[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
Warhammer Fantasy General: Cause Beer, Immune to Psychology Edition

Remember to ignore or report shitposters and off-topic discussion.

Previous thread: >>47172349
>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age

>Total War: Warhammer (Now confirmed to have mod support!)
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide (Drachenfels DLC confirmed!)
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned (New Warbands in production!)
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2 (More races on the way!)
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War (First patch out, improved world plus Orc/Pirate ports, raids, and Khorne/Beastmen)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
Google "Unsupported Age", because we can't link blogs here.
>>
>>47226466
Shit, that's not the last thread, this one is
>>47203305
>>
File: 1458635015458.jpg (368 KB, 490x950) Image search: [Google]
1458635015458.jpg
368 KB, 490x950
>>472264766
First for hopefully this thread will have minimal shit posting!
>>
Anybody played this http://www.wyrdwars.com/ ?

Looked kind of interesting, thinking of giving it a shot.
>>
Speculation time: what was the great plan of the old ones? What was it supposed to achieve?
>>
Would you pat a skaven?
>>
>>47226835
It was just their build que for the warhammer fantasy world.

Warhammer was once based a great deal more in pun and pun like humor.
>>
File: slann.jpg (471 KB, 816x1094) Image search: [Google]
slann.jpg
471 KB, 816x1094
>>47226835
To create paradise?
They were fucking around with playing god, and then chaos happened, fucked up their shit and left the Lizardmen scratching their heads about what just happened, when nobody picked up the phone to tell them what to do anymore. So they continued protecting what they could (considering they are bound by climate) and safeguarded their ancient relics (like laserguns and forcefields) carefully.
In the meantime everybody else went crazy and blew each other up with magic, cause nobody could handle it, because nobody except the Slann were meant to have it in the first place. And the Slann were basically there for terraforming purposes.

And the old ones themselves never made it back.

So the question is, was the old world just a failed experiment like a petri dish that they discarded after being interrupted halfway through the process or was it supposed to be their magnum opus, leaving a lasting legacy to the universe, that was tragically sabotaged by something they could not have foreseen.

Anyway in the end the whole planet blew up and nothing that happened after that made sense at all anymore.

But yeah, judging by the interrupted terraforming the Old World probably ended up looking nothing like what the Slann wanted to do in the first place.
I don't think I ever read anybody in-universe even speculate about what their plan was, since the only guys that could have possibly known, were literally lizardbrains and had no other agenda besides following orders to begin with.

Whether or not Sotek really happened and what not was always left ambigious, even if the Slann eventually came around and decided he was a thing it could just as well have been a political move throwing the now more independent skinks a political bone.

At least that's my own crackpot theory about it all.
>>
File: Lizardmen_temple-pyramid.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lizardmen_temple-pyramid.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>47227212
I mean maybe the old ones just wanted to grow some quality weed on a grand scale.
Just look at all that smoke.
>>
>>47227312
So Slaanesh got jealous of their dank grow-op and tricked the other Chaos Gods into putting a stop to it?
>>
>>47228152
Reading through Gotrek and Felix, on Beastslayer now even if it's killing my sleep schedule.
>>
>>47227212
>The Grinch is serious about stealing Christmas this year
>>
>>47228216

That could just be evidence of poor website design.
>>
>>47228482
Doesn't matter what edition or game of Warhammer you play, X-Wing is killing our hobby.

They already got me too.
>>
>>47228685
No, use X-Wing to hammer home how much people like solid rules design.
>>
File: bretonnia.jpg (187 KB, 767x998) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia.jpg
187 KB, 767x998
Reminder of what could have been if Bretonnia got an update.
>>
>>47226835
To uplift ordered creatures that would be able to integrate chaotic qualities (imagination, will, power and a certain dose of ignorance; in short a soul) to win the struggle of relativity of the material plane to the immaterial and not succumb to it.
It was stopped before humans were able to reach that "overhuman" state and twisted by chaos.
Sigmar (and the emperor in 40k) could have been one of those beings that closed the most the gap to reaching such self governing state.
>>
>>47227212
>So the question is, was the old world just a failed experiment like a petri dish that they discarded after being interrupted halfway through the process or was it supposed to be their magnum opus, leaving a lasting legacy to the universe, that was tragically sabotaged by something they could not have foreseen.
In the introductions to the old world it is often referred as being "central" to the multiversal plan of the old ones, so I don't think it was something unimportant in the great design.
>>
>>47228482

I like how Hastings makes mention of AoS not appearing in top five best selling games worldwide and doesn't bother to present any evidence. I have to wonder if he is thinking of the ICv2 charts, which only account for the US. Not that I'm arguing that he is wrong about AoS sales, just find it funny that he offers no evidence.

Hastings is honestly one of the first people that come to mind when I think of salty GW grognard. For someone who apparently doesn't traffic much in GW rumors because he doesn't care for their games anymore, he certainly finds time in his schedule to be a piss poor shitposter. Which suggests to me that even if he doesn't care about GW's games, he still has some massive chip on shoulder about the company.

>>47228753

X-Wing is selling on more than just that, it's Star Wars and easy to get into on multiple levels.

I said it in another thread, but X-Wing is something of a threat to traditional wargames as they stand. It already has games to go along with it like Star Wars Armada and games like Star Trek Attack Wing which I imagine are similar.
>>
>>47229192
>I said it in another thread, but X-Wing is something of a threat to traditional wargames as they stand
X-wing is threat only for such AAA equivalent as Warhammer.
>>
>>47229254

Possibly, but I can imagine the fact that you don't need to paint being a threat for even skirmish games, particularly those like Warmachine and Hordes which don't always have stellar models in terms of quality.
>>
>>47227478
The only good part in end times was when Throgg killed sigvald and pissed on his corpse. Felt like a proper troll thing to do
>>
Is there an actual possibility for WG to get back to wfb if AoS tanks strong enough?

I would't mind AoS becoming a sort of tie-in and then a different game line altogether without sacrificing WFB
>>
Anybody have reiksguard art?
>>
>>47228894
Looks kinda tacky.
>>
>>47229429
I would't mind keeping both AoS and WFB, with interchangable miniatures and maybe some rules for stomcast and shit in the other game as special units.

AoS could be the WFB afterlife/alternate destiny after some heroes manage to alter the past with some magic mumbo jumbo and change some details in end times that allows it to end favourably.

I.e. Valten survives and bitchslaps archaon, thorgrim grudgebearer survives the eshin blades, mannfred doesn't shit on everything out of spite.

It wouldn't be that terrible to introduce new heroes inthe old races, i'm totally fine with some things changing.

Like, i'm fine with karl franz dying and the vampire counts get actually nominated counts.

All in all change the setting a bit, leave more dark corners to allow creativity but all in all leave things in balance because all this shit about progressing the plot is asinine
>>
>>47229492
>creativity
>AoS
Nice fanfic
>>
>>47229551
>not-bad models
>literally homo and tranny elves
Top fucking kek, well done GW.
>>
>>47229535
Not in AoS you halfwit

In WFB, new and improved, after AoS

This is a WFB i mention AoS only if marginally.pertinent
>>
>>47229577
>Not in AoS you halfwit
Even in AoS it's still be your fanfic.
>>
>>47229590
Are you even capable of reading comprehension?

But wait i get it now. This is bait
>>
>>47229410

No, because GW has probably put a decent amount of resources into AoS.

There is no real reason to go back to Fantasy either since the market for the past so many years has been in games that are easy to get into and don't cost an arm and a leg. Fantasy's death did not bring about some great hole where everyone and their mother is trying to get a piece of the rank and file pie, because it's not that big. The only people with any interest are those like Mantic whose MO is to basically be like GW.

There is no new fanbase to appeal to, only old Fantasy fans. A decent number of which are toxic and complain if they're not specifically catered to.

>>47229492

>because all this shit about progressing the plot is asinine

It's really not, there is a reason why most miniature games these days are following the progressive plot model.

People just bought the horseshit of "It's a setting u guise:)" because GW utterly fucked up and wrote themselves into a corner twice.

>>47229551

The Mistweaver isn't really a Dark Elf, in fact it's closer to a High Elf as indicated by the crescent moons.

All in all though, you probably should stop trying to look for correlations between Fantasy armies and new AoS models because while the latter may draw inspiration from the former, they're under no obligation to be 1:1 recreations.
>>
>>47229632
I don't really see why the plot should progress in any way.

Slight changes to the setting still fon't count ad plot progression, even if the leader of a faction changes name and the old one dies, or if another faction gets the upper hand, the plot doesn't really progress.
>>
>>47229632
>It's really not, there is a reason why most miniature games these days are following the progressive plot model.

I blame aspergers.
>>
>>47229638
>that's regular elves
Because some GW shill say it?
>>
>>47229551
>One'd think something called "mistweaver" would be wood elf.
It is the Helves who actively use magical mists to cover their island though.
>>
>>47229692

>I don't really see why the plot should progress in any way.

Because it keeps things fresh and interesting, it allows things to be done with the personal stories of characters fans might like, it allows for the introduction of new models in a natural way rather than pretending that they've always existed.

40k and Fantasy are nice for the depth that can exist, but as that is explored, things quickly end up becoming very dry. This is particularly true of Fantasy which had much less time overall to work with than 40k, an ace up the latter's sleeve. A progressive plot doesn't meant you can't have depth either, Warmachine has quite a few RPG books going into the nooks and crannies of how its factions basically function.

>>47229694

>his stuff reminds me of sorceress's staff from black dragon kit, and those seem more like crescent blades, than moon symbols.

Eh, I saw more High Elf, though foremost was 40k Shadowseer.

Like I said, the new models probably can't be pidgeonholed into being this Fantasy army or another. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up belong to a faction that is akin to the Harlequins or the Wood Elves that were devoted to Loec.

>but what use I have for progressive plot, if my version of the setting has diverged from it at some point?

This is a decent point and I'd argue that you really don't matter. You and people you play with could ignore the progressive plot without things really changing. I'm not sure how many players there really are that try to create a character for their army, let alone create their own headcanon.

>>47229735

Then Priestly must have somehow recently contracted it, since he stated in an interview that he wants Gates of Antares' future to be influenced by the players, akin to the old events GW used to hold.
>>
>>47229632
>People just bought the horseshit of "It's a setting u guise:)" because GW utterly fucked up and wrote themselves into a corner twice.
People bought the still setting because it is more free to be used by the players and less inclined to be milked into degeneration by marketers (see superheros comics)

Companies follow the moving plot because it sells, not because it makes a better creation
Franchises getting removed from the direction of creatives in the hand of marketers undermines the quality of IP, it is not good
>the fanbase is small and toxic
Ok, bud
>>
>>47229632
>AoS player
>talking about small playerbase
>>
>>47229830
It's both, waaaagh grom specifically mentions the mists that cloud ulthuan from conventional routes

>no way to hide a continent
It's elves
>>
>>47229848
>Gates of Antares' future to be influenced by the players,
Hey shill, look here is the problem, BY THE PLAYERS, not managers and 40kfans.
>>
>>47229907
Why would 40K players be influencing Gate of Antares's future?
>>
>>47229927
Well, actually dunno, but it's your point since you defending GW.
>>
>>47229882

Guess what, you can have a setting and progress it too.

Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, and Malifaux all do this.

Only 40k and Fantasy players cling to the idea that if a setting progresses it somehow stops being a setting and becomes a story.

Your argument also doesn't hold much water considering how much GW has changed certain factions of both 40k and Fantasy over the past three decades. Just like some cling to the past in the aforementioned, so could any of those in the above games.

>>47229889

>abloobloobloo he said something mean about me, he must play AoS!

First, I don't play AoS, second what I said pretty true. It also applies to 40k players as well, going by their online ramblings both communities are full of miserable fucking human beings who only know how to bitch when they don't get what they want.

I've not really spent much time among the other portions of the fanbase such as those who play Bloodbowl, LotR, Mordheim, Necromunda, Epic, Battlefleet Gothic, etc. However given that a few of those have actually managed to get their shit together and do their own thing even when GW cut them off from the teat shows that they're different.
>>
>>47229848
>Then Priestly must have somehow recently contracted it, since he stated in an interview that he wants Gates of Antares' future to be influenced by the players, akin to the old events GW used to hold.

I think having an update of a setting once a year or so is hardly a problem. Having it be a story that has to leads up to something huge like the End Times that changes the fundaments of a setting is just stupid for a tabletop setting. It's like writing an ending for DnD, which I recall they did and that too was retarded.
>>
>>47229935
I am not the same guy with the huge post. I was just wondering how "40Kfans", who will not play Gates of Antares, will shape the future of the game.

Are you just throwing random words around? If that's the case, then you are acting retarded.
>>
>>47229954
>First, I don't play AoS
Yeah you just came here and starts shilling for new AoS models and the whole AoS.
>>
>>47229959

Who said anything about the setting going through radical change?

Once again, I point towards Warmachine and Hordes who are wrapping up their current storylines that have been going for a decade on longer because a new edition is coming out for both. So far the changes aren't exactly world altering.

>>47229996

I keep abreast of things, that doesn't mean I play the games.

As far as I'm concerned, AoS has a few bright spots and GW could be making a good step forward with some of the changes supposedly coming down the pike. On the other hand they could completely fuck up such changes and the setting is still pretty messy.

I liked the Fantasy setting and models, what I didn't entirely care for were the rules and what I certainly came to detest was the online fanbase which I found to be just as bad as or worse than the adherents of its younger brother.
>>
>>47229954
>Your argument also doesn't hold much water considering how much GW has changed certain factions of both 40k and Fantasy over the past three decades.
There must be a misunderstanding, I'm not arguing against change in all its forms, but progression of a setting as it is commonly done: Capeshit
Perhaps entertaining but ultimately bad for the purposes of worldbuilding since the focus shifts from factions led by characters to characters bringing factions, I don't know if I've got the point across.

I'd would also say that change for change's sake is doesn't bring good development, even the evolution of the factions during the decades have been driven by more reasoning than just "lets shake things up so people buy more", that happened with the rules mainly, aesthetics were led by the desire to explore previously unexpressed ideas, it is a creative process (ultimately for selling, but it is arguably the more direct reason)

I still have to see story driven settings that manage better worldbuilding than retroactive addition nor I see why it would be that way.
>>
>>47230076

>Perhaps entertaining but ultimately bad for the purposes of worldbuilding since the focus shifts from factions led by characters to characters bringing factions

Not if you produce the right books.

I've seen a few people say that the fleshing out of Fantasy mostly came from the RPGs, which is how Warmachine and Hordes have handled things. The big books they'd release every so often would advance certain storylines (As of the newest addition they're going to move this over to their publishing arm so that the story isn't held up by the rules and so that they can better explore it.), the books for each army were akin to an army book or codex, and the RPG books covered the factions at large and world at large in greater detail.

The advancement does not have to be rapid either, I don't know much about Warmachines and Hordes, but from what I gather the overall timeline has seemingly advanced around five years or less in the span of a decade.

Personally I find this approach much better for worldbuilding because the progression of time leads to the facilitation of things. For example, Privateer Press is going to add a new faction to Hordes in 2017. There are hints that this new faction is going to come from an unexplored continent which has always existed, but for whom trade with the nations on the continent where the Warmachine and Hordes storyline takes place has been almost non-existent until recently.

Applied to Warhammer this could have led to Cathay, Ind, or other places being made part of the game in a natural manner rather than the way GW would have likely handled it which would be to hamfistedly insist those countries and the other factions already present in Fantasy have somehow been fighting for hundreds of years already.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 601x601
>>47228183
>12 year old me reading Gotrek and Felix in the evening
>they eat some bread and cheese in the book
>get myself a chunk
of read and cheese from the kitchen
>keep reading

Those were the days
>>
>>47229410
WFB will go through a second golden age on PC Gaming. But it will never come back big on tabletop
>>
>>47230299
I only had a cat
>>
>>47230325
I honestly didn't enjoy the fight scenes half as much as the travelling, camping and eating parts to be honest, it was mostly just Gotrek swinging his axe in a large 8 and felix following him
>>
>>47230247
And that would be good advancement indeed since the plot doesn't move with the characters but the characters move with the plot, but you will understand that people fear this kind of thing is not going on with GW considering they have done the end times the way it happened and how in the AoS things revolve around the big buys like archaon making the rest appear ineffectual or unimportant.

I for one would have liked if the end times presented plotlines without closing them immediately:
Civil war between the elves steps up a notch after the rumored death of the phoenix king and doubts of malekith being the rightful king or subfactions like the witches or how the guys following tyrion were called falling to khaine, or caledor becoming independent

Pestilens ongoing invasion of lustria, the preparations and counters to stop the moon and its meteors creating possibly new fallout sites like mordheim to set anonymous stories in

The vampires still loyal to nagash reviving him and the war of the undead unfolding

Presenting a nurglish battlefront or the official reveal of the skaven to the old world by the invasion of tilea and estalia (without outright destroying them)

The civil war in bretonnia and the expansionist ire of the worldroots

Even the introduction of the order angels ala srormcast or the fyreslayers as the return of the son of grimnir from his fight in hell at the time of the great catastrophe

These would have ways to expand a setting without resorting to story (beginning-execution-end) driven ramifications or outright limitations like the end times went

All setting will inevitably reach a moment of oversaturation and seemingly impossible advancement, like they will instead fall into repetitiveness and meaninglessness if it goes the other direction

Being relatively more stagnant than prone to revolutions at least allows to stop at a more suitable moment
>>
>>47230286
>23 year old me reading the Gotrek and Felix books for the first to get my mind off things
>still bummed out about collapsed relationship with ex-gf
>Ulrika hits awfully close to home with her drama bullshit and she basically has the same personality as my ex-gf
>realise that I probably got lucky that my ex-gf cheated on me and that she now is some other guys problem
>finds out later that ex-gf has been diagnosed with schizophrenia
>>
>>47230350
Same here. I never enjoyed the extended fight scenes in most BL books. Although, it was fine in Trollslayer because William King was working with short stories and didn't dedicate 10-30 pages in a row to action.
>>
>>47230493
turks had jannissaries.

and there is no ottoman empire in whfb, I guess Greenskins take their role in the universe with threatening from the south-east all the time
>>
>>47230493
>Who are orcs and goblins
>>
>>47230529
We have Rat people, Goat People, Lizard People, even Horse People and Dragon People

But we don't have Roach People
>>
File: 1462309228174.gif (4 MB, 200x360) Image search: [Google]
1462309228174.gif
4 MB, 200x360
>>47230529
>implying Koksal Baba isn't night goblin boss
>>
>>47230566
Literally, who?
>>
File: image.jpg (403 KB, 829x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403 KB, 829x774
>>47230556
Presumingly they would be somewhere in Kislev.

>>47230563
Don't you mean the Arachnid Xenomorphs?
>>
>>47230649
But Kislev didn't have mayor from Araby.
>>
>>47230668
In a potential future it could happen.
>>
Do any of you collect pirates of sartosa?
>>
File: maw krusha.jpg (65 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
maw krusha.jpg
65 KB, 600x620
So I'm the anon who's planning on doing that campaign in Bretonnia - I think I posted about it last night.

Anyway, I want the Orc warboss in the area to be the biggest, most brutal green bastard ever to blight the Old World, and I was thinking of using pic related for him, since he's friggin' huge.

Only thing is - what rules to use?

I've thought of two options, 1. Starting with a regular Wyvern as a base, but adding to its characteristics to represent the model better (maybe +1 to toughness, wounds, and armour save), or 2. Just using the Stonehorn profile (including impact hits etc) and ignoring the fact it can't fly since, when you look at the model, it really shouldn't have the Fly rule.

What do you think? Is there any better way to represent it?
>>
>>47230768
In EU and NY may be.
>>
>>47231015
...did...did you read the post at all? Or did the picture of an AoS model send you into such a rage-filled tizzy that you lost the ability to see and just mashed the keyboard with your palm?

I was asking for suggestions on how to represent the model in 8th edition, btw.
>>
>>47231131
You

see

>>47231089

It is a troll, mate.
>>
>>47231131
>I was asking for suggestions on how to represent the model in 8th edition, btw.
How about you go to your general with you Warcraft models?
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1024x768
>>47231131
Just ignore the blatant shitpost fairy

GW still do sell the Azhag model. It's finecast but it's cheaper and looks like it can fly.
>>
Will we ever get to buy warhammer fantasy again? Where do you guys buy nowadays?
>>
>>47230967
The mount gives that orcish big bad feeling, and using a stonehorn profile seems good (maybe drop the halved multiple wounds tho) but the orc is atrocious, personally, I'd get a generic warboss model and make some greenstuff magic, these little custom unique characters give a lot of life to a campaign
>>
>>47231691
Try to get in contact with chinaman, or look for alternative mini companies
>>
File: Banners.png (90 KB, 735x563) Image search: [Google]
Banners.png
90 KB, 735x563
Lords-(683)-
- Great Khan (Hoardmaster, Heart-Ripper, Mammoth-Hide Cloak, Dusk Stone, Potion of Swiftness)-305
- Great Shaman (Rottenjaw, Level 4, Talisman of Greater Shielding, Gem of Fortune, Dispel Scroll, Iron Fist, Path of Butchery)-378

Heroes-(195)-
- Khan (Battle Standard Bearer, Dragonscale Helm, Dragonskin Banner, Ironfist)-195

Core-(899)-
- 12x Bruisers (Champion, Musician, Veteran Standard Bearer, Banner of Speed)-551
- 9x Warriors (Heavy Armour, Iron Fists, Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer)-348

Special-(480)-
- 6x Mercenary Veterans (Poisoned Attacks, +1 Ballistic Skill, Brace of Ogre Pistols, Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer)-360
- 1x Sabretooth Tiger-40
- 1x Sabretooth Tiger-40
- 1x Sabretooth Tiger-40

Rare-(190)-
- Frost Mammoth-190

2447/2500

For those who don't know 9th,
Great Khans are Tyrants
Great Shamans are Slaughtermasters
Khans are Bruisers
Bruisers are Ironguts
Warriors are Bulls
Mercenary Veterans are Maneaters
Sabretooth Tigers are Sabretusks
Frost Mammoth is a Thundertusk

Divine attacks is "reroll successful Ward saves against these"

What do I do with the leftover 53 points? I can only really add a magic banner to my Maneaters and add a 10th Ogre.

Which Banner should I add?
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 700x467
>>47231691
Ebay can be good, but some people ask for a lot of money and the shipping can also hike up the prices to retarded levels. Other manufacturers got a lot of decent to good proxies.

I would consider using these not-Savage Orcs as Bloodletters.
>>
>>47231691
ebay and calivers books for me, since i live in world's arsehole and have no FLGSs
>>
>>47230967
>maw crusha
>M6 WS4 BS0 S8 T7 W6 I1 A4 LD6
>scaly skin(4+), stupidty, too tough for gravity, impact hits (d6), brain-splitting roar
>too tough for gravity: the maw-crusha's design wouldn't allow it to lift off the ground but he does it anyway; the model counts as having the fly special rule for all intents and purposes with the exception its flight movement is 12" rather than 20"
>brain splitting roar: fear and terror tests caused by a maw crusha suffer a penalty of -1 to ld, regardless of whether the test is passed or not, if the result contained a double each model of that unit in base of contact with the maw-crusha must also pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour saves allowed as the strenght of the roar reaches heights that could shake the foundations of an edifice.

>-can upgrade to have offensive barding: reduces the WS of the mawcrusha to 3 but increases the impact hits and the armour save of the maw-crusha and its rider by 1
>-can upgrade to have a bone-crunching bite: the maw-crusha can choose, instead of doing 2 of its attacks, to do a single bite attack (which has a +1 to hit against large targets) with the heroic killing blow special rule.

I don't know about the cost but I would take the star dragon as point of reference and drop down the cost accordingly
the upgrades should be between 10 and 25pts since they all come as a sidegrade or a mere alternative option

alternatively the roar could be replaced with a template attack that causes toughness tests or work similarly to the terrorgheist but I thought this would be a bit more appropriate

what do you think?
>>
>>47229192
The citation comes from a survey of North American stores.

Also, X-Wing is a ruleset that has existed for decades as a World War 1 game. They only modified it to take on IPs like Heroclix, but unlike Heroclix its fun and has decent paintjobs.
>>
is Azhag standing on Skullmuncha or does he have a sadle? hard to see from the pics at GW site
>>
File: sad pirate cunt.jpg (13 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
sad pirate cunt.jpg
13 KB, 302x167
>>47231703
>>47231707
>>47231764
>>47232115
but warhammer fantasy will go back into production right? I only recently got into it and I want to have a pirates of sartosa army.
>>
>>47229808
>>47229894

Fucking wrong.m, read the lore before you run you shit mouth off.

Ulthuan is naturally covered in mists.

The High Elf defenses are small sentient islands that sink ships like underwater kamikaze pilots and making shit so it can't be plotted on a map and your path loops back in on itself so you get lost forever in the same mile of terrain.
>>
>>47232272
Unlikely, unless GW decides to release a "wars of the world that was" line of models like they are doing for the horus heresy for 40k to cash with the possible demand generated by total war and nostalgia value.

But as I said at this point in time it is very unlikely to see it happening, sartosa pirates never had that much support to make an a proper army (I think there were just a pair of collector models, one of which a vampire, and an old armylist made of conversions, but that was for lustria's vampire coast pirates rather than sartosa in particular) you are better looking for alternative models or conversions on your own you naive, young, /twg/ memester
>>
>>47229954
>Only 40k and Fantasy players cling to the idea that if a setting progresses it somehow stops being a setting and becomes a story.

The argument against stories is when one character drives 90% of the plot.

It becomes like Warcraft expansions. The Forsaken plot, the plots of Darkshire, the plot involving the fucking missing king of the Alliance all go on hold because "SUDDENLY, OUTLAND!"

A good setting advances everyone at once, via different plot hooks for everyone that don't have to involve each other. A bad setting that is just a glorified story, with clear main characters and main villains and their factions being mere extensions of themselves.
>>
>>47230350
Like the best parts of Tolkien works, its the journey.
Also, the food.
>>
>>47230529
In 9th Age the Tomb Kings do.
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (28 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
28 KB, 396x385
who /mordheim/ here?

>tfw "Your warband is getting stronger!"
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 550x367
>>47232272
Don't hold your breath. Also, there never was much of an undead pirate miniature line at all.

I guess you could always slap some hats, beards, parrots, cutlasses and etc. on the Frostgrave plastic undead cultists.
>>
>>47231691

Ebay is good and you can get some real deals with a bit of hunting. Just ignore the retardedly priced stuff and "pro painted" minis that look like Clayface (although they can be stripped)
>>
File: image.png (1006 KB, 735x731) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1006 KB, 735x731
>>47230990
>Implying Arab cannot be a cute

The problem is you Euros have no cultural mindbreaking.

Ten years smelling delicious and poisonous fried food 24/7 and getting all the boys will turn your kebab from haram to caramel treasures.
Or, you know, superior Canadian culture.
>>
File: mystical fogs.png (171 KB, 365x238) Image search: [Google]
mystical fogs.png
171 KB, 365x238
>>47232299
I admit that I didn't have a source in my hands and writing out of memory, but I've found pic related exactly where I expected it to be (grom's fluff).

I'm pretty sure very little about ulthuan is natural considering it is the only continent said in the fluff to have been specifically created (by a very powerful magic race through powerful magics for a magic race).
>>
>>47232439
Started playing Skaven. Its fun to not care about them getting fucked up, or to sacrifice one to get a 5 rat pile on.
>>
>>47232521
True.
But the High Elves don't cause the mists. In fact, its stated that the Yvresse High Elves are unique for all carrying Soulstones because its the only way to not get lost in the mists.

The only Elves who create and manipulate mists are Wood Elves. Also, Wood Humans AKA Albion.
>>
>>47232483
Sartosa is a human kingdom as far as I remember.
>>
>>47232573
You're right, but GW hasn't had a miniature line for those at all for at least a decade if they ever had models. So you're even more out of luck with those expectations.

I guess they might have had Mordheim minis, but those hasn't been avaliable for several years as well.
>>
File: Spells of illusion.png (89 KB, 414x143) Image search: [Google]
Spells of illusion.png
89 KB, 414x143
>>47232572
>But the High Elves don't cause the mists.
Source?

I find it unlikely that the elves don't have at least some minor control over the mists, especially when the wood elves do according to what you say and there's not all that much difference in their magical abilities, if anything ulthuan has proper schools and the slann taught them magic: xhanuapec (or perhaps I'm remembering the name wrong, anyway it's called the city of the mist and appears in the end times) is a whole city centered around the use of magical illusionary fogs to protect it mantained by lord hua hua
>>
>>47232272
GW never really had pirate minis, so that's irrelevant for you. if you want pirates, you should go to Reaper Miniatures, they've got a ton
also, what armybook you gonna use for pirates?
>>
>>47232439
played for a short while, then got distracted by Darkest Dungeon, then got Vermintide, so Mordheim is on loooong hold for now. will surely come back to it later, it seemed awesome
>>
>>47232595
>If it was Britush I would have heard Cummerbund or Bilbo say it on Sherlock.
I'm trying to imagine Benedict Cumberbatch calling someone a git and it's just not happening.
Regardless, git is a British insult. Google it.
>>
>>47232688
https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer_-_pirates_of_sartosa browse through the book to the end and you'll see all sartosa miniatures
>>
>>47232679
I'm not the one that has to provide a source, you are.

Nothing has ever mentioned the High Elves creating them, while its been mentioned a few times in bith Black Library and Army Books that the mists are a problem for the High Elves in addition to being a defense, and the reason Cothique and Yvresse are the least popular kingdoms to live in.

Again, the only Elves ever actually stated to have anything to do with mists are the Wood Elf Mistweavers and Lileath who was posing as Ladrielle, the Goddess of Mists so she could appear twice in the pantheon.
>>
>>47232698
Dude, I was making a joke. I know git is British.

I would think "non-Mexican soccer term" was somthing that was obviously a bit of parody of American stereotypes.
>>
File: IMG_6794_2.jpg (3 MB, 3913x3321) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6794_2.jpg
3 MB, 3913x3321
>>47232623
Are you forgetting the most successful GW product of the decade?
Yes, the captain of this beauty is from Sartosa!
>>
I have hard time getting my hands on proper Mordheim terrain and not much time to make it myself (plus my arms grow out of my ass, so I sorta can only make shit), but I have a few castles and fortification bits.

Would Mordheim set in massive castle ruins instead of a ruined city make sense? Maybe some ruined fort in Mordheim?

>>47232722
you do realise this is fan-made, right? half of them are based either on old dogs-of-war, or on Reaper minis.

anyway, no minis in that pdf, only artworks. unless that's was your point.
>>
>>47232722
There is not a singel image of a miniature in that document.
>>
File: my1hrIQ.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
my1hrIQ.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
if you are too mangy to ride a spider, find a spider within ya

this model is freaking hilarious
>>
>>47232778
>>47232781
I thought all the units listed at the end were actual minis

Well this ruined my day
>>
>>47232804
I'm sorry if you thought that, Anon. That's a fan made armylist.
>>
>>47232796
Yeah, too bad it doesn't have Fantasy rules.

If GW was smart they'd have said "Fantasy will totes go on you guyz, we just won't be making any more editions" and put the books up for download.
Without the spite and bile the squatting created, more people would have started Stormcasts and in general both communities would be less toxic.
>>
Dark Elves are pirates, the Ogre Maneaters had a pirate, and if you call your Tomb King Amanhotep all of your models are pirates with Hatred: Bretonnia in lore.
>>
>>47232753
That's what I get for jumping into a conversation mid-stream.

>>47232796
I actually really like these guys. Chaos greenskins are something of a throwback I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
>>
>>47232439
>tfw the first time your leader gets injured he dies
>tfw your best fighter loses his arms
>tfw all this happenes the first time you lose
>tfw you are effectively crippled
>tfw when your lost a few days worth of progress in a minute

shit sucks man. Kind of sucked the fun out of the game for me. Especially once you realize that the only viable tactical strategy is turtling until the abysmal AI runs into your ambushes and chokepoints.

Could be a great game, but they have some serious issues.
>>
>>47229429
Exactly my thoughts lol
>>
>>47232864
But anon, it makes it less special for anything not a human or a Dwarf to be Chaos.

Its fine for a character to fall to Chaos right before they get killed or the world ends, but it doesn't make sense for the ultimate corrupting influence to corrupt anyone when they have their own gods who aren't human.
>>
>>47229410
I wouldn't be surprised

They might not be producing more content for it, but I don't think it'd cost all that much to pour some plastic into the moulds
>>
>>47232233
please answer
>>
File: 1445239553745.jpg (33 KB, 326x315) Image search: [Google]
1445239553745.jpg
33 KB, 326x315
>>47229551
>Elfs
>>
Is why I like historical war games, it's kinda hard to squat French musket men. And the lore is consistent.
>>
>>47232873
Must have played an early build. They nerfed injuries so death is far less likely and permanent injuries slightly less likely, and every negative has a positive. My leader Skaven lost an arm and has to use a dagger now plus he can't climb, but he got a boost from "newfound balance" and is basically impossible to hit on a Dodge.

They just get injured and need recoup time for longer, and its more expensive.
>>
>>47232796

Those who ride spiders must be careful not to become spiders themselves.
>>
>>47232946
But they were in real life
>>
>>47232982
Not all who spider are lost.
>>
File: tumblr_m44mwg2zLD1r1g40zo1_.jpg (214 KB, 610x831) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m44mwg2zLD1r1g40zo1_.jpg
214 KB, 610x831
>>47229429
>>47232892
Oldhammer = OSR

If we ever want GW to remove their heads from their collective arses (slim chance), our best bet is to use this as an opportunity to get really creative. Continue Warhammer's legacy with non-GW miniatures, write new material and create new art.
That's what the OSR did, and as a result a lot of their philosophy was incorporated back into D&D when 5e rolled round.

However, GM has shed a lot of their old guard, so perhaps the damage is already done. We can but hope.
>>
>>47233055

Hey, Pantheon of Chaos did just that, and KoW is picking up the pieces after every subsequent GW squat. WHFB has support, just none of it officially.
>>
>>47232823
that takes common sense and general decency. none of the things GW is famous for.
>>
>>47232987
The French or the muskets?
>>
>>47233082
The only thing of importance that GW had was the WHFB minis. The rules and fluff had gone to hell in the last few years. Since most of their talents on that field has left the company GW was probably not gonna unfuck their game and setting anyway.
>>
>>47233118
I just find it funny that the wall was a thing to be entirely honest

I actually thought everyone talking about it on 4chan was a reference to Arrested Development until recently
>>
>>47232945
>Dwarf - Dwarfs
so logically
>Elf - Elfs
>>
>>47233010
this one's good
>>
>>47233171
plurals don't always follow the "just add an s" rule

Elves are one such example
>>
>>47233145

Exactly. KoW and PoC were run by guys who used to work on WHFB way back when and left because GW kept fucking everything. Basically, the old guard is still producing WHFB, but under different branding.

>>47233191

Isn't it "Dwarves" too?
>>
>>47233191
obviously. but equally obviously "elf" and "dwarf" must follow exact same pattern. it's either "elves and dwarves" or "elfs and dwarfs". no middle ground.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 416x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 416x554
>>47233167
Trump made a lot of crazy promises in the Republican primary and has now gone back on every one of them other than annexing the Iraqi oil fields and replacing the Affordable Care Act AKA Obamacare with "something great".

He said in a radio interview about halfway through the primary that nothing he says is a promise, he only considers them "campaign suggestions". The ultimate irony is that his post-primary policies he hasn't said he's considering not doing are more liberal than any Republucan presedential nominee in history, and he's recieved more conservative votes than any nominee in history.

Also, surprise Sister post.
>>
>>47232823
>Yeah, too bad it doesn't have Fantasy rules.
Use them as Night Goblins with barbed net?
>>
>>47233207
Nah, in Fantasy its always been "Dwarfs", breaking the rule.

Because to say Dwarves is a Grudgin'.
>>
>>47233275
Yeah, but then you need Night Goblins instead of pure spidahs. Or a shitload of those little scuttlers, and I have a feeling they'll be one of the most popular parts.

The whole thing is great for Chaos and AoS, but for me the only thing in it I like is the black priest.
>>
>>47233305
I guess a whole army of these scuttlers would look freaking awesome. Cost would be staggering, but the look... priceless.
>>
>>47233374
Maybe a recaster?

Speaking of, any recasters do scenery? I'd love to have a Skullvane Manse.
>>
File: boot shake.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
boot shake.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>47232945
Staffs.
>>
>>47231745
Anyone?
>>
>>47233569
Not an Ogre player, but hoping you get an answer.
>>
>>47232698
>git is a British insult. Google it.
Sorry, but I didn't knew Pakis language.
>>
>>47233569
>asking about 9th Age in Warhammer thread
>>
>>47233694

Squatter, no squatting.
>>
>>47233586
Yeah, i've posted this list a couple of times now.

I'm deciding between those most expensive banners, extra assholes for the warrior block, random shooting weapons for my characters, and maybe a big name for my Khan BSB.

Right now I'm leaning towards a Holy Icon, and that leaves 23 points left. That could be a crossbow and 2 pistols on my Tyrant, 2 pistols on the Bruiser, and 8 points leftover. Seems like it would be gimmicky, but those 4 shots might do something.

It is magical attacks that mess with ward saves, and they already reduce armor by 2 (so reducing by 3 instead won't help much)
>>
>>47233305
>>47233374
And that's why skirmish scale is best scale.
>>
>>47233830
>AoS
>skirmish
>>
>>47233844
>aos and warhams oldentimes squat adventure are the only two games
>>
>>47232753
>Blimey! I was just pretendin' ter be retarded. Nuff said, yeah?
>>
>>47233864
>AoS is good because somehow it's skirmish game
>>
>>47233678
>Sorry, but I didn't knew Pakis language.
Just like English, eh?
>>
>>47233985
Let's try this again, shall we?

>Sorry, but I didn't knew Pakis language.
>I didn't knew
>Pakis language
>didn't knew
Just like don't know the English language, eh?
>>
>>47234119
Ooop, sorry for this mess, but I mean I don't know meaning of Pakis word "Git".
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
I'm at a small tournament next week (14 people inc me). Would it be weird and creepy if I baked a load of themed cookies for everyone to eat? No actual reason, just thought it'd be nice to bring some cookies people to share.
>>
>>47234566
No? Why would it be?
Last time I went to an X-wing tournament I brought a cake and it was fine.
>>
>>47233694
9th Age is Warhammer Fantasy. Its literally right there in the OP.
>>
>>47234566
I think it'd be really neat.
Our FLGS sells drinks and snacks, when someone buys a big bag they usually put it in an open bowl for anyone.
>>
File: GW's business strategy.jpg (124 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
GW's business strategy.jpg
124 KB, 424x283
>>47234683
>9th Age is Warhammer Fantasy

don't let GW hear you say that
>>
>>47234803
A lawsuit would be dismissed immediately. Also, 9th already has lawyers ready that they consulted while making it.
>>
>>47234878
The point is to not even enter into a lawsuit. You think lawyers are free?
>>
>>47234803
Are you still doing this weak ass bait?
>>
>>47232864
I use goblin mutants from Confrontation as chaos gobbos for our Mordheim campaign.
>>
>>47234683
>9th Age is Warhammer Fantasy
It's not.
>>
>>47236222
sure it isn't
>wink
>>
IDon'tKnowWhoIsTrollingWhoAnymore.png

Anyway, anyone have any comments for my Ogres?
>>
I'm looking to convert Ork Nobz into Black Orcs, what's a good source of bitz to use as armor and weapons?
>>
>>47236670
None cares about your ogres, GTFO.
>>
>>47236731
Fuck off.
>>47236670
I'd give you advice if I could, sorry.

Do OK have a forum? Otherwise, try the 9th Age forums?
>>
>>47233171
Dwarves
>>
>>47236844
I can't believe that I forgot that 9th has their own forum. I feel like a moron.
>>
>>47232211
These rules work pretty well.

The upgrades I would just retoggle slightly. Make the Barding Impact Hits, and the bite just 'Nominate an Attack', to make the rules not have any bloat.

Also, A5 maybe?
>>
File: Magmhôrin-Elite-Guard.jpg (205 KB, 2048x1387) Image search: [Google]
Magmhôrin-Elite-Guard.jpg
205 KB, 2048x1387
>Yet more Chaos Dwarf proxies
>Still no hobgoblin proxies
>>
Is it wrong that I prefer Nathan Long's G&F entries?

Though Felix seems to have become a bit of a jobber.
>>
>>47237824
Fuck hobgoblins. They are traitors to the rest of Goblin and Orc kind.

Smash 'Em Gud!
>>
>>47238058
He shouldn't even be that, he's a poet who trained in college fencing.
Literally couldn't fight a skaven clanrat.
>>
>>47238158
You are talking about a setting in which you can literally get eaten alive, if you wander off by yourself in the woods and the small people have to regularly fight to protect their homes.
Nobody leaves the house with at least a dagger at their hip.City walls are a huge luxury in that environment.
And Felix is a wealthy man's son trained in the use of a weapon.

So aside from making perfect sense in the setting it's also a defining character trait for Felix.
He's a disgraced poet, and a good swordsman, that can charm the pants off any woman he comes across. Aside from hat he's not really great at anything else. He's loyal though.
It's because of those things he even crossed paths with Gotrek in the first place and ended up with a life debt to him.
>>
File: 8limbxraybarc_700x797.jpg (80 KB, 700x797) Image search: [Google]
8limbxraybarc_700x797.jpg
80 KB, 700x797
>>47232823
>Yeah, too bad it doesn't have Fantasy rules.

>special choice for orcs & goblins army; infantry (3-15 models); 9pts per model
>goblin scuttlers
>M6 WS2 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 LD5
>animosity, fear elves, forest striders, obstacles striders, wall crawlers, skirmishers, scout, the blessing of the spider-god (all attacks, both close combat and ranged have the poisoned special rule), netters
>each model must choose one of following
>-hand weapon and short bows
>-hand weapon and javelin
>-pair of hand weapons

>despite believing to be blessed by the spider god itself, spidergobs, or scuttling goblins, or arachnagits, or whatever other chimeric name or possible insult conceivable by greenskin's mind they are called, these strange 4.legged goblins are treated as outcasts and end up confined from the center of animosity of greenskins' kulture, often ending up being lowly slaves to a generous warlord or almost unnoticed minions of mages living in far and lost structures, but inevitably all greenskins, regardless of social status, are attracted into great groups by the call of the waaaagh and it is not uncommon to see these strange goblins follow tribes of night and forest goblins, the latter perhaps offering a greater affinity to their patron god,
>It is said that the 4 legs are a chaotic mutation, an aberration even to orcish standards, not a blessing like the goblins say, the wise crazyness of the shroom farmer shamans tell instead that the goblins were so cunning that they stole the limbs from their neigbors before getting out of the mud, not unlike the famous legend of the orc who grew with a second head so he could always had a fight even when he was alone; how this tale must be taken not even the shamans know.
>>
>>47229794
elves suck. remove all high and dark elf lore, wood elves enough
>>
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 803x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 803x1280
Jesus Christ, this thread is dildoes. How do you you assholes live with yourself?
>>
>>47239417
you're just as bad
>>
>>47238769
Suck a cock.
>>
>>47239417
Go back to beating off to one of your eighteen husbandos.
>>
>>47239417
>How do you you assholes live with yourself?
I have nobody else.
>>
File: archaon.jpg (51 KB, 331x551) Image search: [Google]
archaon.jpg
51 KB, 331x551
>mfw I got the classic metal Archaon on Horse for $20 yesterday
>>
>>47236845

Its Dwarfs in WFB
>>
>>47239757
Lucky.

Settra is like $100.
>>
>>47236845
Tolkien is the only one who uses dwarves.

Properly, it's dwarfs.
>>
>>47240281
I had that model in metal since the TK army book came out in the early 2000's. Not sure what to do with it.
>>
>>47240281
Do any recasters have Settra? Should we send a Settra to one of them?
>>
>>47241678
I imagine that recasted skeleton horses would be a pain in the ass to unwarp properly.
>>
So, I just got the three elven codices for the price of one' MSRP, and they are friggin beautiful. Kinda tempted to buy all 8th codices, does it worth it for the collector, are all of them so nice and shiny? Kinda new to this game.

A pity that skaven never got a hardback book.
>>
Alright. Normie here with a rough outline for the more of Warhammer getting ready for Total War.

So far as my understanding of it is as follows.

>A long time ago some ayy lmao's showed up on the planet, built some stargates, started fucking with the wildlife
>they create the lizard men as their goons then make everybody else, with the exception of Greenskinz who are space algae people
>then at some point chaos, this interdimensional force of destruction gets in through the stargates, intent to fuck things up with the help of evil Vikings and monsters
>The ayy lmaos leave or get fucked up and everybody has to fend for themselves
>The humans make their various kingdoms and empire and just do human things
>the dwarfs are in their mountains trying to fight the fucking algae people and the rat people
>The greenskinz really just want to fight whoever the fuck
>The vampires are the left overs of some old ass necromancer and really don't like the tomb kangz, who got fucked over by said necromancer
>The wood elves are anti social, the high elves play world police from atlantis, and the dark elves just kinda do evil shit in America
>The lizardmen stay in their temples and kill everybody because fuck them

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>47242768
If you want some great fluff, yes.
>>
>>47242768
Army Book.

Codex is 40k.
>>
File: 1459536624227.jpg (351 KB, 736x1386) Image search: [Google]
1459536624227.jpg
351 KB, 736x1386
Hey guys, I wanna throw a...not friendly, but shall we say, non-antagonistic vampire at my WHFRP 2e group. I wanna leave a hint in the name, but I think that 'Wilhelmina' might be a bit in the nose. Any suggestions?
>>
>>47242903
The Elves take over the story after the Warpgates.

Humans don't become important until after the Elves and Dwarfs have their war, when all of Egypt goes undead because Necromancer Sauron kills them all, his vampires run away to Warhammer Europe, and Conan the Barbarian found Germany and the French start acting like Elves while the evil vikings start invading everyone and each other. All in the same century.
The ratmen happened, we don't know how, shortly before all that because we know they fucked with everyone afterwards, but we don't know how far back they are or what they are.

Tomb Kings are only really concerned with themselves, but everyone pisses them off by stealing their shit.

Ogres were the last ditch effort of the Ayy lmaos to make something to fight Chaos. Hobbits were the prototype, the Ogres were Mongolians who failed invading China when a meteor fell that caused a giant radioactive hole they worship as the "Great Maw". They just want to eat everything, and work with everyone as mercenaries when not invading as a group.

Beastmen are just random bands of mutants worshiping Chaos. They're assholes, and everywhere. They have one goal; poop on civilization, plus some raping and cannibalism.

Vampires come in five groups; Strigoi are feral 30 Days Of Night fuckers who tragically fell from awesome, von Carsteins are Draculas who want to openly rule, Lahmians are female and poncy male secret world rulers, Necrarchs are mad scientists allied with the big evil Necromancer Sauron but just sew random monsters together to sell until he comes back.

I think that covers it mostly.
>>
>>47243713
Forgot the final vampires; Blood Dragons. Vamps who are DEUS VULT but they lose blood thirst and vampire weaknesses if they act awesome enough.

Oh, Elves are thus.
One race, save the world by building a Vortex powered by a worldwide network of "Waystones" that makes it REALLY hard for Chaos to invade by shooting the magic they make themselves real with back at them.
Then their prince pitched a hissy with his evil mother because they decided kingship is democratic, started a fucking crazy civil war between Cenobite Nazi Dark Elves and AMURRICA FUCK YEAH High Elves. Dark Elves fuck off to America (strangely), and manipulate Gigj Elves into fighting Dwarfs and being bitchy to each other forever. The High Elves who wanted no part of it (still dicks to Dwarfs) went into the deep forests of France and Germany to become Fey with all the insanity that entails as Wood Elves.
>>
>>47243813
You forgot to mention that Malekith literally fucks his mom.
>>
>>47237824
Russian Alternative is working on Hobgoblins.
>>
>>47233694
>>47233678
reminder to report and hide slav
>>
>>47243569
>I wanna leave a hint in the name, but I think that 'Wilhelmina' might be a bit in the nose.
I don't get how that is a hint. It's just a regular name.

I think it's enough to say that she's unusually pale and should only meet your party after dark though.
>>
>>47244059
Wilhelmina is Mina's full name from Dracula.
>>
>>47244090
Considering the whole thing is staged in the empire, where everybody has a German name I don't think that's something anybody will pick up on.

Might just be because I am German myself though, so I don't have any associations in particular with those kind of names.
>>
>>47244168
You're probably right, I just don't want to give the game away too early.
>>
>>47233207

I wasn't aware that one member of the Design Studio and a guy from marketing/managing counts as old guard, as far as KoW goes.

>>47237824

I don't even think the FW CD make use of the eight pointed star.

>>47242768

I found all the 8th Edition army books to be pretty nice.
>>
>>47237824
>chaos dwarfs
>no hats
>>
>>47238729
I don't like the fact that night goblins are the one who were blessed by the Spider God.
They do have enitre sub-species of goblins for spider shenanigans
>>
>>47246529

Probably going off the FW models, but I think even their infantry wear helmets.
>>
>>47237824
>>47246529
>>47246613
Their sergeant in the FW line had no helmet or hat, I think the hats are for the elite and helmets are for the grunts, with the bare-headed horned ones somewhere in between.
>>
>>47246556
They are not necessarily night gobbos, they probably just like covering their bodies a bit, I personally would imagine their rags as brighty colored with stuff like yellow stripes, symbols for the god and other spider inspired designs

Chose the stats of night goblins because they have closer I to the spiders and it's more logic for them to have less LD being outcasts
>>
>>47247100

I didn't think they were Night Goblins either, but I noticed that two of them have what appears to be moon iconography hanging off their cloaks.

I think they may end up being just what it says on the tin, Night Goblins that somehow found their way inside the Silver Tower and were somehow twisted by it.
>>
Anyone think the Age of Sigmar Alarielle could have worked as an Ariel model? Not here to start a shitfest, I actually kinda like the design on this character and with a few tweaks a model based on this art could be a good Ariel. Maybe replace the spear with a staff, and make the headdress a little smaller? should be a good one for conversions
>>
>>47248027
Ariel was more fae and less MTG* green angel, but yes, it's not difficult to integrate AoS into WHFB with but a few conversions and I certainly wouldn't be against it.

The added insect theme is not bad, the wings and the spear would be the things that should be touched more.

*ironically, golgari wouldn't be a bad inspiration for the darker side of ariel.
>>
>>47248027
hm, i actually expected something more bizarre from AoS. this looks... tame. i'm not really interested. will continue working on my current conversion
>>
>>47248130
Well, she is riding a giant stag beetle.
>>
>>47248130
A giant war beetle the size of a land raider is tame for you?
>>
>>47248163
>>47248175
i'm not interested in the beetle though. i won't use it anyway. Alarielle herself is pretty generic, so that's why she's "tame".
>>
File: 1446548455647.jpg (291 KB, 1288x1920) Image search: [Google]
1446548455647.jpg
291 KB, 1288x1920
>>47229419
only a few
>>
>>47248265
>>
>>47248186
The elf-tree hybrids too don't seem overdesigned to me >>47246894

We would have to see how the new-dark elves and new-high elves are, if they continue on the trend of the silver tower or the aesthetic of the actual line
>>
>>47248027
Does anyone see an Aztec feel in his look too?
>>
>>47248283
it's not about overdesign-ness, it's about direction in design. if they went for something less standard - moth wings, or maybe something else - I'd probably use that model. would've sawed off redundant bits and stuff, but still.

but just giant nature angel with feathered wings an little other interesting bits? nah, I'll pass.

half-elves / half-dryds though... that's gonna be interesting.
>>
>>47248336
>half-elves / half-dryds though... that's gonna be interesting.

Does this confirm that people can mate with dryads?
>>
>>47248346
>dryads got boobs
>dryads got asses
i don't see why on earth not? if it has female features, it can and will be fucked.
>>
File: 1462497297319.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462497297319.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>>47229419
>>
>>47248283
Shit. If the new elves look like Silver Tower, I'm out. I guess I could maybe play a wood elf army, if they get some good kits. The silver tower elfs are dumb looking.
>>
File: fantasy.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantasy.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47248265
technically that's the order of sigmar's blood
>>
>>47248336
Yeah, I would have liked something more traditional.

>>47248346
Only if they have wood.
>>
>>47248393
Slav, please go. This is not funny and your bait is 0/10.
>>
File: SoM_MagicWheelColour.png (68 KB, 404x393) Image search: [Google]
SoM_MagicWheelColour.png
68 KB, 404x393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p7d_nVBS8

That was one spooky burning head
Is it just my impression or pretty much all damage spells are vortex in total warhammer?
>>
>>47248440
>someone with an idea for a WHFB conversion using another setting's model comes into the thread
>somehow it is not related to the thread
Slav go away
>>
File: Empire_Knights.jpg (422 KB, 1200x810) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Knights.jpg
422 KB, 1200x810
>>47248387
>>
>>47248514

I believe so. I think it is a game-ism due to the nature of the mechanics. You can't dispel and you also have to aim which is not the same as in table top. So I think the vortex part to both help and hinder you. You can shift a missed spell onto target or hit your own guys if you aren't careful.
>>
>>47230604
lol a turkish night goblin boss, apparently.
>>
>>47248624
You mean the thread you started?
>>
>>47248671
No, I mean your AoS generald where you came from.
>>
>>47248624
>le xD shill meme
>whfb has consistent aesthetics :^)
>I'm just pretending to be contrarian kuk
>gotta police thread from aos boogeymen that I invented ;^)
>my mom thinks I'm funny ( ._.)
>non-Citadel minis are not hobby

Kill yourself and do it slowly.
>>
>>47248688
Yeah, the one you started.
>>
>>47248707
>guys WHFB always have MMO aesthetics you should buy only Citadel. Remeber ignore eveyone who dodn't like AoS thread, this thread is a private GW blog
>>
>>47232823
If they'd known what a fuck up AoS was going to be they probably would have. But they thought it was going to blow us all away and didn't want Fantasy competing with it. Although you can get a PDF. of the Rulebook from Black Library.
>>
>>47248711
>dat projection of AoSplayer
>>
>>47240281
60 Doru for a Balthazar Gelt. Was a good cast though.
>>
Hey guys I got a bunch of old warhammer stuff from my brother that he never did anything with. Want to try painting the dwarfs but I've never painted anything before. What paints should I buy? I've got some of the old ones but I'm missing a lot of colors.
>>
>>47248624
>>AoS aesthetic
most of AoS aesthetic is derived from WHFB, sigmarines may be perhaps the more divergent but even them have roots in valten
dryads, elves covered in bark or a goddess of life were present even in fantasy, even more so in oldhammer

but you're trolling anyway
>>
>>47248878
because they would buy more by accompanying the miniatures to a properly loved setting?
>>
>>47249009
A starter kit would not be a bad investment. Both Army Painter and Vallejo are fine alternatives to Citadel paints. Also get a primer and some washes. It's also a good idea to practise on a few cheap minis before digging into your main force and get some basic youtube tutorials.
>>
File: 1GD.jpg (41 KB, 470x352) Image search: [Google]
1GD.jpg
41 KB, 470x352
>>47249009
First of all you need a primer, usually come in spray, the primer helps the successive coats of paints to adhere better and more uniformly; you should choose if you want your scheme to be brighter or darker in order to take the proper primer; then it all depends on the type of color scheme you want the dwarfs to have.

The wip general surely has guides and more content to help a novice.
>>
What is Age of Sigmar and why is it so hated?
>>
>>47249067
Yeah, that's why they will buy eldars and space marines.
>>
>>47249113
it is a stuff GW replaced WHFB with. crappy game, but meh.

people are bitter at GW for squatting WHFB and replacing it with that joke, but the only hate-speech is coming from Slav, who's trying to troll.
>>
>>47249139
What's funny is that he flip flops between AoS and WHFB, why do you guys take his posts seriously?

Easily sported. Easily ignored
>>
>>47249154
i never reply to him, just report his every reply
>>
File: empire ensign 4.jpg (87 KB, 724x1012) Image search: [Google]
empire ensign 4.jpg
87 KB, 724x1012
>>47249102
he missed the helmet and the lorica musculata, but he still is a big guy in golden plate armor with leonine/eagle insigna using a great warhammer as weapon

I'm not saying the design of the stormcast is acceptable in warhammer fantasy, in fact I used them as example of the most divergent design coming out of AoS, but AoS aesthetic despite everything still see bits and inspirations from older warhammer (on top of the 40k ones like the body proportions and the segmentation of the chestplates)

if WHFB looked like WoW it's because WoW drew inspiration from WHFB; the main difference being warhammer tried to remain less exaggerated; if this isn't visible in the new sigmarines it is at least in the posted artwork about the life goddess which doesn't diverge too much from ariel since the latter was very fantastical (as in possessing visible fantasy elements) to begin with.

unless you can offer me a different definition of WoW or MMORPG aesthetic we can use for the purpose of the discussion
>>
>>47249154
Probably because no one wants to stick around for a thread made out of 50% shitposting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.