[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine / Hordes / Warmahordes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 198765098216790.jpg (111 KB, 793x690) Image search: [Google]
198765098216790.jpg
111 KB, 793x690
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-04-2016

Ret ausfags must be happy edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

What will cryx's multi-would units be?
Because griffons haven't had their cost reduced, is this the end of vyros2 griffon spam?
MHSF didn't really get nerf'd.
Recon the butcher3 is going to get the chopping block?
>>
>>47178796
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-09-2016

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250643-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-09-Will-Shick-Retribution-of-Scyrah-Overview&p=3506829&viewfull=1#post3506829
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 520x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 520x558
I'll never understand the Retribution aesthetic.

Warjacks
>tiny heads and hands
>obvious erections

Infantry
>thick thighs
>dong plate
>>
what factions do you play (not just own but actually play)

http://www.strawpoll.me/10138678
>>
>>47178909
1. All jacks have tiny heads
2. It is a sign of virility
3. Only dawnguard armor looks like that
4. It's no less ridiculous than the other heavy infantry armor in this setting.
>>
>>47178909
They need to make sure that their soldiers can go home and make more baby elves, man.
>>
>>47178909
that and the shitty palette make me never want to own them
>>
>>47178951
on the topic of palette, I think it's fucking retarded for more than 50% of people who own a faction to not just create a custom palette.
It's your models, you bought them, make them your own, why would u just want to copy the norm?

My ret are black, teal, grey, and blue, and they look amazing.
>>
>>47178987
they don't have enough breaks to change the palette. They need shoulderpads and underarmor and rivets and helmets when instead they're all one new-age swedish funiture looking blob
>>
>>47178987

got any pics?
>>
>Watch for an Insider all about Jack Marshals
>from Jason in the next couple weeks. There's
>been some significant changes!"
>>
>>47178987
It's a probably a leftover habit from playing other games. If you've touched 40k you know that every space marine chapter has their own scheme and you either follow it or make your own chapter.

I noticed PP is trying to push custom schemes with their latest mk3 videos and I think it's funny they felt the need to do this because they've had alternate color schemes in the books since Escalation.

Maybe players are having difficulty trying to justify why an army would adapt alternate colors other than camouflage. It really doesn't make sense for Khador to be blue.
>>
File: ret2.jpg (5 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
ret2.jpg
5 KB, 237x212
>>47179060
can't disagree with that, it's very hard to interchange colours on a ret model, once you pick a scheme you have to see it through on most of a models surface.

>>47179063
I don't have a good enough cam to take em, but I'll post some very similar ones that I semi based my palette from
>>
File: MK3.png (3 MB, 1920x1624) Image search: [Google]
MK3.png
3 MB, 1920x1624
>>47179109
>>
File: ret5.jpg (55 KB, 375x336) Image search: [Google]
ret5.jpg
55 KB, 375x336
>>47179127
I did used to love making 40k custom chapters, but then I started playing the actual game at my local store and realized how unbalanced and disgustingly progressive it was (every codex forces you to buy new more and more expensive models to remain viable/competitive)
>>
>>47179142

yeah that doesn't look bad, do you have a similar one for jacks?
>>
Honestly, I go with studio colors because there are in depth guides about what kind of shading they did on them and shit that helps a lot. I know the colors work together well already and these models are expensive.
>>
File: ret6.jpg (74 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ret6.jpg
74 KB, 800x533
>>47179142
>>
File: ret7.jpg (55 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
ret7.jpg
55 KB, 300x400
>>47179180
^ not actually very close to my palette at all now that I look at the pic more carefully,
more like pic related
>>
File: MageHunterText.png (175 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
MageHunterText.png
175 KB, 300x377
>>47178796
What is this Ret = Australia meme, you dank fuck
>>
Has PP updated the conversion policy for mk3?

I use resin shale bases from another company and it would suck to rebase them.
>>
File: ret8.jpg (270 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
ret8.jpg
270 KB, 1600x1067
>>47179190
>>
File: ret9.jpg (50 KB, 604x906) Image search: [Google]
ret9.jpg
50 KB, 604x906
>>47179172
Yeah of course, that makes sense.

>>47179171
sure, here ya go.
>>
>>47179226
are those LEDs or are you really good at OSR
>>
So what's up with ret anyway

Why do they spend all these resources making laser guns and shit that aren't any more effective than the black powder rifles humans are using

They talk about how expensive it is to outfit riflemen but then you have pirates with what appear to be flintlocks that have the same range and damage as their laser guns
>>
Legion of Everblight has a bunch of parallels with Zerg from Starcraft.

Shredder - Zergling
Afflictor - Mutalisk
Incubus - Infected Marines
Scythean - Ultralisk
Absylonia2 - Kerrigan
Everblight - Overmind

Ret looks very Protoss to me as well. what do you guys think?
>>
>>47179289
LEDs haha

>>47179304
Well, for the Retribution, everything is expensive cause they're a renegade faction, so they don't have the full financial backing like most of the other warring nations / groups.

Fluff wise, I think your point about the laser guns being exactly the same and flint-lock pistols is a fucking good one. Surely some anon here has an answer?
>>
>>47179304
Elves aren't as great as they'd have you believe.

Notice how they're a dying race in nearly every setting since Lord of the Rings?
>>
File: IMGP0176.jpg (226 KB, 856x558) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0176.jpg
226 KB, 856x558
>>47179328
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS
>>
>>47179370
I don't play the game, but my cousin has that model, painted green and purple. What does it do?
>>
>>47179390
At present? Not a hell of a lot. But hopefully that will change.
>>
>>47179390
Fires a long range weapon similar in profile to one mounted on a myrmidon half the cost, slightly buff ranged attacks made by myrmidons in B2B with it, and spend points on melee defense abilities despite being an obvious artillery piece.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 625x415
>The Iosan elves are endangered because they aren't being reincarnated anymore and their gods are dying too.

>The Nyss elves are endangered because the dragon Everblight corrupted them.

>The mercenary elf unit Cylena Raefyll and the Nyss hunters are extra endangered elves because they're the uncorrupted remnants of the endangered Nyss elf race.
>>
>>47179216
Those have always been allowed. Stop trolling.
>>
>>47179347
They actually use a crappier version of the alchemical blasting powder that the rest of Immoren uses. It is said that their guns are lower velocity, so they use a higher caliber to compensate. (Not actually how physics works, if it was lower energy then a larger bullet would be even slower). Their magic guns are pretty much just jacks.
>>
>>47179851
So why are the riflemen drawn firing lasers in the art, idgi
>>
>>47179981

Poorly drawn muzzle flare
>>
>>47179610
What about in Gargantuans when the Hyperion's gun is basically described as a black hole gun?
>>
>>47179981
Muzzle flash?
>>
>>47180018
I fail to see how that would stop you from using the bases you'd want.
>>
File: rifle corps.png (1 MB, 1087x558) Image search: [Google]
rifle corps.png
1 MB, 1087x558
>>47178909
>>47180008
>>47180028
Like compare the way ret stuff is drawn to the ways these riflemen are drawn

If the ret ones are meant to be depicting projectile rifle they failed miserably
>>
>>47180057
(also, this guy's rifle has identical stats to a ret rifle for whatever reason)
>>
>>47180057
Artist may have missed a memo, but in >>47178909 you can see the revolver chambers on their guns, they're clearly projectiles.

Most of Ret's tech isn't actually better than mainline IK tech, it's just a bunch of weird sidegrades and fancy looking sleek design.
>>
>>47180057

They are clearly different artists, so comparing the two pictures is pointless.

>>47180067

Comparing rules to lore is just as pointless. You'll find dozens of inconsistencies with stuff like this. Compare stuff like bows, crossbows, and guns between each other and the differences between all of them is usually minimal.
>>
>>47178987
I follow vanilla schemes because, while I can paint at a satisfactory level, picking colour schemes that look anywhere near decent is somehow fucking impossible for my dumb-ass, I imagine there are a few others with just as small imaginations and colour theory knowledge as me.
>>
File: 1435811035043.png (120 KB, 537x500) Image search: [Google]
1435811035043.png
120 KB, 537x500
>>47178987
>pick up Ret and I want to do a cool, unique color scheme
>spend two full evenings running through google image search looking for a cool scheme to use as inspiration
>the third evening I just pick up my first primed model and start slathering it with white and trollblood
Fuck decisions.

At least generic Ret are fairly striking if the white and its shading are done well. Maybe I'll start something based on Samus Aran's power suit or pic related's armor when I get to doing Thyron and his crew.
>>
>>47180409
Is it even possible to paint Ret properly without an airbrush?
>>
>>47178951
You can paint them however you want. Why does no one who plays this game go outside the default color schemes? Make Cygnar wear yellow, Khador can (should) be gray and white; hell, cryx can be hot pink and chartreuse if you want. (Seriously don't do that) But everyone just does the same shit. Show some creativity, if nothing else so two of the same armies fighting isn't just a confusing blob of models.
>>
I painted most of my khador in studio colors, but dudes like winter guard and widowmakers I didn't put any red on them except for the leaders. I did them up in brown leathers, and used whites, light greys, and light blues for their cloth. White shoulderpads except for the leaders which get red.

I like big mean red khador jacks and manowar and pikemen, but the regular dudes in cloth shouldn't really be doing that. Kovnik joe is bright-ass red though.
>>
Do we know which faction insider we're getting later this week, or are we back to mystery mode?
>>
>>47179851
>Not actually how physics works, if it was lower energy then a larger bullet would be even slower
That's actually exactly how it works, there's reason why late blackpowder rifles were 11-12mm caliber which went to 7-8mm when smokeless gunpowder stated being used.
>>
I just bought a second-hand Wraith Engine, assembled but unpainted, for a hair under half it's retail price. Was this an awful decision, or is it finally going to be playable in MK3?
>>
>>47181331

"And holy god, the Wraith Engine… No longer satisfied with merely gathering souls, the Wraith Engine now produces Machine Wraiths from its victims. Soul Bondage states, “Once per round when a living enemy warrior model is boxed while within 2˝ of this model, you can remove the boxed model from play and replace it with a Machine Wraith solo.” Furthermore, it has flat-out gained Incorporeal and been bumped up to SPD 7, and the Machine Wraiths themselves have traded a wall of text for simple effectiveness: now possessing a melee attack, the Machine Wraiths can temporarily take control of warjacks they hit in combat."
>>
>>47181030
Not really, though. Those same rifles you're talking about started using smaller calibers to take advantage of the smokeless powder. It's not like they had the same performance- the new ones had triple the range and power, and we're more accurate to boot. In the IK, they're the same.
>>
>>47179851
>>47180129
The writers/designers can't seem to decide whether this is the case or not.

It's stated that they pretty much have the most well equipped military in western Immoren, and the Ghost Sniper's arcane cannon is explicitly a laser rifle that shoots magic (same with the Destor weapons, IIRC). The heavy rifle apparently fires 'bolts' via some kind of magical/magnetic impulsion, and the Hyperion has a gun that literally deletes space and everything in that space.

But Invictors are using blasting powder for some reason?

Something tells me there are a lot of conflicting ideas within PP about what Ios is supposed to be like.
>>
>>47180619
My Rey has different color schemes based on the subfaction. Houseguard are blue or purple, Shyeelis metallic blue, Mage Hunters are earth tones, Vyre is white and orange, and Dawnguard are bronze. Looks wonky as hell on the table but Ilike it.

On the gun thing, all Ret infantry weapons are projectiles, they're described as such in the Forces book and you can clearly see the revolver cylinder on every infantry gun except Garryth and the Heavy Refile Team. Vyre myrmidons also use projectiles, although they're infused with magical properties. Shyeel myrmidons project a portion of their Force Field as a long range weapon. The reason it's not straight up better than bullets is because balance is a thing and they get special effects instead.
>>
>>47182636
Holy shit these typos, fuck typing on my phone.

So my mistake, the Ghost Sniper doesn't have a revolver.
>>
>>47180439
Rattle cans work fine for large flat surfaces.
>>
>>47182551
Ret are also worried about their tech falling into enemy hands so it's likely they don't just run around with lasers and shit constantly. Magic bolts that can go through walls is enough to kill most things and sneak away, no need to level a city with your lasers and alert the entire barracks to your location.
>>
>>47179180
brb, stealing your color scheme.
>>
>>47179328
>Zerg
>Not Tyranids, who the Zerg are a ripoff of

I mean, I have massive quantities of salt for GW, but at least point out the *tabletop* game they ripped off.
>>
>>47182991
>Tyranids
>not Aliens, who the Tyranids are a ripoff of
I think we can do this for quite a while.
>>
>>47183003
>nids
>>not Aliens, who the Tyranids are a ripoff of
>I think we can do this for qui

That's why I said tabletop game they ripped off of :P
>>
>>47183048
I see. But I don't think the analogies from >>47179328 work as well for Tyranids as they do for Zerg units.
>>
>>47179304

Because two reasons

1) The guns generally have some interesting and useful side effect.

2) their energy guns don't require ammunition and retribution warjacks can recharge literally anywhere by just sitting
>>
>>47182551
Given that the Retribution's forces are drawn from the standing armies of several Iosan families and long-standing institutions/organizations, doesn't this make a degree of sense? Their technology is going to be a bit disparate because they aren't a united army in the same way that, say, Cygnar or Khador's armed forces are. They're made up of contributions from all over Ios. So you'll have Myrmidons with forcefields and gravity-cannons fighting alongside troops with miniature railguns, and next to them there's bumfuck peasents with halberds and simple blasting powder rifles.
>>
>Ret gets the most awesome insider yet
>Overshadowed by new powerfield
>4chan only talks about bad color schemes

Oh for fuck sake, we have had nerf-bats swinging on Cryx, Legion and Skorne as they where a fucking Piñata. When they finally release a descent update on a team everyone thought "muh... wont be much of a change, apart from ripping the MHSF a new one", we not only get a small (and I have to admit it was small) nerf to the MHSF (who everyone thought would get nerfed to the ground!), and just about everything else is buffed (and in a good way!).

Only thing I have a hard time deciding is, do I get a unit of Sentinels, who seems legitimately great now, or a unit of Invictors, who are more in line of what they should have had in terms or rules (Besides, it has been confirmed that they will keep all their current rules as well as the new Assault. Hell, the bonus mini feat of +4 rng brings this units threat up to 24" with ability to re-roll to hit when doing CRA!).
Oh, and Discordia is a must now for my Rhan list as well! Man I'm so fucking pumped, Ill lay down a huge fucking order tonight with all the goodies I feel is a must have (which is just about everything now)!
>>
So, Garryth has Acrobatics now, and his feat also shuts down Fury and stops placement/movement effects (so you can't just Admo away from him).

With the changes to 'jack efficiency, is this enough to make him actually useful?
>>
>>47180439

You tell me. Not my models, but the guy obviously used a brush to paint this, and it looks gorgeous.
>>
>>47183520
I see. What about Myrmoridons? They must be hell with a brush.
>>
>>47183705

Everything is hell with a brush, because it takes time and effort to get it done good. The airbrush is a tool designed to make good transitions relatively quick compared to traditional brushwork.
Having an airbrush helps cutting down painting time which is a necessity for people like me (family, full time job and so forth), but painting with brush has its rewards as well and you will feel super proud when you finished something that took you blood sweat and tears to complete.
>>
Invictors or Sentinels?

Tell you the truth, sure the Invictors seems more in line with fluff, but man those Sentinels just seems to good to be true now!

Base as before (reach, weapon master, ps12 and so forth) but with Vengeance passive as well as the BtB +2 Arm. Ad to this the Iron Zeal for an additional one round +4 arm, and your walking around with a freaking arm 21 unit thats going to hit you back hard! I dread what having a arm/def buff to these guy can do!

Buuuut, the Invictors are cool (power of cool is not to be trifled with). and they did go down a whooping 2 points, which leads me to believe that both units will land on the confirms 10/16, with a +4 ua, landing nice and flat on 20 points.
>>
So, is the point scale of games essentially doubled? 100 as standard instead of 50?
>>
>>47183885
They do different jobs. One is a frontline hard hitting unit and the other is a combined arms unit.
>>
>>47183288
>Ill lay down a huge fucking order tonight with all the goodies I feel is a must have (which is just about everything now)!

I'll wait until I know everything before ordering more stuff. I do have an unassembled Vyre-Jack kit here, but I want to wait till I know all stats before assembling it. Hypnos looks very cool at the moment, but who knows? For all I know the Sphinx could be a hidden star.
Got to be a bit more patient.
>>
>>47183288

ret jacks are fucking bonkers with power up and the changes to arcanists. Hyperion can have a full three focus every turn with just two arcanists

Fuck, Helios can give all jacks one focus and add that with power up plus whatever arcanists will do, it's trivial to run multiple myrmadons at full allocation with zero input from the warcaster
>>
>>47184185
Problem with that is your support is super vulnerable and Jacks are going to be worse at assassination now.

What do the electro mancers do? I want to order them and magnetize the new heavy jack
>>
>>47183914
Points are essentially being doubled, but 75 will be the new 50 because jack/beast points on casters/locks is being multiplied by 4-5x.
>>
>>47183914
Recommended is 50 if you liked 35 and 75 if you liked 50. Keep in mind with up to 30 jack/beast points you'll have roughly the same model count.
>>
>>47184316
I'm amazed by how shit and unnecessary Electromancers are. There's nothing they do that a squad of Stormfalls don't do better.

Hopefully they'll be retooled into a support/defense tech unit.
>>
>>47184347
Stormfall is like my favourite Retribution unit, I can't wait to run them in MK3
>>
>>47184316

>arcanists
>super vulnerable

One problem you shouldn't have with Ret is the ability to screen small based solos who hide behind your jacks anyway. dedicating almost any attack to taking out a 1 (2 now)point solo is going to be a trade in your favor anyway.
>>
>>47184316

Arcanists are cheap as fuck

Helios isn't vulnerable

Power up doesn't stop unless you're disrupted or dead
>>
>>47183989

Indeed, I think Ill go with the Sentinels, backed up by a unit of Riflemen.
Ad to this Discordia for some more jack love and a couple of Arcanists which now fills the role of being "totally fucking awesome!", some good assassin solos and I'm golden with a 75p list with what I already got.
>>
>>47184379
If you're building a very heavy jack list then you need those support to keep the focus rolling. I can sacrifice some of my shit to drop your armies effectiveness massively.
>>
>>47184436

If you're answer to Menoth is "I'll kill your choir, it's just so easy" then I don't know what to tell you. Losing arcanists isn't really that big of a deal when I get two focus per non-Helios jack before allocation anyway.
>>
>>47184316

If power-up is within 5" I'm golden, as my main opponent plays Jarl (Fuck you magic bullet!). Also play with Rhan as my main, so no problem surviving blasts and the like, especially now with free focus and Discordia! Hell yea, my Riflemen will be crammed up on that mother fucker!

>>47184373
Will be interesting to see what they get in mk3, this is a until I have always wanted, but played to small games to fit them in anywhere. Now Ill be advancing to 75, I might just get them. All depending on how good the Hyperion gets to kill infantry (Hopefully he can insta-gib medium based models now, because I fucking hated that in mk2 rules).
>>
>>47184409
Power up is a default rule now. Helios is likely losing it as all jacks automatically generate a focus a turn or whatever
>>
>>47184496

Why would Helios lose it? He's a support colossal, having broadcast power + power up makes ret into a genuine Jack list
>>
>>47184496

Helios has broadcast power which is only superficially like power up. Also the fact that Helios isn't even going to exist in Mk2 gives credence to the idea that his Mk3 incarnation won't be all that different.
>>
>>47184489
Discordia + Stormfall will eat infantry all day every day. I was wanting a phoenix and run both under Kaelyssa for assassination runs but she doesn't need the arc node now. Maybe play Garryth instead and just spray the shit out of infantry then get into fisticuffs with jacks while I sneaky breeky to assassinate.
>>
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-10-2016

It is our goal to provide you the best, most entertaining experience possible when playing a game of WARMACHINE or HORDES. To best achieve this goal, we may update model entries and rules to maintain balance in the game as it continues to evolve and grow. We will publish any such updates online semiannually at privateerpress.com/errata. Additionally, these changes will automatically be applied in War Room, the digital companion app for WARMACHINE and HORDES, ensuring users will always have the most up-to- date cards and rules information on their digital devices.

In addition to the downloadable reference documents and War Room updates, annually we will release a physical update pack containing updated versions of the cards that were affected by the previous year’s adjustments. Models that have been updated in this way will be listed on our website at privateerpress.com/errata. In order to make card versions easily identifiable, each stat card contains the year and version number and is marked with a color specific to that year. This will enable players in an official event setting to quickly and easily confirm the cards they are using are the most current versions by cross-referencing them with the stat card version sheet found at the front of the errata document.

We highly recommend that you visit this site regularly to ensure you are using the current version of a model’s rules and enjoying the best possible WARMACHINE and HORDES experience.
>>
The whining on the main forum is brilliant.

>wahhh wahhh Ret actually have good spell hate now like they were designed to
>wahh wahh these guys might actually kill my warnoun
>wahhh wah the faction that hates warjacks is really good at killing warjacks

Beautiful.
>>
>>47184645
Nothing has even really changed though. The thing everyone wanted nerfed is being nerfed.
>>
>>47184687
Yeah. With Ret, everyone wanted the MHSF nerfed. And they got toned down reasonably.

With Skorne, everyone wanted Molik nerfed. And instead everthing else got nerfed. Seems weird to me.
>>
>>47184772
To be fair, Karn got nerfed with pretty much everyone but Makeda3 from what we've seen.

>>47184645
I'm honestly curious on how you defend against Garryth's assassination, to be honest. You can't escape from it, you can't screen against it, you can't camp against it, so what do you do?

LIke, it feels like you need to be an ARM19+ warcaster to even have a chance.
>>
>>47184835
He has the bond with all the Makedas. Amd Mak2 was the only one using him as a jojo or missle anyway. So it hardly changes anything.
>>
>>47184835
Stay out of range, same as any other decent assassination caster. Keep your ass away from them.
>>
>>47184854
Sure, but the Beatback nerf limits his potential with those two.

Only Makeda3 gives him movement on every attack, which is great, because she can still do her super feat, which was always impressive to watch.

>>47184859
I mean, to a degree, sure, but the way his feat works, he might just be able to use his army to shoot you to death as well, As you can't transfer or spend to stop the damage under it, Garryth no longer needs to do the deed himself.
>>
>>47184835
Rhyas was just as deadly, if not moreso, and yet, she's never been a particularly competitive warlock.

Just keep away from him.
>>
>>47184904
>she can still do her super feat
I've been thinking a lot about that. In MK2 the Bronzeback was auto-include with her. Now it'll be the Archidon instead. It can allow her to charge up, put her spell on herself, feat, go full ham, sprint back, cast the spell on Molik and have him go nuts next.

That is, if the wording for Sprint allows for that. Not sure.
>>
>>47184904
>I mean, to a degree, sure, but the way his feat works, he might just be able to use his army to shoot you to death as well

Any units with Arcane Assassin could do this by default in MKII. That didn't make Ret OP at any time. It definitely didn't make Garryth OP.
>>
>>47184940
Sure, but Arcane Assassin was limited to low POW models, by and large, or difficult to deliver ones, like the assassin, everything else you got your camp against.

Now, with no more camp, their high POW shooting can shred you and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but the change to camp and his feat makes his assassination seem like a ranged one instead of a melee one, and ranged assassinations are far more difficult to defend against.
>>
>>47184835
If you can't keep your warnoun out of Garryth's charge range even with premeasuring allowed, you honestly deserve to get cut to ribbons by Clint Elfwood.

If your opponent manages to pull you in with movement shenanigans? Good for him, you're supposed to be making that hard for him.
>>
>>47184979
It's not Garryth himself I'm worried about.

It's him feating on you and then shooting you to death with aiming Archers/warjacks/CRAs.
>>
>>47184977
Ret don't actually have much excessively high POW shooting. They've always run into trouble with cracking ARM because of this sort of thing. If you let the guy get a clear shooting range/charge lane on your caster with multiple 'jacks, you should really be expecting to die.

That said, I can definitely see it hurting if you get hit by a pair of Rifle Teams after Garryth pops his feat. That could be pretty deadly.
>>
>>47185004
Yea, but since you can't camp anymore, they don't need high armor cracking shooting to do it.

Like, even ARM17 is something a lot of their guns has no problem with.

The higher ARM casters in general are much safer, of course, but that's true of any assassination. The worry is what your lower ARM casters can do.

Like, with mages to clear firing lanes and a decent amount of guns, it just feels like some casters are just going to hate life.
>>
>>47185039
Most Ret guns that have no problems with ARM17 are on warjacks or aren't particularly mobile (but more mobile now).

Again, if you get your warnoun in front of multiple ranged warjacks with highish POW guns, you should really be expecting them to get mauled. This means they'll be mauled harder, which is appropriate.

You're basically just going to have to be more careful around him. Just like you would around Butcher3 or Caine or any dedicated, effective assassin.
>>
>>47184993

...but he can already do that.
>>
>>47185118
Before, he couldn't affect Fury and while you couldn't spend focus, your camp still counted against non-arcane assassin shooting.

Now, he stops both.
>>
How new Garryth works.

Play Moros,Banshee e Chimera.

1.a]Wait for angle to catch opponent Caster with a Slam/Moros gun.
1.b] If the angle doesn't come try running Chimera and using a boosted Gallow to pull caster and create an angle.

2]Use Feat, shoot opponent caster wih Garryth Guns.

3] Be sure you have at least a unit of Invictors or Strike Force.

I am notteling that will work 100% or that smart opponent can't deny that, but that 200% more easy than MKII Gman assassination run.
>>
>we might have to think about how we place our warcasters when fighting an assassin caster now

I don't know what to say, other than "yeah."

He's an effective assassin now. He was terrible, now he might be somewhat good.
>>
>>47185166
I mean, I personally play Lucant. I give no more fucks about his assassination now than I did before. Likely even less, because Lucant is more than likely getting a base armor increase.

It just feels like he's got this amazing ranged assassination that has a huge effect on how opponents play against him.
>>
>>47185139

Wait where's new garryth?
>>
>>47185416
Forum posts spoiled his new feat and said he's pretty much the same but with magic weapons now.
>>
File: crows.jpg (73 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
crows.jpg
73 KB, 540x960
A guy on Cryx's facebook group posted this, saying that both of these things are coming in August.

So be happy Cryx bros. The Inflictor comes soon.

And a new unit of undead crows, apparently.
>>
>>47184687

>Nothing has even really changed though

Wrong, everything changed to the worse, for all other teams that is! This is whats upsetting most people. While every other team gets nerfed, Retribution stays afloat, and even has some pretty descent buffs in their insider!
Hell, you remember the whine-fest when Skorne got their Insider?

>>47184645

Brilliant! And best part is, I loved everything they did in the insider, fucking beautiful!
>>
>>47185488
So Retribution is about where they want the power level to be across all factions.
>>
>>47185468
>metal

Good thing PP hasn't forgotten their roots yet.
>>
>>47185505

Yes! The fun part is, they are only just pulling down the rest of the teams to an average level. But the Warmahordes community that don't play Rets cant coop with the idea of having to change play style, not having their favorite death stars and whatnot.
Thus all the whining.
But in truth all teams will be equally balanced, but this is to much for your average wargamer to take in, so they chose to just focus on the bad stuff/ie - nerfs.
>>
>>47185535
They won't be balanced though. Saw MKI>MKII. There will still be broken and overpowered shit they miss and people will just use those instead. They get new "old" toys and old "new" toys basically.
>>
>>47185488
>Skorne whine-fest

Cuz I was really whining when I saw the bit where Void Spirits suddenly get boosted attack rolls against Living, plus a nine inch teleport and a free attack when they kill something. And the Willbreaker handing out Tough and Continuous Effect removal. And Morhoul 2 getting his Blind feat back. And Ghostly for my whole Mordikaar battlegroup. And Far Strike on the Canoneer. Etc.
>>
>>47185546

>Years of play testing
>Years of balancing through data collecting
>Mindset from privateer to make this a much more balanced game
>average /tg/ still whines like a little bitch

This sums it up right?

On a more serious note though, there are bound to be some rock, paper, scissors combinations out there, you cant get around it. Some casters will be better with small match ups, while some will dominate on a larger scale. Some casters will prefer facing Hordes, and some Warmachine. But the over all gameplay will be much more balanced from what we have seen thus far, and you will be able to pick from almost an entire book of units, instead of spamming the few rare great units.
I think this will create great synergy with what the game has to offer, as before you just repeated the good units, now you can have your average units in specific combinations to make them better overall.

Combine this with the new T-system, which will give your list army-wide bonuses, and you will have an endless opportunities to create fun, yet challenging lists.
I think, despite removal of the pre-measuring system, that mk3 will put even more focus on playing the game great, and not playing with a great list!
>>
>>
>>47185606

Nope, but you obviously wasn't paying attention to the rest of the official forum posts.

Dont get me wrong, I think that Skorn got a great insider, but the reaction from the audience was horrid (Music to my ears but still!).
And I think this was because the recent nerf bat to both Cryx and Legion, who admittedly was the top dogs in all this, people thought it was time for a buff-fiesta for the rest of the teams to come. They simply hadn't prepared for the article they got.
>>
>>47185668
Yeah, I make it a point not to visit the official forums. I get enough whining from the various Facebook friends I have who play (and the Legion whining from just one of them was fairly deafening).
>>
>>47185606
Most Skorne players were whining hard.

>"My Molik Karn can't kill his way three ft up the table then bounce back effortlessly anymore, Skorne is ded!"

That was the general response from Skorne players.
>>
File: ghetorix.jpg (20 KB, 471x414) Image search: [Google]
ghetorix.jpg
20 KB, 471x414
new Ghetorix sculpt. Apparently has Spiny Growth and Warp: Murderous.
>>
>>47185712

Most people I saw bitching were just upset about their precious Cataprachts.
>>
>>47185468
>>47185653
>>47185723

These are beautiful sculpts!
With the addition of the new sculpts of the big´ol character jacks, I could only dream of a new unique Discordia sculpt, much more dynamic.
>>
>>47185712
Did they actually change anything significant on him? Cause all I see is that they limited him to only having Side Step when in Makeda's control area. That hardly seems like it'll be the straw that breaks the cyclops's back.
>>
>>47185736

Yep, the Cataphract-spammers and "Molik cant kill your army"-whiners was about it. there where also a fair amount of "my big fat elephant should most definitely have def 12" rants together with the "Whats wrong with beasts? They where perfectly balanced to Jacks! Why remove my 5 Initials and Fury 5? Now my team sucks!".
But thats about sums it up... all 16 pages of them...
>>
>>47185801

Not the guy you're asking, but in my opinion, no, not really. He's still a PS-13 weaponmaster with 2" melee range. Losing always on sidestep hurt, but it's not the end of the world. He'll still be a monster with the Makedas.
>>
>>47185723

Thank fuck.
>>
>>47185801
Losing Side step and beat back is huge for Karn on most casters. Pretty much everyone had a reliable as fuck assassination with karn in mk2, now only the makedas do
>>
>>47185872
Considering I only ever ran him with Makeda2, I'm not exactly weeping. Hell, if his points came down I might even try him with some other warlocks for a change.
>>
whats the source of all the news about new sculpts and releases?
>>
>>47185921

I think it's retailer emails about upcoming product.
>>
>>47185909

Well, he's only 20 points in the new edition, so...
>>
>>47185890
On the other hand, at least in my meta, Side Step has mostly been about getting through or around infantry blobs. If they're really de-emphasizing infantry as they claim, that might start to be less of an issue.
>>
>>47185948
Both were good, yea. Side Step+Beat Back just gave Karn a shitload of tools, with a pocket assassination that every Skorne caster had some way of making better.
>>
>>47185909
He's going to be a fucking monster with Makeda3.

Overtake + Grevious Wounds is going to murder the world.
>>
>>47186000
That's just about as good as Beat Back used to be. Better against tough, worse against everything else. Mak3 was not broken before, she sure wont be now.
>>
>>47185943

Oh Jesus they're whining about him getting side graded but he dropped down to 10 fucking mk2 points?
>>
>>47185921
Are those the Amethyst Rose guys? If so no double barrel pistols makes me sad.
>>
>>47186172
Those are the edgy number edgy color resculpt.
>>
>>47185723
What does Murderous do again?
>>
>>47185921
Jesus these guys look great.
>>
>>47186204
if it's the same as the new Murderous from the Scythean, it adds an additional die to attack rolls against warrior models.
>>
File: Amethys.png (162 KB, 535x258) Image search: [Google]
Amethys.png
162 KB, 535x258
>>47186181
Ah, good. If the Amethyst Rose "Thorn" unit doesn't have the signature vertical dual-barrel magelocks I'll be really disappointed.
>>
>>47186234
Living if its inchanged from mk2
>>
>>47182315
The slower ones had more power.

Or, more precisely, had less power but delivered all of it.

Slow velocity, large projectiles impart all of their energy into the target and have a massive wound channel.

Fast, high velocity projectiles don't impart all of their energy as they tend to pass through, and though they have a large temporary cavity the permanent cavity is much smaller.

This is why the .45 was preferred for so long, with the 9mm being used later because it had more than double the magazine size.
>>
BIRDS!
>>
>>47185801
He used to gain +1 fury when in Makeda's control area too, and that's gone. And the beat back nerf took away half his movement game.
>>
>>
>>47186659

>Doesn't mention Sloane
>THE Riflewoman gunmage.
>>
He, guys, quick question. I'm new to warmhordes; interested but never played, basically. I've been waffling about which force to pick and how exactly to get into the game. Usual stuff, I'm sure.
Now, here's the thing: The bitzbox at the FLGS for some really convoluted reason contains two Hyperion gargantuans; basically some guy just left them and never came back to pick them up, so eventually the just sort of ended up in there. I could get both together for €40. Both are assembled pretty well and primed in a somewhat medicre manner, but are missing a few of those antennas at the back of the pauldrons.
Otherwise they are intact.
Now, in 40k I have a certain fondness for Knights, so I was wondering if a force with two Hyperions would actually be playable in a at least semi-viable manner. I really like the models, the price is low and the owner of the store would be glad to see it go to someone that actually has interest in getting into the game.
>>
Black 13th now have Concentrated Fire
>>
>>47186736
Double Hyperion with Ossyan or Issyria is technically viable.

Just one is probably a better idea though.
>>
>>47186736
for casual the two Hyperions would work but a normal balanced list would have a little difficulty dealing with the arm an amount of boxes. But it could be fun.
>>
>>47186736

>Buy them both
>Sell one for profit
>Buy more knife-ears
>>
>>47186736
For that price I'd grab both if you have the cash. As >>47187236 says is the best course imo.
>>
I want to get into this game but why are all the models so fucking ugly?
>>
>>47187259
some are gorgeous... depends on how you see it. I used to not like the warjack esthetic, but when I played a game with the actual models on the table I found they looked great. PP do dynamic poses better than GW though, that's for sure.
>>
>>47187259
I like 'em *shrug*
>>
>>47184645
I stopped by reddit yesterday on account of it being the only unblocked discussion forum at work. A full third of the "discussion" was an extremely persistent Cryxfag raging that MHSF kept Jack Hunter and that this somehow invalidated his entire choice of faction.
I thought it was funny that he was fixated on the one unit that actually took a clear nerf.
>>
So what exactly is PP doing with Makeda1? She's gone from infantry buffer to what looks like a niche anti-Hordes warlock.

>Defender's Ward, Muzzle, and Savagery are gone and replaced by:

>Quicken – An upkeep spell that provides target friendly model/unit with a bonus to SPD and DEF against ranged and magic attacks.
ie. fucking useless because everyone's dumping 4" circles on your army now.
>The Lash is a potent attack spell with a 3” AOE that reduces the THR of warbeasts hit by 2 for a round.
Cool with an Agonizer putting fury on beasts but that's about it
>Subjugation of Will is a control range upkeep spell that grants Shield Guard to the warbeasts in her battlegroup
This is just shit

Fuck Subjugation of Will just give me back Defender's Ward you fucks. I don't care how much you're blatantly dealing with infantry spam by removing all instances of +ARM for infantry just let me deliver my god damn Nihilators.
>>
>>47185653
>We Tremors now
>>
>>47186849
>>47187160
>>47187246
What else should I grab to get going in support of those hyperions? Warcaster, infantry, mechanics, whatever.
>>47187236
I feel likte that'd be an asshole move towards the store owner, to be honest.
>>
>>47187505
Things you want to start Retribution
>Pick 2 Warcasters you like the look of most.
>Pick up 1-3 Arcanists. They are the best solo for Warjack support.
>Get the new battlebox when it comes out in a monthish.
>Pick up a couple units that go well with what playstyle you like. I'd suggest Stormfall Archers and Houseguard Halberdiers. Both see a lot of table time and are used in a variety of lists.
>>
>>47187452

>shield guard on all beasts
>bad

Better go tell lucant that

And quicken is fucking awesome, stacks with rush nigga.
>>
>>47187625
I'd love a spell like Subjugation of Will. Alas Skorne players seem to be the new Trolls, crying rivers of salt.
>>
>>47187647

Yeah how awful, Molik Karn charging at Spd +7 with sidestep is just going to make Makeda unplayable. And the fucking Titan gladiator can fucking shield guard for Molik too
>>
>>47182551
Ret faction book says they use something more like our gunpowder. A single powder rather than a mix of two. It's weaker so they use bigger rounds.
>>
What kind of stuff do you want to see for mercs? Hopefully they will let McBane work with steelheads now.
>>
>>47187732
Something with Magnus1, seeing all these changes to ARM and the like make me want to run him and Croe's Cutthroats with Kayazy and ruin people's shit with backstab.
>>
>>47187732

Pow increase in rovers axe

Magnus1 keeps resourceful

Fiona made good

Steelhead cavalry exactly the same if not a touch cheaper

Honestly by making jacks more viable in mercs, you fix their armor cracking problems really quick
>>
Has there been any info on changes to Khador in Mk 3?
>>
>>47187732
I want to see the Highborn theme be able to use all Arcane Tempest gun mages.
It would be so sweet.
>>
>>47187834

Mortar lost a bit of range, but can move and shoot + fucking KD on hit
>>
>>47188026
Nope nope nope, that's the Field Gun. Mortar I think is exactly the same except I believe it picked up High Explosive [10], so all blast damages are pow 10
>>
>>47188066

Oops. Still p good tho
>>
>>47187259
Is it the pauldrons?
>>
File: ha ha ha ha haaaaa.jpg (77 KB, 453x553) Image search: [Google]
ha ha ha ha haaaaa.jpg
77 KB, 453x553
Ossyan now has Field Marshal: Future Sight and Deadeye in the place of Chronomancer. And his feat remains the same.

>mfw
>>
>>47187732

>Renegade no longer Magnus exclusive
>Cephalyx made less insular
>improved heavies or make them cheaper

That would do it for me.
>>
Some dev comments have suggested two-caster games are going to be a thing again.

I've been dying to do Skorne/Magnus2 but never wanted to play 100 points.
>>
File: 57209742.jpg (454 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
57209742.jpg
454 KB, 1280x720
>>47188479
I'm assuming this is from the forum thread about the insider? I always liked Ossyan but hot damn.
>pic related
>>
>>47188721
Doug brought it up on Ret's facebook page.
>>
>>47188479

>future sight, dead eye and fear
>on a Hyperion that can have 3 focus per turn with zero input from Ossyan himself

Sweet

Fucking

Elf

Jesus
>>
>>47188534

I can guarantee you the nomad will be 10 Mk3 points, if not 9.
>>
>>47188735
I am so looking forward to Ossyan in the new edition. With his changes and Hynpos changes alone I'm super excited. This >>47188748 just adds to the levels of stupid.

On a side note we now know the Griffon & Chimera are 8 points and the Gorgon is 9. So the new Battlebox has 16 points in lights. SO if it's 0pts and she has 28-30 WJpts the Manticore is somewhere in the range of 12-14 pts.
>>
>>47188748
Shit, I didn't even consider Hyperion.

The night is dark and full of ballin' elves.
>>
>>47186044
The point is that Makeda3 kept the exact same tools she had before, except now she has an easy access to tough removal. It lets her be the infantry blender she was before, except tough can't stop her anymore.
>>
I'm starting to feel like I picked the wrong factions now that mk3 is rolling around. Skorne and Menoth don't seem so hot now. Hoping at least Kreoss3, Zaal2, and Makeda3 stay legit.

The real problem is that mk3 has kinda killed my drive to paint. Do you guys have any recommendations for staying motivated?
>>
Mk 3 is the shooting edition. Cygnar, Legion, and Ret are making out like bandits. Khador and trolls are doing pretty okay. Menoth, circle, and skorne are going to struggle.
>>
>>47188945
What has Legion got buffed as far as shooting goes?

They lost a shit ton for it.
>>
>>47188945
Circle and Menoth will probably make up for their lackluster shooting with shenanigans. That's what they've always been about. Neither would be great at what they do without their weird mechanical effects.
>>
>>47188988
The best shooting faction losing some shooting doesn't mean they aren't still a top contender in a shooting edition.
>>
>>47188919
>kept the exact same tools she had before
Except now they're on a non-cyclable upkeep instead of a spammable animus.
>>
>>47189042
You really only need it on Makeda3 and Molik.
>>
>>47189012
They didn't just lose some shooting.

They lost their easy LOS bypasses and lost their ability to fully shoot with a multiple Ravagores every single turn for free, which is a big part of what made their shooting so good.

>>47189042
What does that matter? She still uses Karn to kill the world, she doesn't need to move upkeeps around to do that.
>>
>>47189062
>>47189065
The difference between having 1 beast go ham on feat turn and having 2 is the difference between winning and losing.
>>
>>47189128
Go to Walmart.com and buy some plano 1404 pistol cases for $9 they come with pluckfoam and work great.
>>
>>47189143
Not really, but ok.
>>
>>47188945
Menoth has "Passage"
>>
>>47189143

The fact that Mak3da can use it to crowd-surf is what seals the deal for me. As >>47189062 said, you really only need it on Molik and Big Mak.
>>
>>47188748

Yeah don't fucking forget deadeye isn't an upkeep so he can slap on shatter storm if you need to just absolutely murder a Mcthrall swarm
>>
>>47185712

I didn't see Skorne players mention karn at all, other than mention he was still mk2 karn with the Makedas.

Thinking about Molik Karn at all seems to indicate somebody that is salty towards skorne of all things.
>>
>>47188945

I actually expect the circle gargantuans will get better shooting and they've been talking up Circles magic ability so I have a feeling Circle will have good shooting but it'll be based on magic rather than big guns

Well that and zapdos and wold wrath will probably be a little less lackluster going by all the gargantuan changes so far
>>
>>47189233
>you really only need it on Molik and Big Mak
Have you noticed it's an upkeep? And that Marketh can't cast those anymore?
>>
>>47189348

What skorne players are going on about is Cataphracts, Titans, and Paralytic Aura as it relates to those two.
>>
>>47189379

Oh, it's an upkeep? That does put a little bit of a damper on things.
>>
>>47189405
Also our ranged game losing far strike.
>>
>>47186659
>more ret cons
does this setting have no integrity?
>>
>>47189519

>finally another gun Mage sniper

You know there was already one right
>>
>>47189538
sure, but it was a warcaster and they are always blatant mary sues.
Long arms aren't supposed to be able to be made as magelocks
>>
>>47189519
This solo is to Kara as the captain adept is to Caine. What's so bad about it?
>>
>>47189579
Magicka technology has advanced in the last, what's it been, 5 years? There was a timeskip.
>>
>Invictors threatening 22" with Deadeye and Ossyan feated dice

We are now living in the Age of Elf.
>>
>>47189519
>retcon

What retcon? Where have they ever said there were no gunmage riflemen?
>>
>>47189579
>Long arms aren't supposed to be able to be made as magelocks

How can one man be so incorrect?

This is from the IKRPG core book, btw.
>>
>>47189579
>>47189886

And this is from the D20 Character Guide.

>Most magelocks are military pistols, though a number of small pistols, and even a few rifles are known to exist.
>>
>>47189886
I'm seeing "exceedingly rare" and not "not exists"
>>
>>47190010
Yes. That is the point I wished to make by posting it.
>>
>>47190099
>>47190010
Ha ha, whoops, I guess I lack reading comprehension. I was taking your side here.
>>
>>47188713
Magnus no longer works for Skorne, Jason said.
>>
>>47190161
That's some fucking bullshit.

So they're just telling players that did two-caster games with skorne and magnus in mk2 to fuck off?

I'm sure 2 or 3 people bought him for that.
>>
>>47190231
Yes, I'm sure their intent was to piss those two or three people off rather than clean up the game.
>>
I just ordered the banshee heavy jack kit. Going to magnetise it like the others heavies I have. Is it worth doing different heads? Maybe put a pin in each and just push the right head in or am I better off just saying fuck it?
>>
>>47190300
I maged the heads of my jacks, and found out I usually don't bother or forget to switch them, and no one notices.

Just pick the one you like and go with it.
>>
>>47189999
>posts D20 to try and trump more recent IKRPG post
You can't actually be this stupid can you?
>>
>>47190231

I really don't think any company should be so concerned with such a tiny minority of the games community. I mean it sucks for the one or two people that did just that, but it's just pants on head retarded to consider stuff like that when making big sweeping changes to your system.
>>
>>47190480
Did you read it you stupid fuck

Try reading what it says
>>
>>47190480

I think he posted BOTH to prove they are uncommon but not impossible.
>>
File: 1457553548005.jpg (32 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
1457553548005.jpg
32 KB, 550x633
>>47189538
>>47189584
>>47189845
>>
does anyone have the source for the no magnus in skorne thing?
>>
>>47187452
>quicken
>useless
>>
>>47190546
>>47190563
If that's the case cool, but it looked like 1 person posted newer book then another replied with old book that is overruled by new book.

I see this far too often though. Rare in the RPG setting means for Adventurers. The Arcane Tempest are a Military Organization with resources to make the guns themselves.
>>
>>47188945
We know almost nothing about Menoth and Circle.

Menoth is going to be the only faction with Purification. Crusaders are 10 points. That's all I'm aware of for both factions.

Amon, 9 crusaders + support at 75. I'm so tempted.
>>
>>47191328

What are you?

A
Casual?
>>
Does anyone have the artwork of Beth Maddox firing her swordgun? I remember it but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
I wonder how much army composition will change.

What was once 50 is now 75. Point costs are doubled. The points your actual army gets are going to be closer to what you have in a 35 point game, with the rest made up for by 30ish points of warjacks. Infantry costs are largely staying the same, meaning you get less infantry on the table than before.
>>
>>47191448
Beast/Jack points on your Caster/Lock are spiking to compensate. I've been hearing 30-35 points. So 30-35 on top of 75 is about right.
>>
>>47185921
So new Black 13th sculpts? Cool.
>>
>>47191521
Yes. But like I said. The actual army points are effectively cut by a quarter. So you've got less points to spend on units and solos in Mk3 compared to Mk2.
>>
>>47191634
>The actual army points are effectively cut by a quarter
Like nigger just fucking no. I don't know about you, but I've never used less than that proportion of my army in beasts. Warmachine players will just have to get used to running Jacks like Hordes players run Beasts. And seriously I don't think I've ever used 37.5 points on non-Beasts in a list. Let me check the last list I used, hang on. Right, 22 points of warrior models. Fuck your shit, it's irrelevant as fuck. Nihilators cost 15, boo fucking hoo they use 20% of your total non-Beast budget rather than the 16% they used before.

Like nigger I do not even know where the problem is.
>>
>>47191733
He's talking about the fact that Warmachine list construction is going to change immensely. Which is absolutely true.

He's not complaining about it, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>47191634
Well the army points you can spend on infantry and solos. Overall army points are only dropping by about 7.7%. Assuming 6 WJP, 56x2=112, new casters have 28-30, assume 29, 112-75-29=8, 8/104=0.07692307692
>>
>>47191769
>The actual army points are effectively cut by a quarter. So you've got less points to spend on units and solos in Mk3 compared to Mk2.
Saying you have less points when having less points is irrelevant sounds like forum crying to me.
>>
>>47191798
>Saying you have less points when having less points is irrelevant sounds like forum crying to me.

He's saying that it's going to drastically change army comp (which it is). He's not saying that is a good or bad thing, merely that it is a thing.
>>
>>47191798
Oh, cool, you're a retard. Thanks for letting us all know.
>>
>>47191733
The last Skorne list I used ran 13 points of beasts, and the caster covered 5 of those. Zaal1 with a raider and a sentinel.
>>
I want to get a new army for Mk3.

Khador or Protectorate?
>>
>>47192372
khador
or you could just wait for it to release before buying a whole new army without knowing anything about how the factions will be
>>
File: 1298367106470.jpg (143 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1298367106470.jpg
143 KB, 894x894
>>47192372
Menoth
>>
>>47192391
I am planning to wait for the full release before buying, I just want to get hyped for a new faction now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.