Allow the Occupation rules: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/variant-rules-3rd-party/adamant-entertainment/backgrounds-occupations

Instate the Making Craft Work rules to help unfuck that mess

Use some sort of a fix to unfuck poison rules
>>
Other than steelforge, what mundane item enhancements do people here know about? 3.5, pf, anything, even if it's a conversion/homebrew
>>
>>47325614
Bunch of templates in DMG2 from 3.5, namely a weapon-finesse for free weapon mod (feycraft), and several things to reduce ASF.
>>
If martials are able to full attack and perform an action in the same action, would that be overkill?
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>47325553
Steel hound, and by extension guns themselves, are kind of shitty and require ridiculous investment as far as I know. That said, if they don't fit what the group wants, then they probably shouldn't be in.

>... a brony that loves to sabotage other players who outperform him and a drama queen
Hanging around entire groups of bronies has numbed me to that entire subculture, but whenever one of them acts like a drama queen they're ALWAYS the worst kind of person. My condolences.

I don't think I will ever use the roll20 LFG function ever again, unless I'm already with people I like being around. The last batch of people I played with through it were all disorganized, annoying assholes.
>>
File: Godinabottle.jpg (212 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Godinabottle.jpg
212 KB, 600x900
>>47325708
>That said, if they don't fit what the group wants, then they probably shouldn't be in.

The whole character as a concept didn't fit in. The party originally was mostly humans except for a half-elf then this asshole pop out.
>>
Sorta-Pathfinder noob here. Are there any predominantly-spellcaster classes that can pass as half-decent tanks? Or tanks of any grade?
>>
>>47325882
Preferably arcane, I should specify.
>>
>>47325882
>d6 hit die
>half decent tanks
lol?
>>
>>47325882
Well what are you looking to do?
>>
>>47325882
A couple of Magus Builds.
>>
>>47325931
Barriers and protective enchantments, mainly.
>>
File: FFT - white monk.jpg (103 KB, 1000x708) Image search: [Google]
FFT - white monk.jpg
103 KB, 1000x708
>>47325707
What kind of action?

>>47325882
Cleric, and maybe Druid.
>>
>>47325882
Go for concealment
>>
>>47325707
Would be good for Fighters, I don't think it should be universal though, and the other severe problem classes (Swash+Gunslinger) need completely different fixes.
>>
>>47325882
A scarred mourner (beguiler archetype) can be pretty good for a lockdown-type build.
>>
>>47325151
Rough rundown of the Dynamic Magic Item Creation rules:
>Making magic items now requires multiple skill checks instead of just spellcraft
>Taking 10 not allowed
>Base cost to make an item is 85% of market price, can be reduced and made faster if you do well with your rolls
>There is always one starting challenge, one finishing challenge, and at least one challenge in the middle (1 for every 5k market price)
>Roll on the table to see what challenge you do

>Each challenge has two skill rolls
>You do not have to pass each skill roll, or any, but failing may give your item flaws like BEES coming out of it constantly and passing more checks might give you bonuses like having it increase all sources of magical healing by 1
>Any character in the party can take part in the check so only one guy needs the feats

Generally it's worse for low level characters since most of the DCs tend to be in the 15-25 mark and you can't take 10 like normal magic item crafting, also normal magic item crafting means you essentially double your WBL.

With these rules at around level 8-10 you start to be able to guarantee success on the crafting rolls so it starts to end up with you making items at 65% market price with a couple of perks.

>47325595
I was considering Combat Expertise as well. Never heard of Piranha Strike, Martial Power might be a good call

>called shots
Added

>4 skills/level
The other post with the class tweaks says that non-casters get minimum of 4+int

>occupation
Hadn't heard of these. Added

>Making Craft Work rules
I like this. Added

>poison
I have no idea where to start. I'd expect that it would involve massively reducing the time it takes to craft. I could homebrew a system like the Dynamic Magic Item Creation stuff where you need to track down elusive ingredients with knowledge local, and alchemy check to finalise the poison, and if they roll well or use more doses thent he save DC could be higher.

I'll post over the next few days with some ideas.
>>
>>47325882
CoDzilla
>>
>>47325882
A wizard can summon monsters to grapple and shut down enemy characters.

A druid has good frontline potential with shapeshifting abilities.

A cleric has access to buffs (arguably they would all take too long to cast during battle) but is still pretty tanky, we have a cleric who hit something like 40AC at level 10 but that was a rare case
>>
>>47320609
Do they held hands?
>>
File: Shae.jpg (181 KB, 914x1000) Image search: [Google]
Shae.jpg
181 KB, 914x1000
Would gestalting a Beguiler with Umbral Blade (Haven't decided what to prestige from yet) be too much overlap?
>>
>>47325882
>>47325902
Bloodrager
Kensai

Actually most arcane caster can do it with Mirror Image + Displacement.
>>
File: Magus comm (YamaOrce).jpg (147 KB, 639x900) Image search: [Google]
Magus comm (YamaOrce).jpg
147 KB, 639x900
>>47325882
>http://pathminder.github.io/
>http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
>http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?233029-PF-Optimization-Guides-Compendium

Some of these are old.
>>
File: WhoCaresLmao.jpg (92 KB, 630x624) Image search: [Google]
WhoCaresLmao.jpg
92 KB, 630x624
We have ways of using Dex in your physical attacks instead of Str, but what about Con? If there currently is none, what would be a suitable limitation for getting such a good stat to either attack or damage?
>>
>>47326711
Kineticist with a conductive sword
>>
File: 1268002763808.jpg (49 KB, 339x500) Image search: [Google]
1268002763808.jpg
49 KB, 339x500
>>47326711
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/gettingStarted.html

>Strength measures muscle and physical power.
>Dexterity measures agility, reflexes, and balance.
>Constitution represents your character's health and stamina.

Str - Offense
Dex - Offense and Defense
Con - Defense

Why do you want to make Con an offensive stat?
>>
>>47326711
The SoP Nature book has the avalanche quality, which gets you con to damage.
>>
Would Mithril Dzejet Skin Armor make any sense whatsoever?
>>
>>47326852
No
>>
>>47326852
isn't Djezet Skin a 'Specific' magic armor? Meaning it can't be given new enchantments or materials, like Wondrous items?
>>
So you guys are the only place in the internet that has played PoW, so here's a question:

How much disciplines do you invest your known maneuvers into usually? 2? 3? 4?
>>
>>47326875
2.5, generally. Two focus discs and a dip into a third.

For archetype initiators, 1.5.
>>
>>47326875
Depends on the discipline and what they use the skill for.
Like if you use zenith strikes you want to max the associated skill. Also if you use that stance that gives heal ranks to stealth, it all depends on what you are using.
>>
File: Armor Master's Handbook - 27.png (366 KB, 804x1044) Image search: [Google]
Armor Master's Handbook - 27.png
366 KB, 804x1044
>>47326852
No. What are you trying to accomplish?

>>47326875
Can you reword this question. I'm low on blood, so this doesn't quite make as much sense as it should.
>>
>>47326871
>>47326852
>>47326860
Dzejet Skin is already a special material.
Mithral Dzejet Skin make as much sense as an Adamantine Mithral Chain or Greenwood Darkwood Buckler.
>>
>>47326711
Just like Dex needs weapons of a certain category, it could be a feat for Con to attack/damage with Brace weapons. But only when bracing.
>>
Are there any non-evil hags?
>>
>>47327022
Nope.
>>
>>47327057
Now we know what someone's next special snowflake character will be.
>>
>>47327022
Your mother.
only because animals are neutral
>>
>>47327057
>>47327080
>>47327093
Can hags have the capability to be good? I want my players to be able to meet a nice old grandmother hag NPC.
>>
>>47327119
Gyronna would smite them if they did.
>>
>>47327119
No
Go read what a hag is and what they do.
>>
>>47327119
The closest one I can remember is Sora Teraza, a LN female dusk hag Cleric in Eberron.

Just because they're evil, doesn't mean they have to be mean. LE or LN can be a nice grandmother type character.
>>
>>47326914
The character has 24 Dex. I'm honestly amazed it even has a max Dex to it, considering it's a second skin type deal.
>>
Is allowing the split ray feat from 3.5 a bad call?

I can imagine a wizard or sorcerer just getting the traits to reduce metamagic cost on enervation and then having 2d4 negative levels on an enemy multiple time per day from level 7.
>>
File: Baki Ogre 071-005.jpg (198 KB, 750x1169) Image search: [Google]
Baki Ogre 071-005.jpg
198 KB, 750x1169
>>47327212
You can get a Dex so high that your skin cannot keep up with your flexibility.

I don't know what than number is, but there is a corresponding Str score that is so high that your skin cannot contain your muscles.
>>
>>47327306
Source?
>>
File: Baki Ogre 072-017.jpg (141 KB, 974x750) Image search: [Google]
Baki Ogre 072-017.jpg
141 KB, 974x750
>>47327327
Baki - Son of Ogre.

Read in this order:

Baki the Grappler
New Grappler Baki
Baki - Son of Ogre
Baki Dou

The translations are unfinished for a lot of them.
>>
>>47327327
His ass.

>>47327355
Or, apparently, his Japanese animes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.